• Published 4th Nov 2022
  • 261 Views, 27 Comments

Reboot: New Generation - The Irish Brony



Hitch protectes the computer city of Mainframe. He gaurds against the viruses of Megabyte and Hexadecimal. What happenes when one day he is forced to hand down his guardian code to his son Sparky, so he can protect Mainframe.

  • ...
4
 27
 261

Game Over

“Hey Sparky,” Zipp says, walking into the conference room. Sparky leans his head on his hands while his elbow rests on the table. Sparky looks over at Zipp as she enters the room. Cheering and parting echos into the room from the command room. “You’re missing out on the party,” Zipp says, pointing over her shoulder with her thumb.

“How can they party when Megabyte is still in Mainframe,” Sparky responds, leaning back in the chair he is sitting on.

“Because we are closer than ever to getting rid of him forever,” Zipp says, walking over to Sparky. “For once in the last few cycles we can rest,” Sparky takes a deep breath before standing up. “Heck, even Pipp us having fun for once,” Sparky chuckles before nodding.

“I’ll try,” Sparky responds. Zipp nods before Sparky makes his way to the door. Zipp follows him out of the convince room and into the command room where binoms are partying. The binoms start cheering when Sparky steps into the room. Groups of binoms swarm him and congratulate him. Sparky smiles awkwardly as he looks around for Pipp. “Excuse me,” Sparky says to the binoms before pushing past and walking over to Pipp by the map table.

“Look’s like you go popular,” Pipp says as Sparky walks over to her.

“I didn’t even do anything,” Sparky responds back with a shrug.

“You gave them hope,” Pipp responds.

“But…” Sparky is unable to respond when the big vid window turns on, showing the outside of the firewall around Megabyte’s sector. The two turn and look as Zipp walks up to them. The binoms in the room go quiet as they turn to look at the army lined up along the firewall.

Pipp chuckles before saying, “Of course, he would try to get out,” The group watches as Megabyte’s forces shoot at the firewall. None of the shots even make a scratch on the wall. The fleet stops shooting as the sky turns purple.

“Warning Incoming Game,” The announcer says as the Gamecube starts to drop.

“That’s my cure,” Sparky says before turning and heading for the door.

“Hey, Sparky!” Pipp says, walking over to him and squatting down to eye level.

“What is it Pipp?” Sparky asks, turning around to face her.

“Please be safe,” Pipp says before hugging him.

“I’ll be fine,” Sparky says, hugging back.

“You promise to come back?” Pipp asks as the two separate.

“When haven’t I?” Spark asks, pointing at himself. “Now if you don’t mind, I have a game to win,” Sparky then turns around and runs out of the room as Pipp stands up and watches him leave.

“Don’t worry,” Zipp says, walking up to Pipp. “He’ll be fine,” Pipp turns to Zipp. Zipp smiles at her, causing Pipp to nod and smile back.

“You’re right,” Pipp says before turning around and walking back to the map table.


Sparky flies fast over the city towards the falling Gamecube. He makes it under the cube with no problem. He steps off his zip board before grabbing it and attaching it to his hip as he looks around.

“Glitch,” Sparky says, raising Glitch up to his face. “What is the game?” Sparky asks as he steps into the arena-looking area. It’s a flying marble iland with roman styled pilers and stained glass paintings floating around the area. Glitch beeps as Sparky looks down at the screen. “Immortal Konflict?” Sparky whispers to himself as one of the paintings light up. “The user needs to get five wins in a best out of five fight,” Sparky looks around as the user’s lit-up painting goes back to normal as another one is selected. “But there are twelve playable characters,” Sparky says as the user picks a big devil looking character. The character steps out of the painting and solidifies into a creature. The user holds a sword in his left hand. The paintings light up again as the user chooses his first appointment.

“Let’s see if I can outsmart you user,” Sparky says, running over to the highlighted painting. He stops in front of it and double-taps his icon as the user selects the painting. “Reboot!” Sparky yells, but nothing happens as the painting flies to the middle of the ring. An angel steps out of the painting, holding a sword in both hands. The painting behind the angel is destroyed as the two face off.

Sparky’s ear twitches as he hears a loud barking sound. Sparky turns to see Frisket running up to him. “Frisket!” Sparky says, kneeling down as the dog runs up to him. “What are you doing here?” Sparky asks as Frisket licks Sparky’s face in joy. “I haven’t seen you in a long time boy,” Sparky says before Frisket lets out a little whimper. Sparky looks over to see the angel being beaten down by the user.

The angel tries to crawl away, but the user grabs the angel with its right hand and lifts him up into the air before crushing the angel’s head in his hand. The user throws the body away as the angel responds behind the user. He turns around to face the angel running right at him. The user grabs the sword with his right hand before shoving his sword into the angel's body. Blood slides down his blade as the user grabs the angel’s head again and crushes it.

The user pushes the angel's body off his blade as the announcer yells out in a dramatic voice, “Final round!” The angel spawns back, but this time doesn’t charge the user down. The two stare each other down as they walk around in a circle. The user charges down the angel this time, but the angel dodges and gets a stab at the user. The user grabs the angel’s sword and pulls it towards him, pulling the angel towards him. He then stabs him with his sword before throwing him to the ground.

Sparky swallows a lump in his throat before saying, “Oh, boy,”


Megabyte stands on top of one of his ships within the fleet that flies in front of the firewall. His arms are crossed over his chest as he taps his foot patiently. A ship towing a platform flies towards Megabyte. On the platform is a vertical circle that holds an unconscious Hex in its grasp. The ship slows down and stops next to Megabyte’s ship. Megabyte steps onto the ship as a viral binom in a doctor's outfit walks up to him.

“Is she ready?” Megabyte asks, looking down at the binom.

“She is still asleep, but she is fully functional,” The binom responds in a very german accent.

“Good,” Megabyte replies with a big smile. “Wake you up,” Megabyte demands.

“Of course my liege,” The binom responds before walking over to the control panel next to the cantonment field. The binoms hits a few buttons before Hex is shocked. She lets out an ear-piercing scream before the shock dies down. Hex’s scream turns into laughter as Megabyte walks up to her.

“That was dreadfully fun,” Hex says with a big, evil smile on her mask. “Now let me go,” Hex begs.

“Unless you help me, you will not be freed,” Megabyte responds back.

“And why not?” Hex asks, her mask turning into question.

“Because they have placed a firewall around us,” Megabyte says as Hex looks around at the wall of fire containing the sector.

“Oh they are smart,” Hex says with a wicked smile. “Let me guess, you want me to open a hole in the firewall?” Hex asks, looking down at Megabyte.

“That is the plane,” Megabyte responds.

“And what if I decide not to once you have released me from these reached confinements?” Hex asks in anger.

“Doc?” Megabyte asks, looking down at the binom at the control panel. “The collar please,” Megabyte asks kindly but with an evil twist in his voice.

“With pleaser,” The binom responds, handing Megabyte a metal collar with a green gem in the center.

“What is that?” Hex asks with genuine curiosity.

“A new… fashion statement you could say,” Megabyte says as he clips the collar around Hex’s neck. “Release her,” Megabyte says, looking over at the binom. The binom nods before pushing a button on the panel and letting Hex go free.

“Now it’s time for you to pay!” Hex yells in utter rage as her hands charge a big fireball in front of her.

“Now now Hex,” Megabyte calmly and slowly says as he flips open a panel on his arm, revealing a controller. “We don’t want a mess on our hands, now do we?” Megabyte pushes a button, causing the green gem to glow brighter. Hex yells out in pain as she falls to her knees. The fireball disappears as Hex clasps at the metal collar. Megabyte pushes the button again, turning off the gem and letting Hex relax.

“What have you done to me!?” She yells, standing up and stepping into Megabyte’s face.

“A simple delete common to keep you in check is all,” Megabyte responds before hex pulls away.

“Cleaver,” Hex says, scratching her chin. “But you do realize the moment I get this thing off, I will kill you,”

“I just need you long enough to get Mainframe under my control,” Megabyte says, extending his hand. “Will you do that for me?”

“Of course!” Hex says, grasping Megabyte’s hand with both of hers. “I wouldn’t miss this for the world,” Hex lets out an evil chuckle before spiraling into a made cackle, with megabyte joining in with a deep, evil filed laugh of his own.


“What are they doing?” Pipp asks, looking up at the vid window. The vid window shows the outside of the firewall. The fleet lined up along the firewall with Megabyte and Hex at the front of the fleet.

“It looks like they are planning to try and break threw,” Phong says, scratching his chin. “Potentially Hex could break threw a segment of the wall and let the fleet fly out one by one,” Phong says, turning and looking up at Pipp.

“If they do get threw, wheel blast them the moment Megabyte slips out,” Pipp says before a vid window pops up next to her with the general. “General,” Pipp says, turning to face the binom.

“Yes sir!” The binom responds, saluting Pipp.

“Get the turrets facing the firewall up and ready to fire,” Pipp says. The binom nodes before the vid window collapse and the two look back up at the big vid window.

Hex floats up into the air as her hands turn an orange color. The turrets at the entrance to the Principal Office turn on and turn towards the firewall near them. He points her magic into a stream and sends it into the firewall. The wall slowly opens up into a hole the size of one ship.

“Head for the Principal Office,” Megabyte commands his leading officer. The officer nods before the vid window collapse. Megabyte turns to watch as his fleet one by one goes threw the hole in the firewall.

“Hold your fire,” Pipp commands over the communications. She watches and waits as the fleet comes out and towards the Principal Office.

“We must fire now!” Phong says with great worry in his voice.

“That damn coward,” Pipp whispers. “Fire at them with everything you’ve got!” Pipp yells out. The turrets point and shoot down the ships. The few remaining try to turn around and head back. A few get shot down as they retreat.

Hex laughs maniacally as Megabyte watches his fleet burn. “Close the hole!” Megabyte commands, looking up at Hex.

“As you wish,” Hex responds, stopping her magic. The hole in the wall closes as the remaining ships rame into the firewall, exploding on impact.

The biomes in the Principal Office cheer in joy as Pipp sighs. Phong pats Pipp on the back. “Do not fret my child, we will get rid of him soon,”

“I hope you’re right,” Pipp responds, looking over at the three-dimensional Gamecube on the Mainframe map.


“Final Fight!” The announcer says as the user picks his last opponent.

“Come on!” Sparky yells, waving his arms around as he stands in front of a stained glass painting of a yellow ninja. “Over here!” The user hovers over the painting and selects it. “Yes,” Sparky whispers before quickly double tapping his icon and yelling out, “Reboot!”

The painting of the ninja transfers to him. Now he is dressed in a yellow ninja outfit with no other weapons but his bare hands. He looks around at his outfit before tugging at the mask around his mouth. He pulls it off before taking a deep breath in. “You can’t breath in these things,” Sparky says before throwing the mask to the ground.

“First round!” The announcer says as the user readies himself. Sparky raises his fists up and gets ready to fight. “Fight!” The announcer yells. Sparky waits patiently as he stares up at the user. The user stares back as the wind blows between them.

“Come on,” Sparky whispers. “I know you want to,” The user gets impatient and runs at Sparky. Sparky smiles as he jumps up into the air. The user swings where Sparky was, causing him to miss. Spark flips over the user and grabs onto its back. “Snakebite,” Sparky says, digging his first pinky claws into the neck of the user. The user screams in pain before falling to the ground. The body disintegrates on impact with the ground. Sparky quickly gets up and readies himself for the next fight.

“Second round!” The announcer says as the user reforms. The user glares at Sparky before the two start walking in a circle. The two stare each other down. Sparky makes the forest move. He quickly runs over to the user and slides under him. He quickly stands up and slams his palm into the user’s back, sending him flying to the other side of the arena. The user slams into the pillar before turning around in anger.

Sparky smiles as the user charges Sparky down. The user swings his sword as Sparky jumps up and over the user again. He grabs the user’s horns and pulls them with him. Sparky lands on the ground and slams the user’s head into the ground. Sparky goes for the killing blow, but the user grabs his hand and pulls him up and slamming him back into the ground next to him. Sparky lets out a grunt as the user stands up. Sparky attempted to move but the user steps on Sparky and crushes his chest.

“AAAAAhhhhh!” Spark yells out in pain.


“Sparky!” Pipp yells as her heart skips a beat. Sweat drips down Pipp's neck as she takes a few calming breaths.

“You all right Pipp?” Zipp asks, wrapping her arm around Pipp’s back.

“I…” Pipp stalls a bit as she looks away from Zipp. “I just don’t wave a good feeling about Sparky,”

“He’ll be fine,” Zipp resounds before sliding her arm off of Pipp’s back. “How is the Gamecube?” Zipp asks, looking back and up at a binom at a computer terminal.

“All energy signs are normal,” The binom responds.

“See,” Zipp says, gesturing to the binom as Pipp looks up at her.

“It’s just… it felts like Sparky just screamed out in pain,” Pipp says, clutching her fists near her heart. “I don’t want to lose him,” Pipp says as tears fill her eyes. Zipp looks down at Pipp in worry before wrapping her arms around Pipp and pulling her into a hug. Pipp wraps her arms around Zipp’s lower body as she lets out tears onto her sister’s chest.

“Let it all out,” Zipp says, rubbing Pipp’s back.

“It’s just,” Pipp says, swallowing a lump in her throat before finishing. “He’s all I have left of Hitch,”

“Sparky will be fine,” Zipp says as Pipp looks up at her. “If he’s neared anything from his dad, it’s never to give up,”

“I’ll agree on that,” Pipp smiles as she awkwardly laughs and sniffles.

“He’ll be a great guardian once he gets a bit older,” Zipp says as she and Pipp separate.

“He already is,” Pipp responds, looking down at the map with the purple Gamecube on it.


“That was a bit overkill,” Sparky says, coughing up blood as he stagers back up. “Don’t you think?” Sparky looks over at the user on the other end of the game. Frisket growls at the user while hiding behind Sparky’s legs. The user looks back with a glare as Sparky wipes the blood off his mouth. Sparky straightens up as his back cracks. A light glow envelops him, removing all cutes and bruises from his body.

“Final round!” The announcer yells out as Sparky gets ready for the last fight. The user immediately charges Sparky down. Sparky easily doges and hopes away. The user turns around as Sparky smiles.

“Too slow big guy!” Sparky taunts the user, causing him to get angry and charge at him like a bull. Sparky doges again before jumping up onto the user’s back and jumping off, pushing the user’s head into a pillar. Sparky lands on the ground as the user pulls his head out of the pillar in anger.

“Maybe they should rename this game to sad combat,” Sparky says, taunting the user again. The user charges at him and swings his sword. Sparky doges up and over the user. He lands on the ground before jumping toward the user with his hands ready to attack. The user whips around and slices Sparky’s stomach open. Sparky’s eyes widen as he is thrown back and into the ground. His head hits the wall as blood spills out of his body.

The user stomps over to him as Sparky struggles to move his legs at all. “Shit! I can’t feel my legs!” Sparky thinks as he watches Frisket try and slow down the user. The user flings Frisket across the room, knocking the dog unconscious.

“Glitch,” Sparky croaks out in pain. Blood spits out of his mouth as the user turns to face Sparky. “Emergency guardian code number two seven two,” Sparky says as the user towers over his limp body. The user leans down and grabs Sparky’s head with his hand. Glitch beeps as yellow lines run up Sparky and to his icon. The icon changes from its normal black and white to a dark blue with a yellow triangle extending out from the icon.

“I’m sorry Pipp,” Sparky says as tears form in his eyes. “I’ve failed you,” Sparky whispers as the user starts to crush Sparky’s head. He screams out in pain as his upper body convulses.


“The game, it’s ending!” The binom yells, looking down at Pipp at the map table.

“All right,” Pipp says, turning to the vid window next to her.

“Game over,” The announcer starts as Pipp talks.

“Get an ambulance and a squad down there to get Sparky out as fast as you c…” Pipp is stopped as her eyes widen in shock the moment she looks up at the big vid window.

“User wins,” The announcer finishes as the Gamecube disappears into the sky. The sector is now completely gone, only a hole left where it stood.

The vid window next to Pipp closes as tears form in her eyes. Her heart sinks down into her stomach as her hands shake. Her entire body fallowing suit as the tears fall down her face and on to the ground. “No,” Pipp whispers in disbelief. Zipp just stares up in wide-eyed shock at the remains of the sector. “No,” Pipp says a bit little louder. “NO!” Pipp yells out in pain as she slams her fist into the table. “Sparky!”

Silence falls over the room, all except Pipp’s crying of pain. Faintly echoing out from Megabyt’e tower is his bold cackling laugh as he watches the Gamecube disappear. “Goodbye boy!” Megabyte spits out the word boy in spite before laughing again.

Author's Note:

So a quick note. I've hit 50,000 words, which was the goal, but sadly it happened mid-chapter so you won't see it just yet. The reason is because I'm going on a break from the story. I love this story and will continue it, but I need a bit of a break from writing 1,660 words a day for a month straight. I hope to see you when I pick the story up again.

Your friend,
The Irish Brony

Comments ( 1 )

Nice. I've seen the episode before.

Login or register to comment