• Published 4th Nov 2022
  • 261 Views, 27 Comments

Reboot: New Generation - The Irish Brony



Hitch protectes the computer city of Mainframe. He gaurds against the viruses of Megabyte and Hexadecimal. What happenes when one day he is forced to hand down his guardian code to his son Sparky, so he can protect Mainframe.

  • ...
4
 27
 261

Racing The Clock

“And then I used Glitch to send Hack and Slash back to Megabyte,” Hitch explains as they walk into the diner.

“Those two have to have slow processors,” Pipp responds.

“I haven’t checked,” Hitch says before his head hits an open video window. “Ow,” Hitch says, rubbing his face before looking at the vid window. It’s a sign that points to the right and says this way. “What?”

“I think It’s your son's new business,” Pipp says as she looks at the other vid window blocking the way. Hitch turns to see Sparky sitting in a booth with a few vi windows up around him. Hitch and Pipp walk over to him.

“Sorry, wrong number,” Sparky sighs in defeat as he closes the side vid window.

“Hey there Sparky,” Hitch greats, causing Sparky to spark with joy.

“Hi Dad, Hi Pipp,” Sparky turns to them with a big smile.

“How’s the delivery business going?” Pipp asks, leaning against the booth.

“It’s going great!” Sparky yells in excitement before pulling up another vid window with graphs. “I’ve been going big, I’ve exploded onto the motherboard,”

“That’s great to hear,” Hitch says, patting Sparky on the shoulder. “We’ll be in the basement, the dinner has a tear I need to mend,”

“All right dad,” Sparky responds before the two walk away. “I’m talking about high density here!” Sparky yells after them. “I’ll be just as successful as you someday dad!” Sparky says, turning back around. His smile fades to a frown as he rests his head in his arms. “If I ever get an order,”


Sparky is half asleep with his head in his arms as the vid window rings. He lazily pushes the pick-up button. Megabyte on his chair pops up on the screen with Hack and Slash next to him.

“Sparky’s delivers services, anywhere, anyone, anytime,” Sparky says with no enthusiasm as he looks up at the vid window. His eyes widen before he shoots up and yells, “Megabyte!”

“Yes, this is Sparky’s delivery, right?” Megabyte asks.

“Yes, of course, Mr. Megabyte Sr,” Sparky responds, nodding frantically. He stops and holds his head as the world spins around him.

“I have a package for you to deliver to Hexadecimal,” Megabyte says as Hack picks up the package and sends it through the video window. He places it on the table before retracting his hand back.

“Wow,” Sparky says, picking up the box. “What is it?” he asks, looking up at Megabyte.

“You could call it a little surprise for my dear sister,” Megabyte says with an evil smile.

“Wow,” Sparky says with sparkles in his eyes. “Wait…” Sparkly looks down at the table. “Hitch isn’t going to like me delivering for you,”

“Then don’t tell her,” Megabyte responds. “Simple,”

“Oh, right, thanks,” Sparky responds before the vid window closes. Megabyte smiles and starts laughing.

“Once Hex gets that package, we won’t need to worry about her ever again,” Megabyte says with a big grin.

“Ya! Never again!” Hack says.

“Never!” Slash responds. Megabyte sighs before gently placing his face into the palm of his hand.


“I think I’ve got it,” Hich says as he looks down at Glitch. Two antenna-looking things point at a group of boxes in the corner. One of the boxes starts to glow before exploding into a tear. Hitch and Pipp cover their eyes from the bright light as Hitch raises Glitch up and points it at the tear. “Glitch! Mend!” he yells.

The orange rod picks up the gear part and points it at the tear as the gear gets a bit smaller. Yellow lasers start at the edges of the gear before converging in the center and shooting out at the tear. The tear shrinks down until it's completely gone. The two lower their hands as Hitch sighs. The two turn as they hear thumping coming from the stairs.

“Dad! Pipp! I did it!” Sparky yells as he runs up to them. “I mean, I did it,” Sparky corrects, calming down a bit as he looks between the two.

“Great work,” Hitch responds with a smile and a thumbs up.

“Ya, we’re proud of you,” Pipp responds.

“Well, I’m off to deliver the package to Hexadecimal,” Sparky says before running back up the stairs.

“I can’t believe it, he got a package,” Pipp responds.

“Ya, and to lost angles of all places,” Hitch responds before it strikes him and Pipp. “Hexadecimal!” The two yell before running after him.

Sparky slides out the door to the dinner as he throws down his zip board. It goes spinning as it unlatches and turns into two circles. He goes to step on it before being pulled back by Hitch. “Hey! What gives!” Sparky yells up at Hitch.

“Where did you say you were going with that package?” Hitch asks.

“Hex, why?” Sparky responds, shrugging.

“Who sent this package?” Pipp asks, crossing her arms.

“I don’t know, they just asked me to send it,” Sparky responds, quickly making up a cover story. “It’s a surprise,” Sparky whispers to them.

Hitch and Pipp look at each other before responding with, “It’s a bomb,”

“Let me have a look at it,” Hitch says. Sparky sighs before holding out the package. “Glitch, scanner,” Hitch says as the gear turns into a giant screen. He hovered the screen over the box, revealing a mask underneath.

“A mask?” Pipp asks.

“With a clock on it,” Hitch finishes as he notices the digital clock with the number 1010.

“See,” Sparky says, pulling the package away. “Not a bomb, now can I go now?” Sparky asks, looking between the two.

“I better deliver it,” Hitch responds as Glitch returns to normal. “Lost Angles is no place for a sprite like you,”

“But?!” Sparky tries to protest, but Pipp interrupts.

“No buts, now hand over the package and get back inside,” Sparky sighs as he hands over the package.

“I never get to have fun,” Sparky grumbles as he walks back in with Pipp. Hitch jumps onto the zip board before flying off to Lost Angles.


Hitch zips over the twisted bridge connecting the city of Mainframe with lost angles, a small, weirdly shaped little island with a big tower in the center. Sparky flies after him, far enough behind so Hitch doesn’t spot him.

“I never get to have fun,” Sparky grumbles as he watches Hitch go under an arch before being spit out, upside down, on the other side of the Island. He flips back up right before looking around.

“Why do I always get lost in Lost Angles?” Hitch asks as he flies down the remains of a city street.

“See!” Sparky says, gesturing to what just happened. “I never get to do that,” Sparky complains to himself before flying after Hitch.

Hitch turns a corner before being stopped by a group of nulls, little colorful worm-like creatures, start to swarm around him. He turns around and starts down the other street. The nulls follow him. Hitch’s eyes widened as he stopped in his tracks. A gain bomb lands in his way as the nulls start to pile around him.

“Shoe!” Hitch says, turning around, scaring the nulls a bit. “Go find someone else's energy to eat,” Hitch says before a giant hole in the ground opens and swallows him into it. He falls off his zip board as he slides down a pink slide. He screams in shock as he slides down the twisting and turning slide.

The nulls run away as Sparky flies over and looks down the hole. The hole starts to close, but he shoves his zip board to prevent that before jumping off and squatting down to the hole.

Hitch goes flying off the end of the slide and up into the air. He lands on the ground on his feet with a thud as his zip board lands on the other end of the platform he had landed on. He straightens up as he looks around the room.

“Ah, Hitch,” a nice, kind, and feminine voice says. “How nice to see you,” The voice says as a happy mask floats down behind Hitch.

“Hexadecimal,” Hitch says with a slight smile before turning around. The mask flashes white as an entire body forms around it. The figure was very curvy and feminine in form. She wears a red one-piece with a shredded red cape flowing behind her.

“What an unexpected visit,” She says, the mask on her face turning into an intrigued look as she places her hands on Hitch’s shoulders.

“I’ve got a package for you,” Hitch says, raising up the box. “Compliments from Sparky’s Delivery service,”

“A package?” Hex says as his mask turns to sarcastic surprise. “For me? Oh, what could it be?” Hex says before smashing the box into little pieces as she grabs the mask inside. “A mask, I’m afraid I already have one just like it,” Hex says, her face turning to sadness with a single tear under her eye as she looks over to the mask. “You’re gonna have to return it to Megabyte,”

“Megabyte sent it!” Hitch replies with shock. He slowly starts to back up as he shakes his head and raises his arms up in front of himself. “Sorry, I don’t do returns,”

“I insist!” Hex yells, her mask turning to anger as she grabs Hitch and shoves the mask onto his face. Hitch goes to take it off as Hex uses her magic to float Hitch into the air before pushing him out of her lair. Hitch screams as he is sent back up the slide he came from.

Sparky grabs his zip board out of the way right before Hitch comes flying out. Sparky watches as Hitch is sent flying back toward Mainframe. Sparky quickly puts the zip board back to keep the hole from closing up. He leans over the edge as Hex monologs to herself.

“Once Hitch gets to Megabyte, that bomb that was meant for me will delete him and my brother,” Hex says, laughing maniacally. “Oh, but how little fun it will be without Hitch,” Hex says, putting a finger to her lip. “Oh well,” She says as her mask turns into an evil grin.

“No, Dad!” Spark yells, grabbing his zip board, throwing it to the ground, and jumping on it before racing after Hitch. The hole closes up as Sparky flies away.


Pipp steps out of the dinner as Hitch, struggling to get the mask off, flies overhead. “That kind of looked like Hitch,” Pipp says, squinting to try and see better. Her ear twitches before turning towards Sparky, who flies towards her on his zip board. She has almost no time to react as Sparky jumps off the board and pushes Pipp to the ground.

“Pipp! It’s terrible! Hitch has the mask on his face, which is a bomb, that was sent by Megabyte. I should have been truthful from the start or none of this would have…” Pipp stops him by placing a finger on his lips.

“Let me get this straight,” Pipp starts. “The mask is a bomb,” Sparky nods. “Send my Megabyte to kill Hex,” Sparky nods again. “And now Hex sent Hitch to return it back, and if it goes off, they will both be deleted?” Pipp says as she removes her finger from his mouth.

“Pretty much, yes,” Sparky responds.

“Get off me and we'll go after him,” Pipp says. Sparky gets off of her before helping Pipp up. Pipp throws down her zip board as Sparky jumps on his. Pipp jumps on hers before the two flies after Hitch.

Hitch finally gets the mask off of his face before taking a deep breath in. “You can’t breathe in these things,” Hitch whispers to no one. He looks up to see he had almost made it to Megabytes. “Return a package to Megabyte? I don’t think so,” Hitch says before looking down at Glitch. “Glitch, helicopter,” Hitch says before pointing Glitch over his head. Glitch turns into a big propeller, causing Hitch to slow down to a stop.

“Good, he stopped,” Pipp says as the two start to catch up to Hitch. At that moment, the sky turns dark purple as the static electric sounds ring out. “No, not now,” Pipp says as a Gamecube starts to fall from the sky. The announcer yelled at incoming game. Hitch looks over at the Gamecube before steering himself towards the Gamecube.

“He’s steering towards the game!” Sparky yells.

“Of course he would,” Pipp says, rolling her eyes and sighing. Hitch makes it under the Gamecube as Sparky and Pipp get blocked out.

“Great, Dad is doomed,” Sparky says, looking at the purple Gamecube.

“Not yet,” Pipp says, grabbing Sparky by the wrist before pulling him off his zip board and diving down towards the ground on hers. Sparky screams out in panic as Pipp races the Gamecube to the ground. Pipp pulls into the Gamecube right before it lands on the ground.

“That was nuts!” Sparky yells at Pipp as she gently places him down on the ground. “You could have gotten us deleted, nullified, no coming back!” Sparky yells, flailing his arms around. “Can we do it again?” Sparky asks, his deminer doing a one-eighty as he smiles up at Pipp.

“Maybe some other time,” Pipp smiles down at Sparky. “We need to get to Hitch first,” She says as she looks around.


Hitch stands on a formula one track with a group of other binoms. Hitch looks around the game as he places the mask on his hip. “Formula one, good thing we know the formula,” Hitch says, looking at the binoms. They nod before rushing off to the starting lines on the ground. “Reboot,” Hitch yells before double tapping his icon. The green light envelops him, forming a car to his side and putting him in a formula one racer suit. The mask sitting on the front of his car.

The other binoms reboot as he steps into his car. The user’s car appears on the line next to Hitch’s. The car is painted like a shark. The car revs up as the starting light shows up in the front. Hitch turns on his car and revs it up while staring down the light. It turns yellow, before turning green.

Hitch hits the gas hard, causing him to spin out of control as the racers quickly overtake him. He finally gains traction as Pipp and Sparky run up to him. But it was too late, Hitch took off down the road, leaving the two in the dust.

“Hitch!” Pipp and Sparky yell after him to no avail.

“Great, he is racing against the clock,” Sparky says before rebooting into his car.

“And the clock is going to win,” Pipp responds before rebooting into her car. Pipp steps on the gas, causing her to race down the track after Hitch. Sparky does the same thing but he forgot to put the car into drive, which causes him to go backward. He stops and puts the car into drive before racing after Pipp.

“Wait for me!” Sparky yells after her.

The timer on the mask ticks over from 1010 to 1001 as Hitch starts to pass spirits. “Excuse me,” Hitch says, slipping past a few binoms. “Pardon me, just getting into first,” Hitch says as he pulls into first place. He smiles before flinching as the user rockets past him. “Or not,” Hitch says before pressing on the gas to try and catch up to the user.

On the back of the user’s car, two cylinders poke out before spilling oil out onto the track. Hitch's eyes widen in fear as he yells, “Oil slip!” Hitch does his best to keep steady but inevitably spins out. His car comes to a stop, facing toward the oncoming racers. Hitch screams as he covers his eyes. The racers do their best to avoid Hitch, but only one car clips Hitch’s car. Hitch sighs before looking at the last oncoming binom.

“I don’t think so,” Hitch says before quickly turning the car into recursion, cranking the steering wheel, and dodging the car while turning around at the same time. He stops and puts it into drive before taking off again. Pipp and Sparky follow up behind him. Hitch hits the button on the center of his wheel, causing his engine to rev up and for his front wheels to come off the ground as he speeds toward the rest of the racers. The clock on the mask ticked to 1000.

“How did he do that?” Pipp asks, looking over at Sparky.

“It’s the nitro!” Sparky yells over. “Hit the button on your steering wheel!” Sparky says, pointing at the button on his wheel. Pippa Nods before looking at her steering wheel and pressing the button. Her car rockets forward like Hitch’s did. Sparky follows Pipp by doing the same thing.

Pipp pulls up beside Hitch as all the cars turn into hover cars. “Hitch!” Pipp yells, getting Hitch’s attention.

“Pipp!?” Hitch yells back in confusion.

“Your car is a bomb!”

“You’re telling me! It only comes with one nitro!” Hitch yells back. The user hits a button on their dashboard, causing the road in front of Pipp to turn into a ramp.

“No! Your car is literally a!” Pipp tries to tell Hitch, but is cut off when she ramps off the ramp and flies into the air, crashing into a tree. Hitch shrugs before racing after the user. Sparky goes after Pipp, driving his hover car underneath the tree. Pipp jumps into the car. “Go, we don’t have much time now!” Pipp yells, pointing to Hitch. Sparky recurs on accident, causing Pipp to smash her head into the dashboard. She looks over at Sparky in anger.

“Sorry?” Sparky shrugs.

“Out,” Pipp says, pointing her thumb over her shoulder. Sparky gets out of the driver's seat and switches with Pipp. Pipp changes to drive before going back onto the track and after Hitch. The timer on the mask ticked down from 111 to 110.

Hitch pulls back up to second place as the user sends out land mins behind it. Hitch grits his teeth as he looks at the minefield. “Minefield!” Hitch yells out before drifting around and through the mines. Binoms hit the mines and go flying up into the air. Others just stop or turn off the track. Hitch makes it to the other end as Pipp and Sparky come up to it.

“Stop!” Sparky yells, gripping the dashboard.

“No time,” Pipp says back as she drifts around the minds. Sliding threw some and dodged the bottoms that sat on the ground. “See, no problem,” Pipp confidently says, looking down at Sparky.

“Cool,” Sparky responds before the two turn back towards the road. “Not cool!” Sparky yells right before the car hits a landmine. The two go flying up into the air in an explosion before landing back onto the ground. “Now what are we going to do!” Sparky yells in panic as the timer drops to 101. “We have no car and no way to stop dad!”

“I think I have an idea,” Pipp says, walking away. Sparky runs after her as the timer goes down to 100. Hitch flies past a circle, which causes his car to turn into a plane. He pulls up and levels with the user’s plane.

“Looks like you made it to the final lap,” Hitch compliments the user. “Let’s see how much farther you can get,” Hitch says as he races after the user. He slowly catches up to the user as they turn onto the final stretch of the race. The mask on the plane counts down to 11

“Do you think this will work?” Sparky asks, jumping into the passenger seat of a semi-truck.

“It has to,” Pipp responds as she buckles up. “Or else Hitch will get deleted,” Pipp responded before pulling the string down, blowing the horn of the truck. The binoms in front of them run out of their way before Pipp starts slowly driving forward. The counter going down to 10.

“I hope it gets his attention,” Sparky worries as Pipp drives the truck onto the track. She turns the steering wheel hard to the right before straightening out and heading straight for Hitch and the user. The user and Hitch speed towards the truck as the truck starts to pick up speed.

“Now!” Pipp yells, turning the wheel hard to the left as Sparky hits the disconnect button on the dash. The oil container the truck was holding goes flying off as the truck comes to a stop sideways. The oil container rolls down the road toward the two racers. Hitch’s eyes widen as the user pulls up. The clock ticks down to 1.

“Glitch! Eject!” Hitch yells at Glitch as Pipp and Sparky step out of the truck. Hitch’s plane hits the oil container as the timer hits 0 and explodes, causing the oil container to explode and delete the user. Sparky’s mouth drops as tears from his eyes. Pipp stares in disbelief as Sparky wraps his arms around Pipp’s waist and bars his head into her stomach.

“I’m so sorry Sparky,” Pipp says, wrapping her arms around the little dragon.

“Dad, he can’t be,” Sparky responds, looking up at Pipp. Tears roll down his cheek as Pipp gently places a hand on his cheek.

“I’m sorry Sparky, he’s…” Pipp is interrupted when Hitch lands on the ground screaming. Pipp looks down at Hitch, who lies in a crater his body created, in complete shock. “A live!” Pipp says with a big smile. Sparky smiles as Hitch stands up.

“Dad!” Sparky yells, running over to Hitch before wrapping his arms around Hitch’s waist.

“Wow, buddy,” Hitch responds, almost getting toppled over. “You ok?” Hitch asks, kneeling down to Sparky’s level.

“I am now,” Sparky says before wiping his tears away.

“We thought you were deleted,” Pipp responds, walking over to Hitch as he stands up.

“We might end up deleted,” Hitch says, pointing over his shoulder to where the oil container was. The group looks to see a pulsating blue orb sitting where the explosion had happened.

“What happened?” Pipp asks, turning to Hitch.

“It’s a data compression loop,” Hitch responds plainly.

“What?” Pipp responds back.

“It means,” Hitch says, turning slowly towards Pipp. “Run like you’ve never run before!” Hitch yells, causing Pipp and Sparky to flinch. Hitch grabs Sparky’s arm before taking off back down the track. Pipp follows after him as the blue orb starts to suck the skybox into it.

“What’s happening!” Pipp asks, her heart thumping in her ears as they make it off the track. The wind rushing past them starts to make it harder to run.

“Two explosions at the same time caused them to compress each other,” Hitch explains.

“Meaning it’s an infit compression due to both putting pressures on each other!?” Sparky asks, looking up at Hitch.

“And you said school was useless,” Hitch responds, looking down at Sparky with a proud smile on his face. Hitch turns back to Pipp before saying, “If we can get to the edge of the game, the game will fold in around us and let us leave without being deleted,” Hitch says as the wind makes it almost impossible to keep walking.

“It looks like the wall is coming to us,” Pipp points out as the wall starts moving towards us.

“Just hold on,” Hitch says as he braces himself against a tree, holding onto Sparky with one arm while Pipp holds onto Hitch’s other side. The walls move towards them before taking them over and placing them on top of a building. The group turns around and watches as the Gamecube slowly assembles into a small, pulsing purple ball.

“Glitch,” Hitch says, looking down at his key tool. “Zip,” Hitch says before pointing Glitch at the purple ball. Glitch shoots off its gear, causing it to land on the purple ball. The ball is then surrounded by a tan skin before slowly shrinking into nothing. The gear returns back to Hitch and lands back on Glitch.

“What did you do?” Sparky asks, looking up at Hitch.

“Zipped it into a zip file and sent it to the principal office for deletion,” Hitch explains. “So does anyone mind telling me how a second explosion happened when my plane crashed?” Hitch asks, looking between the two.

“Sparky can explain it,” Pipp says, crossing her arms over her chest before looking down at Sparky. Hitch turns to Sparky, who was looking down at the ground with his hands behind his back. He kicks at the ground as Hitch sighs.

“Was the mask a bomb?” Hitch asks, kneeling down to Sparky.

“I didn't know it was until I overheard Hex talking about it,”

“You followed me!?” Hitch asks.

“That’s what you're worried about?” Pipp asks, staring down at Hitch with a raised eyebrow.

“Sorry,” Hitch responds before turning to Sparky. “Look, Sparky,” Hitch says, gently placing his hand underneath SParky’s chin and pulling his head to look at him. “You shouldn’t try and compile up too quickly. You have so much time to find out your function. Just let it happen, and let the professionals deal with Hex and Megabyte, all right?”

“All right,” Sparky responds, nodding in agreement.

“Good,” Hitch says, standing up. “Now let’s go to the dinner, I’m low on energy,”

“I call window seats!” Sparky says, running toward the edge of the building.

“Where are you going!?” Pipp yells after him as she throws down her zip board. Sparky stops and turns around to look at them. “You don’t have a way to get to the dinner,” Pipp says as Hitch sends Glitch to fetch his zip board.

“Oh, right!” Sparky says, before running up to Pipp. Pipp jumps onto the zip board first before making room for Sparky. He jumps on as Pipp wraps her arms around his body.

“You two get going, I’ll meet you there!” Hitch says.

“All right,” Pipp says before flying off with Sparky toward the dinner. Sparky waves at Hitch as Hitch waves back.

“That stupid sprite!” Megabyte yells, slamming his fist into his chair as he watches Sparky fly away. “Good thing I got Hack and Slash to deliver a new package,” Megabyte says as the elevator door behind him opens. He turns around in his chair to see Hack and Slash holding a bomb between them.

“She said,” Hack starts.

“She,” Slash says.

“Let me talk!” Hack yells at Slash as Megabyte starts to get angry.

“Oh, sorry,” Slash responds back.

“She said she already had one,” Hack finishes. The bomb goes off, causing the top of the tower to fly off as Megabyte’s anger tops out.

“HACK! SLASH!” He yells out in anger.

Author's Note:

Now, this was the length of the chapter I thought the last chapter was going to be. I hope you liked this chapter because it starts to get better from here. Well, that's the plan at least.