• Published 20th Sep 2012
  • 1,015 Views, 15 Comments

My Name is Secret Lore. - rphb



Secret Lore has always dreamed of being able to fly, and ever since he saw Twilights magic explosion

  • ...
 15
 1,015

And I am just an Earthpony

My Name is Secret Lore, I have been studying magic all my entire life, and I am an Earth Pony. I am not the only Earth Pony in Canterlot, far from it, but Earthponies most are merchants; from high society new rich entrepreneurs like Filthy Rich to the multiple of “lowly” traders that mans most booths in the city’s multiple markets.

My mother was one of these lowly traders, selling chestnuts that she had imported from my uncles farm down in the valley. She had a leafy green coat like my own, and a big brown tangled mane that bounced in the win and always seemed to cover her eyes. Big pink eyes, filled with love and laughter.

Her cutie mark was three chestnuts. She never made a lot of money but she always had a big smile on her face, she was always so warm, so loving, I think that she was the only one that ever truly understood me.

At least, she understood me better than any other pony. But still, she didn’t have to listen to the racial slur; she wasn’t exposed to it as I was. She was an earth pony doing what earth ponies are supposed to do, whereas I went to collage like a unicorn.
She always believed I could be whatever I wanted to be, and always had time to listen, but she was happy just being a chestnut sales mare.

My father is different. He is a practically minded grey coated stallion, with no room for touchy feelings and dreams. “ You should just get your hoof to work and stop fantasizing about magic and all that other baloney ” he always says. And to add insult to injury, even the day after her funeral he went back to work: “ It doesn’t help anything to sit around and mope. I need to put food on the table and I don’t see you doing anything useful ”. It properly should be mentioned that my father works in construction, a mason to be precise. He is actually quite good at what he does. No pony can handle white marble quite like he can, and considering that we live in Canterlot, a city made almost entirely of that stuff, he’s always in high demand.

I have been living since I moved out from my parents, and have travelling the world from Zebrango to the Griffon Empire, studying every aspect of magic, and its crystallised substance alicorn.

I was on one of my research trip when I heard the news that mother had passed away. He hadn’t even told me she had fallen ill. But from what I heard afterwards it had happened quite suddenly. She had collapsed in the middle of the street while selling her nuts. She had been rushed to the hospital immediately but there was nothing they could do, she died later that night. I didn’t even have time to say goodbye.

A week later and I was still in mourning.
I was walking down the street thinking about the lullaby my mother used to sing to me when I was little. I didn’t notice where I was going, and then I accidentally walked into some pony. I was about mumble an apology when I looked up and saw straight into the face of none other then Twilight Sparkle.

“Are you alright?” she said to me. I a lowly earth pony was being talked to be the bearer of the element of magic, most magical of all unicorns, hero of Equestria and the personal protégé of Princess Celestia. I did what every sane stallion in my position would do.

“Meep” I yelled, and galloped away. Okay so I didn’t do what every sane stallion would do, I did what every loser-geek would do, if they got face to face with their idol. I had been secretly in love with Twilight for years. Ever since she had that magical mishap when I was a teenager and that rainbow filled the sky, I had been secretly following her life from a distance. She truly was an awesome pony, she had stood up to gods and the embodiment of chaos itself, I can’t even stand up to my father.

When I had found a safe spot among the crowd that had formed, I dared looking again. Apparently Twilight Sparkle hadn’t just been casually walking the streets of Canterlot; she had been part of some sort of parade, which I had almost interrupted by my jaywalking. Twilight was still looking over the crowd for a couple of seconds more trying to spot me, then just shook her head and continued on her way.

I was still curious about what this parade was about, so I snuck along to where it was going. If there was one thing I was good at it was not to be noticed, just ask my father. As I squeezed my way though the crowd I noticed the other famous bearers.
Okay they tried very hard not to be famous but it was very difficult considering all the amazing things they had done, especially for some pony like me, but it wasn’t them that the crowd had come to see. For the average pony that hadn’t spent a lot of time studying them, they were still fairly unknown.

No what the crowd had come to see was one that I knew and had known for quite some time, Rainbow Dash. Okay when I say “knew” I don’t mean things like Rainbow and me know each other, I mean more like I know of her. I could never know-know some pony as awesome as her. She had been my second secret crush ever since I read about her sonic rain boom. I mean to fly that fast, or just to be able to fly at all is just amazing. Still, I didn’t get why the crowd was so enthralled with her, at least I wasn’t until I saw the horn. My favourite Pegasus mare had grown a horn.

It took me about a dozen inquiring questions from annoying passers-by before I had pierced the story together. Apparently Rainbow Dash was the illegitimate daughter of princess Celestia. And because she was born without a horn, she had her child adopted. When she had finally grown her horn Celestia had taken her into the palace and now she was apparently ready to show her daughter to the public, why she wasn’t there herself was any ponies guess.

I looked up and saw Rainbow standing on her carriage and waving. She wasn’t waving to me exactly; she was more like waving in my direction. She looked absolutely radiant with her chromatic mane and her laurel crown. The town criers anonced her to be “Aurora - Princess of the sky” Not once did they mention her real name, strange how many ponies that seemed to gossip about it anyway.

She looked a little nervous, but who wouldn’t be if you had that many ponies staring at you. I wasn’t any better. I couldn’t stop staring either. However unlike the others I stared at her horn.

I never thought it was possibly to grow a horn; sure I had fantasized about it since I was little, but I never knew that it was actually possible. Still I was pretty sure I was not an illegitimate child of Princess Celestia, and I didn’t even want to entertain the thought that I wasn’t related to my mom. I had just come from her funeral, when my thoughts of grief, had been interrupted by this parade, her parade.

Rainbow Dash is an alicorn! Mother is dead! I didn’t know how to feel. In the end melancholy won. Even the first thing was depressing when you thought about it. Rainbow Dash had been inappreciable before, now she was a princess. I didn’t even have the strength to fantasize about her anymore.

I was too tired now. I just wanted to go home and go to sleep.

***

It was a beautifully sunny day Cloudsdale. It had been a long day clearing the sky but now there wasn’t a cloud in sight and I was free to fly home to my wonderful wife. I was lazily floating on an upward drift while enjoying the lovely weather I had created and dreaming of the blueberry pie my dutiful wife would be baking. Landing on our front porch, I went inside.

“Honey I’m home” I said, as I opened the door, I could hear my darling Rainbow humming in the kitchen. Hearing my voice she came out to great me.

“Who are you?” she said, looking at me as if I was a stranger.

“Honey it is m-me, yo-your husband” I stammered without much conviction.

“I don’t have a husband, I’m a princess, and even if I did, it wouldn’t be some wingless loser like you” As she said that she parted her bangs revealing a long beautiful horn, crackling showing a soft azure blue lightning, her bolt struck the floor under me.
I stared at the hole for a moment, until I realized that earth ponies can’t walk on clouds. As soon as that thought struck me I dropped though the floor and started falling.
If before it had been an easy glide, right now I was plummeting through the sky like a hunk of lead. Faster and faster I dropped, and as I fell the colour and the light of my surroundings seemed to disappear until I was left alone in and endless void.

“You know she will never love you” a sinister booming voice told me from the darkness.

At that I became lucid. “Nightmare” I hissed, trying to spot its malevolent eyes.

“You can’t escape your fate”, the Nightmare said. “You were born an earth pony and you will die an earth pony” mockingly quoting my father.

“No” I screamed “there must be a way”

“There is a way” it said “My way, join me, and I can give you the wings and horn you desire.”

“In return for my soul, I would rather die”

“But you won’t die, Secret. To die for a noble course, that is too good for you. No you will live; you will live a long and pointless life, in obscurity and misery. You will be forever alone.”

***

I woke up in my bed covered in sweet, but the Nightmares last words seem to echo in my head. “Forever Alone” I had never had a marefriend. Every time I meet a filly I just yelled “meep” and ran away. I wasn’t good enough, and I would never be good enough.

I managed to free myself from the sweaty sheets and jumped out of bed. I fumbled with a hoof in the nighttable until I found my glasses. Putting them on, I looked at my cutiemark. Three intervened rings, symbolising the three races, the three types of alicorn, how they all hang together, and yet none of them were connected to each other.

Alicorn
I found it ridicules how few ponies actually knew what that meant, what it was.
Most ponies thought it was simply the name of the unicorns horns, some even thought that it was a term to describe our immortal rulers, few knew that it was an actually a substance of solidified magic.

I looked over the herd of papers that filled my desk table; my life work, my thesis on alicorn, my REJECTED thesis of alicorn. It didn’t matter that the university fired me, that they didn’t believe my hypothesis that the three types of alicorn that was the basis for earthponies, pegasi and unicorns were only specialised impoverished version of a general pure kind of alicorn that held anything.

Conventional lore was that they couldn’t be crossed, and that Celestia was a god, fundamentally different from ponies and not merely a paragon of what every pony could be if we could only unlock the secrets of alicorn.

They had the audacity to call me a madhorse, which was still more flattering then what my collages called me, that hadn’t even bothered to read my thesis.
I knew that I had to study our so called god-princesses, but as I couldn’t study Celestia or her newly returned sister directly, I decided to go to the Everfree Forest, to study the remnants of Nightmare Moon.

I completely missed the Discord incursion. That old god would have been so interesting to study, but the fact that his strange magic couldn’t affect the forest, became an interesting subject itself which I learned a lot from.

My thoughts, where are my thoughts? Why do they always fly of in a tangent? I needed to focus, I had found out something most interesting today.

Their secrets lie in their blood

“Shot up” I said to the imaginary voice, instantly hating it, but actually it was a good idea. I knew that it shouldn’t be trusted, that I should just ignore it, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. I had to examine their blood, I had to find a way to obtain it. I was blood that had given me the knowledge I now had about alicorn, a fact that I had to hide from my professors in fear of being called a blood mage, if they could acknowledge that an earthpony could be a mage that is. Still I couldn’t take the chance; they knew that I had studied zebra alchemy and mysticism. Blood magic is strongly prohibited, and without any reference to my blood studies, my entire thesis looked like pure speculation.

Still, even if I was correct that Celestia and her fellow “alicorns” were not gods, they were still princesses, unimaginably difficult to get close enough to, and impossible to subdue long enough for me to get a sample.

I admit I had my doubt about my convictions, until today, when I saw Rainbow Dash, or should I say “Princess Aurora” I was still not completely convinced that I was right. Now I believed completely. Rainbow Dash had grown a horn, and Cadance had seemingly come out from nowhere, both clearly alicorns, and both clearly not gods.

With resolve I started packing my saddle bag, whit everything I would need. Various glass vials and syringes; the book of magic rituals from Zebrango, and the bag of “special powder” I had collected from a unicorn graveyard. Anything for science.

“Wait what am I doing? I can’t go on now in the middle of the night, this is crazy?”

More crazy then sitting around doing nothing, your special talent goes to waste?

“Well I can always go back to the ruins in the Everfree”

You have exhausted that link; you know this is the next logical step, unless you want to go work for your father ”.
There was a slight mockery in the last part, more so then usual that is; but its words were not lost on me. Getting bricks for my father and hearing him tell me how worthless I am is not my idea of a dream job. All he ever wanted was for me to follow in his hoof steps, and me getting to college and studying magic has always been something he had considered a waste of time, him along with every pony else.

Upstart unicorns with their oh so impressive innate magic. “What’s an earth pony doing in Canterlot community college for magic, it is only for magical unicorns like us” they always said.

If any of them had been any good they would have gone to Canterlot Academy or even Celestia’s school for Gifted Unicorns. Going to that third grade school spoke volume of their own incompetence, but for an earth pony this was still a school that was “too good for me” or at least that’s what the other students thought. Even here, at this school that should be for every pony, I was a pariah.

“Right” I said shivering at the memory, if I gave up now I would just prove all of these ponies right. I had to do this. Thankfully, thanks to me new “friend” I knew of a cave system where I could prepare a ritual undisturbed, and undetected.

***

Dear Twilight Sparkle, if you ever want to see your friend Fluttershy again, go to the marked location on map, in the caves beneath Canterlot. Come alone at tonight at eight. If you tell any pony about this Fluttershy dies .

Twilight put the mysterious scroll she had been reading down and looked at her five friends and her assistant Spike. Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie had come to Canterlot to visit her and Rainbow to witness her official coronation.

Spike was there too of course. Going from being the librarian of Ponyville to being the personal instructor of magic to “her Royal Highness Princess Aurora, Steward of the Sky and the Wind” (Rainbow Dash among friends) didn’t change the fact that she needed her number one assistant at her side. It was a needlessly fancy title, but Princess Celestia had insisted on her using it, saying that the pomp was necessary for her to be accepted by the court.

Rainbow Dash might be able to control the wins one day, but at present she had difficulty performing even simple unicorn spells. After a mouth of intense studying (as intense as it could be with Rainbow Dash anyway) she had finally gotten a rudimentary understanding of how to levitate objects and perform simple spells like “illuminate”.
She was just showing her friends her new level of control by balancing a heap of deserts from a tray that the royal baker had brought to them to enjoy. It was at that moment right when she had the pastry floating around her friends that Spike burped out the letter, destroying her concentration, sending all the baked goods flying to the win.

“Yum” the pink pony said, managing in some physic depriving way to lick her entire body clean of sweets in less than a second.

“Oh my” the meek cream coloured pony, having been mostly out of the way from the flying backed goods and also very much not kidnapped.

“Wow Twi, is that some weird letter you got there, why do you read it says?”

“I says that punk my royal ass and give him a bucking that will send him flying into next Tuesday”.

“Rainbow darling, that is not the way a proper princess should speak.” Rarity said, with the princess rolling her eyes. Turning to Twilight she continued: ”Perhaps you should just ignore this dear, crawling around these caves can be ever so dreadful”

“I think I should do what it says”

“What” all six said at the same time.

“Twi you can’t be serious, we should just…”

“We don’t know what this is about.” Twilight replied “This might be a joke, or it might be that somepony have actually been trapped down there, or the one that sent the letter might have kidnapped somepony that he thought was Fluttershy. Would you risk some pony’s life over this?” She sighed.
“Besides, this is obviously done by an amateur, even if it is a prank, the prankster would have made certain that Fluttershy wasn’t with us when we got the letter. Trust me, I won’t have any problem dealing with this myself.”

***

“Hello? Any pony there?” Twilight said, as she was walking into the cave at eight thirty. She had only been to these caverns once before, and the circumstances really didn’t allow her to explore. Futhermore the instructions she had gotten was hardly what you would call precise. Luckily she did manage to find the secret entrance at the end. Apparently the entrance to this part of the crystal caverns was on a narrow passage the Cantafall.

The “fifty steps to the south of the great oak” would have taken her right over the edge of the mountain. Following the “secret” trail of glitter, was less than a problem, as some pony didn’t understand moderation. She was very careful not to get any of that on her, remembering all too well what had happened when she and her friends had run over the patch with Poison Joke.

She was here now, not covered in the glitter, but still wet and very irritated. Twilight was now definetely not in the mood for any prank.

That’s when she heard it, the most unfluttershyish-high-pitch-stallion-trying-to-sound-like-a-mare-scream she had ever heard.
“Oh Twilight is that you, I am over here help me” an over dramatized voice said, while waving a pink wig, that was not only the wrong shade but also the wrong shape. It reminded her of the Cutie Mark Crusaders take on being designers, except their design actually came out better. She might even have laughed of the sheer patheticness of it all if the circumstances had been different.

Clearing her voice she spoke loudly to the pony on the elevation.
“I know this is not Fluttershy, and I am really not in the mood for these charades so just come out here and tell me what you want?”

Things were quiet for a moment, and then she heard an evil laughter which also obviously had been reversed. Out from behind a rock came a masked stallion with a black hat and a cape, so you couldn’t see if he was a Unicorn or a Pegasus.

***

“Twilight Sparkle, you have fallen victim for my trap, now you are in my power.” With that I threw a small leather bag from my pouch to the floor. It exploded on impact which immediately activated the intricate blue rune that I had used the entire day to prepare from my Zebrango book.

I looked with satisfaction at the trapped unicorn at the centre, only to realize, that she wasn’t there.

“What the buck?” I said, and then I felt a small push on my back. A moment later I was tumbling down the elevation, right into my own rune. Thinking fast, I found small red bag in my punch and threw it at the floor before I could get paralyzed. I smiled with some satisfaction as I watched the rune glow out, then found myself face to face with an annoyed and very magically potent unicorn mare. Still, she looked kind of hot.

“What. Do. You. Want.”

“Ehh, meep” She glared at me evilly.

Maybe you should take my offer

“No” I yelled.

Then run home to your father, because she is never going to help you .

“I can’t do that, I’ll tell her then.”

“Twilight I…” I turned my attention to her, and saw that she was now staring at me like I was a lunatic, which considering the presence of Nightmare in my head, might not be entirely inaccurate. Talking a deep breath I just came out with it.

“Twilight Sparkle I need blood”

“What?”

“I need you to bring me a sample of blood from the four alicorn princesses”

“Why?”

“For science”

“Oh that makes it sound so much better. So some wacky lunatic in a cave wants me to bleed my best friends, and the most powerful beings in Equestria, to use for some crazy ritual. Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t just turn you in right now?”

“I-I”

“You know what, just forget it, I should have just listened to Rarity. I came down here because I thought that that letter might have been some pony’s idea of a bad prank or indicate a threat I was not aware of, but now I see I just wasted my time. I am sure you can find your own way out.” And just like that she turned around to leave.

My heart sank. There were lots of things I had thought might have resulted from this encounter. I had thought that if my carefully laid plan might backfire, but I had imagined that I ad minimum would have been arrested, and charged as a criminal. But she just abandomed me like I was a loser, like I was not even worth to prosecute. Didn’t I get any points for having the courage to actually telling her what I wanted?

As pathetic as it sounds, I didn’t actually mind that much when the spirit possessed me when I was out in these ruins. At least it gave me somepony to talk to, even if I knew that all it really wanted was to take my body and devour my soul. That’s at least what I had figured that the nightmare would do. It called itself a symbiot, but I don’t think I would be able to do much more then look on from the back seat if I allowed it into my heart.
Still, if I couldn’t get anywhere on my own, then perhaps…

I hardly felled the presence inside of steering, and before I knew it, its black aura had almost enveloped me. Twilight knew what it was, I saw her turning around just as she was about to exit the cave. I saw her staring at me with interest, no with horror, I could inspire horror.

Renewed by the attention, I became aware of how close the black ooze was starting to cling to my body. It whispered of power, magic and flight; but the price was one that I knew all to well, one that I wouldn’t pay, not yet anyway. Summoning all my willpower I banished the Nightmare back into the crevice of my soul where it had been hiding.

“Not tonight” I whispered, if I had even the smallest of hope, then not tonight.

Twilight came back to me and looked at be with eyes much different from before. As she looked at me I realised I was naked, the ooze hat totally disintegrated my disguise, so much for secrecy.

“What, what was that?” the purple unicorn said with fright in her voice. Fright! I could inspire fear in Celestia’s personal protégé. I couldn’t help but smile a little.

“That, dear Twilight is my last resort, in case you wouldn’t listen”.

“Nightmare Moon?”

“No not exactly, as far as I understand, and from what little it has been willing to share with me, it’s a spirit of a kind, it calls itself a symbiote. It’s extremely powerful, but it can’t do anything without a willing host, however the host only needs to give his consensus once.”

“You have that thing inside of you, where did it come from how long have it been there?”

“I think I found it where you left it, in the ruined castle in the midst of the Everfree Forest. And for how long it has been here, a couple of months. It can be a little bothersome at times, but it is nice as a deterrent.”

“Deterrent, you have this monster inside of you, and are willing to let it lose, are you inside, it will bring about nighttime eternal”

“First, I am not insane; at least I don’t think I am.
Second, I think I have figured it out and I don’t think eternal night is its agenda per say, its more like twisting the interest of its host and coursing as much suffering as possible.
And third I am willing to let it lose only if I am left with no other option. Despite what you may think I am not that weak minded.” I took a pause for dramatic effect.

“So are you willing to listen to my demands?”

“Let me guess, you want to be king of Equestria” Twilight said her voice dripping with sarcasm.

I laughed mirthfully, “Ah no nothing quite that glamorous. No I just wants what every pony wants, to use my special talent.”

“You special talent” she tilted her head.

“My cutiemark” I indicated my flak, and the three golden rings that graced it. In a way it is a lot like yours. Your talent is magic, my talent is alicorn. It’s a wonderful word with so many meanings. It’s a substance, its an object and it is a kind of being. Ever since I was a small foal I wanted to fly. I studied Pegasus ability to fly in more detail than most pegasi alive are aware of themselves. Without the alicorn in their wings they would never have been able to leave the ground. Your unicorns are even more fascinating, you have a whole organ bearing the name, an organ that you can use to manipulate the magic directly. You know, ever since you had that mishap when you were a filly, you know the one where you made the dragon grow, I have been watching you. I was just passing by that day, when I saw the dragon. You made a mess so spectacular that Princess Celestia herself had to intervene.
I was so impressed with the display that I stayed at the place for hours, just trying to catch a glimpse of the pony that had shown such power. I fell in love with yu… unicorns that day.
After that day I often found myself near that school, just looking at it to imagine how it must be like to be powerful, magical, and respected.
I found my calling eventually, and that is to know all I can about alicorn. Until recently I believed that alicorn was limited, that it had to be in one of three forms, that they could not be mixed. My heart always told me these things were wrong, but until I saw your friend Rainbow Dash yesterday I was never certain that I was wrong.
Now I know, alicorns aren’t just gods made flesh, they are potential, and that potential is in their blood. Once I have unlocked its secrets anypony can be an alicorn. That is why I need their blood Twilight, to sample, to test.”

I looked pleased with myself. It took Twilight a moment to realise that my monologue was over.
“Then why did you write to me, why not Princess Aurora or Princess Celestia herself”

“Princess Aurora, if you want to call her that, is way to brash, she would properly do something imprudent. And for Princess Celestia, she would never agree to come to a meeting like this, unless I had her favourite pupil captured.” I gave her an evil smile.

“Alas, that is not the case, and even if it was I would prefer that she sent a less powerful guard with the merchandise, she kind of makes me uncomfortable.
But to capture you was just one reason why I wanted you to come, I knew that if that failed, you would still be the best pony there is to get the job done.”

There was a long awkward silence. I stared at her, and she stared right back. Finally I broke it, by saying “Ask me why”

“Why” she said rolling her eyes.

“I am so glad you asked. You see you are the teacher of Rainbow Dash, the student of Celestia, the sister-in-law to Cadance and the closest thing Luna has to a mortal friend.”

“So you just want me to get a sample of their blood?”

“As I’ve already toll you, several times in fact, I heard that you were a smart pony.” I retrieved a pouch from my saddle bag that I had hidden under a piller and gave it to her.

“In this bag are four labelled syringes. Just fill them up with their blood and come back to me. They don’t even have to know you took it, you can do it while they are sleeping, I just need to know whose blood is which”.

“And what about Nightmare?”

“It is going to stay right here” I took a hoof to my head.

“I think 24 hours should be enough for you to get the samples. Tomorrow night at eight a clock we meet here. You will give me the blood, I will take my leave and then you won’t see either of us ever again.”

Twilight nodded absentmindedly then started leaving the cave again with my punch in her mouth, this time with much less conviction.

I smiled as she rounded the corner and was out of sight; things were finally going my way. Tomorrow night I would have the samples, and my studies to unlock the alicorn’s secret could really begin.

***

I spend most of the next day packing. Once I had the samples I would need a place a little more discreet to study them. I remembered fondly my stay in the griffon empire. They were a little more stiff then most ponies, and their rules needed to be upheld to the letter, but they were a lot nicer once you get to know them, they didn’t shun you for being an earth pony they just shunned you for being a pony. I was like a complete foreigner there, instead of merely being a fish that had wandered off to the wrong pond.

After having packed all the things I would need for my trip I went to the train station, bought a third class ticket to Manehatten. I then rented a box for my luggage. The train would leave at 10 and arrive at 11; I would have to share my compartment with six strangers that would no doubt snore with nothing but a curtain separating us. Yea me! Well at least I would be going somewhere. Then I would have to get to the harbor and find a bout that would take me to the griffon empire on the other side of the sea. The lack of transport and trade between Equestria and the Griffon Empire and the general hostility between the two dominate races made even job that could be trivial seem like such an exiting adventure. It had taken me two mouths and a dozen stops to complete the journey last time.

Oh the fun I would have, but once I finally had these four samples I would be able to unlock the mysteries of alicorn, my life mission would be complete. Then I could cure every pony of their curtailments and mortality. No more earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns, no more discriminations and inequality, just one race of superior beings that would all be equal.

I was so lost in thoughts of how wonderful this new Equestria would be that I hardly paid attention to where I was until I reached the cave. Curious I saw that Twilight had already arrived. She still looked a little wet; I still think it was funny that I made her take the waterfall entrance.

“Ah, Twilight Sparkle” I said gaily “I see you’re early, then we can get this business over with quickly, I have a train to catch and so much to do.”

“A reckon you do at that” the empty air next to Twilight said. I took a step back suddenly afraid, but it was too late. Before I knew it all of her mighty friends appeared around her, even Rainbow Dash, the newly crowned Princess of the Sky. If I hadn’t been staring so long at the princess I might have noticed the pretty necklaces she and her friends wore. Well all of them, except Twilight that had some weird spiky crown thingy.
Rainbow Dash was so beautiful; she even seemed to be glowing. No wait she was glowing, they all were, and there was a rainbow. The dark voice inside my head screamed in desperation, but it was too late. I had been too stubborn, too afraid of what I could lose, to properly consider what I might have gained.

At that moment the Rainbow hit me, and I felt the dark essence pour out of me and into a container that Luna, had placed in the floor. Princess Luna was here! Manly fan squeal. She was so hot, even as she looked at me with burning eyes.

I had almost lost consciousness, when the rainbow ended, almost.

“Is it gone?” I heard a voice said

“Yes, the nightmare cannot escape this spirit jar, it cannot posses anypony else.”

“Oh oh, you know what this calls for?” Another voice said “A party.” Suddenly I felt a piece of confetti fell on me, and I smelled cake frosting, where none had been before. I don’t know what was going on, I couldn’t see, but I didn’t feel like partying. Even when I started to regain by ability to move and I was dragged along the floor, I did nothing.
Limb as a rag doll two guards throw me in a dungeon. I had been to almost every town in Equestria, I had been to Zebrango and the Griffen Empire, but I had never seen the inside of Princess Celestia’s dungeon before.
It wasn’t exactly the best of days, but now I would at least get some peace and quit. I knew Celestia wouldn’t want to stave her prisoners, the bed was actually quite comfortable, and the cell was almost larger then my old room.

Feeling oh so tired, I decided to just go to bed, at least there weren’t anypony where to tell me that…

***

“You’re a loser” and angry voice said waking me up. In front of the cell stood a tall grey stallion that I unfortunately knew all too well.

“Dad?” I managed to say

“What is that I hear about you trying to steal from the royal mines? Trespassing, blackmail where have I gone wrong?”

“But I”

“You just be lucky that the princess is so lenient, she released you into my custody, said that as long as I kept an eye on you, you were free to go. So starting today you are going to help me and do something useful with your hoofs for once. No more of these stupid books and travels, from now on you work for me.”

“Noooo” I screamed, then the world grow dark as he head-butted me and like the sissy I was I just fainted.

The End.








Authors note. This story makes small references to Aldea Donder’s Alicorn and Fairy Slayer’s Mommy Nearest. I strongly recommend both if you want to read something that have to do with Rainbow Dash being an alicorn. This story is not about Rainbow or any other awesome character, it is about the opposite the most non awesome character you can think of: Secret Lore

Comments ( 15 )

The story has a fine plot line and definitely deserves more than just my thumbs up, but there were a good amount of grammatical errors in the writing and the end just did not finish it for me. If you write more of this I would be happy to edit it the best I can.

1309193
If you would like be free to send me a proffread version of the story to my email (you can see it on my user page)

Also what do you think was missing from the ending?

The ending just makes me to curious about what happens to Secret Lore after he is "released" to his fathers custody. I will try to proofread it though. BE prepared to laugh at my attempt.

1309267

Well I thought I had made it obvious that his father needed somepony to carry bricks and that Secret hated that. In fact he hates all manual labour, he is a scholar. And the idea was that this was a worse fate then merely being locked up.

If you don't want to write a sequel, don't let me pressure you into it, but his cutie mark is researching alicorns, yet he never got past thinking and one failed attempt. That doesn't seem cutie mark worthy, that seems like it was just a small thing to fill time one day.

1309328
No his cutiemark is researching alicorn.
Alicorn is a word of many meanings. It can mean a winged unicorn, but it primarily refers to the HORN of a unicorn and the SUBSTANCE it is made of. link
Basically alicorn is crystallised magic, and he has used his entire life studying it. He just thought, (and I really thought that I had already written this quite explicitly in the story), that the only way to move his research forward was to examine the most magically pure beings in equestria, the winged unicorn princesses that also occasionally are called "alicorn".

His dream of unlocking its secrets is to make every pony an alicorn so there won't be any more discrimination and inequality. Of course no pony understands.

Sorry, I did not know about the alicorn bit, and I apologize for that, but cutie marks have been shown in the show to be something that the pony does his/her entire life, but if he is forced to work with stone the entire day, then he wont have time to research alicorn or anything else because he will be too tired, or not have enough time.

1309438

Exactly that's what makes it such a cruel an unusual punishment. But didn't I already made that clear in the story, with him having gone to the Everfree Forest and all these other places.

But anyway, I did this story must of all to get it off my back. If you haven't guessed it yet, this is actually a self insert character story. My name actually means "Secret Lore" if you translate it to English.

Wait. Is his cutie mark Led Zeppelin's drummer John Bonham's special symbol? That's kinda cool.

1530761
If that is so, it is merely a coincidence, Secret have no music sense and wish he could dance half as good as Twilight

1533161
I am glad you like my story, not many people do, and I think that if this rocker do have such a tattoo it is because he subscribe to the same ideals that Secret Lore do. But trust me Secret do not rock.

Anyway, I am working on making Princess Rainbow finished and I have for a while but I was struck by inspiration the other day and is now working on a story called "Ataxia" It is about :twilightblush: receiving a strange pink letter from :trollestia: by mistake. She can't open it, despite her best effort, but it is addressed to somepony called "Ataxia"

And you know what is really strange, despite the fact that Twilight knows that there is no pony in Ponyville called Ataxia? It is that the Encyclopaedia Equestria has this strenge entrence that mentions an Ataxia:

" Lords of Chaos
Once before the peaceful reign of the Royal pony sisters, the land that is today known as Equestria was ruled by three terrible gods of old known as draconequus. Discord lord of Disharmony and his twin daughters, Ataxia lady of Mischief and *Blank* lady of Misery.

1533350 That sounds epic. I look forward to it.

1533500
Oh and the address on the scroll leads them (:moustache: and :twilightoops:) to a really creepy house, it looks like it was made by an evil witch with the purpose of luring small foals in it so she could stuff them in the oven and gobble them up, a full scale gingerbread house. Just look at it, doesn't it just screen "evil".

Twilight informs Spike that there is no such thing as witches, and then treatens to turn him into a newt if he keeps pestering her about it:pinkiehappy:

hey look i upvoted your story just because of the oc

also derp :derpyderp1:

nice job scootoloo

Login or register to comment