• Published 27th Aug 2022
  • 5,005 Views, 242 Comments

A Walking Chestnut - Netap



A Human finds himself waking up as a Chespin in a magical world, It's kind of simple.

  • ...
24
 242
 5,005

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: A Short discussion between a Unicorn and a Deer.

Looking at the ceiling of Fluttershy's home as I lay on the carpet, I ask myself what am I doing with my life?

I've been here for a bit over three weeks, And the only hint on how to get home is a magical mirror that only opens every thirty months.

When was the last time it opened? When is the next time it will be open?

Did the Princess even get Twilight's message?

And how much time has over there? If what Antonio claims is true, A month here is Thirty years there. But that can't be true can it?
What about my body back on earth? Did I fall into a coma? What about Dad? Who's going to take care of him?

I just Want to go home now...

And as that thought passed through my mind, as I lay on the scratchy carpet on the floor of a house I've only been inside of once.

A Pair of glowing blue eyes smile in a castle on the moon.


"So your name is William?" Twilight asked the Human turned Deer

"Why yes, As I said before, My Name is Sir William J Picard, I've been granted the title of sir by King George V himself after my wonderful duty on the field of battle, Yes yes." He nods as he tells Twilight before taking a sip of a cup of tea placed in front of him.

Hearing all of this, Twilight thinks back to what she knows about Humans. Which is to say, barely at all.
All the information she got from Star Swirl's book was a description of their anatomy and the knowledge that they do not have Magic in their world.
The only Human she met till now was Samuel, who she couldn't understand, and now William, who she can actually speak with.

She knows theirs another one in the mountain where the Dragon flew off to after everything was taken care of, But she never had the time to visit him.

She already sent Princess Celestia a message about the Human turned Pokemon as Sam called them, But the reply she got was not what she expected.

"Dear Twilight, Thank you for informing me of the troubles that plague you and your new friends.
I am joyous to hear that you have adapted well to your new life in the town of Ponyville,
In Regards to the artifact you wrote about, The Crystal Mirror, I am sorry to announce but I cannot help you with that.
The Portal will only open in 28 more months, I am sorry to tell you.
If there is any other way I can help you find a solution to your problem, I will.
Lovingly, Princess Celestia."

She can't help them. Twilight didn't deliver Sam the news yet, scared of how he might react.
His entire life was ripped away from him, And he won't be able to return home for at least two more years.
Even then the portal might not work. With him being a creature called a Pokemon, Who knows what kind of magic is affecting his body? Will the Crystal Mirror even take him to the right human world? Are there more than one human world?

Twilight won't be able to help him like this, And nothing in her library can help her either.

"Are you listening?" She snaps over to the voice that spoke to her, Remembering she was in a conversation with Sir William.

"Sorry, I've been pretty distracted lately. I have a question," Twilight asks the deer, "How long have you been here, in Equestria?"

"For how long have I been here?" The Sawsbuck asks himself, "Lets see, I went through a winter already, Maybe a year and a half, give or take?" So the Sawsbuck has been here for more than a year, How come she never heard of him?
A deer with tree branches for antlers isn't a common site, anywhere really.

"Chespin?" She hears Samuel say from the carpet on the floor.

"Yes I've been here for more than a year, Is there something you needed to ask?" Twilight doesn't think she can get used to seeing others understand the words coming out of the small green and brown rodents mouth.

"Ches, Pin Pin" Is all Twilight heard, But William obviously heard something different.

"It was 1921 If I remember correctly." That Answer seems to perk up the moping rodent.

"Chespin, Ches Ches Pin Ches" He said as he sat up, looking over to Twilight.

"He's asking about a magic mirror that can take him home." William translated for her, making Twilight cringe at what's to come soon.

"Ehehe, The Mirror, About that, Yeah-" She looks over at the Chespin, Seeing his big black eyes looking up at her as if she has the answer to all the questions in the world, "-The Mirror will be ready to take you all home soon, No worries, Haha!" She answers Samuel, Making a wide smile spread on his face as he picks himself up and hugs her tightly.

Returning the hug, Twilight can't help but feel terrible at what she just did.
She didn't mean to lie to him, She was going to tell the truth and everything!
But when she saw those two eyes, looking at her full of hope.
She couldn't take that smile away from him.

Letting go of the Hug, Samuel exits the door and Rolls into a ball before taking off. A small cloud of dust forming where he just was.

Looking back at the deer in front of her she sees a disappointed face.

"You shouldn't have gotten his hopes up, I know what he was thinking." He tells her, a scrutinizing look on his face. "He want to go home, He Loves his home, maybe more than anything else in his life. And you told him you can get him home." He explains to the Unicorn.

"You lied to him, It might have been to keep him happy. But when he discovers that the Crystal Mirror isn't going to work for him, He will blame you for it.
You just Promised him a way home, Hopefully you manage to deliver." He whispers as he picks himself up from the table and taking his exit.

As he reaches the door, he pauses and gives one last sentence "The thing I hate the most are those who bring others a Hopeless dream." He said in a serious tone, looking Twilight Directly in the eyes before he takes his leave.

Back in Fluttershy's cabin, Spike, Angel, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy look over to Twilight.
A silence spreads over the house before Rainbow Dash speaks up again.

"So can someone explain what was up with those two?"


Deep in the Everfree Forest.

Inside a cavern under the forest of the Everfree, A large Cocoon of leaves and spit open up.
Out of the Cocoon crawl a large Insect, The size of a short Pony, four stubby legs drag it out of its cocoon.

Looking around itself with its big orange eyes, It crawls weakly towards a webbed up Manticore that it tied up previously for this moment.

Tearing into the Manticore with it's beak-like mouth, It gorges itself on the beast.
Once the Insect is Full, it closes it's eyes and a faint purple and green glow flows out from its antennae.

As a faint hum emanates itself from the bug, It drags it's weak and emancipated body to a corner of the cave, Entering a deep sleep as the Psychic Message continues to emanate from it's weakened body.

The Pontiff has Awoken, Soon the Saint shall be released from his Prison.
And a new age shall fall on Equestria.

An Age of The Monster.

Author's Note:

Shorter chapter today.

Twilight feels guilty, Sam feels hopeful learning that the thirty-years per month theory he had is false, And Rainbow Dash is still confused.

Also a sneak peak to two original arcs I'm planning for the first season.

Thank you for reading this far :)

PreviousChapters Next