• Published 27th Aug 2022
  • 5,003 Views, 242 Comments

A Walking Chestnut - Netap



A Human finds himself waking up as a Chespin in a magical world, It's kind of simple.

  • ...
24
 242
 5,003

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: Politics about Family.

Jennino Lanternlight was stressed, In the past four hours she had to dine with foreign dignitaries who were invited to Caninia by her older sister, only to then be kicked out of Caninia by her older sister, only for her to invite them instead to help her deal with a very troublesome situation she got her paws in.

Her younger Sister, Moonbeam Twinkletail, was kidnapped by members of the D3U, and in little more than 24 hours she will be executed if Katherina doesn't hand over the country to them.

And if Katherina refusing to even consider working with her to fix the situation, one of the Equestrian diplomats was also kidnapped, presumably by the D3U as well.

Jennino has no real options with Katherina refusing to cooperate. So she did what she thought could save her sister.

She enacted martial law and gave control of the situation to a diplomat with a plan.
This entire debacle might, no, it surely will come back to bite her in the future.

But as long as it gets her sister back, she will even declare war against the world itself.

Because that's what Family means to her.


I woke up by being thrown on to the cold hard ground.

"There, that's one problem dealt with" A voice said behind me before the sounds of a heavy metal door closing could be heard.

I decided to lie on the ground for a few more seconds, thinking about what the hell was going on.

"Okay, so I was kidnapped, Wonderful. What do cartoon character do to escape from a jail cell? Usually there's some obvious escape route in cartoons, grab the keys off a passing guard? Slip between the comically wide bars? Seduce the guards in order to switch places, with them being behind the bars and me being freed?" Why did I think of this? I'm so tired my mind can't even work properly right now.

It's been non-stop trouble since I landed in this country, Can at least one week pass before something bad happens next time?

Deciding that talking to myself might not be healthy, I open my eyes to take a look at my surroundings.

It's a cave, what is it with me being unconscious and caves?
But it's also not just any cave, no no no, that would be easy wouldn't it? No, This cave has a thick metal door covering the only exit, making this into some sort of vault.

The next thing I notice are the purple Dog slumped on the wall of the cave, the weird green turtle with a green rock as a shell, and the strong smell of oranges.

None of those seem helpful in a prison-break.

"Hello mister, do you want to be my friend?" I hear a young child ask me, I turn to look at the Green Turtle creature that waddled up to me.

"Mom said that strangers are just friend you haven't met yet, so now that I'm meeting you, you aren't a stranger anymore, your a friend now!" The rock turtle says as he pushes me with his head, poking me slightly from the crystal growing out of his head.

"Listen kid, I'm a bit busy right now, do you know a way out of here? I have somewhere important to be" I ask the turtle, Since he sounds like a child, If he knows a way out of here then I can regroup with Blueblood and Cadance and get out of here.

The turtle creature looks at me as if I just asked it the hardest question on the math exam.
Seeing that the turtle is busy thinking of an answer, might be because of turtles being slow and cartoon logic makes it so they're now also slow in the head, I think.

I go and check the purple dog.

As I get closer to them, I hear the voice of a woman whispering coming from the dogs direction.

"...and then i use fireball and blow him up.... use a freeze ray and then.... grab him with telekinesis to...." What is she whispering about?

"Hey, you okay?" I ask the purple dog.

The Purple Dog, now aware of my presence looks at me as if she just showed something embarrassing.

"What? Oh, you're another animal, great. Something new enters this cell and I once again am made a joke, how would I, Princess Moonbeam the powerful ever escape this evil lair now?" The Purple Dog, now recognized as Princess Twinkletail that's been kidnapped by the D3U, waves her hand dramatically as if struck emotionally.

"Laid here to waste, my magic gone, and now only mouse as my company. Will this be my end? Or will I escape my torturous fate and find freedom, unbound by the chains of the evil President Lycanroc." She continues to monologue as she grabs hold of me and hugs me like a stuffed animal.

"Oh, Woe is she whose might knew no boundary but the loneliness of a cell" And she's still going.

I was told that Princess Twinkletail was the one that opened up all the public schools in Caninia, and even took a hobby researching magic.

Looking at the dramatic Dog holding on to me, I can't help but find that fact hard to believe.

"And now, with only this mouse as my companion, I shall die alone, cold, deep below the land I once called home." She ends with a dramatic collapse, as if a character in a theater show has been killed.

*sniff sniff* And now she's crying.
Oh no, she's crying.

"Mr mouse, I don't want to die!" She cries as she pushes her head into my stomach and wipes her now runny nose on it, ruining my only article of clothing in the process.

I should be angry, not at her for ruining my clothes, but at whatever turned me into a pokemon in this colorful yet annoying world.

but right now, I can't help myself but feel sorry for this Princess.
I myself might also cry hideously like her If I knew I was going to be executed by terrorist, and I haven't cried in years.

Giving her a soft rub on the head as she cries into me, holding me like a stuffed doll.
I might not like this treatment I'm getting, but I'll let it slide.

She needs this.


"Blueblood, what are you doing?" Cadance asked as she entered a room in the castle to find her cousin signing off on many different forms and papers.

Instead of answering her inquiry, Blueblood simply lifts a paper with his magic and handing it to her to read.

"The Trade Deal of- Blueblood what is this?!" Cadance exclaims as she reads the rest of the paper.

Smirking, Blueblood looks up from the mountain of paperwork he surrounded himself with.

"Cadenza, It's great for you to join me here, but I'm mighty busy, As you can see" He then pointed to the paperwork around him as he signed another form.

"What about Samuel? We still need to find him" She tried telling the Unicorn prince, only for him to reply with "Already done," Before he pushed another paper at her.

"By the authority vested in me by her royal majesty Jennino Lanternlight, I decree that the individuals known as President Lycanroc and Sir Rockefeller, are to be considered enemies of the state, and a warrant for their arrest has been issued? Blueblood you can't be doing this!" Cadance exclaims as she read the rest of the document handed to her.

"But I can, Under the law that Queen Lanternlight pulled on, I have full control over the economics and military of the kingdom of Caninia, or at least the half that recognizes Jenn as a queen." He explained before reading another document and placing it on a large pile, only for it to be taken away by one of his puppet maids.

"And to ease your mind, I already have everything to extract Samuel and Princess Moonbeam ready, however, need I remind you, that President Lycanroc said that he will be executing her at sunset tomorrow, as you can see outside this window, the sun hasn't fully set yet, giving us a bit over 24 hours to save them. 24 hours where I have full control over two of the most important facets of a kingdom. Money and Military." Blueblood explained, before handing over another document for Cadance to read.

"Do you see what that says?" He asked as she read the paper, "To you it might say the numbers of all the active soldiers in the country that are under Jenn's rule, I however see it as a sign telling me that if Caninia don't sign the agreement Raven Inkwell prepared, and Equestria decided to invade to get the deal by force, These Dogs won't have enough Horsepower to stop us." A glint appeared in his eyes as he wiped a strand of blonde hair off his face.

"I now have knowledge of everything military and financial in this castle with roughly 24 hours to go over it all" He bends over the desk in order to get a bit closer to Cadance, "I might be a Prince, I might be a Unicorn, But I'm a pony first and foremost, and don't let anypony ever tell you that I'm not a good politician."

Now with his face mere centimeters away from hers.

"Because I'm the best damn politician Equestria has"

Author's Note:

Another short chapter, sorry it's like this, but I'm sick right now and writing when your nose is clogged up and still running is a terrible way to spend an evening.

Sorry for another short chapter.

Hope you enjoyed the story so far 🤧

PreviousChapters Next