• Published 27th Aug 2022
  • 5,002 Views, 242 Comments

A Walking Chestnut - Netap



A Human finds himself waking up as a Chespin in a magical world, It's kind of simple.

  • ...
24
 242
 5,002

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18: A Chestnut Dreams of Home.

Earth, IDF Communications and Logistics base, South, 2022.

"Good work everyone, Your work is done for the day, You can take the weekend off, Go visit your family. Shoshan, I heard your wife gave birth recently, congratulations. Isaac, I've been told your sister is getting married soon, go visit her. Oh, And Cohen, I want to see you in my office." The Sergeant in charge of our Surveillance team tells us.

Why does he want to speak with me? Did I do something wrong? It's still my first month here, I really hope I didn't mess anything up.

Saving the Data on the computer and packing up my bag, I head towards the Sergeants office, knocking on the door.

"Come in" He called and I entered, I placed my bag on the side of the chair in front of his desk, and took my seat.

Looking around the room, I spot pictures of him in his younger days, back before his hair started to grey, A flower vase and an old landline phone.
On a shelf next to a book case filled with law books and bibles, There's a glass case, inside of it are a bunch of military badges.

"Samuel, Do you know why I brought you here?" The sergeant asks, as he leans forward in his chair to look me in the eyes.
"No sir, I do not" I answer truthfully, I do not know what I did to warrant my boss to call me here.

"I've noticed you haven't been going home on the weekends, Is there a reason for that?" He asks as he pulls a Cigarette out of a box, He offers me one but I turn it down.

I don't smoke.

Lighting the cigarette, He takes a pull before blowing smoke to the side, and immediately throwing the cigarette out of his mouth into a trashcan.
"Here in the Surveillance sector, we have what might be the most important job in the army, We make sure our soldiers aren't walking into ambushes, we make sure they get the right person, we make sure no weapons cross the border.
We are part of the reason the Syrians and Lebanese haven't tried starting another war.
And we need all our soldiers to be ready for duty, physically and mentally." He explains as he takes out another cigarette, takes a single puff and throws in away.

"I want you to go home, kid. Visit your Dad, take some time off." He tells me and points to my face. "Did you look at yourself, kid? The spots beneath your eyes make you look like a raccoon, You've been working more than any of the new Hogrim. As your leading officer, I am ordering you to go home for the weekend." He orders.

"Understood Sir" I answer, grab my bag and take my leave. I can't disobey a direct order, even if the order is to go home for the weekend.

Exiting the base, I see the bus taking the other enlisted to the train station, I look for a car that's also going in that way.

I am not going on a Bus.

After a few minutes, I managed to grab a ride to the Beit She'an train station, From there, its an hour more to reach Haifa and another thirty minutes of walking before reaching home.

Entering the apartment where I live with my dad, I take off my shoes, stand a minute in front of the vase next to the mirror, and head to my room.

Looking around I spot my old 3DS, my Nintendo Switch and even my old PC setup.
I haven't played with them in months, I still need to finish my New Super Mario Brothers U Deluxe save file, Never managed to beat Kamek, Too annoying.

Placing my bag on the floor of my room, I take off my uniform and throw it on top of the bag. Looking at my shirtless body in the mirror, I flex my muscles just to see how much my body changed in the past six months.

I actually have abs now!

Lying down on my bed, I close my eyes for a few second, reminiscing on the past six months in the army.
Only 22 more to go.

"Samuel, Is that you" I hear my dad call out from the living room, "Yeah" I call him back.

Maybe Sarge was right, I should have come back sooner.

I soon close my eyes and go to sleep.

And not once, Did I see Daniel or Mom this time, This might be a good thing for me.

And not once did I notice, the blue slit-eyes looking at me from a dark corner of my room.


Waking up to a loud knocking on my cabin door, I roll out of the uncomfortable bed and land on the cold floor of the metal cage called a ship.

"Wake the hay up Rodent! We're In Caninia, Get off the ship!" I hear an annoying sailor shouting at me to wake up.
I guess they noticed the missing food.
Checking my Cartoon pocket to find that the food I Didn't Steal is still there, I put on the suit that Blueblood's puppets made for me, and exit the room.

"You're awake, great, Get off the ship and take your rats with you." The cream colored earth pony sailor says as he looks down at me with disgust. On his hip is an illustration of an anchor.
Asshole.

Heading to the top of the ship, I meet up with Cadance.

"Good Morning Chespin, I apologize for yesterday. I baked you some cookies to make it up to you. The ingredients are from the pantry so I apologize if they don't taste very good, I'll make you more when we're back in Equestria." She floats over a plastic container filled with butter cookies.

She really didn't need to do this, I should apologize, I was acting offended because I thought it would be funny to see her reaction.

Opening the container, I grab a cookie and hand it to her. "I'm sorry for how I acted Cadance, Here, have one of these cookies I Made."

She looks at the cookie I'm handing her, and responds "Thank you for offering a cookie, Mister Chespin, I will gladly accept" She takes the cookie and bites it.

Seeing her face squeeze in what can only be disguised as disgust for the taste of the cookies, She coughs to hide her face behind her hoof.

Looking down at the cookies that obviously don't taste good, I smile as A plan to get information in the capital city starts to form.

Getting off the boat and meeting up with Blueblood and the Duke dog that I totally forgot was here with us, we enter a carriage and start heading to the City of Diamondia, the Capital of the Diamond Dog kingdom of Caninia.

And as my plan on how to get information in the kingdom continues to fester in my mind, a wide smile grows on my face.

I Truly am, The Worlds Greatest Criminal Mind.

Author's Note:

Another short chapter, Next one will be longer, I promise!

We finally reached the Kingdom of Caninia, the first major arc of the story finally begins!

Check out my Patreon if you want to support me more directly than simply leaving a like and a comment: https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=79983149

And if your read this far, You Rock! You're the Best! Keep being Awesome!

And thank you all for reading this far :)

PreviousChapters Next