• Published 27th Aug 2022
  • 5,005 Views, 242 Comments

A Walking Chestnut - Netap



A Human finds himself waking up as a Chespin in a magical world, It's kind of simple.

  • ...
24
 242
 5,005

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19: A Chestnuts first day on foreign soil.

Have you ever ridden a carriage?
Its uncomfortable, The wheels have no suspension to keep the cart on the ground.
Every little bump on the road is felt.
And the seats aren't comfortable at all, even with cushioning.

And it was in that uncomfortable ride that I spent an hour plotting on how to get the D3U to become a more active threat.
I never had any experience as an ambassador, And I can't talk with anyone here other than other humans and animals.

And for a lot of the time here, I'm going to have to be alone, With Blueblood with the Separatists and Cadance with the Traditionalists, leaving me alone with the Democratic Diamond Dog Union.

But, as luck would turn out, Cadance just gifted me a box of cookies.
Cookies that can be used as incentive for creatures that don't know good food.
Creatures Like Rats.


Reaching a tall hill overlooking the capital city of Dimondia, The Cart stops. The Horses, actual horses, not Ponies, but wild animal horses, refused to go further.

"C'mon you aggravating bums, it's only twenty more minutes!" The Stagecoach of the carriage yells at the four horses that pulled us.

"What is going on?" Cadance asks the driver, who grumbles how the horses refuse to move, Duke Snifflepaw wipes sweat off his brow at the inconvience that's being caused and Blueblood simply closes his eyes.

Peeking my head out the window of the carriage, "What's going on out here, why did we stop?" I ask the horses.

"You understand what we're saying?" One of the horses asks, And I nod in return.

"Well, You know how the capital is split in three factions, right?" A second horse tells, prompting a third horse to continue, "Yeah yeah yeah, that President Dog, Real Scary guy. Said that he'd make us into glue if we bring the Princesses any help. And seeing as your group is here to help Queen Katherina, Well"

The fourth horse finishes with "We Aint gonna become Glue, no Sir! You're gonna have to walk the rest of the way! We Ain't movin'!"

Sliding back into the carriage, I take out a piece of Paper from my CPP and write down what the horses said.

"So President Lycanroc doesn't want us here, Seems like he wants the Civil War to happen. Well, If we have to walk, then sadly we'll walk." Blueblood said after reading my paper, Lifting his luggage in a telekinetic grip, and exiting the carriage.

"I'm so sorry, your highness," Duke Snifflepaw and the Driver bowed as Cadance exited the carriage. "If we knew this would happen, we would've taken a different route."

"No need Sir Snifflepaw, I am sure that the walk to meet with Queen Katherina will be short, Seeing the City on the way there will help us think of a solution." Cadance answered the Duke, Lifting her own luggage and walking down the road.

Stopping next to me, She offers to carry me on her back, so I wouldn't need to run after them.

I begrudgingly accept.

I mean, My feet are very small, so I can't run very fast. And I'm not going to roll into a ball after them, That'll ruin the new suit.

So now I'm sitting on the back of a magical princess, as we, a group consisting of a Princess, a Prince, a Duke, and a Human turned fictional Rodent, Make our way to the capital city of Dimondia.

What can go wrong?


We soon reach the streets of the City, where the Dirt Road turns into paved stone, and the trees and hills turn into brick and mortar.

Duke Snifflepaw said to go to the older castle, the one made of Grey and Blue brick, as that's where Katherina is.

Looking at the Castle in front of us, We see that it's not the castle that Snifflepaw described.

Seeing as the castle in front of us is sparkling new, made of white marble and gold bricks.

"Perhaps the Duke misremembered the coloring, He did wear Glasses, Maybe he's color blind" Cadance, I don't think he misremembered, I think we're at the wrong castle.
You should try to be less optimistic at everything, this is a serious matter, I'm trying to get a pony to lose their job.

As our now smaller groups nears the entrance of the obviously wrong castle, We are stopped by a group of guards wearing Silver and Steel armor, holding shiny metal spears.

"Halt, State your business!" The lead guard yells as the group if Dogs surrounds us.

"My name is Prince Blue-" Blueblood gets interrupted by the guard, "Not you, The Alicorn! What is a Princess doing outside our castle"

Now with all the eyes looking at Cadance, I remember that this world runs on cartoon logic, So there are only two ways this could end.

One, We get invited in and receive a warm welcome by Princess Lanternlight, or Two, We get arrested and thrown into the dungeons.

And which one of these will happen all depends on how Cadenza answers this question.


I knew this would happen, But I still wasn't prepared for it.

As Cadance, Blueblood and I are seated in a dining room, A retinue of chefs enter the room and place plates upon plates of food on the table.

Looking to the other half of the table, I spot two empty chairs, and one occupied by a Bipedal Labrador wearing a pink skirt.

"I am once again, apologizing from the bottom of my heart on the misunderstanding with the guards outside, I hope you understand" The Diamond Dog said as she picked a plate with chicken wings and placed two on her own plate.

"No need to apologize, Princess Muffinsbuns," Blueblood told Ambrosia Muffinsbuns, one of the three princesses in charge of the separatists. "With the tensions rising in and around Caninia, It is only natural for you to keep your guard up at all times"

"Please Prince Blueblood, Call me Amber" She gave a smile and put some salad on her plate.

As The two of them talk, Cadance and I put food on our plates as well.

Salad and Pasta for Cdance, and for me.

I get to eat Meat.

For the first time in since I got to Equestria, For The First time in the past Month! I get to eat cooked meat!

Finally! Something that isn't Nuts, Berries, Roots or Baked Apples.

Real, Cooked, Red Meat!

Grabbing a plate with beef tenderloin dripped in red wine sauce with mashed potatoes, I take a deep breath to savor the smell.

So this is how you Dogs eat, You're not so bad Princess Muffinsbuns.
Currently My number one favorite Royal.

Followed closely by Blueblood and Cadance, of course.

Right as we all get ready to dig in, The Dining room door opens and in comes a Diamond Dog wearing a blue cloak and a red collar, Her look resembling an English Springer. A Type of Spaniel dog.

"Sorry for being Late, I only got the news that we had visitors and had to run down the tower, Excuse me." The Dog says as she bends leans with her hands on her knees to catch her breath.

As she looks up, she sees the us getting ready to start lunch.

"Oh, Excuse me again," She says as she takes a chair next to Ambrosia, "You probably know this already, But I am Princess Jennino Lanternlight, Ruler of this side of Caninia and one of six princesses. Well, Five Princesses now that Katherina is Queen" Princess Lanterlight introduces herself, "But please, Call me Jenn, I like to keep things casual around here" She says as she also grabs a plate of food from the table.

Now with only one chair left empty on the table, We look towards the last door, waiting to see if the third Princess will join us.

"Oh, Moon won't be joining us, She left to check on a town a few hours away, she won't be back till dinner" Jenn says as she sees us looking at the door.

"Oh, Well then, Allow me to introduce myself to you Princess Lanterlight, My name is-" "Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, distant relative of the ancient Princess Amore of the Crystal Empire, Niece of Princess Celestia of Equestria, and a Pegasus turned Alicorn, Yes I know you" Jennino finished, gaining all eyes in the room back on her.

I'm just going to start eating, I can't wait for them to keep talking, I have a big juicy steak in front of me!

"Oh, Yeah I had to do a lot of research in order to get this whole Separation from Katherina possible, One such things I learned was the names and description of all current Royalty on the Global Circle." Jenn continues, "Sorry that I cut you out by the way, But seeing you reminded me of the lessons my tutor had to give me to memorise all of this."

Jennino keeps talking.

"And you are Prince Blueblood, Nephew of Princess Celestia and last remaining member of the ancient Unicorn Royalty Bloodline, Descended from Princess Platinum." She look to Blueblood and says.

Next she turns to me, "I don't actually know who you are, Would you mind introducing yourself little buddy?" Did she just call me Little Buddy?
Just Because I'm cute doesn't mean I am a toy!
Although she also seems cool, for now, She also isn't a pony that walks on four legs, Might be nice to hang out with people that can use their hands while they walk.

Bipedal Supremacy and all that.

Grabbing a nearby napkin, I take a pen out of my CPP and write down my name.

"Samuel Cohen is it? Very well, My name Is Jennino Lanternlight, Princess of Caninia, and I would like to be your friend" She finishes with a bright smile, showing off her white canines.

I obviously agree, Having a friend with Royalty is always useful.

"What? That easy? Cool. Since we're friend now, I'll show you to your guest room after lunch. You two wouldn't mind If I keep him around for a while, do you?" The Princess asks the two Pony Royalty.

"Just a second Princess Lanterlight, I need to have a word with my associate here" Blueblood says as he grabs me by the shoulder and pulls me out of the room.

Before the door shuts behind us, Leaving Cadance alone with Jenn and Amber, I hear Jenn ask Cadance "So, Why are you here anyway?"

The Door to the dining room now closed, leaving Blueblood and I alone in the hallway outside.

"Listen Samuel, Change of Plans, You are to be with a Separatist while I take your spot with the D3U. You seem to already have built a connection with their leader, Hope this won't change the plan too much, Good? Good. Now back to business" After Blueblood looked me in the eye and told me all that, he opened the door back up.

I mean, I can take his spot here, sure, But I had this entire plan of building a network of spies by bribing the rat population that live in the city by giving them Cadance's bad cookies, Oh well.

Opening the Door to dining room, We see Cadance and Amber eating their food, while Jenn is leaning on her elbow, poking a meatball with a fork, pushing it around her plate.

Seeing us enter, Jenn calls out "Samuel, come, sit next to me, Moonbeam isn't here and this chair is comfier" Feeling a tap on the back, I see Blueblood nod to me, subtly pushing me to accept this deal.

As If refusing it could Spell the end to Operation: Get Raven Inkwell Fired.

Grabbing the seat next to Princess Lanternlight, I see that my plate of steak and mashed potatoes has been moved over, that's nice.

After twenty minutes, we finish eating, And Ambrosia Muffinsbuns guides us to a living room, with a pillows on the ground and a set of tea cups.

"So, Cadance already told me that Katherina called you here to make sure this Dispute isn't going to end in War. I get it, I really do, I also don't want war with my own Sisters." Jenn Starts as we all grab a spot to sit.

"Yes, While Katherina has been full of herself ever since she succeeded the throne, but she is still our Sister, I'm sure Moonbeam would agree with us if she was here" Amber continues, taking a sip from her tea.

"Yeah, that, But The people need jobs, and Katherina does- *BOOM*" As Jenn says something, A loud noise is heard from outside.

Quickly running to the window to see what's going on, We all look towards the giant Stone Spire that's jutting out of the ravine that runs in the middle of the city.

On top of the spire of stone, A Red and White Figure could be seen standing, Waving a flag in his hands.

"The Day has Come For the royals of this land to step down from their towers of ivory! We of the Democratic Diamond Dog Union Demand to be heard! If our demands aren't met by tomorrow at sunset, We will resort of drastic measures" As the figure on top of the stone spire shouts that, A Purple figure is pulled up with ropes to him.

"We will execute Princess Moonbeam Twinkletail, We will be taken seriously!" As he finishes his Declaration, The red and white Dog jumps off of the stone spire into the ravine, carrying a tied and screaming princess with him.

As we all look in shock at what has just transpired, We come to the resolution that,

This Peacekeeping Mission has turned into a Hostage Situation.

Author's Note:

Yep, Day one of the mission and so many stuff already went wrong.
The Carriage didn't carry the group all the way to the city.
They Arrived at the wrong castle.
And now the D3U is committing acts of Terror.
Who could've seen that happen?!

Yeah, Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

If you want to read more of my stories, Check me out on Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/netapel

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=79983149

Or visit my twitch Channel, I stream whenever I have the time: https://www.twitch.tv/netapel1

I upload all my Twitch VODs to my YouTube Channel, so you can go there as well: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj0Y6Jv5pZui1liOEi84BUA/videos

Once again, Thank you for reading this far :)

Hope you enjoyed :)

PreviousChapters Next