• Published 27th Aug 2022
  • 5,002 Views, 242 Comments

A Walking Chestnut - Netap



A Human finds himself waking up as a Chespin in a magical world, It's kind of simple.

  • ...
24
 242
 5,002

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15: A Chestnut and a prince creating a conspiracy halfway across the ocean.

After a number of hours just sitting on the floor of my cabin, I pick myself up and exit my room for the first time since we began sailing.

Walking down the hallway, I search for something to do to pass the time.
I pass by door that I don't care to open, A window that shows the outside sea, and even a taxidermied seagull.

Passing by a few more rooms I reach a door with a sign.
Opening the door without reading the sign, I am greeted with a hall filled with benches and the smell of canned food.

Walking towards the kitchen of the mess-hall I found myself in, I grab a can of food and open it without reading the label.
Grabbing a spoon to dig into the can of baked beans, I start eating.

Look at me, I'm in the middle of the Ocean, Half asleep because of seasickness, eating canned food straight from the shelf by myself.
I hate sailing.

After filling my stomach with food that I'm probably going to throw up later, I exit the empty mess-hall and continue my walk.

Walking out to the deck of the ship, I am hit by the smell of saltwater and sweat.
Looking around at all the ponies working this ship, moving boxes around and mopping the floor.

"Oh, You're that Mr Cohen that the document wrote about." I turn to see who addressed me to be greeted with the sight of Blueblood, The Unicorn that was placed on this mission with Cadance and I.

Nodding my head to show that I am indeed Samuel Cohen, He asks for me to walk with him.

"Listen, Cohen, I don't like this whole diplomatic mission that Raven put us in and I am sure that you dislike it as well." He says and I nod in agreement, I shouldn't be here, on this ship halfway across an ocean, I should be laying in my cave, doing nothing but wait for the Portal Mirror to open and send me home.

"I don't know why Raven put you here," He stops his walk in front of a door, opening it he reveals a cabin bigger than mine, it even has a table!
I don't have a table...
"But I know that she overstepped her boundaries." Blueblood takes a seat next to the table and points me to sit in front of him.

"You see, Raven Inkwell is the royal secretary and archivist, she's Celestia's right hoof pony, and ask anybody who works in the leadership of Canterlot, they would all tell you that Raven Inkwell runs the castle." He grabs a bag of tea leaves and places them in a teapot, leaving it over a small magical fire to boil.

"While Princess Celestia rules all of Equestria as the princess of the day, recently joined with her long lost sister Princess Luna, the Princess of the night, They aren't the best at office-work." Blueblood continues to talk, "While Princess Celestia eats cakes and reads stories to foals, Raven makes sure that the crowns money reaches the right pockets." The teapot starts steaming.

Now that is interesting, Princess Celestia, who's been talked as the perfect ruler who can do no wrong, is actually delegating most of her job to this Raven Inkwell Individual, who is the one that makes the real choices.

"Now, I know you aren't a wild animal, you can obviously write and even understand what I'm saying, so Lets strike a deal." Blueblood pours me and him a cup of tea, we each take a sip.

Nod if you agree, But I want this envoy to go so far south, that Raven Inkwell will be fired from her position, hopefully forcing Auntie Celestia to do her actual job for once." I nod, I might barely know this Raven Inkwell pony, but they are the ones who put me on this cursed vessel.

I'll probably feel terrible for this later, but right now, Getting Raven Inkwell fired from her position is something I can really get behind.

So what if an entire nation has to go through a Civil war because of it.
I think Raven should have picked some better diplomats.

"Good, So here's the plan. I already spoke with Cadenza previously on how the mission will go.
The Diamond Dog kingdom of Caninia is currently pulling itself in three direction.
Queen Katherina Proudpaws and two of her sisters, Princess Fiona Floppyears and Princess Indiana Ambereyes who invited us to help quell the unrest in her kingdom, Being the one that we shall dub the traditionalists. They will be dealing with Cadance-." We both take another sip from the tea

"-The second group, lead by Katherina's younger sister, Princess Jennino Lanternlight and the other two princesses, Princess Ambrosia Muffinbuns and Princess Moonbeam Twinkletail. The schism began because they disagreed with a decision Katherina made about refusing to mine a gemstone deposit that was found in the old royal mineshaft. We shall dub them the Separatists, I shall be the one in contact with their group." He takes another sip of tea before floating a few documents with pictures for me to look at.

It has basic information on each one of the princesses, and another two individuals That I guess I will be contacting, If the familiar Pokemon in one of the documents is anything to go by.

"The third group, the one you will be in contact with, is the Democratic Diamond Dog Union, or D3U for short, Lead by the self proclaimed, President Lycanroc and his right hand man, Sir Rockefeller." I look at the pictures of the two, One of them is obviously a human, A Lycanroc is a rock type Pokemon introduced in the seventh generation of Pokemon games, And sir Rockefeller is a bipedal Dachshund who looks not that much taller than me.

Grabbing a piece of paper and writing down a question with a pencil, I ask Blueblood what my job is supposed to be.

"Your job, If you wish to go with it, Is to make sure the D3U becomes an active threat to either the Separatists or the Traditionalists. We need this Diplomatic mission, who's single goal is to make sure a civil war doesn't start in the Kingdom of Caninia to fail so spectacularly bad, Raven Inkwell will have no choice but to either resign from her position or be fired." Blueblood explained with a smile, taking another sip from his tea.

"This mission, will be a dark stain on the clean record of Equestrian diplomacy, The first one in over 800 years, and I will make sure that all the blame, absolutely all of it, no matter what the blame is of, falls onto Raven." A sharp glint appears in Blueblood's eye as he down the remaining tea in his cup before smashing the expensive porcelain on the floor of the ships cabin.

"I want Raven Inkwell to lose any prospect of a future job at the castle, I want Princess Celestia to get up off of her throne and actually sign some papers once in a while! I Want The Nation Of Equestria To Be back to the glory that it was when the Princess was actually active!" He stands up from his seat, the shard of broken Porcelain spinning in the air around the room as the yellow magic of Blueblood's horn holds them.

"I WANT TO MAKE EQUESTRIA GREAT AGAIN!!!" The shards of porcelain fuse together to make a statue resembling a navigational star, pointing in the four cardinal directions directly behind Blueblood.

This might backfire me greatly in the future, Blueblood clearly isn't the most stable Individual if the sudden outburst is anything to go by, but I really don't care right now.

Extending a vine from my back, I grab Blueblood's hoof and we shake on a deal.


"I am sure that this will be the birth of a beautiful friendship" A smile stretches on my face.

I'm sorry Cadance, But I'm going to have to ruin your peaceful negotiations soon.

Raven Inkwell, You are done.

Author's Note:

Yeah, Short chapter, deal with it.

Yeah, Blueblood is a Republican, Deal with it.

Yeah, Cadance did nothing wrong, Deal with it.

Yeah, Sam is probably going to cause Diplomatic Incident, Deal with it.

Yeah, Raven kind of deserves what's coming for her, Deal with it.

Thank you all for 100 likes on the story :)
Thank you for reading and enjoying the story so far :)

PreviousChapters Next