• Published 14th Sep 2022
  • 2,178 Views, 591 Comments

Sonic The Hedgehog x My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale - BronySonicFan



Living in Maretime Bay, our Pony BESTIES are having a ton of fun together! And with so many Mobians in the crew: Adventures, wacky situations and tons of more fun are guaranteed!

  • ...
14
 591
 2,178

PreviousChapters Next
40. Secret Canter

In the Crystal Brighthouse, the Mane 5 sins Izzy, Sparky and Team Sonic were putting up the Winter Wishday tree in the living room, with Sparky, Tails and Zipp flying to the high corners to place some decorations there, while Hitch was about to warp the white decorative stream around the tree, Knuckles placed the lights and Sonic helped Pipp to unpack some decorations.

Suddenly, the power went out on the Brighthouse, with only the fireplace and the lights around the tree giving some light.

"Huh?" both Sunny and Pipp asked in confusion from the sudden black out.

"Just for the record, I didn't did anything bad this time" Sonic defended himself, looking around confused.

Then, the front door suddenly opened as a pony with a red cloak on, with their face hide inside of the hood, came in with some fog around them.

The rest of the Mane 5 gasped in fright, with Sunny and Hitch covering in the back of the couch, Zipp side hugging Tails as she hid her face on his neck, Pipp doing the same with Sonic and Knuckles just standing behind the tree confused with a raised eyebrow. Sparky also got spooked by this, because it made him fart out dragon fire from his rear, which durn the decorations box. The baby dragon laughed a bit before hiding as well.

Sonic decided to ignore what Sparky just did, placing an arm in front of Pipp to protect her and glaring at the mysterious pony. "Alright, shadowy pony. You better start to explain who you are and what do you want!" he demanded with a cold stare.

"You'll find out soon!" the pony replied in a familiar tone, with their voice sounding a bit female.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me..." Knuckles muttered, silently facepalming and shacking his head on disbelief.

"Kinda saw it coming, but still..." Tails muttered with a bored expression and an eye roll.

"Ponies! The time has come…" the mysterious mare called out, while Sunny, Hitch and Sparky popped out of behind the couch with scared looks, while Tails landed and Zipp hid behind him and Pipp did the same with Sonic, still hugging him. But then, the pony took her cape off and revealed to be Izzy, who smiled cheerfully at her friends. "... To do 'Secret Canter!'" she cheered, as she started to dance and sing around. "Secret Canter time. It’s Secret Canter time!" she sang with a twirl as she struck a pose with a wink and smiled at her friends, who were looking at her in confusion. Even Knuckles had no idea what was going on, and Sonic and Tails looked at each other with anxious looks. "Time to canter secretly. Sing chorus repeatedly. Secret Canter Time" Izzy sang with a cheery smile.

"Uh, Secret what-er?" Pipp asked confused.

"Izz, honey, please stop saying nonsense without giving out some context first" Knuckles begged with a bored expression, tired tone and a hand on his hip.

"It’s an annual Bridlewood Wishiehoof tradition" Izzy explained with a smile. "Full of secrets!" she added with a spooky tone and expression.

"Izzy, stop trying to be spooky" Knuckles said again. "You're only making yourself cuter than you already are" he added, while the rest just nodded in agreement.

After that sudden comment, specially coming from Knuckles, Izzy just blushed and chuckled sheepishly, but she couldn't understand why.

In fact, she doesn't understand at all why she sweats and gets nervous when Knuckles is simply being Knuckles, but she didn't had time to find it out now.


Sometime later, Izzy lit up some candles and got her hood back on, giving a mischievous smirk to the others.

"Come forth, ponies!" Izzy called out to her friends, while they watched on confused and shrugging to each other. "And let the sacred Wishiehoof vestal reveal if you’re Pony it to you!" she announced, holding up a holiday hat to the others, still smirking.

"So, we draw names from the hat?" Sunny asked, summarizing what Izzy is trying to say, while the rest just looked on with raised eyebrows, and in Sonic's case, a bored expression.

"Kinda" Izzy said with her usual tone and smile. "But with magic and mystery!" she said, shaking the hat and whispering the 'mystery' part.

However, Pipp noticed what hat Izzy held and gasped in shock. "Hey, my elf hat!" she cried out, giving Izzy a look that made her flinch. "I’ve been looking for that!" she added with anger.

"Silence!" Izzy shouted, quieting Pipp and holding up the hat with a smirk. "The time for secret selection is upon us" she announced.

Pipp raised an eyebrow confused, as placing her hoof in the hat. "Hmm" she hummed as she searched through the hat and took out a card.

One by one, the rest of the Mane 5, and Team Sonic as well, picked out a card from the hat.

"You may secretly check what pony you are picking" Izzy stated, still smirking.

The others looked at Izzy for a bit, then looked at each other in curiosity, and then they opened their cards and looked at who they had picked as they gasped, with Sunny and Tails smiling at who they picked, while the others were surprised.

"Now this should be interesting!" Sonic muttered with a grin.

"Now go!" Izzy cheered with a smile. "And make them a present!" she announced with a wave of her hoof.

"Whoa there!" Hitch called out, raising his hoof. "Make? Uh, you mean 'buy'" he corrected with a nervous smile. "Besides, Tails, since he build a lot of gadgets, we're not makers, Izzy. We…" he added sheepishly, but Izzy cut him off.

"Secret Canter demands…" Izzy said in her acting tone before speaking normally. "... You craft the best gifts you can" she instructed while winking at her friends. "And remember ponies…" she started with a smirk.

"We need to do it in secret, right?" Tails asked with a smirk as well.

Izzy got close to Tails with a playful smile. "Are you sure you haven’t done this before?" she asked playfully as the Mane 5 smiled and laughed together.

"More or less" Sonic replied instead, looking at Tails with the same smirk as they winked at each other.

Just so you know, Team Sonic make Secret Santa with the rest of their friends back in Mobius every year, so this isn't anything new for them.


Later on, Izzy held a cake recipe and began to stir the batter.

Izzy tasted the batter and sighed with a smile, liking the taste of the cake.


In another room, Sunny tried to tape something together as she groaned in effort, with some tape and diamonds on her, then she placed the tape down on her gift with a determinate expression.


At another room, Pipp unwrapped some clear candy wrappers and inspected them to see which one was useful for her, but then she sighed tiredly and flopped onto the counter dramatically.


In other room, Zipp tried to open up a bag, but has some trouble and grunted in effort. Then, she ripped the bag open, and lots of red glitter got into her face in the process.


In the Police Station, Hitch was covered in some blue glitter, as he splattered some on a yellow box, but accidentally splattered the glitter too hard and got some on his face.

Hitch tried to shake the glitter off him, while Sparky played with some yellow paint on the floor that was spilled, but then Hitch slipped on the paint and started to loose balance, then tripped on some paint cans in front of him and fell on the floor with a thud.

Sparky saw Hitch fell to the floor, but continued to play with the spilled paint as he giggled happily.


Tails was at Electronic Tails, using Sonic's old Soap Shoes and modifying them with his tools and gadgets, giving a smirk and then placing safe goggles before starting his job.


Sonic bought some bear traps and took out a few spikes of them, knowing perfectly what he was going to make, smirking as he saw the spikes.


Knuckles placed some pink glitter over a pink book, getting some over him and working far away from Maretime Bay, since he really wanted for his receiver to like his present.

He still couldn't figure out why, but he didn't had time to found out wither, because he had a gift to finish up.


Sometime later, at the living room of the Brighthouse, Izzy gathered all her friends again.

"The time is upon us!" Izzy called out cheerfully. "Revealing your gifts!" she added, somehow hanging upside down while looking at her friends.

The rest of Mane 5, Sparky and Team Sonic looked at the 8 gifts on the table with smiles and sparkling eyes. "Whoa…" they said in awe.

"Step forward for your gift, and you may keep it. But whomever it's from shall forever remain secret!" Izzy stated, while whispering the last word with a smirk.

"So, uh... Who begins?" Sunny questioned.

"Well, my name might be in the franchise title, but I'm not the only protagonist" Sonic said with a smirk, then pushing Knuckles forward, who grunted a bit and looked confused at Sonic. "Come on, Knucklehead! Suit yourself!" he stated, now smiling normally.

Knuckles moved forward and grabbed a red small box with a purple bow, and once he opened it, his jaw dropped and his eyes sparkled. "A-Are these... spiked knuckles?!" he asked with a big and bright smile, putting on two black three spiked knuckles and punching them together. "Aw, heck yeah!" he cheered, quickly moving around the living room and striking some random poses, enjoying his new gift. "Don't care who gave these to me, I'll be forever in debt with you!" he shouted excitedly.

"Wonder who gave him those..." Sonic said sarcastically with a smirk, stepping forward and grabbing a slightly more bigger box than the one Knuckles grabbed, a blue box with a pink bow. And, just like Knuckles, Sonic's jaw dropped and his eyes widened in glee as he took out two new pair of shoes.

They was some kind of fusion between his regular shoes, still having the red color and the white stripe, as well as the golden buckle on the sides, but now they also had a black sole, a green tip and the space of the original Soap Shoes.

"I'm copying Knuckles here: I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ON WHO MADE THEM, I LOVE THEM AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH 'TILL THE DAY I DIE!!!" Sonic screamed, immediately putting on the his new footwear and running around the Crystal Brighthouse, feeling like a little kid again when he got his first pair of shoes.

Tails was smiling at Sonic's attitude towards his new gift, while Sunny at his side smirked at him. "Anything you know about the gift, Miles?" she asked on a teasing tone.

Tails glared daggers at her before giving out a normal bored expression. "No idea what are you talking about" he said innocently, moving forward and grabbing the big yellow box with a white bow. He smiled kindly as he took out a new empty tool box, not minding it being empty since he already had enough tools. "Whoa! This is actually a cool and useful gift!" he said with an honest and grateful smile. "Someone broke mine, and now I have all my tools everywhere in my workshop" he complained, referring to Sonic as he tried to glare at the still running hedgehog.

"Let me enjoy my gift, Tails! Complain later!" Sonic shouted still running, while Tails rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Wonder who gave you that!" Hitch said in an acted innocent tone, removing the blue glitter from his face, grabbing a blue gift and opening it with a smile. "Ooh, a photo album! For pics of me and Sparky! And covered in red sequins – Sparky's favorite!" he said happily to the homemade photo album, while Sparky giggled at the album with sparkling eyes. "Thank you, whoever this was from!" he thanked with a smile.

Pipp gave a smirk to her sister, while Zipp was smiling and didn't noticed she had some red sequins on her muzzle. "Hmmmm, who could it be? Eh, Rudolph?" Pipp mocked her sister with a smirk, knowing that Zipp made it since her red sequins on her muzzle gave it away, but Hitch didn't notice it.

Zipp saw what Pipp was talking about and wiped the sequins off and embarrassingly walked backwards from her sister with a sheepish smile, while Pipp silently chuckled to herself.

Zipp grabbed the next gift, which had her color scheme on it. "Oh! Oooh! Perfect for my detective work! A magnifying glass…" she said excitedly, but then realized that the magnifying glass is made of wrappers. "... Made from candy wrappers... That doesn't actually magnify anything…" she pointed out, seeing through the homemade magnifying glass, as it didn’t magnify at all.

Pipp laughed nervously and started to sweat a little. "Whoever made you those must really know you well" she said nervously, since she didn't had the right glass for the magnifying glass materials, so she had to deal with what she had. Then, she walked towards her gift with sparkling eyes and a smile.

"I guess I can just move my head closer to the clue?" Zipp mocked Pipp, using the homemade magnifying glass at the candies stuck on Pipp’s mane, while Pipp herself gave a sheepish smile.

Pipp opened her gift and saw a pair of goggles, which looked like the ones she used to create new products with Tails and the Pippsqueaks. "Oooh! Perfect for creating new products at Mane Melody!" she said excitedly, putting them on to see if they fit and then removing them with a smile. "Awwww! Thanks, secret mystery pony!" she said happily while hugging the goggles.

Sunny tried to get the glue, tape and diamonds off her as she tried to shake it off. "Oh, veeeery mysterious" she said to Pipp with a smirk, then she opened up her gift and saw some kind of desert, appearing to be a chocolate cake with pink frostings and orange sprinkles. "Wow! It's a... uh, I want to say a cake? Or maybe a cookie?" she asked with a smile, after lifting the dessert out of the box and seeing that the cake is as flat as a cookie, then Izzy suddenly tossed some baking soda over Sunny.

Izzy had some baking soda on her face as she was unwrapping her gift. "Hey, did you know that we're out of baking soda?" she asked as her hood came off, which revealed the baking soda on her face. "Not that I have any reason to know that" she added, quickly wiping the baking soda off her face and looking at her gift with sparkling eyes. "Oooh! Oh, it's a diary!" she said excitedly as she picked up the pink glittery diary, with a drawing rainbow on it and a lock as well. "Because I love secrets! And glitter!" she cheered as she tossed some loose pink glitter into the air happily.

"And glittery secrets" Knuckles said with a smirk to Izzy, cleaning up the pink glitter of his face with a towel and throwing it backwards, as the towel timingly landed on Sonic's face, who fell to the ground with his face, while Pipp was taking selfies with her goggles on and a smile.

"I'm okay!" Sonic said, still laying in the ground and raising his thumbs up.

"Oh, that was fun, Izzy!" Sunny said happily. "Anypony want some cookie cake?" she asked the others with a smile while holding out the cookie cake, but then it deflated as Hitch and Sunny cringed from that.

Zipp, Pipp, Tails and Knuckles saw that as Zipp's magnifying glass top piece came off and fell to the floor, Pipp's goggles landed back on her eyesight, but broke in half as it fell to the floor, then the red sequins from Hitch's photo album came right off completely, Tails' box paint came off as well and the spikes of Knuckles' spiky knuckles fell off as well, with the only remaining gifts still intact being Sonic's new shoes and Izzy’s diary.

"Uh…" the entire group exclaimed, while Sonic regrouped with the others with a confused look.

But at the end, they all laughed at this outcome.

"Sorry, Izzy" Pipp said with a chuckle. "Guess we're not expert crafters like you or Tails" she added, since they are not as skilled crafters as Izzy and Tails.

"Oh, pshaw. You put your hearts into crafting these gifts" she said with a smile, while the others putted their gifts on the table. "It's the thought that matters in Secret Canter" she added with a smile.

"Yeah, well. I guess this wasn't a disaster after all" Sonic said with a smile.

"I still need a new tool box, tho" Tails complained.

The Mane 5, Sonic and Knuckles laughed at this, while Tails at first looked on with a bored expression, before slowly smiling as well and joining to the laugh. None of them noticed that the Mane 5's Cutie Marks were glowing, nor that Team Sonic's bodies let out electrical sparkles with their respective skin colors.

Sparky giggled as well, but then some smoke from Sunny's deflated cookie cake came to his nose. "Ooh!" he said with sparkling eyes, looking at the cookie cake and sniffing it, but he cringed to the smell. "Ah... Ah... Ah…" Sparky sneezed on the homemade gifts as his dragon fire hit them.

But after Sparky’s dragon fire settled, the gifts have become better than ever: Sunny’s cookie cake was now a three layer cake; Hitch's photo album has a true book cover with a horseshoe symbol on it; Pipp’s goggles were now stylish protective goggle; Zipp’s magnifying glass was turned into a complete detective suitcase with all the detective gears in it; Tails' tool box was now a high tech box, still empty in tools, but now having a touch screen; and Knuckles' spiky knuckles looked almost the same, just assembled properly this time.

The group sins Sonic gasped in amazement with sparkling eyes, really amazed at what Sparky's dragon fire just did to their gifts.

"Whoa, check it out!" Pipp said excitedly, as she putted on her new and improved goggles. "A Wishentine miracle!" she cheered, taking selfies from her phone with a smile.

"Yeah!" Zipp said with a smile. "Now this is what I was trying to make!" she added excitedly.

"Me, too!" Hitch agreed with a smile.

"Sparky’s dragon fire did us a favor!" Tails said in excitement, as he and the others sins Sonic and Tails looked at their new and improved gifts.

"Quoting Sonic here: he's just a baby now, just imagine everything the little guy's gonna do when he grows up!" Knuckles added with a smile as well

Sunny then turned to Izzy and Sonic, noticing that their gifts didn't changed. "Aw, guys. Your gifts are just the same" she pointed out with a little smile.

"Hm. You can't improve perfection" Izzy said with a smile as she held her diary close to her.

Knuckles noticed that, and as he was trying out his new improved spiky knuckles, he turne to hide his sudden blush from the rest. "W-Why does she always has to be like this?" he muttered, not getting how Izzy could have that effect on him.

"And I don't think this babies could be any better than they already are!" Sonic said as well, liking his new shoes the way they are.

The rest laughed a bit to that.

"Oh!" Izzy said cheerfully, looking at something behind herself. "Ponies! Look! Over there!" she said as she pointed to an extra 8 gifts under the tree. "Oh, gosh! There seems to be an extra gift for each of us!" she said excitedly to the others.

The rest sins Izzy each grabbed a gift and opened them, gasping at what they saw.

"Hey, look!" Pipp said with a nervous smile. "We've all got…" she started.

"... crafting belts" Zipp finished sheepishly, as they each had identical crafting belts.

"It's pretty clear we could all use the practice" Sunny said sheepishly. "Thanks, whoever got us those" she added with a smile.

"Wonder who bought us this ones" Sonic said with a sarcastic tone and a smirk.

"Oh, I have a slight suspicion on that one" Tails said with a smirk as well.

"I'm gonna say it was Sparky.” Hitch said with a smile, while Sparky giggled behind him, muffling his sneeze to prevent his dragon fire from coming out again.

Izzy giggled to herself, trying her best not to call out, but couldn’t help herself as she smiled at her friends. "They're from me! I made them for you all! They're from me! Me, me, me, me, me!" she said excitedly while popping around her friends, who looked surprised and confused at her, except for Knuckles, who looked at her neutrally. "Me! Me! Me! They were from me! Izzy! Izzy! I-I-I-Izzy! Me, me, me!" she kept saying.

"Uhhhh…" the rest said confused.

"Well, that didn’t took so long" Knuckles said with a neutral expression.

"Hah!" Izzy cheered as she hopped on the couch and opened up her new diary and cleared her throat, starting to write down in her diary. "Dear diary... Whew! Keeping a secret is hard work!" she said aloud as she wrote it down, but then realized her mistake, turning around and seeing her friends still looking at her. "Oh. Wait, did I say that out loud?" she asked with a sheepish smile.

"Yup" Sonic said with a side smile, while the others just laughed it up.

Outside the Brighthouse, Kenneth and his bird partner were on a tree branch as they each hold out a gift for each other, then they chirped and hugged happily together.

THE END

Author's Note:

I wanna thank JesusG0987 for suggesting me the idea of today's chapter with Team Sonic. It really helped me out, buddy! Thanks! :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next