• Published 14th Sep 2022
  • 2,178 Views, 591 Comments

Sonic The Hedgehog x My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale - BronySonicFan



Living in Maretime Bay, our Pony BESTIES are having a ton of fun together! And with so many Mobians in the crew: Adventures, wacky situations and tons of more fun are guaranteed!

  • ...
14
 591
 2,178

PreviousChapters Next
9. It's T.U.E.S. Day

In the Crystal Brighthouse, balloons and streams were on the floor, and Izzy chanted and scatted in excitement."It's T.U.E.S. Day! Woohoo!" she cheered and chanted with joy. "Uni-KA! Uni-KO! Uni-FA! Uni-FO! Uni-MEE! Uni… MOH!" she ended with a holler that caused the brighthouse to shake.

Sunny, Zipp and Pipp looked at Izzy strangely for a moment while they ate their breakfast. "Uh... No, Izzy. It's Thursday" she pointed out, not getting what Izzy meant. Then she looked at the time and saw it was about to be 9 and gasped. "Aah! And I'm late to open the smoothie court!" she cried out, as Zipp and Pipp saw the time as well and ran off to their daily routines.

"Ugh! The pegasus marathon already started!" Zipp cried out as she put her things for the marathon in her bag.

"Mane Melody can't open without the mane attraction!" Pipp boasted as she put some make up on her face.

"No, it's T.U.E.S. Day. T. U. E. S. The Unicorn Expression of Sparkle Day! A special day for every unicorn…" Izzy tried to explain what she was talking about, but the rest were too busy trying to get ready for the day. Sunny got into her roller skates and, alongside with Zipp and Pipp, ran out the door since they were late, leaving Izzy alone and sad. " ...and their friends..." she finished with a sigh. She walked over the table and looked at her reflection in a cereal with a sad face. "I miss Bridlewood. earth ponies and pegasi are great and all, but it'd be nice to make another unicorn friend..." she said with sadness. Then, something came to her mind, thinking on somepony, or better say some-hedgehog. "Maybe Sonic is free! I hope he let me explains properly..." she said, and then trotted upstairs to the bedroom.


Meanwhile, Sonic was with one Chaos Emeralds on each hand, with his electrical powers activated, as he was trying to make the Emeralds glow and shine again. But as it has been happening since the Emeralds created the map two months ago, they were not shining anymore, not even with his new powers.

"Did something changed?" Hitch asked on the other side of Sonic's cellphone, since they were talking by a normal call 'cause Hitch needed to attend his work in a few minutes, so Sonic couldn't be on the station.

"No..." Sonic answered with disappointment. "This is starting to worry me, Hitch. There's no sign of the Emeralds activating again. I've tried everything I now, even shouting 'Chaos Control', but nothing happens! And I'll already looked under every unknown place of Equestria, and yet haven't find the other two Emeralds..." he explained with worry, as he get close to a copy of the map he had - since Hitch had the original one - and marked an 'X' on another location.


In the station, Hitch did the same on the same spots of the map that Sonic told him to. "And we haven't found out anything about this Opaline nor the Castle they live on..." Hitch stated, looking worried at the board with all the information he and Sonic have gathered over the past 5 months. "We're approaching the dead end, aren't we?" Hitch asked concerned.


"I'm afraid so..." Sonic answered back on the Brighthouse. "I think we should leave it for today, Hitch. You have to work, and I really need to clear my mind..." he stated, while rubbing his eyes with one hand.

"Ok then. See you later, Sonic" Hitch said.

"See ya..." Sonic said back, and finished the call. He putted his phone back on his quills, then putted the Emeralds on the bag and hided it under the mattress. Once he putted the mattress on place, he sighed and leaned on the bed, looking at the ceiling and wondering why the Emeralds weren't working anymore.

A moment later, Izzy came into the bedroom with a smile and found Sonic laying on his bed. Sonic heard the door opening, and sat down, wondering why Izzy was so excited.

"Morning, Izzy. What brought you up here?" Sonic asked with a smile.

"Hey, Sonic! Do you, uh, wanna celebrate T.U.E.S. Day with me?" Izzy asked, while Sonic looked at her in confusion, then stood up and walked towards her.

"I thought today was Thursday..." Sonic said while scratched his head, not getting what she meant.

"Not Tuesday, silly. T.U.E.S. Day" Izzy corrected. "It is short for ‘The Unicorn Expression of Sparkle Day’! It's a special day for every unicorn to celebrate friendship with their friends!" she added with a squeal, then made the motto she did earlier. "Uni-KA! Un-KO! Un-FA! Un-FO! Un-MEE! Un… MOH!!!" she said the last part with a holler that shook the room as she finished with a smile.

"So that was what made the room shake before..." Sonic said while he scratched an ear. "Never heard about that, but I gotta say that a free day with your friends sounds like fun. Do the rest know about this?" he asked with curiosity.

"No..." Izzy said in a sad tone. "I tried to tell them what the holiday meant, but they thought I was talking about the day of the week. And when I tried to explain it, they just ran off in a hurry since they have plans today, they didn’t even stop to listen to me when they were in a hurry!" she said with sadness and sat down. "And I know Hitch will be busy with his job as a sheriff, so he’s out of the question..." she finished.

Sonic looked at her and felt bad, but also a bit mad that his friends didn't even took a moment to listen to Izzy. "Man, that sucks. I get they were late and all, but listening for a moment wasn't going to kill them" Sonic said out loud with a little anger, then looked back at Izzy and smiled. "Lucky for you, I'm totally free today, and I'm not starting to work until next week" he pointed out to his schedule. "Besides, you say it yourself, it's a special day for unicorns and their friends, and I'm your friend after all" he stated with a smile.

Izzy's eyes sparkled, and she started to jump in excitement. "Really?! Thank you so much, Sonic!" she called out, as she hugged Sonic very tight.

"Anything for my friends!" he replied, trying to catch up his breath. "Now, could you let me go so we can enjoy the day?" he asked, wanting to feel his breath again.

"Oh, right, sorry!" she said in embarrassment, as she let Sonic go, who sighed in relief and caught his breath.

"Great... Now, let's go out and have some fun!" he yelled in excitement, as both he and Izzy ran off to the main door and shut it.


At Mane Melody, Izzy was having pedihoofs and giggled at her hooves having rainbow colors. Sonic, on the other hand, was getting a little massage on his back from Rocky.

"This is goooooood" Sonic said with satisfaction as Rocky massaged his back.

While Izzy giggled at her pedihoof, Pipp watched from a little distance at the two having fun, and frowned since she though this looked very much like a date for her.


Later, Sonic and Izzy were in the movie theaters, with Posey being behind them, watching the ponyfied version of Transformers, 'Trottformers'.

Sonic and Izzy saw the leader of the Trottformers, the ponyfied Optimus Prime named 'Optimare Prime', giving orders. "Trottformers... Roll out!" he called out to his offscreen comrades.

"Wow!" Izzy cheered as she giggled at the movie.

"Man, this movie is already better than the Michael Bay movies back home, and that's saying a lot!" Sonic joked, as he ate some popcorn.

"Autobots... Transform!" Optimare Prime announced in the movie, and Posey fell to the ground with a groan as she hit the floor with a thud. Sonic and Izzy turned to see what was the sound, but found nothing and resumed watching the movie.

Izzy drank some grape soda and tossed the empty can away, hitting Posey in the head.

"Ugh..." Posey groans from being hit with a can.


A while later, Izzy and Sonic were at a spaghetti restaurant as Izzy ate some from her muzzle, but when she got her head up, a whole tomato on the spaghetti got caught on her horn, which she didn’t notice.

Sonic laughed at Izzy's horn with the tomato. "What?" Izzy asked in confusion.

"Ahahah! Look at your horn, Izz!" Sonic said while laughing.

Izzy looked at her horn and realized why Sonic was laughing in the first place. She then snorted and laughed with Sonic, since she also find it hilarious.

Hitch, who was doing his rounds around the town, noticed the unicorn and the hedgehog having so much fun, and then smiled.

"Hmm… I wonder what got those two happier than usual... " Hitch wondered, since he knew they were both usually hyperactive and optimistic, but today they were more happier.


Later, Sunny was blending her fruits to make smoothies when Sonic and Izzy came to the booth.

"Two strawberry sunshines, please!" Izzy requested.

"Coming right up!" Sunny said, as she blended the smoothies together. When she turned to the front of the boot, she saw Izzy and Sonic in front of her. "Oh, hey, guys. Nice to see you!" she said with a smile, then noticed Izzy's pedihoof and that Sonic was wearing one of Izzy's friendship bracelets, because Izzy gave it to the hedgehog as a thank you for pass the day with her. "Wow, seems like you guys are having fun" she commented.

"You bet!" Sonic said with a smile. "A day at Mane Melody, a movie, some lunch, and now smoothies. We're having tons of fun today!" he assured.

"Well, is good to see you two having fun" Sunny assured with a smile. "Although, you are way too happy today..." she finished while raising an eyebrow and giving the smoothies to them.

"Thanks, Sunny!" Izzy thanked as she and Sonic grabbed their smoothies and Sonic gave some bits to Sunny to pay for the smoothies.

"Happy T.U.E.S. Day!" both Izzy and Sonic said as they walked away with a smile.

Sunny giggles at Izzy. "Sonic, I think Izzy got you confused. It's Thursday today, not Tue--" she was saying, but that's when she realized what Izzy really meant. "OH! T.U.E.S. Day!" she cried out as she went through her stuff she kept in her bag, looking for the journal as she completely forgot about the holiday.

"Say, Sonic. Wanna race back to the Brighthouse?" Izzy asked with a smirk and her smoothie floating with her magic.

"Oh, it's on!" Sonic said as he smirked back.

Sonic and Izzy started to run away in a playful way, as they passed by Hitch and Zipp. "Anypony think Izzy and Sonic are even more energetic than usual today?" Hitch asked in confusion.

"Yeah. I was flying and I thought I saw them hang out the whole day having fun" Zipp commented as she chuckled. "I mean, I know those two are very energetic, but today is different..." she added.

"Well, if you think about it, Sonic was Izzy's very first friend. And... Izzy is also the first friend that Sonic made when he arrived..." Hitch spoke out in realization. "Perhaps they're just bonding their relation a little bit more" he theorized.

"Yeah, yeah. How cute..." Pipp said a little mad, as she came next to Hitch and Zipp with a frown. "They arrived to Mane Melody earlier, and they were having a good time..." she explained with a little of disappointment, which caused Hitch and Zipp to look at each other, feeling worried that Pipp may have misinterpreted things.

Sunny found her book and brought it down on the counter and opened it. She looked through it and then found what she was looking for. "See? Today isn't Tuesday" she told her friends in front of her with a smile.

The three looked at her with smiles. "Yes, Sunny. We know" Pipp said with a smile.

Zipp smirked. "I think she's forgetting the week too" she said to Pipp as she turned to Sunny with her hoof raised. "How many hooves am I holding up?" she asked with a smile.

"No, today isn't Tuesday. It's T.U.E.S. Day. The Unicorn Expression of Sparkle Day!" Sunny explained them as her friends looked on in shock. "I can't believe I forgot! It's a special day for unicorns to celebrate friendship" she told them with a smile.

That's when they realized what Izzy really meant in the morning. "Oh! That’s why those two were having fun all day together. Izzy must’ve told Sonic about T.U.E.S. Day!" Hitch said.

"Wait... so they were just celebrating?" Pipp asked in disbelief, now feeling guilty of misunderstanding the situation.

"Guys... we have to make it up to her... to both of them" Sunny stated with confidence, as the other nodded.


Later that evening, Izzy and Sonic were walking back to the Crystal Brighthouse as Izzy grunted and sat down in front of the Brighthouse door.

Sonic came and sat down in front of her. "Told ya all that pasta was going to hurt later" Sonic said with a little smile.

"Sorry, Sonic. I should not have had all that pasta..." Izzy apologized, as she rubbed her belly to ease the ache a bit. "We had a fun day, Sonic" she said to him.

"We sure did" Sonic replied with a smile, but then frowned when he remembered that the rest of their friends didn’t join them. "But it would been even better with the rest" he said with a sad look.

"Yeah..." Izzy said in agreement as she frowned a bit. "It just doesn't feel like T.U.E.S. Day without my frie--OUAUGH!" Izzy cried out as the door suddenly opened and she fell on her back.

Sonic saw this, and immediately ran towards her. "Everything okay, Izz?" he asked her.

"I’m fine, but who opened the door?" Izzy asked as she and Sonic saw their friends circle around them with smiles.

"Happy T.U.E.S. Day! Uni-KA! Uni-KO! Uni-FA! Uni-FO! Uni-GO!" Sunny, Hitch, Zipp, and Pipp all cheered in unison as they repeated Izzy's chant from the morning.

Izzy smiled at her friends as they now remember, but Sonic was still a bit mad. "Aw, you ponies remembered? Uh, did you just pretend to forget?" she asked them with a smile, thinking that her friends were just playing tricks on her.

"Yeah, did you just casually remembered the holiday now?" Sonic asked with an accusing look.

Sunny and the others looked at each other with guilts on their faces as Sunny spoke out. "Well... No. We forgot" Sunny confessed to Izzy and Sonic, then got in front of them while Izzy got back up. "We are all still learning about everypony's special days, and I guess we need to try a bit harder" she finished with an embarrassed smile.

"We're sorry, guys" Pipp apologized with a smile.

"Sorry" Zipp added with a smile.

"We'll do better, I promise" Hitch finished as the four friends smiled.

"But we were thinking... Maybe there's still time to do our own T.U.E.S. Day! All together?" Sunny asked as she and her friends wanted to make up for Izzy and Sonic.

"Are you kidding?! Me and Sonic had a whole day of fun and now we get to do it all again with you ponies?!" Izzy asked them in excitement as her friends nodded their heads.

"I don't know..." Sonic said suddenly with his eyes closed and his arms crossed, which caused the rest to feel surprised. "You guys were in a hurry this morning, and I understand it, but c'mon guys, just giving a few seconds to Izzy for explaining wasn't gonna kill you" he stated with a frown, but then smiled after a few seconds. "However, I see that you want to make it up, so... What the heck? Let's do it!" he stated with a big smile now.

"Woo! This is the best T.U.E.S. Day ever!" Izzy cheered as the Mane 5 and Sonic smiled together and started music with flashing lights inside the Brighthouse, having a party together.

THE END

PreviousChapters Next