• Published 14th Sep 2022
  • 2,178 Views, 591 Comments

Sonic The Hedgehog x My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale - BronySonicFan



Living in Maretime Bay, our Pony BESTIES are having a ton of fun together! And with so many Mobians in the crew: Adventures, wacky situations and tons of more fun are guaranteed!

  • ...
14
 591
 2,178

PreviousChapters Next
39. Under the Mistytoe

Author's Note:

Apparently, this episode happened at the same time than the Winter Wishday episode ending, so I decided to change it and adapt it so it can be more fitting with what I wrote there.

The Marestream landed in front of the Brighthouse, and the whole gang sins Sonic got out of it to see an explosion in the air.

"Do you see him?!" Pipp asked in worry and concern.

The gang looked around for Sonic, until Sunny managed to see a pink light coming from the sky. "There!" she said, pointing with her hoof at the direction of the pink light.

Sonic, who transformed into a pink variation of Super Sonic using the only Chaos Emeralds they had, descended in slow paste, until he finally touched the ground, where he couldn't take the power of the Emeralds anymore and he let them go. The Emeralds feel in the ground, and Sonic fell on his knees as he started to cough and breath heavily.

As the group moved towards their hedgehog friend, at the front of the Marestream, a bush stood up with hooves under it. It walked further away from the Marestream, then a pony poked their head out of the bush, revealing themself to be Misty.

"Awww. Look at their matching hats. They look so cute!" Misty said with a smile. "But why are they so worried, tho?" she wondered, raising an eyebrow.

And then, she saw Dr. Eggman talking to the group from his Eggmobile, then flying away, pretty much towards Opaline's Castle.

Misty's amulet clicked open, and Opaline appeared while giving a look at the Mane 5 and Team Sonic gathered, watching the direction where Eggman boosted away. "Ivo?" she asked with a scoff. "What was he doing here?" she questioned with a glare.

Misty shrugged, while Opaline rolled her eyes. Then, she noticed the group's outfits and scoffed again.

"What are those ridiculous things on their heads?" Opaline questioned while giving a distasteful look.

"Oh, yeah..." Misty said with a nervous chuckle. "Must be an earth pony Wishday thing" she suggested.

Opaline groaned after hearing that. "Silly ponies and their pointless holiday traditions. It's sad really: All that power, no intellect" she said with a smirk.

"Yeah..." Misty said with a nervous laugh, also clearing her throat. "So sad" she added, now looking with sadness at the ground.


At the top of the Brighthouse, the Mane 5, Sparky and Team Sonic gathered around, looking at the sky as the Wishing Star came closer to them.

"Okay, everypony! Get ready to make your wish!" Sunny announced, while her friends grew excited. "Three, two, one!" she counted down, smiling with sparkling eyes at the night sky.

Just then, the Wishing Star appeared and flew above the Brighthouse, giving a shimmering glow while the group looked and spoke in awe at the Wishing Star. Suddenly, the Brighthouse shoot out a rainbow while the Mane 5’s Cutie Marks glow as well. Them, their magic shootout and merged with the rainbow while the Unity Crystals start to resonate as well, merging together as the Wishing Star stood in place and began to glow brightly with a rainbow circling around it, then the Unity Crystals suddenly projected the Mane 5 Cutie Marks in the sky, and soon enough, Team Sonic's faces as well.

Misty and Opaline saw the whole thing, with Misty looking on in awe. "Wow! Look at that!" she said in amazement with sparkling eyes, but then noticed how Opaline didn't respond. "Uh, Opaline? Are you okay?" she asked.

Opaline stared in shock at the whole spectacle, trying to process what she just witnessed. "Did you see that?! That magic! That power!" she cried out in rage, while Misty grew nervous at Opaline's sudden outburst. "It should be mine! All mine! All I need is that dragon fire, and then my powers can finally be restored to their full strength!" she called with wide eyes and an evil smile, also getting closer to Misty's face, who looked at her scared and nervous. "And you are going to make that happen... or else" she warned, while Misty began to sweat nervously as Opaline went back into the amulet, leaving Misty a bit nervous now.


A little bit later, Misty disguised herself in a giant present and got in front of the Brighthouse. She sticked her hoof in a secret hole and rang the doorbell before putting her hoof back inside.

"... take me on a sleigh, hey!" Izzy sang as she opened the door and saw the big present right in front of her, which caused her to smile with sparkling eyes. "Ooh! Another present!" she said cheerfully as she read the card on the present. "'Do not open until tomorrow morning.' Ooh, mysterious!" she added excited, then levitated Misty's disguise present with her magic, but struggled since the present was heavy. "What is... in here?" she asked as she got the present inside the Brighthouse.

In the Brighthouse’s main room, the rest of the group were playing around with the 'cloud gifts' Izzy brought out with a smile, while Sparky played in one of the boxes and Pipp smiled at him cutely.

Then, Knuckles turned and noticed Izzy struggling at the box, so he ran towards her and stood down the box to lift it.

"Huh" Izzy said, not noticing Knuckles helping yet. "Suddenly it doesn't feel heavy anymore..." she said, then noticed Knuckles lifting the box as well. "Oh, thanks Knuckie!" she said with a bright smile.

Knuckles gulped and blushed a bit before smiling back. "A-Anytime, kid" he said, but as soon as Izzy let her magic go, Knuckles felt his muscles almost cracking by the weight of the box. "Holy s––" he almost said.

"E for everyone, Knux" Sonic said with a glare, suddenly zooming to his face and showing a sign with the letter 'E' on it. "Rated 'E' for everyone" he reminded again in a whisper, then boosted back with the others.

Knuckles just gave a bored expression and walked a bit forward before putting the present in the ground. "What the heck is inside this box, anyway?" he questioned.

Pipp suddenly came to them and looked at the big present excited with sparkling eyes. "Ooh, this big one must be for me!" she said cheerfully.

Inside the fake present, Misty grew nervous, afraid that Pipp will open the present and not only ruin her mission of capture Sparky, but also make her explain why she's in there, probably making her expose herself and tell that she's working with Opaline and Eggman.

But, just as Pipp was about to touch the present, Izzy got in front of her and glared. "Hooves off this one, Pipp" she called out before smiling. "Can't be opened 'til tomorrow morning. Check the label" she explained, showing the card to Pipp to prove her point.

"Awwww. Sad" Pipp said with a down expression.

Then, Sonic came by and patted her back. "Don't worry, Little Pipp" he told her with a smile. "Let's just follow up Izzy's game and open the present tomorrow" he added with a wink.

Pipp blushed a bit, but smiled back as well and nodded. "Sounds good" she said, then took out her phone and took a quick selfie with the gift and moved towards the fireplace zone to publish it on her media, standing down a mistletoe without noticing it.

"Phew. That was close" Misty muttered inside the box, relieved that she didn’t got caught.

"I see where are you going, Princess" Sonic said on a mocking tone. "Okay! I'll please you this time only" he stated, standing up and walking towards Pipp.

Misty heard hid voice, and out of curiosity, he opened the hole she used to ring the bell before and looked at Sonic, laying on the wall near the fire place with a relaxed smile, while Pipp kept looking at her phone. She also noticed the mistletoe and gasped quietly, knowing what was going to happen.

"You know, Little Pipp..." Sonic called out, while Pipp finally noticed him, so she putted her phone aside and payed attention to him. "You still owe me something" he said, now looking at her.

"I do?" Pipp asked confused. "What?" she questioned.

Instead of replying with words, Sonic stood in front of her and pointed upwards with his finger. Pipp looked up and finally noticed the mistletoe as well.

"Hang on, isn't that a mistle––" Pipp tried to ask... but then her words were cut off when Sonic kissed her.

It took Pipp completely off guard that she didn't knew how to react, her eyes were simply widely open, her wings opened and her face turned red entirely.

Sunny, Izzy and Tails gasped in both shock and excitement at Sonic's move, while Knuckles and Hitch looked on with their jaws dropped and Zipp just smirked at them.

Tails snapped a picture of Sonic and Pipp's kiss down the mistletoe. "I'm definitely mocking them with this!" he stated.

Misty smiled and giggled a bit at the sight. "These two are surely taking their time to confess to each other!" she muttered.


Sometime later, the Mane 5, Knuckles, Cloudpuff and Sparky were sleeping in the living room on their sleeping bags.

Then, Misty looked through the hole, and once she saw that the coast clear, she squeezed through the whole with effort until she got out of the present and fell to the floor. She immediately got up and covered her mouth with her hooves to stay quiet before waking anyone up.

"What am I doing? These ponies are so nice" Misty said to herself with a guilty expression, but then she shook her head and focused back on her task. "Oh, come on, Misty! You get Opaline that dragon, you get a Cutie Mark and Eggman congratulates you for your efforts! Stay focused!" she said to herself with a determinate expression.

Misty sneakily went through the room to look for Sparky while Izzy and Knuckles were snoring, as Izzy was wrapped on Knuckles' right arm and muttered something about glitter. Suddenly, she turned to Misty's side, which made Misty duck a bit in panic, thinking Izzy was about to wake up, but realized that Izzy was still asleep since she still snored.

Then, Misty sneaky went past Pipp, who was sleeping peacefully next to Sonic's empty sleeping bag, as she snored a bit, which made Misty freeze on place. "Oh yes, Blue Star. Please do it" she muttered in her sleep with a chuckle, tucking herself more in her blanket.

"Yuck!" Misty muttered with a disgusted expression, passing by the sleeping pegasus and continuing her search for Sparky. She went to where Hitch was sleeping for the night in the Critter Corner, since it was late for him to go back to the station.

And then, Misty heard a rustling sound as she turned to Izzy's crafting table and smiled when she saw Sparky, eating a ball of yarn and burping out a dragon fire with his eyes opened up. Misty grew nervous, thinking Sparky was waking up, but then the baby dragon continued to eat the ball yarn. Apparently, he was sleeping walking and eating at the same time.

"Hmmm…" Misty hummed to herself, with an idea forming on her head. "I know just how to get that little dragon's attention" she declared with an evil smirk, as rubbing her hooves evilly the same way Eggman taught her to do so.


Later on, Misty baked a fresh donut and hided behind a counter with an evil smirk.

Then, Sparky sleepwalked towards the donut by following the smell, snoring and mumbling about something as he climbed up the counter and chomped on the donut face first.

Misty smiled, seeing her plan working out, then she released a rope and a net was about to fell over Sparky, but the baby dragon finished his donut and blew his dragon fire on the net, which turned into cupcakes. Sparky laughed happily and grabbed some of the cupcakes, then got down of the counter and walked off.

Misty groaned in sadness, seeing that her first plan failed and got turned into cupcakes... literally.


A little bit later, Misty tried out the classic lured prey by following a food trail to get trapped in a box, with Misty using mini sandwiches pieces as a trail to lure Sparky in.

Misty then hid behind the counter again with a rope to the stick holding one edge of the box. She gave an evil smirk, pretty confident that this plan will work out.

Sparky came walking by, still snoring as he ate the sandwich trail while sleepwalking, getting closer to the box trap. Misty smiled, really confident that this was it, she finally will capture Sparky, but then the baby dragon grabbed the stick holding the box and he chomped on the stick, splitting it in half.

"What?!" Misty asked in disbelief from what just happened, and wondered why Sparky would eat a stick. "Ugh!" she groaned in frustration, reaching the limit of her patience.

She then zipped out of the counter and tried to grab Sparky, tired of doing silly plans and now getting straight to the point.

Sparky started to run in his sleep while an irritated Misty chased him around, and Sparky's yarn ball, that he was chewing on earlier, rolled ahead of them. Misty ran back around and looked to see where Sparky ran off too with an irritated look.

Suddenly, something behind Misty at Izzy’s crafting table came rushing into it as a can of spray rolled across the floor. Misty turned and gave an evil smile, then rushed to the crafting table and looked at the shadowy figure, thinking it's Sparky.

"Gotcha!" Misty called out as she came over it with a red sack, trapping what she believes is Sparky inside as she made it to the door, bringing out her own winter hat with a smile, thinking she finally succeeded on her task.

But as soon as she was about to open the door, one of them slammed on her face and got her behind it, while Sonic entered the Brighthouse with a tired expression as he carried a sleepy Tails on his back. They were outside, sending their letter to Longclaw on a floating lantern, and after a while, Tails felt sleepy, so Sonic decided to carry him back, but Tails eventually fell asleep.

"Can't believe you can handle both me and Knuckles in the air, but I can barely carry you around anymore" Sonic muttered to the already asleep Tails on his back, approaching to Tails' sleeping back besides Zipp and placing the young fox over it with a smile, also covering him with his blanket.

Misty got out from behind the door a bit dizzy, then she shook her head and noticed Sonic awake. She panicked, and quickly got out of the Brighthouse, slamming the door a bit in the process.

No one but Sonic seemed to notice that, and the hedgehog turned towards the door, finding Sparky still sleepwalking and trying to chomp the yarn ball.

"Sparky, what are you doing here?" Sonic asked with a little smile, grabbing the baby dragon and putting him back with Hitch on the Critter Corner. "There you go, little guy. Sweet dreams" he wished to him.

After that, he walked to his sleeping bag at Pipp's side, and then he saw the Memorial Christmas Tree for Longclaw on a corner, and smiled sadly again.

"Good night to you too, Longclaw. Wherever you are" Sonic muttered.

After that, he covered himself on his blanket over his sleeping bag, closed his eyes and fell asleep almost immediately.


At Opaline’s castle, Opaline was surprisingly wearing a Wishday green hat and coat as she sang happily to herself.

"Dragon fire, dragon fire. That's what I desire––" Opaline sang happily to herself.

It seems she do loves holidays. But of course, big bad girl, wants to steal magic, she's an evil alicorn, blah, blah, blah... You get why she wants to hide it from Misty, right?

Suddenly, the door opened and Misty came in with a smile. "Opaline!" she called out happily, which startled Opaline from Misty’s sudden appearance.

Not wanting Misty to see her hat nor hear her singing, she quickly took off the green hat and coat with a nervous smile while sweating nervously as well. "Misty! I, uh... Well, I wasn't expecting you back so soon" she said nervously.

"Clearly" Misty said with a raised eyebrow. "Were you just... singing?" she asked confused.

Opaline laughed and sweated nervously. "No! What?! Of course not!" she stammered nervously, while Misty placed the bag with 'Sparky' in it down. "Singing? Me? You must be hearing things again" she stated, before gasping when she saw the red bag. "Is that what I think it is?!" she asked hopefully with a smile.

"Open it" Misty instructed with a smirk, thinking that she will love what's coming.

Opaline gasped with joy, as she walks towards the bag with a smile. "After all these moons, finally I have what I need to resume my rightful place as the most powerful Fire Alicorn in history!" she said evilly with an evil smile.

But when she opened the bag, Cloudpuff came out of it, who is still wearing his bed mask over his eyes as he barked to her. Opaline looked on in shock with her jaw hanging as Cloudpuff kept barking and hit Opaline's face, which gave her an irritated look as she and Misty looked at Cloudpuff running around.

"What is that?" Opaline asked irritated, while Misty looked on in shock as she looked at the sack, realizing she caught the wrong creature. "Does that look like a dragon to you, Misty?" she sarcastically asked Misty with a glare, while Misty sweated nervously and the evil alicorn groaned in frustration. "Can't you do anything right?!" she asked in rage as she got closer to Misty’s face with an angry look, while the unicorn cringed fearfully from that.

"It was dark!" Misty tried to explain while tears were forming in her eyes. "I-I thought it was the dragon! I'm sorry, Opaline!" she apologized, while Opaline trembled and tried to keep her rage in check with her back turned to Misty.

"Well, don't just stand there" Opaline said as she turned to Misty. "Get it OUT OF HERE!!!" she yelled out in rage while pointing at Cloudpuff, who is still running around the room.

Misty got scared of Opaline’s outburst and rushed off to catch Cloudpuff and return to him to the Brighthouse, while the dog ran around barking and Misty fell to the floor when she tried to catch him.

Opaline facehoofed and groaned, not only from Misty’s screw up but also annoyed about Misty’s trouble at catching that dog.

Then, because of all the noise, Eggman opened his lab's door and stared daggers at the mares. He was wearing blue pajamas with his logotype all over, as well as a hat that matched his clothes and pink slippers. He also had curlers on his mostache for some reason, and he wasn't wearing neither his gloves nor his glasses, which made his angry stare a lot more terrifying.

"What's with all this noise that you two won't let me sleep?!" Eggman shouted in anger, while both Opaline and Misty looked at him, both scared and confused, since they didn't expected to see Eggman wearing pijamas.

Cloudpuff, however, kept running around and barking, finally calling Eggman's attention.

"Opaline... what is the dog of the influencer pegasus doing here?" Eggman asked with a bored tone and expression.

"Ask Misty" Opaline replied, glaring daggers at Misty, who gulped nervously.

"Misty?" Eggman called out with a raised eyebrow. "What happened?" he added.

Misty chuckled nervously as she looked around and sweated. "W-Well... t-the thing is..." she said, before explaining the whole thing to Eggman.


The next morning, back at the Brighthouse, Izzy opened the door after the doorbell rang again and saw nopony but a small present in front of her.

"Ooh, another present?" Izzy asked with a smile, as she went to the side of the present and read the card on it. "'Open immediately.' Don't mind if I do!" she said with a smirk, opening the present and seeing Cloudpuff in it as he barked happily, while his sleeping mask came off.

It seems that the only way Misty could return Cloudpuff was the same way she got inside of the Brighthouse the first time.

"Cloudpuff?!" Izzy asked happily after a little gasp, while Cloudpuff jumped out of the box and onto Izzy's hoof as he licked her cheeks and landed back on the ground. "Ooh! How'd you get in a box?" she wondered before she gasped again. "I was in a box once. It's so fun" she said to the dog with a smile, then she and Cloudpuff went back inside the Brighthouse as the door closed.

THE END

PreviousChapters Next