• Published 14th Sep 2022
  • 2,177 Views, 591 Comments

Sonic The Hedgehog x My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale - BronySonicFan



Living in Maretime Bay, our Pony BESTIES are having a ton of fun together! And with so many Mobians in the crew: Adventures, wacky situations and tons of more fun are guaranteed!

  • ...
14
 591
 2,177

PreviousChapters Next
24. Starscout Code

It was a nice day in the Brighouse, while the Mane 5 and Team Sonic were doing a little spring cleaning in the place, also helping Sunny to organize some things in the process.

Sunny and Tails walked to the center of the living room and watched with a smile a their friends helping with the cleaning. "Gotta love spring cleaning" she commented.

"Absolutely!" Tails said with smile, holding a list and a pencil. "And nothing beats cleaning in the organized way!" he added.

Then, Sunny saw Zipp holding her old roller skates when she was a filly. "Aw. My first roller skates. Keep" she said with a smile, spinning one of the wheels that popped out and hit Sunny in the forehead before bouncing and crash into something. "Or maybe recycle" Sunny said with a sheepish smile.

Pipp picked up a big hat, which she find weird that Sunny even had. "Donate!" Sunny suggested.

"Izzy! What do you wanna do with all these nosy-glowy gems?" Hitch asked, as he walked in with a box with gems on his back.

"Sorry, Hitch. We asked for those, actually" Sonic said with a sheepish smile, while he grabbed the box and ran upstairs to put it on Tails working desk.

"Yeah, we still need to do more tests on a portal to get home..." Tails said with a nervous chuckle. "If we can make it work, that is, and if we already defeated Eggman, of course" he added.

"Okay..." Hitch said a little doubtful. "But, where is Izzy anyway?" he asks out as the rest looked around for their unicorn friend, while Pipp was wearing the hat to post a picture to her Pippsqueaks. "Uh, Izzy?!" Hitch called out again.

Then they heard someone grunting and looked upstairs to find Izzy trying to open a closet with her teeth. "Almost got it" Izzy grunted through her teeth.

While the rest looked at her weirdly, Sunny got a worried expression since she knew very well what was in the closet. "Izzy! No!" Sunny called out, but it was too late.

Izzy finally got the closet door open, but then piles of junk bursted out and it rivered downstairs with Izzy in tow, hitting the three ponies and the fox as they screamed.

Izzy popped her head out of the pile and gave her usual cheery smile. "And for my next trick, let's do that again!" she cheerfully said to her friends.

The rest popped out of the junk pile as well, and Tails started to feel anxious. "It was all perfectly organized..." he said with scary and sad tone. "Now we have to start over from scratch..." he said, as he dramatically fainted on the pile.

"How is that you even putted so many stuff in one closet?" Knuckles questioned, as he shook Tails a bit, who started to wake up.

Sunny rubbed her head and then she gave a sheepish smile. "I just couldn’t decide what to throw away or what to keep" she replied a little embarrassed.

"Off topic: should that thing be glowing?" Sonic asked arriving suddenly to Sunny's side and pointing to something that was glowing in the ground.

Sunny walked close to it and unwrapped it, seeing what it looked like an earth pony themed blanket with a throne, crops around, and an earth pony and a equidna that looked like Hitch, his critters and Knuckles. Sunny saw something else behind the blanket when she unwrapped it, which appeared to be a film player. She picked it up to take a closer look at it, but then it fell from her hoof. When it hit the floor, it turned on and showed a film on the wall, of Sunny's father, Argyle Starshine. The rest of her friends, who were near the wall where the film started to play, saw this in shock.

"Surprise, Sunny-Bunny" Argyle said in the film, waving with a smile.

Sunny gasped at the film, since that was an image she hadn't seen in a very long time. "Dad?" Sunny asked with a heartfelt expression as tears formed in her eyes.

"I guess you found the old family blanket. Quite something, isn’t it?" Argyle guessed adjusting his glasses. Sunny walked closer to the film with the same expression, while her friends huddled around her. "It’s actually an ancient pony artifact, passed down from ten generations" he explained the true purpose of the blanket. "Other pieces were hidden in Zephyr Heights and Bridlewood years ago" he said, while Sunny looked at her friends to check if they knew about this, but got a 'no' in reply. "One day, magic will return. And Sunny, I know you will be the one to do it" he said to his daughter, while Sunny gave a teary smile and wiped a tear and her friends looked at her with a smile.

"It's even more happier when you know that it already happened" Sonic said with a smile.

"But even still, it will take the whole family to get the other pieces" Argyle said in the film.

"Whole family?" Sunny asked in confusion, facing the film with teary eyes. "But it’s just me now..." she pointed out with sadness.

The rest of her friends looked at each other, and then gave Sunny a sympathy look, since she doesn’t have any family left by blood.

Zipp turned off the film player, and then sniffed the ancient blanket. "This smells... like a mystery!" she announced with a smile.

Sonic placed his arm around Zipp with a smile and gave the blanket a closer look. "Smells more like an adventure to me!" he announced, as he grabbed the blanket for a moment. "Time for another treasure hunt!" he added, ready for another adventure.

"That’s right, Sonic! Come on, everypony!" Sunny called out, as she placed the blanket on her back and trotted off with the rest of her friends following her.


Later on, Queen Haven, along with Thunder and Zoom, walked around Zephyr Heights peacefully, until they saw the Mane 5 and Team Sonic running towards her.

"What a wonderful surprise" Haven said with a smile, walking close towards her daughters and Team Sonic, being the first ones to arrive.

The rest of the Mane 5 caught up, out of breath since they have to run the rest of the way. "Queen Haven!" Sunny called out through her panting. "We need... to ask you...!" she stopped and showed the blanket to Haven.

"Wow! That blanket!" Haven said, recognizing it. "My throne room hasn't looked like that in centuries! Wherever did you––?" she tried to ask, but got cut off when Zipp zipped in when she mentioned the throne room.

"The throne room! I knew it looked familiar!" Zipp said with a smile. "Thanks, Mom!" she thanked her mother as she and the rest of the Mane 5 zoomed past her to go and get the other piece.

Haven gave a confused look as she watched the Mane 5 go. "Y-You're welcome, darling! I think" she said.

"Excuse them, your majesty" Sonic said, since he and the rest of Team Sonic was still there. "We're on a quest again, but it doesn't need to steal nor brake up anything this time" he assured her with a smile. "Hopefully" he added, now not so sure that nothing would brake.


Later, again, the whole group made it to the throne room, as Sunny looked at the blanket, and then at Haven's throne.

"Huh. I guess that's where the next piece is?" Sunny asked with a little doubt. "How do we––?" she got cut off when Izzy walked by and cleared her throat to gain their attention.

"I've got this, ponies. Open sesa-pony!" Izzy called out as she used her magic to try to levitate Haven’s throne up, but she started to strain since it's too heavy to lift. "Any... minute... now!" she strained as Haven’s throne started rumbling side to side.

Zipp looked on and smirked as she looked at her sister. "Hmmm…" she muttered, using her head to tell Pipp something.

Pipp saw the gesture and gave a smile. "Mom's not going to like this!" she said, then the two sisters flew to the throne.

And now Izzy, Pipp and Zipp were straining while they tried to lift the throne up, but it was still too heavy.

"This is painful to watch" Tails said, as he scratched an arm a little bit.

Sunny watched her friends straining, and then looked at the blanket, focusing on the figure of an earth pony. "Hitch! We need earth pony magic, too!" she said to Hitch.

Hitch walked in front of Sunny with a confident smile on his face. "Say no more, Sunny. Critters, roll out!" Hitch ordered, as two of his crew birds struck a pose beside him before going in front of the throne. "Now... lift!" he ordered, as the two birds tried to lift up the throne, but they suddenly got thrown to the ceiling with the rest watching in surprise.

"Hitch, I, um... meant our other earth pony magic" Sunny pointed out, while the two birds landed on Hitch.

"Yeah, that... makes more sense" Hitch said, giving Sunny a sheepish smile. "Good hustle, team" he said to his critters, thanking them for their efforts.

Sunny and Hitch summoned their earth pony magic as their hooves glowed, and they stomped them down on the ground as vine roots began to lift Haven’s throne a little, but it still didn't got up at all.

Tails then looked at the blanket once again, and noticed something that made him gasp. "Knuckles! We need your muscles too!" he called out to his equidna friend.

"It'll be my pleasure" Knuckles said with a smile, as he cracked his knuckles and got behind the throne. Once he started to grunt, the throne finally started to lift up. Once it elevated completely, it was revealed a new piece of the blanket.

Sunny picked up the piece and unraveled it to see that it has three ponies a hedgehog and a fox, one pony at the bottom that looks like herself in her alicorn form with the hedgehog next to her looking like Sonic, and two pegasi over them that looked like Zipp and Pipp flying alongside the fox, that looked like Tails. Also, this piece was also shining.

Izzy got next to Sunny and she gasped when she saw something familiar on the blanket. "I know that place!" she cheered out, but lost her concentration as the throne stopped levitating and it crashed over Knuckles, breaking into pieces.

The Mane 5 and Team Sonic looked at the destroyed throne worried, but Pipp and Zipp were the most worried ones, as Knuckles pocked his head out of the destroyed throne and looked at it in shock. "Um, we should probably…" Zipp stammered.

"Yes! Let's!" Pipp agreed with her sister.

"Gotta go fast!" Sonic called out as he grabbed Knuckles arm and they all got out of the castle.

The doors of the palace open and Haven came in, then looked in shock at her throne, now destroyed. "My throne! Guards!" she called out, wanting the guards to fix the throne as soon as possible.


A while later, after escaping from Queen Haven’s wrath, Izzy led her friends to another part of Bridlewood, that looked like a swamp with bubbles popping and big crystals all around.

"Ta-daaaaa!" Izzy cheered, but her friends sins Sonic and Knuckles cringed in disgust since they found the swamp disturbing. "I told you! Just like the picture! Now, let's see if I remember how it works..." she said as she came close to the big crystal. "Uhhhh... uni-cadabra!" she called out, and once she touched the crystal, it began to glow and make chiming sounds.

And then, one by one, the crystals all around the area started chiming as well in a pattern.

The rest watched in amazement, and their disgusted thoughts of the place vanishes once they saw the crystals glowing. "Whoa…" Hitch said with awe.

"It's beautiful!" Sunny called out with sparkling eyes.

"I'd say it again: you ponies never cease to impress me!" Sonic complimented with a smile.

"Ready, ponies?" Izzy called out to her friends. "Once I hit the big gem, you have to hit all the others in order, okay?" she instructed them on what to do.

Sunny came next to one gem and hit it as it chimes. "Ohhhh. Like Just Prance!" she clarified, remembering the dancing game she entered to get the Unicorn Crystal.

Hitch touched another crystal, but it glowed in red and made an off-key chime. "Only bigger, harder…" he pointed out.

"And muddier!" Pipp cried out since she got some mud on her hooves, then Sonic came back and cleaned up one of them.

"We've got this" Zipp confidently said to the group.

"Let's do it!" Tails stated with a smile.

"Well then... uni-kazam!" Izzy announced and pressed the big crystal, giving her friends the signal to start.

The Mane 5 and Team Sonic got off on the wrong start since multiple off-key chimed as they hit the wrong crystals.

Sunny looked around following the pattern, until she pointed to one for Zipp to hit, and once she did, a harmonious chime came out of it, saying that it’s the right one. The group looked at each other as they now know what they need to do. Izzy then pressed the big crystal to restart.

This time, the group hit the right crystals since there were multiple harmonious chimes coming out of them.

Pipp and Zipp find the last crystal that needed to be pressed, so they fly off as fast as they could to press it, but then crashed into a bunch of vines that tangled them up.

"Whoa, whoa!" Zipp called out from the vines.

"Ew, ew, ew, ew!" Pipp grossed out to have swamp vines wrap around her.

Sonic saw this and tried to run to hit the last crystal and help the sisters, but his feet got stuck on the mud. "Are you serious? Right now?!" he complained. Then, he remembered that the second piece of the blanket got Tails on it, so he looked at him. "Tails! Try to catch the crystal!" Sonic called out.

Tails then looked at the crystal and gave a determinate look. He prepared his Tails, twirled them around and boosted out flying towards the crystal. Some vines appeared in front of him, but he smirked and used his tails as a pruner to cut the vines out of his way, and then he touched the crystal, sweating a little, but smiling as well since he made it in time. He then looked at the sisters and boosted flying towards them, then used his tails as a pruner again to free them from the vines, and flew back with the rest, as Zipp and Pipp followed him.

"Go, Tails!" Hitch congratulated as they regrouped.

"Did you see that?!" Izzy asked in excitement.

"You did it!" Zipp exclaimed to Tails.

"Way to go, little bro!" Sonic said, as he hugged Tails from the back and the young fox giggled.

"Great work, Tails!" Knuckles congratulated with a smile as well.

But then, rumbling started as a chest came out of the ground and sparkled. Sunny opened the chest and she smiled with sparkling eyes, picking up the last piece of the blanket, that had a picture of Maretime Bay and a unicorn on it that looked like Izzy.


Sometime later, the group returned to the Crystal Brighthouse, and Izzy was putting the pieces of the blanket back together with her sewing skills. While the rest waited, Zipp and Sonic could hardly contain their excitement.

"Is it done? Come on! Let me see!" Zipp said in excitement as she flew around Izzy.

"Please, Izz! I can't take it anymore!" Sonic said with a smile, running around the unicorn.

"And... presto!" Izzy called out as she spread the blanket. Now that they had the full picture, they saw it was a blanket with the Mane 5 and Team Sonic in the three of their tribe's hometowns, with Sunny and Sonic in the middle and Sunny having her Alicorn form.

"Well, that is something" Hitch said in amazement as the blanket glowed.

"It's hooftag #Vintage!" Pipp cheered as she took a selfie with the blanket on her phone.

"It's... us" Sunny said with a smile as they saw the blanket.

"I believe destiny wanted us to reunite, one way or another" Sonic stated with a smile. "I guess ending on Equestria wasn't an accident after all, it was something that had to happen, if this thing was made before we arrived here, of course" he pointed out.

"Like some kind of prophecy?" Tails asked.

"Yeah" Sonic replied with a smile. "Now I feel glad to have activated that machine, except for the part where I scared these two for 6 months" he added, as he hugged both Tails and Knuckles.

Then, Sunny accidentally hit the film player with one of her hind hooves, which resumed Argyle’s filming.

"Now, you're probably thinking our family's a little too small to do all this" Argyle chuckled, as the Mane 5 and Team Sonic watched the film and Sunny paid close attention to her father's words. "And you'd be right. But 'family' is just a fancy word for ponies that always stick together" he said, as he picked up Filly Sunny, wrapped in the blanket as she snuggled close to her father in her sleep, while Sunny watched with a heartfelt expression and tears forming in her eyes. "Your friends can be a family you choose. And Sunny, hoof to heart, I know you'll find that someday" he finished.

Sunny then gave a teary smile to her father, then looked at the rest of her friends who were giving a smile in return, knowing that Sunny has friends to be there for her. Sunny then looked at the film of her father one last time. "I already did, Dad" she said to her father as she smiled tearfully.

The rest got Sunny into a comforting hug, while Argyle gave his young daughter a snuggle in the film.


On a distant hill, were the Brighthouse could be seen in the distance, some kind of robotic camera zoomed on the Mane 5 and Team Sonic hugging, while it looked specifically at Sonic and Sunny, gathering some info on both of them.

It then it's revealed that Metal Sonic, somehow, has reactivated himself, using lots of trash and damaged pieces as body parts, since he was ditched on a dumpster after Team Sonic defeated him on Zephyr Heights.

"Objectives located" Metal said to himself. "Current mission: Kill Sonic the Hedgehog and Sunny Starscout. Mission status: Ongoing. Success rate: 89.4%. Pending missions: Steal the Unity Crystals and the Chaos Emeralds. Current status: damaged, must repair main functions immediately" he said to himself.

He then zoomed back at the Brighthouse, but now at the Unity Crystals, and if he had a mouth, he would be giving a mischievous grin right now.

"Soon enough, I'll get my revenge, Hedgehog" Metal stated with confidence. "And as for you, Sunny Starscout, it would be a pleasure to finally meet you... to bad I'm gonna have to kill you, tho. We won't have enough time to meet each other" he added as he chuckled a little. "Until that moment arrives, enjoy the last few days of peace you and your friends would have..." he finished, as he started to walk away from the place he was standing.

THE END...?

PreviousChapters Next