• Published 17th Jul 2022
  • 229 Views, 1 Comments

Secrets in Gossamar Wings - The Starwolf



Chrysalis realises Thorax's friendship with ponies makes him stronger than she thought. Time for a new plan.

  • ...
 1
 229

A new idea

The Queen. Was. Furious.

Dark teal hair whipped around wildly as Chrysalis thrashed her head around. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN A CHANGLING LEFT THEIR POST?" the Queen bellowed, turning sharply to glare at the odd coloured changling. He was a very deep red, almost black with a red frill and purple eyes and wings. The odd coloured changling sighs.

"He disappeared. He went on late night shift and when his morning replacement came he wasn't at his post." The odd changling explained, looking down. Chrysalis frowns, looking at him carefully.

"You're one of my captains. Pharynx yes?" She hums cooly, noticing the darting eyes of the purple eyes changling. She knew all the tricks and traits of lying. The changling nods respectfully. "Your relation to the run away?" She adds harshly. The changling before her shudders at the order.

"Siblings, My queen. We bonded in the nursery" He explains in his sharp voice, looking down the whole time. Chrysalis ponders this, bonded sibling's are surprisingly rare in changlings, they either have clutch mates or siblings groups. But bonded siblings were closer than most, an almost Twin like connection.

"I see. Unfortunately you know the penalty for abandoning the hive" She growls. Pharynx bows his head, nodding.

"Shall I look for him and kill him myself?" He asks carefully.

"No. I don't tolerate traitors. I'm going to deal with this pest myself" She hisses, wings buzzing in anger. Nearby gaurds quickly jump away in panic at their Queens anger. Pharynx bows his head deeply. "Gather my genrals." She orders, stomping her hoof loudly. She settles down onto her throne as she awaits her trusted genrals.

------------------------------------


A small female changling was buzzing towards the crystal empire, she couldn’t help but drool at the sweet, delicate scent of pure love. She lands just outside the city limits. A few crystal ponies look at her, she felt a wave of love hit her.
"Oh hey thoraaaa-" it trails off.
"Crystal bloom- that's not Thorax-" The trio of crystal ponies freeze, staring at her.
"CHANGLING! RUN!" the third screams. The trio run and the city bursts to life with panic. Gaurds charge towards her. The female changling panics and darts off.

"WAIT! PLEASE STOP!" A soft, cracking voice calls. "I-im sorry about the Kingdom! Their still not used to changlings approaching unhidden!" A male changling buzzes towards the female. His wings glistening oddly in the light. He gestures to the ground. The female hesitates, landing in the cold snow.
"So, what are you doing here? Did you leave too?" He asks softly, a gentle look on his face. The female hesitates.

"So what If I did leave. Why did you leave?" The female shoots back at Thorax. Thorax frowns slightly. The female looks over Thorax. He was bigger than a normal male. He seemed fuller, well fed and muscular. Her eyes widen, his belly was slightly expanded from an excess of love and emotions.

"I never wanted to leave the hive" Thorax sighs, taking the female off gaurd. She gives him a look to prompt him to explain. "I didn't like the aggression from the hive. I wanted to show the Queen that maybe we could find a better way. To live with ponies instead of hurting them!" He explains, sighing sadly. "I miss the hive. While being around so many ponies help, I miss the buzz of the hive" He whimpers, flopping his haunches onto the soft powered snow. He gestures for her to join him. She hesitates, but joins him in sitting in the icy powder. She shudders at the cold. Chrysalis's changlings were from a hot climate, so weren't good with the cold.
Thorax smiles, wrapping a foreleg around her body. She gasps, instead of a smooth carapace like hers, she was greeted with a thin layer of velvety soft fur.

"Fur!? How!?" She gasps, touching his chest; finding thicker fur around his neck and chest. She feels a hearty laugh rumble through thorax's chest.

"We are changlings" He chuckles. "We must change with the environment we live in." He smiles. The female frowns, looking very deep in thought. Only startled out of those thoughts by her stomach growling in hunger.
"Oh! Your hungry! Here! Let me help!" He says quickly, leaning in. She tries to protest, but her words were cut off by his lips. With some manuvering that ran deep in both their instincts, their fangs hooked together, locking in with some hidden grooves. The small female shivers as the warm, fresh love filled her empty stomach. She felt a rush of energy immediately. It was the purest and most raw love she had ever tasted. She relaxed as she felt her social stomach start to fill up. After a few more moments they part. Her social stomach made her look incredibly and heavily pregnant. Thorax only looked a bit thinner.

"Why did you do that? Why give me so much?" She demanded, looking up at the male, who simply smiled softly.

"Your scent gives you away my Queen." He sighs softly. Her eyes widen and she moves back quickly. Her face filled with questions.
"I knew the moment I stopped you. I over fed you because I know the hive needed it. So kill me. I know the punishment." He sighs as he lays in the snow, closing his eyes. Her horn lights up, ready to snuff out his light. But the full warmth in her stomach made her hesitate. He was healthy, full, with plenty extra to share. And this was all because he was friends with ponies. Sure it was a whole kingdom. But she could already see his social stomach starting to fill up again slowly. Maybe there WAS another way. The green glow of her horn disappeared. She stepped away from him.

"Don't leave the crystal empire unless told otherwise." She orders sternly. Thorax looks up her, stunned. He watches silently as she buzzes away. Once out of range of the Kingdom she shifts back into her normal form. She was deep in thought as she headed home to the hive.

A new solution forming in her brain as her anger slowly melted away for the first time in a century.

Comments ( 1 )

Interesting beginning. I do like the idea of Thorax adapting himself to the colder environment with the addition of fur.

Login or register to comment