• Published 9th Jun 2022
  • 685 Views, 24 Comments

Friendship, Love, and Harmony - LovelyFlowerBloom



Aurora Shimmer, a student of Princess Celestia is sent to Ponyville and will soon learn of the Magic and Harmony of Love and Friendship.

  • ...
8
 24
 685

The Changeling Invasion of Ponyville Part 1

Aurora’s eyes gently open as the light coming from her window casts into the room. Aurora blinks rapidly as she notices she’s laying in her bed. She smiles and quickly darts her head up to look at the calendar. On the date she’s currently on, it says: ‘Hearts and Hooves Day’. Aurora gasps in excitement as she jumps out of bed and quickly uses her magic to turn on the lights, “It’s finally the day! It’s…Hearts and Hooves Day!” Aurora cheers, looking closer at the calendar.
On a large table in Aurora’s room, sits a large house-like structure. Out from the hole that’s in place of a door, flies Dusky, rubbing his eyes as he was awoken from his sleep, “Hvad er det denne gang?”
Aurora turns to Dusky in excitement, “Today’s the day, Dusky!”
“What do you mean?” Dusky asks as he flies onto the table and lays down, still determined to get a little more rest before the day begins.
“Today is Hearts and Hooves Day!” Aurora says as she sits in front of her mirror and begins combing her hair.
“Hearts and Hooves Day? I thought you always hated this day.” Dusky says, yawning mid-sentence.
“I used to, yeah.” Aurora says, turning to Dusky, “But this time’s different. Now I have a reason to celebrate it.” Aurora turns to the mirror and looks at her reflection with determination, “Today is the day, Aurora! You’re gonna ask out Twilight Sparkle! And she’s…probably gonna reject you…but that’s okay, because it’s WORTH A TRY!”
Dusky sticks his tongue out in disgust, “Gag, leave me out of your lovey dovey stuff. It’s all you talk about anymore.” Dusky slowly flies back into his little house, placing a tiny ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign outside of it.
Aurora stares deadpan at Dusky’s house before she turns back to her reflection with her determined expression, “You got this, Aurora! Just admit your feelings to her. I think she likes you back…something might grow from it. Just be honest, Aurora. Like Applejack! And…uh…Blossom Night, I guess. Eh, I like the Applejack example better. Just…stop stalling and do it! Alright! Let’s go!” Aurora quickly gets up and finds her way out the door, opening it to see Twilight just about to knock. Aurora goes wide-eyed in surprise, “Twilight! What are you doing here?”
“I’m here to ask if you wanna be my Special Somepony for Hearts and Hooves Day.” Twilight says with a smile.
“Wh-What?!?!” Aurora says, completely in shock and surprise.



Star Dream wakes up, as usual, she’s fully awake as soon as she wakes up, as she usually is. The pegasus pony carefully gets out of the bed and looks at her surroundings. She’s in Fluttershy’s house. Star Dream smiles as she remembers that she spent the night with Fluttershy, the two of them sleeping together. Star Dream walks downstairs to the smell of cooking. As she reaches the base of the stairs, she turns to the right to see the Kitchen. Fluttershy hums an unfamiliar tune as she cooks. Star Dream smiles as she walks into the Kitchen, “Good Morning, Fluttershy.”
Fluttershy turns around to see Star Dream, “Oh! Good morning, Star Dream!”
“What are you making?” Star Dream asks.
“Just a special breakfast. You know what day it is?” Fluttershy says, putting her focus back on the cooking.
“Uh…Thursday?” Star Dream says, unsure.
“No, silly. It’s Hearts and Hooves Day!” Fluttershy says as she finishes the breakfast and takes it to the main room, where she places it on a plate, “There you go.”
“Hearts and Hooves Day, huh?” Star Dream sits on the couch, in front of the plate before she turns to Fluttershy, “You’re not gonna eat?”
“Oh, no. I’m not hungry this morning.” Fluttershy says with a smile.
Star Dream smiles, “Alright.” She turns to her plate and goes wide-eyed. Sitting on her plate…is scrambled eggs. She looks at the eggs, completely speechless.
Fluttershy tilts her head, looking at Star Dream in confusion, “Is something wrong?”
Star Dream turns to Fluttershy, “Uh…no, everything’s alright.”
Fluttershy smiles as she turns and walks to the kitchen in order to wash the pan, “Well…if you need anything. Just let me know.”
Star Dream watches with a smile as Fluttershy enters the kitchen before her smile fades as she turns back to the eggs on her plate. Star Dream continues to look at it with an unsure expression, “How strange. Fluttershy would never make eggs.” Star Dream stares for a moment before she shakes her head, “Oh well, maybe she made an exception for me or something.” Star Dream leans her head forward and begins eating the eggs.





Blossom Night walks up the stairs of Sugarcube Corner and quickly knocks on Pinkie Pie’s door. “Hey, Pinkie! You there?”
A strange noise is heard, some sort of shifting sound that sounded very warped. Pinkie’s voice is heard as she responds, “Coming!” Hoof steps are heard approaching the door as it opens to reveal Pinkie Pie. The pink pony smiles widely, “Hey, Blossom! Are you excited for today?”
Blossom tilts her head in confusion, “Excited?”
“It’s Hearts and Hooves Day, don’t you know?” Pinkie Pie says, raising an eyebrow.
“No.” Blossom shakes her head before she looks at the ground, scratching the back of her head, “I never really ever had a reason to keep track of Hearts and Hooves Day.”
“Well I was hoping we could go out and do something.” Pinkie Pie says, walking out of her room and starting to go downstairs.
“Like what?” Blossom asks, following Pinkie Pie.
“Maybe we can go to the park.” Pinkie Pie says.
“Wouldn’t the Park be really crowded today?” Blossom asks.
Pinkie and Blossom make it to the bottom of the stairs as Pinkie attempts to walk out the door, “Yeah, but what’s wrong with that?” Pinkie stops as she notices Blossom has stopped following her.
Blossom has an eyebrow raised, “I just…don’t really wanna spend a day like this…in a public place. Can’t we just stay here and bake something?”
“Bake?!” Pinkie says, nervously, before she returns to normal, “We bake all the time. We should do something special.”
Blossom looks at Pinkie with suspicion, “Yeah, but…baking is something we always love to do. Besides, we can find a way to make it special. Come on.” Blossom walks to the kitchen.
Pinkie sweats nervously as she follows Blossom Night.






Fluttershy approaches the door, “Maybe we should go to the Park for today.”
“The Park?” Star Dream asks, confused by this, “Wouldn’t the Park be really crowded today? Would you really want to go there?”
“Why not? It could be really fun.” Fluttershy says, turning to Star Dream.
“Maybe we should just stay here.” Star Dream says, approaching Fluttershy and throwing her wing over her, “Just have some time to ourselves. Maybe go feed the birds together?”
“Oh…uh…sure.” Fluttershy says, giving an unsure smile.
Star Dream smiles as she proceeds to walk out the door, “Great, then let’s go outside.”
Fluttershy sighs in annoyance.





“And that’s everything.” Blossom Night says as she sets the baking supplies.
Pinkie Pie sweats as she looks at the baking supplies nervously. She gulps as she turns to Blossom, “Um…maybe we should-”
“How about we each bake something for each other?” Blossom suggests, cutting Pinkie Pie off.
Pinkie puts on a nervous smile as she sweats more, “Well…I was just thinking we shouldn’t take up the kitchen today. Uh…Mister and Misses Cake probably need to use it for orders.”
Blossom flicks her hoof, “Oh nonsense, come on. You start. I’ll go after you.” Blossom smiles, using her magic to place a bowl in front of Pinkie.
Pinkie looks at the bowl nervously before turning back to Blossom. Who’s giving an innocent smile. She looks down at the bowl and smiles nervously, “Uh…I guess I’ll make a cake.”
“Good choice. I always love your cakes.” Blossom says with a cheeky smile.
Pinkie carefully grabs the flour and pours it in the bowl. She turns to Blossom, who’s continuing to stare at the pink pony. Pinkie turns back to the bowl. Her hoof hovers above the rest of the baking materials as she seems unsure of what to choose.


Blossom’s smile fades as her eyes dart up to the cupboards. On top of them is a back of flour. Blossom then focuses on Pinkie Pie’s tails. Blossom thinks for a moment before her horn begins glowing. She grabs onto the flower using magic and slowly slides it off the cupboard, keeping focus on Pinkie Pie’s tail. The flour finally gives into gravity as it collapses to the ground, splashing flour all over the ground. The action of which startles Pinkie. She looks to Blossom, who’s scowling at her. Pinkie gives a smile, “Wow, that scared me.”
“That settles it. What did you do to Pinkie Pie?” Blossom asks, scowling even more as she slowly approaches Pinkie.
Pinkie sweats even more as her eyes dart around the room, “U-Uh…wh-what do you mean?”
“I MEAN…what did you do to Pinkie Pie? Where is she?” Blossom says with hostility in her voice.
“I-I’m right here, silly.” Pinkie says as she points to herself.
Blossom quickly rushes at Pinkie Pie and pins her to the wall, “You may look like Pinkie Pie. But you sure as heck act nothing like her. It’s like somepony doing a bad impression of her. Now what did you do to her?”
“H-How did you figure it out?” Pinkie says with a fearful expression.
“Couldn’t be sure if it was just Pinkie acting weirdly today. So I did something to check if you were actually Pinkie. Even if Pinkie wasn’t acting normally, there’s no denying that her tail ALWAYS twitches when something is about to fall.” Blossom says.

A green magic swirls around Pinkie, revealing that it was actually Nuptial. Blossom goes wide-eyed as she gasps, “What the-? What the heck are you?”
Nuptial bursts out of Blossom’s grasp as she quickly flies for the door, “MOM-!”
Blossom quickly bites onto Nuptial’s tail and swings her into the cupboards. Blossom pins Nuptial to the ground, “You’re not going anywhere until you tell me what you are and what you did with Pinkie Pie!”
Nuptial looks terrified as her breathing heavies.





Star Dream throws some seeds on the ground. Birds flock to the pile of seeds as they begin feasting. Star Dream sits next to Fluttershy on the bench. She turns to Fluttershy and presents the seeds, “Are you gonna…?”
Fluttershy smiles and takes some of the seeds, “Um…of course.” A bird lands onto Fluttershy’s hoof to eat some of the seeds. Fluttershy gasps as she drops the seeds and wipes her hoof on herself, as if disgusted by the bird. The bird quickly flies onto Fluttershy’s head. The mare quickly waves her hooves over her head in disgust, shooing the bird away. She goes wide-eyed and turns to Star Dream.
Star Dream watches Fluttershy suspiciously, “You know, you were pretty good at acting like her until now. If it weren’t for the eggs, I probably wouldn’t have noticed at first. But now, you ruined it.” Star Dream scowls.
Fluttershy lets her hooves down as she sweats nervously, “U-Um…wh-what do you mean?”
“If it were anypony else, they’d probably become forceful right away.” Star Dream says as she stands up, “But I’m different, so I’ll ask peacefully. Where is Fluttershy?”
“Um…what are you talking about?” Fluttershy says, still nervous but giving an innocent smile.
“I know you’re not Fluttershy. Cut the act and tell me where Fluttershy is and I may be persuaded not to kick your flank.” Star Dream says, getting on guard.
“U-Um…” Fluttershy utters before she quickly attempts to fly away, “NUPTIAL-”
Star Dream quickly tackles Fluttershy, pinning her to the ground, “Game over! Now who are you and where’s Fluttershy?”
A green magic swirls around Fluttershy, shifting to reveal Tarsus. Tarsus growls as he has no way out of Star’s grasp.
“What the heck? What are you? Why are you doing this? And where’s Fluttershy?” Star Dream says.
“What makes you think I’d tell you?” Tarsus says before chuckling.
Star Dream gently gets off Tarsus and turns around.
Tarsus gets up in confusion, “Huh?”
Before Tarsus can react, Star Dream bucks Tarsus in the face, knocking out one of his fangs. The changeling falls to the ground, screaming in pain. Star Dream goes back to pinning him down, “There’s more where that came from. Now tell me or one by one, I’ll buck each one of those teeth out of your disgusting mouth.”
Green colored blood leaks out of Tarsus’ nose as he growls.
“Come on, bud. Hurry up and talk. What are you?” Star Dream says.
“I’m a changeling.” Tarsus says, reluctantly.
“Why are you doing this?” Star Dream asks.
Tarsus hesitates, “We changelings feed off love. We change into somepony you love and feed off your love for them.”
“Alright, now…where’s Fluttershy?” Star Dream asks.
“I can’t tell you.” Tarsus says.
“DO YOU NOT WANT TO KEEP YOUR TEETH?!?!” Star Dream yells.
“I honestly can’t tell you. Nothing you can do would compare to what she’ll do to me if I say.” Tarsus says, curving his eyes.
“She?” Star Dream asks.






“The Queen.” Nuptial says, continuing to be pinned to the ground.
“Nothing SHE’LL do will compare to what I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me where Pinkie is.” Blossom says, pushing harder on Nuptial.
“I can’t! But I can tell you she’s okay. Nothing bad has been done to her.” Nuptial says, still fearful.
A crash is heard as Nuptial and Blossom turn to the opening to the main room. In the doorway is Star Dream, flying while holding a tied up Tarsus. She throws him down to the ground. “Ouch, take it easy.”
“You found out too?” Blossom asks.
“Yup. Buggy here told me the same happened to Pinkie Pie. Looks like you dealt with that situation.” Star Dream says.
Nuptial looks at Tarsus, “Tarsus?”
“Hey sis.” Tarsus says with a guilty voice.
“Let’s get her tied up too. I brought more rope.” Star Dream says.


Blossom and Star quickly tie up Nuptial and lay the two changelings next to each other. “Alright, now tell us where Pinkie Pie is!” Blossom says, stomping the floor.
“And Fluttershy.” Star Dream says.
“AND Fluttershy.” Blossom says, repeating Star.
“Are you two dense? We said we can’t tell you. Queen Chrysalis will-” Tarsus says.
“Just shut up, Tarsus.” Nuptial says, cutting Tarsus off.
“Queen Chrysalis? Who’s that?” Blossom asks.
“Our Ruler. She’s responsible for creating and leading the changelings.” Nuptial says, rolling her eyes.
“Where is she now?” Star Dream asks.
Tarsus and Nuptial look at each other nervously. Blossom scowls as she stomps, “Talk or I’ll break your jaws!”
Nuptial and Tarsus flinch. Nuptial looks down and hesitantly speaks, “She should be with the rest of the changelings. At the Park.”
“Why would she be at the park?” Star Dream asks.
“Given enough time believing that the changeling is the pony you love, they can hypnotize you, getting full control over your actions. She and the rest of the changelings in Ponyville must be gathering there.” Nuptial says.
Star Dream and Blossom Night go wide-eyed and look at each other in worry. They turn back to the 2 Changelings, “Other changelings?” Blossom says.
“There’s hundreds of us. We chose today to carry out our plot to absorb love from many ponies throughout the town because…today is the day ponies celebrate and express love the most. The Queen said she would turn into Twilight Sparkle.” Nuptial says.
“Twilight Sparkle? But that would mean the Pony she’s hypnotizing would be…” Star Dream says as she turns to Blossom.
“...Aurora!” Blossom says, finishing Star Dream’s sentence.
Star Dream turns back to Nuptial, “We know you absorb a pony’s love. But why? What’s your goal?”
“We Changeling’s live off Love. It’s like food to us. It’s how we survive and grow stronger. With enough love energy. Like that of a town full of smitten ponies like this one, we could take over Equestria and get enough love energy to feed the entire hive.” Nuptial says.
Star Dream goes wide-eyed with worry, “Oh no.” She turns to Blossom, “What are we gonna do?”
“We have to stop them!” Blossom says.
“Good luck with that. I sense that we’ve taken just about every pony in Ponyville. And once they find us and get you two, we’ll be unstoppable.” Nuptial says, smirking.
Blossom growls in anger as she charges magic in her horn, ready to hurt Nuptial. Star Dream steps in front of her, “No, Blossom. Don’t.”
“What are we gonna do? We alone can’t take on an army of these things. And if they really are powered up by love magic, there’s no way the two of us are gonna help.” Blossom says as she collapses into a sitting position.
Star Dream looks down, thinking hard. Her eyes go wide as she smiles, “I know who could help us.”
“Who?” Blossom asks.
“Ruby Frost and Hazel Bloom. Think about it. Out of all our friends, they don’t have a Special Somepony.” Star Dream says.
Blossom Night perks up and stands. She smiles, “You’re right! With them, we could use their help.”
“Here’s the plan! We’ll split up! I’ll go get Ruby Frost. You get Hazel Bloom. We’ll explain everything to them and make our way to the Carousel Boutique. Since it’s next to the Park, we can watch what’s going on and make a plan.” Star Dream says.
“Sounds good.” Blossom nods before turning to the two changelings, “What are we gonna do about these two?”
Star Dream looks at them, “We’ll just have to drag them along with us. We can’t leave them alone. They’ll most likely warn the rest of the changelings.”
“Yeah, we would.” Tarsus says.
Nuptial scowls at Tarsus and nudges him hard.
“What? I’m just being honest.” Tarsus says.
Star Dream turns back to Blossom Night, “Let’s save Ponyville!”
Blossom smiles, “More like…let’s save Equestria. Uh…again.” Blossom lifts her hoof up.
Star Dream lifts her own up and the two do a hoof bump.


To Be Continued…