• Published 9th Jun 2022
  • 685 Views, 24 Comments

Friendship, Love, and Harmony - LovelyFlowerBloom



Aurora Shimmer, a student of Princess Celestia is sent to Ponyville and will soon learn of the Magic and Harmony of Love and Friendship.

  • ...
8
 24
 685

Even More Berry Pie!

Blossom Night enters her house with a full saddlebag, “I’m home!”

Pinkie Pie quickly trots out of the kitchen and up to Blossom Night, “Goodie!” Pinkie Pie quickly leans into kiss Blossom Night on the lips.

Pinkie ends the kiss and Blossom Night smiles passionately before looking back at the Saddlebags, “I got what we needed from Mrs Cake. She was kind enough to lend us quite a lot of flour.”

“Great! Now we can finally bake the pies for Gummy’s birthday party!” Pinkie says.

“I’ll set up in the kitchen.” Blossom Night says as she walks into the kitchen and begins unloading the supplies. Suddenly, a large bang is heard, followed by a wack sound. Blossom Night turns quickly to the main room and quickly gallops to it, “Pinkie Pie, is everything-” Blossom Night goes wide-eyed in horror.

Pinkie Pie lies dead on the floor in a pool of blood. Above her stand 3 stallions; a lanky one, a large one, and a normal one. “N-No! Pinkie! PINKIE!!!” The three stallions’ eyes glow a blood red color as they slowly walk towards Blossom Night. “N-No, please. Stay away!” Blossom begs in fear.

“THAT’S QUITE ENOUGH!!!” A voice shouts. The 3 stallions and Pinkie’s dead body all fade into a blue mist. The house soon follows, fading into a black void. Blossom Night now stands in the middle of her berry farm.

Blossom Night looks up to the moon as Princess Luna descends from it. Blossom’s eyes go wide, “Nightmare Moo- No, Princess Luna!”

“Yes, it is I.” Princess Luna says as she lands in front of Blossom Night.

Blossom Night goes wide-eyed and looks around frantically, “Wh-What happened? Where’s Pinkie Pie?”

“Fret Not, Blossom Night. For this is merely a dream. No harm has come to Pinkie Pie, nor can any harm come to you.” Princess Luna says.

“A dream? How are you in my dream?” Blossom asks.

“Before my banishment to the moon, I would visit the dreams of ponies who were in distress. With the goal of helping them solve what it was that caused their distress. I have come because I felt incredible conflict within you. What troubles you, my little pony?” Princess Luna says.

Blossom looks down in shame, “It’s…nothing.”

“IS IT nothing? Or do you simply not want to face the problem?” Princess Luna asks.

Blossom sits down, continuing to look down in sorrow, “I just…I started feeling things for Pinkie Pie. I realized that I…have a crush on her. But I don’t want to get close to her.”

“And why is that?” Princess Luna asks.

“I don’t want to start loving somepony, only for them to be hurt or…killed. Like my family.” Blossom Night says with tears welling in her eyes.

“I see. You fear losing that which you love?” Princess Luna asks.

Blossom Night nods shamefully.

“Do you not believe that these feelings are irrational?” Princess Luna asks.

Blossom Night scowls and stands up, looking Princess Luna dead in the eyes, “Irrational? I watched my family get killed! How is it irrational to fear it happening again.”

Princess Luna closes her eyes, “Blossom Night…” Princess Luna opens her eyes again to look upon Blossom Night, “...we cannot change the fate of other ponies. If somepony dies, then they die. It is part of life. With love comes loss, it is the price we pay. However, without love in our hearts, life will only end in misery.”

“So what? I should just take the chance? Start loving some pony and hope to Celestia that I don’t lose them?” Blossom Night says, irritated.

Princess Luna nods, “It is all you can do. You cannot change it any more than you can change what direction the wind blows.”

Blossom Night looks at the ground, contemplating the words of the Princess.

“Listen to me, Blossom Night.” Princess Luna says, using her hoof to push Blossom’s head up to meet her eyes, “The choice is yours. However, take it from me. A life without love…is no life worth living.”


Blossom’s eyes go wide from hearing this as Princess Luna puts her hoof back down and turns around to walk away. This leaves Blossom to wake up in her bed. She raises a hoof and feels her cheek. She quickly wipes the hoof across her face and looks at it, seeing that she was crying. The crow of a rooster prompts Blossom to quickly dart her head to the window. Blossom se’s the faintness of morning light as it punily shines through the shut curtains. Blossom rolls onto her back and stares at the ceiling, thinking deeply about the Princess’ words.


“So that’s what the problem is. And I had nopony else to talk to about it. I would go to Aurora, but honestly…I’m not even sure she one hundred percent realizes she has feelings for Twilight. I was gonna go to Star Dream, but she’s STAR DREAM. Ruby Frost would probably give some advice that would be hard for me to follow, and asking Amber Gem for advice is useless because I know what she’s gonna recommend. So that leaves you.” Blossom Night says. She’s sitting on a couch in Hazel Bloom’s house.

Hazel Bloom picks up a cup of tea from the coffee table in front of her and takes a sip. When she’s finished, she looks to Blossom with a raised eyebrow, “So I was your last choice of pony to go to?”

“No, I meant you’re the only one who would actually give advice that I’d find favorable. We’ve known each other since we were fillies. You know me better than anypony.” Blossom says.

“Mmm.” Hazel nods, looking at the ground in thought before turning to Blossom Night, “I recommend you just ask Pinkie Pie out anyway.”

Blossom Night looks at Hazel Bloom, deadpan, “Did you not listen to a single word I said?”

“I did, and my advice would be to just go with it.” Hazel Bloom says.

“How can I? I’m afraid that if we actually begin dating, something could happen to her and I’ll have to go through the pain of losing someone I love again.” Blossom says as she picks up her cup of tea with her magic.

Hazel Bloom places her hoof on her chin in thought, “I just think Princess Luna had a point. You have to take the risk. There’s no other way around it.”

Blossom Night takes a sip of her tea before leaning back on the couch, “Guess I’m just…still a bit scared. I realize it is a bit of an irrational fear. But it doesn’t just go away. It stays with me. It always has.”

Hazel nods, “Yes, I know that better than anypony. But I think it’ll do you good to get in a relationship. Who knows, maybe all your worries will fade away.”

Blossom Night thinks for a moment, “Maybe you’re right, Hazel. I guess…I’ll just try it anyway.”

“And don’t forget, there’s the fact that she might reject you.” Hazel says.

Blossom goes wide-eyed, “Huh, I hadn’t even thought about that, either. Kinda was just assuming she would say yes. I don’t even know if she likes me back.”

“Don’t see why she wouldn’t. You’re the pony she hangs out with most of the time.” Hazel says.

Blossom Night looks at Hazel with a raised eyebrow, “Really?”

“Yeah, don’t you visit her multiple times a week to bake with her?” Hazel asks.

“Well…yeah, but I thought she spent one on one time like that with all her friends.” Blossom says.

Hazel shakes her head, “Nope, that’s a you thing. I think she does like you.”

Blossom curves a small smile, “I guess it’s possible. But it’ll be really awkward if it’s not the case. And of course, it’s Pinkie Pie, so it’ll be impossible to figure out beforehand.”

“Just a risk you’ll have to take, I guess. Can’t hurt to find out.” Hazel says.

“Guess you’re right. I’ll do it.” Blossom says, smiling. She turns to Hazel with a passionate smile, “Thank you, Hazel. You always help me feel better.”

Hazel Bloom closes her eyes and gives a cute smile, “It’s what I do.”



Blossom Night, with the advice of Princess Luna and Hazel Bloom, made her way to Sugarcube Corner. Though Blossom was nervous, she kept on as she entered the building. Mr Carrot Cake stands behind the front desk, “Heya, Blossom Night! What’ll it be? Wait, lemme guess. Flour?”

“Hm, Deja Vu. Uh…no, not this time. I’m actually here to see Pinkie Pie. Would she happen to be here right now?” Blossom asks.

“Oh, of course. Should have known. Yes, she’s here. She’s actually baking a batch of cupcakes in the kitchen. You’re welcome to go in there to see her.” Mr Cake says.

Blossom nods, “Thank you, Mr Cake.” Blossom proceeds to the kitchen to see…a complete disaster. Cream litters the walls, floors, ceilings, everything. Blossom watches in a state of shock and confusion. Pinkie Pie stands over the counter, putting cupcakes together. “Um…Pinkie?”

Pinkie quickly turns to Blossom Night with a smile, “Oh! Hey Blossom!” Pinkie quickly turns back to the cupcakes.

“What in Equestria happened here?” Blossom asks as she walks in, minding her step to avoid the many piles of goopy batter on the ground.

“I was inspired by your many different pie flavors, so I decided to try baking berries into cupcakes.” Pinkie says.

Blossom walks forward before stopping and looking down. She lifts her hoof to see that she stepped in one of the many piles of goup. Blossom cringes as she tries to wipe it on the ground, with minimal success. She looks back up to Pinkie Pie and approaches her, “And that lead to this mess? Seriously it looks like….something I’d rather not speak of. Did an explosion happen or something?”

“Nope! I just threw whatever didn’t work on the ground. It was in the way, so I had to get rid of it.” Pinkie says, continuing to put together some batter for a batch of cupcakes.

Blossom looks at the dozens and dozens of piles of goop, “Must not have a very high success rate.”

“The thing about baking with berries is that you have to get it JUST right, otherwise it just falls apart.” Pinkie says.

Blossom walks up next to Pinkie Pie, “Listen, Pinkie. I uh…wanted to ask you something.”

Pinkie looks up, turning her head to Blossom, giving her her full attention, “Mhm?”

Blossom scratches her left front leg with her right front hood in nervousness, “This may seem pretty out of the blue…but…after all the time we’ve spent together. I found myself starting to be attracted to you. And I was wondering if…you maybe feel the same way?”

Pinkie Pie stares blankly at Blossom Night before bursting into laughter.

Blossom Night goes wide-eyed as she blushes, realizing it was a mistake to tell Pinkie Pie. Blossom Night backs up, “I-I’m sorry, I-”

“Well DUH I like you back. Why do you think I hang out with you so much?” Pinkie says, trying to contain her laughter.

Blossom goes wide-eyed, “Y-You like me too?”

Pinkie is unable to respond as she collapses to the ground in laughter, holding her stomach. Pinkie finally settles her laugh as she sits up on the ground, “Sorry for laughing, but I thought you already knew.”

Blossom is speechless, her mouth is agape from this exchange.

“These meetings we set up where we bake pies. They’re supposed to be dates.” Pinkie chuckles.

“They’re supposed to be….DATES?!?!” Blossom says in surprise.

Pinkie laughs again before rolling her eyes, “I can’t believe you JUST figured this out.”

Blossom looks down, “Well…since you like me back. Do you…want to be my Very Special Somepony?”

“Um…OF COURSE I would.” Pinkie says.

Blossom curves a small smile as she looks down.

Pinkie rushes up to Blossom and throws her front leg over Blossom’s neck, “Are you okay? You seem shaky?”

“I’m just uh…overflowing with excitement that I don’t know how to express.” Blossom says.

“Then how about we get to baking? I know we didn’t have a plan to bake today! Buuuuut, this is a special occasion!” Pinkie says.

Blossom smiles, “I’d like that.”

Pinkie gives a big toothed smile as she quickly rushes back to her place, “Come on then, let’s get started. You’re the expert on berries. So we can make better progress.”

Blossom stands next to Pinkie as she fixes up the batter. Pinkie is focused on the batter, but Blossom is unable to take her eyes off of Pinkie Pie. Blossom closes her eyes and quickly leans in, giving Pinkie a kiss on the cheek. Pinkie looks up at Blossom with a neutral expression. Blossom smiles awkwardly, prompting Pinkie to smile back.

Nuptial carefully crawls over the side of Sugarcube corner as she watches Pinkie Pie and Blossom Night through the window. The changeling smiles sinisterly, “That makes three.”