• Published 9th Jun 2022
  • 685 Views, 24 Comments

Friendship, Love, and Harmony - LovelyFlowerBloom



Aurora Shimmer, a student of Princess Celestia is sent to Ponyville and will soon learn of the Magic and Harmony of Love and Friendship.

  • ...
8
 24
 685

Canterlot Art Convention

Amber Gem stares in awe as the Friendship Express approaches Canterlot, “Wow! It’s even more beautiful close up.”

“Isn’t it?” Rarity says, “And to think my dresses and your jewelry is to be presented at THE Canterlot Art Convention. It’s almost too good to be true!”

Amber nods, “Yes, it’s a childhood dream come true! But it couldn’t have happened without the way you impressed Sapphire Shores with your amazing dresses.”

“Don’t you remember? The only way I was able to impress her was with the gems that you so generously provided. You’re usually pretty stingy when it comes to giving gems for free.” Rarity says.

Amber blushes a bit, “While it is true that I’m quite stingy with my gems, when it comes to our careers being able to be boosted. I would spare the rarest of gems without a single bit in return.”

Rarity smiles before she puts on a nervous expression, “I just have one question.” Rarity points to a seat across the aisle, “Are you sure it was a good idea to bring….her?”

Amber Gem turns to the other aisle to see Ditzy Doo sitting in her seat, blowing bubbles. Ditzy giggles as the bubbles pop on the window. Amber put a hoof to her mouth as she chuckles at Ditzy’s antics, “Of course. She and I have been really close since I broke up with Lyra.”

“Oh? Does somepony have a crush?” Rarity asks, teasingly.

Amber blushes as she turns to Ditzy, who’s completely oblivious to the conversation between Amber and Rarity. “She’s not exactly…the brightest Pony. But she’s very endearing.” Amber leans closely to Rarity, “And I just think her eyes are SO ADORABLE.”

“Well Well Well, someone’s quite the Smitten-Kitten.” Rarity says.

Amber blushes more, “Stop teasing me!” Amber turns to Ditzy, “I was just hoping that I could get to know her better while we were here. And maybe even ask her to be my Special Somepony.”

“Well, in that case. I see why you brought her. I’m just afraid she might cause trouble. This IS the biggest Art Convention in ALL of Equestria. Some of the greatest Artists and Creators will be there. The most renowned Fashionistas, Painters, Jewelers, Photographers, Singers. Everypony who’s somepony will be there! We’re talking Sapphire Shores, Hoity Toity, Photo Finish, Trenderhoof, Countess Coloratura, Fleur De Lis, and Songbird Serenade! JUST to name a few!” Rarity says.

“I know, Rarity. I just figured that this would present the perfect opportunity to bond with Ditzy. What better way to bond with somepony than sharing something you’re passionate about?” Amber Gem says.

“That is true. Still, you know how clumsy Ditzy can be. Just keep an eye on her, will you?” Rarity says, winking.

Amber nods, “Of course.”



The train finally stops and the 3 Mares make their way out with their bags in tow in a wagon. Amber and Rarity stare in awe at the beauty of Canterlot. “It’s magnificent!” Rarity comments.

“This gives me an amazing idea for Canterlot themed jewelry.” Amber says, darting her eyes back and forth, unable to keep her focus on one thing for too long.

“Oooooooh! That gives me an idea for a Canterlot themed dress line! Oh, I can see it now!” Rarity says, going into a dream-like state.

Suddenly, a crash is heard and the two mares snap out of it, turning their heads around to see Ditzy has crashed into a bunch of bags being moved out of the train. “Watch where you’re going, you dimwit!” The mover yells.

“Oh!” Ditzy chuckles in embarrassment, “My bad!”

The mover lets out a horse sigh as he goes to pick up the bags. Amber puts on a concerned face and walks up to Ditzy, “Maybe stick with me from now on, hm?”

Ditzy turns to Amber, smiles, and nods rapidly.

Rarity shakes her head at Amber in disappointment, causing Amber to put on a shamed expression.


The 3 mares make their way through Canterlot, admiring the beauty of it while keeping pace to their destination. Eventually, the 3 arrive at the Canterlot Art Convention. Many Many stalls outlining the street with hundreds of ponies visiting. Rarity and Amber’s mouths go agape as they stare at the beauty of it all, “Amber, darling.” Rarity says as she begins losing her balance, “Catch me, will you? I think I’m about to faint.”

Amber holds up Rarity just before she collapses with her neck, “Easy there, sister.”

“Wow! There’s so many people!” Ditzy says in awe.

“Of course there is.” Amber says as she walks forward, continuing to aid in Rarity standing up, “This is the place where all sorts of creators get together. The biggest of the big are here. Nopony who’s interested in the Arts would pass up the opportunity to come here.”

The 3 eventually stop at two stalls. Rarity slowly snaps out of it as she looks up to the stall, “O-Oh! We’re here!”

Amber nods, “Mhm! We should set up quickly. The more time the better!”

The 2 mares quickly begin setting up their stalls. As they set up, Ditzy quickly flies up to Amber, “Here you go, Ambor!”

“Hm?” Amber turns to Ditzy. Ditzy holds up one of Amber’s necklaces. Ditzy smiles eagerly, hoping to be helpful to Amber. Amber gives a passionate smile as she gently takes the necklace, “Thank you, dear. You’re so sweet.” Amber quickly leans forward and kisses Ditzy on the cheek before turning back to place more jewelry. Ditzy is left in a state of shock as she struggles to comprehend or react to what just happened.

“Well Well Well, look who it is.” Somepony says while Amber is focused on decorating her stall.

Amber immediately stops and goes wide-eyed, “That voice! It couldn’t be!” Amber turns around to see a pony standing there with a smug smile.

The pony is a unicorn mare with a Lavender coat, Sky Blue Elevated Top knot with a loose ponytail in the back mane, and azure blue eyes. Her cutie mark is that of Moonstone gems that’s shining brightly. “I didn’t know they let Ponyville residents set up stalls here. How did you come to own a stall here in the Canterlot Art Convention?”

“Moonstone Glow! Wh-What are you doing here?” Amber says with a scowl.

“Isn’t it obvious? Anypony who’s somepony is here. And I am VERY MUCH a somepony.” Moonstone Glow says, posing in a way that shows off her elegance. The pony is covered nearly head to tail with jewelry, “My 4th Jewelry Shop just debuted in Manehattan. Co-owned by the one…the only, Sapphire Shores.”

“S-S-S-Sapphire…Sh-Sh-Shores…?” Amber Gem studders, stumped for words.

“The very one. Though, honestly, you shouldn’t be surprised. After all, I am one of the greatest jewelers in all of Equestria.” Moonstone Glow says.

Rarity walks up next to Amber. She gasps as her eyes fall on Moonstone Glow, “Pardon me if I’m wrong, but are you…”

“Moonstone Glow? Yes, I am. And I suppose you’re a fan.” Moonstone says.

“Oh very much so! You designed Songbird Serenade’s Malachite dress for her charity performance in Fillydelphia. Oh that was just gorgeous. One of your best works in my opinion.” Rarity says.

“Oh, that? That was nothing. Simply something I threw together at the last minute.” Moonstone says, gloating.

Amber slowly backs into her stall.

“Oh, but it was absolutely, positively divine. You simply must tell me your secret on how you produce such dresses.” Rarity says.

“Working with Gemstones has always run in the family.” Moonstone says before she looks past Rarity and sees Amber, “Seeing that you’ve come with Amber Gem, can I assume that you’re Rarity?”

“Oh, yes, I am.” Rarity says before she puts on a shocked expression, “Hold on! You know Amber?”

Amber lays her head on her stall and sighs.

Moonstone chuckles, “Yes, her and I go way back.” Moonstone smirks at Amber.

Amber rolls her eyes and looks away.

“Well, I should be off. I’ll stop by again when your stalls are finished. I’d love to see what sort of…Ponyville style things you have.” Moonstone says.

“That would be wonderful!” Rarity says.

Moonstone smiles and turns around, walking away. Rarity turns to Amber in excitement, “I had no idea you knew Moonstone Glow!”

“Of course I know her. She’s my sister.” Amber says, lifting her head off the stall.

“Sh-Sh-SHE’S YOUR SISTER?!?!?!??” Rarity yells out, causing ponies around her to turn their heads. Rarity looks around in embarrassment before turning back to Amber, “Ahem, you mean to tell me that THE Moonstone Glow…is YOUR sister?!”

“Yeah, and it sucks!” Amber says, scowling and walking up to her box of jewelry.

“Sucks? Whatever do you mean, darling? Having a famous celebrity as a sister would be incredible!” Rarity says.

“You’d think, yeah.” Amber says as she begins placing her jewelry on the stall table, “But all she ever does is rub it in my face.”

“Oh surely it isn’t that bad.” Rarity says.

“Siblings usually fight or pick on each other. But she takes it to a whole new level. She intentionally tries to make my life miserable. She makes me feel like I’m not good enough. Which, I guess is true.” Amber says as she frowns.

“Of course you’re good enough, darling. You’re one of the greatest jewelers I know.” Rarity says.

Amber looks at Rarity with a raised eyebrow, “Rarity, I’m one of the only jewelers you know.”

Rarity’s eyebrows curve, “Um….well….the point still stands.”

“Let’s just face it. I’m nowhere near as good as my sister and I never will be.” Amber says as she finishes unpacking her jewelry and walks into the stall.

Rarity is unable to respond and simply walks to her own stall with a frown. Amber notices Rarity’s silence and sighs.



Hours pass and Amber’s mood changes. She’s finally able to focus on her stall. Ditzy even helps out. Lending a hoof wherever Amber needs it. Soon, Amber takes notice of Moonstone Glow walking with Sapphire Shores. Amber sweats nervously as she watches their approach towards her stall. Ditzy takes notice, tilting her head as she watches Amber sweat profusely, “Ambor? Are you okay?”

Amber turns to Ditzy, “Yes, it’s nothing.”

Ditzy goes into the corner of the stall, where she looks through her bag. She pulls out a muffin and quickly presents it to Amber, “Muffin?”

Amber looks at the muffin for a moment before chuckling, “Of course you brought muffins. Why am I surprised?” Amber takes the muffin and bites into it.

Ditzy smiles, “I’m glad you enjoy my muffins, Ambor.”

“Well well, is that Amber Gem?” Sapphire Shores asks.

Amber pauses, realizing that Sapphire Shores and Moonstone Glow have just approached the stall. Amber quickly swallows the bit of muffin in her mouth before putting on an awkward smile, “Oh! Sapphire Shores! It’s wonderful to see you! How can I help you?”

“Well I just wanted to meet the pony who supplies Rarity’s gems. And I have got to say.” Sapphire Shores says as she looks closely at, “I am not disappointed in your work at all. Truly, you take after your sister.”

“Take after my sister?” Amber asks in shock as she turns to Moonstone. Moonstone simply smiles and winks at her sister.

“Of course! She’s told me all about your craft.” Sapphire Shores says as she picks up and inspects Amber’s jewelry, “I would LOVE to wear some of these for my next tour.”

“Y-You would?!” Amber asks, unable to believe what she’s hearing.

“Yes I would. This represents exactly the kind of feeling I want to embody during my next concert. I’ll take them all.” Sapphire Shores says.

“M-My whole stock?!” Amber says in shock.

Sapphire Shores chuckles, “Yes. If that’s okay with you?”

Amber’s face lights up, “Of course! I’d love that!”

“In that case, I’ll send my client to come pick it up later.” Sapphire Shores says as she proceeds to make her exit, “Nice meeting you, Amber Gem.”

Amber Gem turns to her sister, who’s just about to walk away. Amber quickly exits the stall, “Wait.”

Moonstone Glow stops and turns around to meet Amber’s gaze.

“Did you…put in a good word for me?” Amber asks.

Moonstone smirks, “We are sisters, so of course I’m gonna help you. But don’t misunderstand, I’m doing this so you actually stand a chance against me. It’s not fun gloating to you if it’s plainly obvious. I need somepony to push me to be better. Only THEN can I prove I’m the best jeweler in all of Equestria!”

Amber looks down in disappointment, “Oh, I see.”

Moonstone turns back around to continue, “See you again, little sis.”

Amber watched with mixed expressions as her sister walked away. Nearly all sound in the loud convention seemed to disappear as she could plainly hear the claps of her sister’s hooves against the ground as she disappeared into the crowd.



Amber, Rarity, and Ditzy soon piled onto the Friendship Express as their visit was over. Amber was deep in thought as she sat on her seat, staring at the ground. Rarity smirked at Amber, “So?”

“Well, I guess my sister wasn’t all I thought she was. Even if she’s still a nuisance. Maybe I’m not as bad as I thought. If I just work harder to achieve my goal to be a renowned jeweler across Equestria, I can get there.” Amber says.

“Oh! Right, that. I mean, so are you gonna ask her or what?” Rarity asks, leaning next to Amber.

Amber goes wide-eyed as she looks to Ditzy, across the aisle, looking out the window, eager to get home. Amber smiles, “I suppose I’ll finally ask her.”

Rarity squees eagerly.

Amber hops into the seat, sitting next to Ditzy, “Oh, Ditzy.”

Ditzy turns to Amber, “Hi Ambor.”

“So I was wondering. This is something that I’ve been meaning to ask you for…some time.” Amber says as she blushes.

“Mhm?” Ditzy nods.

“I was wondering if you’d like to be….my Special Somepony.” Amber says as she looks Ditzy in the eyes.

Ditzy goes wide-eyed as she blushes, “Y-You want me…to be your Special Somepony?”

Amber nods, “Um…if you want to be. But you don’t have to if you don’t want to!” Amber looks away, embarrassed.

“N-No! I mean…YES!” Ditzy says, stuttering. Ditzy gives a passionate smile, “I’d love to be your Special Somepony, Ambor.”

Amber smiles passionately.



Nuptial and Tarsus sit bored together on a roof as they watch Fluttershy and Star Dream drinking sundae’s. “Nuptial, I gotta say. This has gotten boring. These two ponies grow their love extremely slowly!”

Nuptial just about doses off before she springs up. Nuptial raises her nose in the air and sniffs, “I smell something.”

“What is it?” Tarsus asks, standing up.

Nuptial turns to see the Friendship Express has arrived. Nuptial looks on with curious wonder, “I smell fresh love. It’s emanating from that train!”

Tarsus turns to the train, “Should we check it out.”

“Yes!” Nuptial says as she quickly flies to the train station, resting on the roof. Nuptial points down, “THERE!”

Tarsus looks down to see Ditzy Doo and Amber walking next to each other, “Those two? They don’t seem like they’d be a thing.”

“Nevermind what you see. What do you smell?” Nuptial says.

Tarsus gives a sniff, prompting his mouth to water, “Wow! How come we never sensed this before?”

“Perhaps a confession. Their love has amazing potential as well. Not as prominent as the other two pairs of ponies. But still, it's worth considering.” Nuptial says as she quickly stands up, “We’ll watch these two as well. We may have hit the jackpot!”

Tarsus puts on a sinister smile as he chuckles evilly.