• Published 9th Jun 2022
  • 685 Views, 24 Comments

Friendship, Love, and Harmony - LovelyFlowerBloom



Aurora Shimmer, a student of Princess Celestia is sent to Ponyville and will soon learn of the Magic and Harmony of Love and Friendship.

  • ...
8
 24
 685

Daughter of Nightmare Moon Part 2

“WOOHOO! JUST LOOK AT HOW MANY GEMS WE COLLECTED!” Amber Gem shouts excitedly as she pulls her wagon, which is nearly overflowing with gemstones. The 6 ponies are making their way towards Ponyville as their job is finished, having gotten Amber Gem all the gems she needed.

“How much are you getting paid for this, anyway?” Star Dream asks.

“Well I forgot the specifics, but THOUSANDS of bits at least!” Amber Gem says.

“Hm, quite a lot. Make sure to pay your taxes for it.” Star Dream says.

Amber chuckles, “Oh don’t be silly, Star. I don’t pay my…” Amber’s eyes widen as she realizes what she’s saying.

Star Dream raises her eyebrow as she looks at Amber suspiciously.

“...taxes.” Amber finishes with a squealish voice.

Star Dream looks at Amber for a moment before speaking up, “You…know I work for the Government, right?”

Amber looks at the ground in guilt, “I’ll uh…start paying my taxes.”

Star Dream nods, “Good, I’ll forget this ever happened. But I will be checking on you.”

Amber sighs, “Should have kept my big mouth shut.”

Aurora chuckles at this exchange before she looks up and goes wide-eyed. She stops in her tracks, “G-Girls…”

Everypony stops and looks at Aurora in confusion. “What is it, Aurora?” Hazel Bloom asks.

Aurora points her hoof forward, “L-Look!”


The 6 Ponies look forward as Blossom Night, Hazel Bloom, Amber Gem, and Star Dream gasp. They see the large magical dome-like force field around Ponyville. Ruby Frost raises an eyebrow, “Wh-What is it? I can’t see, girls.”

“It’s a…huge force field.” Blossom Night says.

Aurora turns to the others, “Come on, let’s go check it out…quick!”



The 6 Ponies arrive at the edge of the North-Eastern side of Ponyville. And come up to the dome. All of them but Ruby Frost stare with their mouths agape. “Wh-Why is this here?” Blossom Night asks.

Aurora walks up to it. “Careful, Aurora!” Star Dream says.

“It’s okay.” Aurora says as she leans her head close to inspect the magic, “I could be wrong but…I believe this is…Dark Magic.”

“Dark Magic?” Amber asks.

“Why would there be a large force field of Dark Magic around Ponyville?” Ruby Frost asks.

“I don’t know. But…lemme try something.” Aurora says as she channels magic into her horn and touches the force field with a spark. A gust of wind blasts from where Aurora sparked the Dark Magic.


The 6 Ponies all brace themselves until the gust finally subsides. The ponies look even more confused. “What was that about?” Hazel asks.

“I took a class on it in Magic School. Not all Dark Magic is equal. This is Repulsion Dark Magic. Meant to keep anything from getting in…or out.” Aurora says.

“So that means…” Ruby Frost says.

“...that somepony doesn’t want people getting in or out. Why could that be?” Star Dream says.

Aurora’s focus shifts to a scroll, lying on the other side of the forcefield, “Everypony, look!” Aurora crouches down to view the school.

Star Dream steps forward, “It’s a scroll. But what’s a scroll doing there?”

Aurora ponders for a moment before her eyes go wide, “Wait a moment. We’re on the North-East side of Ponyville. And the one thing that’s north-east of Ponyville is…” Aurora turns around, seeing Canterlot, “...Canterlot.”

“What does that have to do with anything?” Blossom asks.

Aurora places a hoof on her chin, “Dark Magic…Repulsion Force Field…A scroll on the North-Eastern side of Ponyville.” Aurora thinks for a moment before her eyes go wide, “That scroll…it’s a letter to Princess Celestia from Spike!”

“Are you sure about that?” Star Dream asks.

“It must be.” Aurora says, looking closer at the scroll, “But…I’m worried. If Twilight was trying to get a letter to Princess Celestia while a large force field powered by Dark Magic is surrounding Ponyville, something could be wrong. Let me try something.” Aurora starts charging magic in her horn, “Stand back, everypony.”


The 5 Ponies step back as the magic in Aurora grows. Aurora then starts a spark on the force field adjacent to the scroll. The act of which causes a gust of wind on both sides of the force field. The force of the wind launches the scroll up and open. “It worked!” Aurora says with an excited smile. The paper slowly falls to the ground in a position where Aurora can read it. Aurora squints her eyes as she focuses on the paper, her eyes slowly go wide as she does.

“Well…what does it say?” Star Dream asks.

“Oh no…everypony in Ponyville…is in danger!” Aurora says.



Lunar Eclipse punches Twilight in the face. Twilight, who’s tied to a chair, just leans her head down. Her face and body are beaten up and bloodied. “Hmph, well…you gonna talk? Where are the Elements of Harmony?”

Twilight breathes heavily as she looks up at Lunar Eclipse, “I’ll never tell you.”

Lunar Eclipse scowls, “Even after all that, you won’t tell me. Quite the resilience.” Lunar Eclipse looks up at Twilight’s friends and smiles, “But I have ways I can make you talk.” Lunar Eclipse uses her magic to teleport Fluttershy out of the cage and tie her up to a chair. Fluttershy squeals in fear.

“Fluttershy! Leave her alone!” Twilight yells.

“Oh certainly, I will. IF you tell me where the Elements of Harmony are.” Lunar Eclipse says, walking up to Twilight.

Twilight ponders for a moment, unsure of what to do.

“Don’t tell her, Twilight.” Fluttershy says.

“But…Fluttershy!” Twilight says.

“It’s okay. I can take it.” Fluttershy says with a nervous smile.

“Tick Tock, Twilight.” Lunar Eclipse says.

Twilight stays silent and looks down in shame.

Lunar Eclipse smiles, “Very well.” She turns to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy cowers in the chair in fear.

“Your weakness is your friends, Twilight.” Lunar Eclipse says as she walks up to Fluttershy and swings her hoof at her.




“WHAT?!?! So some maniac is in there who wants harm to come to Twilight and her friends?!?!” Blossom Night yells.

Aurora nods, “That’s correct.”

“Well what the heck are we doing out here? We gotta find a way in there to help them!” Blossom Night says.

“You heard what Aurora said. Twilight wanted to inform Princess Celestia. So we have to go get her.” Amber says.

“Screw that! Who knows what she can do in that time? We gotta find a way in to help them!” Blossom yells.

“But she said-” Amber says before being cut off.

“But nothing! Twilight’s friends! That being Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and PINKIE PIE! My girlfriend! She’s in danger! I can’t just sit here and do nothing!” Blossom says, angrily.

“Blossom, calm down.” Hazel says.

“NO! I HAVE NO INTENTION OF CALMING DOWN! FOR ALL WE KNOW, THAT PONY COULD INTEND TO KILL THEM ALL! I AM NOT JUST GONNA SIT BACK AND WAIT FOR ANOTHER PONY I LOVE TO DIE!!! I WON’T GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN!!!” Blossom yells, with tears in her eyes.

Hazel backs up, tears forming in her own eyes. Amber scowls and walks towards Blossom, “Well don’t go taking it out on her!”

Blossom backs up, “Tch! We gotta find a way in there! Every second we spend out here doing nothing is another second that that pony could hurt Pinkie Pie.”

“Think about it logically, we need to get the Princess. She should be able to get through.” Ruby Frost says.

“It’ll take too long to get to her!” Blossom says.

“I’m actually gonna have to agree with Blossom Night.” Star Dream says.

“What?” Amber says.

“Fluttershy is in there…and she’s in danger too.” Star Dream says.

“And Twilight.” Aurora says.

“So you 3 want to find a way in?” Amber asks.


Star Dream, Aurora Shimmer, and Blossom Night all nod. Amber looks to the ground in hesitation. “Listen, we should put it to a vote.” Star Dream says.

Blossom Night scrapes a line on the ground with her hoof, “Use your hoof to mark the ground. The left side if you want to go in, the right if you want to get Princess Celestia.”

“What if there’s a tie?” Ruby Frost asks.

“Then we get Princess Celestia.” Star Dream says.

“WHAT?! WHY DO THEY GET THE WIN IF THERE’S A TIE?” Blossom says, turning to Star Dream with an angered expression.

“Because…it’s the safer option.” Star Dream says.

“Tch.” Blossom grunts.


The ponies begin the vote. Aurora Shimmer walks up and scrapes the left. Hazel walks up and scrapes the right. Blossom Night walks up and scrapes the left. Star Dream walks up and scrapes the left. Ruby Frost walks up and scrapes the right. That leaves Amber as the deciding vote. Amber walks up to the small grid and lifts her hoof. Amber waits for a moment, pondering which one. She closes her eyes and places her hoof down, scraping it. Everypony goes wide-eyed, even Ruby Frost, who could hear which side was scraped. Amber turns to face them, “Let’s go in.” Amber Gem had scraped left.



“It’s settled then. We have to figure out how to get in.” Star Dream says.

Blossom Night scrapes her hoof under the force field, “No luck, the thing digs into the ground too.”

“Aurora, what do you think?” Star Dream asks.

Aurora had been staring at the force field with curious eyes the whole time, “Gemstones…GEMSTONES! Gemstones conduct magic!”

“Come again?” Ruby Frost says.

“What do you mean?” Hazel asks.

“Gemstones conduct magic! Magic can be stored in them and released. The opposite goes for Dark Magic! Gemstones absorb and store Dark Magic.” Aurora says.

“How do you know?” Amber asks.

Aurora points to the force field, “Look! It’s bulged out since we got here.”

“Okay? What does that mean?” Blossom asks.

“Look where it's been bulging to.” Aurora says as she points to the wagon filled with gems that the 6 had collected.

Star Dream gasps, “You’re right!”

“Mind if I borrow one, Amber?” Aurora asks.

Amber shrugs, “Knock yourself out.”

Aurora uses her magic to lift one of the gemstones and throws it at the force field. The gemstone flies through, absorbing the force field, leaving an open hole that very slowly fills up, “It worked! If we can use these gems…we can create a big enough opening to get in before it closes!”

Amber steps in front of the wagon, “Oh no! You are not filling these extraordinarily rare gems with…..DARK MAGIC. My business would plummet if people learned I sell gems infused in Dark Magic.”

Aurora steps forward, “It’s the only way we can get through.”

Amber ponders for a moment with an expression of worry before she sighs and reluctantly nods.


Amber Gem, Blossom Night, and Aurora Shimmer all use their magic to pick up the gems. “On Three. One…Two…Three!” The 3 Unicorns toss the gems at the large force field at once. The gems fall to the ground as the force field quickly absorbs into the gems, creating a massive hole that slowly begins repairing itself, “HURRY! EVERYPONY IN!!!”

The 6 Ponies quickly gallop into the hole, making it in before it repairs itself behind them. The 6 Ponies look on as the hold closes. “Only one way out of this now.” Aurora says.

Amber looks in sorrow at the gems, now purple, green, and black from absorbing the dark magic; “Oh my sweet gems. You were gorgeous all the way to the end. I will never forget your beauty.”

“Come on, everypony. Let’s get going.” Blossom says as she walks towards town.

“Hold on.” Star Dream says, walking behind Blossom, “We need a plan of attack.”

“Yeah, I have one…Attack.” Blossom says, continuing to walk forward.

“That pony is unreasonable.” Ruby Frost says.

Star Dream rolls her eyes, “Oh tell me about it.”




Fluttershy lays on the ground; bloodied, bruised, and crying. Lunar Eclipse is starting to get frustrated. “You ponies just don’t break. What are you made of? Tell me, already! Or she loses an eye!” Lunar Eclipse leans close to Twilight.

Twilight continues to stay silent.

Lunar Eclipse rolls her eyes and walks up to Fluttershy. Fluttershy stares in horror as Lunar Eclipse raises her hoof to stomp her. Lunar Eclipse quickly throws her hoof down to stop before…

“Wait!” Twilight yells. She turns to Lunar Eclipse, “I’ll tell you. Just don’t do that. Don’t hurt her anymore.”

Lunar Eclipse smiles, “Finally! Now…tell me.”

Twilight hesitates for a moment, “They’re in the vault at the Canterlot Castle.”

“Twilight, Twilight, Twilight. Your weakness really IS your friends. I no longer have any need for you, so…I’ll continue where I left off.” Lunar Eclipse says as she prepares to stomp Fluttershy like before.

“No! But…you-” Twilight yells.

“...never said anything.” Lunar Eclipse says, smirking at Twilight. She turns to Fluttershy and prepares to stomp before suddenly….

Star Dream flies at Lunar Eclipse with unparalleled speed, smashing her two front hooves into Lunar’s face, “LEAVE HER ALONE!!!”


Lunar Eclipse rolls away on the ground, having been knocked away by the power of Star Dream. Star Dream quickly turns to Fluttershy and holds her up, “F-Fluttershy!”

“Star Dream?” Fluttershy says, confused.

Lunar Eclipse gets up, absolutely confused, “What the-? Who are you?”

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be here for you.” Star Dream says, tears welling up in her eyes from seeing Fluttershy so hurt.

Fluttershy smiles, “Y-You broke your vow against flying!”

Star Dream smiles, “Protecting you is more important than some stupid vow.”

“HEY! I’M TALKING TO YOU! NOPONY IGNORES THE GREAT PRINCESS LUNAR ECLIPSE!!!” Lunar Eclipse yells.

Blossom Night trots next to Star Dream, “Look who’s going in without a plan now.”

“Just shut up and heal her.” Star Dream says.

“Right, Right!” Blossom says as she uses her magic to heal Fluttershy to perfect health.

Fluttershy goes wide-eyed as she looks at herself, “What…how did you?”

“Long story.” Blossom says as she gets up and trots to Twilight.

Aurora is untying Twilight from the chair, “Are you okay, Twilight?”

“I’m fine. Could be worse.” Twilight says as she quickly turns to Fluttershy, “Fluttershy though-” Twilight sees as Star Dream helps a completely healed Fluttershy get up, “What…what happened? She was just-”

Blossom begins healing Twilight, “I got healing magic, don’t worry about it.”

“HEALING MAGIC?!?!?” Twilight says, barely able to hold in her excitement.

“I know, right?” Aurora says, sharing Twilight’s enthusiasm.

“Uh, somepony mind helping us out?” Applejack asks from inside the cage.

Ruby Frost quickly trots up to the cage and bucks the bars down, “I got ya, cuz.”

“What the-? I was bucking those things and it did nothing!” Rainbow Dash says.

“Bars are easier to knock in rather than out.” Ruby Frost says.

“Pinkie Pie!” Blossom yells as she rushes up to Pinkie and hugs her.

“Blossom! Teehee!” Pinkie says in excitement.

“Ah, I’m so glad you’re okay.” Blossom says in relief.

“So am I. Can’t say the same for the cupcakes though. So many cupcakes taken far before their time.” Pinkie says.

Blossom Night chuckles, “You’re so funny Pinkie Pie.” Blossom quickly leans forward and kisses Pinkie Pie.

“Oh, get a room, you two.” Rainbow Dash says, rolling her eyes.


Lunar Eclipse looks at all the ponies, completely in shock at what’s happening, “What the-?! HEY!!! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!”

Everypony turns to Lunar Eclipse.

“Just who are you ponies?! Nopony was brave enough to stand up to me until now!” Lunar Eclipse yells.

Twilight goes wide-eyed as she turns around, "The Geode!"

"Geode?" Aurora Shimmer says.

"The geode that keeps the force field up." Twilight says, pointing to the Geode, which is perfectly sitting on the ground, "If we destroy that, the force field will disappear and the message I tried to send to Princess Celestia will send!”

“Then let’s hurry!” Aurora says as she and Twilight quickly dash for the Geode.

“Oh no you don’t!” Lunar Eclipse shouts as she blasts a beam of magic at the two ponies.

Star Dream quickly flies in front of the beam, taking the hit on her wing, frying her wing. Star Dream shouts in pain as she collapses to the ground.

“NO!!!” Lunar Eclipse yells as she quickly teleports to the Geode. She ends up on one side, while Aurora Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle are on one side. Lunar Eclipse growls in anger.


Aurora and Twilight don’t slow down as they continue charging for the gem. Lunar Eclipse prepares a beam of magic to fire at the ponies, but Amber Gem quickly jumps in front of her, clashing her horn with Lunar’s. Lunar goes wide-eyed in shock. “Hurry! Get the gem!” Amber yells.

“GET OFF ME!!!” Lunar Eclipse yells as she blasts Amber off her as she quickly charges for the gem. Any of the ponies could take it. Aurora and Twilight are just about to grab it, but so is Lunar Eclipse. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Blossom Night charges at Lunar Eclipse, piercing through her chest with her horn, pushing her out of the way, “AH!!! YOU SON OF A YAK!!!” Lunar Eclipse pushes Blossom off with magic.

Twilight grabs the geode, “I got it!”

Aurora quickly charges a beam of magic into the geode.

“NO!” Lunar Eclipse tries to run at the two, but can’t, as the wound on her hurts too much, “NOOOOOOOO!!!!”

Aurora finally charges enough magic into the gem, causing it to shatter.


Immediately, the force field around Ponyville fades and the letter Twilight sent restarts its course to Canterlot. Lunar Eclipse looks at Canterlot with an annoyed face, “Ah, find me in the alps.”

“We did it!” Twilight says in excitement as she turns to Aurora, “WE DID IT!”

Aurora smiles at Twilight, “We did!”

A bright flash of light shines in the sky as Princess Celestia descends to the ground from it.

Lunar Eclipse rolls her eyes, “Princess Celestia! How nice of you to join us.”

Princess Celestia goes wide-eyed as she witnesses Lunar Eclipse, “Lunar Eclipse! So it is you.”

“In the flesh.” Lunar says with a smirk, “How have you been, auntie?”

“How are you here?” Celestia asks as she approaches Lunar Eclipse.

Lunar rolls her eyes, “Alright, don’t answer my question, that’s fine. I am here to claim what is rightfully mine! As the daughter of the great Nightmare Moon…and as the heir to the Crystal Throne! Now where is my mother?”

“Nothing in Equestria belongs to you, Lunar.” Celestia says, scowling at the pony.

“You know, that’s funny. I seem to recall the same thing being said to my father!” Lunar Eclipse says as she quickly fires a beam of magic at Celestia. Celestia fires a beam back, clashing with the pony. Lunar Eclipse struggles to keep up with Celestia’s power and Celestia’s beam of magic strikes down on Lunar’s horn, pushing her to the ground, “Agh….not bad.”

“It’s over, Lunar Eclipse. You’re coming with me.” Celestia says as she approaches Lunar Eclipse.

“No, I don’t think I will. You think you can just defeat and capture me, Celestia? Think again! The time for peace and harmony within Equestria is over. For me and my father have returned!” Lunar Eclipse says.

Celestia backs up in shock, her eyes widening, “No, that’s impossible!”

Lunar Eclipse chuckles, “Be warned, Princess. The time for the King of Darkness to rise…is NOW!” Lunar Eclipse quickly fades into a puff of black smoke as her laugh echoes through the ears of the ponies surrounding her.



Celestia calms down as she looks at the ground, deep in thought. “Princess Celestia! Who was that?” Aurora asks.

“I’m sure you should have pieced it together. That’s Lunar Eclipse. The daughter of Princess Luna.” Celestia says.

Everypony gasps. “So she was telling the truth.” Twilight says, turning to Aurora.

“Many Centuries Ago. Before Princess Luna’s unfortunate banishment into the moon, she had a child. However, she should have perished centuries ago.” Celestia says, “I’m sorry that I must leave as soon as I’ve arrived. But with the appearance of Lunar Eclipse, I fear something greater may emerge.”

“Like what?” Twilight asks.

“Her father.” Celestia says, before her mood shifts to happiness, “It was nice seeing you both, Aurora Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle. We really must meet under less…dire circumstances. Farewell, my little ponies.”

The ponies smile as Princess Celestia disappears into another bright flash of light. “What do you think she meant by her father?” Aurora asks Twilight.

“I’m not sure. But I have a feeling we’ll find out eventually.” Twilight says.





Lunar Eclipse escapes into an underground cave, where she walks to a crystal ball situated on top of a stone. She rubs her hooves on it and a pair of eyes appear. They are red with a green sclera and purple smoke emanating from them, “I’m sorry, father. I could not get rid of the ponies like you asked. In fact, there was a group of 6 more ponies who helped them.”

“What of the Elements of Harmony?” A deep, terrifying voice asks from the ball.

“They are located within the Canterlot Vault. Would you like me to retrieve them?” Lunar Eclipse asks.

“No. They won’t be needed for the next plan I have.” The voice says.

“Next plan?” Lunar says.

“The Crystal Empire has finally appeared once more. The Kingdom promised to us. I will make my mark there once again.” The voice says.

“What do I do, father?” Lunar Eclipse asks.

“Keep an eye on your mother and aunt. And the 6 new ponies. Lay low for now. Your time will soon come.” The voice says.

“Of course, father. Soon, Equestria will know the names of King Sombra and his daughter, Princess Lunar Eclipse.” Lunar Eclipse says.