• Published 9th Jun 2022
  • 685 Views, 24 Comments

Friendship, Love, and Harmony - LovelyFlowerBloom



Aurora Shimmer, a student of Princess Celestia is sent to Ponyville and will soon learn of the Magic and Harmony of Love and Friendship.

  • ...
8
 24
 685

Meteor Shower

“Today’s the day! It’s FINALLY the day!” Star Dream says, excitedly. She is visiting the Golden Oak Library, getting things ready with Aurora. Aurora is levitating a clipboard and checking things off of it.
“It’s just a Meteor Shower, Star.” Aurora says, chuckling.
Star Dream gasps, “JUST a meteor shower? This is the Galaxy Stardust Meteor Shower! This meteor shower is said to glow brightly with the color of rainbows! It’s supposed to be the greatest meteor shower in the history of Equestria!”
“I’m really excited too.” Twilight says, walking into the room, “I’m really interested to see if the predictions about the colors are true.”
“It’ll make one heck of a sky show if it is true.” Star Dream says before she leaps in joy, “I can’t wait! I’ve been looking forward to this since I was a Filly.”
Twilight giggles with Star Dream, “Me too!”
“I’ve never really been into Astronomy.” Aurora shrugs.
Star Dream and Twilight Sparkle turn to Aurora in horror as they gasp.
Aurora curves her eyebrows, “Um….what?”
Star Dream rushes up to Aurora, “Astronomy is the study of celestial objects and space. Meteorology is the study of Meteors. They’re two completely different things, Aurora.”
“Oh, right.” Aurora says, scratching the back of her head and blushing.
“Do we have everything?” Twilight asks.
Aurora looks over the checklist one last time, “That’s everything. Telescope, Blanket, snacks, notepad.”
“Now we just need a clear spot to watch it.” Star Dream says.
“How about the Amphitheater?” Aurora suggests.
“It’ll be too crowded. I heard that ponies from all over town are gathering there to watch it.” Twilight says.
Aurora puts her hoof to her chin, unsure of where else.
Twilight thinks for a moment before an idea comes to her, “How about the Pink Tree Field?”
Star Dream gasps in excitement, “That’s perfect! It’s a nice romantic atmosphere.”
Aurora raises an eyebrow, “Romantic?”
Star Dream catches what she said and turns to Aurora nervously, “Uh…yeah. I sorta invited Fluttershy to join us.”
Aurora puts on a teasing face as she gets closer to Star Dream, “Of course you did.”
“After what she’s recently been through, I thought the event would be good for her.” Star Dream says as she walks towards the door, “Anyway, I should finish up my work for the day. I’ll be at the Pink Tree Fields when it’s time. Bye!” Star Dream exits the Library.
Aurora smiles as Star Dream leaves and looks down at the checklist.
"That's nice of Star Dream." Twilight says, walking closer to Aurora.
"Yeah." Aurora responds, looking up to Twilight.
"Everything that happened with Lunar Eclipse, it was hard on all of us. But Fluttershy…you know?" Twilight says, her mood shifting to one of sorrow.
Aurora nods, "Yeah, it'd be worse on her."
"It's good that she has somepony like Star Dream. She's gotten closer to Fluttershy than even Rainbow Dash. She really cares about Star Dream. Nopony has ever understood or cared about Fluttershy the way Star Dream does." Twilight says, smiling.
Aurora smiles, “Yeah, it’s great having a pony like that.”
Twilight turns to Aurora with a blank expression, comprehending what she said. Aurora crosses her front legs and looks down, blushing. Twilight places her hoof on her chin before her eyes go wide. She turns to Aurora in shock.
Aurora sighs with a sad expression, “Anyway, I guess I’ll be headed out too.” Aurora walks for the exit, “See you at the Pink Tree Field.” Aurora exits the Golden Oak Library abruptly.
Twilight is left in a state of silence, still stuck on what Aurora said, “Was she…referring to me?”



The sun steadily approached the horizon as the Meteor shower was coming. Star Dream arrived at Fluttershy’s door and gently knocked on the door with her hoof, “Fluttershy, it’s Star Dream. The meteor shower is about to begin.” Star Dream is met with silence as nopony responds. Star Dream knocks again, “Fluttershy? Are you there?” Star Dream puts her ear against the door. A soft sound of crying mixed with heavy breathing is heard. Star Dream goes wide-eyed as she takes her head off the door in haste, “Fluttershy!”


Star Dream bursts through the door, startling the many critters who inhabit Fluttershy’s house. The little animals scurry into the cracks and crevices within the home which act as their homes. With Star Dream in the house, the sound is much easier heard and seems to be coming from Fluttershy’s bedroom. “Fluttershy!” Star Dream shouts as she quickly flies up to her room and sees Fluttershy sitting up in her bed, panicking as tears run down her face. “Fluttershy! Are you alright?” Star Dream says in haste as she quickly rushes up to Fluttershy and quickly wraps her front legs around her, attempting to comfort the distressed pony.
Fluttershy’s eyes stare forward in a state of shock as she breathes heavily and quickly, “I-I…sh-she…”
Star Dream places her hoof on Fluttershy’s chin and pulls Fluttershy to face her, “Hey, Fluttershy, look at me. Deep breaths.” Star Dream carefully breathes in and out to show Fluttershy, “In and out, like me. In and out. Slowly.”
Fluttershy’s breathing slows as her breathing begins to settle.
Star Dream curves a small smile, “There you go, good job. Now what’s wrong? What happened?”
“I-It was Lunar Eclipse. She was back and she…she…” Fluttershy says as tears well up in her eyes.
Star Dream pushes Fluttershy’s head into her chest as Fluttershy bursts into tears, “Hey Hey, it’s okay. It was just a dream. Everything’s alright. I’m here, Fluttershy.”
“I keep having nightmares about her. She comes back and hurts me like she did when…when…” Fluttershy says, stuttering from her tears.
“It’s alright, Fluttershy. It wasn’t real. She can’t hurt you.” Star Dream says.
Fluttershy pulls her head off Star Dream’s chest and looks Star Dream in the eyes, “Wh-What if she comes back?”
Star Dream looks at Fluttershy with a determined, yet comforting expression, “If she ever comes back, I’ll protect you. I’ll always protect you.”
Fluttershy smiles as she buries her head into Star Dream’s neck, “Thank you, Star.”
Star Dream goes wide-eyed at this interaction before she smiles passionately and pets Fluttershy on the head, “Of course, Fluttershy.”
“I always wonder what I would do without you.” Fluttershy says as she cuddles up to Star Dream.
Star Dream smiles as she comforts Fluttershy.


The pair of ponies stay in the cuddling position for a moment before Fluttershy notices that it’s getting dark outside, “O-Oh gosh! The meteor shower!” Fluttershy breaks out of the cuddle.
Star Dream goes wide-eyed as she looks out the window, “Oh no, I’d completely forgotten.”
“Well…you gotta hurry if you’re gonna make it to the Fields.” Fluttershy says, turning to Star Dream.
Star Dream lifts an eyebrow, “You’re not going?”
Fluttershy looks down in guilt, “It’s not that I don’t want to. I’m just a bit in shock from my nap. I just want to relax at home tonight.”
Star Dream nods, “Then I’m staying too.”
Fluttershy looks at Star Dream in surprise, “B-But…the Meteor shower!”
“You’re more important, Fluttershy. And besides, the Meteor Shower is visible from here too.” Star Dream says with a smile.
“Oh! You’re right!” Fluttershy says, placing her hoof on her mouth.
“You wanna…watch it with me?” Star Dream asks, extending a hoof to Fluttershy.
Fluttershy smiles and gently nods, placing her hoof on Star Dream’s.



Meanwhile, Twilight and Aurora look around in confusion as they’re already at the Pink Tree Field. “Where’s Star Dream? The sun’s already set and it’s about to start.” Twilight says.
Aurora gives a gentle smile. She’s actually glad that Star Dream hasn’t shown up. That means she can spend alone time with Twilight. “Come on, Twilight. Let’s just get set up.” Aurora lays out a blanket for the two to sit on.
Twilight turns to Aurora and smiles, “Alright.” Twilight lays on the blanket. She pulls out a Paper and Quill in preparation.
Aurora takes out a pocket watch, “It should start any moment now.”
“Perfect! First Calculation! Its start up time!” Twilight says as she writes on her paper.
Aurora watches with a smile as Twilight writes with passion.
Twilight stops writing and turns to Aurora. She gives an awkward smile, “What?”
Aurora blushes and looks away, “Nothing.”
Twilight herself looks away, herself blushing.



Star Dream and Fluttershy found a nice place to lay, a small hill just in front of Fluttershy’s cottage. The pair lay right next to each other as they look at the stars above, awaiting the Meteor Shower. Not long passes as soon, a streak of light dashes across the sky. Fluttershy and Star Dream smile widely. “Is it starting?” Fluttershy asks.
Star Dream nods, “Yeah, it is.” The two ponies watch with bright eyes as more and more meteors begin flying by. Star Dream turns to Fluttershy, looking at her for a moment before darting her eyes to Fluttershy’s back. Star Dream raises her wing and slowly lowers it onto Fluttershy. As soon as the wing touches down, Fluttershy flinches sofly, having not expected it. Fluttershy turns to Star Dream, prompting Star Dream to smile, “Listen…Fluttershy. There’s something I want to ask you.”
“Yes?” Fluttershy says.
“This may seem strange to ask but…will you be my Special Somepony?” Star Dream asks.
Fluttershy gasps quietly as she’s surprised by the question, “O-Oh gosh…”
Star Dream takes immediate notice of Fluttershy's reaction as she blushes profusely and looks away, taking her wing off Fluttershy, “S-Sorry! Nevermind. F-Forget I said anything.”
“N-No! I-I mean…yes! I-I’d like to!” Fluttershy says, hastily trying to fix what she started.
Star Dream’s eyes widen as she turns back to Fluttershy, “Y-You wanna be my Special Somepony?”
Fluttershy smiles, “Of course! I’d love to!”
Star Dream smiles passionately as she leans her head close to Fluttershy. Fluttershy realizes what’s coming and closes her eyes in preparation. The two ponies share a passionate kiss as the Meteors above them flash across the sky with brilliant colors of the rainbow.
Behind a bush near the two ponies, Nuptial watches with a smile, “Oh yeah, it’s all coming together.”