• Published 9th Jun 2022
  • 685 Views, 24 Comments

Friendship, Love, and Harmony - LovelyFlowerBloom



Aurora Shimmer, a student of Princess Celestia is sent to Ponyville and will soon learn of the Magic and Harmony of Love and Friendship.

  • ...
8
 24
 685

Slithering Snake

Aurora Shimmer, Blossom Night, Ruby Frost, Star Dream, and Amber Gem all lay out a red and white checkered blanket onto the grassy field atop a small hill. Blossom Night and Ruby Frost both place down baskets. Amber Gem lays down a long green bottle with a grape on it. Aurora lays down on the blanket and smiles, “I can’t believe this is the first time we’re hanging out together since the whole Prince Terranus incident.”

“Yeah, hard to believe it’s only been 2 weeks.” Ruby Frost says.

“I’m just wondering where Hazel Bloom is. She should be here by now.” Star Dream says, laying down.

Blossom lays down on the blanket with the others, “I haven’t even seen her in forever. Her shop has been closed for some time now.”

“The other day, I saw her hanging out with somepony I’ve never seen before.” Amber Gem says.

“Oh! Do ya think she got a new Special Somepony?” Ruby Frost asks.

“That’d be nice. I wouldn’t blame her if she was late for this because she has a Special Somepony.” Aurora says, pouring some of the liquid from the green bottle into a cup with her magic.

Blossom Night smiles and points, “Hey look! There she is. And it looks like somepony’s with her.”

Hazel Bloom walks up the hill with a smile, “Hey, everypony! I’m sorry I’m late. I was busy.”

“It’s no problem, Hazel.” Aurora says.

Star Dream’s eyes go wide with surprise, “Hey, who’s that?”

Everypony finally notices the pony that’s walking beside Hazel Bloom. She’s an earth pony with a bright yellow coat, her mane is striped green and dark green, her eyes are dark green, she has a light green scarf around her neck, and her cutie mark is that of two theater masks with the ribbon behind them being a snake. The two ponies stop as Hazel Bloom raises her hoof to present the new pony, “This is my Special Somepony. Her name is Slither Sweet.”

Slither Sweet smiles, “Nice to finally meet you all. Hazel talks about you 5 a lot. A little TOO much.”

“Nice to meet you. I’m surprised you didn’t tell us sooner, Hazel.” Blossom Night says.

Hazel opens her mouth to speak up, but Slither Sweet answers for her, “She hasn’t been out lately.”

“Y-Yeah.” Hazel says.

“Welp, glad to hear from you again.” Ruby Frost says as she opens her basket.

Blossom Night peers into the basket. In the basket sits an apple pie, “Oh come on! I was supposed to bring a pie.”

“I know, but my mother just finished a delivery to the shop, so I decided to bake an apple pie while they were fresh.” Ruby Frost says.

Star Dream looks at Ruby Frost in confusion, “Is it really a good idea to bake a pie when you….can’t see?”

“It would be, yes. IF you weren’t experienced.” Ruby Frost says.

“Well, it won’t matter. Because it won’t compare to my…” Blossom Night says as she pulls a pie out from her basket, “...famous Blackberry Pie!”

Ruby Frost scoffs, “Oh please. As if some ‘Blackberry Pie’ is gonna compare to an Apple Family made Apple Pie!”

Blossom Night smirks, “This is my very own mother’s recipe. She’d turn over in her grave if I didn’t make it better than yours.”

“Then how about we put that to the test.” Ruby Frost says, leaning closely towards Blossom, “We’ll have our friends decide who’s pie is better.”

“Come on then, girls. Have a slice and tell us.” Ruby Frost says, presenting the two pies with her hoof.

Aurora, Amber, and Star quickly go forward to get a slice. Blossom looks at Hazel who’s looking at the pie with bright eyes. Blossom smiles, “Want some, Hazel?”

Hazel smiles and begins to walk forward, but Slither Sweet puts her hoof in front of Hazel, “She can’t.”

Blossom raises an eyebrow, “Huh? Why not?”

“Because…she’s on a diet. She can’t have something sweet like a pie.” Slither Sweet says.

Aurora walks up to the two, “Why are you on a diet?”

“She’s trying to lose weight.” Slither Sweet says.

Aurora raises an eyebrow, “She’s at a perfectly healthy weight though.”

“She’s just trying to be healthier. Isn’t that right, Hazel?” Slither Sweet says, turning to Hazel.

Hazel Bloom looks at the ground with a frown before nodding.

“I’m afraid we must go.” Slither Sweet says.

“But…you only just got here.” Ruby Frost says.

“She’s been very busy. Only taking this small break to see you guys. But we really need to get going.” Slither Sweet says, pulling on Hazel.

Hazel curves a smile and nods. As the two walk away, Hazel Bloom waves to her friends, “Bye.”

Everypony is left in shock as they watch the two walk away. Ruby Frost scowls, “Anyone else get a weird vibe from those two? Or was it just me?”

“Hazel didn’t seem all that talkative. Slither would just talk for her.” Aurora says, curving her eyebrows.

“It certainly was strange.” Amber Gem says.

“Maybe she was just a bit shy around her.” Star Dream says.

Blossom Night scowls, “Something is definitely going on with that pony.”


Blossom Night trots down the road as she nears Hazel’s house. Blossom Night stops as she looks at the closed flower shop. She scowls as she walks around it and to the window at her bedroom. Blossom peeks over the window sill to take a look inside. Her eyes widen as she sees Slither Sweet scolding Hazel.

“I don’t want you hanging out with those 5 ponies anymore! I don’t like how they act.” Slither Sweet says.

“But they’re my friends.” Hazel says in response.

“And I don’t like you being around them.” Slither Sweet says, pointing her muzzle upwards, “They clearly don’t care about you.”

“That’s not true. I know they care about me.” Hazel says with a smile.

Slither Sweet stomps her front hoof, “Are you trying to upset me? I’m asking for something simple. I guess you really don’t love me.”

“No, no, that’s not it. I just think you’re judging them too quickly.” Hazel says.

“I know what I saw. They were expressively rude to you.” Slither Sweet says.

“They were?” Hazel asks with a confused expression.

Slither Sweet turns to Hazel Bloom, “Of course. Don’t you remember them saying awful things about you?”

“Um…no?” Hazel says, placing her hoof on her chin, “At least…I don’t think so.”

Blossom Night gasps, "She's lying to Hazel!"

Slither Sweet wraps her front legs around Hazel Bloom, "Don't worry, Hazel. I'm here for you. I'm the only pony you can trust."

Blossom Night scowls with fury as she stops peeking through the window. She stomps her hoof on the ground below her in anger.


Later, Blossom Night notices Hazel Bloom walking through Ponyville and quickly rushes to greet her. Blossom stops in front of Hazel, much to her surprise. Hazel quickly lifts her right hoof to cover her right eye, “O-Oh! Hey, Blossom.”

“Hazel? I have a few concerns about your new marefriend.” Blossom says, curving her eyebrows in concern.

“Oh? Um…what do you mean?” Hazel says, turning her face away to hide the right side of her face.

Blossom lifts an eyebrow and then scowls, “Hazel. What’s wrong?”

“What do you mean?” Hazel asks

Blossom tries to peek her head around to see the right side of Hazel’s face, “Why are you hiding your face?”

Hazel turns her head some more, “I uh…have to go.”

Hazel attempts to walk away, but Blossom Night quickly rushes in front of her and pulls down her hoof. Blossom Night gasps and goes wide-eyed, “HAZEL!”

Hazel looks down. Her right eye is now visible. It’s purple from bruising.

“HAZEL?! What happened to you?” Blossom Night asks in worry, holding Hazel’s head.

“I-It’s nothing, really.” Hazel says, trying to turn away.

Blossom scowls, “Was this caused by Slither Sweet?!”

Hazel flinches and her eyes go wide, “H-How did you know?”

“I know pony crap when I see it.” Blossom says as she lets go of Hazel’s head, “I’m gonna have a talk with that pony.”

“No! It’s fine.” Hazel says hastily, “She just got a little mad. I don’t blame her for that.”

“It’s not fine. That pony was bad news from the moment I saw her.” Blossom Night says.

Hazel shakes her head, “You just don’t know her like I do. She’s a really nice pony.”

“She doesn’t have the authority to hurt you.” Blossom Night says.

Hazel scowls at Blossom, “She’s not hurting me. She was right about you ponies!” Hazel quickly turns around and runs off.

“HAZEL! WAIT!” Blossom Night yells out, reaching her hoof forward. Blossom puts down her hoof and grunts in frustration.


Aurora stands in the Golden Oak library, carefully using her magic to organize the books. Twilight walks up behind her with a smile, “Thanks for helping me sort the books today. Spike was a little exhausted after the last 3 times I changed my mind on how to organize them.”

“It’s no problem. I always love organizing books.” Aurora says before looking away and blushing, “And I really like coming to hang out with you.”

Twilight blushes for a moment before shaking her head rapidly and using her magic to organize some of the books, “Yeah, me too.”

Aurora smiles and mumbles to herself, “That’s a good sign.”

Suddenly, Blossom Night bursts through the door, causing Aurora and Twilight to drop their books. Blossom Night walks towards Aurora with a serious expression. Aurora lifts an eyebrow in confusion, “Blossom Night? What’s going on?”

Blossom stops in front of Aurora, “Hazel Bloom is being abused.”

Aurora goes wide-eyed, “What?! By who?!”

“That new Special Somepony she’s got.” Blossom Night says.

Aurora goes wide-eyed, “A-Are you sure? I know we didn’t like her, but-”

“Yeah, I’m sure.” Blossom Night says before looking down, “She…had a bruise on her eye.”

Aurora gasps, “A Bruise?!”

“Hazel Bloom confirmed it was from Slither Sweet.” Blossom Night says.

“Well…what are we gonna do?” Aurora asks.

Blossom Night stomps her hoof, “Well I don’t know about you, but I’m gonna pummel somepony.”

“Violence isn’t the answer.” Twilight says, walking closer to the two.

Blossom turns to Twilight, “I’ve known Hazel since we were fillies. She’s an innocent pony who doesn’t deserve this. I’ll do anything to keep her safe.”

“Still, violence won’t solve this. Just talk to Slither Sweet.” Twilight says.

“Twilight’s right. We can’t just attack them. We’ll go to talk with her.” Aurora says.

Blossom Night grunts, “Fine, but if it doesn’t go anywhere, I’m throwing hooves.”

Aurora nods, “Alright.” She turns to Twilight, “I’ll be back to help out when I can.”

Twilight smiles and nods, “I won’t start without you.”

Aurora gives a passionate smile before turning and making her way out of the Golden Oak Library.


Blossom and Aurora make their way to the flower shop, where Hazel Bloom lives. Aurora knocks on the door and turns to Blossom, “Just, let me do the talking, alright?”

Blossom looks away and nods.

The door cracks open and a dark green eye peeks out, “Oh, it’s you. What do you want?”

“We’re here because we’re under the belief that you’re…mistreating Hazel.” Aurora says firmly.

The pony opens the door all the way, revealing it really is Slither Sweet, “I beg your pardon?”

“Hazel has a bruise on her eye and Blossom Night here says that Hazel said it was you.” Aurora says.

Slither Sweet’s eyes go wide as she places a hoof on her chest, “What would make you think I’d do something like that?”

Blossom Night scowls, “Oh, maybe it’s the fact that Hazel said it herself.”

Slither Sweet shakes her head, “I don’t know why you’d make up such a lie. But I wouldn’t hurt Hazel. During one of her temper tantrums, she hit her eye on the bed frame.”

Aurora’s eyes go wide, “Temper tantrums?”

“Yes, she has terrible fits of rage. In fact, she just had one earlier. I should go tend to her.” Slither Sweet says, closing the door.

“HEY!” Blossom Night says, trying to stop the door from closing.

“I had no idea Hazel could get mad like that.” Aurora says, placing a hoof on her chin.

“Are you kidding me, Aurora? You believed her?!” Blossom says, turning to Aurora with a baffled look.

“She seemed very genuine.” Aurora says.

Blossom scowls at Aurora, “She was obviously lying. How could you not see it?”

“How do you know?” Aurora asks.

Blossom looks away, “Isn’t my first time seeing somepony like that.”

“Well, maybe she’s really not doing something. After all, we haven’t seen anything.” Aurora says.

Blossom Night goes wide-eyed, “That’s it!”

Aurora tilts her head, “What?”

Blossom Night turns around and trots to the side of the building.

“Blossom? Where are you going?” Aurora asks, trotting behind her.


Blossom Night finds the window to Hazel’s room and peeks over the window seal. Aurora looks at Blossom with confusion before joining her. The two see Hazel lying in her bead, looking sad. Slither Sweet bursts into the room, “What did you say to that purple unicorn?!”

Hazel looks at Slither Sweet in confusion, “Wh-What do you mean?”

Slither Sweet walks up to Hazel’s bed, “The yellow and purple unicorns just knocked on the door and said that you told them I hit you!”

“I-I didn’t say anything. Blossom Night just-” Hazel starts to say.

Slither Sweet walks up to Hazel and hits her in the face with her hoof, “Don’t go around saying that stuff or I’ll make you regret it.”

Blossom Night goes wide-eyed and uses her horn to teleport herself into the room, in between Hazel and Slither, “DON’T YOU DARE LAY ANOTHER HOOF ON HER!!!”

Slither Sweet backs up, “Ah! It’s you!”

“Blossom?” Hazel says, looking up.

Blossom Night turns around to see Hazel Bloom, who now has a bleeding eye. Blossom Night goes wide-eyed and turns to Slither Sweet with pure rage in her eyes, “Alright you son of a mule. That’s it!”

“I-I didn’t do anything! Get away from me you brute! Hazel! Why are you turning these ponies against me?” Slither says

Hazel stands up and scowls at Slither, “I’m not the one who just hit me. Keep demanding things from me and never seem happy. I-I can’t keep doing this. I’m not happy. ”

“Wh-What?” Slither says with a scowl.


Blossom Night begins to approach Slither Sweet before Hazel stops her, placing a hoof in front of her close friend, “No, don’t harm her. Just let her leave peacefully.”

Blossom Night nods and turns to Slither Sweet with a scowl, “You heard her. Get out of here.”

Slither scowls, “Well, at least I won’t have to deal with how horrible you are anymore.” Slither quickly makes her way out of the shop.

Aurora quickly teleports into the room, “Hazel!”

Hazel Bloom sits on her bed and begins crying. Blossom and Aurora quickly sit on both sides of her. Blossom throws her front legs around Hazel Bloom, hugging her.

Aurora places her hoof onto Hazel’s left eye, “Hazel, you’re bleeding.”

Blossom ends the hug and takes a good look, “You are!”

“It’ll be okay.” Hazel says, turning her head away, “Isn’t the first time this has happened.”

Blossom Night places her hooves on Hazel’s cheeks and turns her head to look at her, “But it will be the last time. Hold still.” Blossom closes her eyes and points her horn towards Hazel’s face.

“Wh-What are you doing?” Hazel asks.

Blossom stays silent as her horn begins glowing. Aurora goes wide-eyed as Blossom’s magic heals Hazel’s eyes perfectly. Blossom opens her eyes and smiles at Hazel.

“Blossom…you have healing magic?!” Aurora yells out.

Blossom turns to Aurora. “Yeah…not really something I have many opportunities to use.”

“That’s amazing! Having healing magic is like…top tier! Even Princess Celestia only has mundane healing magic.” Aurora says, rushing up to Blossom with a huge smile.

Blossom smiles and points to her cutie mark, “It IS how I got my Cutie Mark.”

“THAT’S AMAZING!” Aurora says

Blossom turns to Hazel, “You okay?”

Hazel smiles and nods, “Better now, thanks.”

Blossom turns to Aurora, “You can get going. I’ll take care of Hazel for now.”

“Are you sure?” Aurora asks.

Blossom nods, “Yeah. I think you have a letter to write to the Princess. Not to mention your date with Twilight.”

“DATE?! Wh-What do you mean date?!” Aurora says, blushing.

Blossom chuckles, “Just go.”

Aurora smiles and nods, “Alright.”


Aurora quickly made her way to her house, immediately taking her journal, quill, and ink out with her magic. She opens the book, dips the quill in the ink and begins writing.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that the pony you love may not always be what they seem. There are some ponies who use love to their advantage and hurt the ponies they’ve said they love. Nopony should ever have to be with a pony that hurts them or makes them unhappy. Love is about caring for one another and being fair. If you’re unhappy in the relationship you are in, the best thing you can do for yourself is end it.

Signed,

Your Faithful Student, Aurora Shimmer