• Published 9th Jun 2022
  • 685 Views, 24 Comments

Friendship, Love, and Harmony - LovelyFlowerBloom



Aurora Shimmer, a student of Princess Celestia is sent to Ponyville and will soon learn of the Magic and Harmony of Love and Friendship.

  • ...
8
 24
 685

Elements of Love Part 3

The group made their way through the grassy fields, opting to go around the dangerous Everfree Forest. After a long day of travel, the ponies finally stopped. Starting a fire in order to camp for the night.

Blossom Night throws a branch into the fire in order to fuel it.

"Blossom Night!" Hazel Bloom says

Blossom Night turns to Hazel Bloom, "What?"

"That branch was still alive." Hazel says in a disapproving tone.

Blossom Night sits down and shrugs, "It was a branch. It really doesn't make a difference."

"It was a living organism. You of all people should respect that." Hazel Bloom says, pointing at Blossom Night.

Blossom Night turns around to look at her cutie mark, realizing what it symbolized. She puts on a guilty expression and looks back at Hazel Bloom, "Eheh, sorry."

"Alright Everypony! We should get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow." Aurora says, approaching the ponies.

"If we even make it to the Badlands. Chances are, Prince Terranus will be out lookin' for us." Ruby Frost says.

"Gotta remain optimistic. I'll bet we'll make it and give that evil pony a thrashing." Star Dream says, clenching her hoof.

"I doubt it." Blossom Night says, crossing her front legs.

"Oh c'mon, have a little optimism." Star Dream says, leaning forward.

"Optimism isn't really my thing. I prefer being realistic. And think of this logically. What are the chances that we find some magical ancient artifacts that can defeat Prince Terranus?" Blossom Night says, leaning back and rolling her eyes.

"Well we can at least say things to make ourselves feel better." Amber Gem says

"I prefer being honest." Blossom Night says bluntly, "The Truth is better than some lie to spare someone's feelings. Helps you prepare for the real world."

"Well, I can't exactly argue with that." Ruby Frost says.

Aurora looks around at the ponies, "Where's Twilight?"

Amber Gem points in a direction, "I saw her going over there."

Aurora looks in the direction Amber pointed and makes her way that way. Soon, she sees Twilight, sitting by herself, looking down at the ground. Aurora approaches her cautiously and sits next to her. Aurora's eyes go wide at seeing that Twilight looks incredibly sad, "What's wrong?"

"I'm worried about my friends. I don't know what's going to happen to them." Twilight says.

Aurora looks down for a moment before responding, "I'm sure they'll be fine."

"But what if they aren't? Prince Terranus has no reason to keep my friends alive. What if he…kills them?" Twilight says, looking up at the night sky.

Aurora is taken aback by this claim. The idea of Prince Terranus killing Twilight's friends had not occurred to her. Just like how much Twilight's friends meant to Twilight. Aurora raises her front leg in order to comfort Twilight, hesitating at first before finally wrapping it around Twilight, "I'm positive they'll be fine."

Twilight smiles, "Thank you. That does give me some solace."

"I'm glad. Honestly, seeing you down made me sad." Aurora says, smiling and closing your eyes. Everything goes silent and Aurora opens her eyes to see Twilight giving her a strange stare. As if Twilight isn't sure about how she feels. Aurora face blushes a deep red as she quickly stands up, "U-Um…w-well. I better get back to the others." Aurora quickly trots back to the campfire, leaving Twilight to watch her leave.

Twilight places her hoof on her chest in confusion, "That was a strange feeling."

Aurora stands tall as she prepares to speak, "Alright, everypony. Let's get to sleep."

Everyone nods as they all, one by one, go to sleep.

Morning came and the ponies continued their journey. Soon, they came across a swamp. Ruby Frost lifts an eyebrow in confusion, "Why’d we stop?"

"There's a swamp." Twilight says.

"That's all? Shoot, ain't nopony got time for that." Ruby Frost says, walking forward.

Aurora holds her hoof out in front of Ruby Frost, stopping her, “Hold on there, Ruby. It’s not just any swamp. It’s the Latigoes Swamp.”

“The what now swamp?” Ruby Frost asks, confused.

“The Latigoes Swamp. Home to the legendary Drakon.” Hazel Bloom says, placing her hooves on her cheeks.

“Only the worst place in Equestria. Second only to the Everfree Forest! You must have read about it in school.” Amber Gem says.

Ruby Frost gives a disappointed look, “I probably would have, if I could read.”

Amber Gem blushes, “Oh…right.”

“Do we have to go through it? Can’t we just go around?” Blossom Night asks

Twilight takes a look at the map, “It seems like the only way we’re getting to the badlands is through the swamp. Either that or go through the Macintosh hills south. Beyond this swamp lies the borders of the Badlands. It’s our only option.”

Star Dream steps forward, “If that’s what it takes! C’mon girls!” Star Dream turns back to the other ponies, “We made a Commitment to this mission. We’ll see it through till the end. No matter what!”

The ponies nod in agreement and cheer in sync, “YEAH!!!”

Star Dream smiles and turns to the swamp, “Alright, let’s do this!”

The 7 ponies proceeded into the Latigoes swamp, ready to face whatever challenge comes their way. The ponies carefully make their way through the dense, moss filled waters of the swamp. Star Dream carefully steps forward to test how deep the waters are as they go, “Careful, girls. There’s a hole here. Watch your step.”

Something quickly brushes past Hazel Bloom’s hind legs. Hazel Bloom looks behind herself in shock. There’s nopony behind her, as she is the last one in the line. Blossom Night looks behind and sees Hazel Bloom staring at her hind legs curiously, “Everything alright, Hazel?”

“I thought I felt something move across my leg.” Hazel Bloom says

“It was probably just a long line of moss. Heck, it’s everywhere.” Blossom Night says, pulling a piece of moss off her belly.

“I know, right? I hope we’ll be out of here soon. I’m used to digging through dirt and all, but this is just plain gross.” Amber Gem says.

Dusky buries himself deeper into the mane of Aurora, “I’m lucky I don’t have to walk.”

Aurora looks at the 3 falling behind, “Pick up the pace, girls. The sooner we get out, the sooner we can save Equestria.”

Blossom Night and Amber Gem nod and continue on. Blossom Night stops and looks behind, noticing that Hazel Bloom still hasn’t moved, “Hazel, come on. Hazel?”

Hazel leans her face closer to the water, squinting her eyes. From where Hazel is staring intently at, two eyes open. Hazel flinches, stepping away, “G-Girls!”

Suddenly, a huge, green, scaly tail bursts out from the water and snatches Hazel Bloom. “HAZEL BLOOM!!!” The 6 ponies scream out. A large, serpent-like Dragon bursts out from the water and slithers away, taking Hazel Bloom with it.

Aurora scowls, “After it!”

The ponies all trip and fall as they attempt to push their way through the Swamp. One after another, they trip as they are unable to gain hoofing through the swampy water. Finally, the serpent is out of view.

“No! Hazel Bloom! We gotta go save her!” Blossom Night yells out, struggling to get up.

“We can’t do anything in this swamp. Even if we knew where she was just taken.” Amber Gem says

“Well we gotta do something!” Blossom Night says, turning to Star Dream, “Go! Fly after her.”

“Blossom, even if I chose to break my vow not to fly, I wouldn’t be able to. I haven’t flown in so long that I’ve all but forgotten how to.” Star Dream says with a guilty face.

Blossom Night looks down in defeat.

Aurora charges some magic into her horn, “Maybe If I can…” the light from the magic glows more and more until Aurora’s body flashes and appears further away from the group, “I don’t know if I can, but maybe I can get close to them by teleporting closer and closer.”

“Are you crazy, Aurora?” Twilight says, “Using a teleportation spell that many times in a row is impossible!”

“I have to try.” Aurora says charging another spell.

Twilight gives a determined look and blasts a beam of Magic into Aurora’s horn.

Aurora goes wide-eyed in shock and turns to Twilight, “Wh-What are you doing?”

Twilight grunts in exhaustion, “You’re gonna need more magic.”

Blossom Night turns around and looks at her Cutie Mark before turning back to Aurora and blasting a beam of magic into Aurora’s horn.

Aurora looks at Blossom Night in shock, “Blossom?”

Blossom Night smirks, “I have a bit of experience in sharing magic. Take some of mine too.”

Aurora smiles, “Thank you both!”

Twilight and Blossom Night both collapse to their knees in exhaustion.

Aurora channels the magic she received to teleport multiple times in a row almost seamlessly. Finally, she appears in front of a cave, “This must be where that monster took her.” Aurora quickly runs into the cave.

Crying is heard as Aurora starts to slow down. Aurora’s face shifts to one of sympathy, “Oh no, that must be Hazel Bloom. Poor thing.” Aurora turns a corner to see…the serpent-like dragon is crying. Aurora goes wide-eyed in disbelief.

“A-And that’s why I don’t ever try making friends.” The dragon says in a low, rumbling voice. The dragon places his claws onto his eyes as he cries.

Hazel Bloom pats the dragon’s back, “I understand. But that doesn’t give you the right to kidnap a pony against their will.”

“I know. It’s just so lonely out here on my own.” The dragon says, tapping his claws together.

“I know. I have a wonderful friend named Fluttershy who’d be happy to introduce you to some friends.” Hazel Bloom says.

“R-Really?” The dragon asks

Hazel Bloom nods, “Mhm.”

“H-Hazel Bloom?” Aurora says, nearly at a loss for words.

Hazel Blooms turns to see Aurora. Her face quickly lights up, “Aurora! You made it.”

“Wh-What’s going on here?” Aurora asks.

Hazel Bloom looks at the dragon, “This here is Ladon. He’s a drakon. He kidnapped me because he was lonely. But he apologized.”

“I’m really sorry. Is there any way I can make it up to you?” Ladon asks

Aurora smiles, “Yeah, you could help us with something.”


Ladon proceeded to help carry the 7 ponies to the edge of the Swamp, unharmed.

“You’ll visit sometimes, right?” Ladon asks

Hazel Bloom nods, “Of course. Goodbye now.”

Ladon waves before diving into the water and swimming away.

Aurora turns to Hazel, “That was impressive, Hazel. How were you able to pacify him?”

Hazel smiles, “Sometimes, you just need to show some Compassion.”

Aurora places her hoof on her chin, “Hmmmm.”


The 7 ponies climb their way up the hill that separated the Latigoes Swamp and the Badlands. “There it is, everypony.” Twilight says, pointing at a large, desolate castle, “Prince Terranus’ Castle.”

“We’re almost finished.” Aurora says, smiling.

“Good thing too. When this is all over, I might finally ask out Lyra Heartstrings.” Amber Gem says.

The other 6 ponies turn and look at Amber Gem.

“What? I’m just saying. It’s been on my to-do list and I want to get it done when this is over.” Amber Gem says

“Just…was kinda out of nowhere.” Ruby Frost says.

“Please, this is the longest I’ve ever gone without talking about dating. You all know I set up Ditzy Doo with Berryshine, right?” Amber Gem says, placing a hoof on her chest

“I thought that was Bon Bon.” Blossom Night says

“Of course she HELPED. But it was I who started the whole thing. I’ve set up pretty much all of the iconic dates in Ponyville. It’s literally one of my specialties.” Amber Gem says.

“So…theoretically, you could help set me up on a date with someone…specific?” Star Dream says.

Amber Gem rushes up to Star Dream, placing a leg around her shoulders, “Of course. Would you like me to set you up on a date with Fluttershy?”

Star Dream pushes Amber Gem off and blushes, “Wh-Who said anything about Fluttershy?!”

“Oh don’t play dumb with me. I’ve seen the way you look at her.” Amber Gem says.

Star Dream blushes more as she scratches the back of her head, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Aurora chuckles, “Wow, you can really set up anyone?”

“Of course! I have a huge Passion for romance.” Amber Gem says

Twilight giggles, “Alright everypony, let’s stay focused. We need to get to the castle.”

“Twilight’s right. We should get going.” Aurora says as she walks forward.

The group of ponies make their way down the hill and to the abandoned castle. There, they came face to face with the front door. It was large and very long.

"Alright girls, inside should be the Elements of Love." Aurora says as she opens the front door. The door leads to a throne room.

"So…what is it?" Ruby Frost asks.

"It's a Throne room?" Blossom Night asks.

"That's correct. This must be where Prince Terranus ruled from back when he took over Equestria." Aurora says, walking into it.

Amber Gem shakes in fear, "Are we really gonna go in there?"

"Yes we are." Aurora says all the girls go in, except for Amber Gem.

Everyone proceeds, until Ruby Frost's ear perks up. "I only hear 6 hoofsteps." Ruby Frost mumbles before turning around, "Amber? Is that you?"

"Um…yes. You just go on ahead, I'll just wait here." Amber says, staying outside the castle.

Ruby Frost lifts her ear up and hears that the other ponies are continuing without Ruby or Amber. She puts her ear down and walks towards Amber Gem, "Are ya scared?"

Amber Gem blushes and nods.

Ruby Frost stares for a while before speaking up, "If you just nodded, I can't exactly see it."

"O-Oh! Right. Sorry." Amber says, "Um…I am a little scared, yes."

Ruby Frost smiles and holds out her hoof, "Would it help you if I held your hoof?"

Amber Gem stares at Ruby's open hoof before finally extending her own to grab it, "Um…yes, it would."

Ruby Frost holds Amber Gem's good as they go to the next room.

As the two walk into the next room, Ruby hears the others walking some more. She shakes her head, "Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves."

Everyone turns around to see Ruby and Amber.

"Amber Gem was scared to come into the castle. And none of y'all noticed." Ruby Frost shakes her head.

"Oh shoot, I'm sorry Amber. I didn't notice." Star Dream says

"Oh, it's quite alright. I should have spoken up about it." Amber Gem says

Ruby Frost smiles and walks forward, "This is why Communication is important. Y'all need to know how each other feels, so we can all work together as best as we can."

Everyone smiles at this.

Twilight opens a door and walks into it. Her eyes widen as she looks upon a pillar that houses the Element of Love. Five spherical stones, "The Elements!"

Aurora walks up from behind Twilight with a smile, "We found them."

Aurora and Twilight both smile at each other, their eyes seeming to lock on each other for an eternity.

Blossom Night walks in between the two girls and chuckles, "Um, shouldn't we get them?"

Aurora blushes, "U-Um, right!"

Blossom Night, Twilight, Aurora, and Amber Gem all use their magic to take down the 5 Elements. Twilight looks at her Elements in worry, "Oh no. There's only 5. Just like the Elements of Harmony."

"What? Wh-Where's the sixth?!" Aurora asks, looking around

Twilight places a hoof on her chin, "Before I found the Elements of Harmony, I read a book that told how to discover the Sixth Element. It was a spark. When I discovered the Magic of Friendship, the sixth element appeared."

Suddenly, roots sprout from the concrete ground of the castle. They latch onto all 5 of the Elements of Love and shatter them. Everypony gasps in horror. "THE ELEMENTS! NO!"

Prince Terranus' chuckle is heard echoing throughout the room, "Did you really think I would allow you to escape and find the Elements of Love?"

The ponies look on in horror as the vines transform into Prince Terranus' body. "Terranus!" Aurora yells out

Prince Terranus smirks, "I was defeated by the Elements of Love before. It was foolish to believe that I wouldn't account for them this time. Now, you have no way of defeating me. All you ponies went through this adventure for nothing. Went through all of that together and yet, have nothing to show for it!"

"You're the foolish one, Terranus!" Twilight says with a smirk.

Everypony looks at Twilight in confusion.

"What?" Prince Terranus says, backing up.

"The physical Elements of Harmony were destroyed by Nightmare Moon. But their spirits were not." Twilight says, turning to Aurora.

Aurora's eyes widen as she looks at the ponies she adventured with. She gasps. She turns to Prince Terranus, her too with a smirk, "Twilight is right. You could never destroy the Elements of Love. Because their spirits are right here!"

Prince Terranus steps back as he looks at the pony with a mix of fear and confusion.

Aurora looks at Blossom Night, "Blossom Night, who didn't spare the feelings of her fellow friends and was honest with them represents…Truth!"

The shards from one of the Elements levitate and fly to Blossom Night, surrounding her. Blossom Night looks on with curiosity.

Aurora looks to Star Dream, "Star Dream, who showed that she would stick to her promise no matter what represents…Commitment!"

The shards from another Element begin surrounding Star Dream.

Aurora turns to Hazel Bloom, "Hazel Bloom, who even after being kidnapped by the Drakon, showed care and understanding towards the creature represents…Compassion!"

The shards quickly surround Hazel Bloom as she looks at them with a cute smile.

Aurora turns to Amber Gem, "Amber Gem, who revealed to us how passionate she is about love represents…Passion!"

"Oooh!" Amber Gem mumbles as the shards surround her.

"And finally, Ruby Frost, who stayed behind to understand her friend's feelings represents…Communication! These 5 ponies all showed that they represent these respective Elements." Aurora says

Prince Terranus chuckles, "Nice try, My Little Ponies. But you seem to have forgotten that you're missing an Element. It won't work!"

"Actually, there is another element. It's right here!" Aurora says as she turns to Twilight.

Twilight looks at Aurora in confusion, unsure of what she means.

"Throughout this time I've spent with Twilight Sparkle. She's made me realize something. Made me feel something I've never felt before." Aurora says before turning to Prince Terranus, "The Final Element! The Element…of Affection!"

All 5 of the elements form into Necklaces that attach onto their corresponding ponies. The ponies all levitate from the ground. Together, they fire a beam of magic into Aurora's head, creating a crown on her head. Prince Terranus goes wide-eyed as the Elements generate a large rainbow that blasts into his direction. "NO!!! NO!!!" Prince Terraus shouts. The Rainbow surrounds and wraps his body, turning him into stone from the hooves up. Prince Terranus lifts his front right hoof and roars into the sky until his entire body is frozen to stone.

The 6 Ponies slowly descend to the ground. Aurora looks at the petrified Prince Terranus before looking around, "Is it over?"

Twilight looks at Aurora with an unsure look,"I think so."

"Woah! These necklaces! They look just like our cutie Marks!" Amber Gem says

"Hey, would you look at that?" Star Dream says, lifting up her necklace.

Ruby Frost laughs, "I wish I could see it."

Everyone chuckles at this comment.

"Mine's a little green colored berry bush." Blossom Night says.

"Mine is a white crystal rock. Well, more of a smoky white." Amber Gem says

"I have an orange spiral Galaxy." Star Dream says.

"And mine is a pink flower." Hazel Bloom says

"Anyone mind telling me what mine is?" Ruby Frost asks

Star Dream leans closely, "It's a Red Apple. With a bite in it."

Blossom Night walks up to Aurora, "And Aurora. Yours is just amazing. It's a yellow sun!"

Aurora smiles, "It is really nice."

"Indeed it is." A voice is heard as a bright light appears in the room.

Everypony turns to the source of the bright light. The light fades and reveals Princess Celestia. Everypony smiles and kneels before her. Aurora's kneel is short lived as she runs up to Princess Celestia, "Princess Celestia! You're okay! How come you said I was reading too much into it?"

Princess Celestia is taken aback at Aurora's forwardness. She chuckles, "I didn't want you to worry. Prince Terranus' return was inevitable. I only said what I did in order to allow you to focus on the Elements rather than Prince Terranus himself." Princess Celestia walks up to the petrified Terranus, "Prince Terranus my lover, once upon a time."

"YOUR LOVER?!?!" Everypony gasps.

"I knew if you weren't worried about Prince Terranus' return, you may listen to the task I gave to you." Princess Celestia says

Aurora looks down for a moment before remembering what Celestia said and turning to Twilight, "You wanted me to become attracted to someone. So that I may discover the Magic of Love."

Princess Celestia nods, "Indeed I did. I hoped that if you could learn of the Magic of Love, you could use the Elements of Love to defeat Prince Terranus." She leans closely into the Petrified Terranus' face, placing her hoof on his check, "It saddens me what my love has turned into. The darkness in his heart has overtaken him in a way that can never be undone like my sister."

Twilight runs up to Princess Celestia, "Princess Celestia, are my friends alright?"

Celestia turns around and nods at Twilight, "Yes. All of them are okay and readily await your return."

Twilight smiles at this news.

Celestia turns to Aurora, "As for you. I await your return to Canterlot."

Aurora frowns and looks at Twilight and her new friends, "I'd love to return, Princess Celestia. But may I ask to stay in Ponyville and continue my studies there? It's just that, these ponies have made me the happiest I've ever been. And I believe there is more about Love and Friendship that I could learn."

Princess Celestia smiles, "Very well then. I will arrange for a house to be constructed for you in Ponyville. And you are to report to me any new lessons you learn on the Magic of Love and Friendship."

Aurora's friends all cheer as they all come together for a group hug. Aurora had never believed that she would find a group of ponies she loved to be with more. Or even a pony she thought she'd be romantically attracted to. But she found them all in Ponyville. And many more lessons and friends were yet to come.