• Published 9th Jun 2022
  • 685 Views, 24 Comments

Friendship, Love, and Harmony - LovelyFlowerBloom



Aurora Shimmer, a student of Princess Celestia is sent to Ponyville and will soon learn of the Magic and Harmony of Love and Friendship.

  • ...
8
 24
 685

Basket of Eggheads

“Zealous Zebras: A Guide to the Intelligent Species of Zebras.” Aurora says as she slides the book into the book shelf, “There, all done. Every guide book has been organized by alphabetical order. What’s next?”

Twilight levitates a paper with her magic, looking over it diligently, “Next is Science Fiction.”

“Well, then let’s get to it.” Aurora says, walking over to the pile of books and using her horn to rapidly look through them.

“Twilight! I got a letter from Princess Celestia!” Spike says, running into the room while holding a scroll in his claw. He stops next to Twilight, holding the scroll up for her to grab.

Twilight uses her magic to levitate, unfurl, and read the scroll, “My Dearest Twilight. It is my understanding that you’ve been spending a lot of time with another one of my former students, Aurora Shimmer. Therefore, I have decided to give both of you a special task to do together.”

Aurora’s eyes light up, “A special task from the Princess?”

“For both of us to complete!” Twilight says, smiling and turning to Aurora.

“Well…what else does it say?” Aurora asks, leaning in closer, causing her ear to touch on Twilight’s.

The two mares flinch and look at each other, neither one objectifying to keeping their ears touching. Both are not sure how to feel about being as close as they are, however they know it is a good feeling. The two ponies get lost in each other’s eyes as they both begin to blush.

Spike stands there, utterly confused with his eyebrow raised, “Uh…are you gonna read the letter?”

Twilight’s face goes completely red as she pulls away, “O-Oh! Right! Sorry! Spaced out for a second!”

Aurora scratches the back of her head with her hoof as she chuckles, “Eheh, yeah…me too.”

“Ahem, where was I?” Twilight says, looking at the scroll, “Oh right! A previously thought extinct species is thought to have been spotted in the White Tail Woods. I would like for you and Aurora Shimmer to venture into the forest together and confirm if these rumors are true.”

“What animal is she referring to?” Aurora asks.

Twilight looks closer at the writing, “The creature in question is the Amphista. A creature with the body of a Dragon, the head of a snake, the wings of an eagle, and a snake head on the end of its tail.”

Aurora gasps, “The Amphista?! Could it really still exist?!” Aurora smiles in glee.

“I’ve never heard of such a creature.” Twilight says, looking at Aurora.

Aurora places a hoof on her chin, “What region did you major in for Mythical Creatures class in Celestia’s School?”

“Northern and Eastern Equestrian Creatures. What about you?” Twilight says.

“Southern and Western Equestrian Creatures. As well as some Beyond Equestrian Creatures, but that class didn’t stick. Explains why you wouldn’t know about the Amphistas. They’re native to Eastern Equestria. Well…actually, they’re an Invasive Species reigning from the Undiscovered West, but they never had too much of an impact on the Equestrian Ecosystem, so they sort of became part of it.” Aurora says, running off a tangent.

Twilight smiles, “I was never much into Mythical Creatures myself. I was more interested in the Pony Magic Class.”

Aurora’s eyes light up, “Oh, that class is great!”

“Isn’t it?” Twilight says excitedly.

“Though, Magic II is really great.” Aurora says.

“I actually never took that class. I qualified for Advanced Spells. So I skipped Magic II.” Twilight says.

“Oh Lucky! I tried to skip it by taking the Pre-Test, but I failed by a single mark.” Aurora says.

“Artifacts?” Twilight asks.

Aurora looks away, blushing in embarrassment and nodding, “Yeah, it’s a hard category.”

“It trips everypony up. Even me.” Twilight says, placing a hoof on her chest.

Aurora rolls her eyes, “Yeah, but you passed anyway.”

Spike looks at the two nerd ponies and rolls his eyes, “Are you two done yet?”

Twilight and Aurora blush as they turn to Spike. Twilight chuckles, “Eheheh, it’s just nice to finally have a pony to talk about Magic School with.”

“Yeah, I only ever have Dusky to talk about it with.” Aurora says.

“How is Dusky, anyway? You haven’t brought him in a while.” Twilight says.

“He’s hibernating for the Winter.” Aurora says.

“Oh, that makes sense.” Twilight says.

“Are you two gonna get to the assignment or are you gonna keep talking about Magic School?” Spike asks.

“OH! Righ! Sorry, Spike. You’re in charge of the Library while I’m gone.” Twilight says, turning to Spike.

“I’ll go get ready.” Aurora says.

“We’ll meet on the edge of Western Ponyville.” Twilight says, turning to Aurora.

Aurora nods in response.


Aurora and Twilight both got ready and just as planned, met at the edge of Ponyville. The two quickly began their journey towards the White Tail Woods. As the White Tail Woods are somewhat close to Ponyville, it didn’t take TOO much time. It’s just about a day trip. As they arrived at the White Tail Woods, they proceeded into the forest without a second thought, unaware that an evil presence was following them. The two creatures stalk the Little Ponies from the trees, keeping keen eyes on them. “Why are we following these two? We have better things to do! The Queen told us to keep an eye on the Pony town.” One of the creatures says. Their voices are slightly distorted and masculine.

The next creature shakes her head, “You’re not like the Queen and I. You can only sense love itself. However, me and the Queen can sense the potential for love. We can sense it grow.”

“What does that have to do with following them?” The male creature asks.

“These two have a potential for Love unlike anything I’ve ever sensed before. If things go correctly, their love can grow into one that’s more powerful than anything in Equestria.” The female creature says, mesmerized by the view of the two ponies walking through the forest, chatting up a storm and giggling.

“And so I yelled out, ‘I CAN’T DECIDE’, and then Spike said, ‘Uh, he just wants to take your order’.” Twilight says as the two Unicorn Mares walk together.

Aurora gives a little laugh, “That must have been embarrassing.”

Twilight chuckles, “Yeah, but can you blame me? They’d all been bugging me for the Ticket all day. It was the only thing on my mind.”

“I don’t understand why Princess Celestia didn’t send 6 Tickets in the beginning. I mean, you all DID kinda save all of Equestria.” Aurora says, pushing up her glasses, which have been slipping down.

“What about you? Did you get any Tickets for the Grand Galloping Gala?” Twilight asks.

Aurora nods, “Yup. And Princess Celestia had the foresight to give all my friends one too.”

Twilight looks forwards and sees a lake. The lake sparkles a bright blue color, like a gemstone, “Wow! Look at that!”

“Woah! It’s beautiful!” Aurora says as the two mares stop in front of it.

“That’s neat, it must be some sort of Bioluminescence!” Twilight says, leaning her head close to it.

Aurora looks up at the sky as it darkens, “Looks like we’ll be able to see it in the dark. And we should get a camp set up.”

Twilight turns to Aurora and nods as they both start up a camp. Set with Tents and a Fire.

The two creatures sit in a tree, camouflaged by their black skin in the darkness. They watch the mares as they set up their campe for the night. “Nuptial! I’m bored!” the male creature says.

“Be quiet, Tarsus!” The female creature says, who’s name is Nuptial.

Tarsus scowls, “I’m hungry! Are we gonna feast on their love or not?”

Nuptial shakes her head, “No. We need to wait. Like I said, their love has so much potential. If I can make sure it grows enough, it could be enough to feed the entire hive.”

Tarsus looks down at his stomach as it growls, “Ugh! Wouldn’t it be easier if we just feed on it now? I’m soooooo hungry!” Tarsus lays on the large branch and holds his tummy.

“No. We can’t pass up an opportunity like this. We’re gonna watch and make sure their love grows correctly.” Nuptial says.

“Ugh, you’re lucky you’re not a normal changeling. Getting to do whatever you want.” Tarsus says.

Nuptial smiles, “Indeed.”


“Whew! All done!” Aurora says, wiping her forehead as she looks at the two tents and campfire.

“Just in time too, look!” Twilight says, smiling and pointing to the lake as it glows a bright cyan.

Aurora quickly rushes next to Twilight and looks at the lake in wonder, “WOW!!! It’s beautiful!”

“Isn’t it? I should take some notes.” Twilight says, pulling out a notebook and quill, opening the book and beginning to write in it.

Nuptial looks on at the ponies as her eyes widen. She scowls with a smirk, “Bingo! That’s an opportunity!”

Tarsus raises an eyebrow, “How so?”

Nuptial snaps a branch off the tree and quickly tosses it at Twilight’s book, knocking it out of Twilight’s magical telepathy. “Ah! My book!” Twilight exclaims. The book falls straight into the lake.

Aurora’s eyes widened, “Oh no!” Aurora puts on a determined look as she dives into the water and grabs the book quickly. She quickly walks back onto the land, holding the dripping book.

“Aurora? Y-You jumped in to get my book.” Twilight says, placing her hoof on her chin and looking at Aurora with wide eyes.

“I had to get it before it got too soaked.” Aurora says, handing the book to Twilight.

Twilight grabs the book with magic and chuckles, “You know you could have just used your horn.”

Aurora’s eyes widen before she blushes, “Oh…right. I uh…didn’t realize in the moment.”

“Well…still, that was really nice. That you’d jump into the lake to get it for me.” Twilight says, smiling passionately at Aurora.

Aurora blushes more and looks away, “It was just the first thing that came to mind. I didn’t want your notes to get damaged.”

Nuptial smiles proudly, “There we are. Now they’re a little closer.”

“How did you know she’d jump in to retrieve the book?” Tarsus asks, turning to Nuptial.

“I could sense her love. I made a judgment call that she would do it. And it turns out I was right.” Nuptial says.


Aurora huddles closely to the fire in order to help dry herself off. Twilight lays a bit close as she reads a book she picked out that could help her locate the Amphista, “How interesting. Apparently they will stay in large open fields and periodically go into forested areas.”

“That’s correct.” Aurora says, holding her hooves to the fire.

Twilight closes the book and yawns, “We better get some sleep. We gotta get up early to have the entire day to find these things.”

Aurora nods, “Good idea. I’ll stay up a little longer in order to dry off a bit more.”

Nuptial’s eyes glow as she gives a sinister smile, “Another one!”

“Another what?” Tarsus asks.

“Opportunity!” Nuptial says as she reveals her wings, quickly flies a ways away from the two ponies. She lands on the ground and closes her eyes as a green flame encompasses her body, morphing her into another creature.

As Twilight walks towards her tent her eyes go wide as she screams. Aurora turns over to see a large bear roaring. Aurora goes wide as she gets up, “Twilight!” The bear swings its arms, tearing down one of the tents. “My tent!” Aurora yells.

Twilight scowls and starts flashing beams of magic, trying to scare the bear away, which works. The bear quickly flees, running back into the forest. Twilight smiles and turns to Aurora, “It worked!”

Aurora smiles, “Good job!” Aurora’s face then shifts to a frown, “But…my Tent.”

Twilight looks at the destroyed tent with a frown, “Oh no. We only packed 2 tents.”

Aurora looks down, frowning more.

Twilight turns to Aurora with a sympathetic look and thinks for a moment before blushing, “Um…I guess you’ll have to…sleep in my Tent.”

Aurora goes wide-eyed and blushes. She turns to Twilight nervously, “S-Sleep in…your tent?”

Twilight rubs the back of her head, “Yeah, since there’s nowhere else. BUT ONLY IF YOU WANT TO. Y-You don’t have to if you don’t want to-”

“No no, I’d be glad to.” Aurora says before she blushes even more, “I uh…think it’d be fun.”

Nuptial lands back on her tree branch with a smile as she watches the two mares, “Just give 'em a little push, and let' em figure it out themselves.”

“How clever, Nuptial.” Tarsus says.

“Thanks.” Nuptial says.


Twilight and Aurora snuggle into their own little sleeping bags as the two lie in opposite facing directions. The two blush profusely at the act of being so close to each other. The two, nearly in sync, move their hooves back and accidentally touch. They both go wide-eyed and flinch, quickly pulling their hooves away from each other. After a still moment, the two move their hooves back together, touching them against each other. While Aurora understands what’s going on, that being her romantic feelings for Twilight. Twilight herself doesn’t understand it. She’s never felt anything like romantic feelings, so the sensation is completely alien to her.

Aurora turns over, now facing the direction that Twilight is in. Twilight looks back and turns over herself. The two mares stare into each other’s eyes for a few seconds, oblivious to how awkward it normally would be. Finally, Aurora looks away with a smile, “Guess you can’t go to sleep either.”

Twilight gives a quick giggle, “Yeah, my mind just keeps wandering. I don’t know why.”

“Yeah, I feel you.” Aurora says, looking away.

The two mares’ hooves begin slowly moving towards each other like magnets just as they had before. The two hooves touch with the little sound of a clop. The two mares perk up their ears as they hear it, looking into each other’s eyes, passionately. The two mares almost subconsciously scoot closer to each other as they continue to stare. The two mares slowly lean their faces in together, their muzzles nearly coming into contact.

Twilight goes wide eyed as she springs up, “Oh no! I think we forgot to put the fire out.”

Aurora blinks rapidly as she’s snapped out of the trance-like state she was in, “Oh! Right!” The two mares rush out to see that the fire is still going.

Nuptial grunts in frustration, “Agh! So close! Oh well, it’ll happen soon.” Nuptial gives a genuine smile, “The kiss is always my favorite part.”

“What did you say?” Tarsus asks, turning to Nuptial with a raised eyebrow.

Nuptial goes wide-eyed in embarrassment, “Uh….n-nothing! Shut up! We should get some sleep.”

Tarsus yawns, “Good idea. Night, sis.” Tarsus crawls up the tree and begins spinning himself a sleeping sack from fluids in his mouth.

Nuptial looks at her brother changeling for a moment before turning back to see that the ponies have put out the fire and are entering the tent again, “I wonder….what is it like to love?”



The morning soon comes with the rising of the sun. Twilight quickly shakes Aurora awake, “Wake up, Aurora!”

Aurora rises as she wakes up, “Wh-What?”

“C’mon! We gotta get a head start to find that creature.” Twilight says as she places her hoof on her chin, “The uh…”

“...Amphista?” Aurora says, finishing for Twilight.

“Yeah! That!” Twilight says as she quickly trots out of the tent. She uses her magic to pull a map of the White Tail Woods from her saddlebag. She looks over it with much focus, “Aha! Here we go!”

Aurora rubs her eyes and puts on her glasses as she exits the tent, “What is it?”

“According to the book, they stayed around in open fields and periodically retreated into the woods. So it’s safe to assume they’re in the center of the White Tail Woods. Where there’s a large clearing without trees.” Twilight says, turning to Aurora.

Aurora goes wide-eyed, “Twilight, that’s genius.”

Twilight places the map back in her saddlebag before she turns to Aurora, “Alright, let’s clean up our campsite and get to it.”

Aurora nods, “Alright.”


Nuptial tears open her sleeping sack and blinks rapidly, looking to see Aurora and Twilight clearing their site. She goes wide-eyed and quickly smacks the sleeping sack of her brother, “Wake up, Tarsus!”

Tarsus quickly tears out of his sack, “No mommy, no more hitting!”

“It’s me.” Nuptial says.

“Oh…yeah, I realize that now.” Tarsus says, rubbing his eye.

“They’re on the move now.” Nuptial says, looking down at the ponies, “We’ll continue to follow them. But don't be spotted.”

“Got it.” Tarsus says.


Aurora and Twilight finish their clean up and immediately begin their journey towards the glade in the center of the White Tail Woods. After a while, the two finally make it through the dense forest and to a large plot of clear land. Twilight and Aurora stare with their mouths agape, “Wow! Look at it! It’s amazing!” Twilight says.

Aurora looks around before her eyes lock onto something, “Twilight! Look!”

Twilight turns to Aurora and then looks at where she’s implying. Twilight’s eyes immediately light up, “That’s them! Amphistas!”

In the distance is a group of 7-10 Amphistas. Some are playing with others, some are resting, some are keeping watch over the immediate area. Aurora smiles and turns to Twilight, “We succeeded in our task!”

Twilight rears in excitement, “Woohoo! I can’t believe it. A once thought extinct species, living perfectly fine in this glade.”

“Princess Celestia will be proud. Shall we write a report on them?” Aurora says.

Twilight nods, “Yeah!”

The two mares quickly take out their notes and quill and begin writing their observations.

From the distance, Nuptial and Tarsus watch while hiding in the trees. “It doesn’t seem like there’ll be more chances to increase their relationship.” Tarsus says.

Nuptial nods, “Yeah, but last night was a huge leap. I’m sure that given some time, their love will grow phenomenally. Let’s report to the Queen. Our job here is done.”

Tarsus gives an evil laugh as he nods.