• Published 24th May 2022
  • 2,183 Views, 587 Comments

Unicorn Attack! - milesprower06



Hitch Trailblazer comes out of the Maretime Bay PD to do his afternoon rounds with his deputy only to find the populace in a panic. Quickly finding the source of the hysteria, it's time to put Canterlogic's defenses to good use...

  • ...
6
 587
 2,183

Rebranding

Sunny couldn't remember when Maretime Bay was ever this hustling, bustling, and almost chaotic.

Unicorn and pegasus tourists were coming and leaving every day, every single local business was booming, and Maretime Bay Day, the town's biggest annual event, was getting closer by the day. Hitch had encouraged anypony with available rooms to consider renting them out to visitors, due to it being highly unlikely that construction on the several new hotels on the outskirts of town would be finished in time for the celebration.

True to Pipp's word, a trio of pegasi fluent in livestreaming arrived to aid Sunny in realizing her dream for CanterLove Studios. Ruddy Sparks oversaw all public performances at the castle, and Arpeggia and Fretlock were two out of three members of Electric Blue, a popular rock band from Zephyr Heights. All three of them were looking forward to helping the mare bring livestreaming to Maretime Bay.

Due to the vastly increased demand of her smoothies, along with her ongoing supply chain issues, Sunny was only able to open her cart for about two hours a day around lunch, and was otherwise free to oversee the reorganizing of the former factory.

"Livestreaming can be a very daunting hobby, even more so if one decides to pursue it as a career," Fretlock told her as the four of them walked through the front concourse of the large building. "Ideally we'd like to make starting out as easy as possible. Some streamers like to do it alone, keeping complete creative control, and others do best in groups, as they work off of each other. It would probably be best to cater to both groups."

"I noticed plenty of office space on the second and third floors, and we may want to keep some of those as they are, for staff to be able to manage equipment rentals and maintenance," Ruddy suggested. "Even if we can't give all of your potential clients separate rooms, we should try and offer them streaming spaces that are as sound-proof and private as possible."

"What about as big as possible?" A new voice asked, as they heard hoofsteps come up behind them. The four of them turned and saw Zipp step up to them with a light smile. The three pegasi offered courteous bows, while Sunny returned the smile.

"We do have some fairly large spaces we could stream in," Sunny began. "You have anything in mind, Zipp?"

"Yeah, you could say that. I've been thinking of how to approach flying lessons. Teaching every single pegasus face-to-face would take up absolutely insane amounts of time, so I think the best way is to film the basics and put them online so pegasi can access them on-demand, and then, if the need arises, offer in-person sessions at a premium."

"I'll get you the largest space we can, we'll move it to the top of the list of priorities," Sunny told her friend. "We can make that the first test of our capabilities. Just let us know how you want it set up."

"Just big, open, good lighting will do fine, thanks. No rush, please. I don't want you to be multitasking like crazy, Sunny. I know once pegasi get flying down and Hitch lifts the flight ban, your smoothie supply issues will be solved thanks to Fifi," Zipp replied.

"Alright, we won't go crazy. But I would like to be pretty hooves-off with this place once things are up and running. So if I were you, I'd start getting that list of basics ready, because we could be ready for you in a matter of days,"

Zipp gave her friend a nod.

"I can be ready in a few days, thanks Sunny."