• Published 30th Mar 2022
  • 456 Views, 9 Comments

A Taigatrommel in Equestria - Train Lover 30049

  • ...
 9
 456

Chapter 2

Author's Note:

The sound of the taigatrommel

Mit der Taigatrommel durch das Elstertal - YouTube

Once all six ponies went inside the powerful Taigatrommel, I closed the door and began to start the engine. The ponies watched me sit in the driver's seat and press a button. While I was pressing the start button, they notice a small noise from the engine. Fifteen seconds later, the engine came roaring to life producing a constant rumbling sound.

The powerful Taigatrommel lurched forwards and I released the air brakes and set the speed to stage three. The ponies inside the train were all astonished and impressed.

"Um, Twilight where should I stop?' I asked her.

"You can stop at the Ponyville train station," Twilight said.

"Ok' I said.

"Hey Max, how fast can this go?" Rainbow said.

"Its top speed is one hundred kilometers an hour or sixty-two miles per hour," I said.

"Pfff, sixty-two miles per hour that's still slow" Rainbow said.

"This train was designed to pull heavy loads rather than speed, Rainbow," I said.

"Interesting" Twilight said.

"Twilight I have a question to ask but why do I have bat wings and the three of you have normal wings". I asked her.

Twilight looked at my wings and she said "You are a thestral Max"

"So what is a thestral", I asked

"A thestral is a bat-winged pony with split eyes and fangs. Also, thestrals are nocturnal and they can see in the dark" Twilight said.

"Hmm, I think that being a thestral does have an advantage," I said.
--------------------------------------
Location: Ponyville Train Station:

The ponies waiting for the train to arrive and minding their business until they heard some rumbling in the distance. The ponies didn't know where that noise is coming from and were feeling uneasy.

The rumbling noise was coming closer and closer. A few minutes later the ponies waiting there saw a large red metal contraption coming into view.

The large red beast slowed down and stopped at the station producing a hissing noise with a low rumbling noise in the background.

The large red beast became very quiet as it stood there for a minute or two. Suddenly a door flung open on it's right side and seven ponies climbed out of the beast.

-----------------------------------

As the powerful Taigatrommel was nearing the train station, I slowed down the train to a reasonable speed. Just as the train entered the train station, I quickly set the locomotive into neutral and softly applied the brakes. The train's brakes gave out a satisfying hiss as it stopped and I turned off the engine.

I got out of the driver's seat and unlocked the door. All six ponies including me climbed out of the locomotive. As I climbed out of the train, I noticed that most ponies at the train station were looking at the powerful Taigatrommel in full awe. While other ponies were scared and ran away from the train station.

Then Twilight walked up to the small crowd and got their attention. I heard a few whispers as she was explaining what was happening and reassured that the situation is safe and under control. The crowd felt very relieved after Twilight explained everything.

It was getting late after the small crowd had dissolved. Twilight's friends all said their goodbyes before going to their homes leaving both me and Twilight alone.

"Thank you for giving us a ride back to Ponyville" Twilight kindly said.

"No problem Twilight, but is it ok if I could crash at your place for the night?" I asked Twilight.

"Of course you can Max, I am very curious about studying your train" She said.

"I don't mind you studying the train Twilight", I said. Twilight got exited and hugged "Thank you, thank you, thank you" Twilight said happily.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went back to the powerful Taigatrommel to get my belongings and I locked the door as I climbed down the ladder. After I got my belongings, me and Twilight entered the town of Ponyville.

Twilight gave me a short tour around Ponyville after we have entered the small town. A few minutes later I noticed a large crystal castle in the distance.

"Um Twilight, is that castle in the distance your home" I nervously asked Twilight.

"Yes, why Max?" she responded.

"Wow, this castle is the biggest property in this entire town" I responded back.

About two hundred meters later, both me and Twilight arrived to her castle. As I was observing the castle, I noticed that it was entirely made out of crystal and it was a lot larger than I thought.

Twilight ignited her horn and a key appeared out of nowhere. She then used her magic to insert the key into the door and unlocked it.

The two large doors open and the both of us me and Twilight trotted into the castle. I was very impressed with the architecture and the decorations inside the castle.

"Woah" I said. "I've never seen such a beautiful castle, Twilight".

"I know right" Twilight smiled. "Before we continue, I want you to meet my number one assistant Spike".

"I can't wait to meet spike" I said.

"Let me call Spike down" she said. "Hey Spike come down, we have a visitor"

"Ok Twilight, I'm coming down" I heard. A few minutes later, a small purple dragon walked out from the hallway to the right. The small dragon stopped for a few moments and continued walking to Twilight.

"Hey Spike I want you to meet Max" Twilight said.

Spike walked to me "Hi Max my name is Spike" he said while shaking my left forehoof.

"Nice to meet you Spike" I replied.

"Ahem" Twilight said "Sorry for interrupting the conversation but Max doesn't have a place to stay for the night Spike. Spike can you do me a favor and get his private bedroom ready".

"Yes mam, Twilight" Spike said saluting at the same time and ran down the hallway.

Just as Spike left "Max can you explain to me about the inner working of your train while Spike gets your bedroom ready". Twilight said.

"Sure no problem Twilight" I replied.

Comments ( 2 )

Is this story alive or dead ?

2024, I'm hoping this story isn't toast

Login or register to comment