• Published 30th Aug 2021
  • 3,081 Views, 196 Comments

Pokémon Journey - A Trainer & His Adventure in Equestria - NinjaMare



how does a Pokémon trainer and his team handle in being a parallel world? will follow Matt and his team in his new journey of mis-adventures

  • ...
12
 196
 3,081

Chapter 15: A Battle in the Woods

Twilight was huddling close to her mentor while she and the others stood close by the entryway of the ruins, and as they did so she and the others looked towards where Matt and Ninetales was, who were facing off against a rather large, blue-scaled dragon with red spikes sticking out of its body. While its menacing eyes glared down at the trainer and his Pokémon, it’s claws clenching with tension while its rather stubby tail dragged against the ground. at first it seems that the dragon was just looking at the pair, but from the princesses perspective it seemed that the dragon was more or less observing the pair. As if sizing them up.

“I didn’t expect to see a Druddigon here.” Twilight heard Matt say as he and Ninetales stare down the dragon, who kept its eyes focused on them.

“You know what this dragon is?” Celestia asked after hearing the trainers comment.

“Yeah this is another Pokémon.”

“This dragon is a Pokémon?!” Twilight asked in disbelief. She heard that Pokémon come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, but to look so much like a creature from her world. But before Matt could elaborate the dragon, or Druddigon, got impatient and roared with a booming voice before leaping towards the pair, one of its claws glowing with a strange light.

“Matt, Ninetales look out!” Luna cried out but both trainer and Pokémon were already out of the way of Druddigon’s attack.

“Ninetales use Aurora Veil.” The ponies then watched as Ninetales coat glowed with an ethereal light before that light pulsed from the fox’s body, covering the area in mysterious aurora glow.

“Now use Confuse Ray.” Just as Ninetales used it’s last move Matt commanded the use of another one, which the ponies watched with interest as they saw the Pokémon create five glowing yellow orbs centered around her tails, before launching them at the Druddigon.

But the large dragon Pokémon managed to duck out of the way before the collective orbs hit it, after dodging the attack the dragon then unleashed a torrent of fire at Ninetales, which the fox quickly avoided! Yet the flames barreled towards where the group of ponies were, though Celestia was able to protect the group by using a shield spell to block the attack. With its first fire attack being a missed the Druddigon launched another one at Ninetales again and again, luckily the fox Pokémon was nimble and agile enough to dodge the attacks. Yet the ponies feared that the fox wouldn’t be able to do so for long. Then out of nowhere Matt came crashing down on top of Druddigon, stomping right on top of its head making it stop its fire breath attacks, though this caused the dragon to try and swipe at the trainer with its large claws, however Matt was a bit to nimble for the dragon and managed to leap over the Pokémon’s attacks. Even springboarding off the dragon’s tail before Ninetales launched another attack, which was a thin beam of light blue energy. Which upon contact with the dragon turned out to be ice as Druddigon’s right arm starts frosting over.

The dragon Pokémon roared in what sounded like pain, but it did not stop it’s assault as it raised both it’s arms into the air, where the ponies saw its claws glow white and slightly grow longer, before slamming them into the ground. at first nothing seemed to happen but after a few seconds the ground violently shook, knocking everypony off their hooves! then from where Ninetales was standing a massive pillar of rock erupted from the ground, sending the fox Pokémon high into the sky while Druddigon scaled the rockface with great speed. Reaching where Ninetales was, who had recovered from the shock of her rapid acceleration, was struck in the chest by the dragon’s claw and sent spiraling down to the ground!

“Ninetales!” the ponies cried out as the fox Pokémon shakenly got to its feet while the large pillar of rock sunk back into the ground, while Druddigon lept off it half way down and readied to strike with its still glowing claws. however something collided with the side of its head causing its attack to miss the mark just by a hair.

“What happened?” Twilight asked in confusion before seeing Matt rush the large dragon, before seeing him quickly do a summersault and launch himself at the dragon Pokémon and kicking it right in the head, just as he rolled off to the side and picked the object that hit the dragon in the head. which was his staff.

“Quick Ninetales use Dazzling Gleam!” Matt said before looking to the group of ponies.

“Everyone else cover your eyes.” the ponies did as they were told and used their wings, or forelegs to cover their eyes, before Ninetales body erupted with a sparkling light that was still bright enough to cause the ponies to flinch.

“It’s so bright!” one of the guards said as he tried to block the light with both forelegs. That’s when the ponies heard the Druddigon cry out in pain again.

Eventually the light faded away and the ponies were able to lower their legs or wings to see, though their vision was a bit blurred because the light was just that intense, but a moment later they were able to fully see again. And what they saw was that the dragon had backed away from where it was before they were blinded, and appeared to be weaken greatly. As for Matt he seemed unaffected by the intense light as he remained in the same spot, while Ninetales rushed to her trainers side.

“Is it over?” Twilight meekly asked as she kept close to her teacher while eyeing the dragon cautiously.

“Stay on your guard everyone.” Matt said as he remained in a tense pose along with Ninetales as they all looked over to Druddigon, who got back onto its feet and was staring down the trainer and fox Pokémon. That’s when the dragon started to walk up to the pair who looked ready to either continue the battle or dodge an attack, but it seemed to be unnecessary. When the dragon Pokémon stood before the pair it looked down at them for a few seconds, before bowing its head.

“Is it admitting defeat?” one of the guards asked as Celestia undid her barrier spell.

“I think so.” Matt said cautiously as he kept his gaze on the Druddigon.

“But we should probably leave before things turn for the worst.” As Matt made the suggestions, which the ponies were already making their way to the carriage, they saw Matt reach into his pack and pulled something out. A blue round fruit and something that looked like a pear but was more yellow, and had spots.

“Matt what are you doing?” Luna asked in confusion as the trainer placed the fruit on the ground.

“I’m giving Druddigon these fruits as a peace offering, to show that the fight is over.” The princess seemed to understand the meaning, and it seems to be working as the dragon started to eat the fruit. But what’s more it seemed to be energized after eating them.

“Now let’s take care of you.” Matt said as he pulled out what looked to be a spray bottle.

“My last healing spray, better make this last.” The trainer said as he sprayed the spot where Ninetales was struck by Druddigon’s attack.

“How does that feel girl?” Ninetales cooed in delight before nuzzling into her trainer, who started petting her.

“We’re ready Matt.” Celestia said hastily before looking over to the Druddigon who looked to be ready to attack as it loomed over the pair. The princess was about to call out to Matt to be careful and rush to the carriage, though the situation seems to be under control.

“Princess what’s happening now?” Twilight asked worriedly as she peers out the carriage window.

“It looks like they’re just staring at each other.” Celestia retorted as she stepped away from the carriage and towards the pair.

“Matt is everything alright?”

“I think so.” Matt said, though he sounded slightly unsure. That’s when the princess watched in fright as the dragon grumbled before patting the ground with a claw. A moment went by before the dragon repeated its action, which Matt presented his staff but that seemed to be the wrong response as the Druddigon shook its head, before pointing to the young man’s waist.

“Oh so that’s it.”

“What’s it?” Celestia asked as she trotted up to be side-by-side by the trainer.

“It looks like Druddigon wants to be part of my team.”

“Wait. You mean it wants you to catch it?” Celestia asked in confusion before remembering what Matt has told of the Pokémon from his world.

“That’s right you said some Pokémon will ask trainers to catch them and partner up.” the trainer nodded his head before looking at Druddigon.

“I think Druddigon was testing to see if we were opponents, guess we made a good impression that it wants to join my crew.” Matt theorized as he took a Pokéball from his pack before speaking to Druddigon.

“So you want to be part of my team?” the dragon Pokémon nodded it’s head quite excitedly. After a moment Matt tapped the Pokéball onto the dragon’s forehead which caused the device to pop open, and then Celestia watched as the dragon’s entire body glowed red before turning and compressing into what looked like a small red sphere before shooting off into the Pokéball.

“So that’s how the capture function of those Pokéballs work?” the princess asked as she watched the ball shutter a bit before a delightful ‘ping’ sound emitted along with what looked like little sparks.

“Strange.”

“What is Matt?” the princess asked as she looked to him with worriedly.

“N-nothing. It’s just…usually when you capture and house more than six Pokémon, any further Pokéballs will shrink and lock up. but that doesn’t seem to be case here.”

“I see.” Celestia muttered before turning to head back to the carriage.

“In any case we should get going before any other surprises decide to show up.” Agreeing with the solar princess Matt called Ninetales back to her Pokéball, while following after the princess until the entered the carriage. Once everybody was on board the guards then took off and left the forest behind, and begin the research in find a way to send Matt home. Hopefully.


Author's Note:

so what do you guys think about Matt getting more Pokémon for his team, and the story? like i said last chapter I'm 50/50 in about adding more Pokémon to the story, so what do you guess think of this idea?