• Published 30th Aug 2021
  • 3,077 Views, 196 Comments

Pokémon Journey - A Trainer & His Adventure in Equestria - NinjaMare



how does a Pokémon trainer and his team handle in being a parallel world? will follow Matt and his team in his new journey of mis-adventures

  • ...
12
 196
 3,077

Chapter 10: Plots Uncovered - Pt. 2

Today took a rather strange turn for Matt, one minute he was relaxing in the palace gardens, then the next thing he knew he came upon strange insectoid-like ponies talking about taking over the castle, and getting into a small scuffle with said ponies. But then when Matt and his Pokémon managed to escape from the ponies, and went searching for princess Celestia to tell her what he and his team have uncovered, that plan went belly up when he came across princess Cadence. Or at least someone that looked like the pink alicorn. In any case when Matt came in contact with the alicorn, he was then ensnared in some kind of trap that the princess placed on him, which then sent him into some kind of crystalline cave structure. And after waking up in said cave, without knowing exactly how long he was out for, he was once again face to face with Cadence, as well as a different unknown alicorn.

“Matt!” the pink alicorn cried out as she made her way over to the young man, who just brandished his extendable staff and got into a defensive posture. “Matt? What’s wrong? Why are you taking out your staff?”

“Don’t try and play games with me whoever you are, I’m not going to fall for another trap!” Matt stated as he was prepared to attack the mare, but it looked like a sense of realization came over her because she then started to wave her wings in a defensive manner.

“Wait Matt I know what you’re thinking but it’s really me! I’m not the fake that sent you here! I’m the real Cadence!” the mare pleaded as the other mare quickly rushed to her side, outstretching a wing to cover her.

“And how am I supposed to believe you? For all I know, you could be that fake right now, trying to trick me into letting my guard down.” Matt retorted as he kept his distance from the pair, staff pointed at them and ready to bring out any of Pokémon if they decided to attack.

“Or how do I know that you’re not that fake, and this other pony isn’t one of those shapeshifters—”

“I can assure you Matt we are not fakes.” The other mare said in response cutting Matt off in mid-sentence, her voice sounding fairly tranquil and calming, yet also defensive and regal.

“Then prove it.” Matt said to the pair of alicorns, who seemed to be at an impasse in how to prove to the trainer that they are who they claim to be.

“I, I don’t know how to…” the pink alicorn said in a defeated tone as she lowered her head. But while the supposed princess Cadence seemed to have given up, the unknown alicorn still kept up her confidence in her claim.

‘Just who is this pony supposed to be? Is she posing as another princess from a different country?’ Matt thought as he kept his eyes focused on the mysterious mare in front of him.

“I believe your being unfair Matt, after all…how do we know that you’re really, you, as well.” The blue alicorn said as she kept her firm expression as her eyes remained locked with the young mans, but her words did resonate with him on some level. And it seemed her words have made the pink mare behind her to regain some level of composure.

“From what I’ve been told Cadence has had only a limited amount of interaction with you, because of the wedding being underway. And this is the first time you and I have ever met face to face. So how do I know you’re not an imposter trying to keep me, and my niece here sequestered in these old mines.”

Again, this mare did have a point. Throughout his time in the castle, Matt has had maybe only five, or so, interactions with Cadence and most of them were only for a few minutes. So Matt can’t really say that he knows the pink alicorn well enough to discern a fake, from the real one in this type of situation. Then there was this mare. Matt has no idea who she is, and since neither of them have met let alone hear about each other, it would be rather unfair to have a stranger try and prove that they are who they say they are. Same could go for him, how could he prove he wasn’t a shapeshifter to these ponies that’s trying to trick them. Relaxing his posture Matt stood up straight and gave a less tense look down to the two mare’s, as well as staying his staff before speaking up.

“You make a valid point miss. So how about we call a truce, in which neither of us will do anything so long as the other does the same?” Matt proposed to the two mares, to which the blue coated mare nodded her head as she folded her wing.

“That is an acceptable offer. Cadence, do you agree to these terms?” the pink mare gave a small nod before getting back some of her perkiness from earlier.

“Yes, and I’ll show you Matt that we are not the one who trapped you here.”

“Speaking of which—” the blue alicorn said as she looked towards Matt. “How did you end up down here?”

Matt hesitated to say anything for a moment, but he decided to just tell them. If they were the ones that placed him in these caves, then it would be pointless into trying to make up a story, as they would already know the real reason and method.

“Well it started out with me hanging out in the gardens, I also spent some time talking to Twilight and her friends and learning that they were taking part in aiding the wedding preparations. Afterwards the girls left to go do their jobs, and that’s when I spotted these black things zipping around, so I decided to investigate and that’s when I found these insect-like ponies talking about capturing the castle.” Matt retold the event of what happened earlier before continuing on.

“Afterward the little guys tried to capture me, but me and my Pokémon managed to get away. Except we didn’t get to far as we ran into, well, you know.” Matt said as he looked directly at Cadence, who she and the other mare nodded as they understood. That’s when both alicorns seemed to be thinking about something after being told about this bit of info, and it didn’t look like they were acting surprised by the whole re-telling. They instead looked more genuinely taken aback.

“Auntie Luna, do you think it was—”

“Yes.” The blue alicorn, who was called Luna, said as she looked up to Matt.

“These ‘insect ponies’ that you saw, were they roughly the same size of an average pony, their bodies being a black carapace and having translucent wings, with big pale blue eyes?”

“That’s right. And they were also able to—”

“Use some kind of green globs to trap you, correct?” Luna briskly said, finishing Matt’s sentence, which the trainer nodded again. “So whoever it was that attacked me, were also the ones that you encountered.”

“And I don’t suppose you know who these guys are?” Matt asked the alicorn pair, but neither of them know as they shook their heads.

“Whoever these invaders are, they have planned rather meticulously to achieve their goal.” Luna stated as she kept on pondering about the groups captors. “But what is their end goal? Simply taking over the castle can’t be their only plan.”

“Maybe their plotting to take control of the castle by posing as the royal family.” Cadence said which got Matt and Luna to look her way as she explained. “I mean if they went through the trouble of capturing us, and leaving us to wander aimlessly in these old mines, while they rule over the populace.”

“If that’s the case then why am I here?” Matt asked as he leaned on his staff while giving the two mares an uncertain look. “I mean I’m new to your world, so why capture me?”

“Because you stumbled on their plan, and even heard them talk about their desire to capture the castle.” Luna quickly answered. “And if you escaped you could’ve alerted my sister to what they were up to.”

‘Sister?!’ Matt mentally half-shouted in surprise after hearing what Luna had just said. “Wait a minute, your Celestia’s sister?”

“Yes. I am princess Luna, the ruler of the night court in Equestria.” the blue alicorn exclaimed as she fully introduced herself to the young man. After the night princess had introduced herself, Matt then started to think of something, his fingers drumming against his staff. “Is something wrong Matt?”

“Well it’s just with you two down here, two key figures of political power, and me the guy that knows their plans…why aren’t there any guards her to keep an eye on us?”

“That is a good question.” Luna said as she tapped a hoof against the ground.

“Cadence and I have been down here for a few days now, and so far neither of us have seen any pony meant to stand guard and ensure we don’t escape.”

“Perhaps they thought they wouldn’t need to.” Cadence said as she looked around the cave they were in, which Matt also looked around and noticed various mining cars, excavation equipment and tools scattered about, and even rusted railways for the cars.

“These mines were a primary source of crystals that the unicorns of Canterlot harvested several hundred years ago, but when the population shifted to using bit coins for currency, and finding easier places to mine gems, these old mines were shut down and left alone.” Cadence then looked back to the pair as she continued. “The ones who left us here probably figured we’d get lost in these old mines, letting us just wander around in circles.”

“So they don’t need guards to keep us down here, they’ll just let us walk around and get lost.” Matt said before and idea came to him as a smile formed on his face. “Well if that was their plan, then they screwed up.” the two alicorns looked at Matt generally unsure at what he meant, but the trainer just reached for his belt and grabbed a Pokéball.

“Probopass we need your help buddy!” the trainer tossed the Pokéball up and with a pop and a flash of light, the large floating Rock-type appeared before the group, which actually scared the two ponies, Luna more so, as they watched the Compass float over to Matt.

“What is that thing?! And how did you summon it?!” Luna balked as she looked at the trainer and Pokémon with a shocked expression.

“This is one of my Pokémon called Probopass, and whenever I get lost—especially in underground places—Probopass has never let me down.” The trainer patted the large Rock-type on the side of its head, getting a happy drumming sound in response.

“Alright buddy you know what to do, we need to find a way out of these mines.” The large Pokémon nodded before floating off a foot away from Matt, before landing on the ground and dropping its red crown over its eyes, while the mini-stone heads start to slowly circle around it.

“What is it doing Matt?” Cadence asked as she and Luna trotted up beside the young man.

“Probopass is trying to lock-in on the magnetic field of the mountain, and by doing that its able to readout the layout of the mines. We do this every time we get lost in old tunnels, and underground passages that stumble into.”

“So this isn’t the first time this has happened to you?” Luna asked the trainer, which Matt half-heartly chuckled in a very slight depressed tone.

“More than I would like to admit.”

Just then Probopass’s miniature heads stopped orbiting its body, and it floated back up before gesturing everyone to follow it as the Rock-type floated off. The trio quickly followed behind the Compass Pokémon as it lead the way through the mines tunnel system.

~~Elsewhere~~

In Restaurant Row, the district of Canterlot that houses the majority of restaurants, cafes, and other types of eatery, Twilight and her friends were sitting at a table and enjoying some drinks and snack. It’s been a full day since they were asked to help bring the final preparations to a close, and to their credit the six friends were able to help in getting the last pieces of the food preparations, the after party, scheduling of the whole event, and getting dresses made for the mares of honor, and ensuring the aerial show were getting done. And when the group were in the process of aiding where they could, they were all getting really into their assignments, especially Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. With the later finally cheering up from her little sulk fest when she met her heroes, and coordinate with them in the aerial display.

“So none of you have seen Matt around since yesterday?” Twilight asked her friends before taking a sip of her melon soda float with soft served ice cream.

“Nuh-uh. I haven’t seen him anywhere, though I was busy with the party committee to really notice anything else.” Pinkie lamented as she dunked a donut into her cup of hot chocolate and took a bite out of the pastry.

“Same here, Ah haven’t left the kitchen just an hour ago. Though Ah guess he’s either resting up somewhere, or is trying to help out the wedding wherever he can.” Applejack thought as she finished her second apple fritter with a cup of coffee.

“Well I do hope he shows up, because I wanted to go over a suite I designed for him.” Rarity commented as she took a sip of her tea.

“You seriously made him a suit?” Rainbow Dash said as she sounded sour again as their conversation shifted to focus on Matt.

“Of course I thought he would look dashing in a nice tuxedo for the wedding, instead of his casual wear.”

“Rainbow are you still upset about your little hiccup with Matt?” Applejack asked her cyan colored friend who initially gave a small groan to the apple farmers question.

“I’m not upset I’m just…I don’t know.” the cyan mare grumbled some more as she crossed her forelegs.

“Rainbow is just miffed that she hasn’t figured out a way to apologize for attacking Matt when he first showed up.” Fluttershy clarified to the rest of the group, which made Rainbow Dash sulk into her seat a little more.

“If that’s all that’s bothering you Rainbow, why don’t you just say you’re sorry for attacking him.” Twilight suggested to the rainbow maned pony.

“I tried. But every time I try to say it to him, I just get the feeling like it’s not enough.” Pinkie Pie then shifted closer to her friend and started to pat her on the back.

“There, there Dashie you don’t need to make some big gesture of apology, I’m sure a simple a sorry will be enough. And hey if your still nervous to talk to him, I’ll go with you when you decide to apologize.” The bubbly mare gave a comforting smile to her friend which Rainbow returned.

“Thanks Pinkie and yeah, I’d appreciate it if you came with me.”

The pinkie pony hummed in joy before spending the rest of the night talking about more happier topics. And as the night went on, many more ponies started to fill up Restaurant Row as they headed to their favorite places to eat, while openly talking about the wedding that happen tomorrow. But after an hour or so into the night, Twilight bid her friends a good night and left the table to head back to her old family house. As the unicorn trotted down the road and streets of her home city, she stopped for a moment and looked towards the castle as a hopeful smile graces her muzzle.

“Hopefully, everything goes according to plan tomorrow. I really want this wedding to be perfect for Shining Armor and Cadence.”

~~???~~

Princess Cadence was trotting through the halls of the castle, eyeing all of the castle staff and guards getting the final touches for tomorrow’s big event. And as she passes by the decorations, and the brainless dolts that surround her, a smile starts to form on her muzzle as she started to internally chortle and laugh to herself. Reaching her private chambers the princess’s body was then engulfed in green flames as she assumed her true form, her long lithe body strutting across the carpeted floor, her translucent wings fluttering in excitement as she openly started to laugh to herself.

“Everything is going so perfectly!” the black chiton figure chortled as she strolled over ponyequin that had Cadences wedding dress on it, its lovely white frills and hems glistening in the light of the room.

“No pony has even figured, or even noticed that I have replaced that lovestruck mare. Though that unicorn did seem to be suspicious at first, but it looks like after having a little talk with my soon to be husband, she's mellowed out.” The figures reverberating voices echoed a sense of delight and success as she trotted to the center of the room, and gave a few loud taps. Just then from various nick knacks around the room, from vases, to potted flowers, and even a few stools, all were engulfed in green fire before revealing the black insectoid equines.

“Is every member of the Hive ready to enact the takeover of the city?” the figure asked the small beings around her.

“Yes queen Chrysalis, the Hive successfully infiltrated and impersonated key figures of the castle staff, the guards, and hiding in the castle and city. Waiting for your signal to start our take over and weaken their forces.” The queen’s smile grew just a hair wider as she looked to one of the equines near the bed.

“And what of the black throne?”

“It is in position my queen, when you give the order we will bring it to the throne room.” the pony said as a wicked grin grew on his face.

“Excellent! Truly, everything is going according to plan.”

“If I may saying your majesty?” one of the ponies asked as she hesitantly stepped forth, which the queen allowed for the little mare to ask her question.

“Are you certain we shouldn’t post guards of some kind down in the mines to watch over the captives? They are two alicorns, and that creature is still an unknown. I don’t think it would be good to leave them unsupervised, that just might find their way out of the mines.” The queen thought for a moment and decided on a decision.

“It would be best to make sure that those three don’t, accidently, stumble out of that maze.” The queen then looked down to the little chiton mare.

“Take a battalion down into the mines, hunt them down and ensure they don’t make it out.” The mare nodded as she transformed into a female guard, and left the room.

“As for the rest of you return to your posts.” The rest of the ponies changed forms as well, and left the room via either the door or balcony window, leaving their queen alone in her room. Still sporting her triumphant smile a she looked at her wedding dress, and counting the hours till her entire plan to conquer this city, and use it as a base to inevitably take control of this entire country as its sole ruler.

“Long live the queen of the Hive!”