• Published 30th Aug 2021
  • 3,078 Views, 196 Comments

Pokémon Journey - A Trainer & His Adventure in Equestria - NinjaMare



how does a Pokémon trainer and his team handle in being a parallel world? will follow Matt and his team in his new journey of mis-adventures

  • ...
12
 196
 3,078

Prologue: It All Started With A Freak Accident.

Ponyville, a delightful town near the center of the country of Equestria, and being a few miles away from the nation capital city called Canterlot. In this town stood a large oak tree that been hollowed out, which had been turned into a building called the Golden Oaks Library, and in this treebrary was the current residence and caretakers. A teenage unicorn named Twilight Sparkle, and her assistant who is a baby dragon called Spike.

These two used to live in the great capital city of Canterlot a few months ago, but during this year’s Summer Sun Celebration Twilight Sparkle played a rather significant role in an ancient, foreshadowed prophecy. A prophecy that stated that an old evil would return from a long imprisonment on the moon, and would come back to Equestria and bring forth eternal darkness, but this tale of darkness and vengeance had a sliver of light to it. And that was that this ancient evil could be stopped, if six artifacts of power were found and used with a special spark to stop it. Since then both Twilight and Spike have moved from their old residence in Canterlot, and moved to Ponyville and became the towns newest library custodians.

On this particular day Twilight was down in her laboratory, which was just the library’s basement that was mostly used for storage converted into a private work place. In this lower section of the library Twilight was levitating a really worn out book, its covering old and featureless and its pages musty but still bearing words on them. while the unicorn was holding the book aloft, she was also drawing what appeared to be a magic circle, with runes inscribing the inner edges of the ring.

“That should do it.” Twilight muttered under her breath as she looked back at the book. “Now the next thing I do is check and ensure that the magical circuit is properly distributed along its design.”

“Hey Twilight!”

“AGH!” the unicorn squawked in surprise as the sudden voice of her assistant echoed form the top of the basements steps.

For a brief moment the sudden shock of a voice breaking the unicorns concentration, causing her horn to suddenly overflow with magic for just a moment but it was enough to unevenly pour magic into the circle. The circle then started glow with an immense amount of light, nearly blinding Twilight and even Spike even though he was at the top of the steps. Once the light had subsided both of the libraries custodians looked towards the circle, and watched as it started to fade away leaving very small smudges of white chalk and dust, with a few smudges having some very faint glowing violet patches.

“Woops! Sorry Twilight, I didn’t ruin anything did I?” Spike called out as he waddles his way down the steps.

“It’s alright Spike. And as for messing things up, I can just re-do it.” Twilight said as she used her magic to clean the failed project away.

“What are you even doing down here anyway?” Spike asked as he waddled over to Twilight.

“I was trying to see if this old spell of teleportation could work.”

“But you already know how to teleport Twilight, so why are you looking up a different way to teleport?” the little dragon asked his unicorn caretaker as she started to re-draw the circle.

“I was studying old tomes of magic and found this spell, apparently its used to move several large objects around, at least that's what I think this passage says.” Twilight says as she looks at the book again, more specifically at the passage she was having trouble deciphering as the words were rather faded. The tome after all was very old.

“Well in any case was there something you needed Spike?”

“Oh yeah, I came to see if you wanted to join me and the others for lunch.”

“Lunch? It’s already afternoon?” Spike could only chuckle as Twilight took a glance at the clock on the far side of the room. “Wow I didn’t realize it gotten that late.”

“You’ve been up before the sun was even risen Twilight, come on take a break.”

Twilight thought for a moment and ultimately decided to take a break from her researching, so she closed the book up and levitated it over to the table and started to make her way up the steps, with Spike quickly hopping up onto her back. but as Twilight and Spike left the basement, they missed the faded violet glow of the unicorns failed experiment shine brightly for just a second. Before fading away to nothing while a spark of prismatic electricity arced between the smudges.

~~~~~

The Pokémon League. The greatest competition of Pokémon trainers and their finest team of Pokémon take part in, challenging other trainers and their teams of Pokémon to see who amongst is the best, and become the champion of the League until the next competition. And in the Shinnoh Region its own Pokémon League was already underway, and at the moment the crowed was going wild as two trainers go head to head in the semi-finals, aim to take one of the final ranks for the championship! And so far both trainers have been giving it there all, the young woman more so as she was done to her last Pokémon, while the young man still has two.

On the left side of the field was tall young woman with fiery red hair, clothes that are a little baggy on her slender frame, and her current Pokémon Zangoose was lashing out with wild attacks, its claws hacking and slashing at its opponent. On the other side of the field was a young man with a rather simple outfit, his skin being a little bit pale which contrasted his dark black hair, and his dark blue eyes. His Pokémon partner on the field was a rather large Camerupt, standing its ground and withstanding Zangoose’s claw attacks, which were hardly damaging it through its thick coat of fur, fat, and muscle. But the Eruption Pokémon didn’t just stand there and be a punching bag, it lashed out with powerful headbutts, foreleg stomps, and even biting down on Zangoose’s arms and throwing it around while occasionally using its elemental attacks.

“Zangoose use Crush Claw!” the woman shouted over the roaring crowed, to which her partner acknowledged with a battle cry as its black claws turn a bright pale blue color, with sparks of white electric-energy crackling between the digits.

“Keep your guard up Camerupt!” the Eruption Pokémon’s trainer called out. “Wait for an opening an make a counter attack!”

The large quadruped bellowed as it stomped forward towards Zangoose, who leapt to the side and tried to strike Camerupt in the side of its head, but larger Pokémon managed to quickly side-step and use its large body to smack the attack away. But the Cat Ferret Pokémon and its trainer weren’t done yet. With the Crush Claw Attack failing the normal-types trainer called out for Zangoose to use an X-Scissor attack, which the white furred Pokémon quickly launched and landing a direct hit on the red furred Pokémon, causing Camerupt to skid back a few paces from it. However Camerupt recovered from the attack, and re-oriented itself to look directly back its opponent, and upon its trainers command reared up and then slammed its forehooves down onto the ground, sending out a powerful Earth Power attack. Which caught Zangoose by surprise and launched the Cat Ferret Pokémon back a good dozen feet, while dealing some big damage.

“Alright Camerupt lets end this!” the young man shouted as he raised his left hand, which had a black fingerless glove on it with a gem embedded in the center.

“It’s time for, MEGA EVOLUTION!”

Camerupt shook its head about as it stomped its left foreleg, which has a black band wrapped around it with its own gem embedded into it. From the young man’s own gem two streams of reddish orange and brown energy shot out, while Camerupt’s gem shot out a pair of yellowish orange energy out and raced towards its trainers own tethers. When the four tethers of energy connected with each other they erupted into a blinding light, which then surged into Camerupt turning its body into a glowing outline of its entire form, where the young man’s opponent and the audience watched as its body started to change forms. A moment later the light dissipated, revealing Camerupt in a new form where its fur was a brighter red color, and the rocks around its body and the volcano became far more prominent. Once the change was over Camerupt unleashed a battle cry, its sheer volumes shaking the ground!

“And there it is folks! Mega Camerupt has emerged on the scene!” the announcer of the battles called out as he, and the crowed in general, marveled at seeing one of the few Mega Evolutions they’ve seen throughout the whole tournament.

“Alright Camerupt time to finish this battle!” the young man said to his partner who bellowed in mighty ‘Bah!’ as the volcano on its back puffed out a gout of fire and smoke.

“Not if we get you first!” the young woman said confidently. “Get ready to end this battle Zangoose!”

The white furred Pokémon snapped out of its stupor after its trainer spoke, and then boldly charged and lept towards Camerupt. Who just watched its adversary with a calm expression, and when its foe lashed out with its pre-prepared attack Camerupt charged forward and slammed its large broad head against the Crush Claw attack, taking some damage but managing to knock back Zangoose. After knocking its opponent back Camerupts trainer commanded it to charge forward and use a stomp attack, which the larger fire and ground type did with its heavy body causing the ground to rumble slightly, while charged at its opponent. But Zangoose was able to dodge out of the way, and immediately went in for a flurry of claw slashes. And while it did score some good hits, Camerupts rocky protrusions blocked the majority of attacks, reducing the overall damage.

A few minutes of this back and forth fighting continued, where trainers called moves and directed their Pokémon, who in turn tried their best to perform the task and fight at their best. Then as the female trainer calls out another Crush Claw attack Zangoose leapt towards Camerupt, who kept its eyes locked onto its opponent.

“Camerupt use Lava Plume!”

At last possible second Camerupt reared its head back as it bellowed loudly, before a massive cloud of smoke, ash, embers, and fire erupted from all over its body, and rapidly expanded outward. Zangoose being so close and in mid-air unfortunately would be unable to evade the attack. The normal-type Pokémon was blasted at point blank range with a powerful fire attack, engulfing it and heavily burning as it was knocked back. when the cloud of blackness had subsided the crowed, as well as the young woman, saw Zangoose on the ground with its fur heavily burnt and appeared to be passed out. All the while Camerupt just stood there in the fleeting clouds remains, eyes slightly narrowed as if it expected Zangoose to spring up and continue the battle, and it seemed its trainer shared its cautious manner. However it seemed to be unwarranted.

“Zangoose is unable to battle, Camerupt and its trainer Matt are the winners!” the referee announced which caused the crowed to really shout out in excitement, while the young woman re-called her partner to its Pokéball, while Camerupt reverted back to its normal state while its Trainer, Matt, walks up to it and gently petted it on the head.

“Looks like I lost.” The woman said as she stuck out a hand.

“You got lucky you got my Swampert out of the match, otherwise I’m sure I would’ve won.”

“All part of my strategy. But any way, great battle.” Matt said as he shook the woman’s hand, while Camerupt gave a cheerful ‘bahh’ sound as its ears wiggled in delight.

“And with that ladies and gentlemen Matt moves onto the finals! Where he and the last three contestants will have their final showdowns tomorrow, so be sure to come back tomorrow to see who the final contestants and their teams will become the newest Shinnoh League Champion!” the announcer said over the loudspeakers, getting the crowed excited again as they, Matt, and his opponent started to file out of the stadium.

“Good luck tomorrow man, and you better win otherwise I’ll be real upset you hear me?” the woman said as she and Matt start walking down the hall of the nearby entrance. The young man started to chuckle as they entered the hallway.

“Trust me I don’t plan on loosing. This time, I’m going to win the Shinnoh League cup, and bring it home for the family to see!”

“Good.” The woman said as she started to go down a different hallway. “I’ll be watching you tomorrow to make sure you live up to that.”

“Then I’ll be sure that me and my team put on a good show.” After giving each other a final farewell in good spirits, each trainer went down a separate hallway, with Matt and his Camerupt going down the right hallway.

“Alright buddy let’s get you and the rest of the team to the Pokémon Center, and get you all patched—”

Before Matt could continue on with his talk of healing and getting his team patched up from their hard work, something akin to a powerful cramp overtook his entire body. It was as if he was struck by a powerful Thunder attack, and his body started to cramp and twitch up as a result. Then a second after the strange sensation just took him over, and he felt Camerupt ‘bahing’ and nuzzle him, a nauseating ringing sound started to rattle in his head. It was so obnoxiously loud and shrill that Matt felt like his head was going to burst. But that was nothing compared to what happened next. From the tips of his fingers, and the tips of his shoes, Matt’s body started to glow in a prismatic light. And then within the blink of an eye, Matt’s vision was overtaken by white a sharp whistling sound, and then pitch black and pure silence.