• Published 30th Aug 2021
  • 3,081 Views, 196 Comments

Pokémon Journey - A Trainer & His Adventure in Equestria - NinjaMare



how does a Pokémon trainer and his team handle in being a parallel world? will follow Matt and his team in his new journey of mis-adventures

  • ...
12
 196
 3,081

Chapter 13: A Day in Canterlot

Author's Note:

sorry for the inconsonant and lingered hiatus everyone, life is just running me through the ringer


Canterlot was currently in a very tense state, which was very understandable. After all the city was just attacked and invaded not just three days ago, and since then the ponies of the city were still on edge with the citizens rarely leaving the houses unless in large groups or when a patrol of guards passed by, and speaking of the guards they were intensifying their training so that they will not be caught with the pants down, figuratively speaking. They were also doubling their patrol around the city and surrounding area, keeping their eyes and ears open for any remnants of the invading forces so that they act upon spotting the same invasion force, or any new ones might spring up. While the city was still in a fairly tense state, things that took place or prior to the whole changeling attack stopped any and all events, and in regards to the crashed wedding it was put off until everything had settled down. And to be certain that the changeling swarm and their queen have been thoroughly defeated, as well as ensure they won’t attempt to make another attack.

As for the newly appointed ‘Hero that saved the city’, Matt was taking everything in stride, from not just recovering from the whole ordeal but also the bowing and practical worship the ponies would give him if they passed by him. Which made the trainer feel a little weird as the whole thing was something he was not used to. He did understand that the ponies were grateful for him helping in saving the city, and defeating the changeling ruler, but all their grandstanding thanks was a little off putting. Other than the somewhat strange, and over the top, gestures not much else was happening around Matt that was odd. For the past three days while things in the castle and city were still trying to get back to how things were, the trainer and his team of Pokémon have helping the guards in their patrols through the city, to aide in ensuring that weren’t any changelings in hiding. But for today the young man and his Pokémon were taking a break from their new part-time work, resting in the palace garden, and enjoying a nice afternoon lunch with both princess Celestia, her sister, and Cadence along with Shining Armor while telling a story.

“—and that’s when I saw it, probably the most mysterious and glorious Pokémon I’d probably ever seen as I finally came out of the caves.” Matt said with a big smile on his face as the ponies listened to his stories on the Orange Islands, and how he came across the most rarest and most baffling Pokémon he had ever and will probably ever see in his lifetime.

“The crystal Onix!” a look of reminiscing wonder and amazement then graced his face as he recollected on the details of the strange yet wonderous Pokémon.

“It’s towering body stood amidst in a large pool of water, rays of light shining through the cracks in the rocky wall behind it, causing its entire body to shimmer and sparkle. Even after hearing the glass maker talk about it, and even seeing his own statue of it, I didn’t think it was real…but there it was…standing just a dozen or so feet in front of me.”

“What happened then!?” Shining Armor eagerly asked as he leaned over the table. “Did you battle it?” Matt quickly shook his head.

“You didn’t battle it? I thought that it would be a rare Pokémon to have.” Luna commented as she finished off her cup of tea, but Matt just shook his head as he petted Lycanroc’s head as he continued.

“Just because there’s a rare Pokémon right in front of me doesn’t mean that I’m going to instantly catch it. If I did and if I used it in battles, or in situations where a powerful Pokémon like an Onix would be helpful, it would only cause other less sensible or respectful people to try and challenge me so they can take it. Or just out right try to steal it from me.”

“That sounds very respectful and responsible Matt.” Celestia commented before giving the trainer a curious look. “But what did you do when you stumbled upon it?”

“Well at first I was just dumbstruck. I mean I was face-to-face with an unknown specimen of a documented Pokémon; I wasn’t sure if what I was seeing was real.” Matt chortled as took a drink of his lemonade before getting back to his story.

“Luckily the Onix didn’t see me as a threat, and actually came closer to me. That’s when I reached out and petted it, and even offered a nanab berry to show it I mean no harm, afterwards I took a picture of it before it left through the underwater tunnel system.”

“Do you have the picture?” Cadence asked the young man, to which Matt fished his wallet out of his pocket and pulled out a picture, and showed the ponies the crystal Onix in all of its glory. Body glimmering and shining in both the cave light and the slight flash from the camera.

“Incredible! It’s like a living statue of solid crystal!” Luna marveled as she looked upon the picture.

“I would’ve loved to see it in person.” Cadence remarked studied the large crystalline serpent before Matt placed it back into his wallet.

“Just goes to show that there are many types of Pokémon out there that aren’t even documented. And that’s why exploring the regions is such a thrill, and is the best part about being a trainer, seeing new and amazing things before you decide to settle down.”

As Matt spoke about his adventures back in his world the ponies all looked at each other with slightly worrisome expressions, as they all knew that this young man’s adventurous life style was pretty much at an end while in their world. As he knew nothing about this world other than Ponyville, and Canterlot city, they were also certain that Matt missed his friends and family back in his world, not to mention the other Pokémon that he had caught and cared for while traveling or at the families ranch.

“Princess Celestia.” The group turned their heads to find the solar princesses secretary Raven Inkwell with a binder and what looked like a small schedule planner note book in her violet aura.

“The mayor of Hoofington is here for his meeting, and the mayor Maresachusetts will arrive by the time that meeting has concluded.”

“Oh that’s right. Sorry everypony but I’ll have to leave for the rest of the day.” Celestia then left the group as she followed after Raven who also began listing off other things on Celestia’s schedule.

“I believe it is also time for me to retire as well.” Luna said as she stands from her seat while stretching out her wings. “I’ll need a good days rest to handle the night court tonight.”

“Have a good sleep then Aunt Luna.” Cadence said as the midnight alicorn took to the air and started to fly off.

“I think it’s also time for us to depart as well.” Shining Armor stated as he hopped out of his chair and stretched out his body, followed by and mimicked by Cadence.

“Well I’ll see you two around next time then.” Matt said as the happy couple bid their farewell to the trainer and trotted off while talking about security details, and something else as they entered the castle. Leaving Matt alone to his own devices.

Finishing off the last bit of his meal and drink Matt left the table, just as servers came to clean up the table, and started to just wander around aimlessly through the castle trying to think of what to do now. Training had crossed his mind, but the last few days has been nothing but training and practice, so the trainer decided to hold off training for his team for a few days to allow them to relax. Checking in with the guards crossed his mind, though considering how the guards wanted to redeem themselves in not being able to prevent the invasion, and their slight hero worship of himself, the young man thought it better not to disturb them too much. As Matt continued to wonder what he could do to pass the time he came across the main entrance of the castle, wide open and allowing the young man to see a collection of guards trotting about, and seeing the city beyond the gates. That’s when he got an idea to spend his time.

Making his way out of the castle and towards the main gates Matt noticed that some of the guards were watching him walk off, seemingly curious as what he was going to do but didn’t seem to stop him from leaving. Crossing the drawbridge the trainer began making his way into the city of the capital, where he could already see crowds of ponies going about their day, though as he struts down the sidewalk and sightseeing he’ll catch several dozen ponies stop whatever it is they are doing, and simply watch him. Some seem hesitant as he passes by them, while others waved at him and even thanked him for helping save the city from the invaders which he waved back, and gave simple replies in turn before continuing with his sightseeing. While walking around the city streets the young man’s mind started to think about his home world, and if he will ever see it again. But that thought swiftly shifted to the mystery in how he came to this world, because his initial hypothesis that it was by some strange act of the legendary Pokémon Palkia’s power was incredibly unlikely, especially in how random the who idea actually sounds.

“Every time I think about this idea the more confused I get.” Matt muttered to himself as he stops at a street corner as a small group of ponies hauling carts trots by.

“It just doesn’t make sense. If Palkia was really the source of how I got here…then why was I affected specifically?” once the small entourage of cart pullers had passed Matt continued to sight see, while still muttering to himself as a new idea came to his mind.

“Unless it wasn’t Palkia that sent me here. But—no, no, that can’t be it, there are no other Pokémon that I know of that can manipulate space. At least, I don’t think there are.” Eventually the young just gave up on trying to solve this mystery as it was only leading to an incoming headache.

“I give up, this whole thing is really just making me—AH!”

Matt cried out as he bumped into something and nearly tripped over himself, which was accompanied by what sounded like a feminine yelp, along with a slight jabbing sensation striking his leg. Thankfully he was able to catch himself by grabbing a lamppost next to him, though he did swerve a little as he tries to right himself up. once he was situated he looked to what he nearly tripped over, and was surprised to find Rarity, rubbing one of her forehooves as bags scattered around her.

“Oh my lord Rarity, I am so sorry! I wasn’t paying attention where I was walking.” The mare waved him off as she stood back up and gathered her bags.

“No, no, no it was my fault dear I was in a rush, and I was—Matt! Oh my goodness are you alright dear?” the mare asked the young man as she looked at him with a worried expression as he started rubbing his leg.

“I felt something jab me in the leg but nothing to serious.” Matt reassured the mare as he looks down towards her seeing that she looked relieved.

“That’s good to hear.” The mare said.

“But what are you doing here in Canterlot Rarity? You don’t have a shop here, do you?” the trainer asked the mare as he knelt down to be more at an appropriate height. The mare chortled as she lightly shook her head.

“No darling, at least not yet.” The mare retorted.

“I’m actually here gathering up some supplies for some special orders I’ve been commissioned to make, and I’m actually on my way to grab the last of the things I need.”

“I see. Well again I’m sorry for crashing into you, and hope your work goes well.” Matt says to the mare who nods her head, but then starts to scrunch up her face in a contemplating manor.

“Is something wrong Rarity?” the mare didn’t immediately say anything as she scanned the young man from head to toe, as if she was studying him.

“Dear how long have you been wearing those clothes of yours; they look a little warn out if anything?” Rarity inquired as she places a hoof on the trainers pant leg, and padding out a few creases along with what appeared to be a bit of dirt.

“I’ve been told the castles tailor is making a few copies of my clothes. This is the first they made, and I’ve only worn it since yesterday.” Matt said in reply to the mare’s question. The mare then hummed for a minute before looking as if she got an idea.

“Matt would you mind if I made you a few outfits?” the mare asked as she looked up to him with a hopeful look.

“After we first initially met and got to know you a bit more, I’ve been thinking about designing some clothes for you. so would you mind if I did so?” Matt took a moment to think about the offer.

“I mean I don’t mind but I don’t have anything to pay with.”

“Oh that’s fine dear I’m doing this for no charge.” The unicorn assured the trainer which did make him feel a little unsure, but if she was willing to do this for free.

“In that case I don’t mind.” The mare pranced in place while gleefully chuckling to herself as she makes a comment about creating something new compared to everything else she has created.

Once the offer was set Rarity then asked Matt to join her to get her last bit of supplies, mostly so she could probe the young man for details about human clothing and design, but to also get to know him better. As for Matt he was happy to talk to someone that he knows somewhat well, while still getting to see the city.

~~????~~

Sitting at a table at a café across the street from where Matt & Rarity were, was a tall and rather lanky purple unicorn with a short grey mane drinking coffee and just watching the pair. Ever since the biped came within his view the stallion has kept a constant watch on the human, studying his every move and assessing him. Soon enough the pair started to trot off in the direction where the biped initially came from, and as they trotted off the stallion finished his coffee and started to follow after the pair, making sure not to draw attention to himself. As he followed the duo the unicorn kept his eyes trained mostly on the human, but also the other ponies around him especially the patrolling guard groups whenever they appeared. Luckily the stallion managed to not raise any suspicion as he continued to follow the pair.

Ten or so minutes of following the pair the stallion watched the biped and mare walk into a store. when the duo entered the store the stallion made sure that no pony was watching him, or that there was any pony around, before his body quickly was engulfed in green flames where the stallion was replaced with a pink pegasus mare. Once the new pony gave her body a once over, and still ensuring that no pony saw her transformation, she made her way over to the store and entered the building and found it to be some type of fabric shop. Walls lined with rolls of fabrics from singular colors, to already stitched patterned ones and various other products. In the shop aside from the mare and her desired pair, who were browsing the rolls of the red fabrics, there was also the front counter pony, and at least four other ponies that were also paired off and talking to one another as they discussed clothing products.

“Hello miss.” the mare turned to her right where she found a chocolate brown unicorn mare with a curly cream colored mane trotting towards here.

“Is there anything that you need help with today?” the mare asked which the mare quickly shook her head before responding to the unicorn.

“No I’m mostly just browsing to gather some inspiration, and figuring out what colors would go great for this new dress I’m designing.” The mare said with out missing a beat to which the other pony simply nodded.

“Well if you ever change your mind just let me know.” the mare said politely before trotting off and immediately getting called over to a different pair of ponies.

The mare started to browse the various products of the wall closest to the pair she’s been tailing, listening in onto their conversation which was mostly the unicorn mare asking the creature questions regarding its preferred clothing choices and styles. The mare kept within relative close distance to the pair and listen in on their conversations, as if she was trying to see if the creature will reveal anything particular about itself, whether it was something regarding its strength, power, or the other strange creatures that its able to summon. That last bit was in particular more critical as the mare remembered what she had heard from the others, in where the creature summoned a small squad of strange creatures that seemed to bend and control elemental forces, and effortlessly took out a platoon of her comrades and her queen. But it seems that the mare wasn’t going to get any useful information from either of them today, so the mare decided to pull out a note pad, quickly jot down a few notes to at least seem that she wasn’t just browsing before leaving the store and saying to the brown unicorn that she will be back later on.

Once she left the store the mare took flight and made her way to the southern section of the city, where she then flew through several backstreets before coming upon a residential area and landed by a rather small house that look fairly run down. Once inside the mare dropped her disguise and revealed her true chitinous form, and started to trot through the house till she came to the back where a large hold in the wall stood, and having four other changelings flanking the entrance. Passing the guards the changeling trotted down the darken tunnel that was carved into the mountain, till she came upon a massive cave where other changelings were gathered, most resting, some talking and discussing things, and one small group on the far left wall and was transforming into large insectoid creatures and continued to tunnel through the rock and stone. Taking flight again the changeling flew up to the upper area of the cave, where she found the queen sitting on a makeshift thrown with various throw pillows, and appeared to be speaking to somepony telepathically.

“And the throne is back at the Hive safely?” the queen asked as she looked over what looked like a map.

“Good. Now while you’re at the Hive instruct the other lieutenants and captains on the state of the operation, oh and before you come back make sure to bring captain Pharyx to the city.” The queen then let out an exasperated sigh as she rubbed her forehead.

“Yes, and his little brother Thorax. But be sure to tell that lowly grub that he better shape up, otherwise he will be banished from the Hive. I have had enough with that grubs incompetence!” a moment later the queen turned her attention to the changeling standing a few feet from her who bowed to her.

“Report.”

“I’ve recently found the creature that have disrupted your plans my queen, it was in the city with another pony.”

“And what have you learned?” the queen asked as her full attention was on the changeling as they rose to a standing position.

“I have not learned anything particularly useful, as he and the mare were talking mostly about clothing and the like.” the changeling stated. The queen seemed to be contemplating in how to proceed for a moment before she looked back to the changeling.

“Keep on monitoring the city and looking for any other weaknesses, and if you see the creature keep on observing it.”

“Yes your majesty.” The changeling said before about-facing and trotting off then taking flight to head back out into the city and continue their observations.