• Published 30th Aug 2021
  • 3,077 Views, 196 Comments

Pokémon Journey - A Trainer & His Adventure in Equestria - NinjaMare



how does a Pokémon trainer and his team handle in being a parallel world? will follow Matt and his team in his new journey of mis-adventures

  • ...
12
 196
 3,077

Chapter 6: Training & Communication

A few more days go by since Matt has ventured through the town, and has the collection of young’uns play with his Pokémon, getting a better layout of the town and even visited the towns library, but again nothing was readable as it was still in intelligible gibberish. Aside from not being able to learn about anything from the books, or from the clearly intelligent Pokémon that are running around. Since the town is not baring any usable or beneficial information to help him, Matt is wondering if it’s worthwhile to take a chance and venture out into this weird world. in fact, he’s really contemplating about doing just that, see what this entire world has to offer, and what it could hold. But again without proper knowledge of what this world does have, it’s too risky to leave and run into any troubles that he could run in.

Over the course of the few days Matt was visited over and over by Star again, and like usual thus far the little Pokémon continues to study Matt, but these visits were a little different than the previous days. Every time Star came over to visit and did her little sit and study of Matt, she would light up her horn which would also create a thin veil of violet light around him. What this was for was unknown to him, but every time it happened Star was really happy about it. Another time that Star came to visit the tall white female he meet once also popped by, and during her visit she also surround Matt with thin veil light, and just like Star she was pretty happy about it.

Aside from the small light shows from Star and Sunny, which Matt has taken to call the tall white one, Matt has had some other noteworthy experiences like going to Rodeo’s farm when the Pokémon guided him there. At the farm Matt was surprised to see that the large property was only managed by Rodeo, and three other Pokémon, not to mention seeing the other Pokémon that kind of looked like Miltank’s, Mareep’s, and something that looked like Torchic’s, and there were some Tepig’s or Pignite’s rolling around in the mud. It was certainly interesting seeing these Pokémon run an entire farm on their own.

~~~~~

Today though Matt and his Pokémon team were out in one of the vast open fields, and today the trainer and his team were going through their usual training routines, while also allowing Matt to see how his team was feeling physically overall. At the moment Matt was carefully watching Lycanroc and Mienshao battle each other, with Mienshao being more on the aggressive side, while Lycanroc tries to dodge and counter attack whenever she saw an opening. As for the rest of Matt’s team they were just relaxing on the sidelines, also watching their fellow teammates go about their sparing.

“Alright guys take a break for now.” Matt said to two Pokémon who stopped after their last attack’s clashed. The Wolf and Martial Arts Pokémon made their way over to the group, while Matt turned to look at the rest of his team.

“Alright How about Kingdra and Ninetails go at it for a bit.” Ninetails stood up from her laid position and shook herself a few times before trotting past Matt, while Kingdra hopped along on his tail towards where Ninetails was.

“Now remember guys, now actual moves in this sparing match. Basic attacks and some minimal type moves, but nothing more okay.” Both Pokémon gave a small cry of acknowledgment and readied themselves to battle. “Then begin.”

Kingdra started things off by firing small water blast’s at the Fox Pokémon, but Ninetails simply hopped out of the way and made her way over to Kingdra. Where she then unleashed a small gust of frigid cold air. But the Dragon Pokémon used his powerful tail to jump out of the way, causing the cold air to frost over a patch of grass, and now from his new aerial advantage Kingdra fired a more powerful water blast down at Ninetails. Yet the Fox Pokémon did not panic, instead, Ninetails breathed a lot of cold air while spinning around in place, creating a small fog cover. And when the water blast struck through it, Ninetails was gone as the fog dissipates. While Kingdra was descending from his jump he started to look around for Ninetails, unfortunately for the water-type the ice and fairy-type hybrid managed to sneak up behind him and leapt up to give a good smack in the back with a hindleg kick.

As the two Pokémon continued to spar with each other, Matt heard something coming from behind him which he thought was just his team cheering the other two on, but when the trainer heard what sounded like a very panicked ‘whinny’ Matt looked behind him and saw Shyly and Star galloping towards the group. Looking fairly panicked.

“Hey there guys what’s—” Before Matt could even finish his sentence Shyly flew past him, and got between Kingdra and Ninetails and appeared to try to get them to stop sparing. In fact the little Pokémon looked like she’s about to cry.

“Shyly what’s up?” Matt asked as he walked over to the small, winged Pokémon, and almost immediately took a step back when the usually peaceful Pokémon gave him a very angered look, and started to knicker and neighing at him rather angrily.

“Whoa, whoa, easy there Shyly, what’s wrong?” the little Pokémon just continued to neighing at him, but the little Pokémon stopped when Ninetales nudged her way between Matt and Shyly, and gave a small growl.

“Ninetails there’s no need to be rude.” Matt says as he pets the Fox Pokémon’s head to try and calm her down, and as the trainer does so Star comes trotting up to the side and started to talk to Shyly.

“I wonder what got her so upset?” Matt wondered as he watched Shyly start to settle down before noticing Star starts digging through one of the small satchels strapped to her barrel. ‘What is she up to?’

The trainers question was quickly answered as Star pulls out what looks like a rolled up sheet of paper. Once the Pokémon had dug out what she was looking for, the psychic-type then unrolled it and started to gentle knicker as her big eyes scanned the page. Figuring that the Pokémon was doing something private, Matt turned his attention away from the horned psychic-type and back to his team, who all looked just as confused as he did. But they all decided to let the awkward moment pass them by, and were about to go back to training however before Matt could even make the suggestion to his team, a strange sensation raced up his back causing him to shiver slightly.

“Whoa! What was that?”

“It worked!” Matt jumped when a sudden voice just blurted out in excitement. Turning around to look for the person that just spoke, Matt didn’t see anyone. “The translation matrix actually worked! We can understand him now.” Matt slowly looked down towards where Star and Shyly were, where Star had a proud smile on her face.

“D-did one of you two just, talk?”

“Yes I did.” Star said excitedly, her voice clear and unmistakably female, sounding like someone who is about a few years younger than him. but that fact that Star was speaking perfect clear English caused Matt to jump backwards in shock.

“What! How did—what is going on?”

“Don’t worry, everything is fine.” Star says while trying to calm Matt down.

“I just casted a spell on you that allows you to understand our langue, and for us to understand yours.” Matt didn’t seem to fully understand what Star meant, but the fact that he could now talk with a Pokémon like a human, and it also means that Matt might get some of his questions answered.

“Okay. Give me some time to take this all in, this is going take some time to get used to.” Matt said as he sat down on the ground, hand brushing through his hair. A few minutes later and Matt was more or less accustomed to the new strangeness that was now a part of his life.

“So now that I can understand you guys, can you answer some questions for me?”

“Of course, but we also have questions for you to.”

“I kind of figured. But I think it would be best to actually introduce ourselves, my name is Matt.” The trainer said with a small grin.

“It’s nice to now officially meet you Matt, my name is Twilight Sparkle, and this is Fluttershy.” Star, or Twilight as she was actually called said, as she gestures to both herself and her winged companion, who after being introduced stepped in front of Twilight and gave Matt a rather stern look.

“Matt I don’t want to sound pushy or mean, but why are you having your pets fighting each other!” Fluttershy said as she continues to give Matt that stern look, but its intimidating factor was down graded slightly by her sadden tone of voice.

“Well for one thing my Pokémon aren’t my pets, we’re friends and partners.” Matt says as he pets Ninetales on the head, causing the Fox Pokémon to murmur in delight. “And they were sparing with one another, it helps keeps their skills sharp, and is good exercise for them.”

“But what if they hurt each other!” Fluttershy countered.

“That’s why I’m here.” Matt retorted. “I keep a close eye on my group, and make sure they don’t go overboard with their spars or play fighting. And if they do I can treat their wounds.”

“But its still dangerous. Why would you make or allow your, friends, to fight, spar, or whatever it is with each other.” Fluttershy was now raising her voice as she trotted closer to Matt with a fairly madder expression, but the winged equine was stopped when Twilight placed a hoof on her back. the little equine’s angered expression quickly devolved into a more remorse look.

“You’ll have to forgive Fluttershy, she’s really protective over animals. So seeing them fight each other causes her to get emotional.” Twilight says as she tries to settle Fluttershy down, which thankfully seems to be working as the mare was visibly relaxing.

“Understandable. But Pokémon are a lot tougher than they look, in fact, battling each other is how Pokémon hone their skills and powers more effectively. And with a trainers help; they can learn various ways to use their powers.” Matt explained as he looked over to his team.

“I’m not sure how all of you and the other creatures function Fluttershy, but Pokémon are initially wild creatures and choose to whether or not to stay with a trainer, so because they are initially wild creatures they have to fight each other for survival in the wilds. As well as show that they are not vulnerable to stronger Pokémon.”

“I still don’t like it. No creature should have to fight just to live, or to not be bullied.” Fluttershy mumbled as she sat down.

“That’s the law of nature Fluttershy, it may not be fair or pretty, but its just something that all creatures have to live through.”

“I have to agree with him Fluttershy.” Twilight said as she looked at her winged friend. “I know you try to keep your animal friends safe and live peacefully Fluttershy, but you know that you can’t keep them from being wild animals.”

Fluttershy stayed quite for a bit before finally acknowledging what both Matt and Twilight were telling her, but she still didn’t seem pleased with the prospect. Once the whole ordeal about how Matt treats his team, and the prospect of why Matt’s team was sparring, Twilight and Matt started to talk to one another. Asking questions and answering each other’s questions to the best of their abilities, and while the two were talking to each other Fluttershy was spending time with Matt’s Pokémon. She did ask if Twilight’s spell worked on them, but it seemed like it didn’t, which was fine by Matt. Talking equines of another world is one thing, but being able to understand and even talk to his Pokémon, which would’ve been a little to much for the trainer to handle at the moment.

Throughout their talks Matt was finally able to learn more about this new world he was in, as well as the inhabitants of this world. And after Matt was told about ponies, about this country, and the over all world, he answered the many questions that Twilight had. which was nearly a hundred questions, ranging from his species, the culture he comes from, the Pokémon species, what kind of powers and abilities they had, and other aspects and details about his world. She even asked on how Matt even came to their world…

“I’m not exactly sure on how I came here, but…I might have an idea. But its far-fetched at best.”

“What is it?” Twilight asked as she looked up at Matt with a curious glance.

“There is a legendary Pokémon, a being of extraordinary power, called Palkia and it has the power over space.”

“Space?” Twilight echoed. “What do you mean by that?”

“Palkia is able to bend and control the fabric of space to its will, in fact it actually lives in a separate dimensional plain.”

“Wait a minute! This creature, Pokémon, can control space itself!?” Twilight balked in shock and bewilderment, which Matt just nodded his head, but he then gave the mare a small frown.

“Although, the reason why I think this is a far-fetched idea, is because Palkia RARELLY leaves its home dimension. Or use its power to affect anything in my world.”

“So your not sure if it is this Palkia’s power that brought you here?” Matt just shook his head. “Well…if there is a way to help you find a home Matt, I’ll do whatever I can to help. And I’m sure that—oh!”

“What’s up Twilight?”

“You should meet the princess!” Twilight says excitedly as she hops up to her hooves. “If there is any pony that can help you find a way home, I’m sure she can. Plus, I’m sure she’ll like to actually meet you and be able to talk to you.”

“Wait. Is this princess of yours that tall white pony with the gold jewelry?”

“That’s right.”

“Huh so that’s what pony royalty looks like.” Matt said as he leaned back a little, using his hands to keep himself propped up. “Funny, I’d thought that royalty would be wearing some kind of fancy dress, or something like that.”

“Oh princess Celestia does, but she only wears stuff like that for very extravagant parties and events.” Twilight confirmed before reaching into her saddlebags, and pulled out a piece of paper and feathered quill.

“If you want I can ask the princess to schedule a meeting with her, so that you and she could talk and maybe find a way home.”

“I’d like that. thanks Twilight.”

Matt said as he gave the small equine a heartfelt smile, which Twilight matched before starting to write down something down on the piece of paper. Hopefully this princess could help Matt find a way home, otherwise, Matt will have find some other way home on his own. Or start prepping himself to live in this strange new world, being the only one of his kind among a planet of alien equines.