• Published 30th Aug 2021
  • 3,081 Views, 196 Comments

Pokémon Journey - A Trainer & His Adventure in Equestria - NinjaMare



how does a Pokémon trainer and his team handle in being a parallel world? will follow Matt and his team in his new journey of mis-adventures

  • ...
12
 196
 3,081

Chapter 14: An Answer to a Question

Author's Note:

now I don't remember if I ever said this. but I'm pretty sure I said that no other Pokémon would be featured in this story, but during my, hiatus, I thought adding 1 or 2 more Pokémon to shake up things would be neat. right now I'm going with just 1 new Pokémon being added, I'll the 2nd new Pokémon added up in the air and if you guys & gals think it would be neat.


Flying through the air and heading straight for the Everfree Forest was a large carriage being pulled along by four pegasi guards, inside the carriage was Celestia, Luna, Matt, and Twilight who out of the quartet was the most excited for today’s venture. The group was heading towards the ruins of the old castle deep within the forest, after Matt mentioned that it was where he awoke in the ponies world, so the princesses decided to inspect the ruins for any traces or evidence whatever force brought him to Equestria in hopes in learning how to reverse the process. But before the trio made their way to the forest they quickly made a stop to Ponyville to pick up Twilight, who was ecstatic to join on the excursion and promptly gathered up all of her research materials before joining the expedition. After several minutes of flying through the air the carriage made it to the large clearing in where the ruins laid, where the pegasi guards then landed a few feet from the gaping entrance. Exiting the carriage first was Twilight as she practically blitzed from the vehicle with boundless excitement and enthusiasm, which made both princesses chuckle at the younger mares jovialness as they exited followed by Matt who stretched out his back as the guards un-hitched themselves and rested up.

“So where do we start first?” Matt asked the ponies as he finished with his stretches.

“I think the best place to start is the spot where you initially woke up. Do you remember where it is that you awoke Matt?” Celestia asked the young man who gave a nod.

“At least I think I remember.” The trainer committed as he walked past the group of mares and tried to retrace his steps, while the princesses and twilight followed after him. Examining the interior of the ruins and walking for a few moments Matt started to remember the route he took to leave the ruins.

“You know, this place reminds me of a lot of the old ruins and structures back in my world.” Matt off handedly commented as he kept looking at the ruins while the group climbed a set of stairs.

“Were they the remains of old castles?” Luna inquired as they started to make their way down a hallway maneuvering around bits of rubble and debris.

“Some were. Some were the remains of old temples and other buildings.” Matt retorted as he stopped in mid step as he tried to recall the exact direction of the room where he woke up.

“What kind of temples did your people make Matt?” Twilight asked her curiosity of the young man’s world never ending.

“I’m not an expert on temples, or history for that matter, but most temples were places of worship for legendary Pokémon. Or to seal more dangerous Pokémon away.”

“Sealed!” Luna balked in surprised.

“Your people would seal away Pokémon? But I thought that Pokémon were good.” Matt gave a slight head shake as he explained more as he went back to retracing his steps.

“Most Pokémon are good, or at least indifferent…but there are Pokémon that are malicious and dangerous, some even steal the souls of people—”

“WHAT!” all three mares screamed in unison as they heard that bit.

“And there are those that can destroy the environment, or even cause a global threat. So to ensure that these people are pacified humans and Pokémon made places to seal them away, so that they couldn’t harm anyone.”

“My goodness! I wouldn’t have imagine that your world would have such formidable Pokémon.” Celestia said with a still shocked tone of voice.

“People back home always have to remember to be respectful and be careful around Pokémon, one never knows when a Pokémon will decided to use its powers on you either for fun or for more, nastier intentions. Thankfully most Pokémon aren’t like that and are peaceful and friendly towards each other and people.”

“That’s good to here.” Twilight sighed in relief as she and the group came to a larger room.

Entering the room Matt looked around for but a moment and concluded that this was the room that he woke up in. Celestia and Luna immediately went to work in studying the room, horns and eyes glowing with their signature magical auras as they examined every square inch thoroughly, as for Twilight her horn was glowing with its own magical aura but was beaming a cone of light like a flashlight as she scanned the room. While the three mares were at work Matt simply stood by the rooms entrance and just watched the trio, entranced at the ponies usage of their magical abilities. In fact ever since that Matt came to this world he’s been really fascinated by the ponies magic, as it seems that it is incredibly versatile and usable for many, if not all kinds, of situations in day-to-day lives. As time passed the three mares seemed to be coming up with nothing, at least as far as Matt could tell by their perplexed expressions after a few minutes of scanning the room from floor to ceiling.

“This is strange.” Celestia suddenly said breaking the silence that hung in the room.

“So you noticed it as well?” Luna chimed as she looked towards her sister.

“Did you two find something?” Matt asked in response to which Celestia nodded her head to both.

“I think I noticed it as well.” Twilight added as her horn stopped emitting its magical glow.

“There is a very faint trace of magic here in this room.” Celestia said as her still illuminated eyes scanned the room before looking straight down to the floor. The large alicorns eyes narrowed as she focused on the center.

“Luna could you cast a source detection spell there?”

Celestia asked as she pointed to where she was looking. Her sister nodded and as Luna’s eyes lost their glow her horn brightened up, before casting several pulses of magic down to the stop that Celestia gestured to. The group watched as the pulses of magic touched the ground where it started to glow brighter and bright with a blue coloration, but after several seconds of this continued deluge of pulsating rings of magic the glow on the floor changed from blue…to lavender. A moment after the glow changed colors the group then watched as the spell finally took effect, and watched as the lavender glow took on a more condensed magical aura and slowly start wisping into the air, before it began to drift around aimlessly for a moment.

“So…what’s going on?” Matt asked the mares with clear confusion in his voice as well as on his face as he looked towards the ponies.

“I’ve casted a spell that locks onto any lingering magical auras in a location, once my spell has found the aura it then amplifies it and causes the magical residue to spark back to life. Then the spell has been fully activated the magical residue will then give us an answer depending on a few key facts.” Luna explained as she and the others looked up to the swirling magical lavender energy.

“If the source of the magic is close enough then the aura will race off to rejoin the source. If the source is not within a set distance, and is instead due to something other than some pony casting a spell the aura will then fade into the air giving it the same colored hue as the aura.”

“So that means if Palkie did send me here this ribbon of magic will fade away?” the trained asked as he tried to understand the explanation that Luna gave, to which both solar and lunar princess nodded, which gave the young man a hopeful expression.

“Though if it is that later half it will be a bit more difficult to try and send you back, because we will then need to figure out a way to use Palkia’s power to send you back.” Celestia stated as the magical aura in the air finally stopped its aimless swirling before morphing into a small sphere.

“That sounds like it’s going to be difficult princess.” Twilight remarked at her teachers assessment.

“Indeed. If that is the case then we’ll need your guidance in that matter Matt.” The young man nodded his head in confirmation. Then with a small pop the group looked back to the sphere of magic where they saw it not fade into the air…but instead raced down towards Twilight’s horn! Everyone in the room looked equally confused and surprised, none more so than Twilight who just stared up to her horn before looking at the others.

“Twilight?” Celestia questioned more out of stunned dismay than anything else.

“Princess! I…I didn’t, I didn’t bring Matt here!” The small unicorn said in a panic voiced. “I never even attempted any kind of summoning spells, I promise!”

“Calm down Twilight.” Luna said as she trotted to the young mares side. “No pony is accusing you, we’re all just confused is all. Right Matt?” both princess and mare looked towards the trainer who was being comforted by Celestia as he looked unsure how to process this information.

“Matt, are you alright dear?” the white mare asked the trainer who gave a small nod while blinking his eyes as if trying to focus his mind.

“I’m fine, just…really confused.” The trainer said simply. Celestia then turned to face her student.

“Twilight are you certain that you haven’t been dabbling with any kind of summoning magic?” Celestia questioned her student who gave an affirmative nod.

“I’m certain princess! The only new type of spell that I’ve been working on is an advance teleportation spell that travels great distances.” Twilight confessed as she looked up towards her teacher still looking very panicky, while the alabaster alicorn looked a little bit skeptical.

“Where did learn of this form of, advance, teleportation?” Celestia inquired out of curiosity. Twilight ignited her horn with magic and with a buff & pop of magic Twilight conjured up a really old book that looked as if it was about to fall apart.

“I learned it from this book that I found in the basement of the library when I was turning it into my laboratory. I’ve only just got around to reading it.” Luna then levitated the book from Twilight’s magical grasp and began to carefully flip through the pages, reading each pages contents studiously.

“The spell is on page sixty five.” Twilight added which Luna thanked before flipping to the page in question. As the night princess read the pages, or attempted to decipher the old worn out letters and passages something had caught her eye.

“Did you find something Luna?” Celestia questioned.

“I believe so, though I can’t quite make most of the passage as it is rather faded.” Luna then offered the book to her sister who took it in her own magical aura and tried to read the faded pages passage. It took a moment for her to read the old Ponish words and translate them into modern Eques, and as she did she could clearly understand what the spell actually did.

“This is indeed an advance form of teleportation magic Twilight. However the spell is for something specific that comes from a far off place to the desired location of where the spell’s anchor, the magical circle drawn here, is etched.” As Celestia clarified what the spell actually did Twilight seemed to understand her grave mistake.

“What did you do when attempting to use this spell Twilight?” Celestia asked.

“After testing to see if I got the circle’s inscriptions right, I first tried to see if the spell would work by teleport two of my friends to Sweet Apple Acers as a trial test.”

“Then that must’ve been when the spell failed.” Celestia guessed as she looked to the book and then her student.

“What exactly did you and your friends do Twilight?”

“Well after making another magic circle in my laboratory, I had Applejack and Pinkie Pie stand in the circle where I was trying to teleport them to Applejack’s farm.”

“That’s probably when the spell went wrong.” Luna hazard a guess as Twilight continued.

“But nothing happened. If the spell did bring Matt here, he would’ve been brought to my basement, not here. Right?” Twilight asked her mentor and Luna as if seeking some kind of confirmation, though both princesses seem uncertain in their own assessment of this story. But as the ponies were trying to wrap their minds around this puzzle, Matt thought of something before asking.

“Twilight, when you first tested this spell, just the circle part did anything happen?” Twilight thought for a moment as she tried to recall anything out of the ordinary with her previous experiments, before something sparked to mind.

“Well when I first attempted to draw the circle Spike startled me by accident, and I…I…” Twilight stopped in mid-sentence as a sense of realization entered her mind and a look of alertness came to her face.

“Twilight?” Celestia said as she looked a little worried as her stood stopped her recollecting.

“I accidentally smudged the circle and attempted to fix it. I thought that would do it so I then funneled magic into it, to see if it would still work and I did it properly.”

“Then that must have been when the spell malfunctioned. Perhaps the initial disruption of the circle was enough to cause the incident that brought Matt here, as you were merely testing and not having proper understanding of the spells parameters.” After hearing Twilights recount of what had transpired when she was fiddling with the spell Celestia made an educated guess which only made the little mare look even more guilty. She then turned to Matt who was still trying to understand the whole magical jargon, but was able to mostly grasp the base concept of what’s been stated.

“Matt I am so sorry that I caused all this. I didn’t—” the violet mares said as tears started to swell in her eyes, but her apologies were stopped as Matt knelt down to her and patted her on the head.

“It’s alright Twilight it was just a freak accident.” Matt said with a small smile which eased Twilight’s grief a little while the princess looked pleased that the young man didn’t accuse the mare of malicious wrong doing, or the like.

“Well now that we know what has happened to me, is there a way to send me back?” as the young man asked the two princesses they both seemed a little unsure in how to respond.

“If we study this spell, and try to recreate the ‘accident’ that Twilight had, while managing to control it…or something along those line we might be able to.” Celestia retorted, not entirely sure if she was confident in her own words or plan. And by the concerned look her sister was giving her Luna felt the same way.

“Can you give us a little more time to try and see if we can figure this out Matt?” the alabaster mare asked, the trainer nodded his head and gave a grateful smile to the alicorn.

“Of course. Take all the time you need, we don’t want to accidentally send me to the wrong world do we?” the three mares chuckled at Matt’s words before the group decided to leave the ruins, and get started to studying the tome more thoroughly.

Leaving the room the group made their way back to the carriage, but as they entered the main hallway they all heard what sounded like a cacophony of howls and a craggily roar. Rushing outside the group exited the ruins and found the guards huddled around the carriage, all of which were looking towards the forest where the horrible noises were coming from. But the noises soon turned into a massive explosion as something erupted within the darken woodlands, causing the ground to shake violently while the sounds of trees fell and crashed about. As for the howls they no longer rang through the forest, which put the entire group of ponies on edge and huddled together, with the guards positioning themselves in front of the princesses and both alicorns readied their horns with magic. meanwhile Matt drew his staff and kept his off hand hover over his belt, ready to grab one of his Pokéballs in case he needed to call on one of his Pokémon. Then from the tree line something came flying out from the trees, it looked like a wooden canine creature as it rolled across the ground before it rolled off the side of the fissure’s basin, and plummeted to the bottom of the chasm.

“Princess!” Twilight muttered in a worried voice as she stuck close to her mentor, who wrapped her ethereal tail around the shaky mare.

“Stay close Twilight.” Celestia simply said as she and the others then heard something come stomping through the woods. then a moment later something emerged from the tree line, a large bipedal dragon that was roughly a head taller than both Celestia and Matt, it’s body rough and jagged looking while it’s bright red head looked around before its eyes focused on the group.

“What is that? a dragon?” Luna said a loud to no one in particular as she and the others stared at the dragon-like creature, who roared as it approached the chasm.

“Leave this to me, I can handle this.” Matt said as he reached for one of his Pokéballs.

“Matt be careful!” Twilight cried out in fright. “We don’t know what that dragon can do!”

“Don’t worry.” Matt responded as he tossed the Pokéball in the air where Ninetails appeared beside the young man, who looked towards the dragon and got into a defensive manner, while Matt spun his staff in his hand before getting into a battle ready stance.

“I can take it.”

As trainer and Pokémon got ready for a fight, the dragon lept through the air after slamming its tail on the ground to help launch itself into the air before landing on the other side of the ravine, standing a good dozen feet from the whole group. Growling as it’s claws flexed and it’s vestigial looking wings flapped in a threatening display, readying to strike at any moment, while Matt and Ninetails also readied themselves to face-off against there aggressive opponent. And as the opposing fighters squared off Celestia and Luna guided Twilight and the guards to a safer distance, ensuring that they do not get involved in the fight yet remained close enough in case they need to intervene.