• Published 2nd May 2021
  • 4,885 Views, 752 Comments

The Iron Chancellor - Radical Centrist



Otto Von Bismarck (Unifier of Germany) and Paul Mauser (Inventor of the standard issued rifle of Germany) are thrown into a post-Windigo Equestria as Griffons. How will the early-medieval civilisations change with these Victorian era imperialists?

  • ...
17
 752
 4,885

PreviousChapters Next
The finest hour

"Worry not fillies, the shrine is near," Ares informed the whining fillies, as they were travelling through a forest around the mountain.

"I can't believe we'll be hiding right under their fortress... It seems... Unrealistic." The indigo filly worried, rubbing her hoof in fear.

"I'm sure we'll be fine sister." The alabaster filly assured the indigo one, rubbing her head against her.

Starswirl suddenly raised a hoof, stopping the group. In front of them, they heard several rustling bushes. The fillies grabbed onto each other whilst Ares and Starswirl began lighting up their horns.

"Slow down advisor! And remove these leaves in my mane!" a voice complained from the bushes, relaxing the groups' stance.

"Platinum..?" Ares questioned, moving the bush aside with magic to reveal two familiar unicorns.

"Princess. And her advisor." Starswirl told the fillies, who relaxed upon observing the familiar unicorns.

Platinum turned to notice the four ponies staring at them, and recoiled in surprise. She teleported close to them and exclaimed, "STARSWIRL?! ARES?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" Clover groaned in response and began walking towards her princess.

"We are seeking sanctuary in the shrine near this mountain," Ares replied, causing Platinum's eyes to widen.

"How did y-" Platinum realised, "Oh... Of course, head of faith..." She mumbled, garnering a nod from Ares.

"Shall we move together? It will be nice having another friend join us during our stay." Ares offered, whilst Clover finally arrived, panting in exhaustion.

"Of course..." Platinum agreed, "Thank Solaris... I was beginning to lose my bearings..." she began tailing the group, occasionally spotting the fillies glaring at her in hatred. She paid them no mind.


"I can't believe how this place holds up..." The indigo filly marvelled, the shrine's opening is covered by vines and trees causing light to split and illuminate the decaying interior.

"It's... Strangely beautiful..." The alabaster filly marvelled as well, observing how the minimal amount of light still brightened the shrine.

"Look! Over in the distance!" Clover shouted, leaning over an opening facing the fortress, pointing towards an approaching army.

Everypony lined the walls and looked over their own opening facing the fortress. They gasped. What they saw was an earth pony army.


(The battlefield is a plain with two mountains on each side.)

"They actually came..." Hurricane chuckled, their 200,000 overshadowing the mud ponys' 10,000. They would march towards the unicorns on the corpse of these mud ponies, Hurricane narrated, as the Jacobins continued marching to their obvious demise.

Hurricane had ordered the fortress to be stationed on the ground, having witnessed the strength of the 'wooden spoons' and correctly assessed that having a floating stationary target would be a bad idea. His grand army faced the puny mud pony column, their great numbers having surrounded the enemy quickly, cutting them off from any escape.

Hurricane had told his army to stick to the ground, lest the wooden spoons destroy them in the air. The Jacobins watched on as they were completely surrounded, having scattered into squares to have space to retreat further inwards. Hurricane stepped forward, the mud ponies hurrying to battle formations.

"Surrender earth ponies! You are utterly outnumbered and surrounded!" Hurricane reasoned with the puny army, however, his words fell on deaf ears, as the Jacobins used the time to work on their formations. "You will be given safe passage! You will all be allowed to return to your villages in peace!" Hurricane baited, but the Jacobins knew it was a lie. They have fallen for it for too long.

A bolt flew across the air, shot by an angered earth pony, it flew straight towards the exposed Hurricane, narrowly missing him, but passing through the tufts of his helmet. "...so be it. ATTACK!"

Hordes of pegasuses thundered forward, swords drawn and wingblades fastened. They hovered low, gliding across the ground heading straight towards the lowered pikes of the Jacobins. The charging pegasuses saw gaps between the pikes quickly disappear as they neared them, but they could not fall back nor stop. The momentum of the charge forbade them to.

The Jacobins braced for impact, digging their hooves into the ground as they hid behind their shields. They would not receive support from the catapults as the pegasus stuck to the ground, making any hurled projectiles useless. Arrows rained down upon them, however, the sheer number of pikes being raised blocked them like cobwebs against insects.

The first pegasus line smashed into the pikes, their deaths being swift but brutal. Many faltered and tried to back up, but their comrades behind them pushed forward, skewering them onto the pikes. The square formation was squished into rectangles from the force, the Jacobins doggedly pushed back against the pegasus charge.

Several pegasuses attempted to fly over the pikes, however were stopped by the blanket of pikes covering the Jacobins' head. They looked around desperately for an opening, but we're quickly struck down by crossbows, sending them down towards the unmoving pikes.

The pikes in the front were blunted and stuck from the dead bodies of the pegasus, forcing the Jacobins holding them to drop them and dissolve into the rank to retrieve another, whilst the second line surged forward to fill in the spot. Unfortunately, due to the chaotic timing of tho replacement, the squares began to retreat very slowly inwards, strangeling their position.

The lucky few pegasuses who managed to maneuver past the three layers of pikes were treated kindly by the Jacobins' swords, which bludged and slashed the intruders to death. However, it wasn't only the pegasus suffering the casualties, as some pegasuses were able to push past the blunted pikes and hack at the armoured earth ponies, their barrels virtually invincible, however their face and hooves vulnerable to attacks. So they fell, many bleeding out from their hooves with mutilated faces.

Hurricane could see his pegasuses pushing despite high casualties, he smiled when the catapults could not be fired due to the angle of their attacks. The fighting did not let up for even a second, as the pegasus continued to push the Jacobins slowly backwards. " We are winning Hurricane thought.

Green was no stranger to blood nor death. Albert had made sure he knew this. Yet, his stomach churned and his throat burned upon seeing the carnage of battle first-hoof. He had stationed himself in the front to inspire his soldiers, however, he quickly regretted it, as he had seen two mindless pegasus skewer themselves onto his pike, their blood splattering all across his face. He had fallen back like the other, letting the second line take their positions so he could pick up another pike, but he didn't want to go back. He wanted to see his family again, his sister and his parents. "I should've listened... I should've stayed..." Green scolded himself, finally wiping the blood off his face.

Forest and Jaco stood side-by-side, hacking away at the pegasuses and retreating back into the pike formations periodically as to not exhaust themselves. Their armour blocked any attacks to their barrels and head, however, left them open to swipes on their hooves, evident by short cuts all over their hooves. They did not speak, simply retreating as one and fighting as one. But they were both thinking the same thing; "We must win"

Copper stood in the centre of their position, surrounded by four catapults and a handful of ponies that operated them. He was currently scanning an area for the catapults to bombard, however, so far his opportunities were bleak. He wanted to join his ponies and fight, however, the catapult teams forbade his departure, citing that his death would cause a collapse of morale. He had begrudgingly accepted. "Be safe my ponies..." Copper prayed.

Everypony in the shrine looked dazed at the sight, there the earth ponies held; holding up against the largest pegasus army in history, fighting if possessed against the overwhelming force. Most other armies would've run away or surrendered immediately, but the earth ponies dug their hooves into the ground, stubbornly resisting the attack. Everypony except Platinum admired their resolve and bravery, whilst the former cowered at what they were capable of. The fillies were especially enamoured, as they watched on rooting for the earth ponies. Starswirl watched in amazement at the strategy and weapons deployed by the earth ponies, using his magic to zoom into the battle for a better view. Ares prayed for the earth ponys' souls, ensuring their peace in the afterlife. Clover meanwhile, noticed the darkening battlefield. "Look! The skies!" Clover exclaimed, pointing at the gathering thunderclouds from the opposite mountains.

The Jacobins looked in horror as they were being shadowed by the approaching thunderclouds, their tightly packed formations vulnerable against the strikes of lightning. They knew how inaccurate it was, and how it could just hit their own pegasuses, but they also knew it had a chance to decimate an entire squad or two.

Hurricane began to grin madly at the arrival of his thunderclouds, as it could rival the terror of the wooden spoons the mud ponies brought, except louder and usable in this battle. "Only a matter of time before they break..." Hurricane brooded, speculating several strikes of lightning would devastate the mud ponys' morale.

Copper frantically ordered his catapults to aim at the introduced threat, hurling a massive volley at the giant cloud. At first, they celebrated as the cloud dispersed, Copper exhaling a breath of relief at the diffused situation. Then, five more came.

The Jacobins operating the catapults all dropped their tools and weapons at the sight, their eyes widened and their mouths agape. The clouds were all already beginning to spark, causing the siege operators to begin run around aimlessly or duck behind cover, whilst Copper tried desperately to rally his soldiers to reload the catapults. "EVERYPONY! GET BACK INTO POSITIONS!" Copper futilely ordered, trying to pry a pony holding onto the catapults defiantly.

"IT'S HOPELESS! WE WILL BE STRUCK!" A pony screamed, running away from the catapults as the thunderclouds began to spark louder. "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!"

"Sir?! Orders?!" A pony ran up to Copper, who was now focusing on the clouds above him, scratching his chin slowly with his hoof.

Copper drooped his head and removed his helmet. He passed it off to the questioning pony, who grabbed onto it confused. "Sir?" He asked again, as Copper grabbed onto his pike.

"Tell my ponies; I'm sorry." Copper pushed past the confused pony and began galloping to the highest point of their position. All the Jacobins watched in confusion as he stood on his hind hooves, and pointed the pike upwards as if to pierce the skies. He remained motionless at the peak, even as the clouds grew louder, and the sparks became longer. Only Green realised his intentions.

"LONG LIVE THE JACOBINS!" Copper boomed out, tearing out his lungs in the process.
CRACK

The thunder swerved from its target, incinerating Copper and the Pike, leaving a patch of charred ground on which he previously stood and a trail of ash.

Hurricane watched wide-mouthed.
Green continued to cry, having done so before the strike.
Forests' rage grew tenfold.
Jacos' bloodlust grew twentyfold.
The Jacobins watched with silence, their pikes held in place.
The pegasuses briefly halted their assault, having witnessed something spectacular.
Starswirls' respect grew exponentially.
The fillies' admiration heightened.
Ares's prayers became external, no longer a thought.
Clover cried at the tragedy and sacrifice.
Platinum's fear turned to amazement.

"KILL THEM ALL!" the Jacobins broke their stupor in a fury of motions, their backlines moving first, prompting the next to move like a wave.
"CHARGE!!!" Forest screamed, as the entire Jacobin army galloped forward, crashing into the frozen pegasuses with murderous speed and fury.

"AVENGE COPPER! LONG LIVE THE JACOBINS!" The pony holding Coppers' helmet boomed out, prompting the hiding siege engineers to rally and man(stallion?) their stations once more. "You! Hold my helmet," The booming pony called out, throwing off his helmet to a random engineer. "Someponys' still gotta take care of the lightning," he winked, and ran up to the peak with his own pike, standing on the charred spot. The clouds began to crackle again.

"NOT A STEP BACKWARDS!!!" Jaco screamed, flailing madly at the routing pegasuses, their entire frontline melting away at their charge. "PRESENT YOUR CROSSBOWS!" Jaco ordered, causing all the ponies throughout his lines to aim their crossbows at the fleeing pegasuses. "FIRE!"

A wave of bolts rung out throughout his line, the ponies firing them when their comrades next to them did, causing them to be fired in waves. The bolts all hit their mark, as the routing pegasuses were packed close, resulting in them falling and sabotage their comrades' chances of escape. The charging Jacobins then annihilated them, skewering those who still stood and trampling those who fell. Their armour no longer shined by the coat of blood.

CRACK

Another lightning strike rang out, leaving another trail of ash and another willing pony who took their place. Their sacrifice wasn't in vain, however, as the catapults were able to disperse all 5 clouds, as many of the rocks struck multiple clouds at once. This meant they could focus on the pegasuses, as the fleeing pegasuses in the air proved easy targets.

Hurricane couldn't believe what he was seeing, as an obviously smaller army was routing a force that outnumbered them by 20:1. "Commander! We need orders!" A general broke Hurricanes' stupor, his continuous shouts for orders finally reaching him.

"SEND THE RESERVES! CUT DOWN ANY WHO FLEES! WE OUTNUMBER THEM FOR GOD'S SAKE!" Hurricane snapped, drawing his own blade to join the battle. "THEY CAN STILL BLEED! THEY CAN STILL DIE! WE OUTNUMBER THEM AND CAN ONLY LOSE BY COWARDICE!" Hurricane fumed at his generals and reserves, "BATTLES ARE WON NOT BY ROUTES BUT THROUGH VICTORIES! CHARGE!" The gathered pegasuses cheered and charged against the mud ponies' assault, killing any who tried to flee to discourage cowardice. The once routing pegasuses wheeled back in response and crashed against the Jacobins' lines, snapping some of the pikes due to the overwhelming force.

The Jacobins' lines were dangerously thin, some sections of the lines only being only three ponies wide. The pegasuses rammed into their lines, expecting them to fall and break, but instead, they met rage. The Jacobins wanted blood, they wished to avenge all the earth ponies that had died and suffered due to the pegasus hood. Even as the entire pegasus army pressed up against the Jacobins' lines, pressing their own soldiers to death between their push and the Jacobins' pikes and shields, the earth ponies did not fall back. Instead, they slowly trotted forwards, compressing the bodies between the two armies further.

"LONG LIVE THE JACOBINS!!!" The earth ponies suddenly shouted, knocking the entire pegasus army backwards, many impaling themselves on their comrades' weapons or their own in their fall.

SHRK
The Jacobins pushed their pikes forward, impaling the fallen pegasuses in front of them, and began lifting them like a javelin.
"CHARGE!!!" Forest rang out again, prompting all the Jacobins to throw their pikes forward and impale another line of pegasuses, causing the pikes to become filled with impaled bodies. The Jacobins then drew their swords.

The pegasuses at the back could only see thrown pikes protruding from the crowd of soldiers holding up pegasuses to its tip. They could not even feel the frontlines pushing backwards to retreat from the slashing Jacobins. They were expressly told to not fly up, which meant they could not see what was happening. They could've easily flown up and charged now that the pikes were gone, but they were unaware. They simply waited for their turns to be hacked whilst the Jacobin reserves hurriedly brought new pikes to fix their vulnerability.

The Jacobins slowly advanced, trotting over the countless dead bodies of pegasuses, and rarely encountering their own. A cycle of skewering with the pikes, throwing them once filled, and slashing continued, their own exhaustion ignored by the need for vengeance. Occasionally, it would rain blood, as fleeing pegasuses would fly up and be immediately annihilated by their catapults. Their armour was still impenetrable by the pegasuses' weapons, which allowed them to keep up the assault, as a seeing could be parried by leaning forward with their helmets.

But suddenly, their manes began to lift upwards, and the ground started to kick dirt. The pegasus line finally began to retreat, but the wind kept growing stronger. The confused Forest and Jaco looked up. Their mouths gaped open in surprise, prompting everypony else to look up. They saw a tornado.

"HOLD ON!" Forest shouted, grabbing onto his weapons firmly against the quickly approaching tornado.

"SHOOT THOSE PEGASUSES!" Jaco ordered, pointing towards the circling pegasuses creating the tornado. And from the blurs, he recognised a certain pegasus commander. "COMMANDER HURRICANE IS AMONG THEM! LOAD YOUR CROSSBOWS QUICKLY!" Jaco frantically ordered, attempting to load his own crossbow, however, failing due to the strengthening winds attracting his bolts.

"FORGET THE CROSSBOWS! HOLD ONTO YOUR WEAPONS SOLDIERS!" Green and Forest ordered through the deafening winds, the Jacobins complying and holding on. The catapults futilely attempted to shoot down the pegasuses, however, they would always be replaced by another elite squad that continued to circulate the tornado.

The catapults only stopped firing once the tornado grew large enough to consume their entire army, picking up all the soldiers except for the engineers who stuck close to their catapults. Only when the Jacobins were elevated enough did the tornado cease, tossing and plummeting the heavily armoured earth ponies into the ground, scattered all across the battlefield. No longer in formation. Vulnerable at every angle. Just how Hurricane liked it.

Few earth ponies plummeted to their deaths, however, many landed with broken bones and snapped pikes. Luckily, the tornado didn't last long, as the pegasuses didn't have enough trained elites to pull off the stunt, and the ones which died were the first to be picked up, which meant they accelerated in the tornado the longest. The surviving Jacobins quickly realised their shattered formations and even more quickly spotted the incoming pegasuses. "No rest for the righteous. They all thought, grabbing onto their swords and attaching their shields. They didn't have time to retreat back into formation. No, they would stay and fight 'till the death. Even if the horde consumed them.

Forest quickly rolled back onto his hooves, as he was one of the few who were picked up last, meaning he suffered minimal injuries. However, he feared the safety of Jaco, who was one of the first to be picked up by the tornado. His thoughts were quickly broken, however, as a pegasus lunged at him with a sword, prompting him to parry and pay attention to his surroundings. Luckily, he had a few other earth ponies nearby, who quickly converged next to him, covering his back. "Prepare yourselves for death gentlecolts, for this is will be our finest hour," Forest informed the determined soldiers, as he parried another slash and plunged his sword at his attackers' neck, killing him after a gurgle of blood.

Green slammed into the ground, his lightness working to his detriment, as he was one of the first to be picked up by the winds. He attempted to pick himself up, however, he panicked when he couldn't feel like hind hooves. He fearfully looked backwards to observe the damage, and nearly fainted when he saw his hind hooves completely destroyed, as it resembled more like a crumpled piece of cloth. His disgust was quickly disturbed by the sound of trotting hooves, as several earth ponies surrounded him to protect against the approaching pegasuses. "Should've stayed home colt." The soldiers scolded Green, raising their swords to meet the pegasuses'. Green simply wept. At least he had landed near the intact catapults.

Jaco somehow landed on top of a pegasus, softening his landing. However, when he lifted himself up to see where he landed, he freezer in shock. He was at first surprised to have landed on an elite storm maker, the same pegasuses who had conjured the tornado. But, his surprise came from the pegasus in front of him. Commander Hurricane.

Hurricane had recoiled when his storm maker was squashed by a plummeting mud pony, however, his shock turned to anger as it stood up, and stared dumbfoundedly at him. Unfortunately, his guards were sent forward to help with the tornado, and they hadn't come back yet, forcing him to bloody his own hooves and wings. But he wasn't complaining. Hurricane flashed his wingblades at the mud pony.

Jaco recoiled in response, despite still being in a daze due to the tornado, he drew his sword to meet Hurricanes' threat. The pegasus simply grinned in response.

Hurricane lunged forward without warning, completely surprising Jaco and slashing a wide gash across Jacos' face, making him stumble as well due to the force.

"I'm not much for monologuing, but what gave you mud ponies the confidence to defeat us?" Hurricane mocked the groaning Jaco, who shakily rose back up to his hooves.

Jaco took the time to rise completely up, not answering the question, and instead, pulling out a crossbow which he loaded before he was picked up by the winds. "The name's Jacobin, not mud pony." He deadpanned and loosed a bolt at Hurricane, who narrowly dodged it from hitting his head, but struck his wings instead, as he rolled out of the way.

"...you're dead mud pony..." Hurricane growled murderously, pulling out the bolt forcefully out his wings. Jaco simply grinned with his gashed mouth and tossed his crossbow aside, grabbing his sword with both hooves.

Hurricane lunged again, but this time, Jaco rolled out the way, putting his sword forward where he previously was, cutting the charging Hurricanes' barrel and sending him rolling into the ground.

Hurricane quickly rolled back onto his hooves and lunged again, not letting Jaco prepare. His wingblades harmlessly collided with Jacos' armour, however, was thrown back again by the force.

Hurricane did not let Jaco get back up, and instead flew upwards and dived onto Jacos' face hoof-first, causing a satisfying crack to ring out in the field, as Jacos' teeth broke off.

Jaco tried to push Hurricane off, however, was bombarded with a flurry of swipes from Hurricanes' wingblades that gashed his exposed skin. The pain strengthened Jaco, and he was finally able to push Hurricane off, but not until he had left several small cuts all over Jacos' face and some deep ones on his neck, which was thankfully not deep enough to cause uncontrollable bleeding. Jaco has also lost his helmet, and the bleeding blinded him.

Jaco helplessly looked around to locate Hurricane, however, blood covered his eyes, so he tried to wipe it away, only to be hit by Hurricane again, sending him rolling across the field.

"You think mud ponies could defeat us pegasuses?!" Hurricane mocked again, flying around Jaco to hit him again at an unexpected angle.

Hurricane dived again, this time aiming at his armour covering his barrel, which finally broke off and collapsed on the field, leaving Jaco vulnerable.

"Your rebellion will die! Just like how I am about to do!" Hurricane snarled and unsheathed a dagger from his wing, aiming to plunge it deep into Jacos' heart.

Jaco meanwhile frailed aimlessly, pointing his sword at the air like a lunatic as he was blinded. But strangely, he did not wipe the blood off his eyes.

Hurricane dived a final time, plunging the dagger into Jacos' exposed chests and pinning him against the ground. Jaco screamed out in pain, his eyes still closed due to the blood.

Hurricane began to twist the dagger, widening the wound and plunging the dagger deeper into his chest. Blood began to seep out the exposed wound. "Only a moronic mud pony would not wipe their own eyes to see..." Hurricane insulted the screaming Jaco. But then, he suddenly stopped.

Hurricane slowly drifted his eyes towards Jacos' right hoof, which held his sword firmly. Hurricane realised Jacos' intent and tried to pull back, only to be grasped by Jacos' left hoof. Jaco opened his clean eyes.

"*Cough*...Fucking moron..." Jaco gasped out, blood gurgling his voice. Hurricane tried to frail madly to escape. Jaco simply swung wide and crashed his sword against Hurricanes' neck. Hurricanes' eyes twitched. Jaco twisted his sword out and swung again. Hurricanes' head thunked off.

Jaco leaned back against the field, blood gurgling out his mouth. His eyes shook in its socket. He finally closed them, relaxing his stance whilst warm blood flowed out Hurricanes' neck across his mutilated body. Jaco finally joined Copper in the afterlife.


Sounds of swords clashing and armours scratching rung out across the battlefield, as the Jacobins were scattered and surrounded by the pegasuses 5:1. The surrounding pegasuses could not approach nor attack the surrounded mud ponies at once, as they held tight positions, limiting the combat width to their liking.

Forest had first thought they were doomed, but they were holding up pretty well against the pegasuses, as their superior armour and weapons prevented the pegasuses from approaching. "Strange, Forest thought, "Why are they not attacking us? It feels like they are.... Intentionally delay us..." Forest realised, and gazed across the field to scan for any incoming pegasuses. He found one. They were charging straight towards them.

The surrounding pegasuses quickly disengaged, aiming to let their charging comrades to sweep the scattered and vulnerable mud ponies, but not before being shot by them with crossbows. "COWARDS!" The Jacobins cried, but the pegasuses didn't stop, fleeing behind their charging comrades.

The Jacobins watched dumbly as the pegasuses charged towards them. They had nothing. No pikes. Too scattered to form squares. Too disorganised to effectively defend. Completely exhausted. "Is this the end..?" Forest muttered, as the noise of shouting and jeering pegasuses quickly approached them.

The ponies in the shrine watched on as the charging pegasuses quickly began to converge into the earth ponys' positions. The fillies shut their eyes in distraught. Starswirl and Clover shook their heads in acceptance. Platinum began to fear once more about the pegasuses' wrath. But Ares continued to pray. "Please God... Save these ponies..." They continued to look, as the earth ponies were frozen and the pegasuses charged screaming murder, as they wished for revenge.

STOMP!STOMP!STOMP!

A series of large stomps from atop the opposite mountains rung out, stopping the pegasuses from their tracks due to the sheer noise. The Jacobins and Pegasuses looked up the mountains to locate the noise.

From the shrine, all the ponies could see the massive army of earth ponies that had gathered on top of the opposite mountain. The fillies reopened their eyes in wonder, and the other ponies brightened upon seeing another army.

Atop the mountains were earth ponies all across Equestria who had heard of the great bravery of a rebelling army that was marching towards the pegasus's capital to save them. They had come ignoring their fellow villagers' warnings, wielding makeshift weapons and farming tools. The Jacobins looked up in amazement and gratitude whilst the pegasuses looked up in horror.

"CHARGE! FOR THE JACOBINS!" The gathered earth ponies shouted, prompting them all to gallop down the mountains with incredible speed to join the Jacobins.

"WE AREN'T LOST YET! FIGHT WITH EVERYTHING WE'VE GOT! LONG LIVE THE JACOBINS!" Forest boomed, causing a wave of cheers to ring out across their scattered army. Instead of retreating or defending, the Jacobins attacked. Despite their odds being bleak. Despite being outnumbered. Despite being disorganised. They charged. They charged with the same mindset as before. After all, attacking is the best defence.

The pegasuses finally broke, scattering into the air to flee, only to be picked off easily by the catapults and crossbows. They saw the once broken Jacobins showing renewed strength, their spirits reinvigorated through sheer will alone.

The pegasus army ceased to exist.

Author's Note:

Start of battle:
Pegasus: 200,000-240,000
Jacobins: 10,000

End of battle:
Pegasus: [Army destroyed]
Jacobins: 6000
Further earth pony reinforcements: 8000

Casualties:
Pegasus: 120,000 dead (Wounded executed or left to die), 100,000-120,000 missing
Jacobins: 4000 dead, 6000 injured

PreviousChapters Next