• Published 2nd May 2021
  • 4,885 Views, 752 Comments

The Iron Chancellor - Radical Centrist



Otto Von Bismarck (Unifier of Germany) and Paul Mauser (Inventor of the standard issued rifle of Germany) are thrown into a post-Windigo Equestria as Griffons. How will the early-medieval civilisations change with these Victorian era imperialists?

  • ...
17
 752
 4,885

PreviousChapters Next
To exaggerate and to panic

Author's Note:

This chapter is written so badly.

I don't know what happened.

"THEY'RE WHAT?!" Hurricane panicked whilst being surrounded by his generals who informed him of Thunders' annihilation.

"There are some pegasuses outside who had survived the ambush." A general informed, "But the gist is, the earth ponies are rebelling sir..."

"Impossible..." Hurricane muttered quietly, "How can those mud ponies rebel?! They can barely feed themselves as it is! How would they fight!" Hurricane pondered, as every pegasus rebellion had always done so with a full belly. "After all, an army marches with its stomach..." Hurricane wisely thought, running his hoof I'm his chin.

"The routed pegasus total 100 sir, and general Thunder is dead." Another general voiced, "The only surviving officer was Lefty, and he is currently waiting with the injured."

"...Take me to them." Hurricane decided as they knew nothing of the scale of the rebellion.


Lefty was shaking on his bench, fearing the punishment for his desertion. He made sure that no routing levy saw his treasonous actions, and those who did were quickly 'removed'. Lefty knew the price for retreating in Hurricanes' army, as ever since the officer corp was all but wiped out, it left the soldiers prone to retreat in the face of battle. To circumvent this, Hurricane had enacted several 'reforms' to the army, dooming those who cowered and ran away to death.

Lefty would have to bluff and blame his way out of this fate.

"Lieutenant Lefty I presume?" Hurricane crept up, causing Lefty to jump in surprise, as he was too preoccupied in his thinking to notice the Commander and several other generals approaching him.

"Commander Hurricane!" Lefty quickly hailed, stumbling to his hooves.

"I hear that you encountered a mud pony ambush?" Hurricane inquired suspiciously, still not believing the inferior ponies could have rebelled, no less defeated a pegasus force.

"That is correct..." Lefty mumbled, shrinking in Hurricanes' glare.

"Really? You expect me to believe those mud ponies could've annihilated a force of 2000 pegasuses?" Hurricane pressed, "No. I see something traitorous transpiring Lefty. An army mutinying perhaps?" Hurricane leaned closer to the shrinking Lefty. "Isn't it strange how a general, flying in the air could have died during a mud wrestle?" Hurricane pursued, the seeds of suspicion had already been rooted by the discovery of Thunders' kill list. "Peculiar... How you are unscathed, and your dagger absent." Hurricane pointed at Leftys' side, revealing an empty sheath.

"I-" Lefty hesitated, knowing that answering truthfully and telling the Commander that he had thrown it away to flee faster would have him executed. "-I had thrown it at a mud pony who was aiming at my general." Lefty decided, attempting to relax his panicked expression.

"Oh? Is that so," Hurricane feigned to ponder, placing a hoof on his chin. "I assume you failed to hit the pony then?" Hurricane scoffed at Leftys' poor excuse. "Aiming at him? With what? Pieces of stones?"

"N-no! I hit it!" Lefty defended, "But the crossbow had already loosed a bolt towards the general."

Hurricane began to laugh upon hearing 'crossbow', "The mud ponies owning crossbows?!" Hurricane chuckled at the notion, "Preposterous!

"-the bolt pierced his heart and killed him instantly," Lefty explained fruitlessly, as Hurricane drowned out his reason with laughs. "They occupied every home and shot from the nearby h-"

"Stop," Hurricane ordered, holding a hoof in front of the desperate Lefty. "All I hear is a lieutenant I don't know, engaging in conjecture in direct contradiction to what the mud ponies are actually capable of." Hurricane leaned back, letting his lecture sink into Lefty.

"I'm uh... I apologise." Lefty mumbled, taken aback by Hurricanes' evaluation. "I didn't mean, uh..." Lefty tried to find his words, trying to avoid depict the mud ponies greater than themselves. "Please, may I express my concern of the dangers that the earth ponies can pose-"

"Stop," Hurricane repeated, this time going further, and pushing his hoof against Leftys' snout, silencing him. "I heard enough of this nonsense," Hurricane declared, putting his hoof down to reveal Leftys' concerned face. "General Shocker, make to it that Lefty is 'taken care' of." Hurricane wheeled around, leaving the distraught lieutenant to be dragged by two flanking pegasuses.

"NO! I'M TELLING YOU THE TRUTH!" Lefty wailed, desperately attempting to escape from the grasp. "THEY HAD GIANT WOODEN SPOONS THAT HURLED STONES! YOU CANNOT UNDERESTI- mfff!" Lefty was silenced by a piece of wood wedging between his jaws.

"Welcome to your permanent vacation." Shocker chuckled to Leftys' ears, "THIS IS WHAT WE DO TO TRAITORS!" Shocker announced to the I'm looking recruits, who were terrified by the scene.

"MFFFFF!" Lefty desperately cried out, his tears rolling down his cheek to the wooden board. His teeth burrowed deep into the wood, causing his gums to bleed in pressure.

SHRK! a sword caved into Leftys' neck, causing Leftys' expressions to twitch.

SHRK! the sword swung again, loosening Leftys' head from his neck. Blood began to splatter rhythmically from the exposed neck.

GHRK! Leftys' head rolled off, tearing part of the skin that stuck onto the neck.

"Good riddance," Hurricane muttered whilst walking, hearing the disgusted groans from the witnesses. "Giant Spoons? Mud ponies rebelling? Inconceivable..." Hurricane absently thought, refocusing his attention on the still-unsolved situation of the northeast.

"Commander, what should we do about the northeast then?" A general conveniently asked, which got the rest nodding as well.

"Send our best scout to investigate, a large force will only attract unwanted attention." Hurricane decided and returned to his office, dismissing the generals.


Keen Glass flew lazily in the air, grumbling about his predicament. He wasn't even a scout, merely betrayed by his squad as they were afraid of his progress and achievements, so had chosen him to get rid of him.

Keen surveyed the ground below, occasionally spotting the outlines of villagers and moving earth ponies. He sighed again.

"Such a pain..." Keen grimaced, and grabbed a cloud to rest his wings. "At least I got these lifesavers..." Keen pulled out a joint and a puff of cloud, compressing it to convert it into a storm cloud. The sparks lit the joint, and Keen breathed deeply.

"Haaaaa... Just my luck..." Keen exhaled, expelling pink clouds around him. The ponies below saw this.

A Jacobin swore that he saw a pegasus in the air, however when he pointed to the skies to locate him, it had disappeared. But he maintained his observation, glaring at every cloud for any sign of a pegasus to reveal itself. Then he saw a pink trace.

"THERE! THERE'S THE PEGASUS!" He aligned his crossbow upwards, aiming towards the cloud. The other Jacobins followed his aim and observed the pink trace.

Hails of bolts were shot, however, it couldn't go high enough to hit the floating pegasus.

"Huh-?" Keen looked below to see several holes in the clouds which the bolts made. Through the holes, he could make out an army. "Am I hallucinating?" Keen asked himself, slapping himself with a hoof.

"FIRE!" a Jacobin Lieutenant called out to his catapult team, taking the initiative to eliminate the spying pegasus.

"Nope... Not hallucinating." Keen was still clueless, the joint and the height having disorientated him. "I should run away..." Keen assessed, as more bolts were being shot at him.

As keen floated off his cloud, a blanket of stone scattered the cloud below him, heading straight for him. The stones battered him, making him flip in the air as the missiles shattered his wings and fractured all of his ribs. The pain finally woke him up from his joint.

Keen screamed out in pain, however, he kept his wings beating, preventing his immediate fall. The joint provided him energy to retreat, but it had also heightened his senses towards pain. The Jacobins below halted their fire, waiting for the pegasus to fall. It never did.

Keen flew straight towards the Cloudian Fortress. He had something to report.

PreviousChapters Next