• Published 2nd May 2021
  • 4,886 Views, 752 Comments

The Iron Chancellor - Radical Centrist



Otto Von Bismarck (Unifier of Germany) and Paul Mauser (Inventor of the standard issued rifle of Germany) are thrown into a post-Windigo Equestria as Griffons. How will the early-medieval civilisations change with these Victorian era imperialists?

  • ...
17
 752
 4,886

PreviousChapters Next
Forest's coup

"How are you so sure that your friend, 'Forest' will commence a coup?" Starswirl whispered at Green, who was leaning against a wall to hear any hoofsteps. "After all, this is just one incident, and it seems foolish to suspect somepony would do something this drastic."

"This wasn't a single incident, and ponies do drastic things when they're cornered," Green mumbled, still focused on trying to hear. "I hope the book is wrong... I mean, no disgruntled famous general would rebel in a pony society... Right?" Green bit his lips in hope, but he began to hear the faint hoofsteps.

Starswirl stopped as he began hearing it too, "Do you have any parades ongoing?" He placed his ears against the walls as well.

"...No..." Green muttered, removing his face from the wall. "Please don't do anything stupid Forest... Green hoped, as he felt Jaco's gaze upon him.

"What a waste..."


Before Forest's coup (Forest's garrison)

"Why'd you think Forest assembled us? A soldier asked, unsure as to why they had been rallied several times this month alone.

"I heard he's thinking of invading the unicorns again." another soldier replied, as Forest had been considering departing alone.

"Quiet down you two." A veteran scolded; having served in all major battles with Forest and being fiercely loyal to him. But he had begun becoming annoyed at the undisciplined behaviours of the fresh recruits.

"Shush! Forest is here!" The soldiers braced themselves, as Forest slowly trotted in front of their formations.

Forest stopped in front of his soldiers, stepping on top of a pedestal to make himself more visible. His soldiers watched on quietly.

"Loyal soldiers of the Jacobins!.. I've been betrayed!" Forest announced, causing the assembled soldiers to murmur in shock.

"Betrayed? What happened in the senate?" a soldier murmured, garnering shrugs from his comrades.

"Must've been the Pastorians, our generals have been made at them for a while!" another soldier replied, causing the others to nod.

Forest nodded sagely at the agreeing stallions, as it implied their support for his cause. "The traitors in the senate are colluding with our former oppressors! The unicorns and pegasuses!" Forest boomed, emphasising the last bit. "They plan to restore the regime that oppressed us! Pardon those who watched us die and enslaved us!" Forest began to crack his pedestal through stomps.

"Damn the senate!" The soldiers jeered, as they began stomping and kicking up the dirt.

"We must preserve the revolution! The deaths of Jaco and Copper must not be in vain! We must rid ourselves of the traitorous Pastorians!" Forest roared, prompting his soldiers to cheer madly in support. "WE MUST MARCH! ONWARDS TO THE SENATE?" Forest commanded, pointing towards the general direction of the senate.

"HURRAH!" The soldiers cheered and began galloping towards the capital. Forest quickly caught up to his stallions, leading his soldiers.

"The generals in the capital will support me!" Forest assured himself. "I'll succeed." He thought, "I'll win. He thought.


"What's the meaning of this?! We demand an explanation!" A general cried out, as he and his other high ranking officers were being tied up and escorted into the senate.

The guardponies remained silent, carrying the struggling generals into a locked room in the senate.

"We demand an explanation guards!" The general gasped out, as he was thrown into the pile of his compatriots.

"We don't have to tell you anything." A guard retorted, "Just sit tight, and maybe your 'house' arrest won't turn into a death sentence." The guards slammed the door of the room, shrouding the tied generals and officers in darkness.

There wouldn't be any support for Forest.


"Where to, next sir?" An officer asked, standing beside Forest looking at a makeshift map. "The generals don't seem to be coming..." The officer looked back up and scanned the surroundings for any signs of the incoming generals. "Nope." He shook his head.

"...Then we go without them." Forest snatched the map off his officer and scrunched it, tossing it away once it became a ball. "REFORMISTS! MARCH!" Forest ordered, prompting his battalion to begin marching towards the senate. "Traitors... All of them..." Forest growled.


"They're at '8, 60 seconds." A loyalist informed Green, who had his head firmly against the wall, tracking the march of Forest's battalion in the southwest.

"...Are our soldiers ready?" Green asked, assuming that his loyalists had surrounded Forest's column.

"We've already begun constricting them." The loyalist answered, as their soldiers had begun approaching Forest's street. "Once they're loud enough, we should come out."

Green nodded and began peaking through the windows. "It's time."


"Hold it right there!"

Forest's front column halted, causing several ponies to stumble at the previous rows. "Hey! Why'd you stop?!" A tripped reformist yelled, as his helmet tumbled off in his fall. His anger only stopped when he saw Forest's extended hoof stopping the column's advance.

"Don't do this Forest," Green begged Forest, who was growling at him. "We don't have to fight... Let's just talk..."

Forest glared at the filly, his teeth beginning to dust from his grinding. "Funny how you want peace when I have an army..." Forest snapped, "It's too late filly... You and your friends will be purged from this republic..." Forest drew his sword, prompting his officers and front row to draw their crossbows and swords.

"...I'm so sorry Jaco..." Green muttered, gesturing his hoof for his loyalists to reveal themselves. "Forgive me Copper..." Green prayed, as his loyalists seemingly materialised from every alley, roof, door and windows adjacent to Forest's column. The reformists watched with dread as ballistas began appearing into view.

Pikes lowered, crossbows jolted, ballistas centred and swords unsheathed. The loyalists advanced slowly with their pikes, forcing Forest's soldiers to retreat slowly into a tight circle. Nopony dared to shoot first. Forest watched on helplessly as their position became more and more vulnerable against the ballistas.

As the reformists ran out of space to further retreat into, a loyalist officer stepped forward, accompanied by an assistant with a stool. The officer stood atop the stool, passing the hail of pikes below him. He cleared his throat.

"Brave Soldiers! You have done all the honour of loyalty requires! His grace, Green Pastures invites you to save your lives!.. Will you agree to surrender?!" The loyalist officer appealed.

Silence followed as nopony wanted to be called a traitor. Forest growled hysterically.

"THE JACOBINS NEVER SURRENDER!" Forest roared but wasn't joined by his fellow reformists.

The officer's expressions immediately darkened, as he and his assistant disappeared into the loyalist's formations. Then the pikeponies began dispersing from their formations, revealing an encirclement of ballistas.

Green wiped his tears. "FIRE!"


Forest coughed blood, as the right chunk of his barrel had been obliterating by a bolt. His lungs had already begun filling with blood, effectively suffocating him from the inside.

Green began to approach the leaning Forest with red, teary eyes.

"Why'd you make me do this?! -You're fighting your friends just so you can kill more ponies! -Think Forest think!" Green pointed towards his temples with both hooves, trying not to cry. "Everything we knew! Everything we valued could've been lost by you!" Green withdrew his head, shutting his eyes and letting the tears flow.

*Grrrkkkkh...* Forest gurgled, as bubbles of blood began foaming from his mouth. "I'm so sorry Jaco..." Forest contemplated, as he looked up for the last time and shut his eyes. Foams ceased forming as his life blew out, causing his limbs to limp. Green began to sob and hiccup.

Around him, loyalists investigated the mountain of corpses for any survivors, as the density of the reformist's formations had caused some soldiers to be stuck under a pile of corpses.

Starswirl watched with sympathy and horror. Tia and Lulu held each other close, closing each other's eyes with their hooves, and Starswirl blocking the noise with magic. Ares observed with sympathy, as he and his bishops wandered around the fallen, muttering prayers for the dead and their safe passage to the afterlife.

There was only one great pony left.

Author's Note:

Haha funni Waterloo French surrender reference.

Except in the movie the French guy says "shit"

But some say he actually said the french guard never surrenders or that they die instead of surrendering.

But he personally said he never said it.


Also funni Omni man meme

PreviousChapters Next