• Published 19th Feb 2021
  • 187 Views, 2 Comments

To Fix an Empire - Neoeryn



A group of friends, soon to symbolize the new Elements of Unity, are about to be put to the test. They're going to be sent on a journey that's going to change their perspective on the world around them.

  • ...
 2
 187

Whispers In The Mountains

The group of friends had gone to see Twilight after classes had ended. Calamity was hesitant about Discord joining their group, but Twilight had insisted that he come along. All seven of them entered the room to find Twilight writing things down, surrounded by books.

“Thank the stars you’re all here. After a bit of searching through the Canterlot records, I stumbled upon some information. This strange land that appeared on the map is known as the Realm of Darkness. According to legend, it was the lair of Grogar, only to be taken by Tirek. There’s not much else that’s known about it. I knew it wasn’t safe so I,” -Twilight raised her hoof, pointing at Discord- “Decided to appoint a chaperone for you all!”

All six students turned to look at Discord, who wasn’t focused on the topic at all.

“Did you say something? I was busy reading this. It’s quite interesting if I do say so myself,” He tossed the book somewhere. “Now, you mentioned I was going to be looking after these six adventurers?”

“Please, focus. This could lead to danger and chaos if you’re not listening carefully! The Realm of Darkness is surrounded by just that; darkness. Considering it was ruled by Grogar and eventually Tirek, there’s most likely some sort of magic there that’ll try to split you up, or worse. I’m sending Discord with you on this mission because despite how much he gets on my nerves, he’s proven himself to be a true ally to ponykind,” -Twilight gave each of the students one of the Elements- “and Calamity, please keep a close eye on him. I know he still gets into trouble sometimes.”

“Oh, I will. I think he’ll be fine, though,” Twilight and Calamity glanced back at the group, each member focusing on the design of each trinket they were given, aside from Discord, who was busy doing his own thing. “As long as we include him, I don’t think he’ll cause a scene.”

I don’t think he does it on purpose. I know how hard it was for both of us after losing my friends,” -Twilight sighed and fixed her posture- “He just wants to protect you, as you’re all he’s really got left now.”

With that, the group had started their journey. Discord had suggested teleportation, but Twilight didn’t want to risk them accidentally teleporting to the wrong location, so she gave them a map and a balloon big enough to fit them all. Before long, they were already traveling over the sea.

“Now, can you please not make a scene over everything? I know you like to be included,” Calamity had dragged Discord away from the group to have a one on one conversation. “But this could be dangerous and acting before you think things over could result in... Mishaps.”

“Do you actually think I’m going to do that? What could make you assume such things,” -he took the map from her- “-especially when you don’t know anything about this strange land? You honestly don’t believe this is going to be easy, do you?”

“Are you saying you know about this Realm? I don’t see why it’s such a big deal. You have to remember, my mind isn’t all that great, so pestering me about how you know much more than I do won’t get us anywhere.” Calamity quickly took the map back from him, turning to join her group of friends.

“Doesn’t that volcano look a bit off to anypony else?” Flash seemed to be the only pony who had noticed, as everyone else was busy preparing to land.

Author's Note:

And with that, the Mismatched Society has started their journey!
This is more of a dialogue-based chapter, as writing dialogue is my stronger area of literature. I also thought it would've expressed the characters' emotions and thoughts much more easily. I am so hyped to continue writing this, especially when there're so many exciting things planned for the story!
There will be upcoming scenes with Discord interacting with the other students. I just wanted to set the tone for Calamity and Discord before diving straight into upcoming angst between everyone.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment