• Published 1st Oct 2012
  • 439 Views, 1 Comments

An Empty World - The_Unnamed_Pawn



A Tale of Adventure in the remnants of Equestria.

  • ...
6
 1
 439

Epilogue

For the most part, life returned to normal for the ponies after that. Their disappearances were all noted, but, thanks to a statement from Celestia, all of them were dismissed as a teleportation spell gone wrong. Though there are still quite a few conspiracy theorists who claim that Discord was somehow involved.

Twinkleshine was able to return to her troupe before they moved on from Ponyville. Dew Drop accompanied her in hopes of joining, but after seeing her rather poor performance on stage Pink Lady rejected the pegasus without a second thought. However, thanks to a little help from a fan of Twinkle’s Dew Drop was able to get a position on the town’s weather patrol. She is currently working as their Morning Dew Distributor, and is down to an average of one crash per month.

Airheart missed her surprise housewarming party by almost a day’s time, and when she did make it the next day her friends were surprised to see her bring a mysterious golden colt along with her. After that life returned to normal for Airheart, though she does still keep three pairs of broken goggles on her mantle. Nopony’s quite sure how Goldstone manages to pay his half of the rent every month, but nopony’s also sure why most off the jewelry around Cloudsdale began vanishing about a year after his initial arrival.

Spectrum was fired from his job at the Weather Factory after having been absent for the third full day in a row. He didn’t seem to mind though, saying that rainbow making had been better as a hobby anyway. Starsong on the other hoof was quite irritated by his firing, and ended up quitting her job at the factory as well in protest. The pair now travels across the globe with the stated goal of spreading color and beauty throughout the world. The fact that they tended to appear in the same place as a certain violent mare for the first year of their journey was, as Spectrum put it, “A convenient coincidence.”

Stinger traveled the world for a year or so purely for the sake of pummeling every creature she could. As an unexpected result, the mare ended up gaining a fairly large number of apprentices following her every move and hanging on her every word. In the end this led Stinger to found a school of martial arts in an abandoned cave on Smokey Mountain. After her first three months of that she realized what a lousy teacher she was and made to disband the school. It was nothing more than a lucky coincidence that Wisp happened to be visiting that day. It only took one threat of violence to get him to help with a class. Wisp and Stinger have run the dojo happily and, for the most part, successfully to this day.

Lightning Flash ended up starting a dojo of his own eventually as well, though not of his own volition. The unicorn went into isolation in the Everfree Forest after the events with Screwball. However, as foals wandered into the forest often, it didn’t take particularly long for legends of mysterious and heroic unicorn living within it to spread. Supposedly he teaches those with potential in the art of archery, and has even taken on a few apprentices. However, nopony has ever actually seen where he lives.

Aces Low managed to write a single bestselling book about a mare who attempted to destroy the world. After that he made the rest of a small fortune in gambling. After that his fortune only grew thanks to the wise investment opportunities suggested to him by none other than Caesar. The two make sure to meet with the princesses once a year after the Grand Galloping Gala. Not a word has ever been spoken between Celestia, Caesar, and Low about the incident.

A pony named Screwball was reported missing from Ponyville Hospital less than a day after the strange group appeared in Canterlot. After a year or so, the news of her ran dry and nopony has seen her since. The statue of ‘The Empress of the Void’ on the other hoof has gained quite a bit of reputation. Primarily this is because of the peculiar group that is known to meet annually for a picnic in front of it. In addition to this curious event though, the empress has gained reputation for starting a legend of some note.

If you can view the statue from far outside of the stone gardens, and as long as nopony is visiting them at the time, you can supposedly see the statue smiling.

Comments ( 1 )

Noah, here. I haven't read one word of this story, but I am thumbing you up for effort. To already have 50,000+ words before uploading takes a self control that no one here at Antisocial Industries has, me included. I applaud you.

Login or register to comment