• Published 2nd Jan 2021
  • 1,510 Views, 524 Comments

Pokémon: Equestrian Champions - Banshee531



Flash Sentry's journey through the Equestria Region continues as his greatest battles await him. And as his team train to overcome any challenge, can he claim victory, or will the opposition be to much to handle?

  • ...
4
 524
 1,510

PreviousChapters Next
The Battle Rages On

Flash's long awaited battle against Shining Armor had finally begun. He had managed to win the first two battles of the six on six match despite losing Viper to Shining's Lokelpie. However, Flash believed that Prongs could take on the River Dwelling Pokémon, but a combination of Ice Beam and Energy Ball proved to be explosive, leaving the stadium's battlefield shrouded in smoke. Now the anxious spectators were waiting to discover which Pokémon had triumphed.

Mic: "The smoke still hasn't cleared from those two tremendous attacks. But in a moment, we'll see who the winner is."

And as the fog faded, it showed Prongs laid out on the battlefield with swirls in his eyes. This made Flash and his friends gasp, only for Lokelpie to appear, floating in its pool in the same state as Prongs.

The Rotom Drone flew down and scanned them. "Lokelpie and Stagrowth are both unable to battle! The match is a draw!"

Mic: "What a shocker! Both Pokémon are down and out!"

Celestia: "Lokelpie's battle with Viper and the poison that was left likely didn't help, while Prongs getting hit multiple times by Ice Beam were what drove him to go down."

"Prongs," Flash held up his Pokeball, "Return!" He sucked his Grass-type back into the ball and smiled at it, "You were great. Thank you. Take a rest while I deal with the rest."

"Lokelpie, return." Shining did the same and smiled at his ball, "Good work. You've earned a good rest."

Luna: "Flash might not have won that round, but Lokelpie was the third Pokémon of Shining's that he's beat."

Mic: "That's right! Which means there will now be a time out while the field is changed."

Cadance: "Well, this is the first. No trainer has ever managed to have more Pokémon than Shining during this point in the match. Usually, it's the challenger with three loses."

Celestia: "Indeed. Even if Flash loses, he'll still go down in the record books."

The field descended back into the pit, Flash now taking a deep breath. "Ri?" Flash looked down at Springer, who was giving him a frown.

"Don't worry bud. I'm fine." He turned back to Shining, 'I can't let myself get overconfident. Shining's probably keeping his best team members for last.'

Shining took out a particular Pokeball and studied it. "Soon my friend. Soon." He smirked at Flash, "Let's wear him out a little more before we bring out the big guns."

"My word," Rarity sighed, "All this battle action has my nerves on overload."

"But this match is so cool!" Spike exclaimed, "I can't wait to see where they'll be battling next!"

Twilight nodded in agreement as Cloud turned to her, "Worried?"

Twilight shook her head, "No. Flash has played this match pretty perfectly so far. He's had a few slip-ups, but I doubt that's gonna continue." She looked back at the battlefield, "The real battle starts now." As she said that, the stadium began to vibrate as the new field was lifted into view. And instead of an overly complicated battlefield, everyone was looking at a simple one you would see at any Pokémon Center.

Mic: "And we have a classic dirt battlefield! Nothing like the oldies to mark such an occasion. Now, which Pokémon will our competitors use?!"

Shining took out a Pokeball and enlarged it. "Oaking," he threw the ball, "Stand strong!" In a flash, the tree-man Pokémon appeared on the battlefield and stood tall.

"Oak!" he roared.

"Oaking," he whispered, reaching for Skyler's ball, "No...I need him for later." He took out a different ball, "Astro, I choose you!" In a flash of light and sparkles, the Dark Dragon-type appeared and spread his wings.

"GALVERN!" He roared, only to glare at the Oaking, "Gal!"

Mic: "Oaking against Galvern. Will Galvern be able to keep up despite the injuries it took in its previous bought with Ankyload?"

"Go Astro! Dragon Claw!" The dragon charged with glowing claws as Shining smiled at the oncoming attack.

"Wood Hammer!" Oaking raised its arm before its fist was surrounded by a green aura, which then morphed into the shape of a hammer. He swung it as Astro slashed at him, the two attacks colliding with a shockwave that sent the pair flying back. "Now, Terror Root!"

"Oak!" Oaking's eyes glowed as the ground shook, seconds before massive roots exploded out of the ground.

"Cut'em up!" Astro started slashing at the roots with Dragon Claw, chopping them into bite-sized pieces. "Shadow Ball!" Astro opened his mouth and fired out the dark sphere, instantly hitting Oaking. "Get him!" He took to the air at this, immediately getting up into Oaking's face. "Crunch!"

"Slam!" As Astro tried to bite at Oaking, the Grass-type side-stepped and the dragon flew past him. Oaking then grabbed Astro's tail and with all its might, spun him around until flinging him into the dirt.

"Gal!" He cried.

"Now, Use Wood Hammer!" Before Astro could react, Oaking raised its arm as the energy formed the hammer shape.

"Astro!" Flash yelped, Astro raising his star-gauntlets to block it. The impact still rang through him, making him wince, but barely any damage was done. "Yes!"

Mic: "Whoa. Galvern just managed to survive a powerful point-blank attack."

"Dragon Pulse!" Astro pushed Oaking's arm away and fired the dragon-shaped laser into the tree, knocking it back as Astro got up and took to the air.

"Solarbeam!" Shining ordered as Oaking's leafy hairdo began to glow while.

"Solarbeam now?" Applejack asked, "Risky play."

"This might be the opening Flash needs," Sunset added.

"Go Flash!" Spike, Rainbow and Pinkie all yelled as Flash nodded his head.

"Astro!" He pointed at the Galaxy Pokémon, "Dragon Claw!" Astro dived down, his claws glowing as he flew for Oaking.

Celestia: "Will Astro be able to take Oaking down before Solarbeam finishes charging?"

Luna: "If he can't, he could be in a lot of trouble."

"GAL!" Astro roared as he slashed at Oaking, the Grand Tree Pokémon crossing its arms and bracing as the attack landed. He staggered back, but his Solarbeam kept charging.

"Throw him!" Flash yelled, Astro quickly grabbing Oaking by the arm and spinning it around before tossing it upward. Oaking began to flail in air, only to spin around and point at the ground.

"OAK!" It roared as a beam of energy exploded out of its mouth, the Galvern's eyes going wide as it slammed into him and caused an explosion.

"ASTRO!" Flash cried as he watched the smoke cloud consume the dragon. And before anyone could see what happened, Flash screamed into the fog, "Don't let that stop you buddy! You're one of the most determined Pokémon I know. Whenever there's something that you want, you don't stop until you've got it! Whether it's checking out something you've never seen before or helping those that need it, you always pull through if it's what you want. And I know you wanna win this match!" The smoke began to fade as Flash saw a lump on the ground, "ASTRO!"

The cloud faded completely and revealed Astro, looking badly beaten but still standing as he let out a roar, "GAL!"

Mic: "Galvern is up!"

The crowd cheered as Oaking landed, it and Astro staring one another down as Flash and Shining smirked. "This isn't over yet," Shining commented as Astro took to the air, "Terror Root!" The roots shot out of the ground and flew for Astro, the dragon spinning around them before one slapped him in the face.

"Vern!" He cried, hitting the ground and sliding along it until he dug his claws into the battlefield.

"Astro!" Flash yelled as Springer howled, "Dragon Pulse!" Astro fired the laser and it sliced through the roots before slamming into Oaking and exploding.

"OAK!" It screamed as it staggered back, the roots falling limp as Astro got back up.

"Dragon Claw!" Astro charged with shining claws, only for Oaking to stand tall.

"Terror Root!" Its eyes glowed again and the roots came back to life, only for the Galvern to shred right through them before they got even close.

"GALVERN!" He roared before swinging them with all his might, slashing at Oaking with enough force that it sent him flying.

Mic: "That Dragon Claw hits its mark and Oaking goes flying!"

The Grand Tree Pokémon crashed into the ground and slid along it for several seconds, only to go limp as its eyes turned to spirals. "Oak..." The Rotom Drone flew down and scanned it.

"Oaking is unable to battle. Galvern wins." The crowd cheered as Shining returned his Pokémon.

"Way to go Flash!" Applejack cheered, "You too Astro!"

"He's certainly come a long way," Sunset chuckled as she turned to Twilight. "Hard to believe that's the same egg Flash was carrying around before." Twilight just nodded back.

"Astro might have won," Doc added, "But look at him." They glanced back at the dragon, seeing him heavily panting, "That match seriously wore him out."

"Come back a take a break," Flash returned him and looked down at the ball. "Just one more before Galladin." He glanced back up at the champion, only to see a new ball already in his hand, "But what's it gonna be?"

"Hydraworm!" Shining threw the Pokeball, "Stand strong!" In a flash, a giant three-headed sand worm appeared. It swung its three massive heads around as it let out a mighty cry.

"HYDRA!" The three heads roared in unison, everyone in the stadium gulping at the sight.

Spike turned to Twilight and Doc, "You don't think that's-"

"The same Douburrow that Shining caught in the Grand Desert?" Twilight whimpered out, "I think it is. And since it's evolved, it's clear Shining's trained it up hard."

"What's Flash gonna use against something like that?!" Trixie yelped, Fluttershy quivering.

"It's so big and...scary looking."

"COME ON FLASH!" Pinkie cheered, "You can beat it!"

Flash stared at the Ground Dragon-type before glancing down at his remaining Pokeballs, 'Astro's still reeling from the last battle. I doubt Skyler could even scratch that thing, which just leaves me with Springer and Riptide.' He nodded several times before taking out his Pokeball. "Riptide!" He threw the ball, "I choose you!" In a burst of red energy, the Tidalwave Pokémon appeared.

"Rep," he looked up at Hydraworm. For most Pokémon, seeing something that big and mean-looking would be terrifying, the Reptidal wasn't scared. "Tidal."

Mic: "Reptidal. Interesting choice. Against a Ground Dragon-type, his Water-type attacks will do neutral damage."

Celestia: "But he doesn't just know Water-type attacks."

"Rock Smash!" Flash ordered, Riptide charging with glowing legs.

"Tri-Attack!" All three heads got close as their mouths opened, one filling with fire, the other with lightning and the other with ice.

"Tidal!" He swung his foot into Hydraworm's central neck, making its middle head flinch. But the other two heads turned to him and fired a blast of fire and ice. They struck Riptide and he was blasted back, flinching as he fell while the middle head fired lightning at him.

Luckily, Riptide spun around and landed before leaping away from the third attack. "Aqua Break!" The Water-type drew his sword and jumped up at the worm.

"Earth Power!" Its body glowed as it slammed its tail down, causing the ground to shake and break apart. Riptide had to sidestep as a pillar of earth shot out in front of him, several more appearing and allowing Riptide to use them like a staircase.

"Rep!" He swung his sword and slashed Hydraworm down the middle, "TIDAL!"

"Draw!" Its three heads flinched, but it quickly swung its tail around and slammed it into Riptide. He flinched as he was knocked flying as the battlefield returned to its previous state.

Mic: "Riptide might be fast, but Hydraworm's got a lot of power behind it. This could go either way."

"Dragon Pulse!" Shining yelled as the middle head opened its mouth and unleashed the laser.

"Aqua Break!" Riptide formed the sword and used it to slice the laser down the middle, though he still flinched from the heat of the attack. And when it finished, Riptide wobbled as his Aqua Break splashed away. "You okay?"

"Tidal."

"Use Crunch!" All three heads charged, their mouths open and fangs glowing as they prepared to bite down on the lizard.

"Get out of there!" Flash told him, Riptide taking a deep breath before leaping to the side to avoid the right head's attempt to bite down on him. He then spun to the left to avoid the left head and leapt straight up to dodge the center, "Rock Smash!" Riptide's leg glowed and as he fell toward the center head, swinging it up and down next.

"DRAW!" The Ground Dragon-type cried as it was struck, the blow's vibrations causing its entire head to shake. As this happened, the other two heads turned to glare at Riptide as he started running down the center's neck.

"Dragon Pulse!" The right and left heads opened their mouth and fired the dragon-shaped lasers, though the split effort of them both doing so caused the attack to look smaller than the middle's one.

"Dodge it!" Flash ordered, Riptide leaping straight up. The two lasers struck one another and exploded, unleashing a shockwave that blasted Riptide flying.

"Crunch!" Before Riptide could react, the center head shot up and grabbed him in its jaw.

"REP!" He cried as the fangs dug into him, his entire right side trapped within the beast's mouth. The other two heads lifted themselves up and glared at Riptide, ready to attack if he managed to free himself.

"Riptide!" Flash gasped as Hydraworm bit down again.

Mic: "Reptidal is trapped and taking some serious damage!"

Luna: "And the other two heads are ready to blast him if he escapes."

Cadance: "This isn't good for Flash."

"Come on Flash!" Twilight called out, "You've gotta find a way to get Riptide out of there."

Riptide was squeezed even harder at this, making his friends flinch as Trixie asked, "How's he supposed to escape something like that?"

Flash grimaced at this, seeing Riptide punch and kick at Hydraworm's face with no success. "There's gotta be a way to get him out of there..." Then, a bulb went off in his head. "That's it!" Flash called out to Riptide, "Use Ice Punch inside its mouth!"

"Rep?" Riptide yelped before nodding and clutching his fist, an icy mist soon filling Hydraworm's mouth. The Ground Dragon-type flinched at the freezing temperature, causing its grip on Riptide to slack. "Tidal!" Riptide then pulled his freezing fist out before slamming it into the top of Hydraworm's mouth.

"DRAW!" It roared, opening its mouth wide and allowing Riptide to roll out of it.

The other two heads tried to get him, but he grabbed hold of the middle head's chin and swung himself around to avoid their strikes. "Aqua Tail!" As he fell down, he swung his tail around and slammed the water into the other two heads. This allowed him to escape by sliding down its body and jumping off the end of its tail. "Nice one!" Flash cheered as Riptide landed in front of him, Hydraworm turning to glare at him with all three heads.

"It's not over yet!" Shining countered, "Hydraworm, use Earth Power!" The triple headed worm raised its tail and slammed it down into the ground, causing the earth around Riptide to shake and break apart. Several fissures appeared as pieces of rock shot up to try and slam into him.

"Move!" Flash ordered, Riptide quickly running away, but a chunk of rock smacked his side, making him stagger back, his foot falling into a crack. The crack closed in on him before he could get it out, trapping the lizard.

"Dragon Pulse!" The three mouths opened up and split the energy between them before firing three dragon-shaped lasers.

"Aqua Break!" Flash ordered, Riptide creating a pair of swords. He tried to deflect the three attacks, but was only able to protect himself against two of them while the third slammed into him.

"REP!" He cried as he was blasted out of the ground and into the air, soon crashing into the dirt.

"Tri-Attack!" Shining yelled before Riptide could recover, Hydraworm opening its mouth and charging up the energy before letting it fly.

"Get out of there!" Flash screamed, but it was too late. The attacks slammed into Riptide, exploding into a tornado of the three elements.

"TIDAL!" Riptide cried as he was frozen, burned and zapped in different parts of his body. He began to scream at this, unable to move as the three element vortex's force locked him in place.

Mic: "Wow. Reptidal is trapped in that Tri-Attack, and doesn't look to be able to escape."

Celestia: "This could be bad for Flash. The longer Riptide's in there, the more likely he could be struck by one of the status effects it can incur."

"Riptide!" Flash excalimed, his Reptidal continuing to stand there shielding his head with his arms as bolts of lightning, chunks of hail and fireballs slammed into him. "Come on, snap out of it!" But Riptide simply stood still, Springer calling out to him with no luck while Flash took a deep breath. "We've been through so much together, and you've been working so hard to get stronger! Well now's the time to step up and prove it! Time to show everyone what you're made of! Let's go!"

Riptide slowly lowered his arms and opened his eyes, glancing back at his trainer as a reflection of Flash appeared in his eye.

"RIPTIDE!" Riptide closed his eyes, which then shot open as the Reptidal swung his arms.

"REPTIDAL!" He roared, spinning around to unleash a wind with his tail that pushed the tornado away, allowing the water starter to leap out of the vortex.

Mic: "Reptidal is back in the battle and looking ready to end it!"

Cadance: "But with all of the damage Riptide's taken, can he beat Hydraworm?"

"Earth Power!" Shining ordered, Hydraworm slamming its tail into the ground and causing the battlefield to break apart again. But Riptide began leaping around, keeping ahead of the destruction as he got closer to Hydraworm.

"Aqua Break!" Riptide formed his sword and used it to cut through several falling rocks before leaping at Hydraworm.

"Tidal!" He roared as he spun around, slashing his sword into the center neck. It flinched at this while the other two tried to get him, but he landed on the ground and backflipped to avoid them. He then swung his sword to slash at the pair, making them cry out in pain as well.

"Dragon Pulse!" The middle head fired the attack, hitting the ground and making it explode. The shockwave from it knocked Riptide upward, only for the lizard to position himself so that he was falling straight for Hydraworm.

"Crunch!" The three heads shot up at him, fangs ready.

"Rock Smash!" Riptide's legs glowed and he spun around, twirling in the air and round housing the first head that got close to him before uppercutting the second with a kick to the chin and finally stomping both feet to push the two apart. Riptide backflipped several times at this, landing and sliding along the ground while Hydraworm's heads glared at him. "Finish this with Ice Punch!"

"Tidal!"

"Dragon Pulse!" All three heads fired a laser at the charging Riptide, the three merging together to form a dragon-shape that barrelled down on the water lizard. But Riptide leapt over the laser, which hit the ground and exploded, its force catapulting Riptide at the worm.

"Rep!" Riptide pulled his fist back as he reached Hydraworm, "TIDAL!" With that, his punch slammed into the area where the three necks merged. The force knocked the Ground Dragon-type back, ice now forming around Hydraworm's body.

Within seconds, the giant Pokémon was sealed within a large block of ice. Riptide kicked off of it, the ice then breaking and shattering. "Draw!" The three heads cried as the whole thing fell over, spirals appearing in its eyes as Riptide landed, his legs wobbling despite staying upright.

Rotom Drone flew down and scanned the Triple Worm Pokémon. "Hydraworm is unable to battle. Reptidal is the winner."

Mic: "Reptidal takes Hydraworm down, meaning Shining now only has one Pokémon remaining!"

Celestia: "But this battle has tired out every single one of Flash's Pokémon."

Luna: "And Shining's kept his best Pokémon for last."

Cadance: "This battle's still anyone's guess. Even with Shining down one to four."

"Return!" Shining held out his Pokeball and sucked Hydraworm back inside. "Thank you." He then smiled at Flash. "You've done well. Pushing me to this point." Flash nodded back, only to see Shining's smirk turn to a grin, "But now you have to face your ultimate challenge." He took out a Pokeball, "And this one won't go down so easily."

"Here it comes..." Flash whispered as Shining held the ball up, Riptide and Springer standing ready for what was coming.

"Galladin!" He threw it, "STAND STRONG!" And sure enough, a flash of light signaled the reveal of Shining's ace. The knight in armor appeared, staring Riptide down.

"Gall," he whispered before summoning his swords, "Galladin."

Mic: "There it is. Galladin. This Pokémon has gotten Shining out of many tricky jams. Will it be enough to defeat Flash and defend his champion title?"

"Use Slash!" Shining ordered, Galladin raising his swords as he charged, every step making the ground shake.

"Counter with Aqua Break!" Flash countered, Riptide drawing his sword and breaking it in two before charging as well. The pair reached one another and swung their blades, the metal and water swords clashing for a second before bouncing off. They swung their other weapon next, now getting the same results before both continued to clash, neither side seeming to give an inch. But after a few swings, the four blades became locked together with Riptide and Galladin pushing against each other.

However, Galladin's strength then pushed Riptide back, "Tide," he groaned as the blades drew closer to his face.

"Back off!" Flash told him, Riptide letting the force of Galladin's attack push him out of the blade's range before jumping back. "Galladin's too strong to go head-to-head! We gotta fight with your speed and agility."

"Tidal!" Riptide dispelled his swords at this.

"Night Slash!" Galladin's blades glowed purple as he slashed at Riptide, but the Reptidal leapt over him.

"Rock Smash!" Riptide landed behind Galladin and spun his leg around to kick him, Galladin spinning around and blocked it with his shield, but the impact pushing him back.

"Tidal!" Before Galladin could block again, Riptide thrust his foot to the side, hitting Galladin's chest and knocked him back.

"Sacred Sword!" As Riptide landed the blow, Galladin raised his blade.

"Gall!" Galladin slashed at Riptide's chest, the Reptidal flinching beofre getting knocked back. And before he could recover, Galladin charged with his other sword.

"Aqua Break!" As Galladin swung his sword down, Riptide drew his blade, blocking it inches from his face. "Aqua Tail!" Before Galladin could push down, Riptide's tail was covered in water and he swung it into Galladin's legs.

"GALL!" The knight yelped as he was knocked off balance, allowing Riptide to hop back.

Mic: "Some quick thinking there allowed Reptidal to escape."

Celestia: "But by the looks of things, Galladin has Riptide beat when it comes to power. Flash can dance around him all he wants, but unless he gets a solid hit in..."

Luna: "Galladin will end up winning this bout in the end."

"Rock Smash!" Riptide leapt as his legs glowed, but Galladin regained his footing just in time.

"Iron Defense!" As Riptide tried to thrust a foot down, Galladin raised his now glowing shields. Riptide's attack collided with the shields and Galladin was pushed a step back, only to swing his arms apart to launch Riptide away. "Slash!" Galladin charged at this as Riptide landed, Galladin hitting the lizard before he could escape.

"Tide!" He cried as he was sent staggering back. Galladin tried to slash him again, but Riptide managed to leap away, now doing several back-flips to get out of range.

"Aqua Break!" Riptide formed the sword and charged again, Galladin doing the same as they drew closer to one another. "You can do it Riptide!"

"Take it down!" Shining yelled as Galladin prepared himself. "Iron Defense!" He raised his shields again and used them to block every single one of Riptide's slashes, the metal barely scratched as Riptide jumped around the Fighting Steel-type in an attempt to get passed his defenses. "Night Slash!"

"Gall!" Galladin blocked another attack and pushed Riptide back before un-sheaving a purple glowing blade. This slash knocked Riptide's water sword out of his hands, only to then slice down the lizard's chest.

"Tidal!" He screamed before Galladin leapt and planted a foot into Riptide's stomach, knocking him back. "Rep!" The lizard began to skid across the ground, only to use his tail to flip himself back around to land on his feet.

"Ice Punch!" Riptide leapt and threw a freezing punch, but the knight raised his shield again. Riptide flinched as his attack slammed into the metal, a lay of frost covering the shield but doing no damage to Galladin. "Rock Smash!"

"Rep!" Riptide swung his leg up, but it was blocked by Galladin's other shield. And before Flash could think to order another attack using Riptide's free fist, Galladin pulled his head back and slammed it into Riptide's face. "TIDAL!"

"Sacred Sword!" Galladin raised both blades as they glowed blue Riptide clutched his head, only to glance up and see Galladin swing his blade down. The blow slammed him back, Riptide skidding across the dirt again as Galladin charged at him.

"Aqua Break!" Riptide hopped back to his feet and drew his sword, blocking the first slash, and then the second.

"Tidal!" Acting fast, he ducked under the blades and slashed Galladin's stomach.

"Gall!" The knight staggered back, but Shining yelled out another order.

"Do it now. Sacred Sword!" Galladin raised both blades and brought them together, the blue glow merging into an even greater light as it swung both blades downward. A shining blue shockwave came next, Riptide's eyes glowing wide as he tried to use his sword to block it.

"Rep!" He held the blade out and the shockwave struck it, the force making Riptide flinch...only to explode. "TIDAL!"

"RIPTIDE!" Flash cried as the cloud consumed the lizard, only for it to fade and reveal Riptide on the ground with spirals in his eyes. "No!" Rotom Drone flew down and scanned him.

"Reptidal is unable to battle. Galladin is the winner."

"Ouch," Doc grimaced, "That was hard to watch."

"But Riptide managed to get some hits in," Rainbow added as Flash returned his Pokémon, "That's gotta count for something."

"You're right," Cloud nodded. "But Galladin barely looks like it broke a sweat against Riptide."

"I hope Flash knows what he's doin'," Applejack finished.

"Thanks Riptide," Flash put the ball away. "Don't worry. We're not done yet." He took out another Pokeball as he stared Galladin down, "My team and I are far from beat. Skyler!" He threw the ball, "I choose you!" In a flash, the Tornavian appeared and took to the air above the stadium.

"Tore!" He squawked.

Cadance: "A Flying-type. Not a bad choice to use against Galladin, but he's had to compete with them before."

Mic: "Will Tornavian be able to overcome Shining's ace? Let's find out!"

"Aerial Ace!" Flash yelled, Skyler flying straight up before spinning around and diving. The Flying-type picked up speed, the slipstream appearing around him.

"Iron Defense!" Shining called out, Galladin quickly raising his shields as they glowed. Skyler V-turned and tried to tackle Galladin, but ended up slamming into the shield, bouncing off with no damage. "Now, used Slash!"

"Gall!" Galladin ran forward and unleashed a blade, the Gallent Knight Pokémon quickly spinning around and slashing at the Tornavian.

"TORE!" He yelped as he was knocked back, but managed to spread his wings and keep himself upright as Galladin prepared to slash him again.

"Steel Wing!" Skyler's wings glowed as his wing clashed with Galladin's blade, only for the knight to smack him back with a second blow.

"Nay!" Skyler cried as he was pushed away, only to fly as Galladin stared at him.

"I've gotta find a way past its defenses," Flash told himself, only for a bulb to go off in his head, "Skyler, use Tornado Burst!" Skyler began to spin and form the tornado, which shot for Galladin before exploding.

"TORE!" Skyler squawked as he charged.

"Iron Defense!" Shining countered, Galladin raising its shields as they glowed. Skyler flew down and slammed into them, but Galladin didn't even budge as he was pushed back. "Slash!" Galladin thrust his blade at this, but the bird quickly flew back.

"Another Tornado Burst!" Everyone watched as the Tornavian repeated the attack and formed the tornado.

"Iron Defense!" Galladin raised his shields again, only for Skyler to slam into him before flying back up.

"Tornado Burst, again!"

"What's he thinking?" Rarity asked as Skyler spun around again, "That attack's not gonna get through Galladin's defenses." The others nodded in agreement as Galladin kept its shield up and Skyler bounced off once again before Flash called for another Tornado Burst.

"Maybe..." Twilight whispered, "Maybe he's not trying to beat Galladin with this attack."

And as Galladin kept his guard up as Skyler slammed into him, this blow pushed him back and knocked Skyler to the ground. "Night Slash!" Galladin summoned his blades as they glowed and swung them at Skyler, but the Tornavian suddenly vanished in a blur. "What?!"

"That's it!" Flash cheered, "Now, use Steel Wing!" Another blur signaled Skyler appearing behind Galladin, his wings glowing as he slashed at him. The attack struck the knight in the back, making him flinch as he staggered forward. And before Galladin could attempt to react, the bird vanished again.

Mic: "Whoa! That's some speed!"

Celestia: "Of course. That's why Flash kept using Tornado Burst. The attack has an added effect of increasing the user's speed."

Luna: "Now Skyler's too fast for Galladin to hit."

"Alright!" Spike cheered, "That's the way Flash!"

"Speed and power!" Rainbow added, "That's the way Flying-types fight!"

"Aerial Ace!" Flash commanded, Skyler diving down so fast Galladin could barely keep up.

"Counter with Night Slash!" As Skyler flew into range, Galladin slashed at him with his sword, but Skyler barrel-rolled away before slamming into Galladin.

"TORE/GALL!" They screeched as Galladin was knocked back and Skyler flew up a second later.

"Not bad," Shining told Flash. "I'll admit your Tornavian's fast. But even the fastest attacks will do next to nothing against Galladin. If you wanna win, you'll need something big."

Flash frowned at this, only to stare at his Pokémon and saw it was panting compared to Galladin. "Then let's do this! Giga Impact!" Skyler flew up and dived down, the energy forming around him as he began to rocket toward Galladin.

Mic: "Flash is attempting to end this with Tornavian's best attack!"

Celestia: "Shining is right about this probably being the only move of Skyler's that can do enough damage to break Galladin's defenses, but..."

Luna: "If Galladin survives, Skyler will be open to an attack."

Everyone watched as the meteor flew down for Galladin, who didn't even try to escape and retracted his swords. "Iron Defense!" Galladin raised both shields and held them together, the light from them shining brightly as Skyler's attack got closer. Galladin braced himself and dug his feet in tight as the attack finally struck, the shockwaves coming off the Giga Impact making the ground around him shake. The meteor slammed into the shields and began battering against the Gallent Knight's armor, the ground behind him ripping up as he was pushed back and formed two large trenches. Then, an explosion consumed them both.

"Skyler/Galladin!" Flash and Shining cried as smoke filled the stadium. Everyone watched as the fog began to settle until-

"Tore!" Skyler squawked as he flew out, forced to glide to the ground and land before turning to the smoke cloud.

"Come on..." Flash whispered as the smoke began to fade. And when it did, Galladin was revealed to still be standing. "No!" Flash couldn't believe he had survived, Galladin's armor not even appearing scratched.

"Nice try, but not good enough." He pointed as Skyler, "Use Slash and take him down!" Galladin charged at this, blades extending as Skyler remained frozen in place by a lack of energy.

"Galla..." He got within range and swung his blade, "DIN!" In a flash, Galladin appeared behind Skyler with his sword pointed forward.

"TORNAVIAN!" Skyler then cried as he felt the pain of the attack, his body giving out as spirals replaced his eyes before the Rotom Drone flew down.

"Tornavian is unable to battle. Galladin is the winner."

Mic: "Wow! Two Pokémon in a row and Galladin barely seems phased by all the damaged that it's taken."

The crowd gasped as they saw Flash return Skyler, Twilight, Doc and Spike all getting flashbacks to the last time the pair of them battled. "This isn't looking good," Sunset sighed.

"We can't lose hope yet," Fluttershy added.

Rarity nodded. "Even if Galladin looks fine, it's still taking damage. Flash just needs to get one good hit in."

"But can he get that hit in?" Cloud asked with a slight grimace, "Come on Flash. You need to start thinking outside the box."

"Sorry Skyler," Flash told the Tornavian before staring at Galladin, the knight calmly standing there. "This is going from bad to worse." He took out a Pokeball, "I hate that I have to do this, but...Astro," he threw the ball, "I choose you!" The ball opened and in a flash of light and sparkles, the Galvern appeared.

"Gal!" He roared before staring at Galladin. "Vern."

Mic: "Galvern comes back out for another battle. But against Galladin, will it stand a chance?"

Luna: "Flash might be using it to widdle down Galladin's energy so that Springer will have a better chance at beating him."

Celestia: "Maybe, but that doesn't really seem like Flash's style."

Cadance: "He believes Astro has what it takes to win. The only question is...can he?"

Flash saw Astro panting, clearly still tired from his last two matches. "I know you can do this bud," he assured him as Galladin charged, "Into the air!" Astro spread his wings and took to the skies, flying out of Galladin's range before the knight could attack. "Now use Shadow Ball!"

"Gal!" Astro opened his mouth and formed the sphere, "VERN!" It fired, going for Galladin as his friends smiled. Iron Defense only protected against physical attacks, not special like Shadow Ball until-

"Night Slash!" Galladin swung his blade and cut the Shadow Ball in half, the two pieces flying in different directions and exploding a good distance away.

"Dragon Pulse!"

"GALVERN!" Astro roared as the dragon-shaped laser flew out of his mouth.

"Sacred Sword!" Galladin brought both blades up as they glowed, the light merging as he swung them down and cut the Dragon Pulse right down the middle without taking any damage. But as this happened, the light from the attacks blinded him for a moment, only for Astro to appear right in front of him.

"Dragon Claw!" Astro slashed as Galladin before the knight could raise his shields, his claws grinding against the Fighting-type's chest and knocking back. "Shadow Ball!" Astro then fired the sphere, Galladin barely able to raise his left arm to shield himself as it exploded against him.

"Sacred Sword!" Galladin then swung his right arm around and slashed at Astro, the blow making the dragon flinch. "Slash!"

"Get out of there!" Astro staggered back as Galladin charged, ready to slice at him again. But Astro used his tail to kick himself into the air, the shiny Pokémon flying straight up and out of Galladin's range. "Dragon Pulse!"

"GALVERN!" The dragon laser fired from his mouth, but the knight managed to leap out of the way with the attack just grazing his shoulder.

"Night Slash!" Galladin swung his sword and a purple light flew off it, turning into a crescent blade that struck the dragon.

"GAL!" He flinched, his wings stopping their flapping for a second as he began to fall.

"Recover and use Dragon Claw!" And as Galladin charged in, Astro flared his wings, stopping himself as his claws began to glow.

"Iron Defense!" Galladin raised his shields just in time to block the claws, the two Pokémon pushing against one another. "Now, Sacred Sword!" The light from Galladin's shields faded as his blades extended, the knight swinging his arms apart and slashing at Astro in an X formation.

"Gal!" He screamed as he was knocked back.

"Slash!" Before Astro could escape, Galladin slashed at his wing. He roared in pain, spinning to slam his tail into Galladin and knocking him back.

"Quick bud!" Flash called out, "Into the air!" Astro tried to take off, but when he leapt into the air, his wing suddenly flinched, pain rushing through him.

"VERN!"

Mic: "Ouch! Looks like that Slash attack damaged Galvern's wing so that it can't take off."

Cadance: "Which is what Shining was aiming for. Pokémon that can fly have a serious disadvantage when forced to remain on the ground."

"Sacred Sword!" Shining called out, Galladin charging with his blade again. Astro then raised his star-shaped gauntlets and blocked the attack, his feet grinding into the dirt as the knight pushed him back.

"Shadow Ball!" Flash ordered as Astro opened his mouth and fired the attack point blank, but Galladin managed to duck under it, the orb flying over his shoulder. "Crunch!" Astro thrust his head to bite into Galladin's shoulder, but the knight retracted his sword and raised his shield so Astro bit it instead.

"Throw it!" Shining ordered, Galladin quickly spinning on the spot and throwing Astro away.

"GAL!" He cried, losing his grip on Galladin's arm as the knight extended his blade.

"Sacred Sword!" Galladin's blades glowed and the light combined, Astro moaning as he looked up at the Fighting-type.

"Dragon Pulse!" Before Galladin could swing the swords down, Astro roared and unleashed the dragonic laser. It struck the knight and blasted him back, allowing Astro to roll back onto his feet. "Dragon Claw!"

"GO!" Shining yelled, Galladin pulling his blades apart as the Sacred Sword continued to charge. The pair met in the middle of the battlefield, both attacks clashing head on. Again and again they struck, neither giving an inch as they blocked each other. But then, Astro kicked himself into the air, managing to hover as Galladin slashed where he once was, missing and falling off balance until Astro fell down.

"Gal!" He roared, slashing his claws downward and knocking Galladin back as his metal was scratched by the impact. The crowd cheered at this as Galladin steadied himself.

"Finish this!" Shining ordered, Galladin charging again.

"You too, Astro!" Flash called out, "Dragon Pulse!" Building as much energy as he could, Astro roared and unleashed the largest Dragon Pulse anyone had ever seen. The dragon-shaped laser exploded out of his mouth, looking like it had enough power to blast a mountain in half.

But Galladin was not scared as Shining exclaimed, "Sacred Sword!" Crossing both blades, Galladin rushed into the laser and began to push through it. The crowd gasped at this as the Fighting Steel-type broke out through the other side of the attack.

His armor was smoking, but he forced himself forward and slashed Astro with both swords. "GALLADIN!" He roared as the attack slammed into Astro, the dragon screaming in pain.

"GALVERN!" His body froze in place before falling back, hitting the ground with spirals in his eyes. Flash and Springer called out to him, but the Rotom Drone flew down instantly.

"Galvern is unable to battle. Galladin is the winner."

Mic: "Galvern gave its all, but even its stubborn will was no match for the power of Shining's ace. Galladin has taken down three of Flash's Pokémon in a row, and now both trainers are down to their last Pokémon."

"I'm proud of you Astro," he told the Pokeball before putting it away. "You did great." He then turned to his final fighter, Springer looking ready to battle, "I guess it's up to you and me bud."

"Ri!" he nodded before calmly walking out onto the battlefield. He and Galladin stared one another down as the crowd began to cheer.

Mic: "Flash sends out Riolu, his last Pokémon. Will it be able to overcome Galladin, or will Shining Armor defend his title once again?"

"This is it," Twilight whispered. "The final battle."

Cloud sighed, "I had a feeling it would end this way. Flash...Shining...Springer...and Galladin. Those four have been connected since the day they first met. And now, the title of Champion will be determined by them." Everyone watched anxiously as the two Fighting-types prepared for battle. Time seemed to slow as they waited for their trainers to make their first command.

Flash and Shining locked eyes, both taking a deep breath to ready themselves...and began. "Aura Sphere/Slash!" Springer formed the orb in his hands and fired it as Galladin charged with his blade.

"Gall!" He sliced at the sphere and cut it in half, both sides exploding as he got in close.

"Bone Rush!" Springer spun his paws on the spot and formed his staff, holding it up just in time to block Galladin's attack.

"Night Slash!" Galladin's other blade extended and slashed at Springer, but he leapt back before breaking his staff in half.

"RI!" Springer charged and swung both bones, he and Galladin dual wielding against one another, only for Springer to push past the knight and thrusted his weapon into Galladin's stomach.

"Gall!" It staggered back as Springer threw his weapons away.

"Aura Sphere!" Quickly forming the ball, the Riolu fired it at his opponent.

"Iron Defense!" Galladin raised his shields as they glowed, the orb slamming into them and exploding. Galladin flinched at this, but managed to keep his footing. But when he lowered his shields, Springer had vanished.

"Extreme Speed!" Springer suddenly started teleporting around Galladin, moving faster than the eye could see. And before Galladin could catch up, the Riolu appeared and slammed a foot into his chest.

"RIO!" He cried, knocking Galladin back before vanishing again.

"Now, use Drain Punch!" Springer, still sped up from his Extreme Speed, appeared in front of Galladin and in the blink of an eye, his glowing fist was suddenly thrusted into Galladin's chest.

"GALL!" He cried was he was blasted back, carving a pair of foot long trenches into the ground as he slid to a stop while his energy was drained. Springer smiled as he felt himself heal a little, the crowd cheering agian.

Mic: "I can't believe what I'm seeing! Riolu is running circles around Galladin!"

Celestia: "His speed is just too much for it to handle."

Luna: "Flash might actually win."

Shining chuckled at this, "I'm impressed, but don't think you've won yet." He turned to Galladin, who stood tall and stared Springer down. "It's time. Let's show them why we've stayed Champions for so long!"

"Gall!" Galladin roared and much to Flash's chagrin, his shields and heavier armor began to fall off. Within seconds, only the lightest of its metal parts remained. "GALLADIN!"

Cadance: "There it is. Armor Drop. Galladin's defense have been lost, but its speed and attack power is now greater than ever before."

"Sacred Sword!" Shining yelled, both Galladin's blades extending with a bright blue glow. And before Springer could think, the Gallent Knight Pokémon shot ahead and slashed him with both blades.

"RIO!" He cried as he was thrown back from the blow, hitting the ground rolling, but managed to just jump back to his feet.

"Aura Sphere!" Springer launched his attack, but Galladin side-stepped it as he got in close.

"Slash!" Within seconds, Galladin was once again in range and sliced his swords into Springer's chest. The Riolu screamed at this, only to side-step from Galladin's second attack.

"Bone Rush!" He formed the staff and used it to block another Slash before attempting to hit Galladin, but Shining's ace quickly backpedaled before swinging his foot into Springer's paw, knocking the bone out of its grasp.

"Night Slash!" Before Springer could react from this, Galladin spun around and slashed Springer again.

"RIO!" Springer screamed, everyone watching flinching at the sight as he fell back. They all realized that had to be a critical hit, Springer hitting the ground and rolling around.

"Springer!" Flash cried as his partner laid on the ground, Galladin walking up to him, "Come on! Get up!" Springer got onto all fours and started pushing himself up, only to barely move, "Springer..."

"This doesn't look good," Trixie gulped.

"Galladin's just too strong," Doc added.

"COME ON FLASH!" Rainbow, Spike, Pinkie and Applejack exclaimed, Twilight staring at him, worry now appearing on her face.

"Please," she whispered, "Please keep fighting."

"Is that really all you've got Flash?" Shining asked, "After coming so far, is this really the limit of your strength?" Flash stared at Springer, the Riolu trying again to stand, but falling over. Flash closed his eyes and tried to reach out to Springer, their auras flaring as they connected.

"Come on Springer," he told him, "You've gotten us both out of jams, time and time again. And no matter how bad things were looking, you've always been able to come up with a winning move and you know it." As he said that, the pair started glowing through their aura connection, Springer feeling new strength flowing through him. "Dig deep bud! You can do it." Their eyes both shot open, "SPRINGER!"

"RIOLU!" Springer roared as he shot up to his feet, the light shining even brighter around his body.

Mic: "Riolu is up!"

The crowd cheered as Springer charged, both he and Flash moving exactly the same as the teen yelled, "Aura Sphere!" Springer formed the orb and thrust it into Galladin's chest. The Gallent Knight flinched as the attack exploded, knocking him back as Springer leapt into the air. "Bone Rush!"

"Sacred Sword!" Shining countered, both Pokémon summoning their weapons. Springer swung his down, but Galladin blocked it with his and pushed Springer back before charging and striking Springer several times in the arms and legs.

"Ri/Augh!" Springer and Flash cried, the crowd gasping when they saw Flash hold his arm in the place Springer had been hit. His friends quickly realized that Flash was feeling the same pain Springer was through their link, but Flash then let out a command, "Extreme Speed!" Springer zipped ahead at this, circling around Galladin before appearing right above him. Both he and Flash raised their legs up before swinging them down, Springer hitting Galladin in the head.

"Night Slash!" And as Springer finished his blow, Galladin recovered and slashed at the Riolu, striking him in the chest. Springer went flying back at this, him and Flash flinching as the trainer called out a command.

"Aura Sphere!" Springer formed the orb and threw it downward.

"Iron Defense!" Galladin crossed his arms, the little metal he had on him shining as the sphere slammed into him and exploded. Smoke covered him as Springer landed on the ground.

"Another Aura Sphere!" Springer charged and formed the orb in his paw. But as he got close, Galladin swept his arms around and pushed the smoke away.

"Sacred Sword with everything you have!" Both Galladin's blades glowed and when he lifted his arms up, the light from them merged to form one giant blade that went about thirty feet up. "GO!"

"GALLADIN!" The Gallent Knight swung his arms down, the blade falling down for Springer as he stopped in his tracks.

"RI!" Springer held the orb up to block the sword as it slammed into him. The two attacks pushed at one another, Springer and Flash flinching at the heat...only for the Aura Sphere to not be able to take it anymore until-

KABOOM!

It exploded, filling the stadium with smoke that engulfed both Pokémon. Everyone gasped at this, only for a scream to make them jerk their heads to a certain individual.

"AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHH!" Flash screamed, the teen then going limp as everyone gasped as he fell to his knees.

"FLASH!" His friends cried just as the smoke cleared, Galladin still standing despite panting.

Then, Springer was revealed, on his knees and head down just like Flash. Everyone gasped again at the sight, now seeing Flash and Springer's connection caused the teen to feel all the damage the Riolu had taken from the attack. Now they were both sitting there, looking ready to fall over any moment.

"FLASH!" Twilight screamed, "Get up!"

But Flash didn't react. He just sat there on his knees, not responding.

"Is he breathing?" Fluttershy asked.

"Someone call an ambulance!" Rainbow yelled as the rest of the crowd began murmuring. And as they stared at the battlefield, seeing the two not responding, it begged only one question: Had Flash lost? Was his Equestria League journey at an end? What would this mean for his future? A million questions were being asked and nobody had an answer. All they knew was that Flash and Springer were down and possibly, they weren't getting up.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

Whelp, this was a fun chapter with an interesting cliffhanger. How will things end here? Will Flash win, or will this obstacle just be too much for the pair of them.

PreviousChapters Next