• Published 2nd Jan 2021
  • 1,510 Views, 524 Comments

Pokémon: Equestrian Champions - Banshee531



Flash Sentry's journey through the Equestria Region continues as his greatest battles await him. And as his team train to overcome any challenge, can he claim victory, or will the opposition be to much to handle?

  • ...
4
 524
 1,510

PreviousChapters Next
Light Against Shadows

Team Shadow now had everything needed to summon the Legendaries and take control of them. Within the cave, the grunts were setting up new energy cages, Doom commenting as he looked them over, "They're almost set." He turned to Sombra, "The modifications you asked for have been put in. The energy drain is now fifty percent more potent."

"Good," Sombra nodded as he moved up to the crystal pyramid. "The cages will drain as much of their energy as possible without doing any permanent damage. And once they're weak enough, I'll capture them in Pokeballs and they'll be mine to do with as I please." A grin began to form on his face, "Nobody will be able to stop me."

Doom did a small gulp at this, "Um...sir?" Sombra slowly turned to him. "I don't mean to be impertinent, but what if this doesn't work?" Sombra raised an eyebrow. "It's just that...the Crystal Heart has been broken in two for over a thousand years. One half was enough to open this place up and slightly power it, but what if they don't have enough power to do what we want?"

Sombra responded by reaching into his cape, then pulled something out a small book, "You know what this is?"

"A book?"

"Yes. It's a book I...acquired from the Bales Town Library. It is one of the few books that have information on the Crystal Heart."

"What does it say?" Doom asked, Sombra opening it up.

"Mostly stuff you've already been informed about. But there is one thing that very few know. That the Crystal Heart kept itself charged by absorbing Infinity Energy."

"Infinity Energy?" Doom replied, "You mean...the stuff that lets Pokémon Mega Evolve?"

"That's the most well known use of it, but Pokémon use this power all the time. In their moves, abilities, and even when they evolve. They simply give off a smaller amount the same way humans give off heat and other mild energies. The Crystal Heart absorbed the Infinity Energy of the Pokémon around it. I wouldn't be surprised if the city had some big battle tournament every now and then to help charge it up."

"So we can recharge the Crystal Heart with battling?" Doom asked, "But won't the energy just leak out of it when it's charged?"

"Not exactly. I'm positive that if we bombard it with enough Infinity Energy, the Crystal Heart will be able to repair itself. A passage in the book did say that it was able to repair small scratches and cracks. I'm betting all it needs is the right amount of energy to recombine."

"But where are we supposed to get that much energy?" Doom asked, only to hear the sound of wheels on rock before turning to see Chrysalis and some grunts walk in pushing several barrel-sized batteries. "Are those?"

"Energy containers filled with Infinity Energy," Chrysalis nodded, "Mercilessly collected from multiple Pokémon battles our grunts have had between missions. This much energy would be able to power Canterlot City for a week. It must be enough to repair the Crystal Heart."

"We're about to find out," Sombra responded before turning to the pyramid. "Let's get to work."


Meanwhile...

In the snowy wonderland that existed between Mount Tartarus and the Crystal Empire, the three Heralds of Alicormony shot across the land. Horsearth was galloping across the land at incredible speed, the Legendary somehow moving over to snow without leaving any prints. Pegasoar flew several feet above while Mysticorn appeared to be levitating several inches off the snow while still making the galloping motion.

Sitting on the herald's backs were their chosen trainers, and Spike, who were each looking straight ahead. They were each having trouble with their vision, the force of the wind hitting their faces.

"Ri..." Springer blinked to get the tears to fall out of his eyes. "Rio..."

"I know bud," Flash replied, "Just stick with it. I'm sure we're almost there."

"Does anyone even know where the heck we're going?" Spike asked from behind Twilight, the others shrugging back. "Great."

"Mysticorn and the others know where the Alter of Summons is," Twilight told him, "We just have to trust them...and at the speed they're going, it probably won't be to long until we get there."

"Good," Flash nodded, "Let's stop Team Shadow!"

"But I thought we were supposed to be holding them off until Shining and the others get here?" Spike asked, only to go wide-eyed, "Wait, how are they gonna follow us? It took us days to get this far from the empire last time and I don't remember them having a helicopter or anything like that back there!"

"I'm sure they'll find a way," Doc chimed in, "Celestia, Luna and Cadance aren't called professors for nothing. And Shining, Grand and Sunset are there with them. As long as they know where we are, then they'll find a way to get to use quickly." He turned to Flash, "Just make sure you don't loose the tracer Grand gave you."

Flash nodded, putting his hand on the pocket holding the device. "Yeah..." He stared back at the mountain, "Let's do this."


Back at the empire...

Sunset and Cadance were hard at work repairing the damage that had been done to the Guardroid and Androrg during the attack. They had small air wands, using them to blow away the dust that had locked their joints up.

"There," Cadance commented as she shut the section of a Guardroid's arm, "How's that? Feel any better?" The Guardroid began to move its arm, then nodded, "Good. Now you stay out of trouble." The Guardroid nodded again before turning to leave as another Guardroid struggled to step up in front of her.

"Aw..." Sunset sighed as she shoved her arm into a Guardroid's open chest as far as it would go while blowing air into it. "How deep did this Stun Spore get?"

Cadance turned to her and her eyes went wide, "Don't put your arm in there like that!" Sunset pulled her arm out to ask why, only to hear the sound of gears suddenly moving.

"Oh." Sunset replied, Cadance rolling her eyes as they got back to work. And as another Guardroid walked up, she let outa a sigh, "Oh...I hope you're alright Twilight."

Up in the Crystal Castle, Shining was watching a computer that was logged onto the tracer's signal, the dot now moving over a digital map while Grand and Luna were at a video phone. "Thanks Thorax," Grand told the Bug-type trainer. "I know you're busy-"

"I'm never too busy for this," Thorax replied, "If my mother's there, then it's the only thing that's important to me." Grand nodded as Luna finished writing down the instructions Thorax would need to reset his personal transporter so it could get him to the Crystal Empire.

"Alright. We're sending the instructions to you now." Luna hit the button and emailed the file, Grand waiting a few seconds as Thorax pressed something on his computer. "You get it?"

"Yup." Thorax read over the instructions, "Doesn't look too complicated. I'll send them to my brother as well. Pharynx will definitely wanna help."

"He's not with you?"

"He had to travel to Trottingham to pick up some parts we need to fix a broken security system here."

"Well let me know when you're ready to transport yourself," Grand responded before hanging up. "One down. Let's hope the others are just as willing to help."

"They're the Gym Leaders of Equestria," Shining chimed in, "It's their duty to answer the call when summoned to protect the region. They'll help. I just hope they can follow the directions as well as Thorax can."

Grand nodded before turning to the computer. "Any idea where they are yet?" Shining began to zoom out the map, only for them all to see the same thing.

"Mount Tartarus..." Shining whispered. "So either the Altar of Summons is there, or in Dragonia City. Either way, we have a basic idea of where Team Shadow is."

"But not a confirmed one," Luna added, "We'll have to wait until they stop moving to be sure. And even then, we won't be able to do anything until my sister gets back." She turned to Grand, "For now, we need to focus on gathering allies." Grand nodded, setting up another call as Shining turned back to the screen.

"I should have gone with them." He muttered as he stared at the image of the mountain on screen, "Sombra...why are you doing this?"


In the Altar of Summons, Sombra stood atop the pyramid with Doom and Chrysalis. The Team Shadow Commanders were busy attaching cables into ports situated along the arms of his armor. The cables went off his arms and down to the floor below them, then over the edge of the pyramid and down to the cave floor before connecting to the top of the large batteries the team had with them.

"You sure this is safe?" Doom asked as he screwed the last battery into his arm.

"More than safe," Sombra replied, "This suit was specially designed for this very purpose. We have that pirate poser to thank for testing out the original prototype and giving us the data we needed to complete it. Now I'll be able to harness the Infinity Energy and safely direct it into the Heart Fragments without worry of harm."

"We're ready," Chrysalis told him, Sombra nodding as the commanders headed down the steps of the pyramid, focusing back on Sombra as he looked down at the twin cases at his feet.

He kneeled down and opened the cases, the Heart Fragments sitting within them. "Do it." Chrysalis and Doom hesitated for a moment, gulping before nodding, then turning to their grunts. They nodded again and the grunts each pressed a button on the sides of the batteries.

In that moment, they began to glow as the Infinity Energy trapped within began to freely flowing into the cables. It slithered along the metal cables before finally reaching Sombra and flowing into his armor. And no sooner did it do that, Sombra's eyes went wide. "GYAAAAAAAH!" He fell to his knees, causing everyone to gasp.

"Switch it off!" Chrysalis cried.

"NO!" Sombra yelled, "Leave it!" He let out another cry of pain, only to glare at them with angry red eyes, "I...can handle it. The suit protects me from serious harm, but there was bound to be some pain."

With that, he began to slowly move, grabbing a Heart Fragment with a low gasp of pain. As soon as his hands grasped the two pieces, the energy flowed out of his hands and into the broken relic. Both pieces slowly began to glow at this, the energy flowing into every nook and cranny of the two pieces. He then picked himself up, his balance a little off, and held them high. As he did this, the energy reached the other sides of the Heart Fragments, were they had originally broken from, and began to leak out.

Sombra saw this and shined a pain-filled grin, "Now, let the Crystal Heart be REBORN!" With that, he slammed the two pieces together, both perfectly connecting into a full heart-shape. A brilliant burst of light came next, which filled the cave and blinded everyone within it.


As they continued to draw close to their target, the Herald's heads all shot up. "What's up?" Flash asked Pegasoar, only to suddenly find the Pokémon picking up even more speed. "WHOA!" He barely managed to hold on, the others doing the same. "What's wrong?!"

"They must have felt something," Twilight replied, "It must be Team Shadow."

"Are we too late?" Spike asked, "Did Team Shadow summon them?"

"Hard to say," Doc added as he squinted his eyes, "But I think I know where the Altar of Summons is." The others forced their eyes open and followed his gaze, the sight of a familiar mountain coming into view.

"Mount Tartarus," Flash whispered, "Of course that's where the Altar of Summons is."

"And that's were we'll find Team Shadow," Twilight finished, "I just hope we're not too late."


Sombra continued to groan as he directed the Infinity Energy into the Heart, feeling every second like the thing was about blow itself apart. It was like holding two north pole magnets together, the pair appearing to only want to be anywhere except where the other was.

But as he did this, he glanced down and saw the two halves were merging together. The crack slowly began to disappear from the bottom, "It's working!" He laughed as he watched the two halves slowly combine.

His followers all smiled, only for Chrysalis to turn to the batteries. Her eyes went wide as she saw the screens show the amount of Infinity Energy they had left...and each showed below five percent. "Oh no..." she whispered before looking back at Sombra. "Please let it almost be finished."

However, the heart wasn't even half fused. And as the crack microscopically disappeared, more and more Infinity Energy flowed through...till the batteries all hit zero. The light from the cables stopped glowing, the last of it sparking out of Sombra's armor and into the heart.

"What?!" He roared as he felt the flow of the energy cease, "What's happening?!"

"We've run out of energy!" Chrysalis yelled back, "Please tell me the Heart is repaired!"

Sombra turned back to the Heart and growled as the last of the energy flowed into it, the crack stopping its repair process exactly halfway up.

"Damn it!" He exclaimed before letting go of the relic and pulling the cables out of his arms. "I can't believe all that energy wasn't enough to fix it completely!"

His voice made them all tremble, Sombra turning to walk down the stairs as Doom chimed in, "We can get more power. Let's just do some battles to gather more energy."

"It took us months to get that much energy!" Sombra growled before holding up his hand and opening it, the palm of his hand now projecting a hologram. "And from what my suit was able to scan, the Infinity Energy we've been able to gather was very weak."

"Weak?!" Doom asked, "But its months of energy!"

"Infinity Energy isn't like other energies," Sombra replied, "A single volt of it won't always hold the same amount of power. It all depends on the Pokémon generating it. The Pokémon we used produced very weak Infinity Energy. Even my Tyrandark, no matter how powerful it is, can't generate that much energy quickly."

"So what are we supposed to do?" Chrysalis added, "If we don't find a way to generate the Energy we need fast, the champion and his friends will eventually track us down."

"Relax," Doom responded, "There's no way those guys will be able to find us."

"Sir!" A grunt ran into the chamber, "We have a problem!"

"What is it?!" Sombra hissed.

"One of our proximity detectors picked up something approaching from the south. Whatever it is, it's moving fast and heading straight for us."

This made them all go wide-eyed, the group running up to the equipment as Sombra grabbed a grunt at one of the computers, "What's happening?! What is coming for us?!"

"W-w-we d-d-don't know yet, sir." the grunt stuttered out, "W-w-we've sent out a drone to see what it is. It should be arriving at the area-" He stopped when the screen switched on, the drone they had sent having picked up what the sensors had found. Sombra and his commanders stared at the screen, all growling as they saw the Heralds of Alicormony travelling along the snowy land toward the mountain...and also noticing the people on the Pokémon's backs.

"It's those annoying twerps again," Chrysalis hissed.

"What is it with them?" Doom added, "Why have they always gotta show up when we're working?!"

"They were chosen by the Heralds," the pair turned to Sombra as he growled, "Each of them was chosen to stand beside the Legendaries and help them whenever their master is in need. Destiny has made them our mortal enemies."

"Then their destiny ends here," Chrysalis replied, "If they try anything, we'll simply capture them and retake the Heralds for ourselves."

Doom nodded, cracking his knuckles. "Then we'll make sure those fools won't ever get in our way ever again."

Chrysalis turned to the crowd of grunts behind her, "Tell me boys, what will you do if they get in our way?" They all responded by taking out their Pokeballs. "Good."

"Indeed...but its not enough." Sombra commented as he pointed to his army, "In the helicopter, you'll find some items that I want you to put on and bring here. We'll hold them off until then." The grunts nodded and ran off, Sombra turning back to the screen. "My friends, you made a big mistake coming here. But you also made it, so you'll get to be one of the few people to have the honor of seeing me acquire the power needed to conquer all of Equestria."


At the base of the mountain, the three Heralds and their riders glared at the mountain. "So the Altar of Summons is straight up?" Flash asked, Pegasoar nodding in reply. "Then let's not wait around any more." He took out his Pokeballs, Twilight and Doc doing the same thing. "This is it guys. We either stop Team Shadow now, or all of Equestria will be destroyed by them. I'm not about to let that happen. Are you guys?"

"No way!" Twilight yelled.

"Let's take 'em down!" Spike cheered.

"And stop whatever insane plans they have," Doc finished.

"Then let's do this." He enlarged his Pokeballs. "Skyler, Riptide, Prongs, Viper and Astro-"

"Higear, Flitanium-"

"Owlicious-"

"I CHOOSE YOU!" They threw the Pokeballs into the air and unleashed their Pokémon, the group letting out their cries as the flyers grabbed the non-flyers and took to the air. Springer leapt off of Pegasoar and landed on Skyler's back, the Tornavian carrying Riptide in his talons. Flitanium caught Higear while Owlicious grabbed Viper, Astro holding Prongs by the back before they shot straight up into the air with the legendaries, Mysticorn using her psychic powers to lift Horsearth as they aimed for the top.

As they did this, they saw a group of grunts waiting for them on a ledge. With them were a bunch of Skullimor, Scrapow, Geckoxic and Shadusk.

"Aura Sphere, Energy Ball, Flamethrower and Shadow Ball!"

"Gear Grind/Incinerate!" Springer, Prongs, Viper, Astro, Higear and Peewee all fired their attacks, knocking the incoming Pokémon away. The grunts growled at this, about to bring out more Pokémon, but then Pegasoar beat its wings, unleashing a blast of wind that pushed the Team Shadow underlings into the air.

The heroes then shot past them, the grunts falling back after this, some even falling over the edge and rolling down the side of the mountain. A minute later, they saw several more ledges above them that also had grunts and their Pokémon, these being a bunch of Skulerror, Scrapound, Frillace and Shadusk.

"Tidal!" Riptide yelled as Skyler zoomed ahead, shooting past the ledge, Springer leaping from his back while Riptide was released. Both landed and began battling against the Team Shadow Grunts. "Rep!" He made an Aqua Break and slashed it into two Skulerror, instantly taking them down.

"Ri!" Springer used Extreme Speed at this, slamming into the Shadusk before firing several Aura Spheres at the Frillace.

"Tore!" Skyler circled and dive-bombed at the Scrapound, hitting them all with his Aerial Ace attack.

"Get them!" The lead Grunt yelled, the group charging at the team. But before they could even reach them, Springer formed a Bone Rush staff and swung it downward, sweeping their feet and knocking them all down.

"Rep!" Riptide punched the ground with Ice Punch, causing it to freeze over and locking the grunts in place.

And as the others flew up to them, the battle was already over. Springer and Riptide were lifted back into the air by Skyler, all flying straight up as Pegasoar let out a neigh.

"I think we're almost there!" Flash yelled, the others nodding. But as they did this, they glanced up and saw a sudden barrage of Shadow Balls, Sludge Bombs and other long range attacks.

"Incoming!" Doc exclaimed as they group began to start evasive actions, managing to avoid most as they got to another ledge. There they found more Team Shadow grunts staring up at them, their Pokémon ready for battle while also seeing many pieces of machinery scattered along a flat area.

"Look!" Twilight pointed to the entrance of the cave before looking at Mysticorn, "Is that the entrance to the Altar of Summons?" Mysticorn nodded while Flash growled at the sight of a certain someone coming out of the cave.

"Sombra," he hissed before he and Pegasoar shot down with his Pokémon. "This ends here and now!" The others followed after him, the Flying-types dropping the Pokémon they were carrying. "Let's do it guys!"

"RI/TORE/REP/STAG/VI/GAL!" His Pokémon roared as Springer, Riptide, Prongs and Viper landed while Skyler and Astro hovered above them with Pegasoar.

Sombra smirked as he watched them fly down, holding up his arm as the grunts and their Pokémon got into a battle stance. Then, he threw his arm down and pointed at the invaders. "ATTACK!" With that, the grunts and their Pokémon charged while Flash's side did the same, Twilight, Spike and Doc leaping off the Legendaries as they took out their Pokeballs.

"Shine/Tockwork and Aggron...GO!" The Pokeballs flew up and released the last three Pokémon. Aggron let out a mighty roar as Shine stopped her hooves and Tockwork raised his gun. "Aggron!" Doc yelled as the many Skullvoc in the air charged, "Rock Slide!"

"Aggron!" The metal dinosaur roared as the multiple portals appeared around his head, causing rocks to come flying down into the Ghost Flying-types.

At the same time, Horsearth fired a barrage of Smack Downs, coupling it with the Rock Slide, forcing all the Flying-types to fall as Springer charged in, "Use Bone Rush!"

"Rio!" Springer yelled as he formed the energy staff and spun it, slamming it into the multiple Skullvoc that littered the battlefield. The skeletal Pokémon cried out in pain, most being thrown back.

At the same time, several Frillace, Scrapound and Shadusk ran after the Riolu, only for Skyler, Viper and Prongs to jump in front of them. "Now, Tornado Burst, Flamethrower and Bounce!"

"Vi!" Viper unleashed a burst of fire, which struck the Frillace while Skyler began to spin around in the air and form a tornado. Skyler then exploded out of the twister, shooting past the Scrapound so fast that the wind sent them all flying. Prongs then started jumping around, slamming his hooves into the Shadusk one after the other.

Higear and Flitanium were flying over the battlefield, facing off against several more Skullvoc. "Gear Grind and Steel Wing, GO!" Higear fired its gear hands, the pair smashing into the Skullvoc and bouncing off one just to hit another. They did this several times before flying back to Higear.

"FLY!" Flitanium roared as his metal wings began to glow, the bird shooting through the Skullvoc, slicing them before the final Skullvoc dodged the bird.

It prepared to attack back with Shadow Ball, only for something to appear behind it, "Skull?" It turned to see a Shiny Galvern.

"Crunch!" Flash ordered his newly evolved Dragon-type, the Galaxy Pokémon letting out a roar.

"Gal!" Astro bit down on the Ghost Flying-type with a mighty chomp.

"Skull!" It cried, Astro swinging it away next, crashing into the ground beside a bunch of Frillace and Scrapound.

They were staring off against Twilight as she, Owlicious and Shine battled on. "Dazzling Gleam!" She ordered her Galarian Rapidash, whose horn lit up before unleashing a blinding ray of light. It struck the Scrapound, making them all cry out as the fairy light burned their skin. The Frillace were able to withstand the light, only to see Owlicious charging at them. "Use Psychic!"

"Frill!" They all yelped, now feeling themselves get lifted into the air. Owlicious then started throwing them around, making them crash into each others as Shine stopped using Dazzling Gleam.

"SUCKER PUNCH!" The grunts commanding them all screamed as their Pokémon charged, only for Owlicious to throw the Frillace down toward them. Their instincts kicked in and they threw their punches as soon as the Frillace appeared in front of them.

"FRILL!" They all cried as they were punched in the gut, back, head and elsewhere. The Scrapound all flinched at this, pulling back before purple lightning surged around them, all now poisoned by the Frillace's Poison Point Ability.

Twilight laughed at this as she pointed ahead, "We've got you now! Mystical Fire!" The Rapidash neighed as her horn ignited, now firing a barrage of fire blasts that knocked the Scrapound back, "Yes!" She cheered, only to hear the sound of sarcastic clapping.

She looked up and saw Chrysalis slowly walking down, her Queensect behind her. "Not bad. But you'll have to do a lot better if you wanna stop us."

"We'll see," Twilight replied, "You still owe my sister for the damage you did to that window!"

Chrysalis cackled at this, "I'm friends with the future ruler of Equestria! I think I can afford it."

"He won't be ruler if we have anything to do with it!" Twilight barked as Shine galloped straight for Chrysalis. But before she could get close, Queensect got between them and they locked horns, both glaring as they pushed against each other. As this happened, Owlicious focused entirely on the Scrapound and Frillace, leaving Twilight to help Shine. The Rapidash and Queensect leapt back at this, the trainers also glaring at each other as they began to yell their commands.

And in another section of the battlefield, Riptide and Peewee were fighting off several more Skullvoc and a few Shadusk. "Tidal!" He roared as he swung his leg, striking the Shadusk with a Rock Smash, then leapt straight up to avoid a Shadow Claw before whipping an Aqua Tail around to knock them away.

As this happened, Peewee was flying around, firing Incinerates as Spike watched him dodging the Skullvocs. He glanced around, thinking about using Draco Meteor, only to realize if it misfired, it could cause an avalanche. "Darn it...what do I do?"

"X-Scissor!" He heard a grunt yell, a Skullvoc charging while slashing its claws in an X-shape, only for Peewee to duck under the attack.

"Bite!" Peewee bit down on the end of Skullvoc's spine-like tail, the Ghost Flying-type flinching in pain before Peewee used all his strength to spin it around, letting go of the Skullvoc as it began falling down.

"Rep!" Riptide yelled as he leapt up and pulled his fist back. As Skullvoc began to recover, it saw Riptide as he threw an Ice Punch into its face, making it cry out before it was sent flying as its head began to be encased in ice.

Riptide began to land at this, only to see Scrapummel running up as Doom ordered, "Thunder Punch!" The Fighting Dark-type pulled his hand back as it sparked with lightning.

But before it could reach Riptide, "Psywave!" A blast of psychic energy hit the ground in front of Scrapummel, making it hop back as the lightning faded off his fist.

Doc and Tockwork stepped in front of Scrapummel, Doom also moving up to his Fighting-type, "You think you can beat us?!" Doom asked, "I thought you were smart. A Fighting Dark-type against a Steel Psychic-type?! You'll be road kill!"

"We'll see about that!" Doc replied before turning to Spike and the Pokémon with him. "We'll handle this guy." Spike nodded and turning to the grunts as Doc pointed at Doom. "Let's go! Tockwork, Overclock!" Tockwork's gears spun before he charged, managing to close the gap between him and Scrapummel before thrusting a fist into its chest.

Scrapummel flinched at this, only for Doom to order a Close Combat attack, "Scrap!" It charged at this, ready to deal an all-out assault.

"Zap Cannon!" Tockwork pointed his gun at Scrapummel, the energy sphere appearing at the tip. As Scrapummel got closer, Tockwork fired and the street fighter barely managed to jump to the side to avoid it. "Bullet Punch!"

Scrapummel picked itself up, only for Tockwork to close to gap between them, punching its face. The Pokémon staggered back, Tockwork ready to strike again as Doc's Aggron smacked away the Shadusk around them.

Springer was near Aggron, using Extreme Speed to dodge the many Shadow Claws from the Shadusks. "Ri!" He roared as he used Aggron as a spring board, "Rio!" He clenched his fist and threw a Drain Punch as the first Shadusk he reached, "LOO!"

Shadusk fell back as Springer hit the ground, seeing multiple other Shadusk around him along with more Frillace, Scrapound and Skullvoc. But as this happened, Skyler, Prongs and Viper all appeared, firing their long range attacks while Syler shot down and used Giga Impact, knocking out the rest.

Flash grinned at the sight, running through the battlefield until a Skullvoc appeared in front of him. "Skull!" It screamed, raising its claws, only for Pegasoar to swoop in and smash it with a Steel Wing attack. "Voc!" It exclaimed as it was sent crashing into another Skullvoc.

"Nice!" Flash cheered as he saw the legendary knock another away, then spotting Horsearth and Mysticorn racing around the battlefield, using Smack Down and Miracle Eye on the Pokémon that had immunises to their side's attacks.

"Bug Buzz!" Chrysalis yelled as the Bug-type's horn unleashed powerful soundwaves that struck Shine, making her flinch. But as this happened, Mysticorn fired a Luster Purge attack, hitting the bug in the side, cutting the Bug Buzz.

"Quick!" Twilight pointed at Shine, "Mystic Fire!" Shine neighed before shooting the flaming missile, causing a cry of pain from the Queensect when it was struck in the face.

Chrysalis growled at this, Twilight smiling back before glancing to the side, now seeing Flash charge through the battlefield, Pegasoar above him. It used Hurricane and blew a bunch of grunts and their Pokémon away, allowing Flash to get to the cave entrance. He saw Sombra up there, only for two grunts to run up to him. "Out of my way!" Flash barked before ducking under one of the grunt's punches, following this with a kick to the grunt's stomach. The teen then caught the other grunt's fist and used it to swing him over and slam him into the ground. And as he did this, he turned to Sombra and yelled, "Why are you doing this?! Trying to capture the Legendaries, even though you know that'll throw Equestria completely out of whack!"

Sombra laughed at his question, "I am simply doing what all humans have done throughout history. Don't you remember what I said at Jubilee's Ranch?" As he said this, Flash's mind went back to that moment.

"For centuries, humans had to live in fear of Pokémon. They were so powerful and we were just...weak. All we could do was bow to their whims, praying they wouldn't see fit to destroy us. Because of this, we humans invented Pokeballs so mankind would have the power to claim Pokémon as their own. Now, we're able to reshape the world the way we see. And those with the strongest Pokémon have the most say about how that world is shaped."

Sombra then raised his hand, "The strong dictate how the world spins. Those without power are left forgotten and forced to suffer at the whim of those with it." He clenched his hand into a fist, "And I refuse to be the one without power."

"So you're willing to let others suffer just so you don't have to feel scared?!"

"No one has to suffer," Sombra replied while shaking his head, "As long as they stay out of my way, they can live happy lives with no fear of being hurt. Sure, they'll have to follow the occasional demand every now and then, but other than that, Equestria will come out of this situation better off."

"How'd you come to that conclusion?" Doc asked as Tockwork used Zap Cannon to make Scrapummel leap back.

"Simple. Unlike the current heads of this region, I won't be weak. I'll do what needs to be done to keep this place safe. I'll make sure all crime is abolished and punish those that try to break my laws in a way that'll make it impossible for them to repeat their offense." Sombra raised both of his hands at this, opened palms as he shined a huge grin, "Equestria will be a land without crime, without pain, without turmoil."

"Without free will," Twilight countered, "Making it so people are so scared to make a mistake and anger you, you'll only harm Equestria! Nobody will ever try and break the mold, meaning the region won't be able to innovate or try something new. You're happy to let that happen?!"

"If it keeps the region safe, I don't see what the problem is. Besides, nobody says people can't try and innovate. They'd just need to run everything they do by me first."

"Sound boring," Spike replied as Peewee used Wing Attack on a Scrapound that tried to charge at him. "What makes you think you deserve to run Equestria?! What, will people have to ask what color shirt they're allowed to wear while you're at it?!"

"Maybe," Sombra chuckled, "Absolute security requires absolute control from a single person."

"But why should you be that person?" Flash asked as Pegasoar blew away the grunts around him, "Just because you were rich enough to fund a crime gang, you think you can be ruler of Equestria?!"

"Of course," Sombra responded, "I would have been king of Equestria anyways had my ancestors not been cheated out of the position."

"Your ancestors were only the branch of the royal family," Twilight chimed in, "And you were banished for being cruel! I'd hardly say that's a legitimate qualification to be ruler."

"Whatever," Sombra growled, "The simple fact is that the nothing is going to stop me from taking what is rightfully mine."

"Wrong!" Flash yelled as Springer launched an Aura Sphere that knocked down several Shadusk. "We're gonna stop you, right here, right now!" The others nodded, but Sombra just smirked as some of his grunts ran up to him.

"Oh, I don't think so." He snapped his fingers, the members of Team Shadow then returning their Pokémon.

"Huh? What are you doing?!" Flash asked.

"Giving up?" Spike added.

"Hardly," Chrysalis replied while returning Queensect. "We just don't want our Pokémon to get hurt."

And before they could ask what that meant, a scream rang out, "RIOLU!" Springer cried, covering his ears and falling to the ground in pain. This was followed by the rest of the Pokémon, all crying out as they fell over. Even the legendaries fell, thrashing around as their heads felt like they were going to explode.

Flash was about to ask what was wrong, only to turn and see several grunts wearing metal backpacks. "Oh no." Each one had a long metal arm coming out the top that pointed up before pointing forward, a satellite dish on the end of them. "Don't tell me..."

"I see you're familiar with my little device," Sombra chuckled, "I guess you were in the Grand Desert when the prototypes were being used. I've perfected the design since then, making them portable and able to cause just as much pain as the full sized ones." The grunts turned the dial on their arms, which made their Pokémon cry out even more. "You have two choices. Surrender and return your Pokémon, or see how long it takes before they have an aneurysm."

Flash and his friends growled at them, Twilight being the one to state what they were all thinking. "You're a monster."

"Hardly," Sombra replied, "I just don't wish to waste my time fighting a pointless battle. Now, what will you choose?"

Flash glared back at the man, only to let out a long sigh, "Do it guys." He took out his Pokeballs and returned his team, Astro and Skyler, Viper and Prongs. Riptide and Springer turned to him, trying to tell him not to, only for another wave of pain to hit them, making Flash return them as well. "I'm sorry." Doc and Twilight returned their Pokémon, Spike hugging Peewee until he was sucked back into the ball.

And once they were all returned, the grunts walked over with cases that they placed the Pokeballs in. At the same time, other grunts ran over to the legendaries with some energy traps and activated them. Once again, the three equines were struck by energy blasts that wrapped around their bodies and lifted them up as it began to drain away their power.

"Don't hurt them!" Flash yelled, only for Doom to walk over punch him in the gut. "AUGH!"

"FLASH!" His friends gasped as Flash fell over, only to see Doom hit him again. "Stop that!" Twilight screamed, only for Doom to hit him one more time.

"That's for trying to ruin our plans brat." He yanked Flash back up, more grunts coming up and tying Flash's hands behind his back. As this happened, the others' hands were tied behind their back. And once they were all bound and the Legendaries were dealt with, the grunts wearing the backpacks switched them off.

The Legendaries squirmed as this happened, Sombra smirking at the sight as he gestured to a few more grunts, "Bring them inside and keep them under full watch." He spun around and began to walk inside, "It is time for me to take my rightful place in Equestria."


"They haven't moved from that spot in a while," Shining commented as he pointed at the spot on the screen. "That's gotta be where Team Shadow are."

"I hope you're right," Luna replied, "But we're not gonna be able to get to them unless we find a quick way there. What's taking my sister so long?" As she asked that, the dot on the screen suddenly disappeared.

"What just happened?! Where'd it go?!" Shining yelled.

Grand grimaced at this, "The tracer's signal is really strong. Only someplace with a lot of interference would be able to block it. If they're at Mount Tartarus, then they must have gone inside the mountain. That's the only way."


They followed Team Shadow through the tunnel, now reaching the doors leading into the altar. Everyone stepped inside and the captives were all wide-eyed as they saw the crystal pyramid, only for Flash to notice something leaning against one side of the pyramid: The Shadow Spear.

But the others spotted something at the very top, the group gasping as they saw the half repaired relic sitting atop the podium.

"The Crystal Heart!" Twilight cried.

"Half repaired thanks to our efforts," Sombra chuckled. "But it's not yet completed. Luckily, we have what we need right here."

He turned to Flash, the teen raising an eyebrow at this, "What the heck do you want from me?" Flash asked, only to notice a grunt walk in with some video equipment.

"Are you sure about this?" Doom asked as Sombra nodded back.

"Yes." The grunt held up the camera and another was holding up a satellite that was connected to the camera and a laptop, the grunt holding it typing away until the screen lit up.

"We're ready." The camera grunt held the camera up and pointed it at Sombra, Chrysalis and Doom standing behind him. "Signal is now being broadcast to all networks around Equestria."

And as he said this, every single TV screen in the region suddenly found itself going static. Confusing those watching, the screen then came back on, showing Sombra with his commanders standing behind him. "Greetings Equestria, many of you probably know me as Sombra, head of Equestria's large business conglomeration. But there's is something you don't know about me. That I...am the founder, and leader of Team Shadow."


At the Crystal Empire, Sunset and Cadance had arrived at the throne room as saw the others working. They were about to ask how everything was going, only for Luna to get a text. "It's from Celestia," she stated before reading it. "Turn on the TV?" The others raised an eyebrow before going to their laptop and switching to a channel.

And when the computer switched onto it, they were met by the sight of Sombra in his armor. "What?!" Shining yelped, "What is that?!"

"From the shadows of Equestria, my team has been hunting for a means of which to gain ultimate power. We've plundered Equestria's ancient past and discovered lost truths that many believed were simply legend. And now we have everything we need." The camera view shifted to show the rest of the Altar of Summons, though their captives remained behind the camera, allowing all of Equestria to see the ancient tomb.

Then it focused on the crystal pyramid, Cadance's eyes going wide. It zoomed in next to the top of the pyramid as Sombra stepped up to it. There she saw the item she always hoped she would get to see. "The Crystal Heart....he fixed it." She whispered till she saw the crack. "Almost."


"This ancient relic was once used by the people of the Crystal Empire to summon the mighty Legendaries whenever the region was in need of them. Through foolishness on its leadership's side, the relic was broken and then hidden away. But now my team and I have recovered the fragments and are ever so close to completing it."

Everyone in the region watching went wide-eyed at this, now hearing what Sombra wished to do. And as he said this, he placed a hand on the relic. "Alas, the power I acquired to repair it wasn't enough. But to my great fortune, someone here has just what I need to do that." In that moment, the camera shifted around and pointed at Flash and the others.


"NO!" Shining and the others yelled, their eyes going wide at seeing their friends and family in mortal danger.

They weren't the only ones sacred. The many friends that Flash and the others had met throughout their journeys became terrified at the sight. Rainbow shook in anger as Fluttershy looked like she was about to cry, Applejack growling as Rarity was about to faint. Both Pinkie and Trixie were horrified as well, but one in particular was shaking his head.

"That idiot." Lightning grumbled as he stared at the screen, "Why is he there?!"


Sombra pointed at Flash, "Release him." Flash suddenly felt his bindings being cut before he was shoved forward.

"Hey!" He yelled, staggering as Sombra took out his Pokeball and it opened up. In a flash of red light, Tyrandark appeared at the bottom of the pyramid and stood tall. It flexed its claws and turned to Flash, its cape flowing with the movement. "What are you planning?" He asked Sombra, the man smiling as before gesturing to the grunt holding one of the Pokeball cases.

He nodded and the grunt ran over to Flash and held the case open, showing the teen all his Pokeballs.

"Here's what's gonna happen." Sombra pointed to Flash, "You and I will battle." Flash went wide-eyed at this, "All of your Pokémon against my Tyrandark."

"Seriously?" Flash gasped, "Why would you..." His words faded out as he remembered just how powerful Tyrandark was, only to see Sombra point at the Crystal Heart.

"You see Mr. Sentry, during your little tussle against my subordinate, I noticed your Pokémon all produced very powerful Infinity Energy. You've obviously trained them all well."

"So?!" Flash barked back, "What does that have to do with you challenging me?!"

"I would have thought it was obvious. You are I will battle, and I'll be collecting all the Infinity Energy you produce. If you're able to defeat my Tyrandark before the Crystal Heart is repaired, then I'll let you and your friends walk out of here without issue. But if you can't defeat Tyrandark before I've collected enough Infinity Energy to fix it, then you lose and I'm free to summon my Legendaries."

Flash raised an eyebrow at this, "What?! Why would I help you?! Heck, why should I?! Shining and my friends all know where we are, and they're probably on their way here! Why should I-"

He didn't get to finish as he suddenly heard Twilight's cry. The teen turned to see a Skullvoc wrapping its skeletal body around her, opening its claws to hold around her neck. Doc and Spike also found themselves in similar situations, the three now all about to have their necks sliced.

"Well..." Sombra chuckled, "If you refuse to help me, then I really have no other reason to keep the four of you around. And if you're right about the champion and others are on their way, then we'll have to pack up in a hurry. Meaning you won't have long to realize your mistake. So then...what will it be?"

Flash glared back at him before glanced at his friends, the group shaking their heads. But as one of the Skullvoc squeezed their necks tight, Flash let out a sigh, "FINE!" He grabbed his Pokeballs from out of the case and threw them, the six opening and revealing his team.

Springer was the first to appear, with Riptide and Skyler behind him. Then, Astro appeared with Prongs and Viper on either side behind Riptide and Skyler. The six Pokémon and their trainer glared at Tyrandark and the maniac behind him. All of Equestria was glued to their TV screens, watching as a trainer that many knew and liked stare down what was probably the most evilest man in the Region. And if he didn't win, all of Equestria may very well be doomed. Could Flash win and save the region? Only time would tell, as the journey continues.

Author's Note:

Whelp, Flash verses Sombra has finally occurred. Will Flash and his team be able to survive, or is this the end.

PreviousChapters Next