• Published 2nd Jan 2021
  • 1,510 Views, 524 Comments

Pokémon: Equestrian Champions - Banshee531



Flash Sentry's journey through the Equestria Region continues as his greatest battles await him. And as his team train to overcome any challenge, can he claim victory, or will the opposition be to much to handle?

  • ...
4
 524
 1,510

PreviousChapters Next
Applejack Blossoms

The battle between Flash and Applejack continued on the rain covered grass battlefield, Viper now unleashing a Flamethrower at Ludicolo. The rain was causing the flames to steam up, weakening the fire stream.

"Hydro Pump!" Applejack ordered. Ludicolo taking a deep breath before firing a powerful spray of water. It struck the Flamethrower head on, fire and water colliding as they created a powerful cloud of steam.

Eventually, the Hydro Pump pushed the Flamethrower back, threatening to hit Viper. "Dodge it!" Flash yelled, Viper cutting his attack and leaping to the side. The water struck the grassy field as Viper slithered away, disappearing into the mist.

Mic: "Vipeacon's fire attack got stopped cold. If Flash doesn't find a way to deal with this rain, he's gonna be in some serious trouble."

"Poison Fang!" Flash commanded as Viper shot out of the mist. Before Ludicolo could react, he tackled the Water Grass-type and wrapped his body around his large circular form.

"VI!" Viper bit down upon Ludicolo's shoulder, making him cry out as the poison was injected. Ludicolo then grabbed the snake, pulling him off and throwing him back. "Con!" Viper hit the wet ground, flinching as he felt the water begin to cover his body. He quickly got up and ignited the flames on him, but the rain made steam hiss off his body.

"Hydro Pump!" Applejack yelled, Ludicolo unleashing the water blast. Viper jumped to the side, dodging the attack.

"Use Crunch!" He leapt at the Ludicolo, thrusting his head into Ludicolo's shoulder, making him cry out.

"Get it off yah!" Applejack yelped, Ludicolo spinning around at this. He then swung Viper's tail around and grabbed it, pulling before throwing Viper away again.

"Vi!" He cried as he hit the ground. "Vipe!"

"You okay?" Flash asked as Viper picked himself up, nodding back at his trainer. "Alright." He pointed at Ludicolo, "Then use Flamethrower!"

"CON!" Viper unleashed the fire stream, but the rain made it almost useless. Ludicolo only had to hold up his hands to block it, the force of the attack barely doing anything.

"No..." Flash whispered as Viper stopped his attack. In that moment, Ludicolo was ordered to use Hydro Pump. "Move!" Flash barked, Viper leaping to the side and avoiding the attack again, but a large splash of water flew onto Viper and he flinched.

"Flash!" Twilight yelled out from the stadium. "You gotta get Viper out of there before it's too late!"

Flash heard this and sighed as he then heard Applejack call for another Hydro Pump. "Viper," he held up his Pokeball, "Return!" The beam shot out and hit Viper, sucking him back inside. "Don't worry, you'll fight again." He put the ball away, "But that rain is to annoying..." He took another Pokeball out, "Skyler!" He threw it, "I choose you!" In a flash, his Tornavian appeared and took to the air.

Mic: "Flash subs out Vipeacon for Tornavian! Will this battle be as lopsided as the other?"

"Ice Beam!" Applejack ordered, Ludicolo opening his bill before bolt of blue lightning shot out of it. Skyler flared its wings and spun, dodging the lightning.

"Aerial Ace!" A slipstream appeared around the bird as it dove down next, V-turning and slamming into the Carefree Pokémon in the chest. Ludicolo cried out as he was knocked back, The Water Grass-type fell over, struggling to get back up and having to roll around like a turtle. "Steel Wing!"

Applejack watched as Skyler dived again, his wings glowing while Ludicolo continued to struggle. "Quick, Hydro Pump straight down!" Ludicolo didn't hesitate and fired the water, the force pushing him off the ground and causing Skyler's attack to miss. And as Ludicolo flew into the air, Applejack called out again, "Ice Beam!"

"Colo!" As Skyler flew under him, Ludicolo launched the blue lightning and struck Skyler's back.

"TORE!" He squawked in pain, but pushed through it as Ludicolo landed on its feet. As it did this, the downpour from the rain began to slow as the dark clouds started to fade.

Mic: "Looks like that's it for the Rain Dance's effects. But will it be sunny skies from here on out?"

As the clouds completely vanished, Skyler flew up again, "Use Tornado Burst!" Applejack watched as Skyler began to spin, morphing into a drill.

"Hydro Pump!" Ludicolo fired the water blast, which struck the tornado, but the wind spiral began to drill into it. Then, the tornado exploded and the water was knocked away.

"TORNAVIAN!" He roared as he dove and slammed into Ludicolo, making the Carefree Pokémon cry out as it was knocked back. But as Skyler flew back up, Ludicolo rolled back onto his feet.

"Seed Bomb!" Ludicolo fired the grassy projectile right up at Skyler, almost instantly hitting the bird.

"Steel Wing!" Skyler swung a glowing wing and slashed the seed in half, barely losing any speed and he dived down. "Again!" Before Ludicolo could stop him, Skyler slashed at him with his wing, knocking Ludicolo back again.

"Seed Bomb! Rapid Fire!" Ludicolo unleashed several bullets from his mouth, Skyler continuing to use his wings to deflect them, only for one to hit his shoulder.

"Tore," he winced.

"Hydro Pump!" Before Skyler could recover, Ludicolo fired the high-pressure water from his mouth. Skyler cried out as the water him him, only to roll out of the stream and spread his wings. "Ice Beam!" The icy lightning exploded out of Ludicolo's mouth again, but Skyler barrel-rolled again, dodging it.

"Aerial Ace!" The Tornavian dived down and slammed into Ludicolo, but this blow wasn't enough to knock it off its feet.

"Use Rain Dance!" Flash's eyes went wide as Ludicolo began dancing again, the rain cloud forming above their heads.

"Can't let that start again," he looked up at Skyler. "Giga Impact!" Skyler quickly dived again, the energy swirling around him as he charged at Ludicolo. The Grass Water-type saw this coming and knew he couldn't finish the Rain Dance in time, stopping the attack as he tried to dodge.

But it was too late. Skyler slammed into him, an explosion coming next. "LUDI!" He screamed as he was knocked flying off his feet, bouncing off the ground several times after this. "Colo..." he moaned as he came to a stop and showed spirals in his eyes.

"Ludicolo!" Applejack cried as the Rotom Drone flew down to scan him.

"Ludicolo is unable to battle. Tornavian is the winner." The crowd cheered as Applejack returned Ludicolo.

"That was a quick battle," Rainbow commented.

"Flash using Giga Impact was a desperate move though," Doc added, "Now Skyler's gonna need to recharge while Applejack's Pokémon can attack freely." As he said that, Applejack took out a Pokeball.

"Winona," she threw it, "Come on out girl!" In a flash, her Redog appeared.

"Red!" She barked as she landed on the wet grass.

Mic: "Applejack chooses a Ground-type to go up against a Flying-type. An odd strategy."

Cadance: "I think she's planning to use Tornavian's weakened state to her advantage."

"Wild Charge!" The Wandering Pokémon charged, her body sparking with electricity. Skyler tried to move, but couldn't as Winona slammed into him, the lightning surging into the bird.

"Skyler!" Flash cried as Skyler was knocked back. Winona let out a howl as her body still sparked, Flash yelling, "You okay?!" Skyler rolled onto his feet and nodded. "Alright!" Flash replied, only to feel a paw hit his foot. He glanced down to see Springer had come around. "Don't worry bud, we're still in this. Skyler, use Steel Wing!"

"Tore!" Skyler took to the air, gliding as he approached Winona.

"Use Quick Attack ta dodge it!" Winona side-stepped at this, Skyler slashing at Winona with his wing. Winona easily dodged it before spinning and slamming her head into Skyler's side.

"Tore!" He cried as he hit back.

"Tornado Burst!" Skyler spun around and morphed into the air drill, shooting straight for Winona.

"Wild Charge!" Applejack countered, Winona now summoning the lightning. The two attacks barreled towards one another, Winona now surrounded by an electric cloak while Skyler exploded out of the tornado.

"TORE/RED!" They roared as they both crashed into one another, the impact knocking both back. Skyler's body was consumed by electricity while Winona slid across the ground.

"Skyler!" Flash gasped as his Tornavian flinched, his body sparking. "You okay?" After a few seconds, Skyler beat his wings and the last of the lightning broke off of him. "Alright," he turned to Winona as she picked herself up. "No choice." He pointed at her, "Use Giga Impact!"

"Tore!" Skyler flew upward at this before diving down as energy spiraled around him. "Tornavian!"

Winona turned to the oncoming attack, only for Applejack to yell, "Use Dig!" Flash's eyes went wide as Winona instantly dove into the dirt, disappearing seconds before Skyler's attack would have hit. Instead, the Giga Impact simply sailed over the hole.

Celestia: "Genius plan. Even though Dig won't effect a Flying-type, using it to dodge a powerful attack is brilliant."

Luna: "And now Tornavian won't be able to move, making him a sitting duck."

Skyler landed at this, unable to move. And as this happened, Winona leapt out of the ground as Applejack ordered, "Wild Charge!" Winona charged as lightning sparked around her, Skyler trying his best to move, but his body refused.

"REDOG!" She roared as she slammed into him, the lightning exploding off the dog.

"TORNAVIAN!" Skyler cried as he was zapped, Flash and Springer both gasping as Winona hopped away, Skyler flopping over at this. "Tore..." he moaned as spirals appeared in his eyes.

"Skyler, no!"

The Rotom Drone flew down and scanned him. "Tornavian is unable to battle, Redog is the winner." Flash sighed and returned Skyler while Winona happily ran over to Applejack.

"Good girl. Ah knew yah could do it."

Mic: "Now Flash has lost half his team. Will Applejack be able to beat his next Pokémon and even the score?"

"Not gonna happen." He took out a Pokeball and tossed it upward, "This battle's far from over." He caught it with a flick of the wrist, "Prongs!" Flash threw the ball, "I choose you!" The ball flew up and opened to reveal the Grass-type stag Pokémon.

"Stagrowth!" He roared as he stomped his hooves onto the ground. He then glared at Winona, both smiling along with their trainers and Twilight, Doc, Spike and Rarity.

"Of course," Rarity giggled, "I should have known this match-up would occur."

"What do you mean?" Pinkie asked.

Twilight turned to them, "The first time these two battled, it was Prongs vs Winona." She glanced back at the field, "That battle ended in a draw...but now I'm curious to see who comes out on top this time."

"Use Energy Ball!" Flash ordered, Prongs quickly forming and firing the sphere of nature power.

"Use Dig!" Winona dove down, the Energy Ball sailing over the hole. "That's it!" Flash frowned at the sight, only to tell Prongs to dash, the Stagrowth running around at this.

A moment later, the ground in front of him exploded and the Redog leapt out of the ground. "Dodge it!" Prongs hopped back, dodging the dog's attack. "Energy Ball!" He fired again, but Applejack ordered another dig, Winona escaping again. "Oh, come on!"

The ground exploded after this, Winona poking her head out. Prongs saw this and charged, but the Redog dived back down. Another hole opened up after this, Winona appearing and diving again a second later. This kept happening again and again until the battle was covered in holes.

"What do you think this is, Whack-a-Diglett?" Flash yelled, his face getting red in anger as Prongs kept running around.

"Do it now!" Applejack suddenly said, "Use Sand Strike!" Prongs had just hopped to another hole, only for the five holes closest to him began to unleash clouds of sand.

"Get out of there!" Flash replied, Prongs running away, only for Winona to shoot out of one of the non-sand spitting holes.

"RED!" She barked, her body surrounded by the sand as she slammed into Prongs. The attack made Prongs cry out, the sand hitting the deer's eyes.

"NO!" Flash cried as Prongs was knocked back. And before they could counter, Winona leapt back into the holes. "Prongs!" The Stagrowth staggered and shook his head, trying to get the dirt out of his eyes, but nothing removed his blinded status.

"Alright!" Applejack smirked, "Use Quick Attack!"

With that, Winona hopped out of a hole and slammed into Prongs. "Stag!" Prongs yelped, stumbling back before swinging his horns around. However, Winona leapt into a nearby hole.

"Again!" Winona came out again, knocking Prongs in the side. The Stagrowth tried to kick the dog back, but Winona dived down again.

"Augh!" Flash growled as he stared at the field, seeing Winona easily hop from hole to hole. He then saw Prongs begin to panic, his lack of sight and inability to locate Winona now making him pounce around randomly. "Prongs!" He called out, "Calm down!" Prongs stopped at this, "I know you can't see. But you've got more than just your eyes to sense things. Don't forget, you're the prince of the forest. And I bet in the forest, you couldn't always see everything around you."

"Stag..." Prongs slowly replied, taking a deep breath. He closed his eyes, his ears twitching as his other senses took over, blocking out the sound of the crowd around him and focusing on the battlefield.

"Do you think Prongs can find Winona?" Spike asked Twilight.

"I...I don't know." She responded as Prong's head twitched and turned. Then, from behind him, Winona leapt out of a hole.

"Wild Charge!" Winona barked as she charged, her body being surrounded by electrical energy. And as she drew closer to Prongs, the stag's ears twitched as he heard the sound of lightning crackling.

"Stag!" He spun around as Flash called out a command.

"Use Bounce!" Prongs leapt upward, Winona flying under him. "Now, Energy Ball!" Prongs quickly fired the orb in the direction of the crackling, the attack slamming into the dog.

She yelped as she sent flying, the attack's nature energy surging through her. The dog barked as she slid across the ground, Prongs landing and hearing Winona hit the dirt, the sound of splashing from the Rain Dance's downpour making him smirk. "Stag!"

"Alright!" Flash cheered, "Go get her! Body Slam!" Prongs charged at this, heading straight for Winona. "Hole!" Prongs leapt up at this, going over one of Winona's Dig holes. "Left, right, left!" Every time Prongs was about to fall into a hole, Flash called out and he jumped to the side. "Do it!"

Winona looked up, just in time to see Prongs jump onto his back hooves before slamming his front hooves into her. "RED!" She howled at the impact, Prongs smacking the dog away, only to hop back and one of his back hooves hit the edge of a Dig hole.

The ground broke away, Prongs yelping as he felt his hoof fall back. "Stag!" He staggered at this, barely managing to use his other legs to leap back, but this made his leg bend at a funny angle. "Stagrowth!"

"Quick attack!" Applejack ordered, Winona pushing herself to her feet and charging at the staggering deer.

"Look out!" Flash exclaimed as Prongs regained his footing as Winona reached him. "Horn Leech!" Prongs heard the paws on the wet grass and swung his horns. But Winona's increased speed let the dog leap over his horns and deer. She then landed behind him and spun around without losing any momentum, slamming the deer's side at this.

"Stag!"

"Wild Charge!" Applejack countered, Winona not losing any speed as her body was surrounded by electricity. Prongs winced as he pushed himself back to his feet, barely seeing Winona charging at him.

"GO PRONGS! Use Horn Leech!" Prongs' horns glowed again as he charged as well. The two Pokémon ran with their heads low, ready to collide. But at the last moment, Winona shot to the side and Prongs missed her completely.

"RED!" She then pivoted and slammed into Prongs' side, the Stagrowth's lack of sight making it impossible for the deer to register her change in direction fast enough.

"Stag!" He skid across the ground, the side of his face grinding against the wet grass of the battlefield. But as this happened, Prongs felt something change. "Growth?"

"That's the way Winona!" Applejack cheered, "Now use Quick Attack!" Winona's electrical energy vanished as the dog charged again. And as the Stagrowth picked himself up, he turned to the dog...and his left eye was open.

"Red?" She yelped as Prongs sprinted at the dog.

"Yes! Use Bounce!" Prongs leapt over Winona, the dog missing its attack while Prongs spotted where he was gonna land and saw a hole, only to spread his legs so they landed around it.

Mic: "It looks like Stagrowth was able to wash to sand from his eye. But how?"

Celestia: "Hmmm...looks like Applejack's own strategy backfired on her. The rain wet the grass, so when Prongs slid along it, his eye was cleaned up."

Luna: "Applejack better think of something fast or they'll be in trouble."

"Energy Ball!" Prongs fired the sphere of energy at Winona, hitting and exploding against the dog, sending the canine flying.

"Jump into a hole!" Applejack cried, Winona rolling along the ground before jumping into the nearest hole. Prongs stared at the field at this, closing his eyes again as he thought back to when he was blind. He picked up vibrations coming from the ground, and heard the sounds of paws on the ground. "Sand Strike!"

"Dodge it using Bounce!" From one of the holes, Winona exploded out and charged at Prongs while being surrounded by sand. But before she could make contact, Prongs leapt to the side and she ended up hitting nothing.

"Stag!" He roared as he spun around and slammed his hooves into Winona. She whined as she was sent flying, but managed to re-position herself midair and land on her paws. But as she skidded to a stop, she let out a howl before charging forward. "GROWTH!" Prongs did the same and the pair began picking up speed as they ran across the battlefield.

"Horn Leech/Wild Charge!" They both ordered as their Pokémon prepared their attacks, Prongs' horns glowing while Winona's body was surrounded by lightning. The two ran at max velocity and crashed into one another, the impact creating and explosion that consumed the two and blasted them back.

"Stag!" Prongs cried as he hit the ground skidding, only for one of his legs to slip into a hole. "Growth!"

"Red!" Winona landed and skidded to a stop, not falling into any hole. She glared at Prongs, who pulled his leg out of the hole, and prepared to charge. But before she could, the recoil from her Wild Charge finally sank it. "Dog!" She yelped before slumping over, eyes turning to spirals.

"Winona!" Applejack screamed as the the Rotom Drone flew down before going back up.

"Redog is unable to battle. Stagrowth is the winner." The crowd cheered at this as Applejack returned Winona.

Mic: "Now Applejack is down to only one Pokémon while Flash still has three. This isn't looking good for the plucky farm girl."

Celestia: "Numbers aren't everything. Don't forget, Flash's three remaining Pokémon have all taken damage. Applejack's final Pokémon will be starting off fresh, and if its the right Pokémon, Flash's exhausted team might not be able to keep up."

"Ya'll did great girl," Applejack said at her starter Pokémon and held it to her chest. "Ah'm so proud of yah." She then put her Pokeball away before turning to Prongs, smiling at the Grass-type. "Ya'll sure have trained that guy well. Yah make us Grass-type lovers proud."

Flash shined a grin, "Thanks. That means a lot coming from you. But don't think giving me a complement will make us go easy on you."

Applejack smirked and took out a Pokeball. "Wouldn't dream of it. And if ah'm gonna win, it's gonna be by beatin' yah at yer best. And that's what's gonna happen. Ah'm gonna win." She held up her Pokeball, "Ah'm puttin' all mah faith in this last Pokémon. Ah believe in him. Bloomberg!" She threw the Pokeball, "Take Root!"

The Pokeball opened up and unleashed a swirl of red energy that took form of a tall tree-like Pokémon. "ORCHARD!" The Orchardacre roared as he stood tall.

"Bloomberg..." Flash smirked as he remembered the Pipple that had once leapt into Applejack's arms. "He sure has grown." He turned to Prongs, "You ready?" Prongs nodded. "Then let's do this!"

"Oh yeah!" Applejack exclaimed before pointing at the battlefield, "Use Leaf Storm!" Bloomberg quickly pulled his arms back as the leaves around his hands began to glow, then swung them. Before Prongs could react, a powerful gust of wind exploded off of Bloomberg and the leaves on his hands were sent flying with it.

Prongs' eyes went wide and he quickly braced himself, the gale slashing into him. "Stag..." he grunted as his skin was given multiple paper-cuts.

Mic: "Ouch. That looks like it hurts."

Cadance: "Though a Grass-type attack, no matter how powerful, shouldn't do much damage against another Grass-type."

Celestia: "I think that attack was more about distracting Prongs than it was causing damage."

"Now use Poison Jab!" Bloomberg charged as Prongs was still a little off balance after the gale. As he approached, his branch-like fingers began to spiral together to form a single barky point that started glowing. "GO!"

"Acre!" He roared as he thrust the attack forward.

"Dodge it!" Prongs leapt back, the Poison Jab hitting the ground instead. He then ran up Bloomberg's arm, leaping off his shoulder. "Energy Ball!" Prongs spun through the air and formed the sphere, firing it at the tree.

Bloomberg spun and blocked the attack with one of his arms, the sphere exploding but doing little damage. "Slam!" Before Prongs could land, Bloomberg's front roots shot down and dug into the ground. And as Prongs' hooves hit the dirt, the roots shot out of one of Winona's holes and wrapped around Prong's back legs.

"Stag!" He cried as he was suddenly pulled upward, only to flung into the ground. "STAGROWTH!"

Bloomberg then retracted his roots before charging as Applejack commanded, "Poison Jab!" Prongs began to pick himself up at this, only for Bloomberg to reach him and quickly thrust his glowing spiked hand into his side.

"STAG!" Prongs cried, feeling the poison being injected into him. He quickly swung his hooves and leapt back as Flash ordered him to use Energy Ball. "Stagrowth!" He fired the attack hitting the tree right in the face, causing him to stagger back until he fell into one of Winona's holes.

"Horn Leech!" Prongs charged at this, his horns glowing as he approached Bloomberg. The tree was trying to pull himself out of the hole, but he seemed to be stuck.

"Slam!" Applejack countered, Bloomberg reacting quickly and sending his vines into the ground. And before Prongs could reach him, the roots exploded out of the ground and struck the deer in the stomach.

"Stag!" He yelped as he was knocked back, his horn's glow fading. And at this moment, Bloomberg managed to pull himself out of the hole and stood back at full height.

"Go! Get him!" Bloomberg charged at this, Prongs still staggering back, "Use Wood Hammer!" As Bloomberg got in close, he raised his arm and his fingers began to stretch and form a hammer shape that began to glow.

"ACRE!" He roared as he swung the attack downward right as Prongs swung his head around.

"Stag!" He roared as the hammer slammed into his antlers, which managed to absorb some of the impact and keep him from being blasted back off his feet.

"Yes!" Flash cheered, "Quick, use Energy Ball!" The Grass-type formed the sphere and fired it into Bloomberg's face, the attack knocking him staggering back. "Again!" Prongs fired another one, but Bloomberg managed to block this one with its arms.

"Use Slam!"

"Orchard!" Bloomberg yelled as his roots shot out again, instantly appearing and wrapping around Prongs. It then yanked him upward, only to slam him back down into the ground.

"Stag!" he screamed as the roots flung the deer around.

Mic: "Ow! That had to hurt!"

"Oh no..." Spike gulped, "Flash and Prongs are in serious trouble."

"How can something that big move so fast?" Rainbow asked as Rarity turned to her.

"Applejack and Bloomberg have worked on his agility and speed since the day he evolved. They knew their opponents would assume their style of fighting relied of strength and minimal movement, so they knew they would be surprised by his quickness."

"Energy Ball!" They heard Flash command, looking back at the battlefield to see Prongs once again on his hooves. "Rapid fire!" Prongs started launching the attacks again and again, but Bloomberg crossed his arms, blocking every blow.

"Leaf Storm!" Bloomberg swung his arms apart and unleashed a wave of leaf-laced wind, which struck Prongs and pushed him into the air.

"Stag!" He cried out as he was lifted upward, the leaves slashing against his body. As this was happened, Bloomberg charged and got under Prongs as the wind died down and he began to fall.

"Poison Jab!" Applejack yelled, Bloomberg's hands forming the poisonous spike.

"Prongs!" Flash yelped before a bulb went off in his head, "Use Bounce!" As Bloomberg thrust his attack, Prongs opened his eyes and managed to spin in midair. This caused him to narrowly dodge the attack before thrusting his hooves into Bloomberg's arm. He safely shot away at this, Bloomberg staggering back as Prongs landed, "Now use Energy Ball!"

"STAG!" Prongs fired the orb at Bloomberg's back, the attack exploding against the tree.

"Slam!" Bloomberg injected his roots into the ground again, steadying himself as they headed for Prongs. The Stagrowth began to run, zigzagging around as the roots exploded out of the ground or holes, only for one to shoot out from his right. That eye was still covered in sand, the attack now surprising him as it wrapped around his neck.

"Stag!" He tried to pull himself free, only for another root to wrap around the barrel of his body and lift him upward.

"Prongs! Use Energy Ball!" Prongs fired at the root, causing Bloomberg to flinch, but he didn't let Prongs go. The root flicked Prongs around several times, building up speed before throwing him downward.

"GROWTH!" He cried as he was smashed into the battlefield, moaning as Bloomberg retracted his roots back. The Stagrowth continued to moan as he pushed himself back to his feet, his legs wobbling at this.

"You can do it Prongs!" Flash cheered, Springer crying out in agreement. "I believe in you!" Hearing this made Prongs stand tall, pushing himself to his hooves.

"STAGROWTH!" He roared, staring Bloomberg down.

"LET'S END THIS!" Flash and Applejack yelled as their Pokémon charged. "Horn Leech!" Prongs' antlers glowed at this, ready to stab Bloomberg and steal his energy. But before he could, Bloomberg leapt straight up.

"Leaf Storm!" Once Prongs was right under him, Bloomberg swung his arms and unleashed a burst of air. The leaves slammed into the deer, pushing him down as Bloomberg began to fall. "Wood Hammer!" His arm formed into a hammer and with the assist of gravity, he came crashing down and slammed Prongs in the head.

"STAG!" He cried, having used his horns to block the attack.

"Acre!" Bloomberg pulled his hammer free, then swung his arm and slammed it into Prongs' chest.

"STAGROWTH!" He cried as he was blown back, Bloomberg charging after him. Prongs slid across the ground, his hooves skidding in the dirt as Flash called out to him. "Energy Ball!"

"Poison Jab!" Applejack countered, Bloomberg spiraling his fingers together as Prongs formed the orb. He fired it, but Bloomberg quickly thrust his arm forward and stabbed into the ball. The sphere exploded, Bloomberg charging right through and stabbing into Prongs before he could escape.

"PRONGS!" Flash screamed as his Stagrowth roared out in pain. Everyone watched as Bloomberg pulled his arm back, their eyes on Prongs as he stood there swaying. And before Flash could give an order, he slumped over to his side.

"Stag..." he moaned as spirals appeared in his eyes. Flash and Springer cried out at this as the Rotom Drone flew down and scanned him.

"Stagrowth is unable to battle. Orchardacre is the winner." Flash let out a sigh while the crowd cheered, then stared at Applejack as she wiped her brow.

Mic: "Now Flash is down to two Pokémon. This battle's getting better and better by the second."

Cadance: "Flash might have one Pokémon more, but one of them is at a severe type disadvantage, and is still tired after its battle again Applejack's Redog and Flapple."

Luna: "So it's clear which Pokémon Flash will have to rely on, which isn't good for Applejack."

"You did great Prongs," Flash said as he returned his Pokémon. "Take a good rest." He turned to Applejack as he replaced his Pokeball, "You're certainly not holding anything back." He let out a laugh, "Man this is fun."

"It sure is," Applejack chuckled back. "Probably way more fun then ah'm gonna have when ah take on Lightnin'."

"Dream on," Flash took out a Pokeball. "I'm gonna be the one to battle that guy. Your Bloomberg might be strong, but I've got my own super strong Pokémon, and this one's the perfect opponent against him. Viper!" He threw the Pokeball, "I CHOOSE YOU!" In a flash of light, the Fire Poison-type appeared from out of the ball.

"Vi!" He hissed as he landed, which was still slightly wet from the rain. He flinched at this, only to ignore it as he turned to focus on Bloomberg. At least the rain was gone.

"This is it," Twilight gulped, "If Flash and Viper can't beat Bloomberg here, Flash is gonna be in trouble."

"You really think Riptide would have trouble against Bloomberg?" Spike asked, Doc turning to him.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. He has his Ice Punch attack, but it's like Cadance said. He took a lot of damage when he battled against both Flapple and Winona. One good Wood Hammer might be all it takes."

"So Flash has to win this with Viper or it could all be over," Rainbow commented.

"Exactly," Cloud nodded. "The outcome of the match may very well be decided during this battle." They all turned back to the battlefield, the two trainers staring one another down before Flash called out the first command.

"Flamethrower!" Viper quickly unleashed a burst of fire.

"Dodge it!" The Orchardacre leapt over the flames. "Now use Leaf Storm!" As Bloomberg fell, he swung his arms to fire the leaf filled wind at the snake.. The leaves began slashing past Viper, the snake wincing at the million little paper cuts he was getting. "That's it!"

"Don't count us out yet!" Flash barked back, "Viper, use Poison Fang!" Viper charged at this, his fangs glowing purple as he leapt at Bloomberg. But before he could bite him, Bloomberg side-stepped the snake.

"Slam!" Bloomberg's sent its root feet into the ground and they exploded out of the grass where Viper had landed. Before he could react, the roots wrapped around his tail and pulled him upward.

"Vi!" He hissed as he was yanked across the field, soon landing with a thud. "CON!"

"Viper!" Flash gasped as Bloomberg recoiled his roots, "Be strong Viper! You can do it!" The Vipeacon hissed as he rolled over and picked himself up, now staring daggers at Bloomberg who gave him a 'come on' gesture. "Oh, it's so on!"

"Bring it!" Applejack replied as Viper charged. "Use Leaf Storm!" Bloomberg swung his arms again, the leaf gale coming next.

"Flamethrower!" Viper unleashed the blazing steam of fire, instantly burning up the leaves but forming a small fire tornado in the center of the field. A fire tornado that Viper leapt into, shooting out the other side right in front of Bloomberg.

"Wood Hammer!" Bloomberg morphed his fingers into a glowing hammer-shape, but his first swing missed the ducking snake, which quickly wrapped itself on Bloomberg's arm.

"Pyro Coil!" Viper wrapped his body around the limb several times before biting onto the end of his tail, causing his body to explode with fire.

"ACRE!" Bloomberg cried as the flames consumed him, the tree swinging his arm around next. But Viper managed to hold on, Bloomberg now screamed as his arm burned.

Mic: "Ouch! That's gotta hurt! If Applejack doesn't do something soon, her Orchardacre will be burnt to a crisp!"

Luna: "Unfortunately, none of its moves would likely help remove Vipeacon without causing more problems for it."

And as they said this, the fire went out and Viper released his tail as Bloomberg swung his arm up. This allowed him to slide off of Bloomberg's arm, the snake flying upward before landing in a curled stance. As this happened, Applejack saw Bloomberg's roots give out, the tree now clutching his burnt arm.

"No..." Applejack whispered, 'This ain't good. It's clear Bloomberg ain't gonna last much longer.' Disappointment washed over her when she thought this, as she now realized she was likely going to lose this battle. 'But it doesn't mean ah gotta give up,' she stood up straight. "Anything can happen, so ah'm sticking in this till the very end! Bloomberg!" Her Orchardacre stood tall, "Let's go!"

"ORCHARD!" Bloomberg charged, Flash grinning at the sight.

"That's it Applejack! This'd be no fun if you just gave up. You give it your all, and I'll give it mine! Viper!"

"VI!" The snake slithered forward, the two now ready to clash as those in the stands watched with bated breath.

"Wow," Doc chuckled, "There's something about this battle. It's like...the air's filled with some kind of strange energy."

Cloud smiled and nodded as Viper unleashed a Flamethrower, only for Bloomberg to leap over it. "This is what happens when two equally powerful trainers fight while also respecting the strength of their opponent." Bloomberg grabbed Viper in his roots and slammed him into the ground, then tossed him into the air. "Just look at their faces." Everyone turned to see both Flash and Applejack grinning like idiots. "They're having fun, and both know that no matter who wins, they'll stay friends." Everyone smiled at this, now feeling the excitement in the air.

"Flamethrower!" Viper unleashed the fire blast.

"Leaf Storm!" Bloomberg swung his arms, the leaves now flying into the Flamethrower. Once again, a fiery vortex was formed and Viper leapt into it, but Applejack was ready. "Fire another Leaf Storm right at it!" Once again, Bloomberg unleashed the leaf-filled wind right at the fire tornado. And as Viper leapt out, he was bombarded with the leaves.

"VI!" He cried out, only to still fall right in front of Bloomberg.

"That's the way!" Flash yelled, "Use Poison Fang!"

"Slam!" Bloomberg's roots shot into the ground, but Viper slithered from side to side, dodging each root. He then jumped at the tree, instantly wrapping his body around Bloomberg.

"VI!" His fangs glowed as he bit down into Bloomberg, making the tree scream as the poison was injected into his bark.

"Wood Hammer!" Bloomberg summoned the hammer at this, grabbing the snake and yanking him off before slamming the hammer down.

"DAY!" The hammer smashed Viper's head, only to smack him away with another swing, "CAR!" He roared as the snake was sent flying back, Bloomberg then panting at the sight.

"Use Leaf Storm!"

"Dodge it and use Flamethrower!" The Grass-type gale was sent flying toward Viper, but he side-slithered before unleashing a fire stream. It struck Bloomberg, pushing him back as his roots dug into the ground and started tearing up the grass. "Again!" Viper fired another Flamethrower, but this time Bloomberg leapt to the side.

"That's it!" Applejack countered, "Keep it up and don't let another one hit yah. Eventually, he'll run out of fire power!" As she said this, Viper kept launching flamethrowers, but Bloomberg side-stepped each one.

Mic: "Wow! It looked like Vipeacon had this match in the bag, but now I can't figure out which one will land the final assault."

Luna: "If Orchardacre can stay untouched until Vipeacon's fire runs out, it's possible Applejack will have this battle nailed. The only question is, can Flash find a way to hit it before Vipeacon goes empty?"

Flash stared at his Pokémon, the snake panting as it fired another stream of flames. He then glared at the tree, seeing it dance as it dodged each flame with ease, only to glance down at the ground...and see one of the holes Winona had made during her battle with Prongs. Blinking at this, his eyes went wide, "That's it!" He pointed at the hole closest to Viper, "Use Flamethrower and launch it into that hole!"

Viper stopped for a second, only to glance over to the hole and take a deep breath, "Vi...PEA-COOOON!" He shot the Flamethrower into the hole, the audience all staring at the sight with raised eyebrows. But before they could question what was going on, the ground beneath the Pokémon's feet began to shake, moments before columns of flames exploded out of every hole in the stadium. They shot up a good twenty feet, burning away almost all of the grass.

Mic: "Sweet mother of Arceus! I never thought I'd see this!"

Celestia: "He's using Applejack's previous strategy against her. Ingenious!"

"YES!" Twilight cheered, "That's the way! Go Flash!" The others cheered on just as loudly, some for Flash and some for Applejack. But no matter who cheered, they had agreed this battle was awesome regardless of who was gonna win.

"Orch!" Bloomberg cried as he dodged a fire column, only for his shoulder to hit another, "Acre!"

"Hold on Bloomberg!" Applejack yelled, only to gasp, "LOOK OUT!" Bloomberg spun around just in time to see Viper leap out of a fire column.

"Do it!" Flash commanded as Viper landed on Bloomberg and wrapped himself around the tree's body. "PYRO COIL!" Viper locked himself by biting the end of his tail, and breathed the last of his fire power inside.

"VIPEACON!" With that, his body exploded into flames, the fire wrapping around Bloomberg.

"ORCHARDACRE!" He screamed as he was burned alive. Everyone in the audience gasped at the sight. And as the flames blazed, they saw the two turn into a column of fire before Viper uncoiled himself and leapt off the tree. As he landed, his tongue stretched out as he panted, the Orchardacre behind him now swaying from side to side.

"Bloomberg!" Applejack cried, only to see began to fall over, "NOOOO!"

"Acre!" Bloomberg moaned as he hit the ground, his eyes replaced by spirals. The crowd gasped again as the Rotom Drone flew down and scanned him.

"Orchardacre is unable to battle. The winner is Vipeacon. All of Applejack's Pokémon are now unable to battle. And so, the winner of the battle is Flash Sentry!" This caused the crowd to explode with applause as Mic spoke up.

"IT'S OVER! Flash Sentry has claimed victory in this battle and will be moving onto the final round."

"YEAH!" Flash exclaimed before running over to Viper, "You did it bud!" Viper smiled back at him, only to go limp before Flash caught and hugged him. "Thank you! You were amazing!" He turned to Springer, then took out his Pokeballs. "You all were." Springer and Viper smiled while his Pokeballs wiggled.

At the same time, Applejack walked over to Bloomberg and patted him on the side of the trunk. "Ah'm proud of yah," she told him before taking out her Pokeballs. "Ya'll did amazin'. Even though we lost, ah've no regrets." She took out her Pokeball and returned Bloomberg while Flash, Viper and Springer all went up to her. "Ah guess in dah end, the better trainer won." She held out a hand and Flash smiled before taking it.

"But you didn't make it easy for me. Thanks. I can feel that me and my Pokémon got stronger because of this battle."

"Good," Applejack chuckled before glaring at the trainer, "Because yer gonna need as much strength as yah can muster to take Lightnin' down." Flash nodded back, the pair then walking back to their platforms as the battlefield descended into the pit. And as it did this, the crowd continued to cheer while Flash and Applejack's friends got out of their seats. At the same time, Granny Smith picked herself up and headed for the doorway. It was time to do something she had been waiting a long time to do, and she couldn't think of a better moment than right now.


Applejack made her way through the tunnel, a smile on her lips despite having lost. As she did this, the girl arrived at the exit of the tunnel, only to hear a voice coming from a nearby TV. "We're here with Equestria League finalist, Flash Sentry." She glanced up and saw Flash along with a reporter, Flash slightly shaking while being interviewed. "So tell us, how did you find today's battle? Did it go as you expected, or were there times you were worried you would lose?"

"I thought I was gonna lose a bunch of times," Flash replied as he scratched his head. "Applejack's super tough, so beating her wasn't easy. But I had faith in my Pokémon, and they didn't let me down."

Applejack smiled at this, only to hear another voice. "Applejack!" She turned to see Applebloom and her friends running over, Applebloom at the head of the pack and quickly leaping over to hug her. "I'm sorry."

"Now don't go sayin' silly things," Applejack chuckled, "Ah lost, and that's not your fault. And it's okay." Applebloom looked up at her at this, "Ah might have lost, but ah gave it mah all and ah've got nothing to be ashamed off. If ah had ta lose, ah'm glad it was ta a worthy trainer like Flash." The rest of her friends gathered around her at this, all telling her how amazing her battle was before looking up at the TV, smiling as Flash stumbled on his words.

And as they laughed at something he said, a new voice spoke up, "Applejack." They turned to see Granny Smith, "Ya'll did well out there." Applejack smiled as she saw her grandmother walk up, "It's clear ya'll trained yer team well, and know how to react when something unexpected happens." She reached into her pocket and took something out, "And that's why ah know ah can trust you with this."

Applejack held out her hand as Granny Smith placed an object into it, the teen holding it up and gasping. It was the Harvest Badge, but something about this badge seemed...different.

"That's the Official Harvest Badge," Doc whispered, the others going wide-eyed.

"Wait..." Rainbow spoke up, "Are you saying that Applejack-"

"That's right," Granny Smith nodded, "As of this moment, Applejack is now the official Leader of the Applewood City Gym." Their jaws all dropped, Applejack just staring at the badge in silence. Tears swelled up in her face, Granny chuckled before pulling her into a hug. The others all smiled at this, loving this tender moment. And once the hug came to an end, they gathered around Applejack and congratulated her on a job well done.

They then headed toward the main hall of the stadium, where Flash and Springer were waiting. "Hey!" He called out, only to see Applejack's teary eyes and the happy looks on everyone's faces. "Did I miss something?"

Before anyone could answer, the nearby TV changed to show Present Mic's face. "Well ladies and gentlemen, it's been a heck of an Equestria League so far. Each battle has been better then the last. But now, we have only two competitors left." The screen changed to show Flash and Lightning's faces, everyone smiling at this whilst Flash looked serious. "Only one of these two trainers will advance and face off against Shining Armor for the chance to win the title of Equestria League Champion. Who will it be?"

"It's finally happening," Spike gulped, "Flash versus Lightning."

"Yeah," Twilight nodded, "And this time, it's winner take all." Everyone turned to Flash, only to see a big smile on his face.

"This is perfect," he told them. "Ever since the start of my journey, Lightning and I have been connected by something. Call it fate or whatever, we've been heading to this moment, even if it's on a different path." He pointed to himself, only to see something in the corner of his eye. It was Lightning, walking out of the stadium's doors. Flash's grin slightly grew at this, "And now it all comes down to this. One final battle, and the winner takes all. I will beat him." The others nodded, the group soon walking away.

And as they did this, they didn't notice Shining Armor watching from another corridor. He stared at Flash before spinning around and seeing Lightning walking away. "So it's Flash versus Lightning," he whispered to himself, "Both are definitely the strongest trainers in this competition, but for very different reasons." He crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. "Now, which of you is going to joining me on the battlefield? With all out ruthless power win the day, or will the power of friendship prove itself superior?" He smirked, "I can't wait to find out."


That night...

Flash and Sunset were walking through Professor Celestia's laboratory, both shining big smiles. "Thanks for looking after him for me," Flash told Sunset.

"Sure," Sunset nodded. "And don't worry, I'll make sure he gets to watch the whole battle."

"Thanks." Flash replied just as Twilight walked into the room.

"Flash," they turned to her, "He's here." Flash nodded back before they ran up to the exit. Outside he found Doc, Spike and Celestia staring at the sky, three objects soon appearing in the light of the moon.

"About time..." Flash chuckled as the trio flew down, the teen staring at the central flyer. "Hopper."

"Sky," the King of Dragons roared as he saw Flash, "Skeidran!"

Author's Note:

Well that was certainly an intense battle, but it was also an awesome one. Applejack may have lost, but she showed why she deserved to be in the league and why she deserves to be a gym leader. But I'm betting the only thing you guys are focusing on right now is Hopper's return.

Now, it's time to move onto the battle everyone's been waiting for. Flash V Lightning.

PreviousChapters Next