• Published 2nd Jan 2021
  • 1,510 Views, 524 Comments

Pokémon: Equestrian Champions - Banshee531



Flash Sentry's journey through the Equestria Region continues as his greatest battles await him. And as his team train to overcome any challenge, can he claim victory, or will the opposition be to much to handle?

  • ...
4
 524
 1,510

PreviousChapters Next
Ice Ice Battle

The battle between Rainbow and Lightning had come to an end, Lightning having come out on top. Now the crowd waited for the second semi-final battle of Flash and Applejack, all excited to see who would win. Inside the stadium, Flash stood at the entrance of tunnel leading out to his battlefield, Twilight, Spike, Doc and Cloud were there with him.

"You ready?" Twilight asked, Flash nodding.

"This is gonna be a hard battle," Doc added, "You sure you're up for it?"

Flash smirked at this, "I've got Springer," he gestured to his Riolu. "And all my other Pokémon. As long as I've got them, I can do anything." The others smiled back, only for Flash to continue, "But you're right about this being a hard battle. Applejack's tough. If I make even one mistake, I'll be out of this match."

"Then don't make a mistake," Spike finished as Peewee let out a roar. Flash turned back and nodded, the group giving him a high-five before Flash and Springer headed down the tunnel.

"Good luck," his grandmother told him. He waved back at them, but kept his eyes focused on what was in front of him.


At the other tunnel, Applejack was standing there, taking several deep breaths.

"Applejack!" She turned to the voice and saw Applebloom, Mac and Granny Smith walking up to her. Applejack smiled at the sight of her family as Applebloom said, "Yer gonna win, ain't ya?" Applebloom let out a chuckle, "Ya'll win and show all of Equestria why the Applewood Gym has the best trainers!"

"Aw," Applejack patted the girl on the head, "Thanks sis. But this match ain't gonna be easy. Flash is one of the toughest trainers around. He didn't make it this far cause of his winnin' personality."

"It doesn't matter," Applebloom replied, "Ya'll still gonna win!"

"Eeyup," Mac added, Applejack laughing at her siblings before turning to Granny Smith.

The elderly Gym Leader smiled at her, stepping up and placing a hand on Applejack's shoulder. "You've grown so much since you and Rarity left home. And no matter what, win or lose, ah'm proud to call yah mah granddaughter."

Applejack felt like crying, "Thanks Granny."

She nodded back. "Now go out there and show the world what the Apple family can do. And if yah win all the way to becomin' champion, don't worry about it. The Applewood Gym will be fine while yah go around savin the world."

Applejack nodded, only to shake her head, "Win or lose, ah'm still gonna take up the gym and protect it. No matter what." Granny Smith chuckled back before Applejack spun around and walked away. "Wish me luck!"

"Good luck!" Applebloom called back before the three headed off to take their seats. And as she made her way down the tunnel, Applejack thought back on her journey so far, of all the battles, her Pokémon and the many rivals that had pushed her to improve herself.

And now she was up against her greatest obstacle to date. "Git ready Flash. If ya'll wanna face Lightnin' in the finals, yah gotta go through me."


The crowd cheered as Present Mic's face appeared on the screen. "WAS-UUUUUP!" He exclaimed, "That last battle sure was one none of us can forget! And now it's time to see who'll be joining Lightning in the final round! Let's give a big round of applause for the two Trainers that'll be battling it out for that final spot. In the blue section, he's the hotshot trainer that can always leave you guessing: Flash...SENTRY!"

The crowd cheered as Flash and Springer appeared, waving to them and spotting his friends as they sat down at their seats. "You ready for this bud?"

"Ri!" Springer replied.

"And in the red corner, she may seem like a simple farm girl, but her fighting skills are far from basic! It the high rolling cowgirl herself: APPLEJACK!" Once again, the crowd cheered as Applejack walked out and waved to the audience.

"Go Applejack!" Applebloom yelled at the top of her voice, "You got this! Go! Go! Go!"

Up in the Gym Leader box, Granny Smith arrived just in time, Tidal turning to her, "You raised a strong trainer senorita Smith. She was certainly a tough opponent when we faced off."

Granny Smith laughed at this, "Ah merely showed her the basics of trainin'. She took what ah taught her and made those lessons her own. All her victories are her's alone along with any and all accomplishments she has." She stared down at Applejack as she reached the end of the platform. "Good luck deary. Yah have my support."

Applejack and Flash stared one another down, both smiling as they knew this would be the end of the journey for one of them. "This is it Flash," Applejack told him. "It's you and me, with dah winner goin' on ta face Lightnin'."

Flash nodded. "And no matter what, I'm gonna be the one to face him." Applejack chuckled at this while Flash rubbed his nose. "You're strong, I know that. I remember when we first battled one another at your cousin's farm. That match was a draw, but it sure was a fun match."

"Well ah ain't settlin' for another draw this time." She pointed at Flash, "Ah'm gonna take yah down. Then ah'm takin' down Lightnin' and Shinin'!"

"Ha! You can try, but its not gonna be that easy. After all, there's only one way to really settle this."

"By battlin'!" Applejack cheered as the Rotom Drone flew down and hovered above the pit.

"The battle between Flash Sentry and Applejack is about to begin," it chimed in, "The battle will be a full six on six battle, and when three of one trainer's Pokémon are unable to battle, there will be a temporary break and the battlefield will change. Only when all of one trainer's Pokémon are unable to battle will the battle be over." As it said that, the sound of gears and mechanisms filled the air, everybody looking down as the battlefield raised up.

"And now we'll see which battlefield our contestants with be facing off on." With that, the battlefield was revealed to be a field covered entirely of ice. It was like a giant skating rink, with ice covered rocks located in certain spots. "The ice field, another oldy but a goody. On this field, the Pokémon will have next to no grip. If they're not careful, they could end up sliding right out of the battlefield."

"Great," Applejack gulped. "That's not good for me."

"So what do you guys think?" Rainbow asked up in the stands. "An ice Field...is that gonna give one of them an advantage or not?"

"Honestly, I don't know." Twilight replied before turning to Rarity, "Has Applejack ever fought on a field like this?"

Rarity shook her head. "Not that I'm aware of. Applejack's usually avoided ice covered fields."

"That could be a problem for her," Doc added, "But Flash hasn't had that much experience on ice fields either. The closest is his battle with Tidal, but that wasn't exactly a full ice field like this one."

"This could go either way," Cloud finished.

"I'm looking forward to seeing how this field forces the two of them to adapt their usual play style," Ember commented, "It's little tests like this that made the Equestria League such a challenge." The other leaders nodded back.

In that moment, the Rotom Drone projected the battle screen and showed the red and blue wheel. Everyone watched as the wheel began to spin, skipping from red to blue until the professors pressed the button. After a few moments, the wheel slowed to a stop on the red section.

Mic: "With that, Applejack will be the first one to select her Pokémon! So who's it gonna be?!"

Applejack took a deep breath as she stared at the field, nodding before taking out a Pokeball. "Alright Flash, time ta show yah how ah got this far. No matter the challenge, mah Pokémon can dig deep and push past their limits! Daisyjo," she threw the ball, "Take root!" In a flash of light, the Cattle Pokémon appeared.

"Grattle!" The cow mooed as she landed on the icy field, but quickly started loosing balance and almost fell on its face.

"Applejack has chosen a Grattle," Mic announced, "An interesting choice for this field, but I'm looking forward to seeing what she's planning."

"What is she planning?" Spike asked while turning to the others.

"I think she's hoping to use Daisyjo's weight," Twilight replied, "The heavier something is, the more it's pushed down onto the ground, meaning the better grip it'll have. Since the field is solid ice, she won't have to worry about breaking through it."

"How do you think Flash is gonna compete against it?" Trixie asked as they turned back to the field.

"Not bad," Flash smirked as he took out a Pokeball. "But let's see how well you do against this: Skyler," he threw the Pokeball, "I choose you!" The ball flew into the air and opened up, soon revealing his Tornavian.

"Tore!" Skyler squawked as he flew above the field before landing on one of the rocks, using his talons to grip into the ice, "Tornavian!"

"It's Grattle verses Tornavian!" Mic exclaimed.

Celestia hummed at this, "Based on typing, we'd have to give Flash the advantage. But there's more to a battle than a Pokémon's type. If Applejack has a plan to deal with Tornavian, this battle could go either way." Luna and Cadance both nodded.

"There's only one way to see which Pokémon will defeat the other in a battle, and that's to actually see them fight. Rotom!" The drone projected the holographic screen, showing the numbers that began to count down. "Let's get this battle started. In three...two...OOOOOOONE! BATTLE BEGIN!"

"Go Skyler!" Flash yelled, his Tornavian leaping off the rock. "Start with Steel Wing!"

"Counter it with Grass Knot!" Applejack ordered, Daisyjo letting out a moo as beams of light exploded out of her horns and struck the icy ground. The next thing everyone knew, several long blades of grass shot out from under the ice and wrapped around Skyler's legs.

"Tore?" He yelped as he was pulled down, slamming into the ice. "Nave!" He quickly turned to the Grass Knots and used his Steel Wing to cut through them, but this allowed Daisyjo to get in close.

"Seed Bomb!" Once she was within a few feet, the Grattle took a deep breath before firing a large seed from her mouth. The projectile hit Skyler's face, making him cry out as he was knocked sliding back into one of the rocks.

"Tore!" He flinched, only to hop back onto his feet and spread his wings before taking off.

"That's the way bud! Now use Tornado Burst!" Skyler spun around and formed a tornado, flying down at Grattle before exploding. Skyler was catapulted forward, the attack increasing his attack state as he slammed into the Grass-type.

"GRATTLE!" Daisyjo mooed as she was blasted back, skidding along the ground until she dug her hooves into the ice.

"Seed Bomb!" Daisyjo fired the seed bullet from her mouth, but Skyler's increased speed allowed him to easily side-step from the attack. "Rapid fire!" Now the Grattle started firing Seed Bombs one after another, but Skyler just flew up, dodging each one with ease.

"Aerial Ace!" Skyler dived down and built up speed, continuing to avoid the flying seeds as he got in close.

"TORE!" He roared, V-turning as he reached the ground and slamming into Daisyjo's chin. The blow knocked Daisyjo back, soon crashing into one of the rocks in front of Applejack.

"You okay?" She asked her, Daisyjo flinching as it managed to push herself away from the rock and stand tall. "Don't worry. We can do this."

"Steel Wing!"

"Horn Leech!" Daisyjo charged, her horn glowing as Skyler got close. But as he tried to cut with his wings, she leapt to the side and slid over to a rock before kicking off it.

"GRATTLE!" She roared, ice skating forward and leaping upward before Skyler could escape. The Tornavian cried out as he was stabbed by the horns, his energy now getting drained away.

"Tornado Burst!" Flash ordered, Skyler spinning as he flapped out of Daisyjo's reach while forming the tornado.

"Seed Bomb!" Applejack yelled, Daisyjo firing the projectile at the tornado, but the seed simply bounced off the spiraling form of wind.

"TORNAVIAN!" Skyler exploded out of the tornado and shot down at Grattle, "TORE!" He slammed into the cow, blasting her through one of the rocks.

Mic: "Ouch! That had to hurt!"

Celestia: "Indeed. If it wasn't for Grattle's high defenses and stamina, the battle would likely be over by now."

"Grat..." Daisyjo moaned as she pushed herself back to her feet.

Applejack frowned at the sight, 'If ah don't do somethin, Daisyjo's not gonna last much longer. I gotta find a way to do some big damage.' She glanced around, only for a bulb to go off in her head, "That's it! Daisyjo, dash forward!" The Grattle ran ahead, skating along the icy battlefield.

"Aerial Ace!" Skyler circled around and flew into a dive, shooting towards the ground while picking up as much speed as possible.

"Ah got ya now! Grass Knot!" As Skyler reached the ground, Daisyjo fired the beams of light from her horns and hit the field. And before Skyler could fly away, blades of grass shot out and wrapped around his legs again.

"TORE!" He squawked as he crashed into the ground, Daisyjo now skating up to one of the rocks.

"Now jump!" Applejack yelled, Daisyjo sliding up the rock and leaping off it like a ramp. The people watching gasped, Flash and Springer both wide-eyed as Daisyjo flew above Skyler before gravity took hold and pulled the cow down toward the Tornavian. "Horn Leech!" Daisyjo pointed her horns at Skyler, now glowing and extending.

"Get out of there!" Flash cried, Springer howling at Skyler to get rid of the Grass Knot. "Steel Wing!"

Once again, Skyler's wings glowed as he slashed through the super strong blades of grass. But by the time both his feet were free, Daisyjo had reached him. "Grat/Tore!" They both exclaimed as Daisyjo slammed into him, causing a small explosion.

"Skyler!" Flash screamed.

And as the dust cloud began to clear, it revealed Skyler now stuck between Daisyjo's horns. He cried out as he tried to move, but the cow kept draining his energy. "Tore!"

Luna: "Looks like Tornavian's struck between a cow and a hard place."

Cadance: "Horn Leech won't be draining much away, but if he doesn't get out of there soon, it could be a problem."

"Get out of there, Skyler!" Spike yelled.

"He can't," Twilight added, "He's trapped."

"So what's gonna happen?" Pinkie asked.

"Use Steel Wing and push yourself free!" Skyler grunted at this, but his wings quickly glowed as he pulled them apart. This caused the horns to start to bend, hurting Daisyjo. The Grattle cut the power after a few seconds, unable to take the strain. Her horns reverted back to normal size, allowing Skyler flap back before spreading his still glowing wings.

"TORE!" He roared as he slashed at Daisyjo several times, making her stagger back.

"Seed Bomb!" Daisyjo fired the seeds again, but Skyler flapped back and upward, dodging all but one, the last seed hitting the bird in the chest.

"Tornado Burst!" Quickly recovering, Skyler began to spin and form the wind drill. The tornado curved around and barely missed the ground, flying just above it and heading toward Daisyjo.

"Horn Leech!" The Grattle charged as her horns grew again. But before she could attempt to break through the tornado, it exploded and Skyler accelerated right into Daisyjo.

"GRATTLE!" She fell back, hitting her head on a rock while Skyler flew back up.

"Let's finish this! Use Giga Impact!" Skyler rotated around and dived, the spiraling energy forming around him as he headed for Daisyjo.

"Not so fast!" Applejack barked back, "You use Giga Impact as well!" Daisyjo picked herself up and turned to Skyler, then charging along the ice. As she did this, a spiral of energy formed around her. Daisyjo eventually reached a rock and skated up it, shooting off the end. The two Giga Impacts drew closer at this, their power increasing every second. Everyone braced at the incoming attacks, knowing this was gonna be a big impact. And as the two attacks collided, it unleashed a powerful shockwave that rattled the stadium, the blow probably being enough to shatter the glass had it not been triple reinforced.

Flash, Springer and Applejack were almost knocked back by the shockwave, all three barely holding on. And when the explosion began to die down, they all looked back and saw a smoke cloud filling the area. It slowly faded, only to show Skyler panting heavily on a rock while Daisyjo was doing something different.

"Grattle…" she moaned as she lay on the ground with spirals in her eyes.

"NOOO!" Applejack screamed as the Rotom Drone flew down to scan her.

"Grattle is unable to battle. The winner is Tornavian." The crowd cheered at this as Applejack returned her Grattle, only for Flash to also hold up his Pokeball.

"Return Skyler!" The beam hit the bird and sucked him back into the Pokeball.

Mic: "Flash's Tornavian managed to claim victory over Grattle, but Flash is now switching him out for another Pokémon."

Celestia: "He must want to avoid the danger of Giga Impact's drawbacks. It would have had to recharge after using it, making Tornavian a sitting duck."

"You were awesome bud," Flash told the ball, "Take a break. I'll need you again later." He put the ball away and turned to Springer, "You ready bud?"

"Riolu!" Springer cheered before hopping onto the ice, easily skating along it with ease.

"Springer, huh?" Applejack chuckled as she took out a Pokeball. "Alright then, let's do this girl! Winona!" She threw the Pokeball into the air, the ball opening up and unleashing the Redog.

Winona barked at Springer, the two canines staring each other down. "Nice!" Flash laughed before pointing at the Redog, "Aura Sphere!" Springer leapt up at this, forming the ball in his paws.

"Dodge it!" Winona hopped to the side as the Aura Sphere was thrown, dodging the ball, only for the dog to start slipping along the ground.

"Red!" She cried as her legs flailed around.

"Drain Punch!" Springer skated up at this, his fist now glowing.

"Wild Charge!" As Springer got close, Winona's body exploded with electricity and Springer came to a stop. Winona picked herself up and charged, attempting to body-check the Riolu, but Springer spun like a top, quickly side-stepping the charging dog. And as he did this, Winona began slipping along the ice again.

Mic: "Yow! Redog's not having much luck on this icy surface."

Cadance: "A Ground-type would naturally have a hard time on this kind of battlefield. Applejack needs to make a plan to fix this or she'll be in trouble."

"Bone Rush!" Flash ordered, Springer forming the energy bone as he skated up to the dog.

"Sand Strike!" Applejack countered, Winona picking herself up and quickly shaking her body. Dust flew off her coat and swirled around her, the dog charging next.

"RED!" She roared, Springer quickly raising his staff to block the attack. Winona slammed into him, her paws hitting the Bone Rush, and both began to slide back. But as they did this, the sand around Winona flew up and hit Springer's eyes.

"RI!" He cried out, feeling himself getting blinded as they slammed into one of the rocks. Winona then leapt back, landing on another rock, while Springer tried to rub his eyes.

"You okay?" Flash asked, but Springer didn't reply, "Not good."

"Quick Attack!" Applejack commanded, Winona leaping off the rock and onto another one. The rock's weren't as slippery as the field, allowing her to pick up speed.

"Get out of there!" Flash yelled, Springer using his aura to locate Winona and leap to the side to avoid her. "Aura Sphere!" As Springer slid along the ground, he formed a ball of energy and fired it where he last sensed Winona's aura.

"RED!" She howled as the attack slammed into her, knocking her back before she slid along the ground.

Flash smirked at this, only to see Springer sill rubbing his eyes. "Springer, come on back!" Springer heard this and ran over to him by following his aura, Flash patting his head when he got there. "Sorry bud, but until your eyes clear, we can't risk you out there. On an icy battlefield with rocks you can't sense, you need your sight." Springer nodded back as Flash took out a Pokeball. "Riptide," he threw it, "I choose you!"

The ball flew up and opened, soon revealing his Reptidal. "Rep!" Riptide landed on a rock, his lizard feet allowing him to stick to even the iciest of surfaces. "Tidal!"

Applejack glared at the Pokémon, "Don't think just cause he's a Water-type yer gonna win. Did yah fig-get mah Winona's moves? Wild Charge!"

The Redog charged at this, her body exploding with electricity. "Dodge it!" Riptide ran up and leapt over the charging Redog, doing several flips through the air before landing on the ground. "Now use Aqua Break!" Riptide formed the sword and charged, reaching Winona as she slid to a stop as the Wild Charge's energy dissipated.

"REP!" He swung the blade into Winona, the dog howling in pain before getting knocked flying back.

"Winona!" She gasped, her Redog barely managing to spin around and land on her feet. "Quick, use Sand Strike!" She jumped onto a rock, the sand coming loose and swirling around her before she charged at Riptide.

"Ice Punch!" Riptide pulled his fist back, but Winona was faster. She slammed into Riptide's chest, the sand around her flying into his face. But Riptide's eyes were protected by his goggle-like visor, the sand just sliding off it.

"Tidal!" He swung his knee up and struck Winona in the stomach, knocking her back before he threw his icy fist into the chest. Winona cried out as she was knocked back, the cold doing serious damage to her.

"Red!" She crashed into the ground and slid along it, Riptide landing with ease.

"Aqua Tail!" Riptide leapt up as his tail was surrounded by water, ready to slam it into Winona. But before he could, Applejack held up her Pokeball.

"Return!" The beam struck Winona and sucked her back into the ball, causing the Aqua Tail to smash the ice covered ground, cracking it. "Good girl. Take a rest till later."

Mic: "Applejack makes a quick withdraw and saves her Redog from what might have been a fatal blow. But what will she send out instead?"

"Flapple!" Applejack threw her Pokeball, "Take Root!" The ball opened up and in a flash, the apple wearing dragon appeared.

"Flap," he hissed, "Flap Flapple."

"A Flapple?" Flash asked before closing his eyes, "Shoot, what type was it? It was a...Grass and Dragon-type." He glanced back at Riptide, "Sure you can handle it?" Riptide nodded back and gave him a thumbs up, "Alright then." He pointed at Flapple, "Use Aqua Break!"

Riptide charged as he formed the sword in his hands, only for Applejack to call out, "Protect!" Flapple suddenly curled itself up to look like an apple as a sphere of energy formed around it. Riptide slashed at the sphere, but his Aqua Break just bounced off it. "Now, Dragon Pulse!"

"Flap!" Flapple opened up and unleashed a dragon-shaped pulse of energy, blasting Riptide back. He cried out as he flew back, sliding along the ground before using his tail to flip himself back to his feet.

"Rock Smash!" Riptide charged again, and despite Flapple trying to escape into the sky, he leapt up off a nearby rock and reached him in seconds.

"Tidal!" He swung his legs into Flapple, smacking him back down. But before it could hit the ice, it managed to catch itself and stop inches off the ground.

"Air Slash!" Applejack ordered, Flapple beating its wings and unleashing blades of wind up at Riptide.

"Counter with Aqua Break!" Riptide formed two swords and started swinging them, cutting the Air Slashes in half before they could hit him.

"Tidal!" He then swung it at Flapple, hitting it on the head.

"Ice Punch!" Riptide pulled his fist back, cold energy forming around it.

"Protect!" Flapple closed up as the energy shield formed around it, Riptide's attack bouncing off again. "Now, Air Slash!" Flapple quickly unfurled and started beating its wings, unleashing the blades of air that slammed into Riptide.

"Tidal!" He cried, staggering back as Flapple took to the air.

"Use Grav Apple!" Flapple dived down and picked up speed before closing up, the speed turning it into an apple-shaped meteor.

"Look out!" Flash yelled, Riptide quickly crossing his arms and bracing himself as the Apple Wing Pokémon slammed into him.

"TIDAL!" He screamed, getting blasted back while Flapple was thrown back as well. He slid along the ice until he hit a rock, the blow making him moan, "Rep..."

"Not good," Flash gulped as Flapple flew back up.

"Alright!" Applejack pointed to Riptide, "Use Dragon Pulse!" Flapple unleashed the dragon-shaped energy, the attack going straight for the downed Riptide.

"Rep..." Riptide tried to get up, but the ice made him slip. Flash saw this, only for a bulb to go off in his head.

"Use Aqua Break on the ground!" Riptide heard this and did it without hesitation, forming the sword and raising it high before swinging it downward with as much force as he could manage. The sword smashed into the ice, shattering it as large blocks of ice went flying up above the Reptidal. The Dragon Pulse slammed into the ice and caused the blocks to explode, sending shards of ice flying everywhere. Riptide easily swatted the ice away, but the shards hit Flapple like a vicious storm.

"Flap!" It cried as one struck its wings, then another and another. "Flap, Flapple!"

"Ice Punch!" Before Flapple could react, Riptide leapt up slammed a freezing cold fist into Flapple's chest. It cried out as it was knocked back, its left wing freezing over as it smashed into a rock.

"Flapple!" It hissed in pain, falling to the icy ground while Riptide landed.

"Aqua Break!" Riptide formed the sword and slid up to Flapple.

"Protect!" Flapple tried to close itself up, but the ice prevented this from happening. The shield appeared, but it wasn't very strong as Riptide slashed at it, the shield flickering at the blow.

"Keep using Aqua Break!" Riptide slashed at the shield again and again, the Protect getting weaker with every blow. Then, after the fifth attack, the shield completely shattered. "Now do it!" Riptide swung his blade down, but Flapple suddenly shifted and moved its frozen wing so it was struck by the sword.

The ice on it shattered, Applejack then yelling, "Air Slash!" Before Riptide could react, Flapple unleashed the air blades, hitting him in the chest. And as the Reptidal staggered back, Flapple took to the air. "Grav Apple!" It dived down and rolled itself up, building incredible speed as it flew for Riptide.

"Counter it with Ice Punch!" Riptide pulled his fist back before throwing the freezing cold attack straight into the Grav Apple. The two attack collided, an explosion coming next as it knocked both Pokémon flying back.

"Rep!" Riptide yelped as he slid across the ice, but came to a stop as he kept his ground, clutching the hand he had punched with. Meanwhile, Flapple hit the ice and rolled several time before coming to a stop. It then unfolded itself, spirals in its eyes as the Rotom Drone flew down.

"Flapple is unable to battle. The winner is Reptidal." The crowd cheered at this, Flash and Applejack's friends cheering even louder. The only one not cheering was Applebloom, the girl slumping in her seat.

"That's two Pokémon she's lost," she turned to Big Mac. "What if she loses?"

Big Mac patted her on the shoulder, "Don't worry. Applejack might be down, but she's far from out." They looked back at the battlefield, "Just look at her." Applebloom now saw both Flash and Applejack return their Pokémon, Applebloom seeing the grin on Applejack's lips.

"Great work Flapple," she told it as Flash replaced Riptide's Pokeball. "Ah'm not out yet."

"I know. Astro," Flash threw the ball upward, "I choose you!" A brilliant flash of light came next as his Galvern appeared.

"Gal!" He roared, though the chill of the ground made him gasp, jumping foot to foot until he took off. "Galvern..."

Applejack smirked at this and took out one of her Pokeballs. "I got this," she chuckled before throwing it. "Clobberoo, take root!" The ball flew up and revealed her Clobberoo.

"Clob!" The kangaroo threw several punches and a kick, "Clobberoo!" Flash and Astro grimaced at the sight of the Pokémon.

Mic: "Galvern against Clobberoo. What are your thoughts professors?"

Celestia: "Clobberoo has the advantage, but this battle could still go either way."

Luna: "I'm just impressed Clobberoo is able to stand on the ground without slipping. They're not known for their strong footwork."

"Dragon Pulse!" Flash commanded, Astro quickly unleashing the dragon-shaped blast of energy.

"Bounce!" Clobberoo leapt straight up, dodging the dragon-laser and flying him right up to Astro. "Now, Rolling Kick!" Before Astro could react, Clobberoo swung its leg into Astro's face.

"Gal!" Astro cried as he was knocked down, only to flare his wings, stopping himself as Clobberoo landed.

"Dragon Claw!" Astro zoomed ahead, claws glowing as Clobberoo got into a defensive boxing stance. Astro began to slash at him at this, only for Clobberoo to duck, dive, weave and even lean backwards at ninety degrees.

"Blaze Kick!" Clobberoo thrusted a foot next, which burst into flames as it hit Astro's shoulder. The Galvern flinched, only to slash his claw right at Clobberoo, pushing the Fighting-type back, but Clobberoo quickly tried to stay on its feet. But as it did this, its feet began to slip and slide.

"Shadow Ball!" Astro took flight again as he fired the sphere from his mouth, straight for the slipping Clobberoo.

"Dodge it!" Applejack ordered, Clobberoo trying to move, only for the Shadow Ball to hit square in the chest. "Clobberoo!" Applejack gasped as her Pokémon was knocked back again, only to see Clobberoo was staggering toward a rock, "Use Bounce on the rock!"

"Clob!" Clobberoo glanced back before spinning around midair and planting its feet into the rock. "Clobberoo!" It shot off and flew into the air, soaring toward Astro.

"Hi-Jump Kick!" As Clobberoo got in close, it swung its leg around as its knee began to glow. Before Astro could react, it slammed the knee into the dragon's chest.

"GALVERN!" He cried as the blow knocked him down, the dragon crashing into the ice as Clobberoo landed in front of him.

Astro then pushed himself up onto one knee as Flash yelled, "Shadow Ball!" Astro began firing a barrage of spheres, Clobberoo trying to skate around the orbs. And as he side-stepped two balls, the third hit his shoulder.

"Clob!" It staggered back, Astro flapping his wings as he got back into the air.

"Now, Dragon Claw!" Astro's claws glowed as Clobberoo regained its balance, only for Astro to swooped down and smack him in the face.

"Rolling Kick!" Clobberoo skidded his feet to a stop from the last blow, turning to see Astro flying down to use Dragon Claw again. But as he did this, Clobberoo leapt up and slammed a foot right into Astro's face. He flinched at the blow, only for Flash to call out his next attack.

"Dragon Pulse!" Before Clobberoo could land, Astro opened his mouth and fired the dragon-shaped energy blast right into the Fighting-type.

"CLOBBER!" It hit the ice with a thud, sliding along it while Astro landed. "Roo!" Clobberoo flicked its tail and spun around, landing on its feet as it slid up to a rock.

"Use Bounce, and aim for Astro's wing!" Clobberoo rushed the rock as a springboard as he bounced off it, but Flash yelled out another command.

"Dragon Claw!" Astro swung his claws at the charging Clobberoo, but the Fighting-type was able to shift position in midair and fly over the attack.

"ROO!" Clobberoo then thrust its foot into Astro's wing, making the Dark Dragon-type wince as he felt the limb controlling the wing take serious damage. He staggered back, only to spin around and smack Clobberoo with his tail. Clobberoo was sent sliding away, allowing Astro to try and move his wing to fly, only to flinch.

"Astro!" Flash cried, Springer howling at him to move.

"Blaze Kick, rapid fire!" Applejack yelled, Clobberoo leaping off another rock. Before Astro could do anything, the Fighting-type got in close and somehow balanced on its tail. As it did, both feet exploded and Clobberoo started slamming them into Astro again and again.

"GAL!" He screamed at the burning sensation he was feeling, only to leap away and force his wings to open so he could fly, managing to get into the air. But as he did this, Clobberoo slid over to one of the rocks.

"DO IT!" Applejack ordered, Clobberoo leaping off the rock. "HI-JUMP KICK!"

"Shadow Ball!" Astro fired the sphere at approaching Clobberoo, but it suddenly spun around used its tail to deflect it. The ball exploded behind Clobberoo and pushed it toward Astro even faster.

"CLOBBER!" It roared before sinking its knee into Astro, making him cry out as both fell to the ground. Astro was smashed into the icy field, the ice around him cracking on impact as Clobberoo landed in front of Applejack.

The Rotom Drone flew down toward Astro, now seeing the spirals in his eyes. "Galvern is unable to battle. The winner is Clobberoo!"

"YEAH! Way to go Applejack!" Applebloom screamed as Flash returned Astro, "Now beat the rest of that guy's Pokémon!"

"You did great Astro. Now take a good rest." He put the ball away and turned to Springer, "How're your eyes bud?" Springer yipped a happy response, his eyes having become sand free since the start of Astro's battle. "Alright then. Springer, I choose you!"

"RIOLU!" Springer leapt onto the battlefield, staring down the fellow Fighting-type.

Mic: "Well, looks like we'll be having a Fighting-type showdown."

Cadance: "This is certainly going to be a fun match to watch. Riolu has shown he can easily navigate the ice, but Clobberoo certainly shown true power despite his limited options on the field."

Luna: "Indeed. Who will win? Riolu's quick and decisive movements, or Clobberoo's full force all-out attacks."

Celestia: "Only time will tell."

"Blaze Kick!" Applejack ordered, Clobberoo charging with heated up feet, melting the ice it stepped on.

"Bone Rush!" Springer formed the energy bone and the two collided, Clobberoo swinging a pair of blazing feet while Springer used the staff to block them.

"Clob!" Clobberoo ducked under Springer's attempt to hit it on the head, then spun around and swept its tail under his feet.

"Ri!" Springer yelped as he fell over, his Bone Rush vanishing. Clobberoo quickly spun around and thrusting its foot into Springer's chest. "LOO!" Springer was knocked back, sliding along the ground before hitting a rock. "Ri..." he grumbled as he picked himself up, only to be engulfed by flames, "RIOLU!"

Mic: "Ouch! Looks like that Blaze Kick left a burn effect."

Celestia: "That could be problematic for Flash."

"Aura Sphere!" Flash yelled as the flames vanished, Springer firing the orb. It shot across the battlefield, too fast for Clobberoo to avoid, and exploded against him. He cried out as he was knocked back, Springer then skating across the ice.

"Drain Punch!" Springer got in close with a glowing fist, slamming it into Clobberoo's chest. The blow knocked it back, draining away its power, only for Springer to burst into flames. "Springer!"

"Bounce!" Applejack called out, Clobberoo sliding over to a rock before springboarding off it. And as the flames vanished from Springer, he suddenly found himself slammed in the chest by Clobberoo's feet.

"Ri!" He yelped, staggering back before planting his feet and a paw on the ground, using his claws to dig into the ice. "Riolu!"

"Nice!" Flash cheered as Clobberoo charged again. "Use the rocks for an Extreme Speed!" Springer quickly leapt up onto one of the rocks, the blue lightning beginning to surge around his body. He then shot off the rock, hopping from one rock to another to pick up speed.

"Rio!" He suddenly appeared in front of Clobberoo and swung a kick into its face, Clobberoo crying out. But as the blow hit, the Burn effect kicked in again. "LOO!"

"Not good," Twilight commented, "If Flash doesn't find a way to end this quickly, Springer's gonna burn out. Literally."

"He needs to keep using Drain Punch," Spike added, "Just keep sapping away Clobberoo's energy and use it to heal himself."

"But Applejack knows using that move would be beneficial," Rarity chimed in, "So she and Clobberoo will be expecting it. The only way a move like that will work is if it takes them by surprise."

Cloud nodded in agreement as they stared at the battle, Clobberoo picking itself up and turning back to Springer, who was now panting. Both were trying to stand strong, their trainers calling out to them next.

"Aura Sphere/Rolling Kick!" Clobberoo charged as Springer formed the orb. But as he fired it, Clobberoo simply leapt over the Aura Sphere, then started spinning around.

"Bone Rush!" Springer formed the staff and spun it around, blocking the Rolling Kick with a quick swipe. "Do it!" Springer pushed Clobberoo back at this, only to try and slam the staff into its head, but Clobberoo leapt back until it hit a rock.

"Hi-Jump Kick!" Clobberoo leapt straight up and spun around, gravity taking hold almost instantly.

"Clob!" It thrust its knees, ready to slam it into Springer.

"Extreme Speed!" Springer disappeared in a burst of blue lightning, jumping back and causing Clobberoo to miss. This caused his Hi-Jump Kick to hit the ground, the Mega Kick Pokémon's eyes going wide.

"Clob!" It cried, pulling back and holding its now injured knee in its hands.

Mic: "Ouch! That had to hurt!"

Luna: "That's the risk you take with Hi-Jump Kick. Miss and your Pokémon gets injured."

"You okay?" Applejack asked, but Clobberoo didn't get the chance to reply.

"Drain Punch!" Springer, still sped up by the momentum of the Extreme Speed, suddenly appeared and slammed a fist into Clobberoo's gut. It cried out as it was thrown back, the energy going right into Springer. "Nice! Now use Aura Sphere!"

"Ri!" Springer began to form the orb, only to be consumed by fire again. "RIOLU!"

Clobberoo took this moment to pick itself up, Applejack calling out to it. "If you can, use Bounce!" Clobberoo ran over to a rock, staggering while its knee hurt as it hopped onto the rock. Springing off it, it spun in the air into a ball, heading for Springer as the flames vanished.

"Clobber...ROO!" Before Springer could react, the foot slammed into his chest, knocking him back.

"LOO!" He cried out, breaking through a rock as he was sent flying, only to slide over to the area of broken ice that Riptide had created, falling into the icy pit. "Riolu?" he asked as he picked himself up, soon trying to climb out, but slipped on the icy edges, "Ri!"

"Not good," Flash gasped as Clobberoo bounced forward.

Mic: "Looks like Riolu is in trouble."

Cadance: "He can't climb out, and the hole's too big to jump out of."

Springer leapt up as high as he could go, but he was just short of the edge of the hole. Meanwhile, Clobberoo was getting closer, Flash staring at the situation, 'Come on...gotta find a way to get him out of there!'

"Hi-Jump Kick!" Applejack called out, Clobberoo leaping upward while pointing its knee. "No escaping this time!"

"Springer!" Flash yelped, now seeing the attack about to come down on his Pokémon. The sight made him go wide-eyed before yelling, "I got it! Make an Aura Sphere and hold it up!"

Springer quickly formed the ball, holding it up as Clobberoo was about to hit him with its knee. The attack flew into the Aura Sphere, causing it to explode. Both Pokémon cried out as they were blasted back, slamming into the walls of the hole.

"Springer/Clobberoo!" The trainers screamed, only for the smoke to clear and show both Pokémon leaning against the wall.

Mic: "Wow. I can't believe they both survived that."

Celestia: "Though I doubt either of them have very much left in the tank after that."

"Springer!" Flash called out, "Get out of the hole! Use Clobberoo!" Springer nodded and pushed himself off the wall, the kangaroo getting up and trying to knock him away with its tail. But Springer leapt over it and then used Clobberoo's back as a springboard.

"RIOLU!" He leapt over the edge, soon touching the icy field, only for the burn to activate again. "Ri!"

"Use Bounce to get out of there!" Clobberoo bounced up once...twice...three times and found itself up above the hole, landing on the edge and then leaping at Springer.

"Bone Rush!" As the flames vanished, Springer formed the staff and held it up to block Clobberoo's attempt to stomp on his face. The Mega Kick Pokémon then leapt back, Springer sliding back as well before the two charged at each other.

"Blaze Kick!" Clobberoo's feet exploded as the two began to swing their attacks at one another, the flaming feet and energy bone now colliding. And as they pushed each other, Springer spun the bone and smacked Clobberoo in the face before the kangaroo slammed its foot into the Riolu's chest.

"Clob/Ri!" They both cried as they were knocked back, both slamming into rocks.

"Aura Sphere/Hi-Jump Kick!" Clobberoo leapt up as Springer formed the ball of energy, then threw it at Clobberoo. However, the kangaroo spun and deflected it with its tail before thrusting its knee forward. "Another Aura Sphere!" Springer formed the ball, but before he could fire it-

Clob!" Clobberoo slammed its knee into Springer, knocking him flying back.

"RIO!" Springer screamed, only to throw the orb right at Clobberoo's face. The attack exploded, knocking Clobberoo straight off his feet. At the same time, Riolu hit the ice, sliding straight into a rock, only to be consumed by flames. "RIOLU!" He cried out at the top of his lungs, his legs giving out as he slumped over. And at the same time, Clobberoo tried to get up from the previous blow, only to fall over.

"SPRINGER/CLOBBEROO!" Their trainers screamed as the Rotom Drone flew down, now seeing they both had swirls in their eyes.

"Both Pokémon are unable to battle. This match is a draw!" The crowd gasped at this, Flash and Applejack both wide-eyed at the sight.

Mic: "Incredible! Both Pokémon are down for the count!"

Luna: "I must admit, they both gave it their all and fought to their heart's content. An admiral display."

Flash ran over to grab Springer and Applejack returned Clobberoo to its Pokeball. "It's okay bud," he stepped off the field. "You were awesome." He placed Springer at a safe distance from the edge of the platform, sitting him against the glass tube, then turned back to the field as the Rotom Drone spoke up.

"Three of Applejack's Pokémon have been eliminated. As such, there shall be a short break while the field is changed." The ice covered field retracted into the pit, the audience now whispering about the battles they had just seen.

"This is getting intense." Rainbow sighed. "Neither of them is giving an inch..." She slumped down at this, "Darn it...I want a battle like that!"

"But Applejack's one Pokémon down," Applebloom added.

"Maybe," Twilight replied, "But Riptide and Skyler have both taken damage, while Applejack's other three Pokémon are relatively unharmed...though Winona did take some damage. This could still go either way."

"This break could change everything," Doc continued, "After seeing how things have gone, the two might have to switch up their strategy. For all we know, Applejack might end up winning the next few battles without losing another Pokémon."

"Eeyup," Mac nodded as the break came to an end.

"Time to see which field our competitors will be ending the battle on now," Present Mic called out as the battlefield was raised up. The field was a flat plane of grass with no rocks, rivers or any other obstacles. It was just a simple field of grass. "It's the grass battlefield. Another old favorite."

"ALRIGHT!" Applejack cheered, "Now that's more like it!"

Flash sighed at this, "Figures. But just because you're on a field you're comfortable with, doesn't mean you have the advantage!" He took out a Pokeball, "Let me show you! Viper!" He threw the Pokeball, "I choose you!" The ball opened up and in a burst of light, Flash's Fire Poison-type appeared.

"Vi!" Viper hissed as he fell to the ground, "Vipeacon!"

Mic: "Flash has chosen his Vipeacon. Probably his best type to use against Applejack given her preference for Grass-types."

Celestia: "Maybe, but Grass-types aren't the only thing Applejack has."

"Ah knew he'd use Viper eventually," Applejack responded, "But that's fine." She took out a Pokeball, "Ah've got just the Pokémon ta take it out." She pulled the ball back, "Ludicolo, Take Root!"

She threw the ball and it opened to reveal a pineapple-shaped Pokémon wearing a sombrero. "Ludi..." it said before it started dancing, "Ludicolo!"

Mic: "Applejack has chosen Ludicolo. An excellent choice against a Fire-type like Vipeacon. This battle's certainly gonna be fun to watch now."

"Ha!" Flash laughed, "Your Ludicolo might be resistant to our fire attacks, but don't forget Viper's part Poison-type. Besides, Fire-type attacks will still do some damage."

"Yah sure about that?" Applejack chuckled, Flash raising an eyebrow as she pointed at the sky. "Ludicolo, use Rain Dance." Flash's eyes went wide as Ludicolo started dancing around, a dark cloud now beginning to form above them.

"Not good," Flash gulped as the cloud covered the entire battlefield, rain soon hitting the ground as Viper hissed, the snake hating being out in the rain.

Luna: "Rain Dance. A move that causes it to rain, making Water attacks more powerful and weakening the power of Fire-type attacks. An excellent plan."

Mic: "How's Flash gonna battle in this weather?"

"Let me show you!" Flash replied, "Viper, Flamethrower!" With that, Viper let out a mighty roar and unleashed a blast of fire.

Flash and Applejack's battle has been an exciting one, and while Flash holds an advantage, the match could go either way. Only one could actually win and earn a place in the finals, but who that would be was anyone's guess. You'll just have to stay tuned to find out. As the journey continues.

Author's Note:

Well, Applejack and Flash's battle is looking good so far. How will the rest of it turn out. Hope you enjoyed and tell me who you think is gonna win against who in this battle.

PreviousChapters Next