• Published 2nd Sep 2012
  • 2,322 Views, 188 Comments

super secret human facility - xXmentracksXx



We all can go to Equestria, yep you can to. Follow my journey to become a citizen of Equestria.

  • ...
20
 188
 2,322

PreviousChapters Next
chapter 8: nice little train ride

Me, Twilight, and Lyra stood outside the train station in Canterlot. We left the hospital about 30 minutes ago and now stood in a long line, waiting to get a ticket and head to Ponyville. Twilight was smart and started reading a book she had in her saddlebag, Lyra looked like she was daydreaming and looking at everytime and nothing, and I.....was BORED!!

My legs hurt from standing so long, my back was killing me, and my head still hurt. I looked to the front of the line: there was an old light pink mare, by my guess adout 60ish. She seemed to be having trouble hearing the pony behind the counter when he told her the destinations. I sighed and looked to the back of the line: I saw that there was a orange stalion and a light brown mare, my guess married since they were talking and giggling like lovers.

Returning my attention to the front of the line, I saw that there was another 4 ponies infront of us. I groaned out loud, Twilight turned her gaze to me, a look of confusion.

" Whats wrong?" she asked.

" Bored and in alittle pain." I said as I placed my butt on the cold cobblestone.

" I'm sorry Alex, but there's nothing I can do to speed up the line." Twilight said as she returned to her book.

I sat there for a minute, looking around the train station. To my left, there was shop of somekind. The contents inside looked to be dresses and such. This city love dressing fancy. I thought to myself while turning my head to the right. The right was nothing but the tracks and a tunnel going into the mountain. Guess the track splits of somewhere down the line.

I sighed to myself, letting the boredom consume my soul and mind. I let my mind wonder about what Ponyville will be like: will it be something like this town? Will I be able to find wor.......

" ALEX!" I shaped out of my little self thought and looked at the source of the voice. It was Twilight, standing infront of the ticket booth with Lyra looking at me with a smile.

" Its time to go, come on and get on the train." Lyra said as she trotted up to me and nugged my shoulder with her head.

" Ok, Ok I'm coming, just stop the cuteness." I said as I stood up on my feet.

" Oh I was being cute hu?" She said as she rubbed up against my right leg as we made our way to the train.

The inside of the train was a nice mixture of white and orange, the "seats" seemed to be more like smaller versions of the couches in therapist offices, the couch-seats where a light pink color. I choose the couch-seat near the middle of the train chart, Twilight choose the couch-seat near the door leading to the train chart ahead of us, and Lyra choose to sit next to me, which I didn't mind.

We waited a few more moments as more ponies come onto the train and moved down the aisle, going to the door to the next cart. As some ponies passed me and Lyra's seat, they would glance at me, make a small, unheard remark and move on. I didn't mind much and didn't pay them anymind, but Lyra had an annoyed look on her face after the third snooty, high class pony passed and made a remark about me being an "unkeep fish" or something else, I didn't hear.

Lyra was about to get onto her hooves to knock the pony into next month, but I put my hand onto her shoulder and stoped her.

" Don't, she's not worth it." I told her as she took a quick glance at the pony as she left and with a sigh, she sat back down.

" You know, I wish I could be as calm as you sometimes." She says with a small smile.

" Why do you say that?" I ask while turning my head to face her.

She sighs and turns her head to face me. " Well....my friends say I have a bad timper. Like my roommate tells me that I need to learn control my timper. Just a week ago she suggested that I see a therapist...." As she finishes, she lays her head on your lap and sighs again. " ...When she said that....I felt that I was lossing my best freind. I remember running back to my room and crying for most of the day....." She was now crying in my lap, her tears soaking into my jeans. I felt sad or Lyra. Having your closest freind suggest that you go to therapy. Wow, thats something I can't even comprehend.

As Lyra continued to cry, I felt a strong need to comfort her. So as she started to chock up on her tears, I placed my rigt hand on her head and started to "pet" her mane. She seemed to slow tense up at the sudden touch, but she eased up as I stroked her mane.

" please don't cry. It's going to be ok." I said as she calmed down and wiped the tears from her eyes.

" You know.....you'r nicer then most stallions. Well you'r not exactly a pony like us, but you know what I mean." Lyra said as she looked up at me with an adorable look of happiness in her eyes. I smiled at her, she smiled back at me and then layed her head back down onto my lap. She sighed. She seemed to enjoy my petting, since I haven't stopped petting her since she started crying.

After ten minutes, the train jerked alittle and started moving. My life in ponyville starts now I believe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The train entered the tunnel almost instantly when we started moving. I expected complete darkness, but the cabin lights provided a good amount of illumination for the cabin. I sat there, wondering how long this tunnel is. But as I started to form a calculation for the amount of time we would be traveling in this tunnel, My thoughts were interrupted by Lyra moving her head. She fell asleep about ten minutes after entering the tunnel. I guess she was tired after crying. Understandable, I would be tired after a cry section.

I looked forward and noticed Twilight getting up from her seat and making her way to the seat infront of Lyra and me. She reached the seat and sat down. She seemed to shift a bit, trying to get comfortable. After a shift or two, she settled in her seat and levitated the book she was reading back to her attention. I leaned forward a bit, making sure not to disturbed Lyra's sleep, and looked to see what Twilight Is reading. The words on the pages didn't seem like words, more like mini pictures that represent words. Damn, can't read pony hieroglyphics.

" Whatcha reading there Twilight?" I asked since I wouldn't be able to figure it out.

Twilight turned her attention from her book to me. " Oh it's a very interesting book that I picked up from the princess yestarday. It's a historical account of the famous unicorn Star Swirl the Bearded...." I listened to Twilight recount the historical importance of Star Swirl's influence into the advancment and further study in magic and it's modern application, for about an hour. Around the thirty minute mark, we exited the tunnel, the light from the sun entering the cabin and rendering the in-cabin lights unnecessary.

After Twilight finished telling me the interesting tell of Star Swirl, I felt the need to get know this lavender pony further.

" So tell me Twilight....what's it like in Ponyville?" I asked over the seat.

" Oh it's a quiet little town, for the most part." She said.

" What do you mean 'for the most part' ?" I ask, alittle curiously.

" Well, every few days, there seems to be some disaster or crazy adventure that me and my friends have to deal with." Twilight said while levitating the Star Swirl book back into her saddle bag.

" Oh yeah, you told me you had friends in Ponyville. I was wondering about them too: what are they like?"

" Well there's Spike, my "number 1# assistant". He's a baby dragon. But don't say he's a baby dragon, he will argue that fact by saying he's "mature for his age". Then there's Rarity, a white unicorn and a really talented dress maker. She's really generous and kind, but can be a bit of a drama queen sometimes. Please don't tell her I said that." She said with a look of concern.

" No worries, that stays between you and me." I said with a smile. She sighed and continued talking.

" Who else?....Oh then there's Rainbow Dash, a cyan colored Pegasus. She's one of the fastest flyers I know, she's loyal and determined. But can be hard-headed and stubborn at times. There is also Fluttershy, another pegasus like Rainbow Dash, but yellow. She's extremely shy and timid, but really sweet and caring." Twilight took a moment after telling me about Fluttershy to shift and get comfertable again.

" Ok then theres Applejack, a orange pony.."

" Let me guess: unicorn?" I said smuggly.

" Nope." Twilight said, giving me a smile.

" Pegasus?" I said with less certainty.

" Wrong again."

" Damn."

" Well as I was saying, before I was interupted. Applejack, she's a orange normal pony. She owns a apple farm near Ponyville, the apple you ate back at the castle might have been from her families farm. Anyway, she's one of the most reliable ponies in Ponyville and the most honest pony too...." I thought by now she has told me the last of her friends in Ponyville.

I looked to Twilight to see a look of uncertainty on her face, like she was considering something. Then she spoke.

"....And finaly...theres Pinkie Pie.." Twilight sighed.

" Whats wrong with this Pinkie Pie? Is she not nice?" I ask.

Twilight went wide eyed and shook her head. " NO NO, she's probably the nicest pony in Equestria. But...."

I waited for the answer, the unknowning was killing me.

" She is a bit.....random. She seems to be able to show up out of no where and...."

" HI TWILIGHT!!!!!."

The sudden and unexpected apperance of a pinke pony seemed to triger a sudden loss for words.

Or as I like to call it: A reason to end a chapter.

PreviousChapters Next