• Published 31st Aug 2012
  • 13,591 Views, 1,318 Comments

M0re Than Gam3rs - P3RROHAMBRE



Gamer Luna and Derpy are best friends, with a love of gaming. Will it turn to something more?

  • ...
51
 1,318
 13,591

Level 15 Part 2

M0re Than Gam3rs

Level 15

Part 2

...And Into The Fire

“The hard part? What hard part?”

Lyra looked over to Luna before opening the door to the kitchen and shook her head with an innocent smile and chuckle, maybe a bit amused by Luna’s question.

“Telling Derpy.”

The regal’s mouth instantly dropped and her eyes shot wide in utter bewilderment.The warm feeling that filled her body and heart from realizing and accepting her love for Derpy was instantly swept away and replaced by a grave, bone-chilling cold.

“T-t-tell Derpy?!” she blurted and stuttered as if this was some type of taboo or what not.

“Well yeah,” Lyra answered nonchalantly, not really seeing what she had done to her ruler, “Now that you know you love her, you got to tell her how you feel and-”

“No!” Luna yelled as she dashed over to Lyra and pressed her muzzle against the unicorns, “I can’t tell Derpy I love her! You didn’t tell me that I had to do that too!”

Lyra stared back into her teal eyes with a nervous smile as she began to back up into the kitchen door, trying to regain her personal space from a nerve-wrecked Luna.

“Well, uh, I kinda just did and assumed that you would already know that,” Lyra answered with innocence.

Luna quickly backed away and began pacing back and forth in the couple’s living room. Her heart and mind was in a frenzy of fear and anxiety. Lyra didn’t understand that her princess was completely new to such feelings and didn’t know that she had to reveal them to the one of interest. Luna was under the impression that she just needed to accept them and admit that she was indeed in love with her friend, not to actually make them know to the mare.

I can’t tell Derpy! What the buck is she thinking?! Derpy will think I’m crazy or something!

“Uh princess, are you okay?” Lyra asked cautiously as Luna paced back and forth with a face of extreme worry.

“No, I’m not okay!” Luna exclaimed, “If I tell Derpy I love her, she will think I’m some type of perv or creep!”

Now Luna didn’t really think that Derpy would go off and say that she was a freak of some type by admitting her love for her, it was simply her frantic mind coming up with reason after reason about why she couldn’t tell Derpy, but there was a hidden fear within her heart that was now slowly being realized by the alicorn.

Derpy and Luna were best friends, nothing more, nothing less, but now her heart ached for more from the mare. She now didn’t want Derpy as just her best friend, but as her friend and lover.

But what about Derpy?

Just because she desired more from the mare didn’t mean Derpy wanted more from Luna. Why would she? Derpy never expressed any type of wanting of a special somepony or a romantic relationship before and Luna always assumed that she had no interest in such things, just as she did.

Derpy wouldn’t want to be with me! Why would she?! Why would anypony want to be with me?!

Doubt after doubt ran through her head. Luna was more than aware of her flaws and knew they were numerous. She wasn’t the most attractive compared to her sister and other mares she had seen, she had a temper that most would consider frightening at times, and the biggest one being that she was once bent on having everlasting night.

“Now I’m sure Derpy wouldn’t think that princess,” Lyra responded, though she was now becoming a bit worried about how extreme Luna’s anxiety and worry was becoming, “She’s your friend and wouldn’t think stuff like that. Who knows, maybe she actually has feelings for you too.”

Immediately the rampant thoughts of self-destructing truths came to a halt. Luna ceased her pacing and and looked at Lyra who was still standing near the kitchen door.

“Feelings for me? But why?”

“Why not?” Lyra quickly responded with a small smile, seemingly pleased that she had calmed the frantic princess for a moment, “You really just can’t assume she doesn't.

“But I can’t assume that she does either,” Luna said, “If she did, she would’ve told me by now.”

She would’ve told me if she did...right?

Luna now questioned if Derpy really would tell her if she had romantic feelings for her. Everypony had their secrets, including Luna, but her and Derpy knew each other from their favorite colors to even how they got their cutie marks. Would Derpy keep such feelings a secret from her though? What was to make her think she wouldn’t? Luna herself had kept many secrets from her in the past week; the pictures, the desires for her, the clopping, and even as far as the deal she made with Celestia if she lost her small gaming match against her and her student, and this was just a few among the plenty she kept.

What would keep Derpy from doing the same?

“Well how about this princess, I’m going to go in the kitchen and see what Bon Bon is doing and while I’m doing that, you just take a seat and try to relax and then all three of us can talk about this, alright?”

That sounded more than a good idea for the regal.

“Okay-yeah-I should do that. Sorry for holding you up Lyra,” Luna apologized, now realizing the scene that she was making over this.

“It’s alright princess. Just take some time to relax and I’ll be right back.”

And with that, the unicorn entered the kitchen and closed the door behind her, leaving Luna by herself once again. She sighed softly and went over to the white couch and did what her friend asked. She sat herself on the soft cushions and stared down at the carpeted floor, trying to think rationally about all this.

I don’t have to tell Derpy. Maybe I could just keep this all to myself...

But her thought quickly trailed off and she now wondered what would happen if she did just keep these feelings to herself. She had came to accept them for her friend and maybe it didn’t require more. Maybe the thoughts and desires would slowly go away if she simply kept her feelings hidden from the mare.

But would doing that make it worse?

And then there was the other side that told her that it would only make things worse. What if there was no way in avoiding telling Derpy that she loved her? What if the daydreams and urges became actually worse than before and she end up doing something that she would regret?

“This is so bucking confusing,” Luna murmered to herself as she held her head in her hooves.

She was beginning to hate being in love. Wasn’t love something to enjoy, something to revel in like in movies and video games? There were too many things at risk and too many outcomes that could play out for her, and many of them seemed to end badly in her mind.

“Hey.”

Luna spun her head around to see Lyra and Bon Bon now out of the kitchen and making their way over to her.

“Oh, hi Bon Bon. Everything well in the kitchen?” Luna asked, trying to keep her mind and the center of attention off her little scene with Lyra from earlier.

“Oh, uh, yeah, just a glass fell out one of the cabinets was all,” Bon Bon laughed nervously.

“The cabinets?” Luna now questioned with a raised brow, “How did the glass fall out of the cabinet if it was in it?”

“Uhhhhh....” Bon Bon uttered, now seemingly at a loss for such a simple question, but her marefriend quickly stepped in.

“We have bad cabinets princess. Not really reliable things you know? Bon Bon and I are going to get new ones here soon,” Lyra said hastily.

What? Bad cabinets? Those exist?

There was an awkward silence for a few moments as the two mares stood across the glass table from Luna and the regal simply stared at them, wondering why they were acting a bit off from her question...again.

“So! How about we get this whole telling Derpy thing out of the way, yeah?” Bon Bon awkwardly blurted with a cheesy smile.

The two mares took their seats and quickly began the conversation, not giving Luna really time to comprehend and analyze what had just happened.

“So have you thought about how’re going to tell Derpy?” Bon Bon asked, still holding a forced smile and probably hoping for the regal to not mention anything further about their confusing moment a few seconds ago.

“No,” Luna began, now letting her mind focus on the situation at hoof(God, I really just typed that), “Because I don’t plan on telling her.”

“Yeah, I heard that from outside the kitchen,” Bon Bon chuckled, making Luna’s cheeks turn slightly red from embarrassment.

“Yeah. Sorry about that, I really didn’t mean to, its just I didn’t think I actually had to tell her,” Luna said meekly.

Her stomach turned and it felt like her insides were tying themselves into knots. In a way, she felt she should’ve known that she would have to tell Derpy but the very concept of telling how she truly felt about the mare was scary, frightening even.

“Yeah, I can understand that princess, but just because you realized you love her, as Lyra had explained to me, doesn't mean that the feelings and thoughts are going to stop.”

Luna hung her head and stared at the carpeted floor once again. She had a good feeling that she was going to hear that and she was now despising past events. The alicorn wished now that she never agreed to sleep with her friend that night and just stuck to her sleeping bag idea. Somehow the regal felt that this could’ve all been prevented if she had simply not given into the idea but something inside her told her otherwise.

Do you think it would’ve changed anything Luna?

Would it? Would these feelings have stayed hidden, never to be realized, or was it bound to happen? She didn’t know the answer and it only left Luna more confused.

“I hate this so much now,” Luna muttered, making both mares raise their brows.

“Hate what princess?” Bon Bon asked.

Luna looked up to her and sighed softly.

“This. All of this. I didn’t ask to be in love and now I have to tell her that I do? I don’t know if I can do that. I don’t even know if she even likes me back like that. We’re only friends...” she trailed off and closed her eyes.

Was her love for the mare something that needed to take precedence over their friendship? A friendship that she had formed with Derpy over time, and not to mention probably one of the strongest bonds she had with any pony before?

“And you can change that,” Lyra encouraged, “That’s how usually couples start anyways and everypony that knows you knows that you and Derpy are the best of friends.”

“Yeah,” Bon Bon chimed in, “You guys practically look like a couple with all the time you two spend together.”

But Luna’s doubt and fear was more than apparent.

“But what happens if we get together and it doesn't work out? We won’t be best friends anymore and then what?”

Bon Bon and Lyra went silent for a moment, a bit taken off guard by Luna’s statement but it wasn’t going to make these two mares give up on her.

“But what if it does? How would you know if you never try?”

“I don’t know Lyra,” Luna said glumly, “But I can’t do it. I can’t tell Derpy.”

Luna said that but it was painful in her heart to say it. It was as if someone was taking a needle and stabbing at her heart for saying such a thing.

“Hey,” Bon Bon said as she made her way to Luna and sat by her, putting her foreleg over the regal’s shoulders, “You don’t have to tell Derpy immediately but don’t just keep it to yourself. You came here so you could stop the thoughts and stuff about Derpy right?”

Luna looked at the cream mare with perplexity.

“Well yes, but Lyra said that there isn’t a way to get rid of them and since I’m in love with her, it’s not something I can simply ‘shut off’.”

“Well not exactly princess.”

“What do you mean Bon Bon?” Luna asked, now more confused than ever. Was she going to tell her that there was a way to be rid of her love for the mailmare?

“I mean that if you tell her, the thoughts and stuff will stop. Lyra and I went through the same thing but we kept it to ourselves and I can’t describe to you how it ate me up personally. You think what you’re going through is bad, try actually getting physically sick for a week because of it.”

“Yeah but when we did tell each other, we ended up bucking every night for three nights straight,” Lyra said with almost a starry gaze as she thought back to such times, “ Gosh, that sex was-”

“Lyra!” Bon Bon interjected with red cheeks with Luna’s face following suit.

Lyra simply shrugged with a shameless smile.

“Hey, can’t help it was good.”

Bon Bon shook her head and continued.

“Look Luna, you don’t have to tell her immediately but as your friend, I’m asking that you will at least think about it. I know it’s scary and you're new to all this but just trust me when I say that you may not regret telling her.”

Luna bit her lower lip and looked at both of her friends.

I guess I could at least think about it. She did say that I didn’t have to tell her right away and they are my friends. They wouldn’t try to steer me wrong.

“I suppose I could think about it,” Luna resolved.

“That’s all we can ask princess,” Lyra said as she grabbed a chip with her magic from the small snack bowl.

And that’s as much as Luna could promise them. She would at least take the time to ponder and analyze all this before coming to an absolute decision concerning Derpy but there was a feeling deep down in her gut that she would have to make a decision soon or her betraying mind would make one for her.

“Oh my gosh,” Bon Bon yawned loudly, “It’s starting to get real late you guys.”

Luna looked over to the clock that hung high on the couple’s wall and looked at the time and by no means was Bon Bon over exaggerating about it.

Wow,four in the morning already? We been at this for three hours?

It certainly didn’t feel like three hours had passed but maybe it was because the princess was too engrossed in her talk with Lyra and Bon Bon to really even notice.

Regardless, Luna was starting to notice that it was taking its toll on the two mares. She had to keep in mind that the night was her domain and it was much more easier for her to stay awake under her moon than most ponies and this couple was no exception.

“Oh wow,” Lyra added as she now took a look at their clock, “It is getting late and we still haven’t tried out Halo 4 yet,” she said with a small laugh.

I better get going. I already took enough of their time.

Luna rose up from the couch and prepared to take her leave, seeing that these two had done more than enough for her and she was beginning to feel a bit bad for making them stay up so late just to help her.

“I’m sorry girls, I didn’t mean for all this to last this long.”

“It’s no problem princess. We’re always willing to help out a friend,” Bon Bon assured the regal.

“Well you guys certainly did,” Luna answered sincerely, “And I appreciate it but I probably should go so you two can get some rest for the night.”

“Are you sure? If you still have questions, we can still talk if you want. Bon Bon and I really don’t have anything planned for tomorrow so, its not like we can’t just sleep in.”

But Luna wouldn’t have it. She could see the fatigue that was setting in the two and she really didn’t want to bother them with anymore of her worries and questions. They helped her realize her love for Derpy and though she didn’t know what she was going to do concerning the part about actually telling the mare, it was still a step forward in her opinion.

The rest she would have to figure out for herself.

“No, you guys done more than enough for me and I really must head back to Canterlot anyways. Besides, I still want to get a chance to play a bit of Halo before my court starts in the morning,” Luna said with a smile, trying to help reassure her friends that she didn’t require anymore of their kindness.

“I hear that,” Lyra laughed as she got up from her chair and munched on one last chip before using her magic to transport the snack bowl to the kitchen.

“Okay but if you have any questions or if you decide to tell Derpy and need a bit of help doing it, we got your back,” Bon Bon said before yawning a bit more.

“I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks Bon Bon.”

Luna couldn’t help but feel a bit lucky to know these two mares and their willingness to help her with something that really had nothing to do with them. They had taken time out of their night, a night that they should’ve been spending together playing their new game, but instead used it for her and her desire to make sense of her own emotions.

The Goddess of the Night was grateful to say the least.

Luna’s horn lit up and levitated her small, dark blue saddlebag that she had brought with her along with the box that contained her Halo 4 edition Xbox 360.

“I really must be going,” Luna began, now ready to leave and not burden her friends any longer with her love problems.

“Let us escort you out princess,” Lyra said and the two mares along with the princess made their way to the small wooden door that led out to a silent Ponyville, as citizens of the small town were deep in slumber and consumed by their dreams.

Bon Bon opened the door and the trio went out into the night. Luna’s stars and beloved moon floated over the small town, lightly illuminating the empty dirt roads that would usually be bustling with ponies.

“So you’re going to at least think about telling Derpy right?”

Luna looked over to Bon Bon and nodded. She did say that she would and she would hold true to that promise. She had much to think about and much to try and understand about this feeling of love she now had. If what her friend said was true, she was going to have to decide to tell Derpy soon before her heart and mind got the better of her.

“Yes but I can’t promise that I will tell her. I mean, I’m not sure what to do concerning that.”

“You’ll be fine princess,” Lyra encouraged with a small smile, “You’ll know what to do when the time comes.”

Luna wasn’t sure what the unicorn meant by that but her mind was now too tired from tonights conversation to really try and decipher it.

The alicorn went over to the two and gave them a small hug.

“Again, thank you both for tonight. I can’t express how much it helped me.”

The two mares smiled sheepishly but returned the friendly hug, happy that they had at least now made the princess see how much she really cared for Derpy.

“Your welcome anytime princess,” Lyra said, “Just drop by if you want to talk again or something. Our door is always open.”

Luna smiled and acknowledged the mare’s offer.

“If I do, I will be sure to take you up on that. Now you two have a good night and I will see you again sometime, alright?”

Both mares nodded and said in unison, “Good night Princess Luna.”

With that, the alicorn unfurled her wings and took off into her night sky, letting the cool breeze hit her face. Tonight was an emotional roller coaster for the princess and she was a mix of many emotions inside. There was worry, joy, fear, and even happiness all mixed within her.

But one question was now answered.

Princess Luna loved Derpy Hooves and though there was still much to be done before this love could be proclaimed, the regal took comfort in the fact that she accepted her love for the grey mare.

But for now, she let the sensation of flight take her and let the name ‘Derpy’ echo in her head, bringing a small smile to her face.

She couldn’t wait to see her best friend again.

She couldn’t wait to see her love.

***

After Luna’s departure...


Lyra and Bon Bon entered the home after watching their princess fly off into the night. Both were tired but happy that they were able to help their fellow friend out and even a bit excited that they may have just paved the way for a glorious couple in the near future.

It warmed both their hearts to know that Luna loved Derpy, as they both knew that Derpy was a beautiful and kind mare but most didn’t see her for that. It was good to know that there was one, one of the rulers of Equestria no less, that saw her for what she truly was and loved her for it.

Lyra closed the door behind them and looked around the living room for a few seconds. With a smile, she called out.

“Okay, the coast is clear! You can come out now!”

Within seconds, there was a bright yellow flash that appeared that blinded the couple for a second but when they opened their eyes, the one and only Princess Celestia stood before them.

“So she’s heading back to Canterlot? How did the talk go?” the Sun Goddess asked coolly.

“It went well,” Lyra answered, “There were a few slip-ups from Bon Bon over here but I don’t think she noticed.”

“And the glass?” Princess Celestia asked.

“She doesn't suspect a thing,” Bon Bon replied, “But what were you doing in the kitchen princess? I thought you said you would wait for us in our room?”

Princess Celestia smiled sheepishly, almost as if she was a bit embarrassed of something.

“I apologize for that but I couldn’t help but notice when I arrived here that you had some cake in the fridge and-well-it got the better of me. I was just trying to get a glass of milk with it was all.”

Lyra and Bon Bon snickered, knowing how much Princess Celestia had a thing for cake.

“But anyways, did she finally say it?”

“She finally admitted that she’s in love with Derpy,” Lyra answered.

“But I don’t think she’s ready to tell her yet,” Bon Bon added.

Princess Celestia chuckled softly.

“Of course. My sister never makes things simple I suppose, but you two did well. I was hoping she would come to me about all this but I can’t really blame her. My advice would’ve been more-explicit- to say the least. So I thank you for helping me out on this one.”

Lyra waved her hoof nonchalantly.

“It’s what we do princess. Couldn’t really turn your offer down after telling us all that’s been going on. Besides, consider it repayment for getting my rank up to Reclaimer on Reach. You should’ve heard Luna and Derpy when they saw that.”

Bon Bon laughed and nudged her marefriend in the shoulder.

“I still can’t believe that you said I did it. I’m not nearly that good to be getting that high of a rank in one day.”

Princess Celestia laughed along with Bon Bon.

“Either way, you two did well and hopefully this will help my little sister. It’s time that she finds a pony to love, she deserves it.”

Lyra and Bon Bon agreed but a look of mischevious proportions spread across Lyra’s face.

“Speaking of a pony to love, didn’t you say if we got Luna to admit she loved Derpy, you had a little something for us?”

Bon Bon looked over to Lyra and she even let a little evil smile escape.

“Wow Lyra, you in the mood for that this late?”

“You know it.”

Princess Celestia laughed warmly

“Well then what are we waiting for girls? The night is still young and my sister doesn't’ expect me until tomorrow.”

Both mare’s squee’d in built-up anticipation and began to make their way out of the kitchen and to their room to set up for tonights sexy activites, but Celestia stopped them with one last question.

“But before we start, I must ask one thing.”

Both mares turned back to her, now wondering what their ruler needed to know.

“What would that be princess?” Bon Bon asked.

Celestia smiled devilishly.


“Which one of you wants to wear the panties first?”

Author's Note:

Next Level: Armor Up!

Now begin the speculation.