• Published 4th Dec 2020
  • 4,032 Views, 145 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 1) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion Guard and The Mane Six both work together to spread the magic of friendship while protecting Equestria and the Pride Lands.

  • ...
3
 145
 4,032

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 36: Party of One

Episode 36:

Party of One

On a peaceful day in Ponyville, Twilight is currently reading her books with Ono reading over her shoulder just as they heard a knock on the door.

“I wonder who that could be?” Ono wondered as Twilight makes her way to the door.

“Oh! Hi, Pinkie Pie...” She greeted the party pony wearing a party hat and a clown nose as she prepares to sing a special song to them.

“This is your singing telegram

I hope it finds you well

You're invited to a party

'Cause we think you're really swell.”

She sang to them as her pet stood by wearing a party hat to which both Twilight and Ono try to follow with her invitation before making her way over to Rarity’s place who had Kion over for a fitting for his outfit for the upcoming Grand Galloping Gala to give the same singing telegram while the two wear tuxedos much like the one the young lion is wearing.

“Gummy's turning one year old

So help us celebrate

The cake will be delicious

The festivities first-rate.”

She sang to them before making her way over to Sweet Apple Acres where she sings to Applejack and Beshte who both just as lost as she wears an accessory that had small confetti cannons in them.

"There will be games and dancing

Bob for apples, cut a rug [pop]

And when the party's over

We'll gather 'round for a group hug.”

She sang as she started to slow down from running around Ponyville giving the same singing telegram all over again by the time she rode over on her hot air balloon to Cloudsdale where Rainbow Dash and Fuli are.

No need to bring a gift

Being there will be enough

Birthdays mean having fun with friends

Not getting lots of stuff.”

She sang as she struggled to make her way over to Fluttershy’s home as she watches the party pony give her the same invitation while wearing cake accessories.

“It won't be the same without you

So we hope that you say yes

So, please, oh please R.S.V.P.

And come, and be our guest!”

She finished before collapsing onto the group in exhaustion for a minute before heading back home where Bunga is waiting for her.

“Hey Pinkie Pie!” He greeted. “How did it go?”

“Swell.” She replied in a raspy and tired voice. “But I think next time, I’ll just pass out written invitations.

Pinkie then passed out as she collapsed on the floor.

“Not a problem. Let’s just get you to bed and I’ll take care of setting up the party for you.” Bunga offered as he dragged her to her bed before walking off to do so.


Thanks to Bunga the party was all set up ready for the entire Guard to get together to enjoy themselves as there are treats, dancing, and bobbing for apples involved.

Twilight, Pinkie, Kion, and Bunga were all dancing together, while Rarity, Fluttershy, Ono, and Fuli were all chatting with each other, while Beshte, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack were all bopping for apples together.

“Nice one!” Beshte complimented the farm pony as she produced an apple with her mouth before eating it. “Now, let me show you how it's really done.”

Beshte then demonstrated by shoving his mouth in the whole barrel before producing a mouth-full of apples which was every remaining apple left before chomping them all down and gulping them.

“Show off.” Rainbow just shook her head as Pinkie dropped by to check up on them.

“Hey, girls and boys!” Pinkie greeted

“Hey, Pinkie Pie!“

“Howdy!”

“What’s up?”

The three greeted her as she squealed in delight.

“Just wanted to tell you how happy I am that you could make it to Gummy's party.”

“Are you kiddin'? I wouldn't have missed it for the world.” Applejack returned that she is just as happy she was invited.

“Me neither.” Beshte added.

“When Pinkie Pie throws a party, I am there! Ta-da!” Rainbow added as she succuessfully bobbed for an apple.

“Aw! It's just a boring old apple. Don't worry, there are plenty of other surprises in there.” Pinkie then said to which sparked intrigue to the Pegasus who spit out her apple in response.

“What kind of surprises?”

“I can't tell you that, silly. Then it wouldn't be a surprise.”

Both Applejack and Rainbow Dash interested in the surprise she laid inside the two both bobbed their heads inside to find it and indeed they did.

Applejack clenched her teeth onto a gag apple while Rainbow Dash was greeted with Gummy’s mouth in her face to which Applejack chuckled while Beshte looked concerned for the Pegasus.

“Are you okay?” Beshte asked.

“I’m fine. This gator has no teeth.” She said with annoyed eyes as she shakes Gummy off of her snout.

At the table of refreshments both Rarity and Ono were treating themselves to some punch to which they found delish.

“This punch is simply divine.” The unicorn complimented as Pinkie poured more in her and Ono’s cups. “Is this the same recipe you used for your "Spring Has Sprung" party?”

“Nope! Something new.” She replied as they eyed Gummy now in the punch bowl to which both widen their eyes in shock as they both spit out their drinks to which Pinkie didn’t even blink when they accidentally spit it out in her face.

“It's Gummy's favorite.” Pinkie cheerfully added as Rarity forced herself to gulp some of it in out of embarrassment and sheer politeness of doing something un-lady like as Kion took notice of while Ono’s face turned purple in shock and disgust. “Ooh, this is my jam!” She then said as she made her way onto the dance floor after the music plays a tune she really loves.

Once Pinkie was out of their sight, Ono quickly flew outside to vomit the punch he had just drank with Kion following him outside to make sure he is okay while Rarity spat out hers into a nearby plant.

On the dance floor, Twilight, Fluttershy, and Fuli are all dancing to the beat as Pinkie joins in.

“Having fun?”

“A blast!”

“Oh yeah!”

“You always throw the best parties, Pinkie Pie.”

The three answered positively.

“They're always the best parties 'cause my best friends are always there!” Pinkie said as she really got into her groove to the point she ended up bouncing the others away and into the walls as she busted out her moves.

“C'mon, everypony!” She called out to everyone as the three slammed into the walls leaving their silhouette imprints behind as they recover from the impact before everyone all comes back to the dance floor to dance around the birthday pet. “Gummy wants to dance! Go, Gummy! It's your birthday! Go, Gummy! It's your birthday!”


The party lasted long and well into the night when everyone finally decided it was time to retire for the night with Pinkie seeing everyone out as she watches from the bakery’s top floor.

“Hoo-wee! I am beat!” Applejack voiced as she left. “I haven't danced that much since... Well, since your last party. Thanks again for the invite!”

“Man, that was so Poa!” Beshte said as he left. “Thanks a bunch!”

“See ya later, birthday alligator!” Rainbow said as he left.

“Bye!” Fuli said.

“Bravo for hosting yet another delightful soiree.” Rarity complimented.

“It's been lovely.” Fluttershy also complimented as Ono rode on her back so he can stay the night at her cottage due to still being sick from the poisoned punch with his face still purple.

“Swell.” Ono managed to call out before vomiting in his barf bag once more.

“Oh you poor thing.” Fluttershy sorrowfully said to her ill companion. “I’ll make sure you’ll get better no problem.”

“You sure you don't wanna stay? There's still some cake left.” Pinkie called out to Twilight and Kion as they were both the last to leave as Bunga decided to stay at the shop for the night too.

“Uh, I think we’re gonna pass.” Kion politely declined. “We got another patrol in the morning.”

“Great party though. We should do this again soon.” Twilight also complimented as they both left.

“We should do this again soon!” Pinkie said to herself taking it to heart as Bunga loudly munches on the remaining cake.

“You said it.” Bunga replied as he chowed down on the sugary goods.


The next morning at the crack of dawn, Twilight and Kion were awakened when they heard knocking on her door. As they awoke they both had a few strands of hair out of place due to from their sleeping to which they didn’t pay mind to as the unicorn answered the door to where Pinkie was outside at her doorstep again.

“Oh! Hi, Pinki-“ She greeted as she wide eyed awake as she happily bounced up and down with an important message in tow.

“It's soon!”

“Pardon me?” She asked as Kion approached the doorway as he came to wake himself up.

“You said we should have another party soon, and... it's soon!” She replied as she handed the two their invitation. “Here's your invitation!”

"You're invited to Gummy's 'after-birthday' party. This afternoon at 3 o'clock." Twilight read as the party pony happily bounced up and down.

“All our bestest friends are invited, and there's gonna be dancing, and games, and cake, and ice-cream, and punch!” She excitably shared as the two briefly exchange surprised glances at each other as they were not expecting her to host another party this soon.

“This afternoon? As in, "this afternoon" this afternoon?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, indeedy!” She confirmed as Twilight quickly shook her initial shock off so she can she respond to her answer.

“Oh, gosh. I wish we could make it, but I've gotten a bit behind in my studies and I need Kion’s help in hitting the books.“ She informed her as she quickly showed her the huge pile of books she pulled from her shelves to sell it.

“I understand. Your studies come first.” Pinkie accepted her response. “But don't worry, we'll be sure to save you some cake.”

“Please do.”

“Oh! And Twilight, you shouldn't hit the books. You should really just read them.” Pinkie advised as she thought she meant literally before leaving.

“I'll keep that in mind.” Twilight just said as she sighed in relief before quickly shutting the door and placing all of the books back in their shelves as soon as Pinkie was gone.

“Hevi Kabisa! She’s deciding to throw another party today?” Kion said in surprise with what she had just said to them.

“I know.” She replied as she ponders of how to adjust to all of this. “Looks like we’re gonna need to rely on extra help here.” She said as she thinks of how they are going to make what they planned for her work.


Meanwhile, Applejack and Beshte were doing more farm work as Pinkie arrived catching the two while they were carrying wagons of apples on their backs.

“Huh? Oh, hi, Pinkie Pie!” Applejack greeted while surprised by her sudden appearance. “What brings you 'round these parts?”

“Who's ready to shake their hoof-thang?! It's an invitation to Gummy's "after-birthday" party this afternoon.” She invited them. “There's gonna be dancing, and games, and cake, and ice-cream, and punch!”

“This afternoon? A-as in, "this afternoon" this afternoon?” Applejack asked similarly to Twilight as she and Beshte share startled reactions upon hearing this.

“That's funny. That's just what Twilight said, and the answer is, "Yes! It's this afternoon!" She replied as Applejack struggled to reply.

“Uh, well, I... I... uh... I don't think I can make it 'cause...”

“Because Applejack really needs help in dealing with all of these apples.” Beshte quickly said to cover for her. “It’ll take us through the day to get it all done.”

Pinkie narrowed her eyes at the two as the farm pony nervously gulped in response.

“Sorry.” She regretfully spoke with hopes of no hard feelings.

“Okey-dokey-lokey! A party is still a party, even if there are only seven guests.” She again took it fine as Applejack sighed in relief.

“Thanks.”

“No problem, AJ.” Beshte kindly returned as they make way inside with the apples in tow.


Elsewhere, Spike and Bunga are currently doing Rarity a favor by taking out her full can of trash to the curb.

“Anything else I can do for you, most beautiful one?” Spike asked he walked back over to his unicorn crush who caught a horrible whiff of his stench from having garbage fall on them when trying to take it out.

“Hmm... perhaps you could take a bath.” Rarity replied with a forced smile as she covered her nose. “How do I put this delicately?” She said as she hesitated to break the truth to him. “You smell like a rotten apple core that's been wrapped in moldy hay and dipped in dragon perspiration.”

Spike lovely sighed as he went back home to do so as he floated away with hearts in his eyes just as Pinkie Pie arrives.

“Ooh! Love the new hat. Very modern. What's the occasion?” Rarity admiringly asked.

“Gummy's "after-birthday" party is this afternoon. I'm delivering the invitations.” She replied to which sparked the same reaction as the others.

“The party is this afternoon? As in, "this afternoon" this afternoon?”

“It's so strange. Everypony keeps saying that.” Pinkie said in confusion as she spots the trend here.

“Oh... do they?” She awkwardly and worryingly replied as she patted her hair curls as Bunga quickly ran over to the trash can.

“I know it's short notice, but we had such a great time at his birthday party, I thought we could have even more fun at his after-birthday party.” Pinkie expressed her delighted reasons for doing so.

“And I'm sure that we would, but I'm going to have to decline because...” Rarity then spoke of her decision to which she said with regret as Bunga throws garbage at her hair to which she glared at him for that before remembering it gives her the leeway to sell her excuse. “I have to... wash my hair!”

The two then quickly ran inside before they could be further questioned.

“Huh... No Twilight, no Kion, no Applejack, no Beshte, no Rarity, no Bunga. Oh well, a party is still a party even with only five guests.” Pinkie still took it in stride before making her way over to Rainbow Dash, Fuli, and Fluttershy at the animal lover’s cottage to invite them.


“This afternoon?”

“As in...?”

Both Rainbow and Fluttershy asked with the same reactions as Fuli watched on just as surprised.

“Yes! As in, "this afternoon" this afternoon!”

“Oh, man! We'd love to, but... we're... house-sitting this afternoon.” Rainbow weakly declined to which Pinkie sighed in disappointment.

“Both of you?” She sadly asked.

“It's... uh... a big house.” Fluttershy added just as flimsy constructed.

“Oh yes.” Fuli quickly added. “Plus Ono is still recovering from last night, he really partied too hard there.”

“Uh, look at the time!” Rainbow said as she hastily created a fake watch on her wrist with marker. “We'd really better get going.”

As Fuli quickly runs off ahead while the Pegasus ponies follow suit Pinkie is left more puzzled and puzzled by the minute as suddenly all of her friends even Bunga are all unavailable to attend her party today.


“Something strange is definitely going on around here…” She said to her pet now suspicious as she finds something fishy here back at Sugarcube Corner as she looks out the window. ”…Gummy. Sure Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy had to house-sit for Ono, but what are the chances all my other friends would have plans this afternoon too? Rarity and Bunga had to wash her hair and fur? Applejack and beshte have to pick apples? Twilight and Kion are behind on their studies and have to hit the books? The more I think about it, the more those are starting to sound like... excuses!” She said with a realizing gasp.

Just as she was looking out the window she spotted both Twilight and Kion sneaking up and into the shop from hiding spot to hiding spot to which Pinkie ducked herself before the two could spot her as they both slowly get inside one at a time to avoid suspicion.

“That doesn't look like studying... or hitting!” She said with her suspicions confirmed.

Inside, Twilight rings the bell requesting Mrs. Cake to the counter for their services.

“Ooh! You must be here for...”

“Shh!” Twilight quickly hushed her. “Is Pinkie Pie around?”

“Oh, I don't think so.” She honestly replied.

“Good. I don't wanna her to know anything about this.” Twilight then said as Pinkie dropped a tin can attached a string she can eavesdrop on their conversation

“Yes, of course. I'll be right back.” She replied as she made small talk about it just as Kion notices the tin can dangling from the ceiling.

Correctly sensing she is spying on them, he quickly tiptoed over there as he retracted a single claw and gently cut the string.

“What are you doing?” She asked with a confused expression until she widen her eyes at the sight of the can. “She’s on to us!”

“We’d better hurry.” Kion whispered back as Mrs. Cake hands them a box.

“There you go!” She told them as Pinkie has a hard time making out their whispers.

“Thanks, and remember, not a word to Pinkie Pie.” Twilight returned as they hurried their way out of the store.


The two then proceed to stealthily tiptoe their way through town with the package carefully secure on the unicorn’s back while Kion looks around for the party pony who is now following them but Pinkie has been just as stealthily in avoiding detection.

“Time to get to the bottom of things!“ Pinkie seriously said as she puts on a pair of gag glasses with a funny nose and moustache with Gummy riding on her mane before following the two who quickly stop and turn around just as Pinkie ducks for cover at the nearby apple cart. Kion sniffed around the area and picked up a scent to which he whispered to the unicorn.

“We better keep moving.” He said as he motioned to the apple cart which confirmed to them that she is following them.

“I think our cover's been blown! We'll need a new disguise.” Pinkie then said as she sees that they are on to her before the two quickly tiptoe their way over to Rarity’s shop where Twilight rang the doorbell to get Rarity and Fuli’s attention as they quickly answer the door.

“She didn't see you two at the sweet shop, did she?” The unicorn whisper asked to the other unicorn as they both stood closely to each other.

“No, but Kion sensed her presence from behind.” She answered.

“What?” Fuli asked in alarm.

“But I think Pinkie sensed we were onto her as well so she isn’t around.” Kion added as he sniffed around and didn’t catch a single whiff from nearby.

“Oh, good. We’d hate for her to ruin everything.” Rarity shared in relief.

“Us too.” Twilight returned as she leaves behind the package so Rarity could take control of sneaking around with it as she carried the cake with her tail as Fuli follows after her while keeping his eyes and nose alert for Pinkie as her new disguise involved the same pair of glasses while hiding inside a bale of hay.


So far as good as the two make their way to town to throw Pinkie off of their trail. There they meet with Fluttershy and Ono with the latter now feeling well at that point.

“Have you seen her?” Rarity asked the two as Fuli looked around their surroundings.

“Not since this morning.” Fluttershy replied as said mare quickly peers her head around the corner.

“Me neither.” Ono also shared while Fuli suspiciously turns around and does a quick sniff around. “Can you believe she was planning on throwing an after-birthday party today?”

“I'm just glad we were able to use Ono’s excuse for why I couldn't be there.” Fluttershy expressed relief as Pinkie had a hurt expression upon hearing that.

“Me too! This is obviously going to be so much better.” Rarity said to them while unaware of mare’s presence.

“As long as we keep her from finding out about it, it will.” Ono remained certain as Rarity hands Fluttershy the package.

“See you later!” She whispered as Fluttershy went set out with the package in tow.

But just before she could walk towards the bale of hay, Fuli quickly whispered her knowledge to them as Ono quickly directs Fluttershy in the opposite direction before the two groups both went their separate ways.

“I thought everypony loved my parties.” Pinkie sadly lamented hearing this misinterpretation.

“Hi, Pinkie Pie!”

“What’s up!”

Bunga and Rainbow greeted her without thinking as they walk by as the latter carries her saddle-bag on her back.

The two then briefly stop dead in their tracks upon realizing who they had just casually addressed to.

“Pinkie Pie!”

“Uh-oh!”

The two exclaimed as they quickly realize their mistake.

“Hop on!” Rainbow barked at the honey badger who quickly did as he was told before flying off in a flash to ditch her.

“Rainbow Dash! Bunga! Wait!” Pinkie called after them as Rainbow quickly zipped around the corner hoping that she doesn’t pick up their trail.

Once the two were far enough ahead, the two sighed in relief with Rainbow ceasing her flight before landing on the ground.

“That was a close one.” Bunga remarked as Pinkie suddenly appeared from inside of one of the barrels in front of them.

“Where you going?!” She demanded as the two were suddenly startled with Rainbow quickly responding by flying away once more towards the schoolhouse for added measure and distance to throw the now suspicious mare off of their trail again.

Rainbow after looking around to make sure she wasn’t followed quickly ducked for cover under the school bell.

But someway somehow the pink mare was already there as the two were greeted by her sudden shouting once more.

“What's the real reason you didn't want to come to Gummy's party?!”

Rainbow quickly flew away faster than ever as she doubles down her efforts into getting as far away from her as possible.

“How does she do that?!” Bunga asked while tightly holding on to his partner.

“I don’t know and I don’t want to know.” Rainbow replied as she made her way up the tallest mountains on the outskirts of Ponyville to where she made her way up to the top… with Pinkie’s help as she again already beat them to the punch.

There she eyes the saddlebags strapped to Rainbow’s back.

“What's in the bags?!” She shouted in Rainbow's face with the latter now going full throttle in retreating to Sweet Apple Acres where the others are waiting with Pinkie hot on their tails.

“Applejack!”

“Beshte!”

“We have a problem!”

"Code Pink! Angry pony on our tails!"

Rainbow and Bunga shouted to the two as Pinkie angrily pursues them with Gummy holding onto to her mane.

Applejack quickly went inside and closed the doors after her just after Rainbow flew inside with Pinkie running up to the door while banging her head on it to knock on it.

“I know you're IN THERE!”

“Oh, hey Pinkie Pie.” Beshte nonchalantly greeted. “How’s it going?”

“Just fine.” Pinkie paid no mind to the greeting as she was more focused on finding on the truth. “Mind if I... take a look inside the barn?”

“Everyone okay?” Beshte asked as he blocked the mare from going inside.

“I’m fine.” She repeated still serious as she tried to get by the hippo. “I just need to get inside and see what Rainbow Dash and Bunga just went in there for.”

“Just to help out with all of the apples we brought inside from earlier.” Beshte innocently tried to say to assert everything is fine.

“Oh really?” Pinkie returned still not buying it.

“Yes.” He replied as he now started to get nervous by her furious glaring.

“Then why do they get to go inside?”

“Because we really needed their help and their help alone in getting the hard to reach apples from the top of the very tall pile we packed inside.” Beshte quickly answered as Pinkie looks on still unconvinced before moving to back off from her interogation knowing and sensing her friend's honesty while the others already inside watch with worry.

“Okey... dokey... lokey.” She relented before deciding to walk away from Sweet Apple Acres.

Once she was out of sight she, Applejack, along with the rest of the Guard.

“Oh my Celestia.” Ono said as he fainted after nearly having a heart attack from being nearly found out.

“Medic.” Fuli turned to Fluttershy to make sure he is okay with a tired and deadpan expression as she flies over to do so.


Meanwhile Pinkie has retreated back to town as she converses with Gummy with what had just happened.

“Secrets and lies! It's all secrets and lies with those ponies! They're up to something, Gummy!” She said to the little alligator as she furiously paced around before looking at him in the eyes. “Something they don't want me to know about! Well, I'm gonna know about it! I'm gonna know about it big time!” She angrily vowed as she came up with an idea of how to do it. “And I know just who's gonna tell me all about it. Tell me all about it big time!”

And that someone is Spike who she had just invited over to Sugarcube Corner with a plate full of gems to lure him into a false sense of security.

“Wow! Nice spread!” He complimented as he clasped his claws in delight.

“It's all yours, Spike.” Pinkie replied sincerely with a smile before turning off the lights while flashing a light on him while having Gummy lock his tail with his gummy jaws so she can interrogate him. “All you have to do is talk.” She then said with a calm and sly smile.

“That's it? Oh, you got it.” Spike replied as he found it no biggie as he did exactly what she demanded. “Okay... uh, beautiful weather we're having, eh? I love a sunny spring day, don't you? The birds chirpin' and the flowers bloomin'.”

“No, no, no. Talk about our friends.” Pinkie pressured him to get at what she wants while sliding the plate away since she didn’t find his initial response useful.

“Oh, okay. Let's see, there's Twilight Sparkle. She's a unicorn. Good with magic. A real brainiac. And then you got Rarity. Total knockout. Twilight seems to think I don't even have a chance with her, but... eh, what does she know? Let's see. There's... there's Fluttershy, a Pegasus who's afraid of heights. Heh, what's up with that?” He then innocently went on.

“Grr!” Pinkie growled in frustration as she doubled down her efforts into cracking. “No! You're not understanding me! I want you to confess!”

“Confess?”

“Confess!”

Completely terrified now as Pinkie shines the light with increased pressure he does just that.

“I'm the one who spilled juice all over Twilight's copy of "Magical Mysteries and Practical Potions"!”

“And?”

“And I'm the one who used up all the hot water in Ponyville yesterday when I took a seven-hour bubble bath!”

“Aaand?”

“And sometimes... when no one's around... I do this.” He demonstrated by flexing his muscles while looking at himself in the mirror. “Lookin' good, Spike! Lookin' real good!”

Pinkie was just mind-blown as she breaks the mirror as she pushed it aside after growing more and more furious that he is not spitting out the secret she wanted to know.

“No! No! No! No!”

“W-What do you wanna hear? Tell me what you want me to say, and I'll say it!”

“Tell me that my friends are all lying to me and avoiding me because they don't like my parties and they don't want to be my friends anymore!” Pinkie demanded as she screamed in his face.

“Your friends are all lying to you and avoiding you 'cause they don't like your parties and they don't want to be your friends anymore!” Spike repeated back.

“Aha! I knew it!” She proudly declared before her mane deflated into a completely straight one as her smile faded into a depressed and hurt one with the sound of a balloon deflating and popping and her fur turning into a darker shade of color. “Oh no, my friends don't like my parties and they don't want to be my friends anymore.”

“Uh... so...” Spike asked as he pointed to the plate of the gems.

Pinkie sighed as she hands Spike the plate. “Here you go.”

“Thanks.” Spike happily replied as he started munching on them as Pinkie sadly sighed.


Sometime later, Pinkie hosted a party of her own after finding some “guests.” to participate in.

“Thank you all so much for coming! It means so much to Gummy.” She spoke to her “guest.”

A bucket of turnips, a pile of three stacked up rocks, a potato sack, and a dust cloud all wearing party hats along with Gummy.

“Could I have some more punch?” Pinkie said as she voiced the bucket of turnips in a manly voice which was rather stupid sounding.

“Well, of course you can have some more punch, Mr. Turnip.” She replied as she poured it some more punch.

“This is one great pahty! You really outdone yourself!” Pinkie voiced while pretending to be the rock pile with a serious expression.

“Why, thank you, Rocky.”

“I'm having a delightful time as well.” Pinkie voiced while having the dust cloud sound like a proper man.

“I'm so glad, Sir Lintsalot.“

“Might I trouble you for anozer slice of cake?” Pinkie then said with a high-pitched voice.

“Anything for you, Madame le Flour.” She obliged as she gave it exactly as requested.

“I'm just glad none o' them ponies showed up.” Pinkie as Rocky then voiced.

“Oh, they're not so bad.” She tried to find it in her heart to voice otherwise even though she is now losing it as her eyes widen and smile grinned in a crazy manner.

“Not so bad? Puh-lease! They're a buncha losers!” Pinkie as Rocky badmouthed them.

“Oh, c'mon now. "Losers" might be a little strong, dont'cha think?” She insisted in their defense.

“After the way they treated you? I say "losers" isn't strong enough.” Pinkie as Sir Lintsalot retorted.

“Well, it was pretty rude...” Pinkie acknowledged while looking at a little bitter now.

“Pretty rude? It was downright deespicable!” Pinkie as Madame le Flour voiced with contempt.

“It was, wasn't it?” Pinkie then grew more upset at the thought.

“If I were you, I wouldn't speak to them ever again.” Pinkie as Mr. Turnip said.

“You know what? I'm not gonna speak to them ever again. And I'm not gonna invite them to another party as long as I live!” Pinkie then angrily vowed after taking her own conflicting personality to heart. “They don't deserve to be invited to my parties. Not after the way they've been acting.”

“Deeespicable! Yes, zat’s right.”

“Such losers!

“Well done.”

“Yeah!”

“You show 'em!”

Her inanimate friends cheered for her to give them a piece of her mind just as Pinkie heard a knock on the front door.

“Who could that be?” She wondered as Rainbow and Bunga opened the door to greet her.

“Hey there, Pinkie Pie! Sorry we were in such a rush earlier.” Rainbow apologized to the glaring mare.

“Had some place to be and couldn't slow down and say, "Hello." You know how it goes.” Bunga added.

“I know how it goes, all right!” She responded through her gritted teeth leaving Rainbow creeped out at she has been doing just now.

“Yeah... so, why don't you come with me over to Sweet Apple Acres?” Rainbow then offered.

“No thanks.” She bitterly refused as she made her way back to the table. “I'm spending time with my real friends. Isn't that right, Madame le Flour?”

“Oui! Zat iz correct, madame.” Pinkie as Madame le Flour confirmed.

“Uh... Pinkie Pie?” Bunga asked out of concern as even he was getting creeped out by her over the edge demeanor.

“Come on, Pinkie. We said we’re sorry.” Rainbow tried to make their apology clear to her. “I mean yes we bailed on you but we had a good reason to.”

“Another slice of cake, Sir Lintsalot?”

“I'd love one.”

Pinkie asked to her imaginary friend who replied in kind as she continued to ignore them.

“Aaallrighty.” Bunga just said while now creeped out of his mind as Gummy bounced on a party balloon while motioning to Rainbow that she is now crazy in the very bad way. “What do you say we get on out of Creepytown and head over to Applejack's...” He suggested with a forced smile as he tried to approach her.

“She's not going anywhere.” Pinkie as Mrs. Turnip stated as she got in between them.

“I most certainly am not. I'm having a wonderful time right here.” Pinkie repeated.

“You should really just come with me.” Rainbow tried to insist otherwise as she looked down at the mare ducking under the table and pushing Rocky towards the two.

“You heard the lady! She ain't goin' nowheres, chumps!” Pinkie as Rocky stated to which got Rainbow and Bunga’s blood boiling.

“Who you calling a chump, chump?!” Bunga retorted in the rocks face’s to which Rainbow sighed just wanting Pinkie to just come with them.

“Ugh... That's it. Party's over. Come on, Pinkie Pie!” Rainbow firmly declared as she flew right behind her.

“No!” She still refused with her head up high.

“Pinkie Pie, let's go!” Rainbow again commanded.

“I said no!” Pinkie again repeated in refusal.

“You...have to... come with... me!” Rainbow still pressed as she struggled to make her leave.

“No... I... don't!” Pinkie asserted herself as she sat on the Pegasus trying to force her out.

Rainbow ended up crashing into the table as she pulled herself out of there with a slice of cake landing on her head.

“Mmm!” Bunga voiced his delight as he ate the cake off of her head. “Delicious.” Rainbow briefly frowned at the honey badger to remind him to focus. “Oh right!” He said as he gulped the cake down before adopting a very serious expression and demeanor. “Very well then.”

“You wanna do this the hard way?! We'll do this the hard way! Because you’re going if we have to drag you every step of the way.” Rainbow declared as Rainbow grabbed Pinkie on the front side while Bunga placed his claws on her back side as they both pull and drag her over to Sweet Apple Acres with Gummy riding on her mane again to tag along for the ride.


It took a combined effort of the two, but they managed to pull it off.

“We're... here...” Rainbow voiced to the others inside the barn as she opened to door as the whole Guard along with Spike all shouted together while wearing party hats.

“Surprise!”

When they all opened their eyes, they all expressed silent shock upon seeing the mare with her darkened fur coat and flatted mane and tail as Bunga and Rainbow pushed and pulled her inside.

“I really thought she'd be more excited.” Fluttershy whispered to the others as Pinkie clearly heard it.

“Me too.” Beshte whispered back as Pinkie voiced her anger towards them.

“Excited? Excited?!” She furiously roared. “Why would I be excited to attend my own farewell party?!”

“Farewell party?” Twilight questioned as she and Kion share a confused look together as Pinkie further roared back.

“Yes! You don't like me anymore, so you decided to kick me out of the group and throw a great, big party to celebrate! A "Farewell to Pinkie Pie" party!”

“Why in the world would you think we didn't like you anymore, sugarcube?” Applejack questioned.

“Or even think we were planning to kick you of out the Guard?” Fuli added.

“Why? Why? Why?! Why?!” Pinkie furiously responded in their faces along with Rarity and Fluttershy’s all the while lifting herself off of the ground in rage. “Because you've been lying to me and avoiding me all day, that's why!”

“Oops.” Bunga voiced as the others eye each other seeing what it ended up causing with the same realization.

Everyone all then just calmly smiled as they all cleared up the misunderstanding.

“Uh, yeah! Because we wanted your party to be a surprise.” Rainbow casually explained.

“We'd been planning this party for such a long time, we had to make excuses for why we couldn't attend Gummy's party so that we could get everything ready for yours.” Rarity added.

“Although we admittedly could have done a better job of handling it even when with all things considered.” Ono also added as Twilight then spoke.

“And besides, If this is a farewell party, why does the cake me and Kion picked up from Sugarcube Corner say "Happy Birthday, Pinkie Pie"? She then said as they directed her attention to said cake with writing exactly as it says on top with her face on it.

As Pinkie gets a better look at the party set-up and cake she then remembered what today is as her mane returned back into its poofy state with her mane turned bright pink again as she cheerfully voiced.

“Because it's my birthday! Ooh, how could I have forgotten my own birthday?” She happily exclaimed as she pulled her friends close together for a group hug. Everyone all sighed in relief seeing that Pinkie now understands what was really going on the entire time. “And you like me so much you decided to throw me a surprise party! How did that even slip by me?”

“Maybe because you were busy planning and throwing parties every day to even keep track of.” Fuli voiced her thoughts while suggesting that she tones her party throwing a little.

“Well…yeah.” Pinkie then said embarrassed seeing of how she got a little carried away there.

“You girls are the best friends ever”!” Pinkie then happily proclaimed before bowing her head in regret. “How could I have ever doubted you?”

“It's okay, Pinkie Pie.” Twilight held nothing against her as she walked up to her.

“It could have happened to any of us.” Kion added as he along with the others walked up to her too. "And for that we apologize for the misunderstanding on our part."

“I'm just glad I haven't been replaced by a bucket of turnips.” Rainbow then voiced her delight.

“Nor a bag of flour or a pile of rocks.” Bunga added as everyone else shot strange and questioning looks at them.

“Huh?” Kion and Twilight asked of what they meant by that as Pinkie nervously and embarrassingly grinned.

“You don't wanna know.” Bunga then said as he shook his head refusing to explain why.

“Trust us.” Rainbow added to emphasize they are better off not knowing of her little crazy in the head episode.

“All right, girls! Enough of this gab.” Applejack voiced to the others as she placed the needle on the record on the record player. “Let's party!”


With the party on underway, everyone all celebrated Pinkie Pie’s birthday as they all have cake and danced together.

During the party, Twilight managed to put together another letter for the Princess together that went like this.

Dear Princess Celestia,

I am writing to you from the most delightful party. I'm not only having a great time with my friends, but also was given the opportunity to learn a valuable lesson about friendship. Always expect the best from your friends, and never assume the worst. Rest assured that a good friend always has your best interests at heart.

Your faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle

As the party went on as everyone and including Spike all get together for a conga dance Pinkie then asked the others another question.

“You girls wouldn't mind if we celebrated Gummy's after-birthday party too, would you? His party was cut short, and he's pretty upset about it.”

“Oh, definitely.”

“Aww, he was upset?”

“For Gummy, yeah!”

“Yeah, why not? Let's have a party for Gummy.” The other ponies agreed as said alligator chews on one of the party balloons while not popping it due to not having teeth.

“Just not so soon.” Fuli again suggested.

“Of course.” Pinkie returned and accepted the request as everyone all continues to party together with another valuable friendship lesson learned from today.

All the while the mysterious figure’s green eyes glowed as he narrows them from outside at the nearby window in the group’s direction as he recalls witnessing what had transpired through the day before quickly leaving the scene before being spotted.

Author's Note:

In the penultimate episode of Season 1, it is that time of the year, Pinkie Pie's birthday. A party that the rest of the Guard has planned for quite some time. Although her last minute plans threw a little spiral of confusion and misunderstanding throughout the episode...

At least until they all explain themselves and apologize for the misunderstanding and they all celebrate Pinkie's surprise birthday together.

Next up is the Season Finale "The Best Night Ever." as everyone gets together for the Garnd Galloping Gala as the two worlds start to get to know each other more so stay tuned because I have a surprise in the end going into Season 2.

PreviousChapters Next