• Published 4th Dec 2020
  • 4,032 Views, 145 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 1) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion Guard and The Mane Six both work together to spread the magic of friendship while protecting Equestria and the Pride Lands.

  • ...
3
 145
 4,032

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 33: Cutie Mark Chronicles

Episode 33:

The Cutie Mark Chronicles

In another attempt to obtain their cutie marks, the Cutie Mark Crusaders all standing on top of a high platform wearing helmets, prepare to zip line together.

“Are you sure about this, Scootaloo?“ Sweetie Belle nervously asked while emitting a small gulp at the large height they are standing from. “I've never even heard of a pony zip lining before.”

“Neither have I, but Spike told me it was awesome!” Scootaloo replied to her uneasy friends as she leads the way while dragging them down the line.

At first fast going until they screeched to a grinding halt after running out of momentum with the intensity of the speed from the attempt causing their line to snap and sent them screaming and falling down to the ground while tumbling down the nearby trees while getting covered with tree sap and pine needles.

“See anything?” Apple Bloom asked as look they look at their flanks.

“Tree sap and pine needles but no cutie mark.” Scootaloo replied in disappointment.

“Plan B?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Yeah. You know where we can find a cannon at this hour?” Scootaloo proposed after a moment of thinking to which the other two express silent fright at the idea to which Scootaloo tossed aside her helmet in frustration. “It's no use! No matter what we try, we always end up without our cutie marks. And, surprisingly often, covered in tree sap.”

“Maybe we should do something less dangerous, like pillow testing or flower sniffing.” Sweetie Belle suggested as they take off their gear as Apple Bloom got them towels and buckets of water to clean themselves up with.

“This town is full of ponies who have their cutie marks.” Apple Bloom suggested. “Why don't we ask them how they did it?”

“That's a great safe idea.” Sweetie liked the idea.

“Yeah! And we can start with the coolest pony in Ponyville.” Scootaloo also liked as the other two had something different in mind.

“Applejack!” Apple Bloom voiced.

“Rarity!” Sweetie Belle voiced.

“Come on, guys, I said "cool"!” She repeated as she flew around like Rainbow Dash with emphasis. “You know who I'm talking about. She's fast. She's tough. She's not afraid of anything!”

“Pinkie Pie?” The other two incorrectly guessed.

“No! The greatest flyer ever to come out of Cloudsdale.”

“Fluttershy?”

“No! Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo finally spit it out to them.

“Oh! Yeah, that makes much more sense.” Apple Bloom replied as she gets the idea.

“Of course!” Sweetie Belle replied now understanding what she is saying

“Let's do it. Let's find out how Rainbow Dash earned her cutie mark!” Scootaloo voiced of what they should do as the two high-hoof her.

“Yeah!”

Unfortunately for them, Scootaloo forgot to clean the sap off of her front hooves and the three got stuck together leaving them to get some more hot water so they can free themselves.

During their walk to find Rainbow Dash, they came across bunnies they nearly run over with apples in tow until Scootaloo halted her scooter before that could happen.

“Get back here, you thievin' varmints!” Applejack called out to them as she and Bunga pursed.

“Zuka Zama!” Bunga shouted as he leaped tackled the thieving trio which caused them to drop their apples. “Oh, hey, girls.” He greeted as he continued giving chase to the rabbits trying to steal from Sweet Apple Acres.

“Thievin' what now?” Apple Bloom said in confusion.

“Varmits.” Bunga answered as he got done picking up the apples after chasing the rabbits out of the farm. “It’s what Applejack calls every animal and pest that tries to eat and steal from the farm. And I don’t blame them…” He then said as he munched on one of the apples they tried to steal. “These are delicious.”

“The best of the best.” Applejack added as she saw her little sister and her friends. “What’s up, Apple Bloom?”

“Hey sis! How'd you get your cutie mark?” Apple Bloom returned and asked.

“I never told you that story?” Applejack asked thinking she did.

“No. No, you haven’t.” Bunga replied finding interest in hearing that story.

“Hey! I thought we were gonna ask Rainbow Dash.” Scootaloo asked feeling they are getting off-track here.

“We need all the help we can get.” Apple Bloom reasoned as Scootaloo relented even though she really wanted badly to find and learn her idol’s story the most.

“Why, shoot. I was just a little filly. Even littler than y'all.” Applejack began as she recalled when she was younger and leaving Sweet Apple Acres with her big brother and grandmother watching on with sadness as they accept her decision before making her way to Manehattan.

“I didn't want to spend my life on a muddy old apple farm. I wanted to live the sophisticated life, like my Aunt n' Uncle Orange. So I set out to try my luck in the big city, Manehattan! The most cosmopolitan city in all of Equestria.”

“Hey! Outta the way, you rube!” One of the stallions rudely told the gazed-stricken filly marveling at the wonderful sight of the big city before finding her way to her uncle and aunt’s home.

“I knew I'd find out who I was meant to be in Manehattan.”

Young Applejack made her way to the apartment with a couple of oranges on the door and then knocked on it. There she was greeted by the two who opened the door.

“Aunt Orange! Uncle Orange! Thank y'all so much for lettin' me stay!” Young Applejack greeted as they let her inside.

Fittingly enough they had oranges as cutie marks on their flanks.

“"Y'all".” Aunt Orange laughed in amusement of their niece’s countryism. “Isn't she just the living end?”

“How quaint.” Uncle Orange chuckled in agreement.

“Don't worry. We'll have you acting like a true Manehattanite in no time.” The aunt assured her.

The two hosted a fancy party together with their friends and got the little one’s hair styled up much like her aunt as they all had sparkling drinks and talked all about Manehattan.

“And how are you finding good old Manehattan?” One of the sophisticated ponies asked the young one.

“Oh, it's simply divine.” She replied in the manner her aunt and uncle taught her.

“Very well said, my dear.” Her aunt complimented her as she continued.

“Although, I must admit the city noise took some getting used to. Where I'm from, nights are so quiet, you seldom hear a peep until the roosters wake you.”

“The... what?” One of the asked in confusion.

“I say, my dear, what in the world is a "rooster"?” Another added just as confused as Applejack struggled with what to say next when a small ringed as the catering ponies came with fancy dishes.

“Dinner is served.” One of them announced sparing her from the trouble digging herself into a hole.

“Thank goodness. Being a city pony's hard work.” Young Applejack said pleased. “I'm so hungry I could eat a...” She started before her eager smile faded upon seeing the very small portions they were being served.

As she later sat in her room, she then began to regret her decision as she sat in front of the window next to her bed

“Cock-a-doodle-doo...” She sadly said as she teared up. “Oh, I wonder what Granny Smith and Big McIntosh are up to. I bet they're applebuckin' their way through the Red Delicious trees. Oh, what I wouldn't give for just one bite...”

“I never felt so homesick in all my days as I did right then.”

As Applejack lamented she suddenly heard an explosion to where she saw a rainbow appearing in the direction of Sweet Apple Acres.

“It was amazin'! A rainbow pointin' right back to... home.”

Young Applejack then ran as fast as her hooves can carry her as she makes her way back home where she is happily greeted by her grandmother and brother and that’s the moment three red apples appeared on her flank.

“In that moment, it all became clear. I knew right then just who I was supposed to be. That's when this here appeared.” She then said as she glanced at her flank in the present day.

“I've been happily workin' in the farm ever since.” She recalled as the bunnies snuck up behind them to which Bunga quickly turned around and got them to flinch and run away.

“Don’t even think about you little varmints!” Bunga shouted after them as Applejack followed after them to give them a chase too.

“Aw. That was such a sweet story!” Sweetie Belle commented.

“Sweet? Try sappy.“ Scootaloo responded with a gag as she found it unappealing before hopping back on her scooter with the others jumping on. “Come on! We've got to find Rainbow Dash and hear the cool way to get a cutie mark.”

The three then ride on Scootaloo’s scooter as they make their way to town only to stumble with their ride falling apart upon nearly crashing into Fluttershy and Beshte who were in the middle of the path helping the little duckies cross the street with Ono’s help.

Thankfully, Ono caught them before they can land and hurt any of the animals at the crosswalk.

“All right, little ones. This way. This way.” Beshte said to them before turning her attention to the little ones. “You really should be more careful. Somepony could get hurt.”

“Why are you in such a hurry anyway?” Ono asked them.

“We're trying to find Rainbow Dash, so we can hear how she earned her cutie mark.” Scootaloo answered.

“Oh, that would be interesting.” Fluttershy agreed that’s an interesting story to hear. “You know, I wouldn't have gotten my cutie mark if it weren't for her.”

“Rainbow Dash?! Really?!”

“How?”

Scootaloo and Ono asked in surprise.

“Oh yes. It all started at Summer Flight Camp.” Fluttershy began narrating her backstory. “You'd never guess, but when I was little I was very shy. And a very weak flyer.”

At Cloudsdale years ago, a young and tall Fluttershy struggled to pick herself up from the ground before she was able to take off. She was finally able to fly up to the cloud ring and went through it until she tripped over it coming across and then slid down a slippery slope and right into a flag from a post in front of her. This attracted the attention of two familiar bullies above her.

“Nice going, "Klutzershy"! They oughtta ground you permanently.” Young Dumbbell laughed at her.

“Ha! My baby brother can fly better than you!” Young Hoops added in as they flew in close to taunt her some more.

“It was the most humiliating moment of my life. And then, out of nowhere...”

A young Rainbow Dash swooped in and flew in between them in the poor girl’s defense.

“Leave her alone!” She said to the bullies.

“Ooh, what are you gonna do, "Rainbow Crash"?” Young Hoops mocked trying to call her bluff.

“Keep making fun of her and find out!” She responded in a warning tone.

“You think you're such a big shot? Why don't you prove it?” Young Dumbbell challenged.

“Whaddya have in mind?” Young Rainbow asked ready to bring it.

A race was what they had in mind as the three prepare to settle this with every peagsus pony watching.

“You're going down!” Young Hoops threw in a pre-race insult.

“In history, maybe. See you boys at the finish line!” Young Rainbow returned as Young Fluttershy waved the checkered flag to start the race.

As the three took off, the poor girl had the misfortune of being spun around and sent plummeting to the ground as a result of the flying by.

She screamed as she struggled and panic to save herself until she was saved by a group of butterflies who joined together and formed a cloud-like pillow for her to land on.

“I had never seen such beautiful creatures. Butterflies don't fly as high as my cloud home. And I'd never been near the ground before.”

As Young Fluttershy admires them, she also takes the time to admire the scenery and the critters all around her while singing to a delightful tune.

“What is this place

Filled with so many wonders?

Casting its spell

That I am now under

Squirrels in the trees

And the cute little bunnies

Birds flying free

And bees with their honey

Hooooonneeeeeeey!”

She sang as the other critters danced to the more upbeat tune.

“Oooh, what a magical place

And I owe it all to the Pegasus race

If I knew the ground had so much up its sleeve

I'd have come here sooner, and never leave

Yes, I love ev-er-ythiiiiing!”

As soon as she finished singing an explosion occurred with a rainbow bursting into the sky which startled every creature.

“Shhh. It's okay. You can come out. Everything's okay.” Young Fluttershy assured and urged them everything is okay. “There's nothing to be afraid of.“

As the animals all gathered around her, three pink butterflies appear on her flank, signaling the earning of her cutie mark and true calling.

“Somehow I had the ability to communicate with the animals on a different level.”

“Hapana!” Ono voiced his amazement of how it happened.

“Poa!” Beshte added.

“Wait, wait, wait. What happened to Rainbow Dash? What about the race?” Scootaloo asked.

“Oh. Well, I wasn't there, so I don't really know what happened.” Fluttershy honestly answered.

“Come on, Crusaders. We've gotta find her.” Scootaloo urged the others to hop on to her ride which was her scooter with a wagon attached to it not wanting to hear anymore of Fluttershy’s singing.

“Maybe my sister knows where she is.” Sweetie Belle suggested as she waved after the two. “Bye, Fluttershy! Bye, Ono! Bye, Beshte!”

“Bye, girls!” Fluttershy waved after them.

“Who would have thought you had a singing voice lovely as an angel back then.” Ono complimented as Fluttershy blushed.

“It sounds lovely.” Beshte added.

“Ooh, it just comes naturally as much as my love for animals.” Fluttershy returned while touched by the egret and hippo’s compliment.

They went over to Rarity’s to where the girls find themselves in a dressing and fitting situation to which Scootaloo voiced of how this happened.

“Are you girls still obsessing over your cutie marks?” Rarity asked.

“Of course! Most of the fillies at school already have theirs.” Her younger sister replied.

“Mmm, I know how you feel.” She understood where she was coming from as she recalled the story of how she got her cutie mark. “For the longest time I couldn't figure out why I didn't have mine.”

Years ago, both Rarity along with their teacher oversaw the students in costumes the little unicorn had created in preparation for an upcoming school play.

“Well done, Rarity. Your costumes are very nice.” Her teacher complimented.

“Nice?! They need to be spectacular! And the performance is tomorrow!” Young Rarity voiced she wants them to be dazzling as she worked to find the right touches to them.

“I tried every trick I could think of, but nothing seemed to work. The costumes just weren't right, and the play opened that night.”

Maybe I'm not meant to be a fashionista after all...” She said in defeat when her horn suddenly powered up. “Aah! What's going on?!” She futility tried to stop herself from being dragged off before giving up as the magic dragged her across Equestria well into and past the night.

“I had no idea where my horn was taking me. But unicorn magic doesn't happen without a reason. I knew this had to do with my love of fashion and maybe even my cutie mark! I knew that this was... My destiny!”

She finally stopped when she finally stopped and bumped into a large boulder.

“A rock?! That's my destiny?!” Young Rarity exclaimed in frustration. “What is your problem, horn? I followed you all the way out here for a rock?! Dumb rock!”

At that moment an explosion occurred as the rainbow nearby caused the boulder to split in two and when the rock opened up…it revealed a massive display of sparkling and dazzling gems to which a new idea of sprung in her head.

With these gems, Rarity included them in her costumes to which really sparked a lot of lovely attention from the crowd to really sell the play’s success. As her teacher commended her, a three-diamond cutie mark appeared on Rarity’s flank.

After finishing with helping Rarity the three fillies then continued their search for Rainbow Dash as they end up stopping again courtesy of Twilight Sparkle and Kion with the former telling them of how she got her cutie mark.

“As a young filly in Canterlot, I always wanted to go to the Summer Sun Celebration, where Princess Celestia raises the sun.” Twilight began as Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom all watch with attentive eyes as much as they listened to the other stories although Scootaloo really wants badly just to listen to Rainbow’s story.

“And I saw the most amazing, most wonderful thing I've ever seen.” Twilight recalled watching Princess Celestia at the Summer Sun Celebration when she was a filly. “I poured myself into learning everything I could about magic.” She said as she started with her extension studying and research on magic even learning of how to flip a single page with her magic which lasted well into the night.

Her parents came in and presented her a document with a blue ribbon and a check mark to let her know she has been enrolled into the school much to her joy…

“My parents decided to enroll me in Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. It was a dream come true! Except for one thing... I had to pass an entrance exam!”

She then recalled as she suddenly finds herself face to face with examiners with her parents standing on the side of the room for support as one of the teachers rolls in a cart with a purple spotted egg up to her.

“Well, Miss Sparkle?” One of them urged her to do so.

Twilight back then nervously laughed as she realized she has to literally crack the toughest challenge any unicorn can face.

Seeing she has no choice as the examiners have their clipboards ready to test her and see if she is worth of joining the princess’s school she gives the best she can do but all she could come up with is weak sparks from her horn.

This was not good for her as she was really struggling with this near-to-impossible task at hoof.

“We don't have all day.” The instructor again impatiently urged her to work her magic on the egg to which her utmost efforts are still in vain as she still could not hatch it.

“I knew it was the most important day of my life, that my entire future would be affected by the outcome of this day and I was about to blow it!”

“I'm sorry I wasted your time.” Young Twilight then said in defeat when an explosion occurred from outside which gave her a surge of magic that worked her horn into hatching the egg. The same egg Spike hatched from.

Then suddenly she lost control as her eyes glowed white as she levitated the instructors, turned her parents into plants, and turned Spike into a giant dragon which caught the attention of Princess Celestia who went over and placed a calming hoof on her to get her to stop. Once that happened, everything returned to normal.

“Twilight Sparkle.” The alicorn princess said to her who looks on in worry.

“Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean...” The young mare began her apology until she is showered with praise.

“You have a very special gift. I don't think I've ever come across a unicorn with your raw abilities.”

“Huh?”

“What was happening” She thought.

“But you need to learn to tame these abilities through focused study.” She continued.

“Huh?!”

“Twilight Sparkle, I'd like to make you my own personal protégé here at the school.” She then offered as the filly is left dumbstruck by this after turning to her parents who nod their heads with excited expressions to take her up on that offer.

“Huh?!”

“Well?”

“Yes!” She excitably accepted.

“One other thing, Twilight.” She added leaving her confused again until she pointed to her new cutie mark.

“My cutie mark!” She awed at the sight. “Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes...” She exclaimed as she hopped up and down and around the room.

As she finished telling the story she did the same thing back then in the present as she hopped around while creeping the young ones out. “...yesyesyesyes...”

“Okay, okay.”

“We're happy for you, Twilight.”

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle tried to get her to calm down to no avail.

“Yeah, thrilled. Let's get out of here while we still can.” Scootaloo then ushered them to sneak away to which they all did so.

“...yesyes, yeeees!” Twilight continued to hop around until Kion quickly ran over and stopped her in her tracks.

“Okay, okay. Calm down!” He urged her to stop as he pointed to the nearby crowd of ponies who just happened to gather around them.

“Are you okay?” One of them asked.

“Um... yes.” She awkwardly replied slightly embarrassed that she drew a crowd like that.

“Carry on.” Kion told them as they all walked away once that was all settled.

By then the Cutie Mark Crusaders have already made their way across town.

“Ugh! Why don't we ever smash into Rainbow Dash?!” Scootaloo groaned wondering why it is so hard to find her.

“You're looking for Rainbow Dash?” Pinkie voiced suddenly appearing while riding in the wagon. “If I was her, I'd be at Sugarcube Corner. Of course, if I was anyone, I'd be at Sugarcube Corner. Hey! I have an idea!” She then proposed. “Wanna go to Sugarcube Corner?”

She nearly fell out of the wagon until Apple Bloo quickly pulled her back in.

“Well, we're sort of looking for Rainbow Dash, so we can hear how she got her cutie mark.” Sweetie Belle explained of what they are really looking for.

“Cutie mark?” Pinkie questioned very eager to tell her story. “Come with me and I'll tell you how I got mine!”

“Why not?” Scootaloo reluctantly relented.

“All right!” She cheered as she began telling her story.

“My sisters and I were raised on a rock farm outside of Ponyville. We spent our days working the fields. There was no talking. There was no smiling. There were only rocks.”

Back then, Pinkie Pie had straight hair and was sadly doing her job pushing along rocks along with her sisters on the lifeless land filled with leafless trees, dark skies and gloom all around the atmosphere.

“We were in the south field, preparing to rotate the rocks to the east field, when all of a sudden...”

The rainbow explosion occurred leaving behind a rainbow and turned the atmosphere into a more brighter and happier land while Pinkie’s mane and tail turned poofy as a result from what had just happened.

As Pinkie looks on at the marvelous sight she smiled brightly with her eyes filled with rainbows inside.

“I'd never felt joy like that before! It felt so good I just wanted to keep smiling forever! And I wanted everyone I knew to smile too, but rainbows don't come along that often. I wondered, how else could I create some smiles?”

Pinkie thought to herself as she thought of an idea as she ran off ahead do what she wants that lasts through the next twenty-four hours.

“We better harvest the rocks from the south field.” The family patriarch said to the family that morning as they hear music not too far from here.

“Pinkamena Diane Pie! Is that you?” The matriarch called out to her as she opened the door to the water tower.

“Mom! I need you and dad and the sisters to come in. Quick!” She told them before rushing back inside.

Her parents shared a confused look before pressing forward inside and walked inside to see…

“Surprise! You like it? It's called... a party!” Young Pinkie presented to everyone a room filled with balloons, confetti, cake, punch, buckets of apples, and decorations all around inside while she blew on a party tweeter.

Her family was left speechless.

“Oh. You don't like it.” The young mare worried until their shocked expressions turned completely excited smiles. “You like it! I'm so happy!” She cheered as she danced with her mother while the others mingled.

During the dance, Pinkie’s cutie mark appeared on her flank.

“And that's how Equestria was made!” She concluded her story.

“Wha... huh?” Scootaloo said as they came to a stop.

“Look! We're here!” Apple Bloom pointed out they have arrived at Sugarcube Corner with her backstory taking up most of the ride over.

“Maybe on the way home I can tell you the story of how I got my cutie mark. It's a gem!” Pinkie then said as she trotted inside leaving the little peagsus irritated.

“Oh, come on. She's just being Pinkie Pie.” Sweetie Belle urged her to let it go as they all walked inside.

When they all got inside they all saw the entire Mane Six is already there including Rainbow Dash along with the Lion Guard.

“Rainbow Dash! You're here!” Scootaloo eagerly said now that they can finally hear her story.

“I hear you're looking for my cutie mark story.” She greeted having heard from her friends about it.

“You have no idea what I've been through today to hear that story.” Scootaloo then said in relief.

“It all happened during the race at Flight Camp...” Rainbow began as she recalled the moment she went up against the two bullies she was racing against. “...where I stood alone against all odds to defend Fluttershy's honor.”

The race began as previously described by Fluttershy as she raises the flag up with Rainbow starting off with a confident snort while licking her teeth while the other two draw their hooves into their starting cloud before waving it to signal the start of the race. As the three spread their wings, Fluttershy waves the flag, and the racers take off while accidentally knocking Fluttershy off of her cloud.

“I've never flown like that before! That freedom was unlike anything I've ever felt! The speed, the adrenaline, the wind in my mane... I liked it... a lot!”

Rainbow recalled taking the early lead while Dumbbell crashes out after hitting a sharp turn while crashing into a stone pillar.

As Young Rainbow cruised through the course Hoops pushed Rainbow aside to take over the lead.

“Ow!”

“Ha! Later, Rainbow Crash!” He taunted before taking off ahead.

“Hey!” She returned as she worked her speed into giving him chase.

She flew as fast as she could to catch up to the dirty racer while zooming past him while accidentally knocking him aside.

“Turns out the only thing I liked more than flying fast... was winning!”

Then when she felt herself going beyond imaginable speeds she left behind a powerful burst that created the rainbow wave that spread across all of Equestria.

“Most people thought that the sonic rainboom was just an old mare's tale. But that day... The day I discovered racing... I proved that the legends were true. I made the impossible happen!”

Once Rainbow saw what she had accomplished with her mane and tail leaving a rainbow trail, she smiled brightly as she powered herself to the finish line and down back and under to complete the Sonic Rainboom, all while her rainbow colored lightning bolt cutie mark appeared on her flank.

“And that, little ones, is how you earn a cutie mark.” She concluded her story.

“Whooooaaaa...” The young trio said in awe as the others connected the dots together along with the Guard upon hearing the rainbow as if it sounds familiar to them.

“Wait a second.” Fluttershy first spoke up. “I heard that explosion. And I saw the rainbow too. Rainbow Dash, if you hadn't scared the animals, I never would have learned I could communicate with them and gotten my cutie mark.”

“I heard that boom! And right afterwards, there was this amazing rainbow that taught me to smile.” Pinkie spoke up as she recalled.

“When I got my cutie mark, I saw a rainbow that pointed me home. I bet it was your sonic rainboom!” Applejack added and concluded.

“There was an explosion I could never explain when I got my cutie mark.” Rarity added.

“This is uncanny! If that explosion didn't happen when it did, I would have blown my entrance exam. Rainbow Dash, I think you helped me earn my cutie mark too!” Twilight also recalled when that happened.

“Whoa!” Rainbow voiced as Pinkie tackled her to the ground.

“We all owe our cutie marks to you!” Pinkie said to her as Fluttershy says a special meaning behind it.

“Do you realize what this means? All of us had a special connection before we even met.”

“We've been BFFs forever and we didn't even know it!” Rarity voiced delight of how far it extends to.

“Amazing!” Kion voiced as he recalled something that happened back then. “Now come to think of it, I think we also owe it too for our special connection to you all.”

“What do you mean?” Rainbow asked as Kion had a story to tell.

“Before we met all of you there was a time we actually learned of our special talents. Back when we were young.”

He began as he recalled along with Bunga are running towards the watering hole

“Race you to the watering hole.” Baby Kion said to the honey badger next to him.

“The first one there's a rotten egg.” Baby Bunga returned as he got ahead and jumped into the water. Zuka Zama! Look at me. I'm the rotten egg!”

Suddenly he found himself lifted up by a younger Beshte.

“Sorry, Little B. I got here first.” He said to him.

“Guess Beshte's a rotten egg.” Baby Kion said as the two got out of the water.

“That's okay.” Baby Bunga replied as he farted to which disturbed Kion. “I still smell like one.”

“Kion! Kion!” Baby Fuli came running up to him.

“Fuli?“

“There's a hyena in the Pride Lands, and it's stealing an egg.”

“That's not right. We gotta tell your dad.” Baby Beshte told Kion.

“No time to tell my dad. We gotta stop that hyena ourselves. Come on.” He responded as he led the way.

Said hyena stealing an egg was Janja when he was young.

“This egg is so, oh, hard to roll.” He grumbled as Fuli catches up with him.

“Hey, stop! Leave that egg alone.” She demanded as he simply sat down and smirked at the baby cheetah. “Why are you smiling?”

“Cause I know something you don't know.” He smugly returned.

“What's that?”

“That there's three of us.” Young Janja revealed Cheezi and Chungu accompanying him.

“Oh, yeah? Well, there's four of us.” Baby Kion returned as he and the others arrived to back Fuli up.

“Which is more, three or four?” Young Cheezi whispered to Chungu as Janja looks on in surprise.

“Give us that egg, hyena.” Baby Kion demanded.

“Hey, he's got a name, lion cub.” Young Cheezi said in the hyena leader’s defense. “It's Janja.”

“Yeah, and I'm Cheezi!” Young Chungu wrongly called himself.

“No, you're Chungu. I'm Cheezi.” Young Cheezi corrected.

“Really?”

“I don't care who you are. You hyenas aren't allowed to steal that egg.” Baby Kion then got down to business to tell them how it is.

“Oh, yeah? Who's gonna stop us?” Young Janja smugly returned unfazed by their determination.

“We are.” Baby Kion stood his ground alongside his friends.

“Yeah, right.” Young Janja dismissed them while turning to his comrades. “Come on, fur brains help me steal this egg.”

“Did he call us fur brains?” Young Cheezi asked his dimwitted buddy.

“Yeah, I like it.” He returned as their leader got annoyed at their clueless thinking.

“Uh, fur brains, stop talking and hold those guys off while I take the egg.” He urgently told while he did as he said.

“Okay, Janja. You got it.” Young Cheezi returned as he ran ahead with the egg in tow.

“How do we do that?” Baby Chungu questioned as Kion began giving the others orders.

“Beshte, get Cheezi. Fuli, take Chungu. Bunga, go for the egg. Leave that Janja to me.”

“Got it.”

“Huwezi!”

Baby Bunga and Fuli said together as the two suddenly realize how much trouble they are really in now as the newly formed team of friends banded together to stop them.

“Uh-oh!”

“Twende kiboko!” Baby Beshte shouted as he and Fuli knocked away the two of them thus knocking them back.

While Janja was distracted, Bunga snatched the egg.

“Zuka Zama! Gotcha!”

“Hey, that's mine.”

“Not anymore, eenie-meenie hyenie.”

Before the hyena could make a move on him, Kion immediately tackled him.

“Get out of the Pride Lands. Now!” Baby Kion demanded of him.

“Okay. We're going, we're going.” Young Janja fearfully complied as he lead his comrades out and away from the scene and back towards the Outlands.

“Look at 'em go. Bye-bye.” Baby Bunga nonchalantly waved after them.

“Guess we'll never see them again.” Baby Fuli proudly stated as Beshte gasped upon seeing something along with a rumble from the skies.

A bright and powerful rainbow courtesy of Rainbow Dash which released rainbow colored wave across the Pride Lands that shook and caused the egg to crack as it started to hatch.

“Kion, look at the egg.” Baby Beshte told him.

“Oh, no it's cracked.” Baby Bunga worried they broke it.

“Hevi kabisa! It's not just cracked, it's hatching!” Baby Kion sees what’s really happening as Ono emerges a new-born out of the egg.

“Hapana. “ He said just after being born.

“I remember that day!” Fuli recalled while amazed realizing the connection they have with the girls.

“Me too.” Beshte also remembered.

“I don’t.” Ono returned since he was a newborn at the time.

“We sure showed those hyenas.” Bunga felt pleased upon remembering that day.

“Really?” Rainbow said in amazement. “So not only did the Sonic Rainboom make us realize our special connection but it also had us realize your special connection to us.”

“We all were BFF’s and we didn’t even realize it.” Rarity remarked just as amazed of how far their special bond goes.

“Who would have guessed that?” Beshte could not believe what had happened back then until now.

“Come here, y'all.” Applejack told everyone to get together as all eleven Guard members got together for a group hug.

“AWWW!!!” They all said together as they embraced each other.

“I'm so glad we're friends!”

“I love you, guys!”

Fluttershy and Pinkie expressed their friendly bond with each other as Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle both awed at the sight of their bonding moment while Scootaloo gagged at the sight of what she feels is too much friendly love.

“Ewwww... Gimme a break. Come on, Crusaders! Maybe we just need to try zip lining again.” She tried to leave until being brought in for a group hug much to her dismay.

“Hey. How about a song?” Fluttershy offered as everyone was all on board for the idea.

“Nooooo!” She screamed seeing that as the cherry on the torture cake.

Outside of the bakery, was the cloaked figure watching the scene from the window with narrowed eyes before disappearing.

“Such a very special bond indeed.” He said as he ran off. “What will it take I wonder to break that?”

Later that day, Twilight had Spike wrote of the new lesson she had just learned while making her way to her window while gazing upon the rainbow outside.

“Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned something amazing. Everypony everywhere has a special magical connection with her friends, maybe even before she's met them. If you're feeling lonely and you're still searching for your true friends, just look up in the sky. Who knows? Maybe you and your future best friends are all looking at the same rainbow.”

“Gross! When did you get so cheesy?” Spike commented.

“Just write it, Spike.” She simply returned as she continued reflecting upon what had just transpired.

A very special bond between two groups of friends before they even met and became the newly jointed Pony Guard.

Author's Note:

For this one, it took me quite some time to figure out how to get the Lion Guard and Mane Six's special connection to work out until I came across another flashback scene from Season 3 of the Lion Guard where their teamwork came together for the first time along with their first encounter of Janja and his buddies as they save the egg that had Ono hatch from just as Rainbow's first ever Sonic Rainboom happened.

Personally, where their special talents came to play even before forming the Lion Guard and meeting the Mane Six come crucial and what I find fitting enough for the two groups of friends to have a huge connection felt from between the two worlds even before they all met each other. And it was well worth putting in the time to think about it.

Next up is "Owl's Well That End's Well." as Spike gets an episode focusing on him along with his relationship with Twilight Sparkle.

PreviousChapters Next