• Published 4th Dec 2020
  • 4,032 Views, 145 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 1) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion Guard and The Mane Six both work together to spread the magic of friendship while protecting Equestria and the Pride Lands.

  • ...
3
 145
 4,032

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 25: Stare Master

Episode 25:

Stare Master

At the Canterlot Boutique, Rarity is currently running around very frantic as she tries to get everything together with Ono to assist her.

“Where'd I put that? Ohh, I thought I already...“ Rarity said while her little sister Sweetie Belle, a small young unicorn with white fur, and a curly pink and purple colored mane and tail, watches wanting to do something about it.

“Right here.” Ono handed her a couple buckets of gems before fetching her yarn.

“Ohh, and I can't forget I've got to... oh, how am I ever gonna get this done?” She then stressed as she drops the yarn Ono handed her.

“Are you sure I can't help?” Sweetie Belle offered. “I could…”

“No!” Rariy firmed answered as she ran ahead to fetch more supplies.

“Maybe just a—“ Sweetie tried to speak.

“No thanks!”

“How about—“

“Just stand over there.”

“But—“

“Where you'll be out of the way.” Rarity ushered her to stand aside. “Ribbon, ribbon! Where's the ribbon?!” She wondered as Ono fetches it for her.

“I got it!” Sweetie quickly moved over to where Ono is flying as they eye the same spool of pink ribbon on it to which she insisting on getting from the top shelf from standing on one hoof from a stool while bending over a sewing machine.

“Be careful!” Ono tried to warn her a little too late as even though she managed to reach it she ended up causing a huge mess in her workshop that left everything scattered with the mannequins knocked over, with fabric, paper, and yarn all spread out on the floor.

“Um, I-I'll just go and stand over there, where I'll be... out of the way.” Sweetie Belle said as she decided to do so after seeing that the mess she created before the unicorn could explode in fury at her leaving the poor unicorn sighing as Ono just remains speechless.

The good news after a short amount of time they were able to clean up, the bad news they still have to watch over Sweetie Belle who is currently standing aside while further behind on schedule.

“Won't you at least let me help you clean up?” Sweetie tried to offer to make it up to her.

“No. You've helped me quite enough.” Rarity irritably answered as she picked up the last of the yarn.

“I'm sorry, sis!” She apologized while looking at her blank flank. ”I just thought that if I could help, I might find my special gift and finally earn my cutie mark.”

“I understand. It's just that...” She calmly acknowledged and sympathized as Ono writes up a schedule and plan for her to go on. “I need this time to fill this order without any... complications.” She said as she went to straighten up a mannequin while Sweetie looks down in disappointment. “Okay, all done. Now, back to work. I've lost a lot of time, and I cannot have any more interruptions.” She then moved to working on her sewing machine with Ono watching over until they heard the doorbell ring.

“Oh, what now?!” Ono irritably asked as he moved to answer the door where he is greeted by Fluttershy with a basket in tow.

“Oh, sorry.” She apologized. “I thought the "open" sign meant you were open, but I must have been mistaken.”

“Fluttershy! Forgive me!” Rarity returned with an apology to as she approached her. “I was so wrapped up in my work that I forgot you were bringing Opalescence back from her grooming!”

“No worries, Rarity.” Fluttershy assured her it’s no biggie. “I've left her there in the basket.”

Opal then emerged from her basket with her white fur coat now sparkling and shiny clean.

“Oh, she looks great!” Rarity admired the job she had just did. “I just don't understand how you're able to do it! I can't get near her without getting a swipe from her claws.”

As soon as she moved to get close to her as she nuzzled Fluttershy, she hissed at her owner while nearly slashing her on the cheek.

“Rude.” Ono remarked in annoyance.

“Did you use... the Stare on her?” Rarity worryingly asked.

“The Stare?” Ono questioned very curiously.

“Oh, no! I wouldn't! I couldn't! I-I don't really have any control over when that happens. I-It just happens.” Fluttershy uneasily responded. “No, I'm just good with animals. It's my special gift, you know?” She then focused on the cat giving her affectionate attention as she nuzzled it.

“Well, you should have a picture of Opal as a cutie mark instead of those butterflies.” Rarity said jokingly with a wink at her friend as Sweetie Belle got an idea.

“Ooh, ooh, oh, oh, oh, oh! Maybe I can be good with animals, too!” She suggested to which Opal frowned to her and slashed one of the curls from her mane. “Or not.” She said as the cat evilly smirked in her direction as she turned away to which both Fluttershy and Rarity share a laugh over it.

“Rarity, I’d hate to interrupt but we still have a schedule.” Ono reminded her.

“Right.” Rarity returned as she moved to get back to work. “I'm sorry I can't invite you to stay and chat, Fluttershy. I've bitten off a bit more than I can chew with this order.”

“But you're not eating anything.” Sweetie pointed out.

“No, Sweetie, it's an expression.” Rarity kindly corrected her. “It means that I've taken on more work than I can handle. I've got twenty of these special robes to make tonight! They're due in Trottingham tomorrow morning.”

Rarity and Ono pull out a golden silk fabric to which Fluttershy awed at the sight of the sparkling fabric. “See? I've lined them in a special gold silk. It took so long to make, but I think it adds just the right touch, don't you?”

“These are lovely.” Fluttershy responded as she observed it. “But twenty by tonight? How will you get it all done?” She asked.

“Well, I, uh...” Rarity struggled to explain as Sweetie Belle spoke up.

“Oh, oh, oh! Maybe I could...” She offered until her sister coldly stared at her. “…just... just stand over here and watch.”

“I'll manage.” She assured her. “Plus I’ll have Ono helping me out the whole way.”

“Well, maybe I should get out of your mane so you two can work.” Fluttershy moved towards the door when two other fillies rushed inside.

“Hi, Fluttershy! Hi, Rarity!” The two girls greeted as they ran inside.

“Hello, uh, girls...” Rarity somewhat surprisingly returned.

“Hey, Sweetie Belle!” The two eagerly greeted her.

“Scootaloo! Apple Bloom!” She responded now very happy to see them.

These two filies have known each other recently ever since defending Apple Bloom from Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, two rich and obnoxious ponies known for their high social status, at the former’s Cutie Ceanera Party just because she doesn’t have her cutie mark yet.

Because of the special bond the three share together, they have named themselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders with their number one goal set out to finding out their special cute-mark worthy talents together.

“You ready for tonight?” The orange-furred and purple maned filly asked.

“Yup! Cutie mark planning session is a go!” Sweetie answered with a salute.

“Tonight is the night we each try to find our own special talent.” Apple Bloom announced.

“Even if it takes us all night!” Scootaloo added.

“I'm ready! You ready?” Applebloom asked Scootaloo.

“Very ready!“ Scootaloo answered confidently.

“Cutie Mark Crusader sleepover at Rarity's! Yay!” The three shouted loudly together to the point Ono had to cover his ears while Rarity and Fluttershy cringed at their very loud volume.

“And... look what I made us!” Sweetie Belle showed them a dark red cape with a blue shield and gold patch on it.

“Oh, wow! That's so cool! Oooh!” The two marveled at her creation.

“What does that patch on your cape mean?” Fluttershy asked as she got a good look at it.

“The Cutie Mark Crusaders! Yay!” The three shouted again causing Fluttershy to cringe again.

“We're on a crusade, a mission!” Scootaloo said.

“To find our cutie marks!” Apple Bloom added.

“Yup. And look. I lined them with this special gold silk. It took sooo long to make, but I think it adds just the right touch, don't you?” Sweetie Belle finished as she showed the gold sparkling fabric underneath the cape.

As the other two young ones awed at her creation, Rarity’s eye twitched as Ono’s eyes widen in horror as the former quickly ran over to her sewing table and saw the patches on the gold fabric she was going to use for her order.

“Uh-oh.” Was all Ono could say as Rarity flipped her lid.

“Sweetie Belle! What have you done?” She asked of the nervously smiling filly. “That was the last of the gold silk! Oh, now I'll have to make more! Oh, I hope I can make more. I'm gonna have to work all night! Which means... Sorry, girls, I'm

“What?!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed in shock.

“I just won't have any time to watch you if I want to get these robes delivered on time.” Rarity answered apologetically.

“But—“

“No buts this time. I'm sorry, Sweetie Belle. It's just the way it has to be.”

“Awwww...” The three groaned in disappointment.

“I, uh, I suppose I could take them for the night.” Fluttershy offered as the three perked their heads up hearing this.

“I couldn't ask you to do that.” Rarity responded unsure about that as the three turn to Fluttershy.

“Oh, it's no problem at all.” Fluttershy insisted otherwise.

“Have you met my sister and her friends?” She reminded her. “A problem is all it would be.”

“Did I have a problem with Opal?” Fluttershy brought up. ”You've seen how well I handle small creatures!”

“I suppose that's true... and I do have a lot of work to do...” Rarity acknowledged.

“Come on, it'll be fun.” Fluttershy again insisted to entrust her with this.

“I assure you, they're quite a handful.“ Rarity warned her.

“These sweet little angels?” She said as the three innocently smiled together.

“Well... all right.” She conceded as the three little ones cheered loudly together again.

“Cutie Mark Crusader sleepover at Fluttershy's cottage! Yay!”

The three then all rushed out the door.

“So cute.” Fluttershy complimented as she followed after them. “W-wait for me!”

As soon as they left, Rarity turned to Ono.

“I’m going out to quickly fetch what I need to make this order.” Rarity told him. “In the meantime, be a dear and help organize the place for me so we can get this order done efficiently with swift time, would you?”

“Of course, Rarity.” Ono agreed as they both set out to do so while wondering how Fluttershy’s babysitting venture will turn out.

Outside in Ponyville, the three filies all run ahead while very excited they can still have their sleepover while Fluttershy flies after them.

“Oh, won't this be ever so fun?” Fluttershy thought of the fun they’ll have together. “We can have a nice little tea party, and braid each others' tails, and sit quietly and color, and tell each other fairy tales, and—“

Unfortunately, while she was speaking her mind off the Cutie Mark Crusaders have all ran off far ahead and ended up spinning Twilight as the three stopped at a nearby wishing well.

“Hello, Fluttershy.” She greeted her.

“Oh! Hello, Twilight. Where are you off to?” She asked.

“I'm heading to the Everfree Forest to Zecora's to get some of my favorite tea.” Twilight replied.

“Th-The Everfree Forest?” She shuddered at the very name of the place. “Ah, you'll be careful, won't you?”

“Of course! Kion’s going be there waiting to escort me.” She answered. “Even though I said the same to him I’ll be fine on my own he still insists on not wanting any of us going in there alone. How about you? What are you doing with the girls?”

“Rarity has a big order to fill tonight, so I volunteered to take the girls over to my cottage for a sleepover.” She responded as she landed in front of her.

“Wow. Sounds like everypony has their hooves full today. Taking care of those three fillies all by yourself? You sure you can handle it?”

“What? These sweet little angels? They'll be no problem at all.” Fluttershy assured as the three run up to her while smiling innocently again.

The four then made their way to Fluttershy’s cottage so the young ones can have their sleepover after some time the nighttime sky covered all of Ponyville and Fluttershy has just closed the doors after her to lock up for the night.

Of course given the three hyperactive and energetic antics of the trio they waste no time and rushing over and over from various parts of the home to the next.

“Wow! Look at this place! What's that? Are those chickens?” Scootaloo questioned as Fluttershy begins to wonder how to approach this.

“No... problem at all.” She quickly assured herself before addressing the girls. “Okay, girls, uh, what should we do?”

“I'm gonna get my mark first!” Scootaloo said while ignoring Fluttershy.

“Girls?”

“Nuh-uh!” Sweetie Belle spoke up.

“Should we—“

“I am!” Apple Bloom spoke up as they both ignore their caretaker trying to get their attention.

“Girls, okay, now settle…” Fluttershy tried to gain control of the situation as they inadvertently alarm and wake up Angel from her sleeping spot.

“I'm staying up all night!”

“Me, too!”

“Me, three!”

The three continued to ignore her.

“I-I know you're excited, but— girls…” She sees that they are still ignoring her as they start to get in precarious situations such as sticking their heads in a bird house and standing on a tilting chair to which she is quick to stop them from hurting themselves. “Oh, oh, careful with the— oh, ah, girls—.” She then maintained her composure as she blew aside a strand of loose hair from her mane that got loose back into place. “So! What do you wanna do? Play a game?” She offered something else in an attempt to reign in their excess energy.

“We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders!” Scootaloo replied.

“And we want to crusade for our cutie marks!” Apple Bloom added.

“And, and, and, we, um— yeah! What they said!” Sweetie Belle struggled to come up with something new to say.

“Mmm, I don't know... how about a nice quiet little tea party?” Fluttershy nervously offered instead.

“Or... we could go adventuring in the Everfree Forest!” Scootaloo proposed to which the other two girls immediately liked the idea.

“Yeah!” They shouted as they moved to run out of the house and towards the direction of the forest.

“Oh, no! The Everfree Forest is much too dangerous.” Fluttershy immediately voiced that’s out of the question as she halts them before they can go outside. “It's filled with far too many strange creatures.”

“But you could go with us and we could catch those creatures.” Sweetie Belle pointed out. “We could be, umm... creature catchers!”

“Yay! Cutie Mark Crusader creature catchers!” The three again shouted, further damaging Fluttershy’s hearing before Scootaloo and Apple Bloom don a carpet and basket so they can pose as one of the monsters together.

“Arrrr! I am a dangerous creature from the Everfree Forest! Rrrarr!“ Scootaloo said while making noise as Sweetie Belle decides to play along with it after a moment of confusion.

“Halt, dangerous creature of the Everfree Forest. I am Sweetie Belle, the creature catcher, and I'm here to catch you!”

“You can never catch me! I am far too powerful and dangerous!”

“You cannot run from me!”

“Raaaar!” She said as they starting chasing each other around as Fluttershy again tries to reason with them to calm down before they break something to no avail.

“Um, oh, maybe that's not such a— now, girls, how about we do some nice coloring?“

“Come back, dangerous creature, so I can catch you!”

“Never!”

“Enough!” Ono called out to the girls as he appeared before the three who all immediately stop what they were doing and sit down on their flanks as they obey.

“I know you three are excited and all but you three need to calm down and listen to Fluttershy because for the next twelve hours she is your legal guardian.” He sternly scolded the three. “Now I believe you all have something to say to her.”

“Sorry, Fluttershy.”

Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom all apologized in that order.

“Oh, girls, it's okay. I—“ Fluttershy returned unable to be mad at them before they got another idea in their heads.

“I know! We could be Cutie Mark Crusader carpenters!” Apple Bloom proposed.

“Girls!” Ono again kept up her stern attitude to stop them in their tracks once more.

“Thanks, Ono.” Fluttershy greatly appreciated it. “But what brings you here? Shouldn’t you be helping Rarity?”

“I am.” Ono replied. “Since she is now at the point she doesn’t need my help for the moment I decided to take a little break to fly around for a little while. And since I was out here I thought I drop by to check up on you. To see how babysitting them is going.”

“Well these three are quite a hoof-full.” Fluttershy admitted as she sees the kids bouncing around a lot.

“Indeed.” Ono acknowledged what troubles she is going for. “If I could offer a word of advice, just speak up and assert yourself, tell them you are the boss, and tell them they have to listen to you.”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Affirmative.“ He nodded. “Trust me when I tell you this before they run into something afoul. Your hourse. Your rules.”

“I don’t know?” She voiced uncertainity of imposing this on them. “They’re such sweet little angels.”

The three fillies all innocently smiled again hearing that compliment as they sit on the nearby couch.

“Uh-huh.” Ono returned unconvinced. “Well, if you want them to listen to you just speak up. But for now I gotta go back and check up on Rarity and make sure she isn’t sobbing her heart out like last time.” He said as he moved to fly out. “I’ll drop by and check on you later.” He promised as he flew out the way leaving Fluttershy to tend to the kids alone again.

“Well, now that we've gotten that out of the way, how about a game?” She offered to them.

“A game?” Apple Bloom questioned.

“It's called "Shhh!"”

“What's that?” Scootaloo asked.

“Well, it's a game about who can be quiet the longest.” Fluttershy explained as they all frowned in response. “Sound fun? I'm the world champ, you know. I bet you can't beat me!” She started the game by trying to hold her breath in.

In no time flat, the three immediately saw it as too boring of a game to play.

“I lose!”

“Me too!”

“Me three!”

The three immediately forfeited much to her dismay as they resumed bouncing their ideas around.

“Okay, now what can we do?” Scootaloo asked as she hopped on a chair.

“Oooh! How about Cutie Mark Crusader coal miners?” Apple Bloom proposed as she appeared from under the fire place.

“Yeah!” The girls cheered in agreement.

“No!” Fluttershy protested.

“Awwww!” The girls exclaimed in disappointment.

“I mean, it's time for bed, don't you think?” She then suggested as she calmed herself and brighten her smile as the trio frowned as they walked away. “Aren't you excited to get all toasty and warm in your snuggly-wuggly widdle beds?”

“Snuggly-wuggly? But we have more crusadin' to do!” Apple Bloom responded.

“We've got plans!” Scootaloo added in agreement.

“And capes!” Sweetie Belle added as she unveiled the capes she had made before walking up the stairs courtesy of Fluttershy’s urging.

“Um, okay, um. Maybe the crusading can wait until morning? When it's light? And not so... dark?”

Even though Fluttershy knows of how much they want to find their true special talents, Ono is right. She has to know when to draw the line before they get hurt or worse.

“How are we gonna find our special talent in our sleep?” Apple Bloom asked as Fluttershy blew the nightlight candle out.

“Maybe you'll have a lovely little dream about your special talent.” Fluttershy answered and recommended.

“But we're not even tired!” Scootaloo stated in protest.

“How about I sing you a lullaby?” She offered.

“Mm-hmm, yeah!” They answered together ready to listen to what she has to offer.

“Hush now, quiet now

It's time to lay your sleepy head

Hush now, quiet now

It's time to go to bed.”

She sang as Scootaloo and Apple Bloom started to find it soothing and relaxing.

“I know this one!” She exclaimed.

“Oh, how wonderful! Why don't you sing it with me?” Fluttershy responded and offered as she eagerly hopped out of bed.

“Hush now! Quiet now!

It's time to lay your sleepy head!

Said hush now! Quiet now!

It's time to go to bed!”

She sang a more loud and rock-beat tone of voice.

“Okay Sweetie, that was...” Fluttershy tried to speak to her on deaf ears.

“Driftin' (driftin') off to sleep!

Exciting day behind you!

Driftin' (driftin') off to sleep!

Let the joy of dream land find you!”

“Thank you Sweetie, um...” Fluttershy tried to speak to her which still isn’t getting her to stop as some of her belongings start to fall off of shelfs.

“Hush now! Quiet now!

Lay your sleepy head!

Said hush now! Quiet now!

It's time to go to bed!”

She finished singing as the loud volume ended up waking up the chickens and was heard all the way to Canterlot Boutique which got Ono’s ears perked up upon hearing.

“Looks like it’s time to check up on them again.” Ono said with a resigned tone as he flew out to do so.

“What is that?“ Scootaloo asked as she and the girls got out of bed to see what commotion is going on outside while Fluttershy’s back was turned.

“Girls!” She called out to them from the window.

“Fluttershy, your chickens are on the loose!” Apple Bloom commented on the now awake chickens.

“I wonder what could have caused that...” Sweetie Belle questioned as she is met with glares from the other Crusaders since she obviously did it.

“Don't worry, Fluttershy, the Cutie Mark Crusaders will handle this!” Scootaloo vowed.

“Cutie Mark Crusader chicken herders! Yay!” Sweetie Belle announced as they all happily run off to do so.

“No, I don't think that's a— ah, come back! Please!” Fluttershy softly called out to the girls as they proceeded to play around with them leading to Fluttershy to fly over to the chicken pen to get them to stop.

“Come on, girls, the chickens are fine…” She unsuccessfully called to them before finally taking Ono’s advice and shouted “... girls!”

As soon as she shouted that the girls immediately stopped in their tracks.

“Come on, in you go.” She gently ushered the chickens back inside even going as far as unleashing a powerful and stern glare at the chickens that refused to cooperate which terrified them into submission as they quickly ran inside.

“There's some good chickens.” Fluttershy commented before turning back to the Crusaders. “Okay, you three. Isn't it about time you got into bed?”

“But—“ The three tried to protest.

“Please?” She kindly asked of them to which they all relented without another word as they let her tuck them into bed.

Ono who was just flying over Fluttershy’s cottage happened to witness the whole scene and since it is clear that Fluttershy has this under control for now he decides to fly back over to Rarity’s.

“Well done, Fluttershy.” Ono complimented from afar before flying back.

“So, no more crusading for tonight, all right?” She asked one more time of the girls.

“Yes, Fluttershy!”

“We promise, Fluttershy!”

“Good night, Fluttershy!”

The three girls agreed while quieting eyes as Fluttershy leaves the room.

“Okay, good night.”

As soon as Fluttershy leaves the room, the Cutie Mark Crusaders all opened them ready to resume where they left off.

“Okay, so what kind of crusading do we do next?” Sweetie asked.

“There's not much we can do from this room...” Apple Bloom pointed out. “unless we become Cutie Mark Crusader cottage cleaners.”

“N-no, thanks.” She replied not interested in cleaning.

“Well, we have to think of somethin'.” Apple Bloom brought up. “We can't just waste this opportunity to find out what our special talents are before noticing something outside. ”Hey, girls! Look! Some of the chickens may have escaped!”

“Into the forest!” She pointed out to the opening in the fence along with the chicken tracks on the dirt as they see another opportunity for themselves.

“Cutie Mark Crusaders chicken rescuers are go!” They quietly cheered to avoid alerting Fluttershy as they don their capes and proceed to sneak out of their room.

“It really wasn't that hard...” Fluttershy said to herself as she started to relax and fall asleep on the couch while the kids hid from behind before sneaking out the door as she starts to sleep. “I mean, all I needed to do was just show them who's in charge. Nothing's gonna get past Fluttershy! Good with animals, good with kids.”

As the girls all run outside and into the forest, Scootaloo’s cape got snagged on the fence which had a small portion torn off as Scootaloo is the last to follow.

“Wait up!” She whispered after them.

Sometime later, Fluttershy said to herself in her sleep.

“Mmm, peace and quiet.” She then opened her eyes and gasped as she then thought. “Too quiet.” True to her suspicions they were gone when she flew upstairs to check up on them before flying around outside to the chicken pen. “Girls? Girls?” “Elizabeak! She's missing!” She exclaimed as she noticed one of the chickens is gone. “Girls?!” She called out to them as she notices the trail the kids and the chicken have left behind. “Oh, no!” She said in horror as she realizes what they are doing. “They must have gone looking for my missing chicken! Which means... they must have gone into... “ She emitted a scared gulp. “The Everfree Forest!”

“Those girls have really done it this time! They've really bitten off more than they can chew! Oh, just like me!” She further went on expressing her regrets of how the situation has escalated up to this point. “I never should have offered to watch them.”

Still not giving up on the disobedient girls, she took a deep breath and flew into the forest to follow and find the girls.

“Here, chick-chick-chick-chick-chick! Brawck, bawk-bawk-bawk, brawck!” Apple Bloom called out for the runaway bird while making bird noises.

“What are you doing?” Scootaloo asked in confusion of her approach.

“Callin' for the chicken!” She answered.

“That is not how you call a chicken.” Scootaloo begged to differ there.

“Oh, and you know how to call a chicken?” Apple Bloom questioned back.

“I know that's not the way.” She retorted without an answer.

“Then show me.” She challenged back.

“I don't have to show you!” She assertively responded.

“You're just chicken!” She mocked her.

“Am not!” She said in defense.

“Oh, wait, now I know how to call a chicken!” She then said as she loudly and mockingly called out. “Scootaloo! Scoot-scootalooooo!”

“That's so funny I forgot to laugh.” Scootaloo walked off in a huff unaware a bunch of eyes from the nearby cave have opened up with daggers at the sight of the two foals.

“You also forgot how to call a chicken!” Apple Bloom smugly returned as blew a raspberry in her direction.

“Why, you...” She angrily responded before Sweetie Belle urged them to stop.

“Come on, guys, we're not gonna find the chicken or our cutie marks by arguing.”

“Maybe that's our special talent.” Apple Bloom then thought. “Arguin'!”

“Is not!” Scootaloo argued back.

“Is too!” Apple Bloom returned.

“Is not!”

“Is too! Anything yet?” She then asked while showing her blank flank.

“Nope.“

“Darn.”

The two giggled as a gust of wind blows by.

“Heeeere, chick-chick-chick-chick, baaawk, bawk-bawk-bawk-bawk-bawk-bawk-bawk, b-baaaaawk!“ Apple Bloom further called out to the astray chicken while Fluttershy continues her search for all four of them.

“Girls?” She emitted another gulp. “Girls?” She ducked as the gusty wind blew by. “Oh! Get a hold of yourself, Fluttershy.” She told herself to calm down. “Just put one hoof in front of the other.”

She then accidentally stepped on a twig as she then reacted in fright. “Ahh! What was that?”

She then accidentally bumped her flank against the tree and screamed harder than last time as she ran for her life thinking she bumped into a dangerous creature.

She ran as she saw a familiar figure in the horizon.

“Kion? I-Is that you?” She questioned as she approached him. “Oh, Kion, it is you. Thank goodness you're here. I need your help. The girls are out here somewhere, and I'm afraid that they're—“ She began to explain her situation before the cloud cover cleared the moon light to reveal a startling surprise. “Oh!” She gasped. “What's happened to you?” She asked as she tapped and reacted in horror at what had happened.

Kion has been turned to cold rock stone while postioning himself like he was using the Roar against someone when he was turned to stone.

“Oh, no! If you've been turned to stone, it must mean— oh!” She then came to another horrifying revelation. “Oh no, the girls!” She quickly flew off to save them from the danger they were about to face before uickly flying back briefly to address the petrified lion cub. “Don't move. I'll be back for you. Girls!”

Elsewhere, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom are continuing to argue as Sweetie Belle leads the way in following the chicken’s tracks.

“Is not!”

“Is too!”

“Is not!

“Is too!”

“Girls!” Sweetie shut them up. “Our special talent is not arguing. Besides, what would the cutie mark of somepony whose talent is arguing even look like?”

Before they could answer they heard Fluttershy’s voice call out to them as she flew by.

“Girls? Girls?”

“Fluttershy?” The young ones called out to her just as she landed.

“Girls! Thank goodness I found you!” She said to them in relief

“Fluttershy, what—“ Apple Bloom asked before she interrupts in an urgent one.

“Girls, we have to leave the forest at once!”

“But... we haven't found the chicken yet!” Sweetie Belle pointed out.

“There's no time for that. There's a cockatrice on the loose!” Fluttershy warned them.

“A cocka-what now?” Apple Bloom asked as she was unable to pronounce it.

“A cockatrice! It's a frightening creature with the head of a chicken and the body of a snake.” Twilight suddenly appeared as she ran up to them.

“Twilight?” Fluttershy and the Cutie Mark Crusaders exclaimed in surprise by her unexpected appearance.

“What are you doing here?” Fluttershy asked.

“After I got my tea from Zecora, I was on my way out when Kion escorted me out of the forest, we were on our way out when we ended up encountering the cockatrice.” Twilight explained as she recalled the memory of them fighting off the frightening bird.

“We were able to dodge its attacks and fight it off.” She recalled the memory of the three facing down before Kion locks eyes with the cockatrice before unleashing the Roar against the bird which sent it flying away deep into the forest while turning into stone. “Unfortunately we didn’t realize until Kion got turned into stone of what bird we truly going up against until too late when it had the body of the snake along with the head of the chicken.”

“Oh my.” Fluttershy said in worry.

“The head of a chicken and the body of a snake? That doesn't sound scary, that sounds silly!” Scootaloo dismissed the idea that a creature can look like that as they walked towards the forest instead of away.

“Why, if I ever saw one of them cockathingies face-to-face, I'd laugh at how silly it was.” Apple Bloom dared say in agreement before bumping into Fluttershy who appeared right in front of her path.

“No!” Fluttershy firmly voiced against this. “Never look one in the eye! If you look a cockatrice in the eye—“ She further attempted to explain as the girls drew their focus more on the lost chicken they had just found.

“The chicken!” Apple Bloom voiced as they ran after the bird.

“Girls! Wait!” Fluttershy called after them.

“Stop!” Twilight exclaimed as they ran after them.

“Here, chick-chick-chick-chick-chick!” The girls called after it as they pursue it.

“There he is!” Sweetie Belle pointed out to the chicken as another chicken only with red eyes appear on the opposite bush.

“Two chickens?” Scootaloo questioned in surprise seeing this.

“I thought only one escaped!” Apple Bloom questioned in confusion of why there are two instead of one.

“Grab them both!” Sweetie Belle immediately shouted as they reached to grab them only for Twilight to intercept them and drag them away with her magic.

“How about not!” Twilight exclaimed as she dragged the kids to safety as the cockatrice appears from the bushes before glaring hard at the chicken with its deathly glare that petrified it into stone.

The girls screamed as Twilight carried them to safety but not before accidentally running into the lion statue to which the kids gasped upon seeing their lion friend in this state as Twilight lets the kids free.

“See? Now we have to—“ Fluttershy tried to speak to them until they all panicked again running around and screaming.

“Girls, please. Girls— now listen to me, girls, I— please!” Fluttershy again pleaded with them as the Cockatrice appears ready to attack them as Twilight quickly blasts it away a hundred yards while she and Fluttershy shield their eyes to buy Fluttershy some time as he recovers from the attack while advancing on them.

Remembering Ono’s advice again, Fluttershy then assertively speaks to them.

“Girls! Behind me, now!” She urged them to stop panicking as they did as they were told while Twilight and Fluttershy still have their eyes closed with the former using her magic into restraining the creature while still keeping not shedding a glance at it.

Once the girls were safely behind, Twilight got in front of girls with still closed eyes, and keeping her concentration on keeping the cockatrice in her magical grasp, Fluttershy stepped forward and stood her ground against the cockatrice.

“You! Just who do you think you are, going around turning others into stone?” She scolded the bird as it squawked in dismay of her bravery thinking she is a fool for daring to challenge her while intensifying his glare at her which started turning her into stone. “You should be ashamed of yourself. I have a mind to find your mother and tell her what you've been up to, young man.” As Fluttershy tells him off he squawks in shock now sweating nervously as he doubles down on his efforts to subdue her. “Now you go over there, and turn Elizabeak and my friend Kion back to normal, and don't ever let me catch you doing this again.” She further got in his face as her body as halfway transformed while now completely terrified of the peagsus’s stare so much at his hold on the girl completely vanishes along with the stone encasing as the girls smile in awe seeing her bravery along with Twilight who sees it is safe to look now. “Do you understand me?”

The bird nervously nodded before squawking away in terror after Twilight loosens its grip on the bird.

“Are you girls all right?” She then turned her attention to the girls. “I was so worried!”

“Yeah, fine!” Scootaloo positively responded.

“Thanks to that stare of yours.” Sweetie Belle added.

“You're like the queen of stares.” Scootaloo complimented. “You're the—“

“Stare Master!” The girls all finished together.

“She sure is.” Twilight said in agreement.

“Oh, thanks, Twilight.” Fluttershy thanked with a light blush. “Although you did have a hoof in it by buying me some time there.”

“We're sorry we snuck out of the house and into the forest.” Sweetie Belle apologized for their disobedience.

“Yeah. We'll listen to you from now on.” Apple Bloom sincerely vowed.

“We promise.” Scootaloo stated that they are keeping that vow this time.

“Oh, you do, do you?” Fluttershy replied with a knowing smile. “Well, you better, or I'll give you... the Stare!” She then teasingly yet somewhat seriously warned them with one open eye directed at them.

The girls were spooked by that statement looking on at her in fright until Fluttershy started giggling as the kids along with Twilight join in as Kion walks up to them looking tired and sluggish.

“What... what happened?” He asked as they all turned their attention to the terrified squawking bird that caused all of this burying his head into a hole he had just retreated into. “Oh yeah, that’s what happened.”

Everyone then made their way back to Fluttershy’s cottage to rest of night after ensuring the runaway chicken is safe and sound back in her chicken house before they all went inside to sleep there for the night.

Fluttershy resumed sleeping on the couch while allowing Twilight to sleep with her on the couch. Kion slept on the floor right in front of the bed where the Cutie Mark Crusaders are sleeping.

After everything that had happened that night, they all deserved a good nights sleep.

The next morning, the three girls were are chasing each other around and playing with each other while Kion, Fluttershy, and Twilight sit on purple pillows while the two girls have tea with each other as the unicorn writes down her weekly friendship report with paper and a quill pen.

“And that's when it brought you back from stone.” Fluttershy recalled to the two of them as Twilight writes down that part.

“This is gonna make quite a letter to the princess. I was wrong about you. You certainly do know how to handle those girls.” Twilight said as Fluttershy briefly lowered her ears hearing that.

“Oh, I wouldn't go that far.” She humbly returned.

“Hmm? How so?” Kion asked why.

“I assumed that I'd be just as good with kids as I am with animals.” She explained to them. “Boy, was I wrong. I really learned the hard way not to bite off more than I could chew.”

“You and Rarity both.” Twilight responded as she finished up writing her letter while rolling it up into a scroll with a royal ribbon on it.

“So have I.” Kion admitted. “I should probably do more research on the creatures on the Everfree Forest before continuing escorting others through the forest.”

“It’s okay.” Fluttershy said to him. “Considering you haven’t been here as long as many of us in Ponyville you wouldn’t have known what danger was lurking in there. It could have happened to anyone.”

“That’s true.” Twilight said in agreement. “And we can arrange for a get together with you back at the library so you can learn more about them. Ono has been really learning a lot about them and Equestrian knowledge ever since we’ve started doing so.”

“I will definitely consider that, Twilight.” Kion accepted the offer as Rarity arrived to pick the girls up with Ono arriving too.

“Good morning, Rarity.” Twilight greeted.

“ Did you finish all those capes?” Fluttershy asked.

“Just delivered them.” Rarity sighed in relief. “I have to admit, if Ono hadn’t helped me and if you hadn't come along, I might not have. Thanks again. Both of you.” She thanked them as she nudged her cheek on Flutteshy’s while patting Ono’s head hair to which he slightly grumbled at having his delicate feathers messed with but accepted it since she is a friend of his.

“Won't you stay for some tea?” Fluttershy offered.

“I really must get back to the shop and clean up.” Rarity politely declined as she turned her attention to the children. “Girls! Get your things. Time to go. Girls!” Rarity called for them as they are still too busy running around and giggling. “Girls! Time to— Girls! Your things! Girls! It's time to— Girls!“ Rarity now struggled to deal with them as she started losing her patience with them until Fluttershy stepped forward to take care of it.

“Allow me.” She insisted as she cleared her throat. “Girls?” She kindly called out to them as they all stopped in their tracks and obeyed without question while quickly approaching her.

“Yes, Fluttershy.” Apple Bloom answered.

“You called?” Sweetie Belle responded.

“Go and get your things. Rarity is here to see you home.” Fluttershy said to them.

“Of course, Fluttershy, right away!” Sweetie politely answered as they all set out to do so.

“Ah, huh, ah, how did you... how did you do that?” Rarity said now dumfounded that they were able to listen to her when they didn’t do the same to her as Fluttershy winks to both Twilight, Kion, and Ono.

“I guess I'm just as good with kids as I am with animals.” Flutteshy responded as the Cutie Mark Crusaders all run by with their belongings.

“Thank you, Fluttershy! Bye! Thank you, Stare Master!” They said as they prepared to head home together.

“Impressive. And I can see that you took my advice.” Ono said to her with a matching smile.

“I sure did.”

“Ah, uh, speaking of which, I could use your help with Opal.” Rarity brought up.

“Of course.” Fluttershy accepted. “How about later today?”

“How about now?” Rarity asked while straining as she reveals her pet cat is clinging onto her with her sharp claws.

Twilight and Kion both look surprised as they walk over to Fluttershy as they observed this before they all giggled together in amusement before the animal lover moves to gently usher Opal to remove its grasp from the unicorn.

“Does that happen a lot?” Kion asked while trying to resist the urge to laugh.

“Only when she is fussy.” Ono answered. “And believe me when I tell you unless you are really good with animals like Fluttershy, you are better off not letting her get her claws on you.”

The four chuckle in amusement as Fluttershy manages to get Opal off of Rarity as she finds it annoying that she feels the need to do so every now and them before setting back to the shop with the girls in tow.

Author's Note:

In another CMC episode where Fluttershy babysits the girls after Rarity takes on a heavy order with Ono's help while Kion escorts Twilight through the Everfree Forest.

Ono in the middle of helping Rarity worked some time to give some advice for Fluttershy on assertiveness when they start getting a little too out of control and even checked up on them whenever he had free time.

Kion having a protective streak for his friends is giving them an offer they can't refuse and true to form that happens when a cockatrice runs afoul to which he ends up getting turned to stone when using the Roar against him while saving Twilight in the process.

Good thing, the plot had Fluttershy stumble upon them with Twilight's help forced the bird into submission with her powerful stare while getting the kid's cooperation at the same time.

With the focus on back on the main cast we will be getting into "A Dog and a Pony Show." where Rarity and Bunga will be abducted by diamond dogs in this upcoming episode.

PreviousChapters Next