• Published 4th Dec 2020
  • 4,018 Views, 145 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 1) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion Guard and The Mane Six both work together to spread the magic of friendship while protecting Equestria and the Pride Lands.

  • ...
3
 145
 4,018

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 6: Boast Busters

Episode 6:

Boast Busters

At the Golden Oaks Library, Twilight Sparkle is inside practicing her magic with Spike and Kion watching over as the former challenges her in practicing different spells of magic as the latter watches over her progress and for encouragement for his best friend.

“Come on, Twilight. You can do it!” Spike encouraged her to do her next spell.

“Okay, here goes.” Twilight said as she concentrated her magic on Spike as she makes a mustache appear on his lips.

“Ha ha! Ya did it!” Spike congratulated her as he checks it off the checklist on the nearby clipboard. “Growing magic, that's number twenty-five. Twenty-five different types of tricks and counting. And I think this is the best trick so far.” He commended her success as the unicorn humbly blushes in response.

“Great work, Twilight!” Kion also commended. “You sure are the Princess’s protégé for a reason cause you have the talent of a true prodigy.”

“Aww, thanks.” She thought nothing of it as they turn their attention to Spike looking at himself in the mirror.

“Hello, Rarity. What's that? Aw, it's nothin', just my awesome mustache.“ He said to himself as he twirled his mustache as Twilight and Kion chuckle in amusement.

“Sorry, Romeo. As attractive and enticing as you look, it's just for practice, and it's gotta go.” Twilight told him as she worked her magic in removing it.

“Wait!” Spike called out a second too late as he sees the mustache is now gone. “Aw, rats!“ He said in defeat as the other two continue to laugh in amusement.

The three after Twilight was done practicing her magic then make their way into town and one thing for sure as Celestia’s star student, Spike wastes no time in talking about it to show that she has proven that for a very good reason.

“Twenty-five, Twilight. Twenty-five different kinds of tricks and counting.” Spike could not stop gushing of her accomplishment. “I thought unicorns were only supposed to have a little magic that matches their special talents!”

“True, for ponies whose talents are for things like cooking or singing or math. But what if a unicorn's special talent is magic?” Twilight returned as she thought of another question in mind.

“Like you, Twilight, and you know a ton of magic.” Spike returned.

“Oh, Spike, stop.” She insisted him otherwise. “I'm sure there are lots of ponies right here in Ponyville that know just as much magic as me.”

“Are you kiddin'?” Spike begged to differ. “I don't think there's another unicorn in all of Equestria with your kind of ability, Twilight. Or another lion with a special roar.” He said as he turned to the lion in question.

“True, but great power comes a great responsibility and there are some ponies and other lions could prove to be as capable as I am.” Kion acknowledged and brought up to make a point.

As the three walked together two shorter unicorns come running towards them. The tall and skinny one has pumpkin orange fur, an aqua green mane and tail, a snail cutie mark, while the shorter and chubby one has light green-blue fur, orange mane and tail, with a scissors cutie mark.

“Gangway! Comin' through!” The taller unicorn announced as Spike winds up getting snagged and carried away as Kion and Twilight barely dodge their charge.

“Augh! Snips, Snails! What's goin' on?” Spike asked of them as they came to stop as he winds him flying away from the sudden halt.

Fortunately, Twilight quickly used her magic to save Spike before he can crash into anything.

“Wha, haven't you heard?” Snips questioned.

“About what?” Kion asked.

“There's a new unicorn in town!” Snails answered.

“Yeah! They say that she's got more magical powers than any other unicorn ever!” Snips added.

“Really?” Twilight asked in surprise.

“Aw, no way, that honor goes to Twilight here.” Spike retorted as she blushes and casts an aside glance as she smiles.

“Where is this unicorn?” Twilight asked of them.

“Ho, she's in the town square. Come on!” Snails answered as he led the way.

“Yeah! Come on! Whooo!” Snips said as he followed after his friend.

“This should be interesting.” Kion remarked as they follow after the two.

The three make their way to the town square where every pony and the rest of their friends are all having their eyes locked on small yellow cart with a red roof with a purple flag with a blue crescent moon on it.

“Come one, come all! Come and witness the amazing magic of the Great and Powerful Trixie!” The mare herself announced to everyone as Twilight, Kion, and Spike make their way to the front of the crowd.

“Ooh!” The audience said already feeling amazed as a stage opens up in front of the cart and with a flash of sparkling magic the proclaimed magician herself appears before everyone’s eyes.

A mare with blue fur, a light ice blue and white mane and tail, with a matching colored crescent moon with a magic wand in the middle cutie mark, purple eyes similar to Twilight’s, with a matching cape and hat with blue and yellow stars on them.

“Watch in awe as the Great and Powerful Trixie performs the most spectacular feats of magic ever witnessed by pony eyes!” She announced as fireworks went off behind her.

“My, my, my! What boasting!” Rarity remarked feeling her confidence coming off with an over-sized ego.

“I know just listening to her is annoying enough.” Fuli remarked in agreement.

“Come on, nopony's as magical as Twi— Twi— Twi— Oh!” Spike tried to bring up as he suddenly sees himself eye to eye with his crush. “Hey, Rarity, I, uh…” He fumbled with his words until he screamed before running away. ”…Mustache!”

“There's nothing wrong with being talented, is there?” Twilight asked her friends.

“Of course not.” Beshte kidnly returned.

“Nothin' at all, 'cep'n when someone goes around showin' it off like a school filly with fancy new ribbons.” Applejack answered.

“And walking around thinking she is better than everyone else.” Ono said as he rolled his eyes in annoyance as they witness her magically conjure up a bouquet of roses.

“Just because one has the ability to perform lots of magic does not make one better than the rest of us.” Rarity said in agreement to which Twilight’s ears lowered feeling put down by that comment to which Kion took notice of.

“Especially when ya got me around being better than the rest of us.” Rainbow proudly boasted which earned herself a glare from the farm pony next to her as if it is not helping things. “Heh... Uh, I mean, yeah, uh, magic shmagic. Boo!”

“Well, well, well, it seems we have some neighsayers in the audience.” Trixie said as she overheard their conversation as she turned her attention to the Guard. “Who is so ignorant as to challenge the magical ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie? Do they not know that they're in the presence of the most magical unicorn in all of Equestria?” She further boasted as Rarity blew a raspberry in response.

“Just who does she think she is?” She asked her friends.

“Yeah! Since we all know that Twilight here is…” Spike attempted to vouch for Twilight only for the latter to shush him with her hoof.

“Spike! Shhh!” She silenced him before quickly escorting him from the crowd so she can talk to him in private.

“What? What's wrong?” Spike asked.

“You see the way they reacted to Trixie? I don't want anyone thinking I'm a show-off.” Twilight answered as she expresses her fear of being labeled as one even if she has reason to put her in her place.

As Trixie shows of her dazzling stage magic, Rainbow and Bunga get riled up enough to actually challenge the unicorn.

“So, "Great and Powerful Trixie". What makes you think you're so awesome, anyway?” Rainbow asked of why she is such a bragger.

“Heh, why, only the Great and Powerful Trixie has magic strong enough to vanquish the dreaded Ursa Major!” Trixie smugly answered as she used her magic to make an image of an Ursa Major appear as the crowd marvels in amazement at her magical display as fanfare and fireworks followed.

“What?” Snips said in stunned amazement.

“No way!” Snails said just as stunned as the rest of the Guard has confused expression as they have no idea what an Ursa Major is.

“Impossible.” Fuli muttered under her breath.

“When all hope was lost, the ponies of Hoofington had no one to turn to, but the Great and Powerful Trixie stepped in, and with her awesome magic, vanquished the Ursa Major and sent it back to its cave deep within the Everfree Forest!” Trixie further went on as an image of her waves her wand to vanquish her as pictured.

“Saw, sweet!” Snips and Snails cheered for her.

“That settles it.” Snips voiced his thoughts.

“Trixie truly is the most talented, the most magical, the most awesome unicorn in Ponyville.” Snails further praised the head up high magician.

“No, in all of Equestria!” Snips added.

“How do you know? You didn't see it!” Spike called horse crud to that claim. “And besides, Twi…” He again tried to state that Twilight would put her to shame only for the unicorn to zip his mouth shut again. ”Mmph! M-mmph!”

“It's true, my enthusiastic little admirers. Trixie is most certainly the best in Ponyville.“ Trixie further bragged as no one up front looks impressed.

“Impossible!” Bunga shot back. “There is no way you could defeated a creature that big on your own!” He called her bluff as he got up on the stage to confront her.

“Trixie sure most certainly did, little honey badger.” Trixie replied as she simply flicked him on the nose with her hoof while using her magic to toss him back onto the ground in front of Kion as he angrily looks on at the smug unicorn for tossing aside his friend like that.

“Don't believe the Great and Powerful Trixie?“ Trixie returned to him as Kion helped him up. “Well then, I hereby challenge you, Ponyvillians.” She challenged the crowd as the ponies and the Guard look on with disdain for the unicorn magician. “Anything you can do, I can do better. Any takers? Anyone? Hmm? Or is Trixie destined to be the greatest equine who has ever lived?!” She then declared as more fireworks and fanfare occurred behind her as Spike unzips his mouth.

“Please! She's unbearable! Ya gotta show her! Ya just gotta!” Spike begged on his knees for her to step up and face her.

“There's no way I'm going to use my magic now, Spike. Especially since our friends frown upon showoffs.” Twilight whispered as Trixie looks around for potential opponents.

“Hmm, how about you?” She said as she eyed Twilight who nervously gulped in response. “Well, how about it? Hm? Is there anything you can do that the Great and Powerful Trixie can't?

“I…I…” Twilight stammered nervously as the magician turns to her friends.

“Well, little hayseed?” She pointed in the cowgirl’s direction who has already had enough of her attitude.

“That's it! I can't stand for no more of this!” Applejack decided to step up to the challenge as Bunga joins by her side.

“Me neither!” Bunga also showed his bravery in facing the arrogant unicorn.

“You show her, AJ! You too, Bunga!” Spike encouraged them as they both got up on the stage.

“Can your magical powers do this?” Applejack challenged her as she used her lasso and twirled it around her tail while performing a series of tricks before using it to lasso an apple towards her mouth as Bunga standing beside her performs the moves in perfect sync with the farm pony.

The crowd cheered for them after their performance.

“Way to go, Little B, AJ!” Beshte called out to the two brave challengers.

“Top that, missy.” Bunga returned as he had his head up proudly along with Applejack who shared the same posture.

“Oh ye of little talent. Watch and be amazed at the magic of Trixie!” Trixie nonchalantly returned as she worked the magic on her horn while removing her hat.

She used her magic to make the lasso come alive like a snake to tie both Applejack and Bunga up together with one end while using the other end to shove two apples up their mouths.

The audience still ended up cheering over that display of magic as the two tied up duo hops off the stage as Kion heads on over to help them.

While Kion was able to untie the two and remove the apple from Beshte’s mouth, Bunga of course was able to eat his no problem.

“Are you two okay?” He asked them.

“Yep, just a little tied up.” Applejack replied.

“Man, that pony has some nerve.” Bunga also replied as he took the apple Kion had just pulled out of Applejack mouth’s and bit right into it as the others nearby cringed in disgust. “What?” He asked everyone while oblivious to what he just did while he is munching the apple covered with pony spit.

“Once again, the Great and Powerful Trixie prevails.” Trixie again proudly boasted as Rainbow takes a turn in showing her how it is.

“There's no need to go struttin' around and showin' off like that.” Rainbow told her off as she got up in the unicorn’s face while challenging her.

“Oh?” She replied while silently commending them for stepping up.

“That's my job!” Rainbow added as she flew up towards a windmill, shot upwards towards the multiple clouds up ahead and right through them while proudly smiling over the sun’s shadow, before flying back the way she flew up creating rain drops from those skies, before skidding to a complete stop with a rainbow appearing over his head. “They don't call me "Rainbow" and "Dash" for nothin'!”

The audience cheered for her as the rainbow shines over her although it wasn’t enough for Trixie to back off.

“When Trixie is through, the only thing they'll call you is loser.”

Trixie then worked her magic in having the rainbow created swirl around the blue peagsus entrapping her in a rainbow twister that rapidly spins her around and off the of the stage.

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa-a-a-a!” She screamed before being left with her eyes spinning very dizzy. “I think I'm gonna be sick.”

“Seems like anypony with a dash of good sense would think twice before tussling with the Great Trixie.” Trixie said as Applejack helped Rainbow up before sending lightning from a dark cloud formed from her magic right at the peagsus.

“Ow!” Rainbow exclaimed in pain as the crowd laughed at her.

However, Fuli now wasn’t taking her showboating lying down as she takes the stage next and surprises her with a dust twister of her own as she uses her super speed to run circles around the unicorn leaving her spinning around with her eyes very dizzy once the dust settled.

“Whoa, Whoa!” She screamed as she spun around until the tornado died down leaving Trixie eye spinning in the similar manner she did to Rainbow Dash.

“Hmm.” Fuli smugly said as she loomed over the dazed unicorn. “And if I were you I think twice before messing with the fastest since she is not the only one who can perform and run with super speed.

“Not bad, little kitten.” Trixie said as she recovered while still not humbled enough. “But watch this.” She returned as she used her magic and create a set of spinning circles before making Fuli’s paws to having them running in place before placing her paws in them before sending her running away from the crowd.

“Whoa!” Fuli screamed as she is pulled away by the unicorn’s magical force at super speed.

The crowd of ponies laughed as her friends however still didn’t laugh or have any pleasure seeing that especially Kion as they didn’t find it very funny as Ono flies over to confront the arrogant magician after whispering something to Fluttershy as she sneaks away.

"So you like to play dirty huh?" Ono dared his luck against her. "Well, think maybe you can try step over here and say that to my face."

"Oh it is on." Trixie smirked back at him as he advanced on the egret yet suddenly finds herself smacked in the face by a pie to which everyone laughs at her.

"Looks like you just got whipped." Ono remarked to the humiliated unicorn as she growls in response as she wipes the cream off of her face.

Trixie then looks around and sees Fluttershy nervously poking her head from behind the stage.

Seeing that Ono distracted her so he could have Fluttershy pie her in the face she then created a magical illusion of a shadow figure with pink eyes, large wings, and antlers on his head to eerily moan at the peagsus from behind.

"RUN!" She screamed as she ran off ahead as Ono turns around confused at what and why she is running away until he sees the figure in question.

"Why? Whoa! Hapana!" He screamed as he and Fluttershy ran for the hills as fast as they could fly away.

Once the two were gone the illusion disappeared as Trixie proudly watches on as the others glare at her for what she had just did.

“What we need is another unicorn to challenge her. Someone with some magic of her own.” Spike called for someone who can match her talent while again hinting for Twilight to step up to the challenge.

“Yeah! A unicorn to show this unicorn who's boss.” Rainbow immediately supported the idea in agreement.

“A real unicorn to unicorn tussle.” Applejack added as Twilight still is hesitation to step up to the challenge.

“Yeah, yeah, come on.” Bunga encouraged Twilight as she points at the showoff up ahead. “Show her how it’s done. She’s asking for it.”

“Uh...”

“Enough. Enough, all of you.” Rarity spoke up thinking they are referring to her. “I take your hint, but Rarity is above such nonsense. Rainbow Dash and Applejack may behave like ruffians, but Rarity conducts herself with beauty and grace.”

“Ooo, what's the matter? Afraid you'll get a hair out of place in that rat's nest you call a mane?” She goaded the fashionista into challenging her.

“Oh, it. Is. On!” She accepted after hearing that insult as she steps up onto the stage. “You may think you're tough with all of your so-called powers, but there's more to magic than your brutish ways.” She said as she used the stage curtain to create a new dress while styling her mane. “A unicorn needs to be more than just muscle. A unicorn needs to have style.”

“Ooh!” The crowd said as Rarity poses for everyone.

“A unicorn is not a unicorn without grace and beauty.”

Trixie, however, having another idea as she develops a mischievous smile as she works her magic on her.

“Rarity won't let Trixie get the best of her!” Spike backed her up. “She's strong, she's beautiful, she's…”

"Hapana!" Ono reacted with wide eyed shock after regrouping with gang as Fluttershy hides behind a nearby bush.

His words were then stopped as everyone gasps in shock as Trixie worked her magic on Rarity while he himself reacts with horror to what Trixie had just done.

“Quick! I need a mirror! Get me a mirror! What did she do to my hair? I know she did something terrible to my hair!” Rarity screamed and squealed in distress.

“Nothing.” Twilight answered to avoid her having a freak out.

“It’s beautiful.” Beshte answered with wide eyed shock.

“It's fine.” Rainbow added.

“It's gorgeous.” Applejack complimented.

“Definitely your color.” Kion added with a forced smile.

“I don’t know.” Bunga added not sure what to make of it.

“It's green.” Spike honestly answered which earned glares from those who tried to keep quiet about it. “What?”

“Ugh, no. Green hair! Not green hair!” Rarity cried as she looked at her green colored hair which was shaped as a bird’s nest while colored like grass. “Such an awful, awful color!” She ran off feeling very humiliated as Fuli rejoins the crowd while passing by a mare who has a green hair color on her mane and tail.

“Well…” Fuli said in offense as she herself has green eyes.

“…I never.” The mare also said in offense before looking the opposite direction in huff.

“Well Twilight, guess it's up to you. Come on! Show her what you're made of.” Spike again insisted to her as she gestured to the unicorn blowing on her hoof while rubbing it on her chest

“What do you mean? I'm nothing special.” Twilight denied as the Guard looks concerned as if she was acting like a different pony.

“Yes, you are! You're better than her!” Spike again pushed her into facing her.

“I'm not better than anyone.” Twilight hastily asserted otherwise as her confidence cracked as Trixie took notice of it.

“Hah! You think you're better than the Great and Powerful Trixie?” She pounced on the opportunity to humiliate another victim. “You think you have more magical talent? Well, come on, show Trixie what you've got. Show us all.” She challenged her as she nervously gulped.

“Who, me? I'm just your run-of-the-mill citizen of Ponyville. No powerful magic here.” She hastily declined. “I, uh... I think I hear my laundry calling. Sorry, gotta go.” She then said as she quickly fled the scene much to the Guard’s surprise as this is very unlike of her not to step up to the challenge like that.

“Twilight?” Spike could only say in her direction.

“Ha! Once again, the Great and Powerful Trixie has proven herself to be the most amazing unicorn in all of Equestria.” Trixie smugly said in triumphant. “Huh, was there ever any doubt?”

“Oh yes!” Kion called out not buying her horse crud for one second. “Aside from ruining and humiliating others for your own pleasure have you really faced off against an Ursa Major?”

“Of course I have.” Trixie returned. “What do you think I did?”

“You want to know what I think?” Kion said back. “I think you’re lying.”

The crowd gasps as Trixie took offense to that claim.

“Trixie never lies.” Trixie asserted otherwise as she glared at the lion for daring to trying to call her bluff.

“Then prove it!” Kion retorted. “I dare you to show us exactly how you fought off an Ursa Major!”

“Oh you can’t be serious.” Trixie tried to call his bluff.

“Oh, I’m serious.” Kion said not backing off as he marched right up to her face. “Show everyone of how you fought of an Ursa Major and prove you are what you say and then I will take it all back.”

“Never.” Trixie refused as she turned away. “Trixe’s not stupid enough to endanger an entire town to make a point.”

“Fine.” Kion just let's it be. “But know that nothing lasts forever and that your own showboating arrogance will bring you down in the end.”

As soon as Kion said what he needed in his friend’s defense he walks ahead without breaking stride as his friends follow suit as the crowd disperse with Spike shooting an angered glare with crossed arms sticking behind as he sees Snips and Snails kiss up to Trixie.

“Ugh! The nerve of that unicorn!” Bunga voiced his disgust towards this boating showoff from out of town.

“I know.” Ono said with a roll of his eyes. ”Just how can other ponies even believe and cheer her on for making fools out of us.”

“You guess is as good as mine.” Fuli irritably replied as she shook her legs around as if they are still running. “I can still feel my legs like I have no control over them.”

“Well one thing’s for sure is that this Trixie pony has no respect for anybody.” Beshte said as he turned to Kion who had something on his mind.

“She sure doesn’t.” Kion said while looking more confused and concerned than annoyed with Trixie.

“You okay, Kion?” Beshte asked him as he could tell something is bothering him.

“I’m fine.” Kion answered as his expression didn’t change. “It’s just, is it me or did anyone notice of how Twilight was hesitant to face off against that unicorn?”

“I saw her.” Bunga said as he too wondered what happened with her back there. “And that was strange she didn’t take her up on that. She would have put her in her place in six seconds flat, nine at tops.”

“I know right!” Rainbow said with the same thoughts. “Why didn’t she?”

“I’m guessing because she thought she would seen as a show-off if she did even if was for the right reasons.” Kion answered.

“What?” Applejack voiced in disbelief. “What makes her think that?”

“Aside from seeing Trixie like seeing a side she doesn’t like about herself maybe the fact that you two implied that doing so would make her as bad as Trixie.”

“When did we…” Rainbow tried to argue before remembering what they said before the show. “Oh you mean just earlier?"

Rainbow then had no words to say as Applejack could only look aside while scratching her left hoof with her right as she realized she made an insensitive mistake without realizing it.

“Oh boy.” Applejack said now very guilty too. “When we said that we meant as it’s fine that everyone has a special talent and its fine to show it here and there but not to the point one has to go and show it all the time just to make a point.”

“I mean sure I like to brag of how awesome I am but I only show it when the situation calls for it.” Rainbow then added as she and Applejack share a look of what they need to do for the next time they see her. “We didn’t mean to discourage her.”

“I know you two didn’t.” Beshte understood as Kion went ahead in the direction of the library. “She just needs to be told that herself.”

“Which is exactly what I’m going to do.” Kion vowed as he went ahead to where he would find the unicorn as he went knocked on the door as Twilight answered the door. “Twilight?”

“Yes?”

“Doing okay?”

“Of course. Why wouldn’t I be?” She asked as if it were a trick question.

“Maybe because of how you reacted back there when that unicorn Trixie challenged you and weren’t too keen on standing up to her.” Kion returned with an uneasy expression.

“Because I didn’t want too.” Twilight said as she focused on the book she was reading.

“Why not?” Kion pressed with his best friend to be honest with him.

“Didn't you see how they hated Trixie's bragging, Spike? If I go out there and show off my magic, I run the risk of losing them as friends.” Twilight answered.

“But it wouldn’t be in this case.” Kion tried to reach out to her. “It's not the same thing, Twilight. You'll be using your magic to stand up for your friends!”

“I don’t think so, Kion.” Twilight’s thoughts on the matter still refuse to change. “It’s still the same thing.

“No it wouldn’t.” Kion still pressed on. “Remember when we dealt with Makuu just after he took over. When I didn’t want to fight him you stood up to him and showed him what for with your magic to put him in his place to remind him that he will cooperate with the balance of the Circle of Life.”

“That’s true.” Twilight acknowledged.

“Plus, that was pretty funny seeing him get slapped in the face like that.” Kion stifled a chuckle as they both briefly laugh at the memory. “Point is its okay when it’s defending your friends and putting others who deserve it in their place.”

“Exactly” Spike added as he came inside for further encouragement. “You’re the best! Any one of these tricks, even the teeniest, would be enough to put Trixie in her place.”

“I still don’t know.” Twilight replied while getting what they are trying to tell her. “I just can’t risk ruining the friendships I have already gained.” She added as she conjured up a door to appear in the middle of the room just so she can open and close it.

“Twilight…” Spike tried again to speak as she still looked at her book downcast. “At least reconsider for your best friends.”

“Please just let me concentrate on my work.”

“Okay.” Kion respected her wishes while turning to Spike. “Let’s go, Spike.”

“Okay.” Spike relented as he turned to leave and close the door behind him only to realize that he made his exit through the wrong door and headed towards the real exit door as Twilight sports an unimpressed expression throughout this moment. “Whoops. Wrong door.”

As the two decide to give Twilight some breathing room, the look on the unicorn’s face make’s it clear that they are right and she had to be reminded of the crocodile debacle of the fine line between bragging and defending others.

Later the two were both walking through Ponyville, while seeing that Twilight is still in deep thought as Spike looks more disappointed.

“I just don’t get it!” Spike could not understand. “Why is it so hard for her to know the difference and that there is nothing to be afraid of?”

“Probably because she still feels no matter what she does it won’t make a difference and felt we were pressuring her into doing something against her will.” Kion could only answer. “But she’ll come around like she has for me.” He then said with confidence she'll pull through in the end.

“I hope so.” Spike returned just as they hear screaming in front of them.

It was Snips and Snails running away in a panic.

“Hey, guys, where ya goin'?” Spike asked the two as they run past them

“Can't talk now.” Snips replied.

“Got a major problem!” Snails added.

“Yeah, Ursa Major, to be exact.” Snips added as said creature appears before them.

This creature was huge, had blue night-sky colored fur, over 50 feet tall with red eyes of glaring anger as he roared at them taking Kion by surprise while Spike looks on in horror.

“Huh?” Spike said in confusion before reacting with shock. “Yikes!“

“Go get Twilight!” Kion told the dragon as he stood his ground. “Warn the Guard!”

“But Kion…” Spike tried to protest out of fear for his safety.

“Go!” Kion commanded him. “’l’ll try to buy everyone some time.”

Spike is still scared and hesitant but upon seeing the giant immediately scrambled away along with Snips and Snails.

“Trixie!” The two called out as they ran.

“Twilight!” Spike called out as he made his way back into town.

Kion stayed behind as he and the Ursa Major locked eyes before the latte makes the first move by trying to swipe his face with his giant claws to which he barely dodged. He then ducked under the bear’s legs to cause him to lose his balance and fall over. The bear growled in response as he gets back up on his feet as Kion climbs up the nearby tree and unleashes a bare claw right at his face thus barely leaving light scratches on him.

Unfortunately, the bear due to its massive size was able to quickly recover and grab the young lion and tossed him all the way back over to Ponyville while screaming as he is sent flying away.

“Twilight! You've gotta come! Quick!” Spike urgently told Twilight.

“I already told you, Spike, I don't wanna show up Trixie!” Twilight returned still paying no attention to the request again.

“No, you don't understand, it's…” Spike tried to explain as they hear the sound of roaring along the sounds of shattered glass as Kion flies inside the library and crashed into the shelf of books while screaming as he crashes.

“Kion!” Twilight urgently rushed over to him as she helped him out of the pile before focusing her attention on the loud roar.

“Uh, is that what I think it is?” Twilight asked the two as Kion got up on his feet.

“Majorly.” Spike answered as Kion nods his head in agreement as the three head on over to where the Ursa Major while fetching the rest of their friends are.

Elsewhere, as Trixie finds herself facing said creature as the two unicorns that brought him here cower behind her.

“Great and Powerful Trixie, you've got to vanquish the Ursa.” Snips urged her to do so.

“Yeah, vanquish so we can watch.“ Snails further encouraged her.

“It took a lot of trouble to get that thing here.” Snips added.

“Wait, you brought this here?” Trixie said in shock that they are so stupid enough to actually endanger the entire town. “Are you out of your little pony minds?”

“But, you're the Great and Powerful Trixie.” Snips cluelessly responded.

“Yeah, remember? You defeated an Ursa Major.” Snails added as the creature roared right in their faces.

“Uh, okay.“ Trixie nervously stepped up to back up her claim with a small scared gulp. “Stand back.”

She worked her magic and made a rope appear from a nearby vase and tied it around him.

“Heh. Piece of cake.” Trixie said in relief.

But of course it did little to stop him since the rope only tied up his fingers to which he smirked as he snapped the rope of as he pulled his fingers apart.

“Aw, come on, Trixie.” Snips said in disappointment.

“Stop goofin' around and vanquish it, eh?” Snails urged her to put more effort.

Trixie seeing that she has to step it up here conjures up dark clouds to make lightning appear to try to scare it away.

But it wasn’t enough to scare it away as it didn’t twitch in the slightest.

“Well, that was a dud.” Snails commented.

“Yeah, pfft, come on! Where's all the cool explosions and smoke and stuff like earlier? You know.” Snips questioned as another lightning bolt strikes the giant in the back.

Needless to say it did little damage to hinder him as it just left black mark on his skin as he roared in rage leaving the three to retreat as he followed after him.

As the Ursa Major made it’s way into town all of the ponies screamed in a panic as the Lion Guard and the Mane Six all got together.

“Lion Guard, Girls, calm them down!” Kion ordered the team as they all ran off to do so.

“You got it Kion!” Fuli returned as she focused on her immediate task.

As Kion, Twilight, and Spike did their part they also came across Snips and Snails who are just standing like they are watching a show.

“What's going on?” Twilight asked them.

“We brought an Ursa to town.” Snips proudly answered as he and his partner sporting a look that matches their proud posture.

“You did what?!” Kion shouted in angered shock.

“Don't worry.” Snails assured them despite evidence to the contrary. “The Great and Powerful Trixie will vanquish it.”

“I can't.” She nervously admitted.

“What?!” The idiotic duo reacted in shock.

“Surprise, surprise.” Kion dully remarked as he saw that coming.

“Oh, I can't, I never have. No one can vanquish an Ursa Major. I just made the whole story up to make me look better.”

“Made it up?!” The two further voiced their surprise as they all meet face to face with the giant as he stood up on two legs as Twilight has her eyes and teeth shaving and quivering in fear at the sight of the giant bear who lets loose another roar as the ponies further scream in panic despite the Guard’s best efforts to calm them down.

“Everyone calm down!” Fuli yelled out to them as they are all frozen in fear at the sight of him.

“I can do this.” Kion said to himself as he prepared to try to use the Roar on him.

“Wait, let Twilight handle this!” Spike insisted from trying to use the Roar’s power against someone who could withstand it while urging to her that Ponyville need’s the true magical prodigy to come to everyone’s rescue as she emits a loud gulp before working the courage to stand her ground in front of him.

She works her magic in creating gusty winds which created a lullaby tune which soothed the creature to get him to feel more calm and sleepy.

“Nice use of number sixteen.” Spike announced while looking very impressed as well as Kion and the rest of the Lion Guard.

“Hevi Kabisa!” Kion said as he looks stunned yet impressed as Twilight increases her power by summoning a nearby water tower dumped out the water before sending into the nearby farm barn where multiple cows got milked out after a series of quick moo’s until the tower is filled up to the top to serve as a milk bottle for the Ursa Major.

“That's new.” Spike commented that this is a first as Twilight further grunts as she increases her concentration to keep the giant sleepy.

“I just hope all of those cows are okay.” Kion said as he notes that was a lot of milk she put into that water tower.

The Ursa Major feeling drowsy near falls on Trixie who braces herself for impact but thankfully Twilight who is now gripping tight on the ground while putting more and more effort in her concentration as she gets back up to lift the now sleeping giant off of the ground while giving him the tower for him to drink his milk like a baby as she levitates the creature up and away from Ponyville and back into it’s home in the cave he was sleeping in.

Once he back and asleep inside his cave, Twilight ceased her use of magic as she panted for a second to catch her breath as everyone cheers for her accomplishment.

“Poa!” Beshte voiced his amazement.

“Unbelievable!” Rainbow remarked.

“Uh more like, Un-bunga-leivable!” Bunga said it’s more than that.

“Hapana!” Ono added with wide-eyed shock and amazement.

“That was amazing!” Spike commended her.

“Heavens to Betsy! We knew you had ability, but not that much!” The farm pony congratulated her talents.

“I'm sorry. Please, please don't hate me.” Twilight quickly replied as she prepared herself for the worst.

“Hate you?” Applejack, Rainbow, and Rarity questioned in surprise.

“Why, whatever do you mean, darling?” Rarity asked in confusion.

“Well, I know how much you all hated Trixie's showing off with her magic tricks, and I just thought…” Twilight explained as Rainbow immediately cut her off.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Magic's got nothing to do with it. Trixie's just a loudmouth.”

“Most unpleasant.” Rarity added with emphasis and disdain for her.

“All hat and no cattle.” Applejack also added.

“So, you don't mind my magic tricks?” Twilight asked.

“Your magic is a part of who you are, sugarcube, and we like who you are. We're proud to have such a powerful, talented unicorn as our friend.” Applejack explained as she approached the unicorn ready to apologize. “Though having said that on behalf of all us three, we apologize for making you feel that way without realizing it.”

“And after whuppin' that Ursa's hindquarters, we're even prouder.” Rainbow said to encourage her.

“You are?” Twilight returned feeling pleased to hear that as the three agree.

“Uh-huh.

“Mm-hmm.”

“Mm-hmm.”

“Wow, Twilight, how'd you know what to do with that Ursa Major?” Spike wondered of how she knew the best way to deal with him.

“And how you knew that was the best approach?” Kion also added as he asked.

“That's what I was doing when you two came looking for me. I was so intrigued by Trixie's bragging that I was compelled to do a little reading up on them.” Twilight answered.

“So it is possible to vanquish an Ursa Major all by yourself?” Spike questioned if this is true.

“That wasn't an Ursa Major. It was a baby, an Ursa minor.” Twilight corrected him.

“That was just a baby?” Trixie commented in surprise hearing this.

“And it wasn't rampaging. It was just cranky because someone woke it up.” Twilight further continued while she and Kion glare at the two for nearly endangering the entire town.

“Awww...” The two said together in shame as everyone joins in on the angry glaring.

“Well, if that was an Ursa Minor, then what's an Ursa Major like?” Spike asked with a horrified thought on his mind as said creature who is cuddling her child is much larger with purple fur and long bared claws and razor sharp teeth similar to a saber-tooth tiger’s.

“You don't wanna know.” Twilight answered. “Definitely something that even the Roar would do very little damage if an Ursa Minor could withstand its powerful blast.”

The Guard all shuddered as the thought sent chills through their spines as they pictured it in their heads.

“Huh. You may have vanquished an Ursa minor…” Trxie then said still smugly replied as she walked up to her as her ego has completely deflated from what had just happened. “…but you will never have the amazing, show-stopping ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie!”

By using a small smoke screen she made her leave which was noticed by everyone because it only lasted a couple of seconds.

But her escape did not last long as Fuli quickly ran in front of her to stop her in her tracks.

“Huh, What the…?” Was all Trixie could say as Fuli ran circles around the boastful unicorn again while having super fast spinning circles appear below her hooves as she places her in them before sending her running away at super speed while sending her out of town. “WHOA!” She screamed as she is carried out of town.

As soon as Trixie was out of everyone’s sight she proudly yet somewhat smugly smiled as she witnessed the payback she delivered on the mare that forced her to run out of town.

“How’s that for a little kitten.” Fuli called out to her as she screams at her uncontrollable legs carrying her away as Kion gives her an amused expression while shaking her head. “Hey, at least I was doing everyone a favor there.”

Everyone got a good chuckle out of Fuli’s stunt as Rainbow high-hoofs her paw as she really approved of that while Twilight and Kion turn their attention to the two for their reckless shenanigans while stopping them from sneaking away.

“Now, about you two.” She then sternly said while facing them.

“What were you two thinking?” Kion crossly scolded them. “You both could have got killed and what’s worse you put the entire town of ponies here in danger.”

“Ah, uh, we're sorry that we woke up the Ursa minor.” Snips nervously laughed and said.

“We just wanted to see some awesome magic.” Snails added.

“Well you didn’t have to go looking and bringing trouble here.” Kion further said while giving them the stink-eye for their recklessness.

“Well look on the bright side.” Snips tried to lighten the mood as he turned to the heroic unicorn. “The way you vanquished that Ursa Minor was awesome!”

Twilight’s stern and serious look did not change as she only raised an unimpressed eyebrow.

“We deserve whatever punishment you give us.” Snails along with his partner bowed in shame to her seeing that evading it is inevitable.

“For starters, you can clean up this mess.” Twilight gestured to the show mare’s destroyed cart before turning to Spike with a mischievous idea on her mind. “And... What do you think, Spike? Should I give them number twenty five?”

“Oh, twenty five! Yes! And I think I deserve it, too.” Spike agreed as the others wonder what that means for them.

“Heah?” The duo asked in confusion.

“What’s number twenty-five?” Bunga asked the question on everyone else’s minds.

“I think you're right.” Twilight said as she worked her magic on them and Spike as they suddenly have mustaches on their lips.

“Sweet!” The three said together as everyone else just rolls their eyes in amusement as Kion gestures the two trouble-makers to get working on their community service while still giving them the disapproving eyes for what they did.

“Ooh!” Bunga said looking very intrigued by their facial hair. “Can I have twenty-five, Please?” He asked the unicorn.

Twilight simply shrugged at let the honey badger have his fun as she conjured up a mustache for him too.

“Sweet!”

Under the Guard’s supervision the dimwitted duo performed their community service as penance for nearly endangering the entire town while Twilight made her way back to the Golden Oaks Library to write the friendship lesson she learned out of the experience for the princess.

“Dear Princess Celestia,

I have learned a very valuable lesson about friendship: I was so afraid of being thought of as a show-off that I was hiding a part of who I am. My friends helped me realize that it's okay to be proud of your talents, and there are times when it's appropriate to show them off... Especially when you're standing up for your friends.”

As soon as Twilight finished up her letter, Kion had came by to check up on her.

“Hey Twilight.” He greeted. “Everything all okay now?”

“Yes, Kion. And thank you for telling me not to be afraid of showing my talents. I really needed to hear that encouragement.”

“Well, that’s what friends are for.” He returned as he thought nothing of it as Spike and Bunga came up to join in on their conversation.

“So, you finally admit that you're the most talented unicorn in all of Ponyville?” Spike asked with a “I told you so.” tone.

“Well, yeah, but it's nothing to brag about.” Twilight humbly accepted. “So, uh, how did it go with Rarity?”

“Eh, she didn't go for the mustache.” Spike said in disappointment.

“Bummer.” Bunga added in the same tone. “Because no one else in Ponyville was willing to give it a try with me.”

“You know, Spike, that mustache has nothing to do with who you really are. Maybe you should just try being yourself.” Twilight adviced him as she turned to face him.

“And the same could be said for you too Bunga.” Kion also joined in.

“Or... Maybe the mustache wasn't enough. Maybe if I had a mustache and a beard?” Spike thought of another idea.

“Uh, not this again!” Twilight sighed as Bunga started getting the same idea.

“Okay, imagine me with a nice, long, Fu Manchu type beard.” Spike went on with ideas in his head.

“Or maybe a goatee. Oh, no, a soul patch right on my chin!” Bunga suggested as Twilight ignites her horn to perform a spell on the duo to put them to sleep and with a flash of magic the two were now fast asleep.

Both Kion and Twilight both chuckled in amusement as they watch them sleep and snore soundly asleep while feeling relieved they don’t have to listen in on them rambling their ideas off.

Author's Note:

In this episode as Trixie comes to town to be a show-off and humiliates each and everyone of their friends expect for Fluttershy, Behste, and Ono who steered clear of that.

This time it is Kion's turn to return the favor to Twilight giving him the advice she needs to hear when she is afraid to show her talents out of fear of being seen as a show-off to which he also explains to Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash that she felt put down by their comments as they owed to her to apologize why correcting themselves that they meant Trixie for showing them off in contrast to Twilight who shows her talents when the situation calls for it.

Also, to ensure Twilight comes to everyone's rescue, I just like to point out that since Kion has just discovered the power of the Roar to establish that it so far has limits against giant creatures such as an Ursa Minor or an Ursa Major since I personally feel that Kion's use of the Roar makes him slightly over-powered to the point no matter what he can just decide to end the fight with it whenever he wants to.

Next up is "Can't Wait to be Queen." where we will indulge in the episode's first Darker and Edgier episodes of the show.

PreviousChapters Next