• Published 4th Dec 2020
  • 4,032 Views, 145 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 1) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion Guard and The Mane Six both work together to spread the magic of friendship while protecting Equestria and the Pride Lands.

  • ...
3
 145
 4,032

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 27: Green Isn't Your Color

Episode 27:

Green Isn’t Your Color

At the Ponyville Spa, Fluttershy is currently sitting in the Ponyville Spa reading a magazine waiting for Rarity for their weekly get together at the spa so they can spend time with each other and talk about what’s going on with their lives as she manages to arrive as promised while wearing a green peacock feathered sunhat and putting it on a nearby hat rack.

“So sorry, Fluttershy. I hate being late for our weekly get-together.” She apologized before talking to the spa pony employe with blue fur and matching eyes, and a pink mane and tail at the counter. “The usual!”

The two were then guided to the steam room which is fueled by steaming hot coal courtesy of the spa pony placing spoonful’s of hot water on the coal as they both relaxed on the bench while wearing robes

“But you will not believe what happened to me.” Rarity started.

“Is everything all right?” Fluttershy asked.

“Oh, it's much more than all right.” She positively replied. “I was on my way here, wearing my latest hat creation, when who should stop me on the street but Photo Finish!?”

“Photo Finish?” Fluttershy responded sounding pleasantly surprised.

“She is the most famous fashion photographer in all of Equestria. Anywho, she saw my hat and said it was absolutely marvelous!” Rarity explained as the spa pony put on the appropriate amount of mud on their mud masks.

“What a lovely compliment.” She returned while feeling proud for her as she gets small dimples of cream on her face while Rarity gets the whole mask on her face.

“She was so impressed that she wants to take some pictures of my shop featuring some of my clothes!” She further explained as the spa workers placed pillows on her hooves with giving her a pedicre to which Fluttershy politely declines when one of them tried to offer her one with a sheepish grin.

“That's wonderful.” She complimented.

“Do you know what this could mean for my fashion career?” She asked as she gets a massage with the one of the workers really patting all of the tension on her back away while Fluttershy gets the soft massage.

“Oh, Rarity, I'm so happy for you.” She happily returned.

“But I'm going to need somepony fabulous to model for me.” Rarity continued as they both got into tubs with hot eater while wearing their robes. “Somepony with beauty. Somepony with grace. Somepony... like you?”

“Oh, goodness. I don't know.” Fluttershy hesitantly replied.

“Oh, this is such a huge opportunity. And it would mean so much to me.” She pleaded with her to help her out here.

“I'm flattered, really.” She tried to politely decline.

“Nopony is going to have your elegance and poise.” Rarity still insisted.

“But...”

“Nopony!”

“There has to be somepony more quali-“

“Please!“

She really wanted her to help her out here.

“Somepony more into fashion.”

“Please!”

She started begging as she asked again.

“Somepony more comfortable in the spotlight.”

“Please, please, pleeease!”

Rarity is now practically begging for her to help her.

“Oh, if it's that important to you, of course I'll do it.” She then relented unable to refuse the call.

“Oh, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!” She excitably expressed her tremendous gratitude. “You are the best friend a pony could ever have!”

“What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.” Fluttershy then said as the two emerge from the spa now feeling completely relaxed.

“Isn't it? Though I was so afraid you wouldn't agree to model for me that I felt completely frazzled.” She replied as she then stopped in her tracks. “I think I feel a pimple coming on. Oh! Only one solution!” She then said as she is now back in the spa wearing her robe preparing for another spa treatment. “The usual!”

At Canterlot Boutique, Rarity has Fluttershy try on a black and pink dress with a large pink wig and a black bow on top while posing on the catwalk while Twilight, Fuli, Pinkie, and Spike all watch to assist with the rehearsal.

“Hm...” Rarity said as she examined the girl’s posture. “She's going to want to see attitude and pizzazz.”

“A-a-attitude and, um... pizzazz.” Fluttershy tried to understand Rarity’s demands to ensure it goes off without a hitch. “More light! It has to catch the sequins just so or the whole outfit is just a disaster.” Twilight then used her horn to really brighten the room more. “Oh, and the headdress needs more feathers. Pinkie Pie! More feathers! And sequins! More sequins!” She called for the pink mare and young dragon to do so as she hops over a basket of feathers to which she placed more on the headdress while Spike brings over a basket of sequins while Fluttershy looks a little uneasy with all of the model pressure.

“And more ribbon!” Rarity called for as Spike immediately places one on her hair. “Oh no! Less ribbon. No! More ribbon.” She then hesitated leaving the peagsus annoyed with her for that as she makes further examinations.

“Oh, this hem is completely off. Pincushion!” She requested as the love-stricken dragon appeared with pins on his scales to which she pulled half of them before ushering him to back away to which he does. “Thank you all for helping me. I'm sorry to be so short with you, but I'm... I'm just so nervous.” She apologized as she too feels stressed with the upcoming event on the horizon.

“Oh, doesn't that hurt?” Fuli winced at the sight of the needles on his back.

“Thick scales. Can't feel a thing.” He nonchalantly replied. “And even if I could, there is no pain that would keep me from assisting the most beautiful creature in the world.” He dreamingly gushed over the unicorn as Twilight and Fuli watch on with deadpan expressions. “I'm gonna tell you three a secret. But you have to promise not to tell anyone.”

“I promise.” Twilight said.

“Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” Pinkie said as she made hoof motions to her chest then eye much to the cheetah’s confusion.

“What kind of secret?” Fuli asked as Spike gestured them to come in close after making sure no one else can hear them.

“I have a crush on Rarity!” He answered as Pinkie gasped while Twilight and Fuli shared “Seriously?” looks to him together.

“We won't say a word!” Pinkie vowed.

“That’s your big secret?” Fuli asked unimpressed.

“Give me a break. Everypony already knows how you-“ Twilight added as Pinkie got in the two’s faces.

“Twilight! Fuli! You two promised Spike you wouldn't say anything. He trusts you. And losing a friend's trust is the fastest way to lose a friend forever!” Pinkie warned them as she pointing to the pleading dragon with clasped hands.

“But-“ Fuli tried to speak.

“Forever!” Pinkie said with creepy emphasis as Twilight places a calming hoof on Fuli before she could protest it.

“My lips are sealed. Though I'm pretty sure Rarity is gonna pick up on your feelings.” Twilight vowed though certain she knows already. “Don’t worry, it wouldn’t last long.” She said to the cheetah as they look on her “I Heart Rarity.” T-Shirt.

“I just don’t understand why wouldn’t you just tell her?” Fuli asked.

“I just can’t.” Spike answered. “Because what if she doesn’t like me back I thought whenever I try to ask her?”

“I see.” Fuli replied understandably. “But I’m sure Rarity isn’t the kind of girl to reject your confession if you tell her how you feel.”

“I wish.” Spike said unsure as the famous celebrity arrived at the shop with two ponies standing at the doorway behind her.

“I, Photo Finish... have arrived.” She announced appearing with blue fur, a white mane and tail, wearing a black and white dress with a purple ascot with matching lenses on her black framed sunglasses.

“Let me just say, what an honor!” Rarity greeted as she walked right by her.

“We begin... now!” She declared as one of her assistant’s brought forward her suitcase which turns into a camera upon a tap with her hoof to take photos of Fluttershy.

“Attitude and pizzazz!” Rarity reminded the nervous modeler in a just as nervous whisper before getting out of the photo shot.

“Yes! Show Photo Finish something.” The celebrity so far liked what she saw more from Fluttershy’s nervous and timid poses than the poses Rarity instructed her to perform before putting her camera away after getting what she needed. “No! Yeees. No! Yeees. No! Yeees. Enough!”

“What just happened?” Fuli asked.

“She hardly took any pictures.” Twilight whispered to the others who are all just as surprised by what happened.

“She seemed more interested in the Fluttershy natural timid and shy poses than the actual poses.” The cheetah pointed out.

“I'm so sorry. I tried my best.” Fluttershy apologized as Rarity took the headpiece off of her head.

“Well, the headdress is too big for you and cape had too much sparkle. I can't believe I ever thought I could impress her.” Rarity admitted seemingly defeated when said celebrity suddenly returns.

“It seems that I, Photo Finish, have found the next fashion star here in Ponyville.”

“Really?” Rarity asked in awed surprise.

“Yes. Really. And I, Photo Finish, am going to help her to shine all over Eqvestria.” She declared as Rarity really grinned hearing this. “Tomorrow, a photo shoot in ze park. I go!” She then said as she and her assistants left the building

“Did you hear that? I am going to "shine all over Equestria". Rarity began expressing her delight that things actually worked out.

“Oh, Rarity. I was so worried I'd ruined everything.” Fluttershy returned in support of her friend as Spike lovingly looks at Rarity.

“Oh, never. I knew you'd be perfect.” Rarity replied as if she had it under her control the whole time even though Fuli rolled her eyes in response considering of what they had just saw beforehand but decided not to say anything since Rarity is leaping up and down and squealing in delight over the success she is about to achieve while Twilight pulls the little love bird before his tail could get damaged from her leaping.

The next day, Fluttershy and Rarity later got together in the park so the former could be suited for more fittings for Photo Finish.

“No, no, no, yes!” Rarity said as she pulled aside random dresses until she came across a sparkling white and blue diamond dress suited to her liking. “That is definitely the one. Photo Finish is going to love it. Everypony is going to love it!”

“Oh, I am so excited for you. Just don't forget us little ponies when you become the most famous designer in all of Equestria.” She responded to remind her of what’s important.

“Never.” She said as Photo Finish arrives at the park while having a couple of ponies carry her on a platform that royalty uses when they are carried around.

“Put me down here.” She told them as they kneeled down as she walked off before catching a glimpse at Rarity’s outfit which was not quite to her liking. “Oh, nonononononono. The model should be in something simple! Something inspired by... the nature!”

“That's just what I was thinking.” Rarity responded for the sake of it. “Um... give me a moment and I'll, uh, put a little something together.” She excused herself to do so.

After some searching around back at her shop, she was able to find some more simple dresses to Photo Finish’s liking and the photo shoot went off without anymore problems.

“Okay, that is enough.” Photo Finish said. “Your designs have my interest and I will make sure others know but I’m afraid I forgot to tell you one thing…”

“Oh?” Rarity asked. “What’s that?”

“That I am actually looking for a model to promote them and your friend is the perfect pony for the job.”

“Really?” Rarity responded with surprise. “Well I’m terribly sorry to tell you this but I’m afraid Fluttershy isn’t the type of pony who would be up for it.”

“I understand.” She replied. “But I really would like for you to reconsider because I need some pony to promote your work so I can find a model of my own so she can rise to stardom.”

“I see, but still I can’t possibly force her to do something against her will.” Rarity tried to insist otherwise until Fluttershy spoke up.

“Of course I will model for you.” She said to Photo Shoot.

“Really?” She asked as Rarity pulled the peagsus aside for a quick word.

“Just a moment please?” She said with a forced smile as she turns her friend. “You can’t be serious, Fluttershy? You would hate it. Ponies would be all over you.”

”I know but you heard what she said.” Fluttershy returned.

“But Fluttershy…” She tried to insist otherwise from forcing herself on this.

“I’m sure I can put up with it long enough until she can find the pony she is looking for.” Fluttershy insisted.

“Are you sure?” She asked one more time. “You really don’t have to do this if you don’t want to.”

“I'm sure.” She firmly cemented her decision.

“Okay.” Rarity uneasily replied as she turned back to Photo Finish. “She’s in.”

“Spendlid! Floottershy!” Photo Finish called out. “It is time to make... the magics! Oh, wunderbar! You are like a delicate flower. So much more alluring without all those sparkles und feathers.”

Fluttershy reluctantly did so as Rarity gives a forced grin to show her support for her even though both ponies aren’t very happy with the current situation.

Later Twilight, Fuli, Spike, and Pinkie all meet up with Rarity to check up with her of how it went as she beforehand retreated to her shop to work on a black cape fitting to her mood.

“How'd it go? How'd it go?” Pinkie asked.

“It went fine.” She answered as she put her cape on. “Photo Finish did promise to send in good word for my work which will mean greater business for me in the long run.”

“That’s wonderful.” Spike said very happy for her.

“It is.” Rarity returned looking uneasy to which Fuli picked up.

“But…” She asked.

“But she wanted to work more with Fluttershy as her new model.” She sadly replied.

“Really?” Twilight asked.

“Isn’t Fluttershy the kind of pony that would hate modeling?” Fuli brought up.

“She would but is doing it because she really needed one badly.” Rarity said. “Even though I tried to talk her out of it. She still insisted on putting up with this until she can find another model.”

“How long will that take?” Pinkie asked.

“I don’t know.” Rarity could not give a straight answer. “And I only can wish that I could have done more to stop Fluttershy from doing something she doesn’t love doing.”

“Oh, Rarity. I'm so sorry.“ Twilight apologized. “Is there anything we can do?”

“I just vant to be alone right now.” Rarity declared as she put her hood over head in shame.

“You heard her. She vants to be... alone.” Spike insisted to the others as he backed them out the door with Fuli stopped just before the doorway to pick him up with her teeth.

“What are doing?”

“Being along includes you too, Spike.” Fuli pointed out.

“I didn't think she meant alone alone.” He said in his defense towards the glaring ponies as Fuli carries him out of the room.

Meanwhile, Fluttershy is being dressed up for her model walk as they suit her in a dress while spraying perfume on her while Photo Finish examines the fitting as one of the workers puts some powder on her cheeks to give her blush appearance.

“Too much blush.” She commented as she works to get the right amount on her. “Not enough. Too much. Not enough. Perfect.”

“Ah... Aaah...” Fluttershy said as she urged up an itch which thankfully turned into a tiny sneeze.

“Oh, yes! Even her schneezes are graceful.” Photo Finish still looked pleased at what she was seeing. “Now go!” She then ordered the crew to leave who all quickly do so. “How do you feel? Excited? Overjoyed? Thrilled beyond your wildest dreams?” She then asked her model.

“I guess so although I am little nervous.” She honestly and awkwardly answered.

“Nervous? Dun be ridiculous. Aside from facing a large crowd of ponies who will be watching your every move and silently judging you, you’ve got what it takes from your natural talent to be able strike “Wow.” into everyone’s hearts.” She assured her to which doesn’t help her nerves at all as they hear runway music from just outside. “Your cue! Now go!” She then nudged her outside while facing the constant flash photography.

“You must do this. You must. You must. You must.” Fluttershy said to herself as she went with her natural poses for the crowd which earned her cheers from everyone and even compliments from the critics watching from down below.

Soon enough the press was all talking about her and she was the buzz in Ponyville fashion appearing in photos, magazines, newspapers, and even advertising in products in Applejack’s apple-selling business advertisement along with a vegetable drink courtesy of the a banner Rainbow flew over the skies much to Rarity’s annoyance as she even tried to join Fluttershy and Photo Finish inside the building only to be denied entrance by the guard up front.

Even though Fluttershy is successful she finds herself getting unwanted attention from fans who chase her down for autographs and photos from paparazzi. But of course she knew what she was signing up for when she agreed to this.

Luckily, Fuli is around to come to her rescue as she immediately drags her out of there leaving the paparazzi dashing around town in a mad dash looking for her as they retreat to Rarity’s shop for shelter.

“Thanks, Fuli.” Fluttershy thanked.

“Not a problem.” She returned as Rarity who was working on pink fabric on her sewing machine turned to face them.

“Wow. Look how popular you are. I'm so excited for you. You must be having the best time ever.” Rarity said with a forced smile and tone.

“Oh, yes. Best time ever...” Fluttershy returned with similar forced tone as Photo Finish barges inside.

“Floottershy! I have been looking for you everywhere. We have the thing at the place.”

“I'll see you at the spa? Our usual time?” Fluttershy asked as she leaves with her boss.

“Of course! I can't wait to hear all about the... "thing at the place".” Rarity replied feeling slightly down as Fluttershy is dragged outside leaving her along with Fuli.

“I'm the one who should be mobbed by strangers wherever I go.” Rarity commented in jealousy.

“Maybe someday.” Fuli tried to say to ease her mood as she sees of how both ponies are feeling right now sensing this new career of the peagsus’s will interfere with that as she goes off to her fitting room where Photo Finish explains to every one of her success.

Even though Rarity is still getting thriving business, Fluttershy’s career is thriving even more.

“Obviously I, Photo Finish, am thwilled to have found her.” Photo Finish said to the photographers there while her model tries to speak to her.

“Photo Finish?” She tried to speak up.

“She's a natural in front of the camera.”

“Um... Photo Finish?” She tried to speak again as she is more focused on the crowd.

“I only need to point and shoot, and I capture... the magics!” She continued to ignore her as more photos of her are being taken.

“Photo Finish, I'm so sorry to interrupt. It's just that I'm running late.” She finally got her attention.

“How could I have forgotten?!” She gasped upon seemingly realizing yet thought she was thinking of something else. “Your appearance at the ballet opening! Everypony who is anypony will be there.”

“Oh, actually I'm supposed to be meeting my friend for our weekly spa date.” She corrected her as she is dragged off there.

“Don’t worry.” Photo Finish responded. “This wouldn’t take long.”

“Okay.” Fluttershy sighed seeing she has no choice in the matter.

“Good!” She felt pleased with her cooperation even though it was difficult. “We go!”

Meanwhile at that time, Rarity is already there with her hooves starting to get a little wrinkled as she has been in there for a while just as Twilight and Fuli arrive wearing robes as they decide to share some bonding time at the spa together.

“My hooves are getting positively pruney, I've been waiting here so long. Obviously Fluttershy's just too busy with her new career to spend time with her best friend.” The jealous unicorn grumbled.

“I'm sure she just got tied up.” Twilight assured.

“Of course she did. She's a big bright shining star! I wish that star would burn out.” Rarity refused to believe it.

“Rarity! Fluttershy is your friend.” Twilight responded with shock that she would say that about her.

“She would never let the attention and fame go to her head.” Fuli added.

“I know, I know. And I should be happy for her, but instead I'm just... jealous!” She admitted. “Oh, please promise you won't tell her I feel this way. Please, please, pleasepleaseplease!”

“You have my word. Losing a friend's trust is the fastest way to lose a friend.” Twilight promised.

“Forever!” Pinkie repeated with emphasis with glaring daggers as she briefly popped her head out of the tub of sponges before dipping in back in without a change of expression.

“How did she…?” Fuli asked.

“I think we’re better off not wondering how.” Twilight responded as Rarity got out of the water while she and Fuli got in. “Pinkie logic just doesn’t make sense.” When she emerged from the fitting room she is now in a fancy red and white striped pink dress. “Wow! You look great!” She complimented.

“Fluttershy may be the one who's famous, but that doesn't mean I have to stop looking fabulous.” Rarity said as she left the spa at the same time Fluttershy arrived.

“Rarity! I'm so sorry I'm...” Fluttershy started to apologize before seeing that she is not in the room anymore. “Oh no. She's already gone, isn't she?”

“Yep.”

“Sorry.”

The two apologized.

“Oh, I can't believe this. I am so frustrated, I could just scream.“ Fluttershy expressed as he inhaled a deep breath which turned into a small and light scream.

“Huh? Not as loud as I thought it would be.” Fuli said sounding somewhat surprised by that.

“Feel better?” Twilight asked.

“No.” She responded before popping a question as she flew up to the edge of the pool. “Can I tell you something?”

“Of course.”

“Sure.”

The two were all ears with what she had to say.

“You promise not to tell Rarity?” She asked them.

“We swear.” Twilight replied.

“Pinkie Pie Swear?“ She asked as Fuli looks confused of what that is as Twilight goes ahead and does the rhyme and motions that go with the chant.

“Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my Ooowwwww!” She screamed as she forgotten to close her eye before saying the last line and had accidentally poked herself as a result.

“I don't like being a model. No, I hate being a model. All this attention is awful, just awful. And I'm only doing it because I was trying to help somepony but all it is doing is costing me my friendship with Rarity. If only there was some way out of this.”

“You could just quit.” Fuli pointed out the simple solution.

“But Photo Finish really needs me I can’t do that to her.” She refused.

“Even if that means fulling an obligation you can’t keep.” Fuli asked.

“Yes.” She replied.

“Well...” Twilight spoke up while looking around to make sure no one’s around. “If you wanna know the truth, Rarity...” She began as Pinkie reappeared and shook her head to remind her that she swore to keep her mouth shut.

“Oh, what were you about to say?” Fluttershy asked as they recovered from the shock of her sudden appearance than reappearance.

“Forever!” Pinkie ominously whispered as she popped her head out again to which Fuli placed a paw on her head so she could talk to her.

“Seriously?” She asked her.

“Sorry but nopony but nopony breaks a Pinkie Promise!” Pinkie responded while still asserting her stance on the matter.

“Even though it means Fluttershy will become more unhappier while Rarity becomes more jealous?”

“They can sort it out in time.” Pinkie remained certain about it as Fuli turns back to Fluttershy.

“So what were you about to tell me?” Fluttershy asked.

“That Rarity is jealous of you.” Fuli answered as she finds herself face to face with an angry pink pony as she gasped upon her opening her mouth before growling in anger at her.

“Nopony breaks a Pinkie Promise!” She roared as she is about ready to tear her apart while Fuli doesn’t flinch.

“I didn’t.” She said with a confident smile. “I didn’t make the Pinkie Promise with Twilight not to tell Fluttershy about Rarity’s true feelings so technically I didn’t make a Pinkie Promise not to tell her.”

Pinkie froze as Fuli bravely faces the party pony since deep down she realized she was right. She never really broke a Pinkie Promise she didn’t perform the rhyme and chant that goes with it nor did she state her promise.

“What’s the matter? Can’t tell me otherwise?” She taunted her as she remained speechless as Twilight looks on very impressed.

“So Rarity’s jealous of me?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yep.” Fuli answered turning to the curious peagsus pony. “She’s trying really hard not to but can’t resist.”

“Oh my. I didn’t mean to make her feel this way but what else can I do? I can’t quit.” Fluttershy pondered feeling lost.

“Maybe you don’t have to if you got fired.” Fuli suggested with an idea on her mind as she deviously smiled in thought.

“I suppose…” Twilight briefly thought but then got the same idea as the cheetah as she adopted the same smirk to. “…That actually could work.”

“What could work?” Fluttershy asked of the two where they are going with this.

“On her own, Fluttershy could never do something unattractive. But if I used my magic to help her do something unattractive at her next fashion show, no one will ever want her to model again.” Twilight explained.

“And if Fluttershy no longer has to be a model, Rarity will no longer have to be jealous of her.“ Fuli added,

“And are you sure that will work?” Fluttershy asked.

“Certainly.” Twilight remained certain it will along with Fuli as they prepare for her next photo shoot. “They love you for being you. So all I have to do is make you not be you. Just leave it to me.”

Shortly afterwards, the time came and every pony was gathered ready to see the modeling star in action on the catwalk.

Fluttershy after donning her modeling dress gets up on the stage and prepares her show just as Rarity arrived wearing one of her fancy dresses.

“Guess it's time to see what all the fuss is about.” She said as she might as well see how she is striking success this time around.

As Fluttershy walks up the catwalk, Twilight and Fuli watching from the back stage look on as the former uses her magic to trip the peagsus up which left the crowd gasping in stunned silence as Twilight works her magic into making her body move unnaturally. All the while she was forced into moving her body around against her will the crowd was completely stunned with Photo Finish fainting at what she was seeing while Rarity looks amused at her forced humiliation.

She was dragged onto the stage, her body levitated upside down, moved around and fell back to the ground, had her nose picked, scratching her ear like a dog even barking like a dog to which Rarity’s smile faded as her bark turned into a braying donkey.

“Oh no.” She whispered as the crowd starts booing at her as Twilight and Fuli see the plan is working.

“Get her off the stage!”

“She's an embarrassment to all things fashion!”

“Bravo! I say bravo!” Rarity called out with her voice only heard much to Twilight and Fuli’s surprise.

“What is she doing?” Fuli asked in dismay to Twilight who looks just as surprised.

“Bravo? Who could possibly say bravo to that horrid display?” One pony incredulously asked.

“Such attitude! Such pizzazz! She's invented an entirely new kind of modeling! Bravo!” She further praised her friend.

“Who is saying these things?” One pony asked as Rarity revealed herself.

“It's her. The unicorn in the gorgeous cape and headdress.” One pony pointed out.

“Now that is a pony who clearly knows a thing or two about fashion. Well, if that fabulous pony likes it, then I do too! Bravo!” Another decided to follow Rarity’s example by cheering on for her as Fluttershy, Twilight, and Fuli look on with dismay.

“Rarity?” Fuli said in shock. “How could she possibly support her?”

“Probably she couldn’t bear to see her booed and jeered like that deep down.” Twilight could only answer as the model moans at the plan’s failure.

“This is awful. Just awful!” Fluttershy expressed now further upset. “Somehow I've become more popular than ever. Oh, I'm so frustrated I could just kick something!” She said as she proceeds to lightly tap a nearby vase so that it just wobbles and doesn’t fall over. “If only Rarity didn't want me to be a model so badly.”

As soon as she said it Rarity came busting inside after she took the time to take off her fancy dress.

“Fluttershy! Are you all right?” She asked as Fuli spoke up for her.

“She’s great! She’s a super famous fashion model. Why wouldn't she be great?” She sarcastically remarked with annoyance in her tone of voice. “Thanks to you cheering her on just when trying to get her booed was what we wanted!” She then said with frustration in her voice as it rises a little.

“Really? Why?” Rarity asked in surprise seeing that was the intent.

“You tell me.” She could only say as Pinkie secretly watches on. “Why did you do it?”

“Because out there on the runway, everyone was turning on you and... Oh... Oh, Fluttershy. It's so awful. I wanted them to.” She confessed.

“You did?!” Fluttershy asked.

“Figures.” Fuli said not surprised there. “And why would that be?” She further pressed her into explaining more.

“Because I got jealous! I wanted all the attention.” She admitted. “And instead it was going more to you. I even started hoping that you would do something silly so your modeling career would be over. But then, when it started happening, all I could think was how could I want you to fail and be hated for life?”

“So that’s why you did it?” Fuli asked.

“Yes.”

“Well you do know she was only doing this until her eventual replacement will come.” Fuli pointed out.

“Yes. But as the days turned into weeks, it was starting to become more than I can handle.” Rarity explained that her patience wore thin over time. “And for that I’m sorry, Fluttershy.”

“I’m sorry too, for continuing to try to pursue this even though it was working out.” Fluttershy apologized as well for pressing forward with something that doesn’t make her happy. “But I promised her.”

“I know you did and we appreciate the effort you put into your commitment.” Twilight complimented her. “But if this is something not worth throwing friendship away, I’m afraid that is something you’re going to have to back away from. Especially if this makes you unhappy.” She then advised her.

“You’re right.” Fluttershy conceded that she must give it up seeing the truth in Twilight and Fuli’s words as Photo Finish came inside.

“You were brilliant. Brilliant!” She commended her. “I've already got six photo shoots lined up for tomorrow alone.”

“Um, Photo Finish…” Fluttershy uneasily began. “I’m sorry to tell you this but I just can’t keep this up anymore.”

“So you’re saying you want to quit?” Photo Finish figured what she is trying to say.

“Yes. Because it’s making me and my friends unhappy and I can’t give it up. I know you are trying really hard to find a model but I’m afraid I’m not really cut out for this.” She further answered.

“I see.” Photo Finish understood as she shook her hoof accepting her decision. “It has been a pleasure doing business with you Flootershy, and I can assure you that I’ll manage and find someone else in no time at all with your most recent photo shoot. If Rarity loves it then I’m sure anypony will come to me more than ever.” She then said as Rarity felt delighted to hear that comment as she turns to leave. “And now I must go and continue my search.” She declared as she left.

“Great job, Fluttershy.” Rarity commended her.

“Thanks!” She humbly returned as Rarity has something else she wants to say. “If we'd just told each other the truth…”

“…Then none of this would have happened.” Rarity finished as she makes a new vow. “I promise never to keep my feelings in secret again."

“Me too.” Fluttershy vowed as the two decided to make it a Pinkie Promise.

“Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” The two said together as they laugh and hug out their problems together while both Twilight and Fuli look on pleased at what they were seeing as the latter looks around for Pinkie Pie.

“And in case if you’re in there hiding, I hope you were listening and watching because at no point did we break our Pinkie Promise so…” Fuli called out to her as she stuck her tongue out and blew a raspberry in her direction as she appeared from behind the mirror.

“Well played you two. And you both did so well.” She said in graceful defeat.

After everything was all settled everyone made their way back to the spa to relax.

“Now this is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.” Fluttershy said to her friends as they all are in different parts of the spa with Rarity in the steam room wearing a seaweed wrap along with Fuli who is loving the hot steam drying her fur while she relaxes in the pool.

“It sure is.” Fuli returned.

“Isn't it, though?” Rarity returned just as relaxed while Twilight relaxes in a personal hot tub along with Spike.

“Dear Princess Celestia,

Being a good friend means being able to keep a secret. But you should never be afraid to share your true feelings with a good friend.

Your faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle.”

She spoke as Spike wrote it all down in a letter as he got out of the tub.

“Did you get all that, Spike?“

“Yep.” Spike answered as he moved to the steam room. “And I’ll send it on its way. But first…” He then added I got something I want to take care of.” He said as he waved a fan with an “I Heart Rarity.” on it.

“Tending to your dreams.” Fuli asked with another teasing smile.

“Fuli?!” Spike said in embarrassment as he waves a fan at his crush.

“Right, how silly of me.” Fuli replied as she and Twilight roll their eyes and share a look of amusement seeing this. “We did promise.” She added with a wink to Twilight that she know of how talk her way around without actually breaking a promise to which Twilight looks on very impressed with how it allowed them to resolve this little friendship problem.

Author's Note:

Getting into another one of these episodes that could have used some touch-ups is of course properly handling Photo Finish's handling of the situation when dealing with both Rarity and Fluttershy.

Here Rarity is more considerate of Fluttershy's feelings and desires where Fluttershy is more willing to help Photo Finish with what she wants with the jealousy on Rarity's part steaming from a combination of being unable to stop Fluttershy from forcing it upon herself and her rising fame.

Of course since the Pinkie Promise with the silly serious earth pony spying on Twilight and Fuli who are both playing the supporting roles here it takes some clever cunning from Fuli to get the truth spit out to Fluttershy without facing the wrath of Pinkie Pie and getting the two ponies to resolve their friendship problem together.

All and all another friendship lesson was learned from it all.

Next up is "Call of the Drongo." where the Guard meets the bird of a thousand voices in this upcoming episode.

PreviousChapters Next