• Published 4th Dec 2020
  • 4,032 Views, 145 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 1) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion Guard and The Mane Six both work together to spread the magic of friendship while protecting Equestria and the Pride Lands.

  • ...
3
 145
 4,032

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 23: Call of the Cutie

Episode 23:

Call of the Cutie

In the Ponyville Schoolhouse, young fillies are getting together for an important school lesson as their teacher Cheerilee, a mare with purple fur, a light pink mane and tail, and a three set of smiling flowers as her cutie mark prepares to begin her lesson for the young ones including Applejack’s little sister Apple Bloom.

“Let's quiet down please. We have a very important lesson to get to.” She told everyone as they do as they were told. “Thank you. Today we are going to be talking about cutie marks.”

“Bo-ring.” Diamond Tiara, a rich and condescending pony, whispered to Apple Bloom who didn’t like that comment as Cheerilee started by showing them her cutie mark.

“You can all see my cutie mark, can't you? Like all ponies, I wasn't born with a cutie mark. My flank was blank.” She said as she removed poster paper covering a page with a picture of her when she was young and didn’t have a cutie mark.

“Aww...! She's so precious!” The little red-haired filly with glasses sweetly commented.

“Then one day, when I was about your age, I woke up to find that a cutie mark had appeared.” She then showed the a picture of her when she was reaching adulthood with 70’s/80’s style clothes and hair accessories.

“Look at her hair!” One of the students commented as everyone couldn’t help but chuckle at the sight.

“Yes I know…” She acknowledged taking it lightly. “…but honestly, that's how everypony was wearing their mane back then. I had decided to become a teacher, and the flowers symbolized my hope that I could help my future students bloom if I nurture them with knowledge.” During her lecture Apple Bloom writes it down in her notes while another rich pony Silver Spoon expressed disinterest with this lecture. “The smiles represented the cheer I hope to bring to my little ponies while they were learning. Now, can anyone tell me when a pony gets his or her cutie mark?”

“Oh! Oh! Oh! When she discovers that certain something that makes her special!” The red haired filly asked with her hoof raised up.

“That's right, Twist.” She answered as she made her way to her desk. “A cutie mark appears on a pony's flank when he or she finds that certain something that makes them different from every other pony. Discovering what makes you unique isn't something…”

During this Diamond Tiara constantly whispered to Apple Bloom who is trying her hardest to ignore her.

“…that happens overnight, and no amount of hoping, wishing or begging, would make a cutie mark appear before its time.”

“Pssst!”

“What?!” She irritably asked as she held up a note with Diamond Tiara motioning her to pass it over.

Apple Bloom reluctantly does so at least until she got caught red-hoofed.

“Diamond Tiara! Are you passing a note?” Their teacher sternly scolded.

“Uh, I... Um...” Apple Bloom stammered to explain herself as she approached her.

“What could be so important that it couldn't wait until after class?” She asked as looked down at the note and found that… “It's blank.”

“Remind you of anypony?” Diamond Tiara taunted her as she is one of the only fillies who has yet to receive a cutie mark as the whole class follows suit leaving the poor girl completely embarrassed.

“Okay, that’s enough, girls!” Cheerilee scolded them. “There is no need to tease someone just because she has yet to receive her cutie mark. And if you were her, you two wouldn’t find so funny yourselves.”

After school everyone all went home with Apple Bloom still hurt by what happened in class as being one of the only fillies to not yet receive her cutie mark is really making her feel like an outcast.

“Want some sweets?” Her red-maned friend Twist offered. “I've got some peppermint sticks. I made them myself.”

“Mm-mm.” She declined.

“They'll make you smi-i-le.” She insisted it will help brighten her smile.

“No...” She still declined as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon walked by them.

“I don't know why we had to sit through a lecture about getting a cutie mark. I mean, waiting for your cutie mark is sooo last week. You got yours, I just got mine. We all have them already.” She told them as she smugly rubbed it in their faces as she gets another idea as they circle around them so they can engage in another round of bullying. “I mean, almost all of us have them already. Don't worry, you two, you're still totally invited to my cute-ceañera this weekend.”

“It's going to be amazing.” Silver Spoon added.

“It's a party celebrating me and my fantastic cutie mark. How could it not be?” Diamond Tiara bragged as they performed a special kind of handshake they share together that involves bumping hooves and their rumps together.

“Bump! Bump! Sugar-lump, rump!”

The two laughed as they trotted ahead together.

“Gimme a break.“ Apple Bloom groaned in annoyance to their arrogant attitude and how they are rubbing it in their faces.

“See you this weekend...” Silver Spoon said as they left with another mean laugh directed at the two as they say.

“Blank Flanks!”

Even though she shouldn’t be discouraged by them, Apple Bloom can’t help it.

Later as she returns home at Sweet Apple Acres, she meets up with Applejack and Beshte who are both working together to knock apples off the trees.

“It's not fair! It's just not fair!” Apple Bloom whined.

“It’ll be okay.” Beshte assured. “I think you great, with or without a cutie mark.”

“Yeah, don't get your mane in a tangle.” Her big sister added. “You'll get your cutie mark. Everypony gets one eventually.”

“But I don't want one eventually! I want one right now! I can't go to Diamond Tiara's cute-ceañera without one, I just can't!” Apple Bloom voiced her deseperation.

“Now who says you have to have a cutie mark to go there.” Beshte asked.

“Everyone!”

“Now come on.” Beshte tried to encourage her. “I wouldn’t worry about it too much, you’re still young and no one should treat you any different just because you don’t have one.”

“Exactly!” Applejack agreed. “Y'know, I was the last pony in my class to get my cutie mark, and I couldn't be prouder of it. I knew my future was to run Sweet Apple Acres, and these bright shiny apples sealed the deal.” She then recalled as she placed a hoof on her flank while remembering something else. “Come to think of it, Granny Smith was the last one in her class, too. Huh, same as Big McIntosh.”

“I really don't see how that's supposed to make me feel better. It probably means that being the last one in your class to get a cutie mark runs in the family.” Apple Bloom’s mood failed to change as she slumped in front of a bucket full of apples. “...runs in the family. Runs in the family! Runs in the family!” An idea sparked in her head as she glanced at her big sister’s cutie mark. “You've got apples for your cutie mark, Granny Smith has an apple pie, Big McIntosh has an apple half, my unique talent must has som'n to do with apples! Apples apples apples!” She figured and exclaimed of what she thinks of is her true talent as she winds up crashing into a bucket of apples during her excitement. “Oops... apples.”

“Well, only one way to find out.” Beshte replied. “Although don’t be disheartened if it doesn’t work out.”

So once the apples were bucked, Applejack let Apple Bloom accompany her into town so they can sell them. But the little girl’s desperation drove her into making more aggressive sales approaches leading to Applejack to have to step in to apologize to everyone involved before suggesting her to go visit her friend to go to the Cute-cenera together.

She went over and knocked on her doorstep to pop her the question but when she answered she rather apologetically and awkwardly revealed that she had just received her cutie mark received featuring two candy canes crossing each other much to her dismay.

“Isn't my cutie mark swell? I've always loved making my own favorite sweets, but it took me some time to discover that it was my super-special talent. Pretty sweet, huh?” She said as the other filly just slumped down on her bottom.

“Yeah, pretty... sweet.” She said to which she quickly tried to assure it doesn’t change anything and that she’ll gladly come with her.

“Hey... this doesn't mean we can't go to the cute-ceañera together. You're still gonna come to the party, are you?”

But of course, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon just had to be around to make more unpleasant remarks about her.

“Of course she will.”

“It's not like being the only pony there without a cutie mark would be, like, the most embarrassing thing ever.”

The two taunted her leaving her feel even more embarrassed than ever.

She then retreated to a nearby wishing well when Rainbow Dash and Fuli both happen to be passing by.

“Whoa, looks like somepony's got a dark cloud hanging over her head. Let me do something about that.” Rainbow quickly moved the literal dark cloud above her away.

“What’s the matter?” Fuli asked as she sat down to her eye level to which the little one explained herself in a rapid explaination after a huge deep breath.

“There's a cute-ceañera this afternoon and everypony in my class will be there and they'll all have their cutie marks and I wanna get my cutie mark but I'm no good at sellin' apples but I really wanna go to the party but how can I go to the party if I don't have my cutie mark which my big sister says I'm gonna get eventually but... I WANT IT NOW!”

“Wow!” Was all Fuli could say to that rapid-fire explanation.

“Cutie mark? I can get you a cutie mark like that!” Rainbow replied with certainty that she can help with that and emphasized his point by making a snapping sound with her tail.

“Doesn’t that hurt?” Fuli asked as she winced at the sight.

“Not if your tail doesn’t have a tailbone.” She pointed out as they turned their attention back to the filly.

“Applejack says these things take time. I have to just wait for it to happen.” Apple Bloom replied while appreciating the peagsus’s help but sees she has to go with the more patient approach.

“Why wait for something to happen when you can make it happen?” She asked.

“But Applejack says th...” Apple Bloom tried to answer until getting cut off.

“Hey, who are you gonna listen to, Applejack…” She said while moving one of her back legs to mimic him bucking a tree. “…or the pony who was first in her class to get a cutie mark? I always liked flying an' all, but I was going nowhere in a hurry. It wasn't until my very first race that I discovered a serious need for speed, and KAZAM, this sweet baby appeared as fast as lightning.” She then said as she showed the young one her cutie mark while drawing her hoof into the ground while spreading her wings ready for takeoff as the filly looks on in awe.

“Yeah, she sure is quite a role model isn’t she?” The cheetah said to the filly knowing exactly what she is thinking of as they follow after her. “Though try not to be upset if it doesn’t work out and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.” She advised as they raced to catch up with the peagsus as she puts her through a training regime.

“That's right, stretch out those legs. Gotta be nice and loose.” Rainbow coached her as she did pushups with Fuli doing them with her. “The key here is to try as many things as possible as quickly as possible. One of them is bound to lead to your cutie mark. Are you ready?”

“I'm ready!” Apple Bloom voiced she is.

“I said: Are! You! Ready!” Rainbow again asked with emphasis.

“I'M READY!” She shouted.

“Juggling, go!”

A whistle is blown by Fuli and Apple Bloom starts jugging to the best of her ability until she stumbled and fell down while dropping the balls.

“Hang-gliding, go!”

Apple Bloom got off to a fast start but ended up tripping before takeoff causing her to nearly skid and fall over the ravine until Fuli quickly saved her.

“Karate, go!”

Rainbow blew the whistle again.

“Hi-ya! Ee...” Apple Bloom exclaimed as she moved for a karate kick on a punching bag only to nearly shatter her leg.

“Ouch!” Fuli winced as she quickly rushed over and gave her a bag of ice to make sure it’s okay.

“Kite-flying, go!”

Rainbow blew the whistle again.

Apple Bloom was able to get the kite flying but was unable keep it in the sky. And add further insult to injury the paper on the kite crumbled off.

“Ultrapony Roller Derby, go!”

Rainbow blew the whistle again.

Apple Bloom was able to get out in front with three other skaters trying to close in on her as she starts to lose her balance and concentration and crash just as the others end up doing the same as they were all unable to stop in time.

“Ouch!” Fuli said in sympathy for the filly as she managed to skate away from the accident unharmed while blushing.

Later as Rainbow looks at a list of activities that have tried and failed at.

“Tried that one... tried that one... tried that one...”

“Your new outfit is, like, perfect for the party.” Silver Spoon said to Diamond Tiara as they walked by to which Apple Bloom quickly ducked under cover a nearby bush.

“I know. It totally shows off my cutie mark.” Diamond returned as Fuli just looks on with an irritated look at the two correctly sensing they are the source of Apple Bloom’s doubt.

“I love being special.” Silver Spoon said.

“Can you imagine how embarrassing it must be to be... not special?” Diamond asked.

“I don't even want to, like, think about it.” Silver returned as they both left as Apple Bloom emerged from the bushes.

“And I’m pretty sure I don’t even want to think of how they’ll react if they keep pestering her like that.” Fuli voiced her disgust for them as she turns to the troubled filly.

“I'm doomed. Doomed! I'll never find sumth'n I'm good at.” She said in despair.

“It’ll be okay.” Fuli reminded her. “Just don’t listen to them.”

Before anything else could be said, Pinkie suddenly appears.

“You look like you'd be good at eating cupcakes.”

“Eatin' cupcakes?” Apple Bloom voiced with a hopeful smile.

“Eating cupcakes?” Rainbow asked with a confused glance at her.

“Eating cupcaaakes!” Pinkie exclaimed as she bounced off ahead as Apple Bloom turned to Rainbow.

“I really appreciate all your help, Rainbow Dash.” She voiced her appreciation for her efforts. “You're a really great coach and I really learned a lot from you and I'm sure I can learn a lot more but... I've got some cupcakes to eat! See you at the cute-ceañera! Hold on, Pinkie Pie, I'm comin'.” She then called out to the bouncing pink earth pony as they make their way to Sugarcube Corner.

“I can't believe I didn't think of this. A cupcake-eating cutie mark, it's sooo obvious.”Apple Bloom voiced her delight as she looked around the place. “Now, where are those cupcakes? I'm ready t' chow down!”

“I don't have any cupcakes.” She replied.

“Oh.” She said as Pinkie gasped as she placed a chef’s hat on her head.

“But you look like you'd be good at helping me make some.“

“I guess, uh, making-cupcakes cutie mark could work too.” Apple Bloom shrugged “why not?” as Bunga donned a chief hat and got the ingredients togetehr

“All you have to do is take a cup of flour!

Add it to the mix!

Now just take a little something sweet, not sour!

A bit of salt, just a pinch!”

Pinkie sang as she did exactly as she described.

“Baking these treats is such a cinch!

Add a teaspoon of vanilla!

Add a little more, and you count to four,

And you never get your fill of...”

Bunga sang as he mixed the ingredients together.

“Cupcakes! So sweet and tasty!

Cupcakes! Don't be too hasty!

Cupcakes! Cupcakes, cupcakes, CUPCAKES!”

Pinkie and Bunga sang together as they hopped around the room while the cupcakes baked to perfection.

When it came to Apple Bloom’s turn she did a rather poor and messy job of it. She wasn’t really watching the mixing bowl still whirring nor paying attention to the ones baking in the oven and bumping into the flour behind her while knocking it over. She the attempted to use an oven mitt to remove the tray from the oven

“Hot, hot, hot!” Apple Bloom exclaimed as she tossed aside the hot tray of burnt cupcakes while examining for burns on her tongue.

“Oooh, those look much better than the last batch.” Pinkie compliemented as she and Bunag munched into them.

“Taste great too!” Bunga added as Apple Bloom tried one and spitted out after seeing that they indeed taste bad.

“Ugh!” She groaned in disgust and defeat. “I guess I'm not cut out to be a baker either. [sigh] I just have to face it, I'm gonna have a blank flank forever.” She then lamented.

“What about that?” Pinkie pointed to a flour spot on her flank.

“What about what? Is there something on my flank? Is there, is there, is there?” Apple Bloom hopefully asked as she looked at it through a reflection of a toppled over mixing bowl. “A cutie mark! It's a... a measuring cup? No. A mixin' bowl? No... Are those cupcakes? A tower of cupcakes maybe.” She said as she saw images appear through it until Bunga blew the flour off to reveal nothing on her flank.

“Uh, no, just flour.” He told her while munching on the burnt goods. “Sorry.”

”What game you wanna play next?” Pinkie asked while eagerly hoping for what she has in mind. “Please say bingo, please say bingo.”

“Whoa!”

“Hevi Kabisa!”

“Hapana!”

Twilight, Kion, and Ono exclaimed in shock at the mess they walked into.

“What's been going on in here?” Twilight asked.

“We've been making cupcakes.” Pinkie explained.

“Wanna try them?” Bunga offered while holding the plate of scorched desserts.

“Nnnno thank you...” Twilight politely declined.

“Not that they don't look, heh, delicious.” Kion added in the same forced tone.

“I would.” Ono bluntly replied as Apple Bloom approached the unicorn.

“Twilight, you have to help me!” She pleaded.

“What's the matter?” She asked as she gave another rapid fire explaination.

“Tiara's cute-ceañera's today and everypony in my class will be there and they'll all have their cutie marks and I want to get my cutie mark but I'm no good at selling apples or hang-gliding or making cupcakes, but I wanna go to the party but how can I go to the party if I don't have my cutie mark, which Pinkie Pie says I can't just make appear, but I need it to appear, right now!”

The others were left at a loss for words as Twilight speaks not sure what to say about it.

“Uhhh... I don't follow. How can I help you?”

“You can use your magic to make my cutie mark appear.”

“Oh no, Apple Bloom.” Twilight shook her head at that. “A cutie mark is something a pony has to discover for herself.“

“Common knowledge, really.” Ono stated.

“Please Twilight, jus' trah.” She pleaded.

“I'm sorry, but-“ She tried to insist it doesn’t work like that.

“Oh please, please, please, please, please!” She further pleaded while placing her hooves on her chest

“Oh thank you thank you thank you.”

“But…” Ono tried to speak as Twilight hushed him.

“She’ll find out.” She replied before working her magic on the filly as a wagon of apples appeared on her flank

“Yes!” She celebrated. “I knew you could do... it.” Her excitement was cut short when it immediately faded.

“I'm sorry, sweetie, but I told you-“ She tried to apologize when…

“Try again, try again!” She eagerly pleaded as the unicorn sighed.

“Gotta learn it the hard way.” Kion said just as defeated as the unicorn has tried making multiple marks appear on her flank as they all appear and disappear in a flash all while Apple Bloom’s smile brights and drops over and over.

By then, Twilight did all she could as she was on her hunches sweating.

“Told you that not even magic can make a cutie mark appear before its time.” She apologetically said to her as she dreads the worst to come.

“And I’m sorry to say that applies to the Mark of the Guard as well.” Kion just as regretfully brought up.

“It's hopeless, hopeless! I just won't go to the party, I can't go. Everyone will just laugh at me and make fun of me and call me names. It will be the worst night of my life.”

“I'm sure it won't be as bad as all that.” Twilight tried to insist otherwise.

“Forget it, there's no way I'm going to that party.” Apple Bloom refused while emitting a nervous gulp.

“What if you had some backup from the Guard there ready to defend you in case someone tries to pick on you? Would that help?” Kion offered.

“I suppose.” Apple Bloom reluctantly obliged as she looks aside still feeling down. “Although I feel I am just better off just not going.”

Unfortunately for her what she didn’t realize until she got back to Sugarcube Corner was that said party she has been seeking to avoid was being hosted by Pinkie Pie.

Everyone was there and even the host Diamond Tiara as she and Silver Spoon are both wearing fancy dresses to symbolize of how special they are just because they are rich.

“How could I have forgotten the time? How could I have forgotten Pinkie Pie was hosting the party? How could I have forgotten it was at Sugarcube Corner?” Apple Bloom said to herself in deep regret as she finds herself stuck in the middle of the room.

“Don't forget your party hat, Forgetty Forgetterson!” Pinkie told her while placing a party hat on her.

“I have to get out of here before anypony sees me.” She said to herself as she made her way towards the door while ducking for cover from the chocolate pony statue to the nearby tables to the nearby cake to which Snails chomped into it thus nearly blowing her cover again.

“Hey!” Diamond called out to her as she chided him. “It's my cute-ceañera, I'm supposed to get the first bite at cake.”

From table to table and balloon to balloon her cover was constantly and nearly blown but slowly but surely she was making her way to the front door.

“Okay, Apple Bloom, almost there.”

She was almost home free with the opening in plain sight until Applejack just happened to be at the doorway to block her off.

“Going somewhere?” She asked.

“Outside.” She answered.

“I see.” Applejack saw that she never wanted to come but accidentally did. “Look I get you are still worried but at least try not to let them get to you.” She insisted. “You’ve already come this far.”

“But what if they laugh at me.” Apple Bloom asked.

“Just stand up for yourself.” She advised. “And there are friends of our’s ready to back you up in case they get really mean towards ya’ll.” She added as Twilight and the Lion Guard arrive with encouraging smiles.

“I think you might be surprised of who’ll make friends with.” Applejack added as Apple Bloom saw the two mean rich ponies approaching her as she quickly uses a table cloth over the punch bowl to serve as a pink dress to cover it up.

“Well, well, well, look who's here.” Diamond said as she came to gloat some more.

“Nice outfit.” Silver Spoon commented.

“Just sumt'n I, uh, pulled together last minute.” Apple Bloom returned.

“It really shows off your cutie mark. Oh wait, that's right, you don't have one.” Daimaond again taunted as the Guard remains undeterred by their insensitive comments as they see two fillies come inside and sneak their way under the table as the scene unfolds.

“Uh, I have a cutie mark.” She lied.

“Eh, what? Since when?” Silver Spoon questioned sensing her bluff.

“Since... Um... Earlier today.” She insisted otherwise.

“Oh really? Let's see it.” She pressed her as she kept pressing to keep up the attempted charade.

“I shouldn't. I couldn't. My cutie mark is so unbelievably amazing, I'm afraid that if I show it off, everyone will start paying attention to me instead of you. Outshined at your own cute-ceañera. Can you imagine how embarrassing that would be?” She reasoned with them.

“Uh, forget it, I didn't really want to see it anyway.” Diamond just said in response.

“Okay, well, I'm gonna go mingle. Enjoy your party.” Apple Bloom replied as she walked off seeing they bought it… at least until she accidentally tripped and pulled the cloth off thus exposing her little lie to them to which the party stopped upon seeing this.

“Oh no.”

“Wow, that is an amazing cutie mark.” Silver Spoon commented seeing that they were correct from the start.

“Nice try...” Diamond smugly added.

“Blank flank!” The two mocked her together.

“You got a problem with blank flanks?” A voice called from under the table in her defense. “I said, you got a problem with blank flanks?” She then repeated to the stunned snobbish fillies as the little peagsus filly with, slightly smaller than normal wings, orange fur, and a purple mane and tail, Scootaloo, stepped forward along with a white-furred unicorn with a pink and purple colored mane and tail, Sweetie Belle came to her defense.

“The problem is, I mean, she's like, totally not special.” Silver Spoon answered.

“No, it means she's full of potential.” The unicorn corrected her.

“It means she could be great at anything.” The little peagsus added. “The possibilities are…” She said mimicking Diamond’s voice to fire back her words at her. “…like, endless.”

“She could be a great scientist, or an amazing artist, or a famous writer. She could even be mayor of Ponyville someday.” The unicorn added of how muh potential she has.

“And she's not stuck being stuck-up like you two.” The peagsus also added to which the laughter is turned against them.

“Hey, this is my party, why are you two on her side?” Diamond protested.

“Because...” The peagsus started as Apple Bloom realized as they showed that their flanks are blank too.

“You don't have your cutie marks either? I thought I was the only one.”

“We thought we were the only two.” Scootaloo returned.

“I for one think you are three very lucky fillies.” Twilight stepped forward to compliment them.

“Lucky? How can they be lucky?” Diamond incredulously asked.

“They still get to experience the thrill of discovering who they are, and what they're meant to be.” She answered as she put them in her place.

“And they got all the time in the world to figure it out, not just an afternoon.” Applejack added while giving her little sister a knowing wink as the other fillies gather around the trio in amazement with their unique appearance.

“Hey, what's everypony doing? This is my party, everypony is supposed to be paying attention to me.” Diamond insisted they all turn back to her.

“Hmm, guess they find the blank flanks more interesting than you.” Fuli returned as she approached them. “Too bad you girls already have your cutie marks not that you both understand do you?” She added in a mimicking tone leaving the two speechless of how much they just got told off with their own words thrown back at them.

“Name's Scootaloo.” The orange filly introduced.

“And I'm Sweetie Belle.” The white unicorn added.

“Apple Bloom.” The yellow filly returned to them as they all bond with a special connection with common ground together while Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon watch from on top of the nearby stairs in dismay that they are paying more attention to the three fillies than them.

All while this was going on the Guard watched now pleased that everything worked out with Bunga and Beshte dancing to the beat in the center of the room, Kion and Fuli have punch together with Twilight and Applejack. Ono during the dance gave them an “I got my eye on you.” look to the two should they even think about making fun of the three fillies just because they don’t have cutie marks on behalf of the Guard. The three fillies who have just recently bonded conversed at a nearby table.

“So I was thinking, now that we're friends... I mean, we are friends, right?” Apple Bloom started and then asked again to make sure.

“How could we not be?” Scootaloo replied to cement they are. “We're totally alike. We don't have cutie marks, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon drive us crazy…” She added with a roll of her eyes.

“Totally crazy.” Sweetie Belle added in agreement as Apple Bloom continued.

“Well, now that we're friends, what if the three of us work together to find out who we are and what we're supposed to be?” She asked them.

“Ooh! Ooh! We could form our own secret society.” She said as she liked the idea.

“I'm liking this idea.” Scootaloo said on board with the idea too.

“A secret society. Yeah. We need a name for it though.” Apple Bloom pondered with a hoof on her chin.

“The Cutie Mark Three?” Scootaloo proposed.

“The Cutastically Fantastics?” Sweetie Belle proposed.

“How about... The Cutie Mark Crusaders?” Apple Bloom proposed.

“It's perfect!” Scootaloo stamped her approval to that name.

“This is gonna be so great!” Sweetie voiced her excitement of what they can accomplish together

“We're gonna be unstoppable!” Apple Bloom cheered.

“What do you say we celebrate with some of these delicious cupcakes?” Scootaloo proposed with a cupcake she had just gotten to which Apple Bloom quickly stopped her from biting into it as it was one of the burnt ones she made earlier.

“Not the cupcakes. Trust me.” She firmly voiced against doing so.

“Let's see if there are any cookies.” Sweetie Belle suggested.

“Yeah! Come on.” Apple Bloom declared as she led the way before making their way to the dance floor with Twist dancing alongside them.

As the three walk off to do so while Twilight and Kion smile proudly at the newly formed bond of friends as the former has a new friendship lesson for the Princess.

“Dearest Princess Celestia,

I am happy to report that one of your youngest subjects has learned a valuable lesson about friendship. Sometimes, the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are.

The princess later got Twilight’s letter as she read it out loud in her private study while resting near her fire place before glancing at her big bright sun cutie mark on her flank seeing a much very valuable lesson discovered that day.

Author's Note:

In the first of episodes with the main cast on the sidelines for once, it starts with Apple Bloom worrying over her cutie mark despite others assuring her it will come in time until she meets Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

For this I've tried my best to fit them in with the plot calls for it in addition readjusted the bit of Diamond Tiara and Sweetie Belle's bullying going unnoticed followed by the Guard making it clear to them that it will not be tolerated.

"The Show Stoppers." is up next as the CMC all tackle on another attempt to earn their cutie marks.

PreviousChapters Next