• Published 4th Dec 2020
  • 4,032 Views, 145 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 1) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion Guard and The Mane Six both work together to spread the magic of friendship while protecting Equestria and the Pride Lands.

  • ...
3
 145
 4,032

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 26: A Dog and Pony Show

Episode 26:

A Dog and Pony Show

At Canterlot Boutique, Rarity was placing gems on one of her new dresses when the bell at her front door rang to signal her of another customer arriving inside.

“Perfect!” She said as she heard the bell ringing while putting on the finishing touches. “Coming! Welcome to Carousel Boutique, where every garment is chic, unique, and magnifique.” She began with closed eyes and that gasps when her eyes open to see who is here to greet her. “Sapphire Shores! The pony of pop!”

The mare in question, had tan fur, amber eyes, blue mane and tail, and wearing a fancy white dress with purple lining along with a matching top hot and purple slippers.

“Good afternoon, Miss Rarity!” She greeted as she passed by the jaw dropped shop owner.

“You yah... y-y-you know my name?” The fashionista stammered in surprise.

“Well, of course I do, darling. I make it a point to know all of the up-and-coming designers and Clothes Horse magazine simply raved about you.” She replied as she looked around the shop.

“Oh my stars. If I'm dreaming, do not wake me up.” She gushed to herself before tending to business. “How may I help you, Miss Shores?”

“Oh please, call me Sapphire.” She insisted as the unicorn giggled as she corrected herself.

“How may I help you, Sapphire?” She said with a giggle.

“Well, as I'm sure you know, I'll be touring all of Equestria with my latest concert, Sapphire Shores' Ziegfilly Follies, so I need to look seeensational! Ow!” She answered as Rarity presented her exactly what she is looking for.

“I have just what you need. Sapphire Shores, prepare yourself for the pièce de résistance de la haute couture.” She opened the nearby curtain to reveal her lastest creation. A white dress with red and blue sparkling diamonds decorated all over it. “I used every last diamond I found on this one garment.”

“And it is spectacular!” She greatly complimented as her eyes sparkled along with it. “I'll take it.”

“Really?”

“Oh yes, and five more, each done up in a different jewel.”

“Beg pardon?”

“Costume changes.”

Rarity looked back at her jewel box and saw she was out of jewels to which she fainted at the sight with a hoof on her forehead as Sapphire Shores turns to leave.

“Yes, I do have that effect on ponies.” She chuckled as Rarity sees that she needs more gems for her latest project.

But since Rarity knows that she has two members of the Guard who love digging with one of them having a crush on her, she sees that it won’t be a problem for her.

Shortly after the order has been placed, Rarity heads over to the gem caves with Spike and Bunga there to help her.

“Oh my gosh! Sapphire Shores! The pony of pop! She is awesome!” Spike gushed over her as she and Bunga carried wagons to carry the gems in.

“I mean, she's gorgeous and talented and….” Bunga added as Rarity turned back to glare at the two. “…heh... and not even half the pony you are.”

“I mean, you're ten times more gorgeous and talented and—“ Spike added to attempt to lighten the mood when Rarity speaks up.

“Spike, Bunga, a lady is never jealous.” She told them as she worked her magic in scanning for nearby gems.

“Eh, of course not.” Spike returned.

“We knew that.” Bunga added.

“But were you totally flipping out or what?!” Spike asked.

“Ladies do not "flip out", Spike, Bunga. However, I was quite in awe.” She answered as she continued her search for gems. “Oh, I need to find more jewels than ever before to decorate her costumes. Oh, aha!” She said as her magic sensed some in the dirt right in front of her.

“Did you find some?” Spike asked.

“Yes, Spike! Right there!” She answered as she pointed ahead with her hoof.

The two hopped ahead as they dug up the gems.

“Ooooo! You look so delicious...” Spike said as he drooled and looked really to snack on them as Bunga looks confused of why he finds them delicious.

“Spike!” Rarity reminded him just as he got ahold of the gems before he could even think about eating them. “I promised I'd give you gems to snack on, but we need to collect more first or I'll never be able to make these outfits for Sapphire.”

“Hm...” Spike sighed as he placed them in the wagon. “I will miss you, my sweets.”

“Come along, you two. We have many jewels to find.” Rarity ushered them to follow her as she kept scanning for more gems.

“At your service, milady.” Spike replied with a bow.

“Yeah, what she said.” Bunga added as they followed after her.

“Spike! Bunga!” She called out to the to get to work as the two start digging where she points her glowing horn with their claws with Spike even using his tail as a jackhammer to dig them up.

After a while, they now have a cart load of gems which is leaving Spike drooling over the sight of them.

“Dude, what’s up the drooling over these?” Bunga asked.

“Because dragons love gems!” He answered not even making eye contact with the honey badger.

“Um, how?”

“They ripe, sweet, and juicy. It’s like candy in my mouth.” He answered again as Rarity tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.

“You've been very patient today, Spike. And for that you get the finest reward.” She presented him a blue gem. “This is from me to you. Is something wrong, Spike?” She then asked as hesitated to eat it.

“No. It's perfect.“ He replied as he held the gem close to him as Rarity trots off ahead.

“Ooo, bring the cart, Spike, Bunga. There are more over here.”

“For me. From Rarity.” Spike said in a lovestruck manner as he literally treasured her gift to him while Bunga snickered at him.

“Wow, you’re really crushing on her.” He teasingly remarked as Spike quickly shushed him.

“Shh! Don’t tell her that! I don’t want her to know until I’m ready to tell her!”

“Okay, lovebird!” He said as they followed after the unicorn with Spike going ahead while blushing in embarrassment unaware that they are being watched and followed by strangers from the bushes.

“Spike! Bunga! Where are you two?” She called out to the two to catch up. “You know, it's terrible to keep a lady waiting.”

“Coming!” They said together as they ran up to her before digging into the ground again.

“I think we're really going to strike gold this time. So to speak.” She said as she sensed a huge chunk of gems in this dirt hole as they two ended up finding a whole cluster of them bunched up together.

“Jackpot!”

As the strangers watched from the bushes they focused their initial attention from the dragon and honey badger to the unicorn instead.

“Well, Spike, Bunga, I think that's all we can do for today.” Rarity said certain they have enough to go home now. “And these will certainly get me well on my way with Sapphire's outfits. Why don't we start headi... oh!” She then turned a different direction when her horn glowed again leading her to the trees. “What's this? Another jewel. Oh... oh, strange. It's in the trees. Oooo— eww!” She admired the bright yellow jewel until seeing that it is attached to a dog’s collar to which she quickly backed away from. “Uh... uh... good day, gentle... uh, fellow. Uh, I am Rarity and this is my friend Spike.” She greeted him as the others did the same.

“Ehe...”

“Hey!”

“And you are...”

“A Diamond Dog.” He answered with a crazy creepy smile as he advanced on them.

“Oh really? Oh well, that explains your fine taste in jewelry.” She still smiled as she, Spike and Bunga backed up. “I mean I-I-I know that diamonds are a girl's best friend and now I know that they're a dog's best friend too, ha ha ha. So, um, you're out hunting for gems as well?”

“Yes. We hunt.” The dog answered.

“Uh... we?” Rarity wondered what they were really referring to.

“We hunt for gems. But you are a better hunter. So now we hunt... for you!” The dog answered as Bunga quickly stepped right in between them.

“Oh no you don’t!” Bunga refused to let them take her while punching him in the jaw. “Zuka Zama!”

At the same time two more diamond dogs appeared to grab Rarity from behind to which Spike uses his tail as a jackhammer on one of the diamond dog’s tails as Bunga clobbered the other before he could lay his paws on her.

“Run, Rarity Run!” Spike cried out to her as one of them pins him down into the ground.

Rarity runs for her life as she sees Spike is still stuck behind trying to subdue the diamond dogs.

“Spike! Come on! Hurry!” Rarity called out to him as the diamond dog wearing a red vest appears right behind her.

“Gotcha!” He shouted as he grabbed her while leaving her no time to reaction as Bunga tries to subdue him only to get swatted up and into the air.

“Waah! Spike! Bunga!” She cried out for help.

“Got him, Rarity! I got him!” Spike called out to her as the diamond dog with a gray vest and blue fur effortlessly threw him up the tree leaving his top scales stuck on a tree branch.

“Sorry, scaly one.” The shorter diamond dog with brown fur said to him as their leader ushers them to follow him into the holes with Rarity and Bunga in tow.

“Wait! Rarity? Bunga?” Spike called after them.

“Unhand me this instant, you ruffians. Stop! Put me down, you thugs! You brutes!” She demanded of her abductors as she struggled to hold onto to the edge of the hole she was being dragged into.

“Rarity!”

“Spike!” Rarity struggled as the three pulled her inside combined with taking note that she got dirt on her hooves. “Ah, dirt! Aaaaah, Spiiiike!”

“Which, what, where?” Spike said as he looked down at the open hole as Rarity’s voice drains down deep below.

“Save me...!”

“Nooooooooooo!” He screamed out into the sky as he ran to town to get help.

Shortly afterwards, the rest of the Mane Six along with the Lion Guard are now on their way with Twilight giving him a bag to breath in and out from as he recovered from the shock while riding on her back.

“Spike, can you breathe now?” Twilight asked as she led the way.

“Yes...I think so.” Spike replied in between breaths.

“Good. Now tell us what you know.” Kion then asked. “What happened to Bunga?”

“Yeah. 'Cause all you said earlier was...” Rainbow added as she flew over to him as he recalled the memory of him alerting them in a state of panic as he regrouped with them in town leaving them with confused expressions.

“Aaaah! Rarity... Bunga…woods... jewels... dogs... hole... taken... Save them!”

“Not a whole lot to go on there, sport.” Applejack pointed out.

“Sorry.” He apologized. “Rarity, Bunga, and I were in the woods looking for jewels when these creepy guys showed up.”

“Creepy guys?” Ono asked.

“They called themselves the Diamond Dogs. They grabbed Rarity and Bunga and disappeared down a hole in the ground.” He further explained.

“Aah.” Ono responded as he now knows what he is talking about. “Of course they are.”

“Well, this sounds mighty easy. Just take us to that there hole and we'll save Rarity.” Applejack shrugged it off thinking they can do this no problem.

But when they got to the site of their abduction they find they are dealing with a lot of holes in the ground leaving them a lot of ground to make up if they want to find them.

“Poa!”

“Holy moly, that's a lotta holeys.” Pinkie remarked.

“Looks like we’re going to have to do this the hard way.” Kion said as he and Twilight started looking through holes.

“Come on, girls! Let's get started.” Twilight said as she popped her head inside one of them. “Hello?” She called out.

After a moment the diamond dogs responded by quickly filling up the holes by spewing dirt upwards in everyone’s faces to prevent the Guard from intervening with their plans for the captured duo.

“Quick! We gotta get down one before they're all filled up.” Kion urgently told the others as they tried to do so but the diamond dogs are too quick for them as the holes are already filled up before any of them could try to jump in from the holes Fluttershy tried to jump in, the holes Applejack and Fuli tried to force their way in, and even the holes Rainbow and Ono quickly tried to dive in.

“Whew. Heavens to Betsy.” Applejack remarked of how this is much harder than she thought. “Now I'm used to pickin' myself up and dustin' myself off, but Rarity won't even touch mud 'less it's imported.”

“I wouldn’t blame her.” Fuli commented as she could relate to not wanting to get muddy.

“Oh, Rarity...” Everyone then pondered of what could be happening to her right now as they envision her in a prison cell along with Bunga squeezing his way out.



“Oh, woe is me!” She somewhat dramatically cried with a hoof to her forehead. “Whatever shall I do? “ She then said as she stepped in dirt while she was busy with her head up high. “Ah! Dirt, dirt! Get away, dirt! Oh! Make it stop, make it stop!“ She further panicked as she got messier with her mane unraveling from its curly kempt state. “Ah! Filthy, disgusting dirt. It stings, it burns. Help! Oh, somepony save me, save me!”

“We gotta save her.” Applejack then spoke up.

“And Bunga.” Kion added. “Because who knows what they could be doing to him

“How?” Ono asked.

“But they blocked up all the holes.” Fluttershy pointed out as Applejack stood on one of the dirt piles.

“Don't mean we can't dig 'em out.” Applejack insisted other as she started digging. “Come on!“

Everyone then started digging as the others waste no time in jumping on the dirt hills to dig their way down.

Although the two diamond dogs that helped their leader are still up to playing tricks on the ponies as one of them tugs on Pinkie’s tail as she was digging while doing the same to Fuli who let out a cat-like screech in pain from that. Another one pulls Fluttershy up by her tail effortlessly while dropping her back on the ground while doing the same to Ono by the feather on his head.

“Ow!”

“Oof!”

“Hey! Watch the feathers!”

The three shouted in pain as the other diamond dog trips up Spike as he runs over before the two pop their heads out for both Twilight and Rainbow to see.

“Get 'em!” Rainbow shouted as they both charged at them yet ended up knocking heads together when they ducked at the last second.

The diamond dog leader joined in on their fun as popped his head in and out of the nearby filled dirt holes while repeatedly missing Applejack and Kion who try to catch him as Beshte who was using his snout to dig the dirt away finds himself tripped along with the others before they all popped back underground leaving everyone on their backs trying to get back up.

“All those scary monsters popping up everywhere. Oh, poor Rarity must be terrified.” Fluttershy expressed concern over her well-being as they envision her of that happening while Bunga defiantly watches on bravely in the face of them.

“Give me the baubles!”

“Give me the beads!”

“Where are the trinkets?!

The diamond dog trio all demanded of her as she screamed at every time they questioned her like that.

“Where is the treasure?!” The three demanded together as Rarity fainted from the shock of being pressed that question leaving Bunga by himself fending off against them.

“Poor Rarity. What are we gonna do?” Twilight asked.

“I got it!” Spike proposed as he got an idea with the blue gem Rarity gave her as he looked at the hole the dogs last disappeared into. “I'll save you, my sweet.”

“Huh?” Everyone asked in confusion as he uses the gem as literal fishing bait.

“Hapana!” Ono remarked. “I get it. A little dog-fishing.” He chuckled as the others return puzzled expressions that he actually made that joke. “Anyways…” He then awkwardly said.

“My sweet?” Fuli asked while slightly amused. “Is there something going on between you two?”

“No!” Spike quickly said while blushing a hue of pink-red mad as the cheetah stifles a chuckle out while being nudged in the shoulder by Kion to knock it off while holding back laughter too with a smile.

“Spike, it is very noble of you...” Twilight began before being shushed.

“Shhh!”

“...to sacrifice the gem Rarity gave you.” She finished in a quieter tone as the baby dragon envisions himself being the girl’s knight in shining armor.

“Oh, Lady Rarity. My damsel in distress. I shall save you.” He said as appeared to them as a tall and muscular fully grown dragon wearing a metal shoulder pads and matching belt, a red cape with matching boots, black pants, while carrying a medieval weapon. “Show yourselves, you dogs! You curs! Ah. There you are, you mangy mutts.” He said undeterred to them as they appear from the shadows.

“Who are you calling mutts? Unleash the hounds!” The lead took offense to that comment as he whistled for the guard dogs wearing similar armor and helmets to Spike.

At the right moment when all the dogs closed in on him, he swiftly took them all down from his weapon to using his tail with effortless grace before ending the fight by breathing fire at the remaining charging dogs to make them back off.

“Now, where is Lady Rarity?” He asked of the cowering trio who quickly ponyed to the side as he charges in and busts in on her potential prison cell.

“Spike! I knew you would save me!” Rarity gratefully said while wearing a dashing purple dress similar to a damsel in distress’s outfit from fairly tales.

“Nothing could stop me, milady.”

“Ohohohoh, Spike. You are my... hero.” Rarity complimented while batting her eye lashes affectionately before preparing to give him the smooch of victory as Spike leaned in for the kiss as well before Bunga leaps in to interrupt in the fantasy.

“Thanks again, oh mighty and heroic Spike.” Bunga complimented as Spike snapped out of his fantasy as he realized his lips were close to kissing Applejack and Fuli.

“Hoho there, lover boy.” Applejack returned with an amused smile.

“Don’t have a crush on her, huh?” Fuli teasingly asked with a knowing smile as Spike lightly grinned before seeing the fishing pole being tugged on being they have taken the bait.

“Whoa! Whoa whoa whoawhoawhoa... I got a bite! I got a bite!” He said as he struggled to hang on.

“Hold on there, little fella.” Applejack said as she grabs ahold of him in an attempt to stop him from being dragged in but finds himself dragged inside too.

“Applejack!” Twilight called after her as she tried catching her by the tail but finds herself pulled inside.

“Twilight!” Rainbow called after her while futility trying to stop the same from happening to her to no avail.

“Oh my goodness, oh my goodness...” Fluttershy said as she followed after them.

“Wait for me!” Pinkie cheerifully added as she willingly jumped into the hole.

“Quick after them!” Kion shouted to the others as he led the way by jumping after them with the others following suit.

“Wait, Kion!” Beshte stopped him. “Hop on!” He told everyone as they all did so without question. “Twende kiboko!” He shouted as he jumped inside while Ono flew after them.

“Hevi Kabisa!”

“Hapana!”

As the Mane Five all hang onto Spike tail to tail, the Lion Guard are all hurling down the hole riding on Beshte since he was descending downwards faster over a big opening in between the slope before being into another hole to where they all finally landed while Pinkie is the only one to enjoy the ride like she was at the amusement park.

When everyone all landed inside, they all got up and brushed the dust off of themselves as they recovered.

“Ha ha, it worked! We're in! Now we can finally save Rarity!” Spike celebrated thinking they now shouldn’t have problems finding her. But finds that he celebrated to earlier as Twilight pointed out to the multiple tunnels in front of them.

“Um... which way do we go?” Twilight asked.

“Nooooooooooo!” Spike sky-ward screamed again.

“Hevi Kabisa! All these tunnels...” Kion brought up.

“How are we ever gonna find Rarity?” Twilight asked as she turned to the others.

“Guess we're just gonna have to start going down them one by one.” Applejack stated their best and only solution to this.

“All right then let’s…” Kion started to ask tunnel directions to everyone before Rainbow flew over to cut him off.

“That could take forever! There's gotta be way to narrow it down.”

“Good point.” Fuli acknowledged considering they have never been down here before.

“I know!” Spike came up with another idea. “I bet they've taken Rarity and Bunga down the tunnel with the most gems.”

“But Spike, Rarity is the only one who knows how to find gems.” Twilight pointed out.

“No, Twilight. You can!” He corrected her. “You can copy Rarity's gem-finding spell.”

“Oh my gosh!” She realized. “You're right! Rarity showed me how she did it a while back. If I can just remember...” She then said as she focused her magic to replicate the spell.

Once she was able to do it she was able to show where the underground gems are in the cave with the tunnel with the most gems on the one on the right.

“That's it. You did it, Twilight! Come on!” Spike commended her as she hopped on her back as the unicorn leads the way. “We're coming, Rarity. We'll save you. Just hold on.

Meanwhile at the end of that tunnel was Raity and Bunga face to face with the diamond dogs as they are both cornered by their kidnappers. While Bunga was looking defiant towards them, Rarity was pleading for mercy.

“Oh please, Diamond Dogs. Please let us go.” She pleaded with her back against the wall.

“Yeah! I don’t know what you dirty dogs think you’re doing, but you all better let us go now before someone gets hurt!” Bunga defiantly returned.

“No!”

“You're our precious little pony and honey badger.”

The short and big dogs responded in refusal.

“Forever! Muhahahaha!” The leader of the trio stated with a wicked laugh.

“But whatever do you want from us?” Rarity asked.

“Gemsss! The red-vested dog replied.

“Yes! The gems. The jewels.” The short dog added.

“Find them! Find them all!” The tall dog seeked of them.

“Really?” Bunga asked in befuddled confusion. “You dragged us down for this?”

“Oh! Is that all?” Rarity positively replied as she trotted ahead while performing her spell before sensing a small handful of gems where she used a stick to mark a big “X” on the spot. “There. A lovely pocket of jewels are right there. Now, if you'd be so kind as to show us the exit?”

She moved to make her way to leave before being held at spear point by a guard dog.

“Good! Now, dig them up, pony.” The lead dog ordered of her before turning to the honey badger. “You too, honey badger.”

“Oooh…” Bunga then realized why they really abducted them.

“What? But you said you wanted me to find the gems.” Rarity pointed out.

“Yeah! A deal’s a deal!” Bunga supported that claim.

“Yes! Find and then dig.” The short dog clarified of what he meant.

“Dig?”

“Yes. Dig.” The tall dog repeated with gritted teeth as they all pointed for the two to dig at the “X”.

“Ohh...” She said as she lightly dragged her hoof into the ground while Bunga closely watches which surprised the three as the tall dog got in Rarity’s face.

“What are you doing? We said dig!”

“Forgive me, but prior to you so rudely dragging me into your dirt pit, I had a pony-pedi and I am not about to chip a hoof because you dislike my style of digging.” Rarity responded with an assertive stance before continuing to tap the ground with her hoof.

“Oh, for goodness— Fine! Just stop. Stop!” The red-vested dog relented with an exaseperated face-palm. “Dig, dogs! Dig! And fast.” He called to the guard dogs from the opening above to do the job.

“She won't dig, she pulls.” The tall dog then advanced on the unicorn with a crate in his paws with the short dog carrying a rusty old harness

“I beg your pardon, but what, pray tell, are you doing?” Rarity demanded as they again backed them against the wall.

“Others will dig. You will haul the wagon.” He answered.

“Prrrecious pony-pedi will be preserved.” The shorter dog added as he placed the harness on her back while strapped the honey badge onto the harness to ensure he doesn’t escape.

“Well, somebody certainly needs proper nail care.” She further went on talking to them as they placed their claws on her fur coat. “When was the last time you two had a manicure? You're scratching up my coat with those jagged things!”

“Please be quiet!” The lead dog demanded as she and Bunga picked up a stinky whiff from him with the former moreso since Bunga doesn’t really have a good sense on what stinks.

“Whoa! P.U., what is that smell?” Bunga asked as he covered his nose. “That’s stinker than me.”

“Smeeeeeell?” He questioned.

“Ah, mystery solved. It's your breath.” Rarity said to him with a straight expression as the dog sniffed his paw coming to realize they are right.

“Enough! Search, pony!” He then irritably commanded. “Guide her honey badger!”

The two both getting the same idea at the same time, both turned to each other with secret knowing looks sharing a brief smile, before focusing on the diamond dogs as Rarity starts walking ahead with Bunga watching ahead.

“Well, since you insist... but I must say the working conditions in here are simply dreadful.” She went on to complain as she started marking “X’s” on the ground while the guard dogs start digging. “Musty and damp, it's going to wreak havoc on my mane. And this air is stifling, suffocating. And when I try to take a deep breath, the stench of all you dogs makes me nauseated.” She further complained as the dog guards wind up having broken stone pillars crash on them for their clumsiness for their lack of properly dealing with support beams. “You look and smell like you haven't bathed in weeks. Have you never heard of soap? You could all do with a good round of soap and water. Oh water, oh water, I'm terribly thirsty. Could I please have some water?”

“I mean seriously, if you can afford to run this little operation by yourselves you certainly are better off using some of these gems to get yourself something nice while you’re at it.” Bunga joined in on the fun. “I mean seriously, why even bother dragging us down here when you can do it on your own. Are you guys that stupid?”

“Good gracious, I can't take this anymore. Be quiet, pony and honey badger!” The short pony snapped at them.

“And that's another thing. I would appreciate if you stopped calling me "pony". I am a lady and I wish to be addressed as such. So you may call me "Miss" or "Rarity" or "Miss Rarity".” Rarity didn’t stop.

“And goes the same for me, either Bunga, or Mister Bunga.” He added as he didn’t back off either.

“Enough! Your whining! It-it-it hurts!” The lead dog shouted with his ears covered up.

“Whining? I am not whining. I am complaining. Do you want to hear whining?” Rarity responded as she then tackles into full gear on whining. “Thiiis iiis whiiining! Oooh, this harness is too tiiight! It's going to chafe. Can't you loosen it? Oooh, it hurts and it's sooo ruuusty! Why didn't you clean it first? It's gonna leave a staaain! And the wagon's getting heeeavy, why do I have to pull it?!” She complained in a high-pitch tone and like a fussy child.

“Aaah! Make it stop!” The short dog demanded while covering his ears and face on the ground.

“Stop whining!” The lead dog demanded.

“But I thought you wanted whiiining!” Bunga added in the same tone.

“Geh! We'll do anything, pony! You too, honey badger!” He gave in to their demands. “Oh, uh, uh, we'll do anything, "Miss Rarity" and “Mister Bunga.”

“Anything?” The two asked as the unicorn’s was more dreamy while Bunga’s was more eager seeing they got these dumfounded diamond diggers right in their paws and hooves because in short time the two find themselves being fanned by the guard dogs while treated to water along with the caves being decorated with décor to their liking while the dimwitted dogs are doing all of the work.

“This water is hardly sparkling. But I suppose it will have to do.” Rarity commented in slight disappointment as she took a drink form her cup.

“Eh, considering this is the best they can do.” Bunga added as he gulped down the water from his cup.

“Wait! Why are we doing this?” The lead dog pony than suddenly realized.

“To stop the awful noises from the pony's mouth, remember?” The shorter dog reminded him while his boss quickly shut him up before he could start.

“Yes, yes, I know. This is ridiculous! Letting a pony order us around. What are we? Mice or dogs?” He then asked them.

“Mi... dogs?” The two replied as he gives them a blank stare.

“Dogs do not pull. Ponies pull. Let her make the awful noises.” He then stated as he got her hooked up to the cart with gems again.

“What are you doing? Hey, you spilled my drink.” Rarity said as he did so. “Oh! Not sooo tiiight!” She whined to remind them.

“What’s the idea?” Bunga asked very annoyed.

“Ha! Make the noises all you want. But move while you make them. Hyah, mule!” He dismissed it while slapping her butt to which surprised Rarity and Bunga greatly.

“Oooh….you did not just do that!” Bunga said as Rarity turns to him.

“Did you just call me a... mule?” She shockingly asked him which left the dog speechless as she started to tear up. “Mules are ugly. Are you saying that I too am ugly?”

She then released tears as she dropped down to the floor with only Bunga’s comfort.

“What are these noises?” The short dog asked.

“He called me ugly!” She dramatically cried out.

“No! Mule! I said mule!” He quickly corrected her as her mood failed to change.

“An old ugly mule! And it's true! Just look at me. I used to be beautiful, but, but nooow...”

“No, no! You're still beautiful, po... uh, Miss Rarity.” The tall dog tried to lighten the mood.

“You're just saying that!” She refused to believe them.

“No, you're still pretty and... and...”

“Oh, uh, uh, nice. Yeah.”

Both the short dog then the lead dog all tried to correct the latter’s insult.

“I don't believe you! You never liked me!” She still persisted through her wailing which had them covering their ears in complete irritation.

“Disappointing….” Bunga said to them while shaking his head in disapproval as she and Rarity secretly share a wink together as they keep the act up. “You shouldn’t have said that I mean you should be ashamed of yourselves making a poor unicorn cry like that. I mean who taught you all to talk like that? Huh?”

“Oh, I've had just about enough of this!” The red-vested dog was now at the end of his rope in patience dealing with the two.

Meanwhile in the middle of the caves as Twilight leads the way.

“We're getting close. I can feel it.” She said as they all heard Rarity’s crying.

“It's coming from down here. Come on!” Spike exclaimed as they all reached the end of the tunnel with a few pathways to choose from.

“She must be in there. Let's go!” Rainbow declared as guard ponies leaped onto everyone’s backs.

“More workhorses and workmules.” One of the guard ponies declared as they lassoed ropes on their muzzles.

“Hoh, doggies. If you can take this bull by the horns, you better be ready for a ride.” Applejack stated asserting they are not taking this lying down. “Come on, everyone! Kick 'em up, kick 'em out. Buck 'em up, buck 'em down.”

While all of the ponies and Beshte quickly did so and shook them all off, Kion and Fuli just had to place their claws into their fur to get them to run off in pain as they let go of them as Ono simply flies away to avoid getting a single claw from one of them touching him.

“Yeehaw! Get along, little doggies!” She shouted as they all retreated as Spike grabbed a piece of cave to use as a sword as he prepares to charge in for his heroic rescue.

“I'm coming for you, milady. Hi-ho, Twilight! Away!” Spike said to Twilight who looked and expressed protest towards him.

“And just what do you think you're doing?” She asked as if he is serious in trying to force her at act as a horse for him.

“Please, Twilight. Just give me this.” He returned as the unicorn relented.

“Eh... fine.”

As Twilight led the way, Kion and the others followed.

“We’re coming Bunga!”

“Lady Rarity, I'm here to save you!” Spike called as Twilight burst through the metal in front of them yet are all surprised with what they all came across too when they charged inside.

“Save us! Please, save us! Make it stop! Please!” The diamond dogs pleaded with them as they ran up to her.

“Excuse me?”

“What?”

Both Twilight and Ono asked in confusion.

“So picky.”

“And critical.”

“She won't stop talking.”

“And crying.”

“And even that honey badger is so annoying he won’t even stop nagging.”

“We, uh, give them back. Yes.”

The dogs listed off every annoying and agonizing thing they had to put up with as the two approach from behind with the honey badger riding on Rarity who is currently hauling a cart full of gems.

“Rarity!”

“Bunga!”

“You're safe!”

Both Spike and Kion both said to them as they exchanged friendly hugs.

“Heck yeah!” Bunga returned nonchalantly

“Hello, girls and guys.” Rarity greeted everyone. “You arrived just in time to assist me.”

“Assist you with what?” Applejack asked.

“With those.” Rarity pointed to all of the gems she, Bunga, and the dogs have gathered together.

“Poa!” Beshte commented at the sparkling sight.

“You're letting her leave with all these... jewels?” Spike asked as he looked on with slightly gazed interest.

“Yes. Take them. And them with them. Please!” The lead dog answered as he and the others stood to the side wanting nothing more to do with them as the rest of the Guard could believe their very eyes they could actually weaponized their antics.

Everyone in the Guard minus Ono, Bunga, and Spike who rode on top of the gems while the egret flew each carried a cart full of gems as they all make their way back to Ponyville.

“I can't believe two found all these gems!” Pinkie commented in amazement.

“Heh. I can't believe you two tricked all those dogs.” Rainbow added.

“Well believe it, because we just did.” Bunga proudly stated.

“Just because I'm a lady doesn't mean I cannot handle myself in a sticky situation.” Rarity thought nothing of it.

“And even though I have caused my fair share of problems half the time…” Bunga started as everyone looked at him. “…Okay most of the time.” He quickly corrected. “…Anyways point being doesn’t mean I’m entirely helpless too. I am the Guard’s Bravest after all.”

“We had them wrapped around my hoof the entire time.” Rarity added as Bunga leaped from the cart as they share a fist hoof bump together.

“Well, you two did a very great job!” Kion complimented them.

“I can't wait to write to Princess Celestia to tell her what you taught me today.” Twilight said to her.

“Really?” Bunga replied with a smug grin.

“Me? What did I teach you?” Rarity asked.

“Just because somepony is ladylike doesn't make her weak. In fact, by using her wits, a seemingly defenseless pony can be the one who outsmarts and outshines them all.” Twilight explained as she eyed the honey badger to rub it in. “Along with a seemingly annoying honey badger.”

“Hm... "outshines" is right.” Spike said as he munched on a red gem. “Now you have enough gems to cover Sapphire Shores' costumes.”

“Not if you eat them all, Spike.” Rarity replied as she snatched the half eaten gem away from him just before he could finish it.

Spike sighed in disappointment

“Well it’s good to know that Bunga knows how to use his head…” Ono said as they hear a sickening crunch from Bunga as he tried to taste one of the green gems which cracked his teeth as a result.

“Did you just try to eat that?” Fuli asked with a “Seriously?” look.

“Yep.” Bunga happily replied. “I can see why Spike loves them and how only dragons enjoy them. Like rock candy.”

“When it counts.” Ono added as he felt corrected there as everyone laughed together as they headed back home back to Ponyville.

Author's Note:

For this as Spike gets another role in this episode in leading the charge to save the love of his life, so do Rarity and Bunga as they both use their dramatic and annoying tactics to their advantage as they both had the dimwitted diamond dogs wrapped around their claws and hooves.

Yes, Bunga can be annoying and like Rarity they weren't initially popular at first, but after Character Development with episodes devoted to them they both become more popular over time and managed to close the gap with the others.

Next up is "Green Isn't Your Color." is we have another Rarity episode as she struggles with her colors with Fluttershy's rise to fame.

PreviousChapters Next