• Published 2nd Oct 2020
  • 3,085 Views, 32 Comments

A Weekend of Fun - ScisetShimmerEvan



A Sciset Story on Sunset and Twilight's first date is gonna be a blast of fun with what they got planned.

  • ...
4
 32
 3,085

The Confession (Updated 1/11/2023)

It was Saturday morning at Sunset’s apartment. The previous day Sunset and Twilight had a fun day together going shopping at the mall, heading to the beach, and having a dinner date together.

But sadly as we all know it didn’t go that well according to plan when Twilight asked Sunset about how in the fall they’d be starting their senior year of high school and that after they graduate and summer is over they’d be going through separate ways to other colleges and starting a path to their future careers. This of course upset Sunset since she had forgotten about it since she was distracted by what had been happening the last few months. From Camp Everfree, The music contest with the Shadowbolts, returning to Equestria and meeting Starlight Glimmer, and finally the Memory Stone incident with Wallflower and Sunset reuniting with Princess Celestia for the first time in years.

It was a foggy morning and both girls were still huddled up in their sleep except they removed their jackets and were just in their bras and panties they wore the day before. Sunset soon awoke and was surprised to see Twilight still hugging her after what happened the previous night. Twilight seemed to be serious about what she told her that she didn’t want to lose her the night she saved Sunset or leave her at all.

Sunset soon got out of bed as quietly as she could, not trying to wake up Twilight before she made her way to use the bathroom.

After washing her face and using the bathroom she walked out to her desk and turned on her computer to check for any new emails.

Therefore course wasn’t any new emails for an early Saturday morning. The same went for Mystable. Except for some posts, her friends posted the night before.

As Sunset went up back to her bed she grabbed her phone sitting on the nightstand next to her sleeping girlfriend Twilight Sparkle. After grabbing her phone and the jacket Twilight made for her she went down towards Twilight and moved a bit of her hair out of her face. While she did she felt her warm skin against her hand. Sunset smiled while doing it, being glad that she now has a girlfriend and that her future might be better than she thought it originally would be.

Twilight moved a bit in her sleep exposing her bra, messy hair, and a smile creeping onto the sleeping girl.

"I love you Sunset," Twilight said in her sleep.

Sunset smiled at her before heading down towards her couch unaware that Twilight was now awake as she saw her walking towards her couch.

As Sunset sat down on the couch and turned on her phone she was greeted with her background photo of herself and her friends together when they were at the beach the previous week. The same picture was seen in the yearbook for their junior year of high school.

Sunset decided to go through her photo library at the many fun memories she's had within the last few months. From the pictures of the fun at the beach the previous weekend, all the way back to before Twilight joined their group before the Friendship Games.

Sunset sometimes forgot how her hair was a different color and her outfit was completely different after the conclusion of the Battle of the Bands.

She still remembered surprisingly her friends with her new look a few weeks before the Friendship Games and how it looked like she had changed. Not to mention the new jacket she had looked pretty good on her, and her shirt matched the color of her eyes.

As Sunset looked at the photos taken just a day before the Memory Stone Incident she started to feel a tear fall down her face and a frown appeared as well.

Twilight saw the whole thing while she quietly got up putting on her glasses, slippers, and her light blue jacket as she silently walked down the stairs until she was right behind Sunset.

Sunset soon started to tear up a bit more til Twilight put a reassuring hand on Sunset's left shoulder. Sunset was surprised at first seeing her girlfriend there til she smiled at her. Sunset smiled back, but the tears were still coming with no signs of stopping.

“Morning Twilight. Sorry if I woke you up,” Sunset said quietly.

“It’s fine Sunset. I’m usually up this early on weekends anyway. I take Spike out for early morning walks when he wakes me up to spend some time with him. Whether it's barking at me or licking my face with his slobber.”

Sunset laughed when hearing that as the two of them adjusted their jackets a bit. The temperature was quite cold that morning, but they would be warm once again after Twilight sat down next to Sunset. She looked at her with glee but was shocked to see tears on her face.

“Sunset what’s the matter? Are you ok?”

Twilight placed her right hand on her friend's shoulder before proceeding to wipe a few tears off of Sunset’s face.

“I’m fine Twilight. It's just. Sigh. I was looking at the photos we took the day before the Memory Stone Incident started, and all I could think of was the things that happened when I met up with you and the girls at the beach the next morning. I wanted to cry when hearing that you all had forgotten who I am. It was horrible!”

Some more tears soon went down her face as Sunset thought back to that moment.

“Sunset it wasn’t your fault. We were under a spell. Wallflower used it to make us forget you were our friend as revenge for what she’s gone through. And besides, I do too feel upset with myself. I mean, when you stepped on my drone by accident, I thought you did it on purpose, but in reality, you tripped on a beach ball before your boot landed on it. I should have accepted your help when you offered it. But thanks to that stupid stone, I had to say you had done enough before our friends made those mean glares at you!” Twilight herself was now starting to cry with tears of her own on her face over the memory.

“Twilight you couldn’t control yourself, none of the girls could either. It was a bad idea that I tried to tell you all what happened and that I ended up breaking your drone while trying to explain the photos I had weren't fake! But it all turned sour after Trixie came into the picture..."

“Oh, Sunset come here.”

Both girls soon went into a hug before crying into each other's shoulders as they did the night prior. They soon look into each other’s eyes thinking there’s only one thing to help them calm down. And that was a kiss as they went into one before doing another to help them feel a bit better.

After their kissing and hug were done they turned away from each other, mainly moving a bit of their hair out of their faces, zipping a bit of their jacket's zipper up with a few of their bras visible before turning back to face each other.

“It feels kinda weird that we ended up crying for one another two times in just two days huh Sunset?”

“Sure does Twilight. I don’t think I’ve cried this much since the Anon-A-Miss Incident, or after I was defeated at the Fall Formal.”

“You want another hug? But without the crying?”

“Of course.”

The hug lasted for about a minute before they looked into each other's eyes. blushing once again. They now felt a bit better after their second breakout.

“You feeling better now Sunset?”

“Yes, especially since I have you here.”

They soon smiled at one another before Sunset looked down at her legs as she began to think about something.

“Listen Twilight, I know it’s been only a day since we started dating. But, I honestly just... I don’t know how long we should keep this secret from our friends that we're dating now. Keeping this secret locked away just isn't something I want to do. Especially if it's hiding the love I feel for you.”

“I feel the same. I don’t know how long I'll be able to hide it from my family. Shining Armor can often tell something is up with me just by the way I behave. I still remember when he told me he had proposed to Candance and wanted me to keep it secret from our parents til he felt ready to tell them. So, are you saying we should tell both my parents and-”

“Our friends,” they both said at the same time before blushing in embarrassment.

“I think we should. I’m not even sure if our friends have noticed it themselves but, we have to. On the other hand, how do you feel about this? Do you want to do this?”

“As long as you're with me when we explain it to them, of course.”

The two girls soon smiled at each other once more before going into a third hug and yet another kiss, before heading over to the kitchen to wipe up some breakfast.


After breakfast was over they sat back down on the couch again, but this time in their pajamas. As they looked at each other in confidence as Sunset was about to send a message in their group chat to their friends on something important. Twilight soon gave Sunset the signal as she typed away before sending the message, awaiting their friend's replies.

Hey girls. I know it's early and a Saturday but is it alright if you come to my apartment? Twilight is with me and we’d like to talk to you all about something important.

Why of course Darling.

What is it Sunset? Something worrying you?

You guys need some cheering?

I don’t have any chores for the day so what’s up?

Is There a reason Twilight didn’t reply to any of my messages yesterday? Got the newest copy of Daring Do.

We’ll explain when you all arrive ok? We’ll explain the rest then. Promise.


After 20 minutes of waiting their friends arrived at Sunset's apartment.

The five of them were changed into their normal outfits while Sunset and Twilight were still in their pajamas, the only thing different was their hair was no longer messy or of bedhead hair.

“So tell us, darling, what do you want to talk to us about this early on a Saturday?” Questioned Rarity.

“And can Twilight tell me why she didn’t respond to my text over the Daring Do book I got?!?!?!” Replied an angry Rainbow Dash.

“First off, Sunset and I had spent yesterday having fun together, just the two of us. And second, I didn’t reply to your text because I put you on silent Rainbow!!! I also had the book pre-ordered and got it three days ago.”

“Oh come on!” Replied Rainbow as she collapsed into her chair in shame.

“It’s just a book Dash. Now sugarcube, you mind explaining what you wanted to tell us? It’s been in my head all mornin,” replied Applejack.

Sigh, alright Applejack we’ll talk,” said Sunset as she and Twilight sat down on the couch before her girlfriend began their confession.

“Well, you see girls. The reason why I was with Sunset in the first place was that-”

“I asked Twilight to come over on Thursday night before I ended it all!” Sunset quickly replied.

“Ended what Sunset?” Questioned Fluttershy, as she adjusted her blue butterfly beret.

“Before I ended my life.”

This soon caused the five of them to gasp in horror over what they just heard from Sunset.

“You're joking right Sunset? This isn’t a prank is it?” Replied an upset-looking Rainbow Dash.

“Rainbow darling, remind me when was the last time Sunset did this to us? Oh, wait I remember, back when she was still a bully! And besides, out of the seven of us, you and Pinkie are normally the ones who do the joking around here. But it still doesn't change how we acted last week because of that blasted stone!” Replied an upset Rarity, who gave Rainbow the cold shoulder.

“So then it’s true, that Sunset almost-”

“Killed herself!” Pinkie finished off Fluttershy’s sentence while her hair deflated.

“Yes, it's true. Ever since last week when we destroyed the Memory Stone, it was all I was thinking about, and it never seemed to escape my mind. I started to have nightmares where I couldn’t stop Wallflower in time. And the memories of all the good things I've done were all lost forever.”

Sunset soon started to tear up a bit as Twilight put her hand on her girlfriend’s shoulder.

“That's when Sunset then texted me to come over the night. I could already tell something was up so I of course came over. After we headed to bed that night Sunset decided to jump off the roof of her apartment to kill herself over these thoughts of hers."

The girls were all silent for a good minute before Twilight continued.

"She didn’t want to tell us since she didn’t want you all to worry too much. Even if you are just her friend. And after I saved her, I found out something else Sunset was hiding from us.”

“What is it?” Replied Applejack.

Sunset then removed her jacket and her shirt revealing many scars on her body. Even one on her chest before pulling it back down in disappointment.

“I’ve been secretly hurting myself.”

“But why Sunset? Why did you not tell us? We would have helped you and listened?” Replied Rainbow Dash.

“We helped you the last time we found out after the Fall Formal you were hurting yourself!” Replied Pinkie.

“And after our sisters revealed they were the ones behind Anon-A-Miss darling,” replied Rarity.

“I couldn’t take the pain anymore. I’ve been ignored twice regarding the way I am. First the Anon-A-Miss Incident and then the Memory Stone Incident. It made me think that I’m not worth being your friend after everything I've done. Especially since I came here from Equestria. I'm not from here, so what's the point of staying if this world already has a Sunset Shimmer? Wherever she might be that is...”

This of course made her friends look very displeased and upset. Rarity knew she needed to hear this as she walked over to Sunset before kneeling in front of her.

“Sunset. We know what happened in the past wasn’t that great and we truly wish some of it never happen. And truth be told, we feel the same way since the Memory Stone incident last week, on our behavior towards you when we were under that spell.”

“You do? How?” Questioned Sunset.

“We’ve been very upset with ourselves for how we acted toward you,” answered Twilight.

“From me tell you your geode is fake, to not hurrying back at all to join us at the beach,” answered Rarity.

“Me getting upset and saying you weren’t our friend or friends at all,” answered Applejack, while she removed her hat, feeling ashamed of herself.

“Me hiding behind Applejack when you were just trying to be nice to me,” said Fluttershy as she hid behind her hair.

“Me getting upset when you told me I saved you during the Friendship Game's tri-cross rally,” answered Rainbow Dash with a tear visibly going down her face.

“Me thinking that picture of the expression I made I’ve never made,” answered a sad Pinkie Pie.

“And how I hadn’t seen you since the Friendship Games when you were at the beach with us. Even Spike feels ashamed for his behavior too."

"You see Sunset, you weren’t the only one upset after the incident. We all were, and we knew darling that this is what was bothering you. And you just didn’t want to accept us as your friends again...”

Realizing the tragic mistake she had made, Sunset felt ashamed of herself, failing herself as a trustworthy friend and to the second family she had made.

“Oh, girls. I’m so sorry for worrying you all so much. This is all my fault. I should have come to you the moment I knew straight away I wasn't my normal self. But it nearly cost my life in the end.”

“Don’t blame yourself Sunset. It was all Wallflower’s doings. And even though we forgave her, a part of us still didn’t,” answered Twilight, as she started to cry along with the rest of their friends.

“Oh, Twilight. Now I see why you wanted to talk to me about this. and same with the rest of you girls. Oh, come on everyone, bring it in.”

The seven friends went into a group hug all crying together, over the events they went through with the Memory Stone incident just one week prior. This was the first time in a long time the seven of them felt this sad over their friendship after dealing with an Equestrian artifact that almost ruined their friendship entirely.

“Thank you, girls. I may not have family here but at least you all are to me.”

“And though we once hated you, you’ve changed so much because of the magic of friendship. We care for you very much darling,” said Rarity.

“You’ve not only helped us many times in the past year, but we’ve learned so much more about each other than we never knew about in the past,” replied Fluttershy.

“From coming to those parties to be with us,” replied Pinkie.

“To helping my family at the farm,” said Applejack.

“Even going to the movie studio to see the behind-the-scenes on the latest Daring Do film,” replied a now confident Rainbow Dash.

“You may not be from this world Sunset, but to us you are,” said Twilight as she moved a bit of her hair out of the way while doing so.

The group of friends soon stepped out of their group hug as they whipped away their tears, feeling relieved that they got these thoughts out of their minds.

“So is there anything else darling you wanted to tell us after Twilight saved you?” Said Rarity.

“Well yes. You want to do the honors Twilight?”

“It would be my pleasure Sunset. After I saved her and helped with her injuries, we talked it out and confessed our feelings for each other.”

“Wait, aren’t you still dating Timber Twilight?” Asked Fluttershy.

“Yeah about that. We broke up a few weeks ago. We didn’t have much of a good romantic relationship and decided to just remain as friends. I did tell him the night we broke up of these feelings I have for Sunset and Timber understood completely. He also had feelings of his own for an old friend of his from his childhood. Whom he's now in a relationship again. Even if your relationship has since ended, we've found new ones that have made us even happier.”

“Well, that is just wonderful. I know you girls would!” said a happy Pinkie Pie, just as her hair poofed back to its normal self.

“Wait. are you saying?”

“We’ve known all along,” replied the five girls.

“We just weren’t sure when you would tell us Sugarcube.”

“But whenever you two were together, you were both very happy.” Replied Fluttershy.

“I so wanted to ask but didn’t want to feel like a nerd. Anyway, now that we know it’s official, what did you both do yesterday?” Questioned Rainbow Dash.

“We spent the day together,” replied a happy Sunset.

“We went shopping, went to the beach, and had dinner together that didn’t go well. But after I mentioned what Sunset thinks she’ll do when we finish high school next year, things took a turn for the worse.”

“So then, what do you have planned then darling?”

“Since I of course have gotten used to living here, I've decided I'm gonna stay. As much as I love Equestria since that's where I'm from and grew up, I feel more at home here. Even if my counterpart might still be around somewhere, I hope we can think of something when we encounter her. Whenever that'll happens. But my overall plan is to go to college, learn more about what I need to know about this world, and maybe move in with Twilight. Or she moves in with me. That part hasn't been fully thought over, but you get the overall picture from where this is going.”

“And no one can replace our Sunset,” replied Twilight as she kissed Sunset’s face before she blushed bright red.

The five girls awed with happiness for their two friends who were now in a loving relationship.

“Oh-oh, you two should be given a nickname since you're dating now!” Replied a hyped Pinkie Pie.

“Um, I’m not sure we need one Pinkie Pie?” Replied Applejack, as she adjusted her stenson.

“No, it is perfect. Maybe SciSet or TwiSet, or SunLight or-”

“I think we're fine Pinkie,” replied Rainbow, after covering Pinkie’s mouth before they all laughed together.

“Well since we're all here. Does anyone want to head down to Sugarcube Corner? Why waste a perfect Saturday indoors when we can all go out to our favorite hangout spot," Sunset replied, to which her friends nodded in agreement.

“But first,” said Twilight.

“We both need to get changed,” Sunset said, looking down at herself.

“Not at all, darling. Come on girls let’s wait outside for them,” said Rarity as they exited Sunset’s apartment leaving their two friends by themselves.

“Well Twilight, our friends know we're dating now.”

“We sure are Sunset. I may not know what the future holds, but all I care about is knowing we’ll be together.”

“And hopefully everything goes well too.”

They both laughed just thinking about their new future ahead of them before heading up to the bedroom to get changed.

A few minutes later they had changed out of their pajamas and were ready to join their friends. Twilight was again in the same set of clothes Sunset let her borrow yesterday while Sunset decided to wear the green dress she got yesterday at the mall. Rarity of course thought she looked perfect in, even if Sunset didn't wear green that often.

The couple then grabbed a hold of their hands together as they exited the apartment to join the rest of their friends before starting a short walk to Sugarcube Corner.


That night, the two girls were in bed after enjoying a fun day with their friends. After they visited Sugarcube Corner, they went and saw a movie, had milkshakes at a café, and had a picnic in Canterlot park with two boxes full of donuts. One thing to note that happened during the picnic was when a leaf landed on Twilight's nose while she was reading a book she brought. Everyone thought it was pretty hilarious before Sunset told her she was still beautiful even without a leaf on her.

As they sat in bed in their bra and panties they talked about what they should do the next day together as a couple. They even laughed at the reaction Twilight’s mom gave them after telling them she was dating Sunset now. As for her brother, father, and old babysitter now Principal Candance of Crystal Prep/sister-in-law they all felt happy for her.

The girls giggled once again thinking that Sunset was now gonna be a part of Twilight's family one day. But for now, they had another fun day to look forward to before their last week of school would begin.

Sunset’s counterpart is still out there somewhere, but where is the question of when she might find out about her counterpart's existence? While it's a mystery at the time being Sunset knew with her friends' help they'll think of a way to help her in any way they can when the time comes.

As Twilight removed her glasses and turned off the light she looked at her beautiful girlfriend next to her as she smiled with glee.

“Goodnight Sunset I love you,” Twilight said as she kissed Sunset on the forehead.

“Goodnight Twilight I love you too," Sunset said as she kissed Twilight before they both went into another kiss before blushing afterward.

They soon got close to one another and cuddled with one another as they slowly fell asleep.

Even though Sunset didn’t have any family in this world she was lucky to have her friends as her family, her best friend and now girlfriend Twilight Sparkle, with a new future ahead of her that she is very hyped to be looking forward too.

Author's Note:

And that's a wrap the final chapter of A weekend of fun. I hope everyone has enjoyed it. I'll possibly make more in the future if I get any ideas but for now, I'm just happy people are enjoying the 2 stories I've written and I'll see you all down the line next time.

See you next time and I'm SciSetShimmerEvan :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 17 )

I finally finished it. I thought this was awesome.

Even though I read this story first I really enjoy it

10484893
I see but still glad you enjoyed it

10484997
I can't wait for the 3rd part if there is

10485253
I'll be doing more in the future. Thinking on doing a story that takes place after this once. Not sure when it'll be out but I'm still doing it.

Alright, I need to point out a few things

First off, your grammar is pretty terrible, the actual punctuation is fine but the wording of some phrases, the use of / in general and the structure of some sentences need work.

Secondly, you tend to repeat words often. It's a bit noticeable

That being said, the story was cute, it was written well enough for an inexperienced author, and I think you could do well in the future. If you haven't already i'd highly recommend trying to find a proofreader.

10490094
I'm new to this ok but people are enjoying it ok.

10490132
of course, i'm not exactly too experienced myself. Keep at it, your stories are cute.

10490151
thx gonna be writing another one in the coming weeks and another one for christmas. Might try and a get third one too before new years. Gonna see what happens since I'm in my first year of college.

I may not know what the future holds but all I’ll say is that we’ll be together.

Was that a reference to "My Past is Not Today"?

10499368
kinda but it was changed a bit.

Not sure if anyone knew this but I hide a MLP friendship is magic reference that was in this final chapter. Won't say much except that it happened in season 9 of the show and not gonna share anything on this so if anyone wants to figure out where the scene was referenced from a mlp fim episode go ahead and you might even get a shout out in a future post I make.

10542398
What I thought it was funny when I did it

i refuse to ship sunset shimmer with anyone but twilight sparkle
they were and always will be made for each other:twilightsmile:

10461712
Me too.

Btw, sorry it took so long to respond to your comment but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Login or register to comment