• Published 2nd Oct 2020
  • 3,086 Views, 32 Comments

A Weekend of Fun - ScisetShimmerEvan



A Sciset Story on Sunset and Twilight's first date is gonna be a blast of fun with what they got planned.

  • ...
4
 32
 3,086

The First Date (Updated 1/11/2023)

As Sunset and Twilight entered the store it was buzzing with activity. People were looking at many of the clothes that were on sale, heading to the changing rooms to try clothes on, employees organizing and helping customers and a long line of people at the checkout.

“So where to first?” Sunset asked as she continued to hold Twilight’s hand.

“Why don't we just look around first? We might see something we’ll like then head off to the changing room to see if we like them.”

“Sounds good to me.”

A good half-hour later after going through most of the store looking at and grabbing clothes on sale Sunset and Twilight were making their way toward the changing rooms to try them on.

After finding a stall to change in they each came out every few minutes to check out the clothes they got.

As for what they got let’s have a walkthrough on what Twilight and Sunset had got.

They both each got 4 different outfits to try on as they entered the changing rooms to show each other their outfits.

The first outfit Sunset got comprised of an orange shirt with her cutie mark on it towards the bottom left, a small vest like the one she’s been wearing but with no spikes on it, and a dark pink skirt with an orange stripe going the center.

Next was a blue buttoned-up shirt and a black skirt with light blue lining. It represented something you’d see on a while doing programming that Twilight told her about, which made the skirt more interesting.

Next was a light green dress that was just like the one Rarity gave to Princess Twilight to disguise her.

And the one as another dress but red with sleeves, making it look like she was going to prom.

As Sunset looked at herself in the mirror she thought she looked great in the lovely dress.

“The colors match you Sunset. It almost makes you look like-”

“A princess Twilight. Yes. But as much as I wanted to be one when I was still a pony, I think I’m fine just being an ordinary girl. Plus, I did win it a few times at CHS. But that was all for fun before I got obsessed with doing it. This dress is just to wear for parties and special events. So what did you choose?”

“I'm glad you asked Sunset.”

After Sunset had changed she sat waiting outside of Twilight’s stall to see what her girlfriend chose. Twilight then came out a few seconds later sporting the first outfit she got.

First was a blue argyle sweater vest over her white shirt, followed by a plain dark purple skirt.

Next up was another blue sweater but with 2 purple and pink stripes on the shoulders. Once again she had a purple skirt with that outfit that had her cutie mark on the left and dark pink lining on the bottle.

The next one she chose was a dark purple dress with red stripes, a bow, and pink stars, and the very bottom was see-through with sparkles on it.

And last was a sleeveless light blue dress that Twilight just screamed at when seeing it on a hanger. It was like something out of a fairy story that Twilight knew she needed.

“That dress looks good on you Twi. If you were still dating Timber, he would have loved it.”

“Yeah, he sure would. So you want to head on to a few more stores and then head to the beach?”

“Sure do.”

“But do you mind if we stop by my place to grab some stuff? I don't have my bathing suit on me. And last I checked you only have one.”

“I understand that Twi, let's go.”


After making their two stops to get their bathing suits and drop their new clothes off, the girls headed on down to the beach.

When they arrived it was very hot. They could feel how much they sweated on the journey from Sunset's place just by how greasy their hair felt after removing their helmets.

“Geez. It feels hotter than last week. What was the weather supposed to be today?”

“In the 80s I believe? At least we brought sunscreen and some cold beverages,” Sunset added, tapping on the bag on her shoulder.

“Right. Now let’s go find a spot, then change into our bathing suits.”

“Copy that."

They found a spot and then headed over to the bathrooms to change before coming out minutes later. They were in the same swimsuits they wore the last time they were at the beach with their friends after the Memory Stone Incident. Twilight in her 1 piece swimsuit and Sunset in her two-piece, along with their wearing their matching star sandals.

As they sat down on their towels underneath their umbrella, they applied sunscreen to try not and get sunburnt. Something they were glad they had done since the previous weekend Rainbow Dash forgot to apply some on her back giving her a nasty sunburn. For the remainder of that week, she had trouble moving her back from the tan she got and made sure to always apply it on her back first when at the beach.

“I sure don’t want to end up as Rainbow Dash did.”

“Me neither. Always best to apply sunscreen on a hot day like today. Especially down at the beach or the pool,” replied Twilight.

“So what should we do first?”

“Hmm, why not build a sandcastle? The one I built of Spike was great but it would be nice to do one with you Sunset,” said Twilight blushing.

“Ok then. Let's get building!”

About 20 minutes later they had finished their sandcastle and looked at it with gleam.

“We sure did a good job.”

“Yep, it has 3 floors, a moat, a drawbridge, and several flags,” Twilight answered, glad she knew what they needed for the castle thanks to her research.

“Well, that was fun. But I can sure go for something cold. Want to get some ice cream?”

“Of course. I can use something refreshing after building that sandcastle.”

Sunset and Twilight giggled before venturing off to buy some ice cream.


After getting their ice cream they went back to their spot to enjoy their frozen treats.

Sunset had gotten a Strawberry cone while Twilight got chocolate.

After having their ice cream they washed them down with some water they brought, feeling replenished when they finished off their bottles.

“That hit the spot,” replied Twilight, moving a bit of sweat off her face.

“Yeah, that sure did help. Do you want to go swimming now? I’ve been wanting to do some scuba diving since the sea monster mystery.”

“Sounds good to me. But I didn’t bring any gear. Where are we gonna get some?”

“I saw a booth not far from here you can rent some swimming gear."

"Oh, I didn't know that."

"Come on let’s go,” Sunset said as she grabbed Twilight’s hand as they walked over towards the booth.


After a fun day at the beach, the girls headed back to Sunset’s apartment.

When they arrived back at Sunset’s apartment the first thing they did was take turns showering to get the sunscreen off and sand they got on them. They were also fortunate enough to not get sunburnt but were a few pink spots on their back. But with a little lotion, they'll be ok.

After their showers and a change of clothes, they got started on dinner.

They decided to have their first date at Sunset’s place with a nice meal together.

The two friends were cooking both parts of their dinner for the night making spaghetti and veggie balls. Twilight handled the pasta while Sunset dealt with the veggie balls. Since Sunset was a vegetarian, she didn't like the taste of meat, so instead of spaghetti and meatballs it was veggie balls instead.

After the food was done, put in bowls at the table with parmesan cheese, bread, butter, and sodas on the side they changed into the dresses they got during their shopping trip today.

As they sat down in their respective seats Sunset lit the small candle in the center of the table while Twilight turned on some romantic music on Sunset's radio. Once that was done they prayed for their meal before they began eating.

After a minute goes by Twilight decides to compliment Sunset on the food.

“So Sunset. Did I do well with the seasoning for the spaghetti?” Twilight replied as she took a bite of a veggie ball.

“You did good Twilight. And how are the veggie balls?” Sunset asked while taking a bite of bread.

“They're good. They might be what I'm used to but I don’t mind the taste.”

“Yeah, I’m not the biggest fan of cooking so I often have a lot of frozen food and instant meals.”

“That’s fine, Sunset I understand. It must be hard to deal with money here than in Equestria. Speaking of which I’ve been meaning to ask you this for a while now. But If you don’t want to hear it then I won’t.”

“Um sure Twilight. What is it?” Sunset said, after wiping her face with a napkin.

“Well, since we start our senior year of high school this fall and we’ll be graduating a year from now, have you by any chance yet thought about your future after high school?” Twilight said as she started to sweat with worry.

“Like what Twilight?”

“As in, stay here and attend college or maybe... head back to Equestria?”

The moment Sunset heard those words she went silent. She wasn’t expecting Twilight to bring this up with her, especially on their first date together. She knew she’d ask this question at some point but knew she'd have to answer her friend's question right that moment.

“I never thought of that Twilight. I had been so distracted these last few months with school, our powers, and whenever we dealt with Equestrian Magic. But I, I don’t intend on leaving this place.”

“But how will you survive Sunset? What would you do if you run out of money? You transfer to another job, saving money for future purchases. Who knows what else you might-”

“I DON’T WANT TO LEAVE TWILIGHT!!!”

This made Twilight sink down a bit in her chair as Sunset blushed in embarrassment when realizing what just happened.

“I’m sorry Twilight. I know that I’ve been on my own for the last few years, but truth be told. I’m scared.”

“Scared? Of what?”

Silence rose once again before Sunset felt ready to tell Twilight why she was scared as she turned off the radio in the process.

“The moment you reminded me that when we graduate we’ll be going our separate ways. And, I’m not sure how I’ll be able to deal with the fact that the friends I had for so long, I won’t be seeing every day about a year from now.”

...

“Honesty Sunset. I feel the same.”

“But how Twilight? You had a better childhood than me. What makes it different?”

“Because I didn’t have many friends growing up, and when I was still a student of Crystal Prep. I only had one friend named Moondancer and sadly, she moved to another school four years before I met you and the girls at the Friendship Games. And honestly, after all the fun I’ve had with you six, I don’t want to say goodbye either.” Twilight said as a tear fell down her face.

“Why don't we change out of these dresses and then talk some more about it, ok? I promise. Once we’ve cleaned up we can talk more about this. I need a few minutes to think this over, change into my pajamas, and put the food away. You got that Twi?”

Twilight looked up at Sunset who smiled when looking into her eyes just as the candle was blown out.

Twilight knew she needed some time to think as well so she went with it as she nodded in reply before getting up to change out of her dress.


About 20 minutes passed after the two girls put away the food and changed into the normal attire they wore earlier in the day. After they sat back down together on the couch neither felt like looking at the other for the first few minutes. That was til Sunset decided to break the silence as she looked at her girlfriend sitting next to her.

“I’m sorry how I reacted to your question earlier Twilight. I wasn't thinking like I normally do before I yelled at you. I wasn’t sure what to do.”

“And I’m sorry I brought it up. It’s just, I have never had friends I care for and love to be with so much since transferring to CHS a few months ago. And especially getting to know you made me just want to not lose you.”

“I don’t want to either. Even if my human counterpart might still out there, I don’t want to leave this place. I often miss Equestria with its magic and being a unicorn over a human. But since coming to this world, I have found a new place to call home. Ever since I got to know the girls more and I felt like I had found another family I care about. Sure there’s been a few rough moments now and then I still enjoy it. And when you came in. Sniff. It became even better."

Tears had now started to form on Sunset’s face.

“I don’t want to say goodbye to them. I at least want someone to stay with me after graduation. Like you Twilight.”

“I feel the same as you do Sunset. I want to continue to learn more about you, go to new places and make new memories. Even if you weren’t born or grew up here. But it does exist, deep down in my heart.” Twilight now was having the waterworks herself just thinking about her future without her friends.

“Oh, Twilight. There are many reasons why I love you. You're smart, and fun to be around, and our group wouldn't be the same without you.” shared Sunset.

This made Twilight feel a sign of hope. They soon came together for a hug as the two friends released their tears crying into each other's shoulder before they finished it and looked into each other's eyes.

After wiping away the tears that had soaked their shirts, they started to feel more positive.

“Sunset, I know this relationship of ours is new, but I don’t want to let it end. Sure, it’s only been almost twenty-four hours since we started dating, but I want you to stay by my side once we're done with high school. Heck, maybe even move in with you or you move in with my family. But for now, there’s one thing I don’t want to happen. Going our separate ways.”

“I don’t either Twilight.”

“Even if our first time meeting was weird I’m glad I did meet you and our friends. If I never met you and the girls I wouldn’t have this new life you’ve given me. I'd still be at Crystal Prep in my lab with Spike all day long working alone.”

“And if I wouldn’t meet you Twilight, I wouldn’t have felt this much happiness.”

The two girls then smiled at each other before going into another hug. Knowing that they managed to reason everything out after a not-so-great dinner date.

They then looked back into each other’s eyes whipping the leftover tears that were still on their faces before smiling at each other once again.

“I love you Twilight.”

“I love you Sunset.”

They both go into a kiss that they enjoyed very much before laying down on the couch together.

“Are you sure we can work this out? You know, dating, and perhaps you or me move into another place?”

“We probably might. But for now, we have plenty of time to think.”

“As long as I have you, I’ll be ok.”

“And if I have you, I’ll be too.”

The girls soon go into a burst of laughter before spending the rest of the night with a movie and snuggling together on the couch.


Later that night as they got into bed together they looked at each other happily while getting under the covers. They were just in their bra and panties this evening as they didn't feel like wearing their pajamas this time.

“So, what do you hope tomorrow has in store Sunset?”

“I don’t know Twilight. Maybe meet up with the girls and confess we’re dating. Tell your parents were in a relationship. I honestly don't know.”

“Maybe it's best we keep it a secret for a while. For now, let’s be happy we got each other.”

“Right. Hey, you know how last night you gave me that gift.”

“Yeah what about it?” Twilight said as she removed her glasses.

“I made something for you as well.”

“Really? What is it Sunset?”

“Hold on, let me go and get it.”

After climbing over Twilight so she could get out of bed and she began digging through her drawer till she found what she was looking for.

“This is what I wanted to give you,” replied Sunset, placing the object in Twilight's hands.

It was a locket necklace.

The moment she opened it up she was in tears of happiness. Inside were two pictures of herself and Sunset. Their selfie, they took the previous weekend at the beach and of them at the Camp Everfree ball.

“I got help from a friend to make this for you. I originally wanted to give it to you when we graduated so you wouldn't forget me, but I guess that won’t be happening now.”

“But what matters now is we got a new future with our name on it. And it looks to be pretty bright, don't you think?”

“It sure does.”

“Say you want to, you know. Sleep in each other's jackets tonight? Me in the one I made you and you in mine I let you wear. I know it sounds weird but-”

“I was gonna ask the same thing Twilight.”

Twilight’s eyes gleamed with happiness as she had now been glad she had this talk with her girlfriend.

“Thank you Sunset. You know me well.”

“Just like I do with you Twilight.”

As they put on the jackets and then pulled the covers back up they turned off the light. They looked at each other smiling as they linked their hands together as slowly fell asleep.

“Goodnight Twilight. I love you.”

“Goodnight Sunset. I love you too.”

As the two girls slowly fell asleep they dreamt about what their future had in store for them. Sure it was gonna be tough to handle and they might run into or meet Sunset's counterpart at some point. But if they can both stop anyone who has magic from Equestria and be normal high school students at the same time, they got it all covered and will have a plan if they ever run into the human Sunset Shimmer.

Author's Note:

References

Sunset outfit 1 Sci Twi outfit 2, art made by VerumTee

Sunset outfit 2 (She wasn't wearing the jacket btw in this story) Sci Twi outfit 3 VerumTee

Sunset outfit 3

Sunset outfit 4, seen in this cyoa short "Costume Conundrum." Third dress in the middle.

Sci Twi outfit 1 (on the right) Art by, JonFawkes

Sci Twi outfit 4, art by Artmlpk

Hope you all have enjoyed this and there's 1 chapter after this as an epilogue for this story. That's all for now. I'm SciSetShimmerEvan and I'll see you down the line.