• Published 20th Sep 2020
  • 1,106 Views, 24 Comments

A Grand Night Out - PonyPixel



Twilight has invited several different creatures to the Grand Galloping Gala, and they all have different experiences.

  • ...
2
 24
 1,106

Heading Home

Soon, the gala was over. Many ponies started heading home while others stayed behind for a little bit longer. All the first-time guests were all staying behind as well. “This was fun while it lasted,” Novo sighed.

“I wish we had more time to hang out,” Celestia agreed. “Maybe Luna and I could drop by Mount Aris sometime.” The alicorn and hippogriff then looked over to Skystar and Gabby.

“So, how likely would it be for you to drop by Mount Aris?” the princess asked Gabby.

“If you have any mail I need to bring over to Ponyville, I’ll fly by,” Gabby responded. The two new friends shared a hug before Skystar walked over to her mother.

“Yak will be pleased to see buffalo at school,” Prince Rutherford said to Chief Thunderhooves.

“I’m sure that they’ll get along like water and flour,” Thunderhooves spoke. The yak and buffalo seemed to be getting along very well. Rainbow was flying around looking to see where Gilda was. She found the griffon sitting at a table talking with Garble.

“I hope we’ll see each other again,” Garble said.

“Yeah, I think I’ll drop by when I need a place to warm up,” Gilda responded. “Be sure to keep up that cool poetry.” Both griffon and dragon gave each other a fist bump as Dash walked over to them.

“There you are G,” the rainbow mare said. “Where have you been? I've barely seen you the whole night.”

“Oh, shoot, Dash I forgot. I found Garble and we had a lot in common.”

Garble looked towards Dash and felt a little awkward. “Hey,” he said sheepishly. “So, no hard feelings.”

“You helped keep those three imbeciles we don’t speak of busy so we could save Equestria. We’re good.”

“Anyways, I’m glad I met Garble,” Gilda spoke. “We were both bullies and I’m really surprised by how he redeemed himself.”

“Yeah,” Garble admitted, “The plan was to get the dragons to laugh at me. And it worked.”

“Good for you,” Dash commented. “Anyways, I think your rides home will be here soon. You should head back to the station.”

“Yeah, I know,” Gilda sighed.

“We can always meet up again,” Garble said. “Heck, I could visit you.”

“I’ll keep that in mind. Just to be sure to bring some gemstone just in case. And don’t challenge a griffon to one of their games.” Garble nodded making a mental note.

They then heard some laughter and looked over to see Thorax and Ember holding each other’s claw and hoof. “Oh, you’re really precious,” Thorax said to his girlfriend.

“You’re the one who shares love,” Ember said. “How do I compete with that?” The two suddenly saw Gilda, Garble, and Rainbow Dash. Ember blushed and quickly pretended not to be acting lovey-dovey. “Ugh, yeah... I’m sure we can fix that problem with the students.”

Thorax knew what she was doing and played along. “Sure thing. I’m sure they’ll do better once we do that.”

“Getting a room?” Gilda asked. Dash snickered a bit as Garble did his best to hold back his laughter. Ember gave them a glare, but Thorax managed to keep her calm.

“Well, this was fun guys. Hope we get to do something like this again.”

“Yeah, sure. Anyways, we should get going now.” The friends all made their way to the train station and waited for their rides home.

“It’s pretty chilly out here.”

“Yeah, I can’t wait to get back to the Dragon Lands,” Ember spoke. “A nice relaxing pool of lava will feel so nice.”

“It would,” Garble agreed.

“I don’t think I would enjoy that,” Thorax admitted. “I think I could go for some tea.”

“I just want some time to myself,” Pharynx spoke. He looked down the track to see if the train was getting close.

“Glad you enjoyed your night,” Rainbow said to Gilda.

“Thanks, Dash,” the Griffonstone ambassador said. “You know, I’m hoping that the next event that we get invited to is a little more exciting.”

“Like, some sort of carnival,” Skystar suggested.

“Exactly.”

“I’ll let Twilight know about that,” Dash commented. Gilda gave a thumbs-up as they heard a whistle. The train started coming into the station to take the visiting creatures home.

“Finally,” Pharynx groaned. He didn’t waste any time getting on board. Many other creatures did the same thing.

“See you guys next event,” Thorax said. He walked onboard the coach with Ember. The Dragon Lord couldn’t help herself and she slowly reached her claw out to hold the changeling king’s hoof. She tried to hide her blushing by using her wing, hoping that no one was noticing. Thorax did and he just smiled.

Their train soon left and the griffons waited for theirs. “Have a safe trip home,” Dash said to her griffon friend.

“Aren’t you traveling with us?” Gabby asked.

“This train doesn’t go to Ponyville. My friends and I are going to wait for the next one.”

“Right,” Gilda said. She then saw the next train steam into the station. “Here’s our ride. See you again sometime Dash.” The two friends shared a hug before the griffons got on board. The coach doors closed and the engine pulled the coaches out of the station.

Gilda sat down with Gabby, who decided to speak up. “That was fun,” the mail griffon said. “I really enjoyed my time with Skystar.”

“Yeah, it’s like you two were sisters separated at birth.”

“What do you think it would be like to be a seapony?”

“I honestly don’t know. Didn’t she show you?”

“Sadly no.”

“It is winter, so unless you wanna be a popsicle, I’d stay with fur and feathers instead of scales.”

“It would be kind of weird not having legs.”

“Weird when you walk on only two legs.”

“What?”

“Nothing.” Gilda hadn’t really told Gabby about the first time she met the other ambassadors. She and Gilda sat out the rest of the ride waiting to arrive at home.

Comments ( 4 )

Aww! That was a great ending! Looking forward to more stories from you!

Great story overall cant wait to read the next one.

Well this was a pretty fun story with the grand Galloping Gala came to a close everybody went home and this was a really good story to see other creatures ponies talking to each other having fun and everything

And this is how I always do when the party usually is done and this is the perfect song for it

Login or register to comment